<—- Today’s latest releases (like this highly anticipated, potential tearjerker ;)), and a bunch of ’em caught my eye, but one really stands out right now, after I read the synopsis—> Sleeping in Eden: A Novel (for it’s darker tone – although I’m not sure if I like already knowing the outcome, from the synopsis. Who knows. Maybe something will surprise me. I’m sampling it.) And oh! Also Meant to Be ’cause while I’ve read this kind of thing before, I can’t help but love these, if done right. Oh and also Dangerous to Know & Love (’cause it sounds right up my alley, and a few are exclaiming great things about it).
Oh and… 😉 Yeah I better stop now. There are at least 4 more down there that I’m going to sample…
Okay so my current TBR list is a bit scattered, as I’ve been “taste testing” here and there. Maybe by Friday I’ll have a nice solid TBR list again. For now, I scrolled back again to one of my older TBR lists and pulled out a book I’ve been intending on reading forever. Heaven and Hell —-> I purchased this one over a year ago and am finally getting to it. Kristen Ashley feels like “home” to me, and like usual… does she know how to start a book, or what? That is the one of my many favorite things about this author. She hooks you into a story right from the start, and I immediately bond with the heroine.
Also!! I wanted to highlight this temporarily bargain priced book. The Sea of Tranquility: A Novel by Katja Millay is one of my very favorite books in the whole wide world, and it’s on sale right now!! (check out my review)
Okay… on to this week’s latest book releases!
- Take it Like a Vamp (Entangled: Covet) by Candace Havens
- A Sprinkle of Magick by Tina Proffitt
- Paradise Damned (The Descent Series) by SM Reine
- Embrace the Fire (Crimson Romance) by Spring Stevens
- Dare (The Vampire Kind) by Paige Ryan <— sounds good, this one. Vampire? Meets sad human?…
- Drink Divine (Drink Divine Trilogy) by Aryn Cordner <— historical but also sounds fun. She meets Gabriel (not entirely human…)
- Bad Mouth (Entangled: Covet) by Angela McCallister
- Tarnished (Silver) by Rhiannon Held
- Midnight’s Kiss: Part 2 (Dark Warriors) by Donna Grant
- Ashes of the Day (Children of Night) by P.G. Forte
- The Dark Lord by Patricia Simpson
- Lash (Broken Angel) by L.G. Castillo —> this one was released a week or so ago, but I think I missed it, and now it’s on super sale!! (thanks Aimee! You’re right, it does look interesting. What a gorgeous cover!)
- Cautious (Sequel to Disastrous) by E.L. Montes
- Rebecca’s Lost Journals, Volume 4: My Master by Lisa Renee Jones <— “it’s Rebecca turn to claim control and set the limits in her relationship.”
- Stealing Harper by Molly McAdams <— Chase’s POV from Taking Chances, so… you know… I wanna read it but… I dunno. You know? Yah, those of you that read #1 know. 😉
- Shatter (A Seaside Novel) by Rachel Van Dyken
- Tangled (The Tangled Series) by Emma Chase –> Twin says: “… a lot of people have been comparing it to Wallbanger and it is getting great reviews.”
- Dangerous to Know & Love by Jane Harvey-Berrick <– Andrea says: “There is a crazy twist that you won’t see coming, but will suck you in deep!”
- Beneath the Beauty by Skye Warren
- Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye <— just re-released with the new updated cover. I know a bunch of you were looking for this book recently and it was down temporarily (I had put it at the top of my “favorite short stories list“), but it’s up again!
- Love In Darkness (Shattered Castles) by E.M. Tippetts
- Trophy Husband by Lauren Blakely
- The “What If” Guy (Entangled: Edge) by Brooke Moss
- NO MORE BUTTERFLIES by Claire Smith
- Love, but Never (Never #1) by Josie Leigh
- Missing Pieces (Crimson Romance) by Mollie Kate Gray
- My Life With Rock Stars (Red Velvet Series) by Kelly Faulk
- The Hardest Thing: A Dan Stagg Mystery by James Lear
- Holding On by Stephanie Tyler <— SEALS!
- Fall From Love by Heather London <— oh! bf is killed in a ski accident grief, guilt, healing and a secret revealed…
- Double Vison by Tamara Clarke
- The Way You Look Tonight by MacKenzie Taylor
- My One and Only by MacKenzie Taylor
- Climbing Heartbreak Hill by Joselyn Vaughn
- Sleeping in Eden: A Novel by Nicole Baart <— whoa. This one looks darkish-creepy and so good. Costly, though. I’m sampling it!
- The Temporary Wife: A Forever Love Story (InterMix) by Jeannie Moon <— billionaire needs a wife!
- Then, Again by Karen Stivali
- Unsinkable: A Novel by Nicole Bradshaw
- Meant to Be (An Anchor Island Novel) by Terri Osburn <— ruh roh. She has panic attack, gorgeous stranger helps her, and she realizes he’s her fiancé’s brother…
- One Night With a Billionaire (Novella): The Perfect Man by VickiLewis Thompson
- The Cupcake Diaries: Taste of Romance by Darlene Panzera
- Afterglow: (Intermix) by Catherine Coulter
- Aftershocks (Revised): (Intermix) by Catherine Coulter
- Trying Not To Love You (Love Series) by Megan Smith
I read Taking Chances almost a year ago and it’s the only book that devastated me so much that I still hurt when I scroll past it on my kindle. So nope, not ready to read Chase’s POV yet! Not ready at all!
Right!!?? I dunno… I have that same feeling you do. 😐
Same here on Stealing Harper, I just don’t think I am ready for that kind of “pain” again.
I’m with you ladies on Stealing Harper…my chest tightens just thinking about taking chances. I was devastated for days….
Hey I don’t know who knows this or not but Shelly Crane and few other authors are donating the proceeds of their book sales to the devastation that has happened in Moore, OK. I thought it would be nice to get this out there…Good luck!!
So I went ahead and picked up Stealing Harper and while Taking Chances rocked my world and made me UGLY cry I feel more prepared for Stealing Harper. Of course I might feel completely different once I start reading it. I also picked up the reduced priced Sea of Tranquility. This one has been on my TBR list for a long time.
Maryse…..I am still so upset over Taking Chances, but more than sad I’m still MAD, like……why????? I think I’m going to wait on reading Stealing Harper too.
I finished Tangled last night, it came out a little early, and I LOVED it! I recommended it to all my friends, to me it felt like Seduction and Snacks meets Beautiful Bastard, and those were both books I adored. It had me laughing out loud and cringing all at the same time. The whole book is from Drew’s POV and it was wonderfully enlightening. Definitely one of my all time favorites!
Maryse – you will L-O-V-E Heaven and Hell. K. Ashley NEVER disappoints. Its was my favorite.
Someone just emailed me saying that exact thing. She told me Heaven and Hell was her favorite of them all. YAY ME!!!!
Maryse, I still can’t bring myself to read Taking Chances because of all of the chatter about this book…I don’t even know why I’m scared because I haven’t read spoilers but…I am. Heaven and Hell was really good; I’ve never met a KA book that I didn’t like. Tangled has me intrigued. I might start Allure next. Can’t wait to see what grabs you…what are the chances of finding another Sweet Thing or Unbeautifully? Sigh. 🙂
Thanks Maryse, just got Heaven and Hell.
Still can’t get Sea of Tranquilty on Amazon.com for less then 13.65….where is the sale?
Hi! Just wanted to share that Skye Warren’s Beauty #1 (Beauty Touched the Beast is free today on Amazon!!! Just stumbled on it after checking out the list.
It is so nice to know that my reading feelings about books are the same as others. I was so disturbed by Taking Chances that I can NOT bring myself to think about Stealing Harper. Honestly, I don’t think I ever will.
I have heaven and hell on my kindle so maybe I’ll read that next. Just finishing up Allure right now. Very emotional read for me, but I feel good about where it’s going so I think I’ll be ok!
I agree, just thinking about Taking Chances breaks my heart all over again. I can’t put myself through that again. However, I have been going back and forth about reading Heaven and Hell. I love Kristen Ashley, so I think that’s going to be my next read…
Ohhh Sadie you reminded me. Allure is next on my TBR list, too!!! YES.
Renate, the sale is on Amazon but I think only for the US store… You’re in Canada, right?
Jaime – is it 4 stars for you or more?
KA is home for me too. When I don’t know what to read I always turn to her. You will love Heaven and Hell, I think it was my favorite of hers. Speaking of… Maybe I’ll go find a good KA book I haven’t read. 😉
I just purchased Sea of Tranquility for $3.99 (Amazon Kindle)! Thanks for the info! Haven’t read Taking Chances….but I agree with Sadie, everyone’s comments has me scared! (Still need to read Arouse and Allure, but downloaded them last week)! Too many books, so little time!
I haven’t read “Taking Chances”. Maybe I should read it, then “Stealing Harper”. Thennnnn “Tangled” to pull myself out of my sad fund. That’s my reading and mental health strategy for this new group of yummy books.
Have you read any of Shannon McKenna’s books? I just finished “Blood and Fire”. I highly recommend it. Romance, mystery and lots of action.
I REFUSE to read Stealing Harper. I didn’t care for the author’s way of story telling and I didn’t like Harper. AT ALL. Brandon, by description, is my “type” but Chase won me over as the story went on and i swooned for him despite my dislike for Harper. I almost stopped reading after *that part* but I can’t abandon a story, although in hindsight I should have gone with that instinct. After *it* happened, my dislike for harper grew to hatred and i started skimming. When i did read, i rolled my eyes so much i thought they’d get stuck up there. This story angered me so much, I doubt I’ll read anything by this author again.
I’m actually reading a KA book as well to get be out of my book funk after reading Unbeautifully.. Im not reading Stealing Harper, we all know how it’ll end and I refuse to put myself through that heartache (unless Ashton Kutcher pops out and says we’ve been Punk’d).
Oh good, Maryse! We can read Allure together. I just read the first one a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Love the way this author writes. Just finishing up Beautiful Bastard, and will start Allure tonight!
Maryse, Allure was definitely 4 stars for me and had i not read it right after Unbeautifully maybe even a little bit more! It’s just so hard for any book to live up to the feelings someone like Ripper gives me, but Dean did a pretty good job! I just love that guy. He feels real to me. The whole series feels real which is why I love it so much.
I read Heaven and Hell last week and LOVED it! I’m pretty sure KA never ever disappoints. I’m actually rereading The Gamble right now. I am ready for Stealing Harper though. I’m diving in. Gulp.
ok I just went through my highlighted parts of Allure and Dean is totally swoon worthy. I don’t want to give anything away, but some parts are just perfect. I equally love Liv too which doesn’t happen often. Can’t wait to see where the story takes this couple next!
You rock, Maryse! Thank you for including HiD! xoxo!
I just want to share this its free today https://www.amazon.com/Off-Limits-ebook/dp/B00CD6KQSK/ref=pd_cp_kstore_0
Heaven and Hell was my first KA book and will always remain my favourite. Maryse I hope you love it as much as I did. 🙂
Thanks so much, Maryse, for including me on the list 🙂 (This is my “author” talking, but my “voracious reader” is groaning at the sudden expansion of my TBR, lol).
I read “Take it like a Vamp” I loved it Kinda funny.:)
I am so excited! I just noticed that you mentioned Hearts in Darkness is available again on Kindle – thanks Maryse! I had been looking and waiting for this one for a while and it wasn’t available! Also, thanks everyone for all the KA recommendations! (I’ve got an even LONGER TBR list now)!
Maryse, you are right Hearts in Darkness is definitely a keeper for a short story. Would really like a sequel to it to see how things are going.
I just finished Tracks (Rock Bottom). Really enjoyed. The heroine
was a little naive but the story line was pretty gritty. Think you would like.
I saw someone say they were going to read Taking Chances, Stealing Harper & then Tangled to get them out of the funk. I just finished Tangled (read in a day) and it should definitely do the trick. I LOVED this book! 5+++++ stars! It was hilarious & so refreshing to hear it from the guy’s POV – there are other books like that out there, but not many.
Please put it on your TBR list, if it isn’t already!
I’m 59% with Stealing Harper…and I can’t continue! I’m starting to cry eveb before well, y’know.
I feel the same way. I am so desperate for something good to read, yet knowing what i know about Chase & Harper’s story, i just can’t bring myself to read it. I have “sampled” 20-25 books in the past month & haven’t found anything really good. Waiting for the conclusion of Eva & Gideon’s story & Ella & Micha’s next book…i just haven’t found anything that made me FEEL (u guys know what i’m talking about-that feeling u had reading Ana & Christian’s story & Travis & Pigeon’s story). I wanna feel something again for a book/character/couple.
I wish she has written Brandon’s POV story rather than Chase’s.
Have you read REAL by Katy Evans? I felt plenty for those characters. There was something about the ending that didn’t quite feel right to me, but other than that, I couldn’t put it down.This is the first time I haven’t been able to pinpoint what was off in a book. I love how the couple communicates through music 🙂
Just finished Tangled, such a fun read! Drew is just awesome!
Lauren, I was going to say the same thing as Angela. Have you read Real? I loved it!!
Stealing Harper was great – just finished it last night. It made me fall in love with Brandon and Chase all over again. While it is sad because you know what is going to happen *sob*, I was much better prepared this go around.
Thanks for posting information about Lash (Broken Angel)! You’re the best, Maryse! 🙂
I just finished Heaven and Hell and like all her books it was awesome! I love Sam!! But I do love all Kristen Ashley’s men!!
Thanks everyone! I’ve added Heaven & Hell to my list!