HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY!! 80+ new books just went live including that one there to the left that TOTALLY gave me a blurb jolt (you gotta read the blurb!!). But that’s not the only one… 😉 In fact I’m starting a new book (The Difference Between Us: An Opposites Attract Novel by Rachel Higginson) that was supposed to go live today, but has been delayed a couple of days (won’t go live until Thursday). *sigh* Oh well. That will give me enough time to read the review copy, and maybe even review by its release day. But I have no doubt I’m going to love it because every book I’ve read by this author, I’ve loved!! 😀
BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! OMG YOU GUYS!!!!! IT’S LIVE!!! One of our CLASSIC favorites was out of commission for awhile and now it’s been RE-RELEASED. The Sweet Gum Tree!!!! P.S. Here’s my review!!! ➔➔➔➔
Okay now, here’s my mini blurb-jolt list from the ones below! THESE. SOUND. AWESOME!!! Beautiful Mistake (yep back on the list, but this time in the reader recommendations section ’cause it’s still getting recommended to us big time!), An Impossible World (a Dystopian about a woman that escapes her abusive husband and is trying to stay safe in a ravaged world), Exploited (that one up there to the left!! She’s a secret super-hacker that is trying to expose corruption, and she’s falling in love. Unfortunately, it’s with the guy that is hunting her and doesn’t realize who she is!!! *gasp*!!! Plus it’s A. Meredith Walters, so you know it’ll be awesome), Ripple Effect (Ooooooooooh Keri Lake DARK READ alert!!! She’s been in love with him, watching him, wanting him to save her, but it turns out he’s her worst nightmare. YIKES!!!! MINE!!!!), Pieces of Me (she has escaped her abusive husband and is in hiding, terrified, reclusive, and significantly OCD about things…), Cross Check (HOCKEY PLAYER ALERT!! Plus he’s her best friend’s boy friend’s best friend, he’s always around, and they HATE each other. YAY ME!!! I LOVE those)!!! Oh and there’s quite a few more blurbs that had me chuckling, or oooooohing, so I highlight ’em below.
And don’t forget to check out yesterday’s 19 Earlybird Book Releases!!!
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Jilted: A Love Hurts Novel by Sawyer Bennett
- Wildfire: A Hidden Legacy Novel by Ilona Andrews
- Fatal Threat: A Novel of Romantic Suspense, w/ Bonus Short Story: Bringing Noah Home (The Fatal Series) by Marie Force
- Dim Sum Asylum by Rhys Ford
- The Necromancer’s Dilemma: The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, Book 2 by SJ Himes
- Draakenwood: Whyborne & Griffin, Book 9 by Jordan L. Hawk
- All or Nothing at All: The Billionaire Builders, Book 3 by Jennifer Probst
- Hundreds: Dollars, Book 3 by Pepper Winters
- Ice: Regulators MC Series, Book 1 by Chelsea Camaron & Jessie Lane
- Ruckus by L.J. Shen
- Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas
- Wrecked by J.B. Salsbury
- Acer: No Prisoners MC, Book 3 by Lilly Atlas
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland <— LOL!!! YEP!!! VI KEELAND’S LATEST IS BACK ON THE LIST AGAIN & ‘CAUSE WE HAVE MORE FEEDBACK ALERT!! Melinda couldn’t stop reading it!
Melinda: Ooooh I just read Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland in a day, I loved it that much. A bit like Tessa and To Hate Adam Thorn. I loved that book too Tessa I was the same. Walking around with the book. Running to do something then come back to read another page.
Linda: Highly recommend my weekend reads!!! Beautiful Mistake and Whispered Prayers of A Girl by Alex Grayson. Both were unputdownable!!!
- Whispered Prayers of a Girl by Alex Grayson <— Here’s the other one Linda recommended that was unputdownable!!!
- Pretty Stolen Dolls by Ker Dukey & K. Webster <— DARK READ ALERT! Kiblee just devoured all in the series so far!
Kiblee: I just devoured these 3 books, and I have to washout for more? I can’t believe how roped in I got with this series and I want more.
- Wolfsong by T.J. Klune <— MUCH LOVED M/M ROMANCE and it’s super-bargain priced right now!!
DG: Just to say – Wolfsong was a five star for me. Abso-freaking-lutely FLOVED it. Would have never even glanced at it if it wasn’t all the raving comments from you ladies.
bev: I love when you luck into the right book at the right time. The last one was Wolfsong. I promised Fabi it would be my first book of the new year. It just so happened that we got over 2 feet of snow that week. I lost power a couple times so kept kindle plugged in. When lights flickered I make a large french press of hot coffee. Just cuddled up under my blankets and read. Well, sometimes id go for a walk first, snow to my knees in some places and magical.Perfect book for that kind of weather.
MichelleS: …nothing compares to Wolfsong…
- Don’t Speak: (inspired by “The Little Mermaid”) (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— KATY REGNERY ALERT!!! This is her recent release and it’s super-bargain priced today!! 😀 (Thank you Kat!!)
- The Sound of Light by Claire Wallis <— TOUCHING BOOK ALERT!!! Oh YES!!! I remember this author. She wrote “Push” which I LOVED!! And this is her latest recent release and Melanie recommends it!
Melanie: …you guys have to read The Sound of Light by Claire Wallis!! Omg! I am trying to remember when a book has touched my heart like this one did!!
- Wildfire: A Hidden Legacy Novel by Ilona Andrews <— ILONA ANDREWS ALERT!!
- The Dream Keeper’s Daughter: A Novel by Emily Colin <— TIME TRAVEL ALERT!! The love of her life has gone missing… “…Isabel works hard to become a respected archaeologist and a loving mother to her daughter, Finn, a little girl with very unusual abilities. But while Isabel is on a dig in Barbados, she receives a disturbing phone call. The hauntingly familiar voice on the other end speaks just four words—“Isabel. Keep her safe.”—before they’re disconnected. Isabel tries to convince herself that the caller can’t possibly be Max…”
- The Alpha’s Arrangement (A Paranormal Shifter Romance): Howls Romance by Ryan Michele
- Marked for Them (Witches of Rose Lake Book 1) by Lia Davis
- Passionate Roar: A Zodiac Shifters Paranormal Romance: Leo by Solease M Barner
- Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic Book 2) by Melissa F. Olson
- Bound by Blood (Cauld Ane Series Book 1) by Piper Davenport
- Scent of Danger (The Phoenix Agency Book 3) by Desiree Holt
- Wildfire’s Heart (Elemental Hearts, Book 1) by Siobhan Muir <— FIREFIGHTER GENIE ALERT!! “…Raihana Nejem retired from being a genie in a lamp centuries ago and now works for the U.S. Forest Service. Fires are devastating her field area, but the sexy firefighter djinn might just be more dangerous. Her people believe Ifrits to be evil demons and Raihana can’t be sure Saif isn’t responsible for the arson fires cropping up in town…“
- The Witch’s Protector by Leia Shaw
- The Fifth Doll by Charlie N. Holmberg <—- Ooooooooh CREEEEEEPY!!! “Entering his empty house, Matrona discovers a strange collection of painted nesting dolls—one for every villager. Fascinated, she can’t resist the urge to open the doll with her father’s face. But when her father begins acting strangely, she realizes Slava’s dolls are much more than they seem. When he learns what she’s done, Slava seizes the opportunity to give Matrona stewardship over the dolls—whether she wants it or not...”
- Venom & Vampires: A Limited Edition Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Collection
- Cursing the Moon (The Howl Series Book 2) by Emma Nichols and Lexi James
- Healing the Heart (The Howl Series Book 3) by Emma Nichols and Lexi James
- Her Forsaken Prince: A Scifi Romance by Maya Hughes
- Xander (A Dark Assassins Novel Book Three) by Valerie Ullmer
- An Impossible World by S.P. Cervantes <— DYSTOPIAN ALERT!! SHE ESCAPES HER ABUSIVE HUSBAND… “No longer willing to put up with her husband’s drunken abuse, Belle made the desperate decision to run away from the safety of her community and escaped alone into the broken world beyond. Chased by death as bombs exploded in the distance, her next decision could not only save her life but could potentially bring light back into her darkened soul…“
- Exploited: A Zero Day Romance by A. Meredith Walters <— OOOOOOOOH!!!!! SHE’S A VIGILANTE HACKER & SHE’S IN LOVE WITH THE GUY THAT’S LOOKING FOR HER ALERT!!! “...My story begins with the best possible intention. Devoting my life to exposing the corrupt. The dishonest. The unethical. For that, they label me a cyber-terrorist. Wanted by the FBI, I’ve always been one step ahead. Until I fell in love. Because I’m sleeping with the man who’s hunting me. And he has no idea that I am his prey...”
- Drilled by Opal Carew
- All About Him: A Novel by Pat Tucker
- Leaving Ocean Road by Esther Campion
- Summer on Firefly Lake by Jen Gilroy
- Stud by Jamie K. Schmidt <— CLEAVAGE OGLING COFFEE DRINKER & THE ANNOYED BARISTA ALERT! 😉 “Terri Cooke wishes she could give Mick Wentworth a piece of her mind. The infuriating stud muffin walks into her coffee shop every morning expecting his regular order at 8:57 on the dot, without ever acknowledging Terri’s presence—except for staring at her cleavage. And yet she can’t deny that Mick Wentworth has an animal magnetism that’s stronger and richer than any espresso . . . which explains why Terri says yes when he suddenly, inexplicably asks her out...”
- Love Blooms (Hope & Love) by Jamie Pope
- What Happened in Vegas (Summer Heat Book 3) by Morgan Young
- Hold You Close: A Fight For Me Novel by Jessica Linden
- The Fix (If It’s Broke Book 1) by Kristin Rouse <— HE’S A RECOVERING ADDICT AND THEN HE MEETS HER… “…Juliana believes in him—or at least the him he lets her see. As he nears the one-year mark in his recovery, Ezra’s demons refuse to stay buried and his desire to be the man Juliana deserves can’t compete with the fix he never stops craving. What Ezra doesn’t know yet is that sometimes the fix is worth the fall…“
- The Man in the Mirror by Bonnie Gardner <— TWO MEN LOOK LIKE HER MISSING HUSBAND ALERT!! “...Dr. Gentry Wilson’s husband has been missing for seven years when a man who looks like Jake arrives in the emergency room of her hospital. Perhaps, now she will get the answers to the questions she’s had for so many years. She wants to be angry with him, but as time passes, she begins to fall in love with the man who seems so different from the man he once was. When the body in the lake is identified as Jake, even more questions arise...”
- Ripple Effect: A Novel by Keri Lake <— KERI LAKE ALERT!!! Oooooh this sounds delightfully dark!!!! “…For months, I’ve watched him. I’ve fantasized him as my savior, my lover. My ticket out of the hell I’ve lived in for the last six years. I never dreamed he’d be my nightmare. Had I known what he really is, I’d have never gotten in the car that night, but life is full of cause and effect...”
- Something New (Brides of Cedar Bend Book 2) by Lena Hart
- Cicada Summer by Maureen Leurck
- Accidental Kisses <— ANTHOLOGY!
- 1001 Dark Nights: Bundle Ten <— From New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors Tessa Bailey, Lexi Blake, Larissa Ione, Laurelin Paige, and introducing Jenna Jacob and Sierra Simone. Six Dark Tales. Six Sensual Stories. Six Page Turners.
- The Truth We Bury: A Novel by Barbara Taylor Sissel <— EEEEEEP!! PSYCH THRILLER/ FAMILY DRAMA ALERT!!! “…two families become entangled in a web of lies, secrets, and betrayal that results in an act of violence so shocking their love may not survive...”
- Well Built by Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde
- When A Stranger Calls (New York State Trooper Series Book 7) by Jen Talty
- Hope Restored (Gallagher Brothers Book 3) by Carrie Ann Ryan <— HE’S A SURVIVER & NOW HE’S FIGHTING HIS ATTRACTION TO HER... “Tessa Stone works hard and plays harder. She’s spent her life trying to figure out who she is in the present rather than looking back. Yet when she’s forced into close proximity with Murphy, she’ll have to not only be his rock but learn how to relax enough to maybe let him be hers, as well…”
- Ray of Life by E. L. Todd
- SEALs of Honor: Easton by Dale Mayer
- Say No More (Gravediggers Book 3) by Liliana Hart <— LILIANA HART ALERT!!!
- Hannah (Farraday Country Book 8) by Chris Keniston
- Suddenly Engaged (A Lake Haven Novel Book 3) by Julia London <— THE SINGLE MOM & HER GRUMPY NEIGHBOR ALERT! “Single mother Kyra Kokinos spends her days waiting tables, her nights working on her real estate license, and every spare moment with her precocious six-year-old daughter, Ruby—especially when Ruby won’t stop pestering their grumpy next-door neighbor. At first glance, Dax Bishop seems like the kind of gruff, solitary guy who’d be unlikely to offer a cup of sugar, let alone a marriage proposal. But that’s exactly what happens when Ruby needs life-saving surgery...”
- Delta: Redemption by Cristin Harber
- Mine to Break (The Connaghers Book 6) by Joely Sue Burkhart
- One True Pairing: A Geek Girl Rom Com (Fandom Hearts) by Cathy Yardley
- By Choice (A Playing Games Spin-off Novel) (#MeetCute) by Rene Folsom <— HE’S HER SUPERVISOR, SO SHE HAS A FLING WITH SOMEONE ELSE, ALERT!! “...she knows she has to be strong—Tyson is not for her and getting involved with a supervisor is definitely not a good life choice. When she’s in Berlin on business, Sofie indulges in a one-night stand with Leo, a gorgeous military man, in hopes of banishing thoughts of Ty from her mind. Just the idea of flirting and fleeing the country makes her feel adventurous. A one-night stand with an overseas hottie is perfect for her basic needs as a woman. But, of course, fate has different plans…“
- Your New Best Friend: a romantic comedy by Jayne Denker
- Daddy’s Rules by Arabella Kingsley
- All or Nothing at All (The Billionaire Builders Book 3) by Jennifer Probst <— Ooooh I LOVE THE PROPERTY BROTHERS *waggles eyebrows*!!! “HGTV’s Property Brothers meets The Marriage Bargain in this third volume in the Billionaire Builders series, an all-new, heart-wrenching, and sexy contemporary romance from New York Times bestselling author Jennifer Probst.”
- When Never Again Happens (Never Again Series Book 2) by Jamie Lynn Boothe
- Bittersweet (A Home Sweet Home Novel) by Shirlee McCoy
- Hard Rock Deceit: A Rock Star Romance by Athena Wright <— ROCK STAR ALERT!!! “…we’re both dedicated to our art. We’ll do whatever it takes to succeed. When I find out just how far he’ll go, it threatens to tear our world apart…“
- When I Need You (The Need You Series) by Lorelei James <— FOOTBALL PLAYER NEIGHBOR ALERT!!! “When Rowan learns her new neighbor is Jensen Lund, the smoking-hot tight end who takes being neighborly to a whole new level, she’s grateful for the team’s strict no fraternization policy because the sexy man defines temptation…“
- Whiskey Sharp: Unraveled by Lauren Dane
- A Little Harmless Fantasy by Melissa Schroeder
- Fall by Eden Butler <— SHE LEFT EVERYTHING TO START OVER SOMEWHERE ELSE, BUT… “...when her career spirals out of her control, Lily can only watch as everything she worked for falls to ruin. But some lies are hard to come back from. And some promises are made to be broken. Sometimes going home again is the only thing that can save you. But first you have to break. First you have to fall…“
- Billionaire Unveiled: The Billionaire’s Obsession ~ Marcus by J. S. Scott
- Dominic (The Men of the Seven Chambers Book 1) by D.W. Marshall
- Hate to Want You: Forbidden Hearts by Alisha Rai
- Falling for the Unexpected (Life Unexpected Book 1) by Rachel Lyn Adams <— SINGLE MOM TURNS TO HIM... “For as long as I could remember, I’ve always wanted a family. When I finally get what I want, it’s nothing like I’d expected it to be. It never occurred to me that making one bad decision for all the right reasons could end so wrong. Now, I’m unsure about the future for myself and my daughter. But I can’t take it anymore. I’ve hit the breaking point. Knowing I want out, I turn to a friend for help. He’s completely off limits, so I never expected feelings to get involved...”
- Roman’s Empire by Gayle Phillips-Roberson
- The Next Play: Part Three by Rhyannon Byrd
- Warranted Pleasures (A Warranted Series Book 1) by Shannon Nemechek
- Pieces of Me by Shiloh Walker <— SHE ESCAPED HER ABUSIVE LOVE AND IS HIDING, TERRIFIED... “…she spends most of her time locked away in her home on Pawley’s Island, a small town on the South Carolina coast. Her rare moments of joy come from her trips to the nearby beach. She compulsively checks the locks on her doors, makes sure she has her cell phones—five of them—and if she misses something on her schedule, it throws her into a panic. When she accidentally leaves a sketchbook on the beach, an anxiety attack seems imminent. Her art has become her salvation, her sanity, and losing even one sketch is like losing a piece of her soul. When she returns to hunt for the sketchbook, already fearing it’s gone for good, she’s surprised to find it still sitting there, saved by a sexy fellow beach lover—the mysterious Dillian Jenkins...”
- Vega: Book Four of The Stardust Series by Autumn Reed and Julia Clarke <— Must be read in order…
- Mack’s Witness (Hearts & Heroes Book 2) by Elle James
- Love in a Sandstorm (Pine Harbour Book 6) by Zoe York
- Cross Check: A Bayard Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson <— HOCKEY PLAYER ALERT (HER BEST FRIEND’S BOYFRIEND’S BEST FRIEND THAT SHE HATES ALERT!!) “Ella Verran has three goals this semester: get off academic probation, repair her relationship with her friend Skylar, and take some responsibility for her life. All of which are hard enough without hot, snobby hockey player Ben Buckingham around to distract her. Ella can’t stand Ben, and she knows the feeling is mutual. But he’s best friends with Skylar’s boyfriend, so he’s always around...”
- The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins Book 2) by Katee Robert
- Saints and Sinners by K. Renee
- Need You (The Garner Brothers) by Stacy Finz
- The Beard by Stella James <— SHE’S HAD HER HEART BROKEN AND IS TRYING TO RECOVER... “Cue “the proposition”….My friend Kyle needs a girlfriend. I need to hit the restart button and end my self-imposed exile into craptown. An all-expense paid trip to Hawaii seems like a good way to start. And that’s when things begin to get just a tad complicated....”
- Scot on the Run (Kilted Heroes) by Janice Maynard
- She Loves Me. He Loves Me Not. by Allana Walker
- Eye Candy (Real Love) by Jessica Lemmon <— HE’S BEEN FRIEND-ZONED ALERT!!! “Jackie Butler’s got it bad for some pompous, over-pumped A-hole who struts his stuff past her window. That doesn’t bother me. I know she deserves nice things. What does bother me is that she friend-zoned me big-time last year, so I can’t ask her out myself. But what if I set her up with Mr. Steroids? Then, when he breaks her heart, I can swoop in and save her like the nice guy I am. Everything’s going according to plan . . . until we share a ridiculously epic kiss. And suddenly anything is possible...”
- Fairy Tales Unleashed by Naima Simone
- Because of You by Megan Nugen Isbell
- Lily (Beach Brides Book 10) by Ciara Knight
- The Garden (Lavender Shores Book 2) by Rosalind Abel <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Misconduct: Birmingham Rebels by Samantha Kane <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! Actually… TRIO ALERT!! “Rookie running back Tom Kelly loves the perks of football stardom. Men, women—there’s no shortage of companionship for a pro athlete who’s hot, young, and willing, and Tom is definitely willing. But deep down he wants a committed three-way relationship, especially if the female in the middle is Carmina de la Cruz...”
- Got Mine (Men of Trance Book 1) by Nicole Loufas <— SINGLE FATHER TAKES A SEXY SIDE JOB ALERT!! “...Theo takes a job at Trance; the city’s only women’s club, and soon becomes its star attraction. That still isn’t enough to pay his daughter’s tuition and the ever-rising cost of his San Francisco neighborhood. With the help of Rico, a fellow entertainer and part-time pimp; Theo earns extra cash through a series of hilarious side jobs…”
- The Line of Duty (Good Guys Wear Black Book 2) by Sidney Bristol <— SWAT OFFICER ALERT! THE HUSBAND SHE WANTS TO LEAVE IS SEDUCING HER… “Nicole Vant wants to put heartbreak and loss behind her, and that means giving up on her empty marriage. Except Jake meets her at every turn, seducing her the same way he once made her fall in love with him...”
- I Am Woman (Laughable Love Book 1) by Sarah Cole
- Blue-Blooded Romeo (The Royal Romeos Book 6) by Jenny Gardiner
- Stay: A Fighting Chance Novel Book 2 by Jamie Lee <— THE LOVE OF HER LIFE LEFT HER... “…after months away, he’s back and timing is, once again, a huge slap in the face. Especially when his reason for leaving followed him home. His past meets his present and we’re forced to figure out what that means for us. We could have it all...”
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- The Brightest Sunset (The Darkest Sunrise Duet Book 2) by Aly Martinez – July 27th 2017
- The Difference Between Us: An Opposites Attract Novel by Rachel Higginson – July 27th 2017
- Devil’s Cut: A Bourbon Kings Novel (The Bourbon Kings) by J.R. Ward – August 1st 2017
- Delectable: A Neighbor from Hell Novel by R.l. Mathewson – August 1st 2017
- Ride the Storm (Cassie Palmer) by Karen Chance – August 1st 2017
- Without Merit: A Novel by Colleen Hoover – August 1st 2017
- See What I Have Done by Sarah Schmidt – August 1st 2017
- Dragonsworn (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon – August 1st 2017
- Wicked Bite (Realm Enforcers) by Rebecca Zanetti – August 1st 2017
*throws more confetti in the air*
Mornin’ everyone!!! 😀
Morning Maryse and everyone!!! I see another Neighbor From Hell on August 1!!! Yeah!!! Beach vaca coming up for next week soooo trying to line up my reads. Aly Martinez duet for sure!!! Gotta run!!!!
I finished Beautiful Mistake and I loved it. 4.5 ****
Maryse, it is dual POV..not sure how you feel about that? But it’s mostly the h. 41 chapters total and like 11 of them are the H.
This was my cup of CR tea. It had “feels” but def not a marmy/ugly cry. I laughed, teared up, was “titillated” *snort* by the sexy times, swooned and didn’t skim or eyeroll once! It was perfect mix of funny, heartwarming & sexy for me. 🙂
Hey Maryse! Chance you could get update from Karina Halle? I think the book you have on preorders along with several others have been buried and not coming out. She has thrown in several others in last few months and no update on ones we all were expecting. Ty
Okay I shall investigate, Theresa. 😀
Good morning. Finished Beautiful Mistake too-did really like it but didn’t love all of it. Not sure what exactly I didn’t like, but sometimes it just dragged for me and then of course would have wanted more at the end. Now starting Fractured Love and then I’ll start the Aly Martinez duet. However, I do have to finish my coffee and go finish painting the kitchen cabinets. 🙁
Thank you for the feedback, Cheryl!
For anyone who likes urban fantasy. Melissa F Olson released today the second book in her Disrupted Magic series called Blood Gamble. This is one I’ve been waiting for. It’s an automatic one-click for me.
Ohhh thank you Julie! I’ll add it too. 😀
Darkess Sunrise. Started late so I could not be left with cliffy. Her writing is so great and sooo happy that I am not OCDing over typos and grammar mistakes and mispellings lol. But I think I see what’s coming. The dialogue is just so fresh and great in this book. Gotta love her writing and stories. Can’t wait fir next Guardian book either.
Good morning everyone!!! *gathers everyone in a HUGE group hug* (except bev, who gets a cautious pat on the shoulder)
I’ve missed you all! I’ve been busy with work and trying to complete a project in my time off, as well as binge watching Game of Thrones, but I am SO excited for how the accent wall in my bedroom is going to look:
Can I be sappy for a minute? Yes? No? Whatever, I’m going to anyway. 😛 Maybe it’s just PMS hormones but I started thinking about how even when I get busy and don’t check in here as often, I always know when I come back it will be like no time has passed because I can just jump right back in. Then I started thinking about how I might never meet most of you all in real life and my chest literally ached. THEN I started thinking about how some of you could just stop coming here and we wouldn’t hear from you again or know what happened to you, and I started getting teary. WTAF?? See how much you guys mean to me?? *sigh* Told you I was going to get sappy…
*snuggles Amy and Tessa and Leslie and EVERYONE!!!!*
Same for me. I come here and it’s always a mini happy book party, just waiting to explode on our crazy fun nights. And days… 😉
Oh, and then…THEN! I watched the GOT episode in season two where Daenerys goes to the House of the Undying and sees Drogo and the baby and OMG!!!!!! I started bawling. “Until the sun rises in the West and sets in the East…” GAHHHHHH!!!! Watch the part starting @3:14:
Even if you’re not a GOT fan, TELL ME that doesn’t tug your heart strings. 😥
Katherine Allred uploaded Sweet Gum Tree to Amazon, so it’s only a matter of time..looks like it’s live about everywhere else. THIS is my next read! I’m snatching that sucker up as soon as it goes live. 😛
Tasha! That’s one of my favorites!! 😀
Amy, I love that accent wall. You are doing same thing? I hear you with the hormonal emotions…try being in perimenopause. It’s like having pms for YEARS! Anyway, no worries about losing track of me….Maryse has my email AND should you ever come to Massachusetts, you can find me. So basically, you are stuck with me. 😉
I dont watch GoT, but that clip was intriguing. (Loved the baby dragons. Hee hee). You so need to watch Outlander. Its depressing, lots of people die, lots of sex and romance. Right up your alley.
I am starting Love, in Spanish. Woot. Woot. More Mateo for me.
Amy, I saw that when it first aired. No way am I watching that part again. It’s too sad.
Still on an October Daye binge. I’m on #9. I’ll be sad when it’s all over. So, it’s a good thing Difference doesn’t come out for a few days. I really want to finish the series.
Linda, if I’m at the beach, I can promise I’m not reading. I’m in the ocean just swimming. My mom used to do that, just read and watch the ocean, but I’m the type that goes and has to “get her feet wet” aka, go full body into the thing. 😀
Yea, Amy! I’m so excited. I feel like I’m like the ONLY one who hasn’t read it. It’s live now!! And it’s mine now. 😀 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0747XG3W8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1501012795&sr=8-3&keywords=sweet+gum+tree
So I’ve never watched Game of Thrones, we don’t have the channel to watch it. And I watched the clip, and I was lost. Lol I had no idea they spoke in a diff. language. Did Emilia Clarke always play the girl w/the white hair? My brother, on the other hand, is hugely obsessed with the show. He, uhm, actually legally changed his last name to Stark. Haha
Well, the covers a lot better. The other one, if it weren’t for all the recommendations, I’d have never read based on the cover. It looked like one of those overly sappy out in the country books that the main theme is go back to the country with romance that usually involved an evil city girl who’s trying to steal her man.
Lol Tessa! I can see that, actually. But, I think I liked the first cover better. It is pretty dated looking, but I imagine some characters from Grease or Outsiders with it. It makes me feel a little nostalgic.
Leslie…yep, I’m doing that baton accent wall but it’s remaining unpainted for now because I’m torn on what color to use. My bedding is taupe with brown and deep teal accents, and all of the walls are taupe right now so I’m not sure whether to paint the baton wall deep teal or brown. And I actually nabbed the six-book Outlander bundle when it was 1.99 for those few hours. 😉 Still have yet to watch the show though.
Tessa…right? RIGHT?!? I cried the first time I saw it but full-on BAWLED this time. Drogo holding that baby is the most heartbreaking scene. 🙁
Tasha and Leslie…this isn’t really a spoiler since it was in season one, but Daenerys’ baby was stillborn and she never saw him, and then Drogo died right after. THAT is what makes the scene so damn heartbreaking. And the dragons are freaking AMAZING!!! Even when they are being naughty. *giggle*
I like the new Sweet Gum Tree cover, but I turned off automatic updates so I can keep all of my covers from now on. I still get p!ssed every time I see my new Big Little Lies cover. 😡 Now, the Me Before You cover is okay because I love Sam Claflin and Emilia Clark. But I still want my original SGT cover because, like Tasha said, nostalgia. 😉
Go with the color Amy. 🙂
Not real but look at these floors.
Gah. Real floors but not teal. Grr.
Yes Amy, go for the teal!!!
Thanks for explaining Amy, that makes a lot more sense and it is terribly sad. Speaking of nostalgia, did any of you watch Stranger Things? And if so have you seen the trailer for season 2?! It looks so good! I can’t wait for October, my favorite month!
*Shouts* BULLY! He is a BIG OLE JERKFACE BULLY!!!! And…I love him!!! Beautiful Beast by Aubrey Irons
He is broken, entitled, maybe even a stalker but at the end of the day, he is just a mean ole bully. Love, LOVED Bastain! *whispers that the cover isn’t hard on the eyes either as I wave a ‘I ❤️ Stu’ sign*
DG! Catnip! *squees and runs off to look*
*joins in the huggle-fest* I love it too, as well as all our little idiosyncrasies.
Our idiosyncrasies are the best.
And yes I was lazy and just copy-pasted Tessa’s “idiosyncrasies”.
Ain’t nobody got time for re-spelling that. 😛 *snort*
lol I cheated and just typed and then waited until the red line told me how badly I messed up.
Amy OMG that wall is gorgeous! In exactly that color. Or.. un-color. 😉 Perfection!!!!
I’m curious what you’re going to go for. I’m a neutrally… beige/taupe/eggshell/grey type myself.
My color “scheme” comes in with the finishing touches (dishes, cushions, throws, blankets, lamps etc…)
Hold up… Someone said the magic word… BULLYYY! I’m in *giggle*
I loved what you did to your bedroom. It looks like such a retreat. Beautiful color. You did good girl!
Morning… Sorry. I’m passing out hugs late. (Amy, I missed you!) *stand still bev, while I hug you!* It’s really DG’s fault, we could have gotten all of this hugging stuff out of the way last night, but she said the magic catnip word and Tessa and I were off like Katniss in The Hunter Games… All… “I volunteer as tribute!” Anyway… I will definitely be adding your book to my TBR… The no-book buy restriction is almost over again, 😆
I’m still in a book hangover… Help!
Passing out hugs this morning and accepting all the blame for the catnip floating around! Just off of vaca and back to the grind…
Did ya’ll hear?
GENTRY BOYS (Books 1-4) by Cora Brent
Insanely good series. If you haven’t read it yet, here’s your chance!
Why is it so hot? Make it stop.
Maryse Iceland for your bday.
Next year let’s all go so we are all cool and Amy is not emotional.
If taking publis transport to movies maybe should of stopped at library after. Instead of sneaking in candy sneaking in books.
I’m all for Iceland (agree bev…it’s too hot for the Pacific NW) but my emotional state WILL BE resolved by Maryse’s birthday!
And bev, I loved the pictures of that lady’s place. The floor colors are beautiful!
As much as I love the teal color and the idea of a teal wall, I’m more in line with Maryse in that I prefer the bright colors to be accents with the main colors more neutral. I already have a bunch of deep teal decorations (throw, pillows, frames, bases, etc.) and I think the teal wall would be too much for me over time. So, brown wall it is. But thank you all for the encouragement!! 😀
Julie…I used that baton accent wall idea in my bedroom, but those aren’t my pictures unfortunately. However, they do give us some great ideas, right? 😉
Grey! Missed you too! And I’m gonna miss ya even more when bev tosses you to the masses like she threatened to do to Manny when I said I was going to sneak-attack hug her. *giggle*
Thank you Fabi! I only have the first one or two of that series. Click!
Amy, big hugs your way! I feel the same way and I’m menopausal which is emotional with hot flashes…all the time!!
For your accent wall you don’t have to match the deep teal color exactly. You can go with a lighter, softer version. You can take your fabric to the paint store and have it color matched and then have the paint store decrease it by 50-%, or more.
And I was picturing you in that room! Loved it. Gave me some ideas.
Want to see yours when it’s done.
I’m not too far into SGT yet, but I’m LOVING it!
Too hot to throw Grey.
*trips her instead*
I need to stop dreaming and just do it. In December see what the cheap tickets are for the summer and go for it, lol. Merry Christmas to me.
I think that Maryse should hold another Book Bash next summer… *whistles*
It’s a good thing I have cat-like reflexes… Not too hot here… feels like fall today actually. bev, I’m still mad at you about the whole no book buying thing this month, my bank account isn’t, so you’re forgiven.
Book bash was in Florida, right?
It is not cold in Florida.
I figured you would hop over, it was s very languid trip.
But I was just reminded on GR that some of the group are getting together. That will be interesting.
How hot did it get, Bev? We’re doing pretty good here. It was only 83 degrees.
In the 90s so not triple digits…but hot.
*cackles hysterically and points at Grey while she picks her tripped a$$ up from the floor*
That can suck. That’s why air conditioners are awesome. 😛 Or pools. I love pools. Without those, I’d expire in the summer. 😛
Wow bev. It’s like something out of one of those immersive computer games like Myst or something. What a magical place.
Mid to high 90’s with the heat index into the triple digits! Topped off with high humidity… yeah, I am melting too! I am with Bev…Iceland does sound nice and chilly.
The irony is it does get hot here; it just hasn’t yet this year. When August and September hits, that’s when it gets HOT. Today it’s supposed to hit 87.
Finished all the released October Daye books. *frowns* They were seriously good and I loved how real being in the fae world was. I want more.
It’s not hot at all in here in Texas *Doesn’t make eye contact with Ela. Crosses fingers behind back. Whistles*
Okay I’m back to reading Ruckus by LJ Shen. You all know that I get very picky about places I know, right? Some things I just roll my eyes and continue reading. Like, the phrase SoCal if you live in Southern California. Just NO! However, that’s not what got me realizing that this author has NEVER been here for longer than a trip.
-…and skinny-dipped in the ocean near a deserted beach with friends when weather permitted, which was always because…well, SoCal.-
*blinks* You found a deserted beach in the summer? Did you go in the ocean without a wetsuit in the fall, winter, or spring? Cause, yeah, hypothermia is a thing. The Pacific is freaking COLD. *sighs* All I can think is the times I went in the off season and either got so cold words can’t even convey, or we were at 8th grade camp and a bunch of the class got hypothermia because they used two wetsuits and well, that just traps the cold. *shakes head* RESEARCH PEOPLE!!!!
*gets off soap box*
If anyone pops back in here….
Do you all find it hard to define each other’s taste?
I mentioned on GR that Fabi and Leslie are hard for me.
Also who do you think might be your opposite?
I think R might be mine, lol.
Also, maybe Leslie. 😉
I’d say that’s accurate bev! I don’t even try to guess anymore. I’m always wrong.
I am glad I am not alone. Really.
Hmm. Just keep all your loves to yourself? I’m not going to rec you because I love and when you are rejected I feel rejected
I love all of the genres at different times. I am a definite mood reader. I mean, everyone knows I love the bullies and the dark themes.. *ahem* and the smut… *giggle* but I like sweet reads too, so, I don’t know who my opposite is.
Oh! It’s FLT!!
I hate that skirt. ~ She Dims the Stars by Amber L. Johnson.
lol Love that first line.
I have to say Leslie is a close second, but Melissa wins in opposite. Her and I almost always disagree on the level of love a book deserves.
I mean, I guess this is classified as talking to yourself, but I’d always been this way.
Ruckus by LJ Shen.
*resists the urge to correct the I’d to I’ve*
LOL, Tessa. I was going to say that I know Jean is my twin, but after that comment…
Yes, I often find it hard to determine everyone’s tastes but I still like to give recs and still want you guys to give me recs too! Don’t be shy.
*pouts because Tessa & Bev said I am their opposite*
Don’t feel bad Leslie. Most days I think I’m everyone’s opposite which is kinda scary when you’re writing a book… 😆
R, the good news is that your book is actually my taste, so….yippee!!!
LOL! But everything I recommend you don’t like! Except Emma Scott. You liked RUSH <3
Leslie, lol. You’ll be reading a book i liked or loved and I will think, Ooooh she will enjoy that.
An hour later….snores.
R, it is mostly we do not overlap, in that I am not sure we have read a lot of the same books.
Then like Rush you and Leslie loves If my and it was just meh for me.
I have said before and I love it. That Tessa and I will like the same genre or author but different books within.
R, What??? What didn’t I like that you rec’d? I LOVED Rush & Butterfly Project. You also rec’d It Ends With Us. I would have chickened out on that one if not for you.
I knew TJR wouldn’t really be my thing, but wanted to try…but you didnt rec that. I like trying the popular books and attempting to broaden my horizons.
Lol Leslie, you like more mature characters. I don’t mind them, but sometimes the mature characters tick me off more than the younger. If a 22 year old doesn’t give important info that’s ruining her relationship, I chalk it up to her needing to learn still. When a 32 year old does it, she’s just TSTL.
Then again, I don’t think you read many TSTL books. lol
Before We Were Strangers, The Sweet Gum Tree, Jezebel..I didn’t rec all of those but that’s what made me think I cant guess for you. Especially BWWS because I was sure you’d like that one!
Bev, that’s very true. There are quite a few times we’ll totally agree, and others where one book is awesome for one person and not the other.
And I’ve loved all of the titles you guys have mentioned lol, so I’ll just sit here munching my popcorn….
Bev, what makes it hard for me to understand you is because you don’t have all your books on GR and what you do have isnt all rated. I love stalking my friends shelves and I can’t really do that with you. 🙁
Now you are taking in all of our likes and crafting the perfect book, right R?
They can be neither too young or too old…well the hero can be older. (For Michelle) She must have a haunted vagina(for Ela), but over coming this makes her strong (for Fabi). He must be a jerk and pull her pigtails. (For Tessa and Grey) so she cheats on him. (For Amy) When he finds out he punches the other man out. With one punch. (For Maryse) He breaks up with her and goes into a downward spiral. He must be nursed back to health. (For Jean)
They reunite and drive off into the night blasting Hamilton. (For Cheryl and I (Lafayette!)).
When BOOM BANG CRASH!!!
They die in a fiery collision, but with smiles on there faces. (For the club of death)
Ha! Fake out. The ghost in her vagina saved them, thus being able to move on. They live happily ever after.(for Leslie)
bev I like your style. That punch was totally hot! 🙂 LOL!!
Tessa, I actually do like a lot of books with TSTL characters. Well, I don’t think they are TSTL, but lot’s of people do. Prime example, Kiera from Thoughtless.
I def have developed a low tolerance for YA/NA books lately. 🙁
R, you are right. You rec’d Before We Were Strangers and I didn’t love it. Me not liking Jezebel was my fault…I went in blind and expected romance. I am only person on planet who didnt love Sweet Gum Tree.
Oh well, I will just keep you all on your toes!
ROFL from Bev’s story.
I still think Bev is Max Monroe.
hey can be neither too young or too old…well the hero can be older –> (Oh good. Whew!)
She must have a haunted vagina (OOPS)
But over coming this makes her strong. (I think she’s strong)
He must be a jerk and pull her pigtails. (He can be a jerk)
So she cheats on him. (Um…)
When he finds out he punches the other man out. With one punch. (There is a punch thrown…)
He breaks up with her and goes into a downward spiral. He must be nursed back to health. (Jean is my target reader <3)
They reunite and drive off into the night blasting Hamilton. (The Doors, but close)
When BOOM BANG CRASH!!!
They die in a fiery collision, but with smiles on there faces. (Sorry, my lips are sealed) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bwahahah! bev wins the internet today! *cheers*
Only because Jean is my favorite do am I not jealous that she is your target audience. Mmmhmm.
Leslie I suck at reviewing books. Completely and utterly.
I’m all about the broken man… And watch, Jean will probably hate it!
She will love it.
I am halfway through the first ep of Boys Over Flowers.
Totally OTT. And the hair and clothes……on the guys, lol. Definitely jerkfaces.
lol I haven’t even heard of that show. What network?
It is a K drama. You can find it online if you Google it. You put the magna on GR.
Oh cool. I have no issues with anime. I prefer them over reading the manga. I read too fast for them and it gets frustrating, so anytime I can just watch them, I prefer.it.
#3 you guys.
# freaking 3
Click on it.
R, do you have hugs like this in your Book?
Awww the chicken made me think of On the Island! No, but I think Frankie needs a pet cow now. <–rhymed 😀
You’re a poet and didn’t know it.
I want to hug a lioness too! The only way to make that better would be tiger hugs.