HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY!!! OMG THIS LIST!!! And with the feedback we’re already getting, I AM THRILLED. So many of today’s new releases are awesome-sounding, and I want to read them all at the same time. BUT!! I’m super-excited for that one up there to the left. There’s no way I’ll squirrel from this buddy-read. Nope. Why? ‘Cause it sounds like my ultimate angsty read, and Jean and Grace have just started and are already losing their minds over it. YAY US!!!! Also don’t forget to check out yesterday’s early birds ’cause they were DARN good-looking, too!
Haha!!! Grace has me SO excited you guys, for this one. This is tonight’s (today’s) buddy-read, and Grace has been in a book-funk, and she’s been wanted a good jolt out of it. So she jumped into THIS one early and she is flipping out!!
Grace: Normally if Amy and Maryse (Master) are all excited about a book with “break” and “heart” right there in the title, I would steer WELL clear of that pain mongering hurt fest… So against my normally much better judgement, I’m going to do the BR and see if a book that “hurts” in a way that makes the cut and bleeding heart lovers get all “happy” will break through to me. LOL! I will probably love it. Book hangovers are stupid!!!
Maryse: YAY GRACE!!!!
Grace: Grrrrrrr!!! Seriously! 8% in and I’m doing everything I can not to throw my iPad against the wall! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate everyone and everything right now. On the other hand, I am fully out of my book funk.
Jean: Grace, you are reading Unbreak My Heart?? I’m only up to 11%, but was cursing Amy and Maryse this morning while I was a sobbing mess at only 5% of the book! (Really loving it so far though so what does that say? ) Thankfully, I hadn’t taken a shower or applied my makeup yet! Now, stupid work is getting in the way and I just want to get back to it!
Maryse: YAY!!!!!!!!! Your reactions are making me so excited. You guys are killing me. I LOVE IT!
Grace: Yes, it’s Unbreak My Heart! Yes, I am loving it. God! I need my head examined! Jean – Enjoy the peace of working for the rest of the day and get a box of tissues on the way home. Oh and something squishy that you can angry squeeze without killing it. Also maybe warn whoever might live with you. My hubby is treading lightly, but still kind of laughing at me. Maryse and Amy are temporarily dead to me.
Maryse: *snort* 😛
And! That’s not the only awesomeness on this list that’s making me excited.
Here’s my mini-blurb-jolt list 😀 : One True Loves: A Novel (Okay I already read this one but I need to highlight it ’cause the premise is OMG! She’s engaged after years of grieving her dead husband… but then he comes back. He’s been rescued!), Idol (I’m finishing this one today… he’s a famous rock star that she finds passed-out drunk on her lawn and she helps take care of him that night, but she has no idea who he is…), Unbreak My Heart (our next buddy read!! She’s in love with her best friend’s husband!!), White-Hot Hack: Kate and Ian #2 (so many LOVED book #1, and this author is awesome, but I haven’t read the blurb yet, ’cause I want to catch up with the first one), 738 Days (she’s suffering PTSD from having been kidnapped, and he’s a washed-up star who’s poster was up in her captivity room…), AND Third Base (baseball star that notices a girl in the stands and falls for her). PLUS! I hightlighted a bunch more that sound awesome (like a new sexy-sounding one from K.A. Linde and another by T.M Frazier (dark read?) that sounds awesome!!!)
P.S. ➔ Follow me (and Pimmie – my sweet puppy) on Instagram? That would be SO cool!!! 😀
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere). P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything!)
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- End of Watch: A Novel by Stephen King
- Big Vamp on Campus by Molly Harper
- Three, Two, One (321): A Dark Suspense by J.A. Huss
- Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley
- Wicked Burn by Rebecca Zanetti
- Porn Star by Laurelin Paige
- Rock Solid by Riley Hart
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Kick, Push (The Road Book 2) by Jay McLean <— Jean found us this super-bargain ’cause the sequel was just released (below in the contemporary section). Also here it is on Amazon UK:
Jean: Kick Push is exactly what you need right now! It kinda had that SoT feel, or maybe Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan. Is so good!”
Kellie: This book is amazing. If you are looking for a unique love story that will basically have you feeling every emotion you have at it’s highest level…this is your book. Single teen dad. But not a teen romance. I can’t even put into words how special this book is. Kick Push. Josh Warden. It is my top read of the year for sure! Hands down!
- The Consequence of Seduction (Consequences) by Rachel Van Dyken <— RACHEL VAN DYKEN ALERT! This one is super-bargain priced!
- Beneath the Surface by Heidi Perks <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT! Super-bargain priced! As a teen, she comes home one day to find her entire family missing… years later: “Abi and Adam are a happy couple on the verge of parenthood. But when the past comes back to haunt Abi, the only way forward is to go back and uncover the truth – and reveal the dreadful secrets a mother has been hiding all these years.”
- Worth The Wait: A Nature Of Desire Series Novel by Joey W. Hill <— Kimberly 5-star LOVED it! (and here it is on Amazon UK)
“I just finished Worth the Wait by Joey Hill. Hot, sad, DOM filled. I think this is a series but I read it as a stand alone, no problem. You have to pick this one up. He is a Rigger and she is a director of the local theater. She moved from New York to North Carolina to escape her past.
They meet over sandwiches and carrot sticks when she is interviewing and deciding on the talent.You’ll find out why the carrot sticks and go on a great ride. Julie is using her show to introduce the average person to BDSM through a cirque du soleil type production in order to change peoples perception of what it is.
She is 40 and has never had true love and does not trust relationships and Des has some issues of his own. I hope you you pick it up. I give it 4.5 or maybe even 5…..”
- Slammed: A Novel by Colleen Hoover <— FORBIDDEN LOVE/COLLEEN HOOVER/THIS BOOK IS ONE OF THE LOVES OF MY LIFE ALERT!!! Please. Seriously. If you’ve not read this yet, PLEASE!!!!!!! DO IT. I’ve read so many comments where readers say they LOVE Colleen’s books but have yet to read her VERY FIRST ONE… and to me? They are ALL awesome, but this one takes my cake! LOL!!!!! READ IT! P.S. It’s super-bargain priced right now. So… you know. 😉 P.P.S. Here is my 5-star review. P.P.P.S. Here it is on Amazon UK, too! And Gretchen agrees! “This is one of the best books I’ve ever read… I wish I didn’t own it so I could buy it again“
- Afterburn & Aftershock by Sylvia Day <— SYLVIA DAY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!!
- Three, Two, One (321): (A Dark Suspense) by J.A. Huss <— DARK ROMANCE READ? SUPER-BARGAIN!! She’s finally free after over a year in captivity, but then THEY find her… “Self-made millionaires JD and Ark are not out to save anyone when they stumble upon a wet and shivering girl one early Sunday morning. But when you sell sex for a living and salvation rings your bell… you answer the call.” *gasp*!!! (also on Amazon UK)
Joy: I just finished 321…. I LOVED IT!!! I didn’t want to put it down, so if you’re wavering on whether to one-click it… JUST DO IT!!! It’s not going to appeal to everyone, so be warned
Fabi: I read 321 at the beginning of the month and it was a 4.5 star read for me. I may be a little stingy with my stars, idk. But it was good.
- Built: A Saints of Denver Novel by Jay Crownover <— BARGAIN PRICED!
- Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices Book 1) by Cassandra Clare <— BARGAIN PRICED!
- Dream Magic (The MAGIC series Book 2) by Michelle Mankin (also on Amazon UK)
- To Love a Wolf (SWAT) by Paige Tyler (also on Amazon UK)
- Rootbound by Shannon Mayer – (also on Amazon UK)
- Savage Sanctuary: A Dire Wolves Mission (The Devil’s Dires Book 2) by Ellis Leigh
- Bear Naked Truth (Southern Shifters Book 7) by Eliza Gayle
- The Wolf (The Tribe 2) by Sarah Cass
- Beast Untamed (Beasts of Bodmin Moor) by Faye Avalon
- Dating an Alien Pop Star (The Alien Pop Star Series Book 1) by Kendra L. Saunders
- Chasing Power (The Realm’s Salvation Book 3) by Constance Phillips
- Amber Fire by Lisa Renee Jones <— THIS is a 10 year old re-release (also on Amazon UK)
- Omega Rising (Wolf King Book 1) by Anna Kyle
- Soul Collector Prophecy (Dysfunction at its Finest Book 2) by J.M. Dabney
- Demons In The Night by C.J. Hartnett
- Evening Shades (Soul Ties Book 2) by Heather Sutherlin
- Dark Lily (Shadows) by Jenna Ryan
- Assassin Queen by Anna Kashina
- End of Watch: A Novel (The Bill Hodges Trilogy) by Stephen King <— STEPHEN KING ALERT!! (also on Amazon UK)
- Mordacious (The City Series Book 1) by Sarah Lyons Fleming <— UPDATE!!!! LOOK WHAT JORI FOUND US – From the universe of the Until the End of the World series (I can hear Amy *squeeeeeing* now!!)
Jori: I’m at work so I didn’t get the chance to look through your posts, but Sarah Lyons Flemming just posted that the first book in her new series is live. (Until The End Of The World Series-Author). I know I come here to find all my new books, so…..
- One True Loves: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— SHE’S ENGAGED AFTER YEARS OF GRIEVING HER DEAD HUSBAND (the love of her life!!)… AND HE COMES BACK ALERT!!! Oh yessss this is exactly as it sounds!!! She thought he died in a plane crash, but he was stranded and alone for years and when he’s rescued, he comes back home to her… but she’s with someone else. (here’s MY REVIEW – and check out my “reaction video” over there on the right)!! Also… here is the book also on Amazon UK
- Painkiller by Jenika Snow <— HE’S A REBEL & SHE’S A BOOKWORM… “Rosie’s known him nearly her entire life, and they are the total opposite. She’s a bookworm, studies hard, and wants to get into a good college. Rebel could care less about any of that. But he’s always been there for her…”
- Shut Out: A Bayard Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!!
- Interference: A Pilots Hockey Novel by Sophia Henry <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!!
- Third Base (The Boys of Summer) by Heidi McLaughlin <— BASEBALL STAR ALERT & SHE’S KEEPING A SECRET!! Oh what a fantasy!!! He’s the hottest thing there is, and yet he sees HER in the stands, and falls for her hard. “That girl is Daisy Robinson, a journalism student at the University of Boston and a die-hard Renegades fan. But with new found love comes challenges and Ethan and Daisy have to deal with his crazy schedule, school finals and his presence on her campus for some much needed media training. For Ethan nothing can come between him and Daisy, until a secret that she’s been keeping threatens to destroy them both.” (also on Amazon UK)
- All the Rage by T.M Frazier <— SHE’S A 19 YEAR OLD KILLER BUT NOBODY SUSPECTS HER & she’s good with her choices… “Until him. It all changes when an ordinary boy becomes my next target. And my first love. I have to choose.” (also on Amazon UK)
- Love’s Learning Curve by Felicia Lynn
- Thirty-Four Going on Bride (The Spinster Series Book 3) by Becky Monson
- A Field Guide To Catching Crickets by A. Wilding Wells
- Idol (VIP Book 1) by Kristen Callihan <— ROCK STAR READ JUST WENT LIVE and I AM LOVING IT!!! It’s funny, it’s sweet, IT IS HOT!!!!!!! And it’s so well-written, flows so well and has the slow burn but moves just right. I love BOTH of these characters (especially her!!). Him too. LOL! You don’t get bogged down in it. So far it’s had just the right amount of angst. And now I just hit the heartachey part. Yep. I’m excited about this one!! (also on Amazon UK)
- Rock Steady (Rock Band) by Dawn Ryder <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! (also on Amazon UK)
- Defying All Odds by Nevaeh Lee (also on Amazon UK)
- Secrets and Lies 5 (The Ferro Family) by H.M. Ward (also on Amazon UK)
- Coast (Kick Push Book 2) (The Road 3) by Jay McLean <— NOT A STANDALONE so I won’t read the blurb but Jean is excited! “For those of you who haven’t read Kick Push by Jay McLean…. Loved that book, but the ending kinda left you hanging…..with Coast coming out tomorrow though, there’s no excuse!” and Tessa agrees: “Oh finally read Jay McLean’s Kick Push. Coast is up there for next week. All I gotta say is that Coast better do some mending big time!” (also on Amazon UK)
- Test Drive (Body Shop Bad Boys) by Marie Harte
- Engaged to the Billionaire Boys Club (Billionaire Romance Series Book 15) by Cara Miller
- Daring In a Blue Dress (A Matchmaker in Wonderland) by Katie Macalister (also on Amazon UK)
- Unbreak My Heart by Nicole Jacquelyn <— SHE’S IN UNREQUITED LOVE WITH HER BEST FRIEND’S MILITARY HUSBAND ALERT! And then her best friend dies, and she helps him pick up the pieces with his young children, and they get closer except… “Now with Shane deployed for seven months, Kate is on her own and struggling with being a single parent. Shane is loving and supportive from thousands of miles away, but his homecoming brings a betrayal Kate never saw coming.” OH. EM. GEE!!!! WHAT HAPPENS?!! I’m SO BUDDY-READING this one!! (also on Amazon UK)
- Killing The Sun: Part 1 by Mara White & K. Larsen <— (here’s MY REVIEW)!!! (also on Amazon UK)
- INFERNO (The HEAT Series Book 4) by Deborah Bladon (also on Amazon UK)
- So Close by Emma McLaughlin <— GIRL FROM THE TRAILER PARKS & POWERFUL POLITICIANS ALERT! “…a story about a girl from the trailer parks of central Florida and the two powerful men who shape her life—one of whom will raise her up to places she never imagined, the other of whom will threaten to destroy her.” (also on Amazon UK)
- Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley
- Lovegame by Tracy Wolff (also on Amazon UK)
- White-Hot Hack: Kate and Ian #2 by Tracey Garvis Graves – (also on Amazon UK)
- Nothing More by Anna Todd <— SPINOFF!! (also on Amazon UK)
- Targeted (Callahan & McLane) by Kendra Elliot (also on Amazon UK)
- Billionaire Undaunted: The Billionaire’s Obsession ~ Zane by J. S. Scott (also on Amazon UK)
- Untouched by Alexa Riley
- Just One Kiss by Amelia Whitmore
- The Other Side Of Someday by T.K. Leigh <— THIRTY-SOMETHING & NEWLY DIVORCED & SHE BECOMES FRIENDS WITH HER NEW NEIGHBOR But… “…he’s one of the youngest up-and-coming producers in Hollywood. His life is perfect. Perfect apartment. Perfect girlfriend. Perfect dog. Until a friendship with a beautiful woman with vibrant red hair and a similar taste in cheesy movies throws his perfect life into a tailspin.” (also on Amazon UK)
- His Needs: Billionaire Alpha by Ali Parker
- Beautiful by Ella Bordeaux
- What We Become: A Novel by Arturo Perez-Reverte
- Struck from the Record by K.A. Linde <— K.A. LINDE SPINOFF ALERT & HE’S A PLAYER BUT HAS ONE “CONSTANT”… “Their rules were simple. When they’re together, it’s just the two of them. When they’re apart, anything is fair game. And it worked. For ten years. But one of them has changed the game…” (also on Amazon UK)
- Speechless (Pier 70 Book 3) by Nicole Edwards (also on Amazon UK)
- Love Thy Enemy (romantic suspense) (Red Stone Security Series Book 13) by Katie Reus (also on Amazon UK)
- BURN (L.A. Untamed Book 2) by Ruth Clampett (also on Amazon UK)
- Sweet Resolve (The Lucky Series) by Jill Sanders (also on Amazon UK)
- Wicked Burn (Realm Enforcers) by Rebecca Zanetti
- Sea Rose Lane: A Hope Harbor Novel by Irene Hannon
- What Happens in Texas by Carolyn Brown
- Delilah (A Dangerous Beauty Novel Book #3): Treacherous Beauty by Angela Hunt
- F*cking Awkward by Taryn Plendl, AD Justice, Ahren Sanders, Aly Martinez, Amanda Maxlyn, B.A. Wolfe, Brooke Blaine), Brooke Page, Carey Heywood, Christine Zolendz, Laura Ward, CM Foss, Dina Littner, Ella Frank, Heather C. Leigh, HJ Bellus, K Langston, Lex Martin, Liv Morris, Mel Ballew, RE Hunter, Stacy Kestwick, Tiffany Aleman, Trudy Stiles <— ANTHOLOGY ALERT with SO many of our favorite indie authors, & LOL on that cover & TITLE!!!! “This collection of short stories will bring you back to the real world, where you laugh to keep from crying, because sometimes, it’s just F*cking Awkward! 100% of digital sales profits go to charity!” (also on Amazon UK)
- Smolder (Firefighters of Montana Book 1) by Tracy Solheim
- Only His Touch: Part One (The Untouched Series Book 4) by Lilly Wilde
- The Player’s Option: A Novella (The Playmaker Series Book 2) by K.L. Brady
- Hanging by a Thread (RILEY O’BRIEN & CO) by Jenna Sutton
- Everett by Cee Smith <— SHE MEETS HER NEW BOSS BUT... “He’s the man from the train—Vett. The stranger Indigo has spent the last three months infatuated with. He may act like he doesn’t remember, but Indigo won’t let him forget.” (also on Amazon UK)
- Saddle Up (Hot Cowboy Nights) by Victoria Vane
- All Summer Long (Follow Your Heart Book #2): A San Francisco Romance by Melody Carlson
- 738 Days: A Novel by Stacey Kade <— SHE’S ADJUSTING AFTER YEARS IN CAPTIVITY & A WASHED-UP HOLLYWOOD STAR ALERT! “To revamp his image, Chase’s publicist comes up with a plan: surprise Amanda Grace with the chance to meet her hero, followed by a visit to the set of Chase’s new movie. The meeting is a disaster, but out of mutual desperation, Amanda and Chase strike a deal. What starts as a simple arrangement, though, rapidly becomes more complicated when they realize they need each other in more ways than one…” (also on Amazon UK)
- Her Creed by Jennifer Kacey
- Brazen: B-Squad Book One by Avery Flynn <— HER BOYFRIEND’S EX-WIFE SHOWS UP… and she’s still his wife! “They’ve planned the perfect operation to take down the dangerous drug kingpin who’s kidnapped one of Bianca’s best friends. Then Taz’s wife–who was supposed to be his ex-wife–shows up on the eve of the big rescue mission and threatens to blow up his and Bianca’s happily ever after.” (also on Amazon UK)
- Larger Than Life: Smithson Group #6 by Alison Kent
- To Hold (To Have Book 2) by M. L. Pennock
- Love Song (Rocked by Love) by Susan Scott Shelley
- Missed Connections (Summer Love) by Tamara Mataya <— SOMEONE IS WISHING TO MEET HER ON THE MISSED CONNECTIONS WEBSITE… but she’s seeing a bad-boy billionaire that she really likes (loves?), but he doesn’t want a commitment… “Torn between the bad boy she can’t keep and the sensitive stranger who bares his soul online, her heart and body are soon in two very different relationships…or are they?” (also on Amazon UK)
- The Brother Quest (The Luchettis Book 3) by Lori Handeland
- A Change Of Plans (A Castle Club Romance Book 2) by Malinda Martin
- Working It (The It Girls) by Leah Marie Brown
- We Shouldn’t And Yet… by Stephanie Witter <— SHE IS HIS SON’S BEST FRIEND ALERT! And his son wants more with her, but she wants his father… “I didn’t expect to feel so drawn to my best friend’s father when I first meet him. It’s unexplainable and most of all, it’s unexpected. He drinks too much, is rough around the edges, and is so obviously into casual sex and nothing more…” (also on Amazon UK)
- Hometown Girls: New Beginnings by Tressa Messenger
- Mellifica: Affinity for Fear by Melissa Mayberry
- Without Benefits by Nicole Tone
- Breathing Betrayal (Elemental Evidence Book 1) by Bellora Quinn & Sadie Rose Bermingham <— M/M ROMANCE
- The Harder He Falls (Kick) by Lynda Aicher <— M/M ROMANCE
- Catch Me If You Can (North Pole, Alaska Book 7) by Noelle Fox
- In the Line of Fire (Hot Desert Heroes) by Jett Munroe
- The Wedding Sisters by Jamie Brenner <— ALL THREE OF HER DAUGHTERS ARE ENGAGED! “…a triple wedding is the only way to get all three sisters down the aisle. When the grand plan becomes public, the onslaught of media attention adds to Meryl’s mounting pressure. Suddenly, appearances are everything – and she will do whatever it takes to keep the wedding on track as money gets tight, her mother starts acting nutty, and her own thirty year marriage starts to unravel…” (also on Amazon UK)
- Could This Be Love? (A Cates Brothers Book) by Lee Kilraine
- Love, Reality Style by Judith Natelli McLaughlin
- Bad Penny (San Francisco Nights Book 1) by Jocelyn Adler
- Encore by Monique Raphel High
- Spooning Daisy (An Otter Bite Romance) by Maggie McConnell
- Stirring Attraction: A Second Shot Novel by Sara Jane Stone <— ARMY RANGER COMES HOME… “Lily is starting to find a life without Dominic when suddenly her wounded warrior is home and playing bodyguard—though all she really wants is for him to take her….” (also on Amazon UK)
- Targeted (FBI Heat) by Marissa Garner
- Escaping The Past: A mafia romance by L.M. Connolly
- Holiday Affair (At Full Tilt Book 2) by Isabel Raven
- Never Give You Up (McCoy’s Boys) by Shady Grace
PREORDERS (tomorrow’s & next week’s!!! )
- Backfire (A Vigilantes Novel Book 2) by Keri Lake – June 9th 2016
- Raw Redemption (Crossing the Line) by Tessa Bailey – June 13th 2016
- Up in Flames: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series Book 13) by Abbi Glines – June 14th 2016
- Allegiance of Honor: A Psy-Changeling Novel (Psy/Changeling) by Nalini Singh – June 14th 2016
- Bay of Sighs: Book Two of the Guardians Trilogy by Nora Roberts – June 14th 2016
- Unchained: An Eternal Guardians Novella by Elizabeth Naughton – June 14th 2016
- Last Kiss (A First and Last Novel) by Laurelin Paige – June 14th 2016
- A Wildly Seductive Night: (Seductive Nights: Julia & Clay Book 3.5) by Lauren Blakely – June 14th 2016
- Claim Me by Anna Zaires – June 14th 2016
- Filthy Foreign Exchange Book 2 by S.E. Hall – June 14th 2016
- Bittersweet (True North Book 1) by Sarina Bowen – June 14th 2016
- Beg for It by Megan Hart – June 14th 2016
- Here’s to Us by Elin Hilderbrand – June 14th 2016
- Callie Healy (Mitchell – Healy Series) by Jennifer Foor – June 15th 2016
- Bet on Me (Bet on Love Series Book 2) by Rachel Higginson – June 16th 2016
- Hitched (Imperfect Love Book 1) by Kendall Ryan <— July 5th 2016 but I had to post it since it’s a new pre-order and it’s already in Amazon’s top 50 AND it’s super-bargain priced (well, the pre-order price is). 😉
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Marsye, K. C Lynn furst book in Men of Honor us on sale. great series. Can’t get enough.
Marsye, Lynn Raye Harris has new release in her series on the 14th. I think it’s Hot Seal Lover?????
Thank you for Speechless. I didn’t know it was due out today.
I’m waiting for your review, but I think I’m going to hop in Idol too.
Struck from the Record and Coast are two I was looking forward to but 738 days has my attention big time. That blurb really makes me curious.
Thank you Theresa!!!!! 😀
My pleasure Fabi!!!
Agreed Tessa. That is the PERFECT example of a book I had no idea was coming out, totally “new-to-me” and yet sounds like it should be at the top of my TBR list! 😀
“I didn’t mind that Rachel wanted to spend time with Shane while he was home. I totally understood it. But it sucked being the friend who was ignored when someone’s significant other came home from yet another military deployment. I practically lived with Rachel while Shane was gone—she hated being alone—but the moment her husband stepped foot on American soil, I was persona non grata again.”
Dude. She must either be a military wife or know one ’cause that is SPOT ON. And it’s nothing personal…it just is. *shrug*
I’m at about 35% in Unbreak My Heart. Yes, it has been heartbreaking, but I am so frustrated with it so far; Kate’s lack of a backbone and the overall meanness of Shane. Talk about a slow-burn relationship. Worried about where this is going, especially with the blurb about “his homecoming bringing a betrayal.” What is the betrayal?!!!
I have to confess. Every time I see the title, Unbreak my Heart, the song plays in my head. 😛
…say you’ll love me again
Undo this hurt you caused
When you walked out the door
And walked out of my life…
End of Day (Jack and Jill series Book 1) by Jewel E. Ann is $.99 right now, down from $3.99. Didn’t everyone go crazy over this series a while back?
Unbreak My Heart has the frustrating slow burn too! Awww I really want to jump in now! Agreed 738 Days has me intrigued as well. Also probably will get The Other Side of Someday since I’ve enjoyed a lot of her other books.
*Horribly off key* Un-cry these teeaarrrssss
I cried so many nights
Ohhhhh he IS a jerk. A total ass!!!!
But I kind of get it (why he is, although she certainly doesn’t deserve that), and I’m enjoying it. Definitely gives this an edge and some depth.
Mind you, I find her a bit of a busy-body when it comes to him. So of course at times, he’ll react… badly.
Un-break my heart
The extra dots are me holding that note. 😉
ROFL Thank you all for that. That was priceless! 😀
Marsye, Emma Scott’s , Full Tilt just went up for preorder 6/28 – yeah
OMG the start of chapter three has me cackling, and nervous-excited.
Ooooh Theresa I LOVE Emma Scott.
*runs to look it up immediately*
It’s a good think I like that song, Tessa… I too have been singing it non-stop every time I think of this book.
Oooooooh I wanna KICK HIM.
The kids are SO realistic. SOOOOO REALISTIC!!!!! And cute. And bratty. She’s got the littlest one’s speech down perfect.
Unbreak My Hearrrrrt….. *uses hairbrush as microphone* Dang, now It’s in my head too! And I’m not even reading the book!
I’ve started Idol. Not bad so far. Looking forward to your review, Maryse. That is a mighty list today, You have outdone yourself!
Finding Fire. Free, so that’s a no-brainer. I tried 3,2,1 ages ago but it was just tooooo dark for moi. Nalini Singh’s Allegiance of Honour coming up but she’s no longer an auto-click for me. I have LOVED some books in this series but others were just ‘meh’ so I’ll wait and see before rushing to buy. (Cos they’re not cheap!) Hmmmm. What other little pretties are there on your list? *hovers hand eagerly over mouse* This may take some time 😉
OOOOOOH!!!!! That D!CK!!! That d!ckety d!ckhead full of d!cks stupid d!ck-faced D!CK!
Take back that sad word good-bye
Bring back the joy to my life
Don’t leave me here with these tears
Come and kiss this pain away
I can’t forget the day you left
Time is so unkind
And life is so cruel without you here beside me
Kinda sums up where I am at in the book now(47%). It is so realistic with no insta-love and the GUILT and the kids. REALISTIC, but frustrating to read and waiting for the really bad to happen.
Amy, preaching to the choir…
Amy let’s kick him!!!
But you know… as uncomfortable as his thoughts are.. and the things he says… it’s kind of really realistic, ya know? The author is not trying to make him “pc” as far as bad-boy/good-hearted heroes go. He’s not a bad guy per se… he’s just… UGH!!!!
And this is as unrequited as it gets. I couldn’t have asked for more. 😉
EXACTLY. Realistic as can be… the writing is good, the story is good, and I believe every bit of it. Especially how he reacts to her, and around her. Even his thoughts are believable.
Maryse the visual on my screen is hilarious. Your pretty smiling face in your little photo beside your words “let’s kick him!!!” Makes your smile seem evil and vicious…. mwah hah hah…..
OMG is ANYBODY reading OTL?? I am dying. And as much as I love my pretty new paperback…I can’t highlight. And I wan’t to highlight everything!
Tee hee!! 😛
R. Renee… I’m SUPERRRR bad at acronyms. What is OTL?
One True Loves!
One True Loves. Of course!!!!! LOL! 😀
I kind of figured you’d know that one but obviously you girls are in a bad place right now…
It’s just…it’s just…after being in his head and knowing what he’s thinking, I don’t know if I’m EVER going to like him, ya know? 😕
I talk big like this but watch…I’ll probably end up loving him. *snort*
And YES Maryse! Let’s kick him right in his unrequited junk!!! Errr, that didn’t make sense but whatever…
Cheryl…I’m not that far into it and I’m *already* having twisty-tummy over what the betrayal is that’s coming. And you’re so right…no insti-live here!
I wish I could post a boot and an eggplant emoji!
738 Days!!! That sounds so awesome!!! OMG!!! Where to start! I have Idol ~ so, so, up my alley! I bought Unbreak My Heart & bought the paperback of One True Loves yesterday at B&N. Plus you have all these new ones that you’ve pointed out that I just bought.
Best book problem in the world is deciding which book to start with! What a great new release day!
Yeah, so we can boot him in HIS eggplant. 😛
Kim!!! Buddy read with us! Lookit how MAD we are!! 😀
I HATE SHANE!!! MF F*UCKITY, F*CK F*CKER!!
Aw crap, Cheryl…that reaction has me hesitant now. 😕
It has ME excited!!!!
Of course it does, you nutter. 😛
OMG all of your reactions have me grinning from ear to ear! Lol!! I’m late to getting here and just read through all of the comments. I must say you guys have me scared to read Unbreak My Heart, but I really wanna know if he ends up likable. 😛
So I have to say. I finally got Midnight Marked, was finally reading it, when yesterday I see a feed about Hermione being black. Cool, but I couldn’t remember what hair color she had. (brown) So, I go to look and got caught up… So rather than reading the new book that was making me smile, I’m re-reading Sorcerer’s Stone for the Umpteenth time. *grins* I’t been over ten years and the movie was so close to the book and yet, reading it is a treasure still.
Yet your reactons regarding UMH makes me curious…
Okay, so I’m feeling angry, my heart is clenching, I want to cry for her, I want to punch and simultaneously comfort him, I want to throw a tantrum for the whole situation, my gut is all cramped up…
And you know what? I’m loving it every second of it. 😀 It’s been a while since I’ve had a book do THIS to me (at least that I can remember), and HOLY MOLY I’ve missed it!
So far it has been the most real book I have read. He is true to his emotions and feelings and doesn’t pull any punches. He loved his wife and Kate does not and has never done anything for him nor is she a replacement for his wife. There is no waking up and realizing oh yeh I love her.
Cheryl – That’s not really true. Remember his reaction to her in the beginning. He’s rotten to her because his reactions to her are twisted. He doesn’t like how she makes him feel.
Maryse and Amy! I’m loving your reactions!
Angry? Check! Stabby and or Kicky (LOL!)? Check! Bleeding hearts (those kids!)? Check! Questioning? (Why does he? Why does she put up with it?) Check!
I loved it, but I think it was because it was way more a bully book then a rip my heart out with your bare hands and chew on it while smiling book. I still do not trust you two, but this was a winner! 😉
You guys… I kind of hate him.
In one way I understand, but nope. I kind of hate him.
I haven’t even read it but now I’d like to kick him in his unrequited junk too! LOL. The Kindle edition of UMH doesn’t seem to be available on amazon australia just yet, only the audio version, altho’ the release date was yesterday here??? What the??? Oh well, I’ll keep an eye on it and maybe check it out once it’s available. See what all the fun is about for myself 😀
34% into Idol. It’s OK so far. Nice h and H, good set-up for the story. But I’m not loving it as much as some OTT reviews I’ve seen on other sites :-/ But these days I’m pretty cynical about reviews of new books that use too many superlatives. Immediately makes me doubt their authenticity. My cynical little soul ….. Recently I read a five star review of a new book (can’t remember which one) where the reviewer gave five stars but plainly admitted to to not having read it but the author was their niece and they thought it would be a great read! I kid you not. ROTFL. How embarrassing for the author. Um, thanks aunty (I think!).
I’ll keep reading Idol. I have liked some of Callihan’s other books, so it’s worth hanging in there, I think.
LOL! Maryse! Why does that make me feel so much better!
I’m reading RoomHate now. Why does this ouchie I can’t have what I really, really want feeling feel so good????
Jan130.. I’m still reading Idol too…
I just REALLY loved when she finally realized who he was. I loved the honesty in her reaction… how truly star struck she was and how hurt he was that she was changing because of it… I really like their friendship, and how it wasn’t immediate sex and such. Instead, they get on each other’s nerves, and I found that endearing.
I’m only halfway through that one.
Yeah I liked that too, Maryse. There is a nice, real feeling about their friendship.
I was just starting to like him. REALLY like him. Then he did THAT.
We’ve come full freaking circle. I don’t know that I’m ever going to truly like this guy again.
Okay, done with UMH.
After all that turmoil and anger (which was SO fun!) through the first 50-60%, it just kind of plateaued. I would have liked for the tummy-twisting drama to have lasted a little longer. Or maybe I just get bored and impatient with my books lately. 😉
Thanks for another fun BR, ladies. 😀
Im tearing my hair out….why would I not be able to access a kindle version of unbreak my heart!!! I can’t even get it on US Amazon. Grrrrr.
Jan130 can you get it??
Grace you’re in my hemisphere and you obviously could download it??
I had no trouble, but I think that I operate through the American system even though I’m not currently there. Sorry. 🙁
Lisa I can’t get it either. Maybe we will have to wait a couple of days.
I am going to try something else. Not sure what as my tbr is exploding and there seems to be so many good books released. Just killing me.
I missed a BR. Oh poop. But it was all angsty & cry worthy – so no thank you. I had a wee little surgery & am now home recovering. Have plenty of time for some good reads. Finishing Tastes Like Candy today. Loved it. Great MC read, series, author. One of the best. Candyman finally got a girl. Woop.
MichelleS sending fast healing wishes your way.
Get well soon MichelleS! Enjoy your reading time!
So yeah, I’m feeling all the things you guys are with UMH. I’m only at 50% so don’t know what’s going to happen, but, yeah, I don’t like him very much already.
Get well MichelleS!
I’m reading Six and really enjoying it. It’s not really a dark read, more of a thriller perhaps?
Ela did you finish Six? What did you think? That blurb gave me a jolt!
I am so glad I am not the only one who has Unbreak my Heart playing on a reel in my head! Thought maybe I was a little crazy! If I am, I can’t think of a better group to go crazy with! You guys are awesome!!
We do enjoy our craziness, Melanie, and I’m happy you’re part of our crazy (but awesome) book group. 😉
MichelleS I hope you heal quickly! *hugs*
I’ve just been lurking and reading all of your reactions to UMH. I’m still reading the Chicagoland book (finished Harry Potter).
Hope you heal up soon, MichelleS!!! Take care of yourself, rest, and take advantage of all this reading time. 😀
Jean…it was crazy fun at first with being angry at him and he turmoil, but I wasn’t thrilled with the last 40% or so. And I had a REALLY hard time warming up to him after all of his shenanigans. I still don’t think I like him. 😕 It was good but if I had to rate it I would say 3.5 to 4 stars…I keep going back and forth on that.
Tessa…I’ll bet you’re just sittin’ back and watching us, thinking better us than you, right? 😉
YAY Melanie! Go crazy with us!! 😀
Hey Lisa. No I still can’t get UMH on amazon kindle either. Just have to wait, I guess. I’m still reading Idol anyway, and have got plenty more on my TBR too 😉
While busy sulking and pouting about the lack of UMH on my kindle I’ve devoured Tastes Like Candy (immediate 5 stars for me and Candy is right up there in Deke territory for most perfect biker book boyfriend) AND Idol (which I also 5 starred for being exactly what it was….a meet cute, rockstar romance with a smidgen of angst and a HEA).
Im feeling a bit calmer.
Its freezing, windy and stormy here….perfect day to snuggle on the sofa with a book.
I’m skimming over the reactions to UMH and giggling about eggplants and boot emojis. Maybe Im not missing much?!
Im hitting Blood Kiss and hanging with the vamps for a bit.
I floved Tastes Like Candy too. I’ve been rereading The Passage as well, (and loving it) but struggling to hold up my big heavy hardback copy, so now and then popping into Idol on my little, easy-to-manage kindle. Also need a good strong light to read an actual book! Not like my kindle with its own light source. My ‘real’ books look great up on my bookshelf, but it’s actually easier to read them on my special little electronic library. *sighs* First world problems LOL.
Amy I’m on a 4 star level with it… I have to write the review now. But agreed. He was quite the ass!
Anyone who’s like me and bought Defy by Sara B. Larson and loved it, but didn’t buy Ignite yet, it’s on sale right now for 5.99 since the third one, Endure, was just released.
Maryse…yes he was!! I guess my biggest issue with it was how we never really saw him in any other light aside from being the jerk husband of her best friend. We were TOLD that they were good friends before he hooked up with her best friend and then started treating her like crap (for a flimsy reason, IMO), but there weren’t any flashbacks or anything else given to let us see a different side of him so that we could hurt along with her over the the loss of the relationship between him and her. Make sense?
Grabbed ‘We Shouldn’t And Yet’ because it sounds like our kind of taboo and the H/Dad sounds like a jerk….and I looove a jerk!
Grace, you’re right he does in the beginning have some conflicted feelings about Kate.
My opinion on UMH, I really liked the first maybe 70% and the realistic feeling of their “relationship.” Then it just was meh. I got tired of his hot-cold reactions and her responses. Only time I really respected her, was towards the end when she finally stood up for herself. Had good potential and then just fell flat.
Think I’m going to start Idol now.
I finally saw Me Before You today and I honestly think reading it beforehand may have saved my life. My poor daughter on the other hand had no clue. I’ve never heard gasping sobs quite like that come out of a person in public. The whole place was staring at us. I rubbed my hand over her back to soothe her, but let’s face it, I was really just making it known that the crying wasn’t coming from me.
I paid the price though, I took her for a pedi and tried to read One True Loves while I was getting my foot massaged. I had a mini breakdown. She of course found this hilarious.
If you haven’t seen MBY, go. One of the best book adaptations I’ve seen!
R. Renee I’m waiting so I can rent it on pay-per-view. There is no way I can handle that movie in public. I can’t wait, though!!!
MichelleS, hope you heal fast, but not too fast that you can’t take advantage of some quality reading time. 🙂
Tessa *gasp* Endure is finally out? I’d about given up on it.
I just want to say that I agree with Amy that UMH would have been a great deal more powerful if we had the past closeness between them spelled out a bit more. I think I also feel that the ending was lacking in that it just happened to quickly even though the book told you how he was patiently waiting her out. I think I put a great deal of emotional stock into her love for the children. Everything she felt or didn’t feel had to be seen through the lens of her willingness to do anything to be with them. Even when she found her backbone they weakened her position. It wasn’t possible to just walk away even if we wanted her to. I thought it was really good, but I agree it could have been much more amazing with a few adjustments. I read RoomHate right afterward and was all “Ah! There ya go!”
Yep, it’s out. 😀 I didn’t realize it either until I went through my wishlist and saw Ignite on sale. Apparently it’s been out since last December!
hmmm, I either didn’t know or completely forgot about it. I’m usually good at tracking the ones I buy in hardcover. Thanks for the heads up!
You’re welcome! 😀
I agree with all your comments about UMH….. loved the beginning though! I wanted more angst after his deployment…..or something crazy….and I was expecting it, but it didn’t hit me as hard as I would have liked. I really liked the book, but never really liked him and I agree it’s because we didn’t see any of their past closeness. The realness was great and absolutely loved the kids!
Now, what the heck to read next….
Oh! Backfire! Just showed up on my Kindle! If you guys haven’t read Ricochet, YOU MUST! I’ve been waiting for Backfire! So excited now!
Exactly, Jean! I think we’re mostly all on the same page about it. And you know I have the song Backfire by Muse stuck on my head now, right! 😛
“Kevin was dead and the people in my house wouldn’t go home.” ~ Talking to the Dead by Bonnie Grove
*snort* Should have been a question mark after the word “right”…I’m not that energetic yet this morning.
Guess not Amy! Isn’t it like 6 am where you are? I wouldn’t be energetic either! I’m not a morning person! Lol!
I am so struggling with what to read next…..All the Rage by TM Frazier keeps jumping out at me. Love the cover! Decisions, decisions……maybe I’ll base it on the first line between that and Backfire and see what’s more intriguing!
“RAIN FELL FROM the sky in sheets.” The Spiral Down by Aly Martinez
Don’t let the first line fool you. This one is so good! I started it yesterday morning and got to 70% by last night because I couldn’t put it down.
Aly Martinez can write such captivating characters. We FEEL for them.
Fabi I LOVE that author too. Her first series had me hooked! And while it was angsty and deep, it was hilarious, too.
‘The heat in the hallway was stifling, even though it was well past midnight.’
Ignite by Sara B,. Larson
At least the scene is set? *sighs* Really, the series is good. I’m on page three (I was tired!), but I have high hopes for this one. Mostly because the first book was awesome. 😀
I finished Midnight Marked. It was really good, though not the best. It had the action and such, but due to what was happening, it’s heart and humor wasn’t there as much as in most her books. No training, first off! Training is essential for comic relief. However, it did have some sweet moments and was still good. Just… no training! Gah!
How did I miss a Muse song? *looks it up* You sure Backfire is by Muse?
Fabi! I love Aly Martinez! Did you read The Fall Up? That was good! I know The Spiral Down is M/M and I’ve yet to jump into that genre. Yep, I’m a big chicken!
FLT: “I don’t wanna see any more doctors”, I announced as I burst through the door of Cody’s porch. (All the Rage by T.M. Frazier)
I really wanted to read Backfire, but waiting for my friend whose not ready yet! (Let’s go Tracy! She’s a stalker here, but makes no comments….haha)!
Hi Tracy!!! *waves at Jean’s Tracy* 😀
“Music can be your friend when you have none, your lover when you’re needy. Your rage, your sorrow, your joy, your pain.” Idol (VIP Book 1) by, Kristen Callihan.
Cheryl and Jan130 – that’s my first line too!
I’m in the second half of it, and I’m hoping things get gut-churning considering his rock-star status. 😉
Whoops Tessa…it was Backfire by Mutemath. By the way, I LOVE Muse! 😀
Jean I didn’t have time to read The Fall Up before The Spiral Down. I may go back and read it though. I love Aly Martinez’s writing!
Is definitely worth it Fabi!
FLT – “The Gate was hidden among the moons of the sixth planet, and no one native to that solar system knew it when it powered up and the ship came through.” – Heat, by R. lee Smith.
So I am recovering from surgery and I figured, what the heck, I might as well go for a crazy long, crazy period kind of book. R. Lee Smith is the queen of both. It’s so dang dark and disturbing, but it’s like a train-wreck and you have to keep looking. Her writing is just top notch. You just forgive this beast of an alien for all of his violence, because, to him, he’s on a hostile planet. And the heroine? OMG. This poor chick is one tough cookie. Not for the faint of heart.
I will DEFINITELY need a Bev-recommended-coming-of-age-book after this train wreck.
Oh MichelleS and just a few days ago (or was it yesterday) some were comparing it to Life of Anna in dark and disturbingness. I wanna read it!
*snuggles blankie around MichelleS and cleans up blankie fort*
Aaaaahhhh, MichelleS, I can’t believe you’re reading Heat. That is one disturbing but unforgettable story. I need to read another R. Lee Smith book.
I know, right? It wasn’t even the story-line that appealed to me – it was R. Lee Smith and her unique style of horror-sci-fi-erotica that I was in the mood for. She does not disappoint. He’s a beast! Just awful. Talk about Stockholm syndrome. ARGH. I can’t believe I read this stuff.
Yup. The only book I have to compare Heat to is The Life of Anna. But they are also fundamentally different. It’s the train wreck that is similar.
Funny you say that, I considered Life of Anna book 4 or Heat as my options. LoA was just too taboo. At least in Heat he’s an alien! Brutal books. I question my taste when I read this stuff.
And now I want to read Heat even more. And I’m more scareder. 😛
Finished Ignite. 😀 And, it was good. I think I wanted more, though. More angst. However, Endure is out and might have that angst I’m after.
FLT Part 2:
‘Something was wrong.’
Blood Shadows by Lindsey J Pryor
Well, at least it’s not all sunshine and rainbows!
First Line Friday:
‘The first time we f@#$ed, I was actually ashamed to admit, was after his wife’s funeral’
Wednesday by Kendall Ryan.
Oh MY Lisa!!!!!
*runs to investigate book*
Huh. Bad timing.
Omg Lisa, that sounds good! Lol!
FLT: “The Garretts were forbidden from the start.”
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
MichelleS, hope you get to enjoy your downtime with some good books…Heat is disturbing and crazy and addicting 😉
My FLT same as Cheryl’s. I’m also concurrently reading The Passage! Crazy, huh?
Heat is on my TBR, for when I’m feeling brave one day. Hope you have a quick recovery, Michelle S. Happy reading.
OMG…Lisa wins FLT. 😛
MICHELLE!!!! I’m so excited you’re reading that one!!! 😀 You HAVE to keep me updated.
I started Tuesday Amy but didn’t get too far. I wish I had more reading time during the week 🙁
Hope lots of reading time is a silver lining to you recovery Michelle *hugs*
Whoa…..you guys….I’m reading All the Rage by T.M. Frazier! Soooo good so far. Kinda dark. She is an unusual character…indifferent to people and emotions, OCD, germophobic, and a hypochondriac. Thrilled at the thought of violence and death. So crazy being in her head. But her next target could change everything……
Oh Jean… I love OCD germaphobic characters!!!! Thank you for that little detail. 😀
Maryse, I hear you! I’m a glutton for punishment!