BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! Wednesday June 10th 2015 Some new releases and pre-orders!!! Like:
- Breathless In Love (The Maverick Billionaires, Book 1) by Bella Andre & Jennifer Skully <— already in the top 100!!! “When a man has more money than he could possibly spend in five lifetimes, Harper has to ask herself what Will Franconi could possibly want from a woman like her?“
- Pawn (Ironclad Bodyguards Book 1) by Molly Joseph <— She’s a famous chess-player and she needs a body guard… “When an international championship threatens Grace’s safety, a bevy of security experts are hired to look after her, but only one is her personal, close-duty bodyguard, courtesy of Ironclad Solutions, Inc.“
- Tricky Twenty-Two: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Ivanovich <— Pre-order is up and it’s releasing Nov 17th 2015!!
- Omega (Alpha Book 3) by Jasinda Wilder <— Pre-order is up and it’s releasing Aug 4th 2015!!
- Ugly Cry: An Anthology by AE Woodward, Brenda Rothert, Erika Ashby, JM LaRocca, Kathryn Perez, M.E. Carter, Missy Johnson, Stacey Grice <— pre-order is up & it’s releasing June 22nd 2015
And now time for my own “these blurbs have me a mini-jolt” list. 😉
Okay I’ve already started a post with my latest TBR list (and you can bet a ton from our “Peanut List” will be on there) but from today’s new releases? These are the ones that have me titillated!
Like Jezebel (total crazy-twist that is blowing minds. Oh I love those kinds!!!). Amber to Ashes ’cause it’s supposed to be -uber-angsty, romance-wise (like tear-your-heart-out angst!), and A Pound of Flesh (’cause she’s a teacher in a prison that falls for a prisoner!! *gasp*!! – Sounds like a Cara McKenna book that I loved). Oh!! Learning to Fall (I know… I know… kind of seems like the typical student-teacher romance, – while night between strangers until they both end up at school – one the teacher, and one the student. When done right, always blows my mind!). How To Get Lucky <— OMG this one sounds AWESOME and hilarious and so fun!! She has the winning lottery ticket and loses it, and a rock star wants to help. YESSSS!!!! I love TUESDAYS!! 😀
And if you have any recommendations or great finds for the bargain section (or new books you don’t want me to miss) leave ’em in the comments. 😀
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
AUDIOBOOK RELEASES PLUS check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal ————->
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Amber to Ashes by Gail McHugh
- A Pound of Flesh by Sophie Jackson
- Trusting Liam: A Taking Chances and Forgiving Lies Novel by Molly McAdams
- Dead Ice by Laurell K. Hamilton
- The Grand Opening: Dare Valley, Book 3 by Ava Miles
- Fated by Rebecca Zanetti
- The Fixer by Joseph Finder
- The Ultimate Betrayal: A Reverend Curtis Black Novel, Book 12 by Kimberla Lawson Roby
- All the Single Ladies: A Novel by Dorothea Benton Frank
- Beyond the Cut (The Sinner’s Tribe Motorcycle Club Book 2) by Sarah Castille <— Sarah is reading this one! “Reading Sarah Castille Author’s Beyond the Cut. Love finding new (to me) MC series!… I’m literally only a few pages in (started before I went into work this morning) but so far there is mentioning of hot sex from the first book and drama with her ass of an ex-husband and them fighting over their twin 7 year old daughters, so I am sold! The only thing better than alpha bikers is alpha bikers and kids ;)”
- Jezebel by K. Larsen <— Recent release that’s back on the list ’cause Di-Ann LOVED it! “Oh my goodness. I just finished Jezebel by K. Larsen and OMG. So unique, beautifully written and that ending slayed me. Just when you think you have figured it out, NOT!! I dare anyone to tell me they saw it coming! LOVED IT!!!!!” and Amy has some words, too!”I just finished Jezebel. I’m a little speechless right now. Yeah, imagine that. *snort* I need to let everything sink in before I attempt give my thoughts (I have both praises and complaints ) but the short version of what I’m thinking is…W. T. F.No, seriously…what in the *actual* f&%k.Di-Ann has it right. The twist I was sure I saw coming? HA!”
- Surrendering: A Regent Vampire Lords Novel, Book #1 by K.L. Kreig <— Amanda loves vampires!!! She says: “So I just got done with the first 3 books available by the amazing K.L Kreig the Regent Vampire Lords books.OMG they are awesome and exactly the kind of thing loved by everyone here not to mention that you can read them free on kindle unlimited. Can’t wait for the novella and two more planned novels to follow.“
- My Fate for Yours <— FREE READ on Wattpad by Steph Campbell & Mia Joseph!!!
- The Offer <— FREE READ on Wattled by Karina Halle!!
- The Wishing Tide by Barbara Davis <— super-bargain priced and what a gorgeous cover! An english professor shows up at her place in the middle of a storm and wants to stay at her house to write, and she also makes friends with a mysterious older lady… “As Lane slowly unravels Mary’s story and a fragile relationship between Lane and Michael blooms, Lane realizes the three share a common bond. But when a decades-old secret suddenly casts its shadow over them, Lane must choose between protecting her heart and fighting for the life—and the love—she wants.“
- Inhale (A Just Breathe Novel Book 1) by Kendall Grey <— Paranormal & rock stars & super-bargain and Simoan recommends it! “I loved this series!! It’s a mix of all things awesome!”
- Homewrecker (Into the Flames Book 1) by Cat Mason <— Jenn LOVES it! “Homewrecker by cat mason. Amazing. I think its my top read for the year so far!!!!”
- Throb by V.I. Keeled <— super-bargain priced!! She signs a contract, but she’s SO into his brother!!! “Eight weeks ago I signed a contract. One that seemed like a good idea at the time. A handsome bachelor, luxury accommodations, and a chance to win a prize my family desperately needed. There were some rules though. Lots of them actually. Follow the script, no dating, sex, or disclosing the terms of the deal. After my self-imposed moratorium on men the last year, it wouldn’t be hard to live up to my end of the bargain…so I thought. Until I realized the deal I’d made was with the devil…and I was in love with his dirty-talking brother.“
- Dead Ice (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter) by Laurell K. Hamilton <— ANITA BLAKE FANS ALERT!!!
- Deal With The Devil (Purgatory Book 4) by Cynthia Eden
- The Purrfect Stranger: A Redstone Clan Short Story by Bianca D’Arc
- Michel/Striker (Bayou Heat Book 15) by Laura Wright & Alexandra Ivy
- Amber Smoke: The Escaped – Book One by Kristin Cast <— Is this P.C. Cast’s daughter!??? “The worst of terrors has crossed the barrier that separates our world from theirs, and the Furies send a great, albeit untested warrior—their only son, Alek—to try to bring those souls back. He is young and handsome, headstrong and impulsive, and he won’t be able to do it alone. Eva has grown up, beautiful and beloved, but surrounded by secrets. First, she will be hunted in an ancient feud that will threaten her life. Then, she will become the hunter.“
- Ravaged: An Eternal Guardians Novella (1001 Dark Nights) by Elisabeth Naughton
- Brandi: Nano Wolves 2 by Donna McDonald
- Take Her to HeVan (Nephilim Book 6) by Lucy Kelly
- On the Accidental Wings of Dragons (Dragons of Eternity Book 1) by Julie Wetzel
- The Dragons’ Demon: A Dragon’s Dream (Ethereal Foes) by Marie Harte
- Brand of the Pack (Silver Wolf Clan) by Tera Shanley
- Pretty Little Werewolf by Katie Salinas
- Waking the Dragon (Vale of Stars Book 1) by Juliette Cross
- Soul Scorched: Part 1 (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- Forever and Ever, Amen by Liv Rancourt
- Her Ghost Wears Kilts by Kathleen Shaputis
- Myth and Magic by Mae Clair
- Third Eye’s a Charm by Dorothy Callahan
- Sweet Love (Flavors of Love Book 1) by CS Patra
- Shut Up and Kiss Me by Madeline Sheehan & Claire C. Riley <— INTRIGUING BLURB ALERT!! “Mila spends her days waitressing and her evenings at home. Then, one night, after getting exclusive tickets to a nightclub downtown, Nikki is able to convince Mila to let loose for once.” And then!!! She meets a guy named William… “One night together will change everything for both of them. Pasts and futures will collide, secrets will be revealed, and the results will transform both their lives forever.”
- Amber to Ashes by Gail McHugh <— ANGSTY LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!!! Author warns that she’ll tear our hearts out with this one… LOL!!! YAY US!!!
- Trusting Liam: A Taking Chances and Forgiving Lies Novel by Molly McAdams <— FACE TO FACE with one night stand again… “Liam Taylor has been asked to help socialize his boss’s nieces. But what he thinks sounds more like a babysitting job ends up leading him to the only girl who ever slipped away before morning—a girl he thought he’d never find again…“
- Ruined: (A Decadence after Dark Epilogue) by M. Never
- The Story of Us: A Novel by Dani Atkins <— BACHELORETTE PARTY TRAGEDY postpones her wedding… and she finds herself falling in love with the man that saved her… “What do you do when, on the eve of your wedding, you find yourself in love with two men?“
- A Pound of Flesh by Sophie Jackson <— SHE’S A TEACHER IN A PRISON… PRISONER ALERT!!! I gotta read this… I love discovering how they “work” out.
- Hold Me Until Midnight (Entangled Brazen) (Grayson Brothers) by Christina Phillips <— Rich girl and her body guard
- Turning the Tables (Entangled Brazen) (Italian Connection) by Joan Kilby <— Rich girl fakes out bar owner
- Rules of Seduction (Entangled Brazen) (Serve) by Joya Ryan <— She tries out a BDSM club… and she’s blindfolded at all times so she doesn’t know the man controlling her is actually her funny best friend. ” And as long as the blindfold stays on, she’ll never discover that the two men she’s falling for are one and the same…”
- Revenge Best Served Hot (Entangled Indulgence) (Men of the Zodiac) by Jackie Braun
- Blame it on the Kiss (Entangled Bliss) (Kisses in the Sand) by Robin Bielman
- The Gilded Cage (Surrender) by Lauren Smith <— BDSM and sounds like something to read if you’re looking for more like “Fifty”.
- Love Arrives in Pieces by Betsy St. Amant
- Learning to Fall by Jillian Eaton <— STUDENT TEACHER ROMANCE ALERT!! “…after a chance meeting at a bar that’s exactly what she finds herself doing and he quickly becomes the one thing in her life she can’t control. The one thing in her life she doesn’t want to control. But as their passion escalates, so does the dangerous situation they find themselves in. Because Daniel isn’t just the man Imogen’s falling in love with… he’s also her student.” Ooooooooh!! College-aged so it’s not too bad, right?
- The Worth the Fight Series 3-Book Bundle: Against the Cage, Full Contact, Below the Belt by Sidney Halston <— SERIES BUNDLE!!
- Zack: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) by Sawyer Bennett <— HOCKEY PLAYER ALERT/SINGLE DAD/NANNY ALERT!!! “…still crippled by emotional baggage, and now a single dad, he’s in need of some serious help with his son. But while the nerdy new nanny wins his son’s heart, Zack isn’t sure he’s ready for a woman’s touch“
- Insignificant (The Goldenrod Series Book 1) by Jenny Sims <— She’s the bad girl in a band and HE’S the good boy!
- How To Get Lucky: A Sexy in NYC Book by Erin McCarthy <— SHE WINS THE LOTTERY & LOSES THE TICKET/ROCK STAR ALERT!!! “Allison figures it’s only fitting that she be the first woman in the history of ever to hit the lottery and score a smoking hot rock star all in one night, only to wake up with her entire life destroyed a mere eighteen hours later when her lottery ticket is missing. Marco’s offer of help makes her feel like the biggest lame ass loser ever, and while she can’t take his money, she can take a weekend in LA and some smoking hot sex. But that’s all it can be with him rich and hitting the road and her hitting the unemployment line…“
- Outlaw Road (A MC Romance) by Nora Flite <— BIKERS KIDNAPPED HER! “I was supposed to save my sister. No matter how hard I tried, I still failed. Now I’ve been kidnapped by the same men. After being used and hurt by bikers, I never expected one to help me...”
- Bound by Lies (Bound and Broken Book 2) by Rebecca Shea
- Hold Me (Twist Me #3) by Anna Zaires <— DARK READ ALERT!! Is this the conclusion?? I can’t read the blurb ’cause I don’t wanna spoil it for myself (I only read book #1 so far…)
- Unforgettable by Melody Grace
- Back Stage (Power Station Book 3) by T Gephart
- Wingmen (Modern Love Stories) by Daisy Prescott
- Midnight Secrets (Midnight series) by Lisa Marie Rice
- The Consequence of Revenge by Rachel Van Dyken
- Secret by Kindle Alexander <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Life, Some Assembly Required (The Rebuilding Year) by Kaje Harper <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Profile of Retribution: Book Three of the Profile Series by Alexa Grace
- Unveiled (Vargas Cartel Series Book 2) by Lisa Cardiff
- Ropin’ Hearts (The Boot Knockers Ranch) by Em Petrova
- A Forever Masterpiece (The Masterpiece Trilogy Book 3) by Nikki Lynn Barrett
- Dirty Bad Savage by Jade West <— POST APOCALYPTIC??? I have no real clue yet by that crazy-sounding blurb but this is the part that I did get, and I like the sound of it! “Sophia Harding runs a tight ship. She may work in the dregs of housing association slums, but her patch is on the way up. Anti-social behaviour is down, employment is on the rise, and she’s even been shortlisted for estate manager of the year. It’s looking good. Really good. Until Callum Jackson completes his jail time and lands right back on her doorstep.” Oh and… I love that cover!!! And that title. LOL!
- Bind (The Donovan Dynasty) by Sierra Cartwright
- XO, Blake (The Undergrad Years) by Avery Aster
- The Lion of Justice (The Bodyguard series Book 2) by Leena Lehtolainen
- Get Off Easy (Noble House Book 1) by by Sara Brookes
- Ten Brides for Ten Hot Guys by Donna Fasano, Helen Scott Taylor, Mimi Barbour, Mona Risk, Patrice Wilton, Rebecca York, Dana Marton, Nina Bruhns, Alicia Street, Annie Jones
- Heroes In Uniform: Soldiers, SEALs, Spies, Rangers and Cops: Sexy Hot Contemporary Alpha Heroes from NY Times and USA Today bestselling authors by Sharon Hamilton, Cristin Harber, Kaylea Cross, Gennita Low, Caridad Pineiro, Patricia McLinn, Karen Fenech, Dana Marton, Toni Anderson, Lori Ryan, Nina Bruhns
- Bleeding Hearts Anthology: Ten authors. Ten stories. One in ten with Endometriosis. by Erin Noelle, S.K Hartley, Ker Dukey, Kirsty Moseley, Ilsa Madden-Mills, Claire C. Riley, Cassy Roop, MJ Carnal, Chelle Bliss, Tijan <— Favorite authors and their bestsellers!!!! 😀 What an amazing deal!!!
- TAKING THE FALL – The Complete Series: Part One, Part, Two, Part Three & Part Four by Alexa Riley <— OOOOOH!!! Bad guy alert?? “When she learns the only man she’s ever loved has betrayed her, she escapes and crafts a new identity. She’s finally free… Carter has waited eight years to claim his woman. Locking him up only fueled his obsession. The day he gets out he’s coming for her…“
- Little Moments (Second Chances Book 2) by Madison Street <— THE VERY MOMENT HE FELL IN LOVE ALERT!! “It was the happiest day of my life, and yet she didn’t even know I existed. What if you had the chance to relive those moments? Would you take it? I’ve waited almost ten years for her and my time has finally come. This split second, this precise moment will change her life forever.” and Marie recommends it! “...it was fantastic!! Highly recommend. Oh the feels.“
- Over the Line by Sarah Winter
- Dark Domination (Bought By the Billionaire Book 1) by Lili Valente
- Hold Trilogy Book 1: An MMA New Adult Romance by Jayne Blue <— MMA FIGHTER ALERT!!
- Masquerade (Swept Away) by J.S. Cooper
- Getting Lei’d by Ann Omasta
- A Pinch of Promise (Taste of Romance Book 2) by Elizabeth Maddrey
- Taming Dex: 69 Bottles #4 by Zoey Derrick <— ROCK STAR/DRUMMER ALERT!! “Raine doesn’t expect to be on the radar of the sexy manwhore drummer, let alone the center of his sights. Shattered from a long-term relationship with a cheater, Raine is determined to make Dex prove himself…“
- Until You Fall In Love by Lyssa Layne
- Serenity’s Child by Shelby Kent-Stewart
- Dirt Daughter by Michele Shaw <— SOUNDS INTRIGUING/HIDING A SECRET ALERT!! She knows the secret of her friend’s murder but doesn’t want to say anything because she has a chance to get away from her abusive home and go to college… “But, when a detective reopens the cold case and a friend sets her up on a date with the new boy at school, the past and present collide, threatening Elena’s future plans…and her life…“
- The Tanners Box Set by Jess Dee
- That Man of Mine (Whispering Bay Romance Book 3) by Maria Geraci <— HUNKY POLICE CHIEF & HIS EX-WIFE ALERT! “Hunky Police Chief Zeke Grant isn’t happy that his estranged wife Mimi has just become his boss. But for the town’s sake, he’s willing to swallow his pride and let her order him around—to a point. Everything aside, he doesn’t count on someone from his past coming back to haunt him, forcing him to reevaluate what’s really important.”
- Begin Again by Christy Newton
- Crazy for the Competition (Entangled Bliss) (Hope Springs) by Cindi Madsen
- Beautiful Criminal by Shady Grace
- Feisty, Fiery and Flirty by Mackenzie McKade and Nikki Duncan
- Her Foreign Affair by Shea Mcmaster <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE (both have lost their spouses) AND she had his baby without him knowing!! “When Randi Jean Ferguson fell for Courtland Robinson while studying abroad in London, she was ready for a life of tea and crumpets. But when she discovered Court was being forced into a shotgun wedding, there was no way she could stay—or tell him she was also pregnant with his child. Now widowed, Randi is just starting to consider finding Court—when he shows up at her door. With his son. Randi’s not ready to reveal everything to Court, but if she doesn’t will both their children end up scarred?“
- Tied to Her (Galloway Brothers Book 3) by Elle Vaughn
- Courting Mrs. McCarthy by Ian Thomas Malone
- Complicated on 5th Avenue: 5th Avenue Romance Series, Book Two by Abbie St. Claire
- Hot As Blazes by Dani Jace
- Emily: Skipping Stones: Book 1 by Jasmine Lee <— MARRIAGE TROUBLE!! Her ex-husband and a prison guard… “Dating isn’t easy but it’s especially not easy for a single mom of twin boys, with a soon to be ex-husband who’s still around. I mean what else could happen? Throw in a hot prison guard and my ex-husband the mechanic and you have a whole mess of problems…“
- Mine & Ours by Alex Tempera
- CAUGHT (A Protectors Series Novella that takes place between the Protectors books) (The Protectors Series) by Karen Fenech <— KIDNAPPED! “While on her way home from work, Elle Jameson is abducted by a human trafficker. Her abductor, Sloane Devlin, is a man cloaked in secrets and contradictions. He takes her away from the traffickers he works for but will not set her free…“
- The Face of Scandal (Surface Tension) by Helena Maeve
- Never Let You Go (a modern fairytale) by Kate Regnery – June 12th 2015
- The Song of David by Amy Harmon – June 13th 2015
- King by T.M. Frazier – expected release date June 15th 2015
- Scorched by Jennifer L. Armentrout – expected release June 16th 2015
- Drive It Deep: A Desert Dogs Novella by Cara McKenna – June 16th 2015
- Beautifully Brutal (Southern Boy Mafia Book 1) by Nicole Edwards – expected release June 16th 2015
- Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian by E.L. James <— JUNE 18th 2015!!!
- True Devotion (The True Series) by Liora Blake – June 22nd 2015
- Sins of the Innocent: A Novella by Jamie McGuire – June 28th 2015 <— Lauren and I think this one sounds awesome! She says: “Scrolling down Maryse’s pre-orders list & I’ve gotta say, Jamie McGuire’s June 28th pre-order has me intrigued. A girl who’s mother is a direct descendant of Christ & father is a half human son of a fallen angel…….and a boy that is the half human son of Lucifer. Now THAT is a taboo love story….makes the thousands of stepbrother books seem tame in comparison.“
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
The third book in the Checked trilogy is being released on Monday June 15!!!!!;) Forever Checking by Jennifer Jamelli. Can’t wait:)
Wow, this list is out of control!! Okay, how can we resist Jezebel?!?!?!? I mean Di-Ann DARED us!!!! Maybe that one should be out next buddy read!!!
I just finished Jezebel. I’m a little speechless right now. Yeah, imagine that. *snort* I need to let everything sink in before I attempt give my thoughts (I have both praises and complaints :?) but the short version of what I’m thinking is…
W. T. F.
No, seriously…what in the *actual* f&%k.
Di-Ann has it right. The twist I was sure I saw coming? HA!
Ride Steady is coming out later this month. Sounds good and saw an early positive rec for it.
I think the heat is melting my brain. I haven’t really read anything the last couple days.
Jeez, I think I clicked on about 5 samples from above. Samples for now because I’m buried in “must reads”.
Speaking of…is anyone interested in a YA buddy read and review of a couple of “fast-paced science fiction thrillers”? It’s listed on GR and I can give you the link if you like that genre. I’m going to jump on it even though I just finished a YA UF. Buddy reads are always fun and free books are funner. 😉
What is everyone reading?
Its so bad. I have salad stuff & fruit in fridge. Instead I feel like ice cream…….cause hot! After pizza and a pb hot dog, lol.
What’s good with pb? Chocolate. Umpqua chocolate pb ice cream is sooo good. But so bad 🙁
Chocolate pb ice cream rocks! What’s so bad about it? You get protein and calcium and the feel good rush of chocolate. 😉
BTW, where are you Bev that its so hot? I mean its pretty hot here I guess but I deal with the heat much better than I do with the cold.
Well if it has dirty in the title I have to click it! I’m in the mood for a Dirty Bad Savage!
On the west coast. It usually is not this hot, triple digits yesterday & just under today, this early. Just one of those mixed up years. It is suppose to drop next couple days.
I’m reading After Hours!!!!!! 🙂 What are you reading?
I’m the opposite of you Fabi. When people brag about sunshine all year long I shake my head and think “You poor people” lol.
I do enjoy summer just like a slower build to it.
It’s 90 degrees in Alabama right now but the humidity is at 100 degrees so the “Real Feel” is 102 according to my phone. You have NO idea how much I spend on anti-frizz hair crap per year!!! And….it doesn’t get cooler till mid November.
bev!!! Hot dogs are good with PB.
JUST HOT DOGS. no mustard. no onions.
Lauren I have very frizz prone hair. If I ever went anywhere too humid I think I’d be like Monica, lol.
Lol, Maryse, granted its not French fries and mustard. But I did it. So yeah can’t wait to see your new tbr list. Mmm Hmmm.
69 Bottles (by Zoey Derrick) books 1-3 are in a box set for $2.99. I have only ready #1 so far but it was good. I see above that #4 is out. I will have to get all caught up now! 🙂
Ooh!! French fries and malt vinegar!!! 😀
That’s all kinds of crazy hotness Nicole! It says M/M/F, M/F/M, M/F, F/M, M/M…dang!! 😛
What is everybody reading? Well…. I’m reading Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts). Loving it!!! THIS is why I read this blog every day – to find these gems I may have missed or new ones that get people talking.
That’s what I plan to do in Hawaii for 10 days – catch up on all the great ones I may have missed. Do not plan on looking for new releases – except the new KA, which I hope comes out during that time?
Anita Blake? ARGH!!! No idea what to think of that. After book 8 it was all the same thing (sex-a-palooza with every kind of animal shifter imaginable, including the SWAN for god’s sake). I will wait for someone else to tell me if it’s back to the old Anita feel. Even Edward is not enough to convince me, Michelle (although he is a great character). I want more Jean-Claude and Asher and more Micah and less Nathaniel….. what a train wreck that’s become.
Whoot!!! Just had a book in the mail. I had won it as part of a swag give away. Didn’t know what book I’d get. That was a nice surprise!
MichelleS, meant to start the first one yesterday. Just didn’t read.
Jean?? Hey, I found my copy of The Bronze Horseman. We should maybe do a buddy read sometime this summer. Anyone else too that hasn’t read it?
Less Micah. Less a lot of other men. Just… less. Though, did love Obsidian Butterfly. *grins* That was the last old Anita feel.
Bev, I agree. This year the weather is weird. Saturday I was cold and had a jacket on. Yesterday it hit 90s. Today it’s overcast with a chance of showers, but hot and humid. This is not natural!
Wicked Lovely was a DNF for me. *frowns* And it had FAIRIES! It lasted longer due to fairies, but when you are honestly rooting for the villain, not because it’s a great villain, but because the hero annoys the crap out of you, it’s time to end it. Onto Stephanie Plum. So far, she’s nuts!
Tessa, all of her friends and family are crazy. o_O
MichelleS, do you think KA took some inspiration from the Plum books when she wrote her Mystery man series?
Tessa hahaha rooting for the villain because “the hero annoys the crap out of you”. That’s toooo funny.
Bev, would love to buddy read that one. I think I’ve been putting it off because it’s so long.
I’m on the 2nd book of the Wild Side Series and I’m in love with Dair!!!
I have book two and should read it. Tell me how it is. *grins* I only read the first book. Loving One for the Money so far. Seriously cute. Not brilliant, but cute and fun. I’m grinning a lot.
There, actually updated Goodreads. I’m so behind on reviews. It’s got over ten books that need me to say I read them. eep!
I eat the hot dog.
Now everybody has to say eew!
Amy, come on. Eat one. Put extra stuff on it.
How can I resist Jezebel?!
Finishing Sweet Ache then looking at all the samples I have from this list & last book release list to decide on next read.
Just finished Amber to Ashes and OMG it was amazing! I cannot wait until the next book comes out. I of course searched the Internet all afternoon in hopes that the author will reveal the sequel date but nope, didn’t find a thing. Dying over here!
Tessa, I know you have read the KingPin books by J.L. Beck. She currently has a preorder for the complete series (Books 1-5) which has a new novel and a novella for $.99. It comes out the end of July. Great bargain for those that haven’t picked up this series!
I just finished Hold My Heart by Soto Esther M from your blog the other day. So good! I was pleasantly surprised, it was well written and has romance, suspense, and time travel. An omg at the ending too, will definatly grab the next book! Now I’m finishing Second Grave On The Left by Darynda Jones (really love this series so far), then on to Heartsick by Chelsea Cain. My Mom’s been bugging me for over a year to read that series and I’m in the mood for a thriller to switch it up and knock it off my tbr list. Lol!
P.S: If you like the Stephanie Plum series and wanna try something similar, I highly recommend Julie Moffet’s Lexi Carmichael series. I may even like it better, she’s super tech-y smart, but has no clue how to be social and runs into all sorts of trouble. Of course there’s humor, potential love interests, and really great side characters. Each book just gets better and better, the last 2 were my favorite!
OMG!!! The Story of Us by Dani Atkins is an ABSOLUTE MUST READ!!! It’s AWESOME!!! And oh the FEELS!!!!! I read it a couple months ago GAH I loved it
Her first book Then and Always was beyond amazing. It had the BEST twist I NEVER ever saw coming 🙂
Yes I one clicked a ton of what you posted 🙂 WHOHOO I love your Tuesday posts 🙂
Okay I should’ve purchased Jezebel yesterday when I saw it!!!
The e-book is gone from Amazon….I hope it comes back hmmmm going to investigate!
Kathy, I did like that one. I had to go to goodreads to remember, but the third one, I was thrown. I was expecting it to be more of the main characters. I wonder who the fourth book will be about.
Kim!!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN GONE???!!! *gasp*!!!
Everyone is STILL telling me I need to read that now.
Okay did I one-click it?
I DID one-click it!!! I have it.
Hmmm….I wonder why it’s gone?
MARYSE!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN BOOK FROZE???!!!*gasp*!!!
Tasha, I’ll have to look that up. Love Stephanie.
Kim, isn’t Then and Always a sort of alternate reality story, kinda like a what-if scenario? I don’t think I have very many alt-reality books or time travel books so it’s great to hear recs for them. And thank you Tasha for the time travel rec! 😀
You’re welcome Amy!! 🙂 Also just remembered I wanted to mention Tiffany Snow’s upcoming book, Power Play. I really loved the Kathleen Turner series and I know so many here did as well, but she posted the link to read the first chapter on her Facebook page and it was awesome! I Can’t wait until he end of June. So so many God ones to look forward to this month!
bev… I ate too many peanuts and don’t know which one to choose. LOL!!!!
I’m gonna be diplomatic and say Written in Red. That one has so many of us loving it, that it is safe.
*sneakily throws an FCH peanut*
You tried the PB hot dog Bev?!? Go YOU!!! I guess I’m next, huh? 😉
Okay, so here’s my thoughts on Jezebel…y’all probably know me well enough by now to decide whether my opinion is even worth the grain of salt it can be taken with. 😉 Soooo…my take is YES you should read it! I don’t mind some implausibility in my books but I didn’t like the loose ends it had, and I didn’t like that some things in the story were just not made clear or explained a little bit more in the end.
But…BUT the twist made up for all that. Holy crap, that ending. I was saying yesterday that I was pretty sure I had figured out what was happening (the twist), and I even started to feel a little indifferent towards the story near the end because I was right about it, but then BA-BAM!!! What happened was so WTF to me and was so NOT the ending I was expecting. If for nothing else about it, read Jezebel for that twist. 😉
Maryse, we all know I ditto Tessa and/or
BUT if you want to shake it up have your husband pick based on the covers. Might be fun.
Wait…Jezebel isn’t on Amazon any more?? What the heck?!?
Lol. Meant to do one pick of what John Green wrote. *sigh* probably don’t look at all cause don’t know what is all on there and know you like to go in blind.
I like that idea. Who knows what she’ll get if she does that. Also, she can’t offend anyone with it. It’ll be her husband’s fault.
Looking at covers, I’d be most intrigued by Pierced. I gotta get that and read it myself. I was intrigued based on the cover already.
Eleanor and Park…*such* a good book.
Dang, I’m gettin’ low on peanuts…
Tessa…the one by JC Mells? ‘Cause I give that one a big fat YES!! Niki started the series and is really liking it too. 😀
Was looking at some of the covers and trying to be objective. Lol. Hard.
I do think E&P has a really great cover either way, but having read it adds to it. Same with FCH. I like the way some of the colors pop and would catch my eye. But if the two guys are Logan & Mason then makes it better, cause I know it’s not what I would of guessed.
Have not read them but Pound of Flesh & The King definitely like those two.
Yeah. It looks good and you recommended it. I gotta get it and read it, 😀
Yay Tessa!!! They are really good…I think I will start the fourth one now even though there are so many awesome sounding books on this list 🙂
Oooo, thankfully, I 1-clicked Jezebel yesterday too. Wonder why they took it off Amazon…
Summer hols are fast approaching and I’m off to sunny Spain for 2 weeks. Anyone have any good recs for holiday reads? I’m saving RAP, MLND and LIW to read from the peanut list as they seem like good beach reads!
That should say EAP… stupid auto-correct
Michelle – you asked in another thread for recs to download for your vacation. Can’t find where that post is! You said PNR, UF, Historical, or whatever? So here’s a few…. (oldies but goodies in case you missed them like I missed Downside Ghosts):
The Nightwalkers, J. Frank
The King Trilogy, M. Pamfiloff
Elemental Mysteries, E. Hunter
The Pride Series, S. Laurenston
Jolie Wilkins series, HP Mallory
Iron Druid Chronicles, K. Hearne
Lord of the Isles, D, Mazzuca (trust me, just read this time travel, highland historical!!!)
Children of the Mist series, P. Quinn (my fave historical)
I am looking now to load up my Kindle for my trip too….
Amy – I looked on Amazon to try to snatch up Jezebel too and it was gone! Only the book was available for 17 bucks! dang – I missed out!
What a list….Gahhhhhhhhh!!!
Got Pierced today, so, that’s my next. Also Accidentally on Purpose trilogy is only 99¢ right now. If you haven’t read it *coughs* Maryse *coughs* get it and read. It cost the same amount as the first book. I have only read book one and loved it. I forgot there was more than one, so the trilogy is mine!
Bev, finished One for the Money. I liked it and it made me grin. The mystery was obvious. I met the main bad guy and knew the person did it, but that’s just me. I loved Joe. On Saturday I’m going back to the library, so I’ll get a few more.
Tessa – so you’re reading Stephanie Plum for the first time? I devoured them once upon a time – until the later books, that is. I am team Ranger all the way, BTW. Can’t wait to hear where you fall on that love triangle.
Accidentally on Purpose? 99 cents? 3 books? hmm……. maybe I need to add this to my beach reading? it was good???
Tessa, I’m glad you liked it. I always remembered the scene when she, um, borrows Joe’s truck. Then goes by him on the street.
AoP: I really liked it. It was all angsty and such. Oh, and if you haven’t read it, Burn for You by Ilona Andrews is on sale 1.99! That one was great too.
I haven’t met Ranger, but he’s not really that important in book one.
Hehehe. The commandeering was priceless! Loved the Nova too.
Oh, you’ll meet Ranger soon enough – and he becomes verra verra important! Hummmunahummuna – I even bought the dumb Bulgari Body Wash after reading the books so I could see what Ranger smells like. DORK ALERT.
MichelleS, I didn’t buy it but did stop by their counter to smell it once.
I have to say that I think I give the edge to Joe. But honestly not rabid either way–just want her to be.
So, do you think you will get a lot of time to read on your vacation?
Bev – when Joe got that dog, I was team Joe for a while. But all that waffling made me pick a side for her… she just never went along with my inner dialogue. It got old, so I gave up after 20 or so books (that, and the cars blowing up). Not sure if I will get to read. I need to spend 9 1/2 hours on a plane, so I am hoping to get a bunch read then. Maybe the audio versions?
MichelleS, it hurts my heart a bit not to still be reading them, but do think she created a fun and special world. I may have to do a re read of the first few sometime.
You could get some serious reading done in nine hours.:-)
I need to read today. Giving Maryse a hard time and it’s been a couple days for me.
I just was thinking I started to really comment sometime last summer and haven’t shut up since.
That is a lot of days, almost everyday.
Amy – TBR list is now exactly 2000! And you know what?? I can’t find anything I am in the mood to read!! Grr – I am now going to got though my TBR list until I find something….
Omg Paula, I think you beat Amy! I just hit the 700 mark and I was cringing, but I get it about not knowing what your in the mood to read……
I just downloaded the Kindle audible version of Downside Ghosts Book 2 – found out it won’t work on my paperwhite (no audio!!!) – so now I have to figure out how to listen to it with my phone! ARGH! I’m a tech dummy. But don’t want to “read read” on the plane – it always makes me a little sick.
Hey MichelleS, the Kindle app audio feature gave me a hard time. It would freeze up or skip on me. I think you’ll have much better luck using the free Audible app. The same audio books which were wonky for me on Kindle app worked great on the Audible app.
PS. You log in to the Audible app using the same credentials you use on Amazon and any audio books you’ve purchased are sitting in the app library
Finished Sweet Ache and was really good. Now I need another beach read. Ugh can’t decide on anything & I didn’t one-click Jezebel. That’s so weird it’s gone, haven’t seen that happen before. I do have After Hours, Father Found and The Virgin Romance Novelist…
The author for Jezebel says it it unavailable temporarily per her FB page. I got it before it was taken down but not sure I am in the mood for it – hate not being able to find a book when there are so many out there!
Cheryl – AFTER HOURS!!!! pick that one! Perfect beach read.
Anyone read A Pound of Flesh?? that blutb made me pre-order but now for the life of me, im scared opening the book o.O
Tessa, you read AOP?!?!? YAY!!! I *loved* the tummy clenching from that one. Believe it or not, I ended up feeling for and even liking the certain someone who the second book is about. And the third book? It’s the POV of who she ended up with, and it goes from AOP and even beyond. 😀
*whooping* Go Paula!!! Now I feel all pressured to get an up-to-date count of my books. 😕 Nahhhhh…I’m gonna continue believing that YOU hit the 2000 count first! 😛
LaurenB, does MLND mean My Life Next Door?? I absolutely LOVED that one. No over-the-top or unbelievable drama, just a couple of teens who are trying to make a go of things despite the family circumstances (his family is big and crazy awesome!). I fell in love with them and was giddy for them and hurt for them and… *sigh* I just loved it.
I am so *thrilled* that several of you are reading books that I’ve been lovin’ on for a while! Pierced, MLND, AOP…see, my recs aren’t always scary! Um, unless y’all didn’t realize I rec’d them and that’s why you tried or are trying them. 😉
I think AoP looks scary.
Yeah Amy 🙂 looks good and seems like the perfect beach read. I’m reading tairen soul series at the moment but my next read is def going to be pierced.
What’s AOP? And who is it by?
I really want something like the opportunist to read, one of my all time favs and I’m craving that kind of angst
AoP, Accidentally on Purpose, was good. Angsty good. I got the first one in an anthology and read it there. *grins* I didn’t even see your recommendation until the first time I said I read it. Then, I felt foolish.
Oh, nope. I’m wrong. Bought it in May, 2104. Geesh Maybe you did recommend it to me.
MichelleS After Hours, huh?! Ok, thanks!!!
Gah!!! Reading Amber to Ashes, so good so far!! So angsty!! I can’t take it!! Two hotties!!! The beginning gripes you and now I just want to read like a crazy and see how it all unfolds!!! Going to be a late night!! I just feel it!!
LaurenB…AOP is Accidentally on Purpose by LD Davis. Freaking delicious angst. It’s different from The Opportunist story wise (since you said you were craving that) but it will give your gut and heart a nice kick. 😉
Well, Tessa, now you HAVE to read it. ‘Cause I said. 😛
Okay Bev, I’ll give ya that and say you can be scared a bit by AOP…but it’s so much fun to read and get twisted up over!!
*sigh* Lisa, not helping my resolve here to wait until the sequel is out…
Here’s some more deals for y’all 😀
The Duchess War by Courtney Milan is FREE
Gage by Tess Oliver is FREE
Finding Allie by Meli Raine is FREE
Hate F*@k Part 1 by Ainsley Booth is FREE
My Fake Fianceby Helen Cooper is FREE
Chase the Dark by Annette Marie is FREE
A Shift in the Water by Patricia D Eddy is FREE
Guardian of Darkness by Kathryn Le Veque is FREE
Big Girl Panties by SJ Sawyer is FREE
Deadly Crush by Ashley Stoyanoff is FREE
V-Card by Alicia Michaels is FREE
Love All Out Part 1 by Alice Ward is FREE
To The Princess Bound by Sara King is FREE
Remembering Joy by Jenni Moen is FREE
Nashville by Inglath Cooper is FREE
The Noru: Blue Rose by Lola StVil is FREE
The Aqua Secret by LL Hunter is FREE
The Starborn Uprising & Ascension Box Sets by J Morrow are FREE
Diamonds & Desire by Angelita Gill is FREE
Unexpected Consequences by Jaye Cox is FREE
Come Back to Me by Cindy Stark is FREE
Born Grace by Aimee Davis is FREE
Skater Boy by Kay Manis is FREE
An Imperfect Circle by RJ Sable is FREE
The Dusty Chronicles Book 1 & 2 by BJ Sheldon are FREE
Bone Dry by Cady Vance is FREE
Tainted Energy by Lynn Vroman is FREE
Seducing Charlotte by Diana Quincy is FREE
Real Vampires Don’t Sparkle by Amy Fecteau is FREE
Ellie Jordan Ghosf Trapper by JL Bryan is FREE
Vengeance by KK Gould is FREE
Take Heart by Lauren Michelle Smith is FREE
Soul Rebel by CJ Pinard is FREE
Edgewood by Karen McQuestion is FREE
Meant for Her by Amy Gamet is FREE
Affected by Donald James is FREE
Marrow by Tarryn Fisher is .99
Prick by Sabrina Paige is .99
Alpha by Jasinda Wilder is .99
Lighter by Gia Riley is .99
Afraid to Fly by SJ Jennings is .99
Love Surfaced by Michelle Lynn is .99
Contrite by Kathy Coopmans is .99
That Boy by Jillian Dodd is .99
Hard by Cheryl McIntyre is .99
Catch My Fall by Ella Fox is .99
Luca’s Magic Embrace by Kym Grosso is .99
Bursting with Love by Melissa Foster is .99
A Shade of Kiev by Bella Forrest is .99
The Back-Up Series by AM Madden is .99
Forgiven by Rebecca Brooke is .99
She Writes Love by Sandi Lynn is .99
Project: Killer and Invincible by JL Beck are .99
Break in Two by MJ Summers is .99
The Novels of Loch Moigh Book 1 & 2 by Barbara Longley are 1.99
Pivot Point by Kasie West is 1.99
Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews is 1.99
Secrets of a Summer Night by Lisa Kleypas is 1.99
Mayhem by Jamie Shaw is 1.99
Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare is 2.99
Hey Cheryl, I had some peanuts thrown at me over that one the other day…doesn’t it look good?!?
*hee hee* Lee is scared… 😛
*hugs Michelle* Thank you!!
MichelleS THANK YOU! There’s a couple series on there I started and now can finish for free…yey excited! Lord of the Isles is completely new to me too and I love good time travel historicals!
Oh and Tessa 6 & 7 on my list above look like ‘us’ books 😉
wooooot! Thank you Michelle. I guess it’s time to go insane again. My TBR hasn’t hit 1000 yet. That Boy for 99 cents is a double wooot. I’ve had it on my want list, but haven’t clicked buy yet. Everyone who likes PNR, get Burn for Me if you can! It’s awesome and the authors are awesome writers. I’m overwhelmed!
Amy, I did read it! I just thought it was a goodie in an anthology, not a direct buy. Still, going to read the other two sometime this month. *can’t promise more than that!*
Secrets of a Summer Night!!! Start to a great series. What connects them is the friendship between a group of women. They are the wallflowers and decide to help each other. Very good.
Ditto Tessa on the Burn for Me. Great read.
Oh, Michelle, not only does Chase the Dark by Annette Marie look like one of our books, but OMG, I got it as a KU and then returned it by accident so I never got around to reading it. YEAH! MINE! A Shift in the Water by Patricia D Eddy looks angsty too. *grins*
Guardian of Darkness is a King John period book? Gotta grab that too. My favorite historicals are Henry VIII and Tudor years, King John’s years, and regency. So again, a thrill!
Bev, I think I read Secrets of a Summer Night. Not sure, as it’s been that many years, but I think I did and liked it. It sounds very familiar.
Oh well oops MichelleS haha I asked for books on kindle unlimited since I got the free trial for vacation and was super excited since I thought I could finish some series and get the historical for free and went to look up your recs and they are not KU 🙁 I’ve read or started the first six series but I might buy Lord of the Isles since that one sounds good!
Tessa, I grab anything by K Le Veque, she has some good stuff and yeah some cover unique time periods that you do not see a ton of.
It Happened One Autumn & The Devil in Winter are my two favorites in the series. Especially The Devil in Winter.
Michelle, I’m not sure how much you’ll be able to read but you could try scribd too.
Ok, I think I’m gonna do a Laura, lol. My tbr is getting crazy and I’m not reading that much.
So I need to go away and read x number of books. Then come back and be all “BAM” look what all I read.
KU books… Chase the dark is one, but who knows.
Trying to think, since I’ve read so many. Dead Spots by Melissa F. Olson is a Kindle Unlimited. I liked that one. Though, if you have the Margarita Gakis… read them! *grins* YA PNR goody, Gilded and Silvern by Christina Farley were super good. Also, it was Korean myth, so definitely different. Um, if you need more, I have to look more thoroughly. *grins*
Bev, I totally understand that. I actually try to read one from here, then a TBR. It helps me get through some, though… uh… it grows faster than I read!
Yes Then and Always is alternate reality story. It was awesome. What I thought wasn’t what occurred 🙂
The author says it will be back and be patient but gave no reason why it’s not available via E-book at this time. Feifi and I both could kick ourselves for not buying earlier…..she was on the movers & shakers list on Amazon hope this doesn’t mess things up, list wise, for her.
Thank you Michelle! That list is awesome! I love getting it and then I print it out and hand it to all my friends in work, so we all thank you!!
I recently read Edgewood from Michelle’s list above. It was pretty good. A YA UF. I’m looking forward to continuing the series.
I started Holy Ghosts last night. Wow, it starts with a bang. I’m not sure I’ve ever read a book where the MC starts out being so messed up.
Oh she is a MESS Fabi. Love it!!!
“Unholy Ghosts” lol sorry about that
I 1-clicked a ton from Michelle’s list, some of which are not my normal genre but sound intriguing like The Aqua Secret, Chase the Dark, and the Starborn Uprising & Ascension box sets! Now, finding the time to read them is another story!
Hey, isn’t it first line Thursday??
Here’s mine: “I felt eyes on me all through the grocery store.”. The Other Man….. R.K. Lilley……loving it!!!!!!!
Okay here’s mine!
“He’d stopped trying to bring her back.”
*waggled eyebrows* 😉
GUESS you guys!!!
It IS first line Thursday! 😀
“I was assaulted by the smell of exhaust and rancid garbage as I stepped off the bus.” ~ Becoming Calder by Mia Sheridan
Did ya see that, Jean? Yeah, thought you would be happy about it. 😉
*gasp* We don’t get to hear your first line too often Maryse! Except you aren’t playing fair. *pouting* You didn’t even say if it’s a newer release or not so I’m not playing!!
I’m gonna take my books and leave the sandbox now… 😛
Amy!!! It’s one of your peanut reads!!! *gasp*
*pulls Amy back in the sandbox and hands her a peanut butter hot dog… and a peanut butter marine *shudders at that one though*
YAY BEV!!!!! You tried my peanut butter hot dog, and therefore I’m eating… I mean reading your peanut read. 😉
Amy, You know this.
Happy Dance. You will LOVE them, Maryse.
Damn, you are right, we never get Maryse’s first line!!! What is it Maryse? I agree, not fair!!! But I’ll stay in the sandbox to find out!! Lol!!
Amy, I grinned like an idiot when I saw what you are reading! You are a good girl!
My guess is FCH based on Bev’s comment……. but I haven’t read it so I could be totally wrong! What is it?
I cheated and downloaded the sample. Eleanor and Park. One down from the peanut gallery.
The swish, swish sound of mop against tile has a soothing effect on my jittery body and I’m soon lulled into a rare and unusual state of inner calm.
-Pierced by JC Mells
It was a Friday night, two in the morning, and my two best friends were shrieking in drunken laughter behind me.
What’s worse, I figured it was E and P soley because I never read that line before. 😛
Jean, nope. That is Tessa’s love,lol. Her Mason.
Honestly, I would of loved to have met a Park at 16.
E&P!!!! (Even though I just recently read it, I didn’t recognize that first line). Hope you love it! It’s one that’s unforgettable for me!
Tessa, I have Pierced…..need to read that based on recs here!!!
YAY JEAN!!! Yes! Me. That is my very next read. Like tonight…
I should have known bev!!! You are the one who got me to read E&P and I know you have been STRONGLY recommending it on a consistent basis! Lol!
Oooo, I like that first line of FCH! Gotta read it…….
It’s not E&P first line is
XTC was no good for drowning out the morons at the back of the bus.
Think I may have to read that next
*slinks back to the sandbox*
Hang on (Tessa, you are totally saving me from pulling my hair)… *opens E&P and checks first line*
YAY!!!! Aw Maryse, I’m so glad you’re giving it a shot! But I forgot how foreboding that prologue is… 🙁
Ignore me it is the bit before chapter 1! Need more wine to think straight
Jean?! Did you read E&P.and I missed this?? Or forget(not a stretch)?
I feel like if something I loved is read I hound you for all the feels, lol.
Paula, it’s from the prologue. 😉 It’s such a good book!
Tessa!! Another one for Pierced! I can’t wait to hear what ya think of it. 😀
And Jean, I say you read BOTH Pierced and FCH as your next two books…er, I mean series ’cause they both have more than one book. They are both the kind of series where I remember sooooo much even though it’s been a while since I read them. You have to ’cause I’m reading one of your recs and I’m feeling bossy today! 😛
*giggle* Sorry Paula, I didn’t see your second comment…I’ll take some of that wine. 😉
Yep bev, read it and loved it!
Amy, you bossy???? No way, it can’t be!!!!! Impossible!
How about some sangria? I could go for that!
I think Fabi, MichelleS, & I are all reading the same book so this could be repeated.
“Had the man in front of her not already been dead, Chess probably would have tried to kill him.”~ Unholy Ghost by Stacia Kane.
Oh wait, I think I have the wrong Pierced. It’s by Sydney Landon….. that’s wrong right????
Peanut butter marine? Is that like a marine smothered in peanut butter or did I miss something?
I meant martini but HECK YEAH on the peanut butter marine!!!!! *snort*
Stupid autocorrect. AH well.. it still doesn’t beat Amy’s. 😛
LOL and I *shuddered* at the thought of a peanut butter “marine”? Er… I take that shudder back.
The peanut butter martini, on the other hand… *shudder*
A peanut butter marine??? LOL!!!! Didn’t you say something about some chocolate marines one time?
*whispering to Jean* I think Maryse has a thing for marines covered in yummy lickable stuff. 😛
Okay then…how about a peanut butter cup martini?
If you go to the RT convention in Vegas next year, I am SO taking you to the Hershey bar in NYNY and getting you a Reese’s peanut butter cup martini. So. Freaking. Yummy.
YES Amy!!! I wanna go SO bad!!! YAY US!!! We need to make it a group trip!!
Nothing beats Amy’s. Lol.
By the way, Amy, I saw something the other day and it reminded me of you.
Ooh Jean! Have you tried the Mountain Dew Sangrita Blast flavor? Next best thing to sangria when you can’t have the real thing in the middle of the day. 😉
That’s beautiful Bev!!! But…what made you link it to me? Is it ’cause it says SEX and begs to be rolled around in with a hot tatted man??
*pokes Jean* I’m buggin’ you again…the Pierced I was talking about that Tessa is reading is by JC Mells.
Oh wait…I missed the blanket cave part. YES, that is a dream blankie cave!!
I still stand by the sex blankie cave idea though. 😛
Um….no. lol. But good to know fairy lights & pink floral prints do it for you.
Note to self, Do not visit a Laura Ashley with Amy.;-)
It was on a list of book nooks.
I love that blankie cave!
No Amy, haven’t tried the Mountain Dew sangria. I just had an apple one recently with slices of apples and strawberries in it…so yummy!!
Damn, I have the wrong Pierced!
So many of us are reading peanut reads (or derivatives of). It’s so cool!
So many good recs! I already said, next time I go to the library, I’m getting Eleanor and Park due to the recs.
I’m on chapter 28 of Pierced. Great and I see the similarity of characters between Downside Ghost and Pierce. Both are messed up.
Amy, I need drinks that go with whipped creamed vodka or watermelon vodka without soda or citrus fruit/ juice in it! Any ideas?
Amy you are making me lose money! I had to buy Pinked right away because Pierced was so good.
Bev *waves* Bev I’m still here!!! I’m on umm magic strikes maybe? The fourth Kate Daniels maybe 5th I don’t know I just keep going!! Guess what people it’s bloody 21 degrees in Glasgow Scotland yes Scotland today can u believe it and gues what!!! I’m burnt yes it’s inevitable
*waves* at Laura. Him guessing that’s celsius.
Amy… you are wanted in the ghost post. 😉 LOL!! The “ghost post”. There is a threat of peanuts. AT both of us!!!
Oooh Maryse, how fun would a group trip to RT be?!? And in Vegas of all places! If I’m not mistaken it is going to be at the Rio, so it looks like I’m making some reservations here soon! *happy wiggle dance*
Tessa, give me a few and I’ll find a drink for ya. And I’m so giddy that you liked Pierced!! Don’t forget the #1.5 novella that takes place before Pierced…not absolutely necessary to read but still good. Pink… *swoony sigh* Yeah, I fell pretty hard for him. 😉
Oh crap…we’re under peanut attack and I didn’t even know it! Heading over to the ghost post now…
I had to look up what 21 degrees Celsius was in Fahrenheit. *grins* So… 70 degrees, that’s warm? *shakes head* I gotta move to Scotland for the weather alone. Lucky Laura. She is only on the fifth book, so she gets even more new goodness out of the series.
Yeah Amy! Good luck on the drink. I saw the 1.5 but the author said to read it after Pinked, so I will!
Jean you print out my lists! Oh lord they probably are like, what are some of these books – do they have similar reading tastes? I noticed from last summer (when I started seriously making time to find deals) that a lot of the books I grab for free are new authors or just before the book gets popular so some of them end up being good little finds.
Mountain Dew Sangria is awesome! I just had it the other day and loved it 😀
I haven’t even finished half of Firelight yet…work has been insanely busy. Vacation here I come, I’m soooo ready!!
Tessa…do you have club soda or any kind of lemon-lime pop? How about cream or chocolate liqueur?
And I’m glad you saw to read it after Pinked…I got it confused with UTEOTW where the novella can be read after book 1. So, I guess it’s #2.5…
No “pop” at all. Allergies. All sodas have an acid in them, so I can’t drink them without severe pain. Same with lemons and limes. All citruses cause pain. Club soda, though… I don’t have but I can check the ingredients to see if it does. Chocolate liqeur… I need to buy some! 😀
First line: “I heard the sign before I saw it, bent metal rattling in the breeze as my car rounded a curve.” After Hours by Cara McKenna.
Have to add other “peanut” reads to my tbr- E&P and FCH.
And yes Amy the cover for After Hours is yummy!!
Ouch, Tessa. That doesn’t sound fun. I don’t drink so really do not know any but saw this. If your in a party mood, lol.
All of a sudden I just remembered a book I read in my young teens. It’s the sobbing I remember, just ugly cry. I was laying on my living room floor, reading & crying, when my best friend showed up. She was like what is wrong!!! Lol.
Anyway the title just popped into my head. Say Goodnight, Gracie. Did anyone ever read this?
Tessa, I read Escaped as book 2 before Pinked because I think there are a few things that would be confusing at the end of Pinked that were explained in Escaped!! On to #4 for me 🙂
Just finished Pinked, and I like the twist. I taske itthat is what is explained in Escaped?
Bev, non alcoholic that looks yummy and pretty! Never heard of the book, but it does look sad.
Aw Tessa, that’s terrible. No wonder you said no citrus juice. If it is carbonic acid that affects you then yes, club soda has it…something to do with the chemical reaction of water and carbon dioxide (can’t believe I remember that from chemistry!). Here’s a quick recipe with cranberry juice (I hope you can use that) and you can just omit the lime juice.
Most recipes from the sites I usually visit had actual watermelon juice/fruit and not watermelon vodka. For the whipped cream vodka…do you want something creamy or just a regular cocktail? Oh, and there is some GOOD stuff that happens in Perfect. *waggles eyebrows* SOMEone is all beast. Just sayin’. 😛
Bev, I remember hearing about that one! I haven’t read it but I’ve heard it’s pretty heartbreaking…in other words, perfect for me. 😉
Bev, nope, but it does seem sad. Heart-wrenchingly so.
Amy, that one looks good, though I found a simple one on that site. (I feel foolish for not going to smirnoff’s site). Just pure cranberry juice and watermellon vodka. Yummy! I rarely drink, (takes me a two years to go through one bottle) but darn it, I want yummy when I do. For whip cream vodka, just to get an idea, I drink it straight and swish it in my mouth to get the flavor. *grins*
Perfect someone’s a beast huh? Awesome. I’m giving my card a rest because I found Dark Debt! I haven’t read it still. I bought it, got excited, and forgot to add it to a collection. :/ Ooops?
Okay, I have like 5 minutes to check in – in full tourist mode in Maui and trying to get some reading in. That part I can do – the reading part. On the beach or at the pool. It’s the “on the computer” part that is hard. Hardly ever in my room. So anyhoo….. what did I miss? No one reading anything new an exciting? Looks like everyone picked from the Peanut List. I tried Love in Rewind for my plane ride and pool time. Maybe because it was an audio book, I don’t know, but it was so cheesy I was dying of embarrassment. The guy doing his part sounds like he’s way too old and trying too hard with the deep voice. I guess I am not a fan of audio books!!!
I think I may just go with E&P (that should make Bev happy).
So jealous MichelleS… have a great trip!
I started the Fallen Crest series!!!!
Very happy. But Maui. That’s so awesome. Love my books but way rather be playing tourist somewhere. Have a great time.
Have a wonderful time, MichelleS!! 😀
JEAN!!! FINALLY!! I love Sam’s character and how she outwardly is like “screw y’all” when people are being a$$es and yet at the same time shows her vulnerability through her inner thoughts. She’s tough but not obnoxiously so, ya know? And Mason…ohhhhhhh Mason. 😛
Jean, you’re always reading one of my hot list books. Let me know how you like it. I need to quit putting it off.