<—- FIRST: ANOTHER BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! This (Against the Ropes) is one of my FAVORITE MMA FIGHTER books and it’s on sale today!!!! It’s usually kinda up there in price, but either way, it’s a must read, and at this price? A MUST-CLICK!!! Here’s my review (you’ll see, I LOVED it!!)
SECOND: —-> Bastian’s Storm: Surviving Raine Book 2 is LIVE!!! *squeeeee* (y’all know I’m a HUGE fan of this author, and LOVED Surviving Raine (<— my review), and I couldn’t wait for Bastian #2. YAY ME!!! YAY US!!! 😀
Plus, lots of book-goodness below to choose from including two recs that came my way with the suggestions of a KA feel, and maybe another with a Travis feel? I’m so in the mood for KA-feels, so I actually backtracked on my TBR list last night to start Under Locke. And I’m TOTALLY feeling it. YES YES YES I can see how this is gonna give me that “bad-boy, unrequited love” feel. He’s so broody and no-nonsense and well… I’ll say it. A total alpha-jerk!! And I love the writing style already. I hope she draws out the chase nice and long. *rubs hands together with anticipatory glee*
Okay so what else has me squirreling? Sooooooo MANY brooding bad boys (and maybe even closer to “bad-guys”) below, both in the recs, AND in the new releases. So many that I’m a bit overwhelmed in which to choose first.
Actually, the bargains/reader recommendations really have me this week. Beautiful Losers (sounds like pure heartbreaking angst and sounds very unique – she’s in love with her gay best friend), Move the Sun (this is the other series that was suggested as KA-feeling, and I’m all for giving it a go!), Sweet Destruction (of course, ’cause someone said that the angst is CRAZY, and he’s her new BBF (over Travis, even). How can that be!!!?? I must find out. THERAPY (’cause my bff Sherry lost her mind while reading it – I have the texts to prove it, which made me *snort* at her pain). And then Brawler (’cause the brooding detective sounds so hot!)
Okay and in the newbies: Wingman (he’s unattainable, only wants one woman who’s as unattainable as he is, and the heroine is there to help him make the other jealous). Sounds like potential romance-agony! Scoring Wilder (teacher-student-ish and sounds HOT!)… Oh! And Better When He’s Bad (he just got out of prison, and he’s angry!!)… sigh. I could go on and on. Today’s list is exceptionally *squirrel-makey”. 😛
Okay look below… plenty more have notes next to ’em, ’cause there are some sweets and some sports-stars, famous guys, and military heroes too. *LOVE!!!*
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- BEWARE by Shanora Williams <— “I should want Ace as far away from me as possible—I should consider him a monster and a threat—but when my life is at stake I know I no longer have a choice of the matter. He’s the only one that can protect me.“
- Against the Ropes (Redemption) by Sarah Castille <— FIGHTER ALERT!! I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!! (my review)
- Learning to Swim: A Novel by Sara J. Henry <— this one seems moving. She saves a young boy (and tried to uncover the mystery of why he was abandoned).
- Beautiful Losers (Modern Erotic Classics) by Remittance Girl <— okay so not really bargain priced, but one of our fellow readers just recommended it (and this book was released 2 years ago!!). Janette says: “Add this one to books that made you cry: Beautiful Losers by Remittance Girl. Beautiful, gut-wrenching anguish. Let me know what you think if you read it.” Oh WOW I can see how angsty and tumultuous this one is bound to be: “Shira is deeply, achingly in love with her best friend, Jean. This is unfortunate, because he’s gay. But with one flippant invitation, Shira, Jean, and his boyfriend, Sebastian, begin their obsessive journey into the dark heart of sexual excess. When even their own edgy subculture refuses to accept them, Sebastian builds a new world with new rules to shelter the threesome. But the baggage they’ve brought with them can’t simply be left at the door and, when the real world breaches the carefully constructed walls, it does so with tragic consequences.“
- The Good Girl by Lily White and Dawn Robertson <— Grey loved it! “I just read Lily White’s The Good Girl, and it was very dark… loved it. … Whoa. Just whoa. Very dark. One I couldn’t put down either. I was taking it to the bathroom with me, reading while I was cooking Father’s Day lunch, etc… you get the idea! A little disappointed at the end, because I felt like it wrapped too quickly, if that makes sense. The book had a nice even keel pace, and then I kind of felt cheated that it wrapped up so abruptly. Of course, that could just be me…sad that it was over! Anyway, great book.”
- Move the Sun (Signal Bend Series Book 1) by Susan Fanetti <— BIKER SERIES ALERT and Sasha loves these (and says similar vibe to KA!!!!) She just gave me a jolt! She says: “Thanks to whoever recommended Susan Fanetti’s series. Isaac is my first ever biker book boyfriend!! Am already starting book 3. The books have a Kristen Ashley vibe but with better writing and darker plotlines (sorry KA, love you anyway).“
- Here for the Cake by Emily Poule <— Margie suggested this one for our “unrequited love” list!! “I can suggest one more that’s a fun read and has great characters with snappy dialog. It’s Here For the Cake by Emily Poule. A great first author book. Smart heroine is encouraged to attend destination wedding of her ex to break up the wedding. One of those books to keep and re-read.“
- Angel After Dark (After Dark Series, Book 1) by Kahlen Aymes <— Karen recommends it! “Have you read the After Dark series by Kahlen Aymes? Wonderful storyline, suspenseful and great characters. Alex and Angel are smoking hot together. I loved both books so far and cannot wait for the next.” – from the blurb… “Alexander Avery is a gorgeous and successful corporate genius who doesn’t believe in love. When his girlfriend-of-convenience calls into Angel’s program, he is furious with the show’s host who doles out (what he considers) blind advice, without knowing all the facts… and he decides to give her a piece of his mind, and his side of the story!”
- Sweet Destruction by Paige Weaver <— Meredith said angst & Travis in the same breath when referring to this one! JOLT!!! She says: “I am right at the end of Sweet Destruction. Maryse!!!! You must read. There is angst, angst, and more angst and it is SO good. I know in my heart of hearts you will 5 star it. Cole is my new favorite guy and I lOVE Travis ALOT.“
- THERAPY by Kathryn Perez <— I’m featuring this one soon in my Countdown to Book Bash Featured Authors posts, and you should see how crazy my friend Sherry went for it. Spazzing out. BIG TIME. And Nancy says it’s a must read. I believe ’em. 🙂
- Broken and Screwed (The BS Series Book 1) by Tijan <— Stephanie found us this deal! Aimee says: “Loved this series!! AND ALL the OTHER ONES TOO!!!” and Maria agrees: “Me too!! one of my favorites! ! I feel a re read coming on”
- Broken and Screwed 2 (The BS Series) by Tijan <— here’s book #2!
- Brawler (Detroit After Dark Book 2) by K.S. Adkins <— Stephanie says: “I read the first book, and it was really good!” What’s this one about? From the blurb, she’s a pharmaceutical scientist, bad people are too interested in what she “creates” and so she’s got a detective that helps protect her… “I’m still learning when it comes to him. He’s sweet when his mouth is closed, but there’s no way to prepare for when it opens. In time, his actions speak louder than his words, and though I vowed to never put my trust in another cop, he makes me want to take chances.“
- Lingus by Mariana Zapata <— PORN STAR ALERT!! Here’s another book from the author I’m currently reading, and Jennifer recommends it: “Maryse I just finished lingus by Mariana Zapada…great book you should try it…it has that slow burn feel with some great characters…the premise? Nice girl meets hot porn star at a porn convention!” Kandace says: “I liked this ine too. I laughed a lot.”
- Blood Rites: Cora’s Choice #4 by V.M. Black
- The Wizard King (Heart’s Desire) by Dana Marie Bell
- Sacred Places: An Immortal Highlander Novella (Druid Series Book 1) by Mandy M. Roth <– he looks GORGEOUS! 😉
- Temptation in Shadows by Gena Showalter
- Hell on Earth (Hellscape) by Ally Blue
- Hell’s Kitty (Welcome To Hell Book 4) by Eve Langlais
- Top Secret Twenty-One: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich
- Bastian’s Storm: Surviving Raine Book 2 by Shay Savage
- Ready to Wed (The Ready Series) by J.L. Berg
- Actually Love – Jessie & Zach (The Crossroads Series Book 7) by Melanie Shawn <— FIGHTER ALERT! And they have to become roommates. Sounds like fun to me!! 😀
- Mason (FALLEN CREST SERIES Book 0) by Tijan <— K reminds us this one’s a prequel. 🙂 Here is the Fallen Crest Series Reading Order
- The Arrangement 15 (The Ferro Family) by H.M. Ward (here is the The Arrangement Series Reading Order)
- Wingman (Woman) by Bella Jewel <— Okay interesting blurb! He’s an A$$!! Totally unobtainable. The woman he loves is one, too. But that woman… “Broke his heart—the heart she still holds. So that’s where I come in. I’d like to call myself a superhero, but that would be unclassy. I’m far better. I’m the ultimate. I’m the reason his bed is kept warm and his ex is kept jealous. I’m Reign’s wingman.” <— Ooooooooh!!!! 😉
- Better When He’s Bad (Welcome to the Point) by Jay Crownover <— “A criminal, a thug, and a brawler, he was the master of bad choices, until one such choice landed him in prison for five years. Now Bax is out and looking for answers, and he doesn’t care what he has to do or who he has to hurt to get them. But there’s a new player in the game, and she’s much too innocent, much too soft . . . and standing directly in his way.” <— Is it me? It’s me, isn’t it? LOL!!! Nooooooooo??? 😉
- Neanderthal Marries Human: A Smarter Romance (Knitting in the City #1.5) by Penny Reid <— I hear one of the best, funniest series ever and I MUST READ!! Yet another that has me wanting to lock myself in my room for a week and marathon read this series. The recommendations alone have me so excited. Let alone the blurbs. 😉
- Scoring Wilder by R.S. Grey <—- Oh oh! Sorta teacher-studentish. He’s her coach. “He’s a professional soccer player, America’s favorite bad-boy, and has all the qualities of a skilled panty-dropper.” and… “Kinsley tries to play the game her way as they navigate through forbidden territory, but Liam is determined to teach her a whole new definition for the term “team bonding.” Me. Curious? Yep. Me titillated <— HECK YAH!!
- Final Call (Call, #2) by Emma Hart
- Fearless Love (Crimson Romance) by Kate Kadence
- The Chase, Volume 2 by Jessica Wood
- Cowboy Dreams (Down Under Cowboy Book 3) by Kasey Millstead <— Book #3 in the series but each one can be read as a standalone. “We had a one-night stand…and then another one when I visited again. Then, I found out I was pregnant. So now, moving to the Northern Territory wasn’t just about me escaping the awkwardness at work, or tagging along with my best friend. It was about developing a relationship with a man I hardly knew, who I was about to have a baby with.“
- Twist of Fate (The Renegade Saints Book 2) by Ella Fox <— ROCK STAR BOOK!! I won’t read the synopsis ’cause I think it’s sort of a continuation of #1 and I’m ascared of spoilers. 😉
- The Art of Breathing (Bear, Otter, and the Kid Chronicles) by TJ Klune <— M/M romance!! Highly anticipated book #3 in my beloved “Bear Otter and the Kid” series.
- Hardline (The Hacker Series Book 3) by Meredith Wild
- Bonds of Courage: Book Six of Wicked Play by Lynda Aicher
- Cowboy Take Me Away (Rough Riders) by Lorelei James <— I hear this series is S-T-E-A-M-Y and sooooooo good. “The good-looking cowboy with the heart-stopping smile didn’t really want to marry her; he just wanted to take her for a test ride. But when he kisses her a second time, she doesn’t fight her burning attraction to him…until she learns he’s one of the McKay cowboys she’s been warned about.“
- All Fall Down: A Novel by Jennifer Weiner <— Okay this one sounds different! Married with the “perfect life” but she’s falling apart… “The pills help her manage the realities of her good-looking life: that her husband is distant, that her daughter is acting out, that her father’s Alzheimer’s is worsening and her mother is barely managing to cope. She tells herself that they let her make it through her days…but what if her increasing drug use, a habit that’s becoming expensive and hard to hide, is turning into her biggest problem of all?”
- Breathe Again: A Love Story by Joelle Duff <— She falls in love with a movie star!
- When You Are Mine (The Bennetts) by Kennedy Ryan <— Ruh roh. She’s having sparks with her fiancé’s best friend.
- White Collared Part Three: Revenge by Shelly Bell
- Vanished by Kendra Elliot <– “As Ava and Mason struggle to hold the family together in their darkest hour, the two investigators find themselves drawn to each other.”
- Star Struck (Lights, Camera) by Laurelin Paige <— famous actress & a carpenter… “Heather falls back on “diva” mode, a defense mechanism that always carries her through. Until she encounters something that really gets on her nerves—a lowly carpenter whose Norse god eyes pierce right through her.”
- One Night with a Quarterback (Santa Fe Bobcats) by Jeanette Murray
- It Girl Episode 4: Chapters 20-25 of 36: HarperImpulse Rom Com (Harperimpulse Romcom) by Nic Tatano
- The Job Proposal by Wendy Chen <— Fake engagement arrangement… “But when Adam, Kate’s best friend from high school, arrives for a visit, her perfect arrangement suddenly isn’t so perfect anymore.”
- Keep the Window Open for Me by Elizabeth Ventsias <— In love w/ her best friend…
- Naughty Bits Part III: Bound to Please by Joey W. Hill
- Perfect Kind of Trouble (Finding Fate) by Chelsea Fine
- (Once) Again by Theresa Paolo <— “After surviving a real-life nightmare, Josh Wagner is sent home from his dream college on crutches. Bedridden and tormented by flashbacks, he’s just seen his world shattered and his baseball scholarship go up in smoke. Josh’s family hires a health aide to help take care of him, but when he opens the door, the last person he expects to see is his biggest regret…“
- Pickle Juice, Diamonds, and Football by Feather Linn <— SPORTS STAR ALERT! She’s falling for a football star!!!
- His to Claim #4: Wild Ones by Opal Carew
- His Unlikely Lover (The Unwanted Series) by Natasha Anders <— best friends… unrequited love and then: “After a tipsy Bobbi kisses Gabe at a party, Gabe is surprised to find “Runt” becoming the object of his fantasies, and Bobbi is shocked to find her advances suddenly reciprocated. When Gabe suggests adding “benefits” to their friendship—while keeping their new arrangement secret from their families, of course—should Bobbi feel flattered, or insulted by his insistence on casual sex?”
- Hold Me Close: Invitation To Eden (Purgatory Club Book 6) by Eliza Gayle
- The Housewife Assassin’s Deadly Dossier: Prequel – The Housewife Assassin Series by Josie Brown
- I Watch You: A Novel (Italian Pleasures, 1) by Irene Cao
- The Billionaire Submissive (Billionaires in Bondage) by Joely Sue Burkhart
- Hold on Tight: A Loveswept Contemporary Romance by Serena Bell <— War hero comes home to his ex-fling… and their child.
- Breaking Free (Invitation to Eden) by Cathryn Fox <— oh sounds fun! Short though… She’s from a mafia family, has an undercover bodyguard and she fantasizes about him. But “…when danger appears in the form of a masked man who takes control of all her pleasures, tapping into her darkest fantasies, she begins to wonder if her undercover lover, and the mysterious bodyguard who’s deep undercover, are one in the same…“
- Intoxicated: A Billionaire Bachelors Club Novella (The Billionaire Bachelors Club Series) by Monica Murphy
- Destructive (Deadly Love Trilogy Book 1) by Jessica Prince <— “I see the red flags and warning signs, but I just can’t help myself. I’m his obsession. I thought he was my salvation. But now I know his love could destroy me.”
Nuh uh Isaac is MINE! Lol!!! Susan Fanetti’s Signal Bend series is awesome! LOVED Behold The Stars – it’s my favorite of the series. 🙂
Lots of 1-clicking for me today but I’ve gotta save some time for Bastian & Evan Arden this week. CANNOT WAIT!!!
Neanderthal Marries Human came out early– Penny Reid
Oh I love books that make us fight over the guys!!! YAY that is promising, indeed!!! 😀
OMG I’m DYING for more Bastian… the anticipation is killing me. AND AND!! He’s coming to Book Bash. *thud*
Thank you K!! Lemme add it in right now. 😀
Also – Mason by Tijan (it’s a prequel)
I’m addin’ it too. *hug* to K for the help!! 😀
The Signal Bend series by Susan Fanetti is one of my favorite series of all time and should not be missed. It seems like all the writers that are part of the Freak Circle Press (Lina Andersson, Elayne DiSano, Torrie McLean, Susan Fanetti) are releasing AMAZING stories and all are among my favorite BIKER/MC reads (along with Under Locke! ). All are MUST READS for me and I totally recommend!
Hold on tight by Serena bell is out today too! Serious angst level and the writing is good!
Dangit. I was doing so well with sticking to my TBR list, and then I saw all of the above books. My last couple have been sweet and low angst, so I am ready for an angst smack-down! Sweet Destruction and Therapy just bulldozed to the top of my list – and I didn’t know about Mason’s prequel! Thanks, K!
Maryse, my Zoya Tickled and Bubbly collection just arrived yesterday. They. Are. Gorgeous!!! And so perfect for summer. Most of the cremes have a glittery “twin” to make them more fun. *squealing like a tween*
Oooooooh pretty!!!!! Colors Rooney and Wendy are killing me with absolute LOVE. Harper. Kitridge. Rocha. Yah… I need!!!!!
It’s funny. I’m so “neutral” on my face, and “pink or pinkish” on my nails. And neutral there too. BUT BUT!!
I’m playing with stuff this summer WAY more than I ever have and loving it. Colors on my face!! Who knew?!!
Love seeing Tijan’s name on the list (3x today). I am big fan of her work.
I am excited to read Sweet Destruction. Anytime someone says its Travis-like, I go for it.
oh…and Under Locke was so good.
I just started Signal Bend and am about 1/4 through book 4. Remember Lilli has mad skills….so uh you guys go right ahead and fight over Isaac 🙂 I’ll take Show or maybe Havoc or Len…..Oh hell all 3 will be good too. 😀
I liked Broken and Screwed a lot. Im not sure if the next one was released or not…anyone know? The book reminded me a lot of Beautiful Disaster except Jesse wasnt nearly as awesome as Travis.
Rebeckah, I’ll have to agree, I loved Show too but yes, I’m fighting for Isaac. He’s mine mine mine lol!
Victoria – l have read & love all the books from the Freaknet circle. I love that they all have big burly biker heros! 🙂 A Family Man & For Your Sake was soooo good. And I loved Perfect Collision – Bear & Violet cracked me up!!!
Sidewinder book #2, “Cross & Crown” by Abigail Roux is out! It came out June 7th, actually. This is a spin off series from the “Cut & Run” series. M/M
Summer is *perfect* for playing with bright makeup/polish colors before we get into the Fall jewel tones. Oooooh, someone’s gonna look festive for Book Bash! 😉 I have Rooney on my fingers and Binx on my toes – soooo pretty!
*giggle* All the excitement in the comments over those books – and the BBFs – is as fun as the list above! 😀
WOW! 1-clicked Bella Jewel’s Wingman & read all afternoon till I finished. Soooooo good!! If you’ve read her Sinners MC books (major spank bank material) you’ll appreciate a few cameos in Wingman (Jackson, Cade, Spike, Addison….). Reign is my new BBF.
Bastian’s Storm is LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!
From urbandictionary.com – A lingus is a pen*s that is very long and very skinny.
LOL!!!!! And here I thought today’s list wasn’t going to have anything to sate my dirty mind!!! 😛
LOL!!!! I saw “pens” earlier and I was all… oh it’s a pen.
Oh, the disappointment!! *snicker* Was this what you saw?
Yeah… that was… this… it’s both! Quite the combo for my mind. 😉 And yours!
HAD TO DO IT UH HUH YES I DID! Stopped Signal Bend to start Bastian!! OMG 50 % in and things are getting intense between Bastian and Evan. It’s gettin me all anxious n stuff.
S’all I’m sayin no spoilers 🙂 ya gotta read it for yourself!!!
*hee hee* 😛
Just finished Better When He’s Bad (Welcome to the Point) by Jay Crownover and it was really good. I loved Bax……..but looking forward to some Bastian now!
Jeanie- have you read For Her Honor yet? I wasn’t sure about Taz’s story but it was another SCORE! If you haven’t read it, I totally recommend. I don’t think the author is writing more in that series which is such a shame, I’m a big fan. For Signal Bend, I can’t get Havoc off my mind! Loved him as much as Isaac!
Finished Bastian last night! Loved it. There were a few points that I was like these don’t seem like my brooding bad boys, but I got it…you will too 🙂
Finished Mason and darn if I’m not rereading the Fallen Crest series again. Prepping myself for Fallen Fourth Down, I guess.
(Yeah, I love the series that much.)
Wingman was great. I loved Tia so feisty, unfiltered and hilarious.
Tessa, I’m a little apprehensive about reading the fourth FC book after what was hinted at the end of book 3. *cringe* Maybe I’ll just pretend book 3 is the last one and leave it at that. ‘Cause I’m a dork like that. 😉
Amy, I’ll read it as soon as it comes out to help reassure. 😉 I can’t promise anything since I’m not Tijan, but… I want to be able to reassure? Lol
Loved Sweet Destruction, kind of dark but not too! Also am reading Better When He’s Bad right now and loving it. Bax is hot! Only half way but think it’s a good one.
Maryse should I read all the Evan books before starting on the new
Much appreciated, Tessa. 😉 *raises martini*
Wow if you haven’t already Maryse you need to push Beware by Shanora Williams to the top of your TBR! You won’t be disappointed. Holy hotness batman, Ace tops the list of my book boyfriends – ok maybe equal with Travis, sorry Travis! I didn’t mean it haha. I need a moment to pick the pieces up after my heart has broken on the floor. Maybe a week, I won’t be forgetting this book for a long time, even as I write this I am still pondering on how it can’t have played out the way it did but I can’t do a thing to change it and my heart breaks all over again! Love it! Keep up the great work as usual xx
GAH SARAH!!! You said the magic word. Or name… *eeeep!!!* Those are some big shoes to fill. 😛 Tee hee!!!
N we all know what big shoes mean “waggles eye brows lickin lips”
66% into Scoring Wilder and LOVING IT 😛