<— HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY and may I just *squeeeeeee!!!* over Kylie Scott’s latest release? FINALLY!!!! I kept squeeing and pre-posting it as a new release not realizing it had been slightly delayed. But delays NO MORE!!! This time it’s for REAL my friends! And that blurb HAS ME!!! Rich girl enrolls in public school and meets HIM. The guy that once saved her… But of course I’m excited. This author is just plain AWESOME, and that storyline? Exactly what I love to read!
But since it’s new release day, there’s plenty more where that came from!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s early bird surprises ➔ 17 Earlybird Book Releases + some that are going live at midnight…
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Fallen Crest Home by Tijan
- Trust by Kylie Scott
- Candy Ever After: Hot Candy, Book 2 by Jo Raven
- Mr. Match: The Mister Series, Book 5 by J.A. Huss
- A Lover’s Vow: The Grangers, Book 3 by Brenda Jackson
- Hello Forever: Hello Goodbye, Book 2 by Sarina Bowen
- Where the Light Falls: A Novel of the French Revolution by Allison Pataki
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland <— VI KEELAND’S LATEST ALERT!!! IT’S ALREADY A HUGE AMAZON BEST SELLER NOW ( #4 on the ENTIRE Amazon Kindle list!!!) and has a ton of great reviews and I can’t to read it, too! Just released a couple of days ago (so it’s on the earlybird list) but I’m bringing it back around in case you missed it! 😀 Take a look at this hilarious blurb!! She just TOLD HIM OFF BIG TIME for being a cheater, and then she realized she was yelling at the wrong guy… 😉
“Oops. My mistake. Embarrassed, I slunk out without an apology. I was never going to see the handsome stranger again anyway, right? That’s what I thought…until I walked into class the next morning.Well, hello Professor West, I’m your new teaching assistant. I’ll be working under you…figuratively speaking. Although the literal interpretation might not be such a bad thing―working under Professor West.”
The Opposite of You: An Opposites Attract Novel by Rachel Higginson <— MY 5-STAR FAVORITE ALERT!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! ONE OF MY LATEST ABSOLUTE FOREVER FAVORITES is super-bargain priced right now and I must implore EVERYONE!! For an awesome, hilarious (especially the heroine), infuriating-hero, sexy FULFILLING READ… this one is super-bargain priced right now!!! And here is my 5-STAR REVIEW!!!
- Hot for the Fireman by Gina L. Maxwell <— THE TITLE SAYS IT ALL!! LOL! “When a twist of fate throws Boston firefighter Erik Grady together with the woman who gave him the hottest night of his life, he has only one mission: to charm her into giving him a chance and show her there’s more between them than just the heat they shared in that hotel room…” Plus it’s bargain priced today!
- Fear University Series by Meg Collett <— EDGE OF YOUR SEAT SERIES and Angela LOVES these!
Angela: Ok Maryse, I’ve have been following you for years now,but rarely suggest books—> laziness!!! Fear University by Meg Collett, a complete 4 book series is amazing!!! Very suspenseful, edge of your seat, but enough paranormal, and dirty romance to keep you interested 😉 I literally just read the last 2 books in one sitting (shamefaced)
- The Roommate Arrangement by Vanessa Waltz <— SHE’S ROOMMATES WITH HER BROTHER & HIS FRIENDS ALERT! “My brother gave me a place to stay. His one rule? Don’t fool around with his friends. They’re seven men, all with smoking-hot bodies and no boundaries. I’m the Help in this ridiculous bachelor pad. If it’s not strip-poker weekend, it’s nude pool parties. They’re making my life and libido a living hell. Especially Grayson..” NICE!!!! Plus it’s super-bargain priced right now!! 😀
- At Peace (The ‘Burg Series Book 2) by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! This is one of my FAVORITE KA books ever. He’s one of my all time top heroes and he will TICK YOU OFF (and also… make you swooooooon). 😉 Here’s my review (with the original cover).
- Spellbinder (Moonshadow Book 2) by Thea Harrison <— SHE’S BEEN KIDNAPPED ALERT!! “Kidnapped while on tour, musician Sidonie Martel is transported to the mystical land of Avalon. A human without magical ability, she is completely vulnerable to the deadly forces surrounding her. When she defies her captors and refuses to share her music, an act of violent cruelty leaves her broken, her ability to play silenced, maybe forever. Her only hope is a whisper in the dark, gentle hands that offer healing, and a man who refuses to show her his face yet who offers advice she dare not ignore…”
- Past Be Damned (Last Hope Book 2) by Rebecca Royce
- The Dragon’s Treasure: A Seven Kingdoms Tale 1 (The Seven Kingdoms) by S.E. Smith
- Seeds of Malice: A Psychic Vision Novel (Psychic Visions Book 11) by Dale Mayer
- Cursed in Love: A Zodiac Shifters Paranormal Romance: Cancer by Bethany Shaw
- Souls Unchained (Blood & Bone Book 2) by C.C. Wood
- Alphas of Summer: A collection of shifter romances
- Chosen: Gowns & Crowns, Book 7 by Jennifer Chance
- Mischievous Prince (Captured by a Dragon-Shifter Book 5) by Michelle M. Pillow
- The Dragon’s Queen (The Dragon’s Throne Book 3) by Lucy Fear
- Furever Mated: Crimson Hollow Complete Series by Marissa Dobson
- Unwanted Magic (The Ancient Magic Series Book 3) by Stephany Wallace
- Hale and Gemini (The Alder Tales Book 3) by RS McCoy
- Finding Forever: Volume 2 (Chronocon) by Jennifer Sable
- The Sentinel (Legends of Love Book 3) by Avril Borthiry
- Saving Soren (Shrew & Company Book 7) by Holley Trent
- The Blood Mage (Changing Tides Book 2) by Aimee Davis
- Windstorm (Nightwraith Book 1) by Gaja J. Kos
- Elemental Mating (An A.L.F.A. Novel) by Milly Taiden
- Flux: (Starblind #3) by D.T. Dyllin
- The Library of Light and Shadow: A Novel (Daughters of La Lune) by M. J. Rose
- Forgotten Love by Julianna Zacleese
- Graveyard Watchman by Leslie Fear <— LESLIE FEAR’S LATEST JUST WENT LIVE TOO! “He lifted his eyes to me. I was instantly captivated. He was sheer beauty in his black, hooded cloak. Was he real or just my imagination? It didn’t matter. I had to know the mysterious man shrouded in darkness...”
- Trust by Kylie Scott <— KYLIE SCOTT ALERT!!! HE SAVED HER & HE’S TRYING TO BETTER HIMSELF… Oh this one sounds poignant and intense!!!! “After being held hostage during a robbery at the local convenience store, seventeen-year-old Edie finds her attitude about life shattered. Unwilling to put up with the snobbery and bullying at her private school, she enrolls at the local public high school, crossing paths with John. The boy who risked his life to save hers...”
- HOT Valor (Hostile Operations Team – Book 11) by Lynn Raye Harris
- The Strawberry Hearts Diner
- Eyes On You: A Blasphemy Novella by Laura Kaye <— LAURA KAYE DOM/sub alert!!! “…In the wake of discovering her fiancé’s infidelity, florist Olivia Foster never expected to find someone who not only understood her wildest, darkest fantasies, but would bring them to life. As Wolf introduces her to his world at the play club, Blasphemy, Liv finds herself tempted to explore submission and exhibitionism with the hard-bodied Dom even as she’s scared to trust again...”
- The Broken Puppet (The Elite Kings Club Book 2) by Amo Jones
- Kiss My Boots (The Coming Home Series Book 2) by Harper Sloan <— HARPER SLOAN’S SILVER-TONGUED COWBOY ALERT!! “Quinn Davis prefers to live her life quietly. She’s the stereotypical tomboy with two overprotective big brothers who have always been there to protect her, especially from devilishly handsome cowboys with silver tongues. That is, until Tate Montgomery comes riding into town. Their first meeting, however, is far from something out of a fairy tale and only further convinces Quinn that men aren’t worth her time…”
- Getting a Grip: A #MyNewLife Romantic Comedy by M.E. Carter
- Coming Consumed: Welcome to Carson, Book Three by Renee Harless
- In A Whisper (Set Me Free Book 2) by Diana Nixon <— HE’S A SURGEON & SHE’S HIS NEW ASSISTANT “…The day Nicola Holt comes to work as Ashton’s assistant, everything he believed was right for him becomes wrong. For someone whose everyday job is saving lives, Ashton finds himself too weak to stand against Nicola’s charm…” (It’s part of a duet but can be read as a standalone)
- Sin (Vegas Nights, #1) by Emma Hart <— HE OWNED 50% of the CLUBS IN VEGAS ALERT!!! “…Whatever he wanted, money, attention, women, he got. And now he wanted to buy my bar, no matter the cost. I wanted him to go to hell on a first-class ticket. He played a dirty game, and I followed his rules. I let him think he would win…”
- Assassin Next Door (Bad Boy Inc. Book 1) by Eve Langlais
- Misguided (Fallen Aces MC Book 5) by Max Henry <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! HE’S OVERBEARING... “…I’m lost, wandering familiar yet foreign halls as I try to work out what my purpose is in this club. What can I offer the people who sacrificed so much to save me? I need a guiding light, something to get me on the right path. Or someone. Someone like him. A cocky, playful ladies man, Dog is nothing like what I thought I’d ever need…“
- Pretend We Are Lovely: A Novel by Noley Reid <— FAMILY DRAMA ALERT!! “…Daughters Enid, ten, and Vivvy, almost thirteen, are subtler versions of their parents, measuring their summer vacation by meals had or meals skipped. But at summer’s end, secrets both old and new emerge and Francie disappears, leaving the family teetering on the brink...”
- The Iron Tiara: A Nine Minutes Spin-Off Novel by Beth Flynn <— BETH FLYNN BIKER BOOK SPINOFF ALERT!! “The Iron Tiara is a spin-off novel from the Nine Minutes Trilogy. It can be read as a standalone, and does not contain a cliffhanger...”
- Rocky Mountain Home (Six Pack Ranch Book 11) by Vivian Arend
- A Dead Man’s Pulse: Trident Security Omega Team Book 1 by Samantha A. Cole
- Escape with a Hot SEAL (Hot SEALs Book 12) by Cat Johnson
- Marry Me at Willoughby Close by Kate Hewitt
- Eight Seconds to Forever (Men of the Sprawling A Ranch Book 5) by Anna Alexander
- Operation SEAL: Book Two Trident Brotherhood Series by Cayce Poponea
- Loyal To A Kingpin by Cina Rae
- Buttons and Shame by Penelope Sky <— DARK READ SEQUEL ALERT!! I BELIEVE THIS series should be read in order so don’t check out the blurb for this one unless you’re ready!! “I started a blood war. I’ve made a terrifying enemy. Over a single woman. It was a stupid decision but I don’t have any regrets. Because Bellissimo is finally mine.”
- Unexpected Love (Love Stings Series Book 4) by Evan Grace
- Casual Impressions (The Safeguard Series, Book Four) by Kennedy Layne
- Perfect Fall (Perfect Love Series Book 4) by Autumn Jordon
- Rose (Beach Brides Book 9) by Shanna Hatfield
- Last First Kiss (Hale Street) by Amy Knupp
- Rekindled Ember (Ember Lake Book 2) by Sara Arden
- Wrecked by J.B. Salsbury <— J.B. SALISBURY ALERT!! HAUNTED EX-MILITARY MAN ALERT!!! He’s haunted by his time in the Army and trying to recover… and then he meets HER. “...Beautiful and sophisticated, she seems out of place in this laid-back beach town. Something is pushing her to experience everything she can-including Aden. But as much as he wants her, starting a relationship with Sawyer puts them both at risk. For Aden, the past doesn’t stay there; it shows up unexpectedly, uncontrollably, and doesn’t care whose life it wrecks.”
- The Comfort of Secrets (A Sweet Lake Novel Book 2) by Christine Nolfi
- The Southern Nights Series by M. Never
- Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake Book 2) by Marina Adair
- Foolish Heart (MacLarens of Fire Mountain Contemporary Book 9) by Shirleen Davies
- High Stakes: A Dark Romance by Roxy Sinclaire
- A Little Harmless Fascination by Melissa Schroeder
- Rum Runner (The Key West Escape Series Book 1) by Tricia Leedom
- Love on the Vine (Bound by Design) by Roxanne Smith
- Where I Need To Be (McKenna Series Book 3) by Jamie Hollins <— NEWLY DIVORCED EX-RICH GIRL & THE MECHANIC ALERT!! “After an ugly divorce, Megan lost her home, her job, and a big chunk of her self-respect. With her posh lifestyle now a memory, she starts over by indulging in an unexpected fling with a hard-bodied mechanic…“
- Persuading Austen by Brigid Coady
- As Long As You Love Me (Love Me Series Book 4) by Jaime Russell
- To Win Her Smile (Players) by by Mackenzie Crowne
- Grown Woman by Jen Luerssen <— OLDER WOMAN YOUNGER MAN ALERT!! She goes back to college… “She makes fast friends with some classmates and her love life gets interesting. She doesn’t count on Javier. He is young (a lot younger), gorgeous, smart, and throws her off balance. They start out as study partners, become friends, and then things heat up.”
- Glamour: Contemporary Fairytale Retellings by AL Jackson, Sophie Jordan, Aleatha Romig, Skye Warren, Lili St. Germain, Nora Flite, Sierra Simone, Nicola Rendell <— FAIRYTALE RETELLING ALERT!! “Remember the fairy tales your parents read to you when you were little? These are NOT those fairy tales. From modern day royalty to metaphorical dragons, contemporary castles to sexy heroes, these bestselling authors twist tales as old as time into something new…“
- Montana Gold (Rocky Mountain Romances Book 3) by Diane Darcy
- Barbecue and Blue Jeans (Boys in Blue Jeans Book 1) by Brigitte Ann Thomas
- Adjunct Lovers by Liz Crowe
- On Fire: Erotic Romance Stories by Rachel Kramer Bussel
- One-Time Second in Line by L.C White
- Meet Me Under The Stars by K.D. Proctor <— SHE’S GRIEVING HER SISTER & HE’S ABOUT TO BE DEPORTED & THEY’VE BROKEN EACH OTHER’S HEARTS… “...Unable to agree on a benefactor for the scholarship, Nate and Charlie challenge each other to a winner-takes-all competition. They both know the only way to win is to turn up the heat and tease one another with the one thing they both want: each other. But as sparks fly, their true feelings resurface. Nate and Charlie must decide if their love is worth the effort or if they’ll allow their disastrous past mistakes to destroy their chance at forever...”
- Safe With Me (Falling For A Rose Book 1) by Stephanie Nicole Norris
- Niccolaio Andretti: A Mafia Romance Novel (The Five Syndicates Book 2) by Parker S. Huntington
- Hard Love by Joanne Schwehm <— SOUNDS ANGSTY ALERT!! “…The man she had spent her teenage years lusting over rescued her on a bleak yet fateful day. There he was, straight out of her dreams, looking better now than he had years ago. The more time he spent with her, the more he questioned everything he knew. The more time she spent with him, the more those old feelings resurfaced and grew stronger. Too bad it only took one night, a few words, and a terrible decision, to ruin it all. Too bad it was too good to be true…“
- Lucky Charmed (Charmed in Texas) by Sharla Lovelace
- Summer Love (Somewhere in Rome Book 1) by Hannah Royale
- Played: A Billionaire Romance by Violet Haze
- Where the Night Ends by Melissa Toppen <— THEY’VE BEEN IN LOVE & HURTING EACH OTHER FOR YEARS... “Some might think our love story is over, but deep down I know it’s only just beginning. Because it’s not about where the night begins, it’s about where it ends…”
- Elusive (Shipwreck Book 1) by L.A. Fiore – July 21st 2017
- Malentendido (Misunderstood) by Mara White – July 22nd 2017
- When I Need You (The Need You Series) by Lorelei James – July 25th 2017
- The Difference Between Us: An Opposites Attract Novel by Rachel Higginson – July 25th 2017
- Wildfire: A Hidden Legacy Novel by Ilona Andrews – July 25th 2017
- All or Nothing at All (The Billionaire Builders Book 3) by Jennifer Probst – July 25th 2017
- Say No More (Gravediggers Book 3) by Liliana Hart – July 25th 2017
- Accidental Sire (Half-Moon Hollow Series) by Molly Harper – July 25th 2017
- The Brightest Embers (A Broken Destiny Novel) by Jeaniene Frost – July 25th 2017
- Cross Check: A Bayard Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson – July 25th 2017
- When I Need You (The Need You Series) by Lorelei James – July 25th 2017
- Whiskey Sharp: Unraveled by Lauren Dane – July 25th 2017
- Fall by Eden Butler – July 25th 2017
- The Difference Between Us: An Opposites Attract Novel by Rachel Higginson – July 25th 2017
- The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise Duet Book 2) by Aly Martinez – July 27th 2017
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Enough time to say good morning Maryse and everyone!!! Now to throw my scrubs on and get to work!!! Have a great day.
Good morning Linda and everyone! After I finish The Unrequeted, I think I need light and airy for my next book. Vi Keeland’s Beautiful Mistake looks perfect!
*waves* morning all, off like a prom dress here too.
Good morning everyone!!! 😀
Mine’s missing! lol IN A WHISPER – out JULY 18th 🙂 https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=diana+nixon+in+a+whisper
Oh thank you Diana!! I’m adding it in now. 😀
I need light reading after Unrequited too! I am reading Slouch Witch.
Amazon needs to have a “One Click Everything On Maryse’s List” button. You just put in the date, click, and they all just show up on your Kindle!!! That would save me so much time!
LOL Lisa!!!!! 😀
Oooh Diana, that sounds good. I just went and purchased the Set Me Free Duet Boxset, cuz I’m greedy that way!!!
Yeah Michelle! Slouch Witch is definitely a light read, but so fun!
I finished reading American Queen and OMG, I loved it. Not just because it was hot, but because of the emotions and everything that happened. I put in the request for American Prince on Booklending, but I might by it if I don’t get it by next month.
Thanks a lot, Maryse! 🙂 x
Lol Lisa Happy Reading! 🙂
Bev- off like a prom dress! I had a good chuckle over that!
Tessa- I loved AQ and AP! Now I’m waiting for American King! That series is so good. Glad you liked it.
I didn’t read Black and Green quick enough yesterday, I finished late. But I started a reread on Silver Swan, because I forgot some crucial info. I’m reading the next book in the series The Broken Puppet next! I’ve heard it is literally mind-blowing.
Could it be July 27 already? I need The Brightest Sunset like yesterday!
Lots of goodies here, but I just can’t keep up!
Robyn, tell me if the editing is better in Broken Puppet. The whole thing is my catnip, but that editing had even me cringing. I hope the second one improves because, again, catnip. I’ll still read it.
Tessa – I have the American Prince – is there a way I can “loan” it to you via amazon??
I think so. I do that with Booklending. The only thing is, I don’t give my email on this site other than sign in, just due to it being connected to other things. 🙂 Thank you though!
I finally started The Unrequited and had to stop to make DH a birthday cake and now I can’t stop doing ‘stuff’. Guess I’ll get back to it tonight, but loving it so far!
Happy new release Tuesday everyone!! Okay, I’m a little late but it is still Tuesday and…*looks at clock*…it’s 5:15 so MARTINI TIME!!!!! I just chopped up an extremely sweet watermelon and what goes better with watermelon than vodka! Crushed watermelon martinis it is tonight. 😉
Trust…oh my. Yes, yes, yes. That one is MINE. And so are Meet Me Under the Stars (love the unique cover and premise), Hard Love, and Where the Night Ends. See? I’m being good and the rest of the ones I want are going on my wish list, not getting clicked just yet.
Maryse, how was The Darkest Sunset? Did it end as well as it was going for you earlier?
Amy. It did. Darkest Sunset is AWESOME and I can’t wait to jump into #2 (which I HAVE to). HAVE. TO. If you get my drift. 😉
American Queen…Tessa, does it turn into a ménage or a love triangle? ‘Cause that is the sense I was getting from the blurb.
*snort* And to think at one time I avoided ménage books. Silly me. 😛
So many new goodies to drool over LOL. And an ‘old’ goodie, too. I love KA’s At Peace as well Maryse. IMO one of her best books. HOT! H, and such a moving story. I cried a couple of times in that book.
Dunno what I’m gonna pick. I’ve been tempted by American Queen before but haven’t gone there. (yet!) I’m intrigued by Trust as well, but I’m a bit nervous cos I didn’t like her dive bar series *ducks flying peanuts* but I DID love some of the stage dive books, so, I’m undecided. And it’s YA. Aaah! I might wait to see what all you guys think.
Said this before and will say it again At Peace is my favorite KA book. Absolutely love ❤️ Joe. Yea he is a jerk but he’s my jerk. I feel about Joe like Maryse feels about Travis. Mine!!
LOL Julie!!! I get you…
I am reading Trust now and so far so good but only 20% in. Will let you know tomorrow.
Do you ever have any contact with Kylie Scott? I’ve tried s couple of times but no luck. I want to know when she is going to get back to the Skin and Flesh
Series? Those are my favorite books of hers. Nobody writes romance and zombies better. If you don’t mind would you please see if you can find out anything.
Would really appreciate.
I shall investigate, Julie. I have a few questions for Kylie, so I’ll see what we can come up with. 🙂
I’ll find out, Julie O 😀
“I get you… so hard!!!”
*falls over cackling*
*spills crushed watermelon martini*
LOL Amy! I was REALLY adamant. *snort*
Amy, your mind went there?? Behave.
*wipes up spilled watermelon martini*
I will say, if you anyone reads American Queen, try to avoid the prologue until later. I’ll even tell you where later. That ruins a little of the unknown.
Amy, read it. 😛
LOL Tessa! Thank you for prologue-warning us!!
Finally getting time to look at new releases and read comments.
Amy, that watermelon martini sounds good. Attempted one previously and it was terrible. What’s your recipe?
Liked the cover of Hard Love. Waiting for the release of Fractured Love.
Now to decide whether to read Beautiful Mistake, Cocky Client or To Hate Adam Connor.
Jeaniene Frost’s new book isn’t coming out until November 28… not this month 🙁
*sigh* Thank you for letting me know, Allie. 🙂 I shall adjust.
Instead of FLT, I dub this: Mid-book quote Wednesday.
“He slowly turned around. “What is love? In English.” I raised my brows. “Love, in English, is love?” “What is it in Spanish?” I was so enthralled by his hypnotic eyes, I could barely remember. “Amore?” He shook his head ever so slightly. “No. Love in Spanish is you.”
Love, In English by Karina Halle
Oh Leslie! ❤️
I love that Leslie! Great book!
I don’t have any ARC’s today and wanted an epic… So I consulted… *The List* you know, my spreadsheet, 😆 and decided… It is July… And that is usually when I lose myself in an epic paranormal or fantasy series. So…. A Court of Thorns And Roses, it is. See you on the other side.
*snicker* You guys KNOW I just had to go there.
Leslie, how amazingly swoony is LiE?? *sigh* Loved that book…
Grey! That one is GREAT!! Have fun. 😀
Leslie–I wish I could have BR’d that with you! I’m hoping to be back in the swing of everything in the next week or two. I hate not being able to read, and buddy read, and chat!
Alright, everyone go and read To Hate Adam Connor. Total happy Swoonfest! I didn’t want to stop reading it, and seriously stayed up a little late last night not wanting to stop. Well, then fell asleep anyway because I was tired. 😛 Seriously, go read it! And if you haven’t read To Love Jason Thorne, read that one too.
Tessa, do they have to be read in order?
Thanks for that Leslie…
Gonna have to reread Love In English again. Such a hardship….
Jean, nope, but honestly, it’s a why not read them in order thing? They are both really good and just makes me want to smile a lot.
Ok Tessa, I’m going to move them up on my TBR!
😀 I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
I’ve been meaning to read Finding Forever, I just haven’t gotten around to it yet. Maybe I’ll open that one next. Right now I have started Arjay Lewis’ Fire in the Mind and I love it. You have the paranormal and the mind games it’s perfect. It’s a series and book 2 coming out in August I think looks better then this one! arjaylewis.com for it’s info. It’s a huge recommendation for those that like a little mystery and paranormal read.
Leslie – the cover model on Love in English is hofft-Mc hot pants- my dream man!
I meant Love in SPANISH!
Yup! Everything is big fat swoonfest when it comes to Love, in English.
Not sure exactly what ‘hofft-Mc hot pants’ means, but we get your drift.
*adds LIE to ‘considering’ pile*
*adds TLJT and THAC to ‘considering’ pile*
That was supposed to say HOTTIE Mc Hot Pants, but my old, fat, arthritic fingers keep messing it up. He’s a soccer player in the book. Swoon.
I understood what you were getting at.
Oh yeah. I do like a hot soccer player ;D
FLT – “Maybe I’d always been broken and dark inside.” ~ A Court of Mist and Fury (ACOTAR#2) by Sarah J. Maas.
I really need to read that series Grey….
Here’s my FLT: I swung myself up onto the ledge, cursing Sean silently as I shifted and balanced. (My Image of You by Melanie Moreland). It’s good so far. He is a photographer who takes extreme risks to get that perfect shot, gets hurt, and meets a sassy nurse!
The downtown San Francisco Safeway was practically deserted.
Late Eclipses by Seanan McGuire
I finished Artificial Light last night and really enjoyed that one, so onto the next. 😀
And Grey… *squees* I wish I could read that for the first time again!
I loved this post, especially because it’s one of my favorite genres. THough, I’d never call Kenyon a fantasy romance author.
Maryse!!! Have you heard Artemis By Andy Weir comes out in November?
Andy Weir! You know… the author of The Martian?
I don’t even know what to think right now. LOL
OMG Fabi. I will read ANYTHING he writes. He, to me, is a pure genius. I have a nerd-crush. 😉
P.S. Not sayin’ that he’s necessarily nerdy, but gosh-darn anyone that knows that much about Mars, and all the CRAZY McGuyver ways to survive on it, has my nerd-loving heart! 😀
I love excited Fabi!
FLT “Every beat of my heart brings me closer to the wide mahogany door.” Lissa Del, Riven.
I started this one and Damaged Like Us at the same time, but this one sucked me right in, so DLU is on hold.
Maryse, I am on the part on the bus ride. 🙁
Yessssss ma’am… you are.
I listened to that song on that one. Ugh. My heart!!!!!
*pours glass of wine and gathers Manny for Leslie*
Fabi it looks like the MC is female. I am curious as to how he writes her voice.
Jan, have you ever eaten fairy bread?
Thinking Friday matinee.
Favorite movie snacks?
And do you sneak them in?
Vodka…and not at the Drafthouse 😆
Bev, twizzlers and yes, I sneak them. I’ll buy their overpriced popcorn & soda, but I refuse to pay for the candy.
What are you going to see? We love movies. We saw Planet of the Apes last weekend. Also recently saw Spiderman and Despicable Me 3. Going to Guardians of the galaxy 2 for the 2nd time tomorrow.
I’ve taken sugar free candy when I’m watching my girlish curves, but usually where we go has a full restaurant and we just eat dinner there. Fried pickles and fish n’ chips and maybe an grown up espresso shake. Oooh and a bucket of beer. And thus, the girlish curves…
The Alamo sounds fun, but I’m not sure people eating dinner next to me wouldnt annoy me.
I love pickles, I want to try fried pickles.
Leslie I usually only buy the popcorn & soda too. Sneak in licorice or chocolate.
I want to see The Big Sick. I love a romcom and it is getting great reviews.
I also wouldnt mind seeing Baby Driver…..maybe next week.
Despicable Me 3 looks cute too.
Most people get there early and eat long before the movie starts. It’s not a place you’d want to see something epic, but for a rom com or something light, it’s perfect. 50 Shades? Yes. LOTR? Probably not, unless you’re me and need the buck of beer to get through it…
Oh yes. Fairy bread is a staple of kids parties here. I haven’t been to a decent movie in a while. I need to check out what’s showing and take my hubs on a date.
‘On a scorching August day in 1757 when he was eight years old, Sebastian Audley’s life changed.’
from The Wicked Cousin by Stella Riley. A NEW book in the Rockliffe HR series. It just came out on May 31st and I only found out a couple of days ago. Happy surprise! I’m liking it so far.
But, you know me. Always reading more than one book at once. This one is a bit more controversial and has lots of 5-star reviews but quite a few 1-stars as well.
‘There are few worse places for a housekeeper of impeccable credentials to be caught than kneeling on her employer’s bed.’
From Duke Of Sin by Elizabeth Hoyt. Another Georgian HR. (I’m predictable, aren’t I?)
Val, the H is egotistical, unscrupulous, amoral, but very sexy. I like Val, (and hate him LOL) but I don’t think I’m going down the 5-star road. I’m sitting on about 3.5 stars at the moment.
Jan, his arrogance about his looks.
Yeah, but then he IS very good-looking.
Nerdy’s sexy AF Maryse. It’s cool to call him that! I have GOT to get to that book!
HECK YES R!!!!! Serious, serious crush.
I didn’t even tag him in my Twitter post of the review, and he liked the tweet anyway. I fangirled. OH YES I DID.
You’re clearly engaged now. Congrats! <3
Oh yes, Maryse…I get your drift. I definitely get it. 😉
I always buy popcorn and soda at the movies, but I ALWAYS sneak a bag each of Hershey’s Drops, Red Vines, and Sour Patch Kids in my purse. Every time. All three of those. Eat a Hershey’s Drop with a handful of popcorn and ohhhhhhhh man… *drool*
lol I had to! That did ruin some of the mystery. As in, the biggest unknown was told right there in the prologue.
Omg. I can feel the impending book hangover approaching already… I have mainlined 2 ACOTAR books in a matter of 2 days… And I have the 3rd in my hot little hands.
*What is this thing called sleep you speak of?*
I am curious, to those that have read, I have my High Fae favorite all picked out and everything… What team are you on? 😆
BTW I finished Trust by Kylie Scott and really liked. More of a mature YA book. Sometimes nice to read those and get away from all the hot and heavy sex scenes all the time. Not saying I don’t like but kind of nice to see it “high school”. Even tho we did all that stuff in high school the nitty gritty is not written down.
Would definitely recommend.
Thanks Maryse for checking into that for me
*snuggles manny and chugs wine*
I don’t even drink wine but I need it.
I HATE Vera’s sister & mother. Ugh!
Grey, do you not know me by now? Who do you think I’d root for? Rhys. Heck, in Corrupt, I like Damon the most!
I figured you were with me, Tessa 😆 Our love of the bad boy is pretty well documented….
Thank you so much for including Souls Unchained on the new release list!
My pleasure C.C.!! 😀
Team Rhys – and the Night Court all the way baby!
But Helion (King of the Day Court) is super hot and wish he would get his own book.