“When he touched me, my body sang. My soul came alive.
But I belonged to another man, and he didn’t want to let me go…”
Happy NEW RELEASE DAY!!!! It’s that BIG LIST time again, and I’m super-excited about quite a few below, and one of ’em seems to only be available on audiobook, and I MUST read it. Er… listen to it. Sounds right up my (our) creepy love story alley, and I have a feeling many of you will agree. 😉
In fact, lemme tell you my blurb jolt list right now! I can’t contain myself over this one: The One (sci-fi yes, but totally my kind of sci-fi… ’cause there’s a genetic test that can determine who your soulmate is, and everyone is getting it done, except that some soulmates have creepy secrets. Ooooooooooh!!!!). LOL! And of course that one up there to the left (The Queen and the Cure which is the sequel to The Bird and the Sword), Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine (sounds quirky and fun! And she spends to much time chatting with her mom, and I could so relate. LOL!), The Light We Lost (sounds poignant and tragic as they experienced a traumatic event together, and the love story that ensues), and It Happens in the Hamptons (sounds like a juicy nighttime soap!!). And What’s a Soulmate? in the bargain section!! Oh boy that’s going to be a fun read (she just found her soulmate, and he’s behind bars!!) YIKES! I also highlighted a bunch more below, like Tease (Temptation Series Book 4) by Ella Frank ’cause I KNOW so many here were waiting for that one!!! 😉 SURPRISE!!!
P.S. Tasha is both bookly-excited and overwhelmed and also sort of gave us her blurb-jolt list!!!
Tasha: I’m so looking forward to The Queen and the Cure, Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine, and The Light We Lost…A few weeks from now there’ll be even more goodies out and I’ll be clumsily trying to catch up as much as I can. AND then it’ll be summer break so of course the kids will want to go to the pool and the park and this sport practice/game, that sport practice/game, camp, vacations, barbecues, family boating trips, grad parties, yada, yada, yada. And I can finally read when…when…hmmmm LoL, I’m not overwhelmed or stressed at all.
Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s earlybirds (15 Earlybird Book Releases), AND my latest 4.5 star review ➔ Book Review – The Gravity of Us by Brittainy C. Cherry (it was awesome!!)
Jean: Yay Maryse! I’m so glad you loved it! And yes, I wanted to b*tch slap a couple people too! Great review! You do have to go back and read the others in this series you haven’t read. They are all awesome in their own way!
Carly: Sounds amazing. I was prepared to click away, price be damned ….and then I see it’s on kindle unlimited (UK anyway). Now to convince the devil she really does want to go to bed so I can start
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Complicated by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY ALERT!! NEW & ONLY AVAILABLE IN AUDIOBOOK (for now…). I’m posting it again in case anyone missed it last week (and it’s #1 on Amazon in all of the romance audiobooks!)
Sherida: I Just started on the new audiobook “Complicated“. I love it but i so want it to be a normal kindle too. I love curling up in a corner with my kindle. Oh well. I’ll just have to take a lot more long hot baths to finish it.
Maryse: Sounds torturous. 😉
- Deadmen Walking: A Deadman’s Cross Novel by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Until You: At First Sight, Book 3 by T.J. Klune
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine: A Novel by Gail Honeyman
- Going in Deep: Billionaire Bad Boys, Book 4 by Carly Phillips
- The One by John Marrs <— YOU CAN DO A GENETIC TEST TO FIND YOUR SOULMATE! OH MY!!! I want to read this badly! Or I suppose listen to it because it seems to be only available on audiobook. “A decade after scientists discover everyone has a gene they share with just one other person, millions have taken the test, desperate to find true love. Now, five more people meet their Match. But even soul mates have secrets. And some are more shocking – and deadlier – than others….”
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Accidentally on Purpose 6 Book Box Set by L.D. Davis <– ANGSTY SERIES BUNDLE IS STILL SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED!
Mary Ann: Not only is this a great deal but great books to read. Accidentally on Purpose is a favorite of mine. And the other books are just as good.
- Commitment by Nia Forrester <— THIS WHOLE SERIES IS MUCH LOVED by a few of our fellow readers (and picky ones, at that!!). Marion AND Jan LOVE this author (and this series). I am so excited to read this…
Marion: I loved how real and flawed the characters were in Commitment and Unsuitable Men. Nia speaks truth because relationships are very rarely sunshine and roses from begining to end…There are a lot for grey areas!
Jan: Thank you Maryse for helping to share the Nia Forrester love! I hope some blog readers out there find these books now and get as much enjoyment from them as me. 😀
- Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher <— HUGE NETFLIX HIT!!! Okay so it’s the TV show we’re loving, but it IS also a book!
Tasha: Gah!! Did you hear…13 Reasons Why is coming back for a second season!
Amy: I still can’t bring myself to watch it. The book was beautifully tragic and I don’t want it spoiled by the Netflix series, as great as I know it has to be from all of the buzz. …I just have to ask though…in the TV series, did he play the other side of the last tape, side 14? Did it have those two heartbreaking words? Gah, I’m gonna cry now…
I guess I was just content with the amount of info and the overall arc in 13 Reasons, and I feel like any more than that would take away from the focus of Hannah. Does that make sense? Or am I sounding like a total book snob? Come on, you know you can be honest with me…
Tasha: You guys are missing out! Just try it, eveybody’s doing it. (Is my peer pressure effective at all?) I couldn’t watch all at once, but I did watch them within a weeks time. I’m drawing a blank on that Amy, I also didn’t read the book so…msg me on goodreads the two words and I’ll tell ya if I remember.
Nay: Amy–I also thought the Netflix 13 Reasons was fantastic, and my two oldest sons watched it and also thought it was great. But none of us have read the book, and I read that the series and the book differ in many areas. They added A LOT of drama with the friends for the Netflix series, and they also changed the way certain things happened. So since you read the book and parts of the series are so different, you may enjoy them for different reasons. (I hate to say ‘enjoy’ because of the subject matter, but you know what I mean!)
- Try (Temptation Series Book 1) by Ella Frank <— ELLA FRANK M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! So many went CRAZY for this one, and it’s ON THE LIST TODAY ’cause the continuation just went LIVE (below!!)
- Silence Fallen (A Mercy Thompson Novel) by Patricia Briggs <— RECENT RELEASE FEEDBACK and Tessa loved it!
Tessa: …finally finished Silence Fallen. SOOOOO good. I think it was one of the better ones from her, and I loved how the story was told. Just pure good.
- SNOW: Stories of Forbidden Love <— SUPER-BARGAIN ANTHOLOGY ALERT!! “One cabin. Sixteen stories of forbidden love…”
- What’s a Soulmate? by Lindsey Ouimet <— SHE JUST MET HER SOULMATE, BUT HE’S BEING BEHIND BARS ALERT!! And it’s super-bargain priced right now! “Libby is smart, organized, and always has a plan for what’s coming next. So when she sees Andrew for the first time and her world is instantly filled with color, she’s thrown for a loop. Namely because he’s in a dingy grey jumpsuit. And handcuffs. And being booked into a juvenile detention facility. Surely a boy who’s been convicted of a headline-making, violent crime isn’t who she’s meant to be with. There’s no way she belongs with someone like that…right?“
- AMAZON ECHO SALE!!!! I have one and I LOVE it. I use her (“Alexa”) for so much… she’s even my alarm clock! But I must admit she’s a bit creepy when she starts talking in the middle of the night. Oh sure, she’s answering the TV ’cause she thinks she heard her name, and she’s trying to figure out what they’re asking her, but still…
- The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles Book 2) by Amy Harmon <— AMY HARMON SEQUEL TO THE BIRD AND THE SWORD ALERT!!!!!
Jean: I finished The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon today and it was AMAZING! YOU MUST READ IT! It was magical, mesmerizing, spellbinding!
Jean: Hey, for those of you that read The Bird and the Sword, I saw Amy Harmon posted an update on GR that she will be doing a book about Kjell! …every single Amy Harmon book rocks my world!!
Tasha: so ready for The Queen and the Cure (preordered..check!)
Kandace: I’m tapping my fingers while waiting for Amy Harmon’s release tomorrow.
- Ravenheart (Crossbreed Series Book 2) by Dannika Dark <— DANNIKA DARK ALERT!!! ROBYN LOVES EVERYTHING SHE WRITES!!!
Robyn: Apparently Ms. Dark released Ravenheart early! It’s on Amazon now and I just clicked it! So excited, I love everything she writes.
- Deadmen Walking by Sherrilyn Kenyon <— SHERRILYN KENYON ALERT!! THE SEA WITCH & THE DARK WAR LORD! “…Bane takes command of a crew of Deadmen and, together, they are humanity’s last hope to restore the gates and return the damned to their hell realms. But things are never so simple. And one of Bane’s biggest problems is the ship they sail upon. For the Sea Witch isn’t just a vessel, she’s also a woman born of an ancient people he wronged and who in turn wronged him during a centuries long war between their two races— a woman who is also sister to their primary target...”
- Tangled: A Dark Protectors Novella by Rebecca Zanetti
- Marked by Love: A Zodiac Shifters Paranormal Romance: Taurus by Rosalie Redd
- Precursor (Suoja Guild Book 1) by AJ Anders
- Charmed Wolf (Wolves of Whiskey Hollow Book 1) by Lia Davis
- The Rose and the Beast (The Rose Saga Book 4) by Ella Frost
- Trustworthy by Astrid Amara <— M/M SCI-FI ROMANCE ALERT!! “Trust Agent 505 may not remember who he was before he worked security for Trust Insurance, but now his prisoner thinks he knows him. This revolutionary named “Mack,” who has stolen one of Trust’s prized possessions, seems to think Agent 505 is named “Ivo,” someone from his past. Someone he once loved more than anyone on any of the inhabited worlds...”
- Witch & Famous (A Westwick Witches Cozy Mystery): Westwick Witches Cozy Mysteries Series by Colleen Cross
- Spinning Time: a time travel romance by D.F. Jones
- Blaze: Volume 1: A Dragon Romance (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- Blood Kissed (The Lizzie Grace Series Book 1) by Keri Arthur <— KERI ARTHUR ALERT!!!
- Flame Road (Scorch Series Romance Thriller Book 5) by Toby Neal and Emily Kimelman <— POST APOCALYPTIC ALERT!!! “…A traumatized woman awakens in the woods with no idea who she is or how she got there, and no way to survive. Lost and vulnerable, she is easy prey until Cash and his giant bear dog, Tiny, offer her protection… and a nickname, Sunshine…“
- Seduced by the Sea Lord (Lords of Atlantis Book 1) by Starla Night
- Mermaid Aboard by Louise Cypress
- Welterweight (Hallow Brothers Book 1) by Tricia Andersen <— PARANORMAL MMA FIGHTER ALERT!!
- Magical (The Mystical Trilogy Book 3) by Michael Weekly
- Blessed Curse by Nancy Sartor <— THEY CAN FEEL EACH OTHER’S PAIN... “...a group of children so closely bound that they experience each other’s emotional and physical pain. And they have the power to affect others. …At twenty-six, tormented by a darker facet of her past, Jorie abandons love along with the desire to ever be a mother. The act plunges herself and the remaining Six into anguish, and it is all for naught. She is already pregnant with Logan’s child. When her father’s death forces her back to her hometown, she goes alone…”
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine: A Novel by Gail Honeyman <— AWESOME REVIEWS ALREADY!!! LOL I just read the blurb and I laughed. Even my mom laughed when I read the blurb to her (’cause of the “phone chats with mummy” part – of me it’s FaceTime chats, but you get the picture). “Meet Eleanor Oliphant: She struggles with appropriate social skills and tends to say exactly what she’s thinking. Nothing is missing in her carefully timetabled life of avoiding social interactions, where weekends are punctuated by frozen pizza, vodka, and phone chats with Mummy…“
Tasha: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine is so mine tomorrow. In fact, I may read her first. I love these editorial reviews
- Just One Touch: A Slow Burn Novel (Slow Burn Novels) by Maya Banks
- Making It Right (A Most Likely To Novel Book 3) by Catherine Bybee
- Worship Me (Men of Inked Book 7) by Chelle Bliss
- Kilt Me (A Real Man, 12) by Jenika Snow
- Real Dirty (Real Dirty Duet Book 1) by Meghan March <— COUNTRY STAR HAD HIS HEART BROKEN!!! “I’ve got my heart on lockdown, but life sends me straight into the path of a mouthy bartender who puts me in my place. Now the only place I want to put her is under me. I thought I was done with love, but maybe I’m just getting started...”
- Why Did It Have to Be You? (Pineville) by Allyson Charles
- Fatal Mistake: A Novel (White Knights) by Susan Sleeman
- Going In Deep (Billionaire Bad Boys Book 4) by Carly Phillips <— CARLY PHILLIPS SHE’S GOT ISSUES/SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “Kendall Parker’s unique issues have made it hard to live a normal life. Very few people understand her and she trusts even less … but she believed in Julian once, and he only betrayed her. Now Julian is back — a new man — and determined to win Kendall’s heart...”
- Surviving Love: Saints Protection & Investigations by Maryann Jordan
- Tanner (American Extreme Bull Riders Tour Book 1) by Sarah Mayberry
- The Boy Next Door: A Standalone Off-Limits Romance by Ella James <— AN ADD-ON to today’s list!! THEY WERE ONCE BEST FRIENDS & THEN HE BROKE HER HEART ALERT!! “Now I’m older. Wiser. I’ve just snagged my dream job, writing at a film studio. The lead animator on my project? You guessed it. He’s not the boy next door. Not anymore. I’m guarding my heart this time. But Dash has secrets that could break us both…” (and it’s super-bargain priced right now!!)
- Out of the Ashes by RC Boldt <— MILITARY HERO LOST EVERYONE!!! “…After his rescue, he returns home from Afghanistan, saddled with facing the daunting task of healing his physical scars as well as the invisible ones—his emotional demons. Dr. Presley Cole isn’t one to shy away from a challenge. Embarking on a new journey, she makes it her mission to prove to Hendy that his life isn’t over; that he’s worthy of love...”
- Score (San Francisco Thunder) by Victoria Denault
- Secret Pleasure: Part 2 (Bound Hearts) by Lora Leigh
- Belong to Me: The Family Way by Leona Morgan
- The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo <— THEY BONDED AFTER SOMETHING TRAUMATIC… “Together, they decide they want their lives to mean something, to matter. When they meet again a year later, it seems fated—perhaps they’ll find life’s meaning in each other. But then Gabe becomes a photojournalist assigned to the Middle East and Lucy pursues a career in New York. What follows is a thirteen-year journey of dreams, desires, jealousies, betrayals, and, ultimately, of love…”
- Public Relations by Katie Heaney and Arianna Rebolini
- Puppy Love (Single in Seattle Book 2) by Gloria Herrmann
- Sunset Flare (The Caliendo Resort) by Shannyn Leah
- Condemned: The Richmore Series by Hayley Oakes
- Face Off (The Baltimore Banners Book 10) by Lisa B. Kamps <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!! “Cindy Miller’s life is spinning out of control, dragging her into a darkness she doesn’t understand. The only constant is her unexpected friendship with Ethan, a friendship she doesn’t want to lose–a friendship that turned into something more for one unforgettable week. But how can she let the passion continue when she knows her life is about to change forever–and when she knows Ethan deserves so much more?“
- Deep Check (Station Seventeen) by Kimberly Kincaid
- Done (In the Dark Book 1) by C.E. Johnson
- Night Break (Nightshade Book 1) by Carey Decevito
- Until Sage (Until Him) by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “Kimberly vowed to protect her heart from Sage, but when her sister is murdered and her world starts to fall apart, he’s the one person she finds herself leaning on. Getting a second chance is something Sage knows is rare. He’s not going to squander the one he’s been given, and he won’t take no for an answer when it comes to making Kim his. But what Sage doesn’t know is Kim has a secret that could leave them both devastated and heartbroken...”
- With This Pledge (Windswept Bay Book 8) by Debra Clopton
- Unscripted by Lisa Swallow
- Bayside Desires (Bayside Summers Book 1) by Melissa Foster <— SEXY NEIGHBOR ALERT!!! “…Running an art gallery was not in preschool teacher Desiree Cleary’s plans, but after being tricked into coming to her impetuous, unreliable mother’s aid, she’s stuck spending the summer with the badass half sister she barely knows and a misbehaving dog. If that’s not frustrating enough, she can’t escape the sparks igniting with her strikingly handsome and pushy neighbor, Rick, who makes all her warning bells go off…“
- GABE (Silicon Valley Billionaires Book 2) by Leigh James
- Between Brothers: The Sacred Brotherhood Book IV by A.J. Downey
- Playing with Fire: A Single Dad and Nanny Romance (Game Time Book 1) by Alix Nichols
- The Sheikh’s Million Dollar Bride (The Sheikhs’ Brides Book 3) by Clare Connelly
- Cold Shadow (Cold Country Book 2) by Mercy Celeste <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!! P.S. It’s a sequel so DO NOT READ this blurb until you’ve read book #1!!! “The past few years have done Quinn Anders a world of good. He’s happy, healthy, sober, and raising his daughter with the love of his life. As the days pass and tensions flare it becomes obvious that the events of that night, all those years ago, never truly ended for one of them. The secrets and lies that bind the three may just destroy them all…”
- Remember Me by Lynn Lorenz <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Truth or Lie by Lynn Lorenz <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Raising the Rent by JL Merrow <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Silent Voices by Thom Collins <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Tease (Temptation Series Book 4) by Ella Frank <— M/M ROMANCE BY ELLA FRANK SURPRISE!!!!! THIS ONE JUST WENT LIVE TOO!!! “Tease is the sexy, tantalizing continuation of the two men who stole your heart…“
- Filthy Doctor: A Bad Boy Medical Romance by Amy Brent
- Burn for You (Outback Skies Book 3) by Lexxie Couper
- February Stars (Wilder Irish Book 2) by Mari Carr <— HER BOYFRIEND RAN AWAY WITH HIS FIANCEE ALERT!! “…Quiet to his loud, calm to his frantic, bookish to his street smart…they have no common ground. Except for the fact that Ailis’s boyfriend just ran away with Hunter’s fiancée. So no one is more surprised than Ailis when a friendship flourishes. Pat’s Pub’s resident wallflower discovers she actually enjoys spending time with the bar’s gregarious, attention-seeking musician...”
- The Weekend Wife by Toni Blake
- The Prince’s Game (Mershano Empire Book 1) by Lexi C. Foss
- Club Thrive: Compulsion (The Club Thrive Series Book 1) by Alison Mello
- All the Right Reasons (Damaged Heroes Book 3) by Sandy James
- Here Comes the Bride by Alexandra Ivy <— ALEXANDRA IVY HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!! The author tells us: “Long before I wrote my sexy paranormal romances, I wrote traditional Regency romances as Debbie Raleigh. Now I’m delighted that three of my favorites are available once more. This trilogy features three dashing rakes returning home from war. But along the way, a gypsy predicts that love will trap them all. Their high-spirited response? A daring wager! By June the first, whomever Cupid catches must forfeit one thousand pounds and a red rose . . .“
- The Girl Who Knew Too Much by Amanda Quick
- A Season to Dance by Patricia Beal
- Gage (The Player Book 6) by Nana Malone <— BASKETBALL PLAYER NEEDS HER HELP ALERT!! “...Becker Johnson has a plan for her life. And it doesn’t include doing some jock’s homework so he can toss a ball in the net or whatever. She’s getting the Collins Scholarship and moving to New York. See, all planned out. Until her advisor drops a bombshell. While her grades are excellent, she’ll need some work experience to be eligible for the scholarship. And lucky Becker, he’s got just the right student for her...”
- Damage Assessment: A Career Soldier Military Romance by Tawdra Kandle
- Sex God by J. A Melville
- Relic (Uncommon Enemies Book 2) by Fiona Quinn
- It Happens in the Hamptons: A Novel by Holly Peterson <— SHE’S STRUGGLING WITH SOCIAL STATUS & PERSONAL DRAMA… “Though she’s looking forward to their move, Katie is wary about mingling with her boyfriends’ East Coast elite circles. She soon discovers Southampton isn’t all that it seems to be on the surface—and neither are the people who live there...”
- The Wrong Game by Charlie M. Matthews
- What Happens in London: A thought-provoking, heartbreaking, and inspiring story about how far we’re willing to go for those we love (What Happens in… Book 2) by Kristina Adams
- The Sweetheart Kiss (Brash & Brazen) by Cheryl Ann Smith
- Swinging On A Star (The Hollywood Showmance Chronicles Book 2) by Olivia Jaymes <— MUTUALLY BENEFICIAL RELATIONSHIP WTH A STAR ALERT!! “Carrie Johnson, ordinary businesswoman, has agreed to a fake romance with mega movie star Maxwell Hayes. He needs to show he’s not heartbroken after his nasty and public divorce. She wants her family and friends to believe she’s not devastated after being dumped by her fiancé. It’s a mutually beneficial arrangement…“
- No Simple Sacrifice (Secrets of Stone Book 6) by Angel Payne and Victoria Blue
- Bad Boy Prince: A Modern Fairy Tale (Twisted Royals Book 3) by Sidney Bristol
- The Non-Disclosure Agreement by Kelsey McKnight <— FAKE GIRLFRIEND TO HER BOSS ALERT!! “My billionaire businessman boss has decided that being the most powerful man on the East Coast isn’t enough. He needs political power too. But who would vote for a womanizing playboy with a different model on his arm every week? If he wants to win, he needs a respectable wife…he needs me. I have the looks, the small-town charm—I’m already his employee, and I’ve already signed a non-disclosure agreement, making me the perfect choice…”
- Tossed: A Recipe for Love Novella by Lane Martin
- Finding You in the Darkness by K.B. Andrews
- Missing the Crown Jewels (A Chandler County Novel) by Valerie J. Clarizio
- Catching the Wind by Melanie Dobson <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!! “They survived a harrowing journey from Germany to England, only to be separated upon their arrival. Daniel vowed to find Brigitte after the war, a promise he has fought to fulfill for more than seventy years…“
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! )
- No Middle Name: The Complete Collected Jack Reacher Short Stories by Lee Child – May 16th 2017
- Playing The Millionaire by Sandi Lynn – May 16th 2017
- Lethal Lies (Blood Brothers) by Rebecca Zanetti – May 16th 2017
- Surrender (The Steel Brothers Saga Book 6) by Helen Hardt – May 16th 2017
- Buttons and Pain by Penelope Sky – May 16th 2017
- Devil’s Own: The Devil’s Keepers by Megan Crane – May 16th 2017
- Misconduct: Birmingham Rebels by Samantha Kane – May 16th 2017
- Hunger by Eve Langlais, Kate Douglas, A.C. Arthur – May 16th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
Morning all! Am I first?!? I get to be field trip mom today!
Yep!! You are… FIRST!!!!
*hugs Grey!!* Good morning Grey! 😀
P.S. Have fun with the kids!!!
Morning! Sounds fun Grey!
Morning Ela!!! 🙂
Thanks for posting about the release of Missing the Crown Jewels.
I’ve just recently discovered Meghan March and like her. Real Dirty sounds good…the H had a cameo in last series I read. Famous, hot, country star with sexy name – Boone Thrasher! MINE!!!!
Damnit – I put my post on the wrong thread – but I can definitely recommend The Light We Lost. It’s a bit marmy (like throw your Kindle, curse at the book marmy) but it was a beautiful story!
The Wueen & the Cure – yippee!!! Happy dance
Fat fingers…., QUEEN
I’m FINALLY actually reading The Opposite of You.
It is making me hungry though.
The Light We Lost looks good…
Lisa that just makes me wanna read it more.
LOL MichelleS! That was a cute typo!!! Wueen!!!
What’s a Soulmate looks really interesting. I’m curious about that one.
Started Queen and the Cure. I was reading Night Shifts Black last night, went to see at 9:07 and yep. It was there. Then, I went back to reading NSB.
Honestly, NSB is a little slow to start, because of the nature of the book, but I really loved it. I couldn’t put it down. Everything felt real to me. The erm, change from the expected, I saw some people didn’t like, but I honestly loved. It felt right, while the expected truly didn’t. *grins*
I requested Deadmen Walking from the library. After her last two, there has been too much re-writing of the same story. I hope this one is set in the past that it doesn’t have any re-write. (re-write = Take the same story from another book and just write it from a different POV, but it doesn’t further the story or offer new insight)
I think I’m going to skip the 13 Reasons series. My heart belongs to the book, and I just get the feeling the series has a different tone to it, based on everything I’ve read about it. It’s a heart wrenching read but very much worth the journey.
I want to read The Light We Lost but one word has me skittish…BETRAYALS!! If it’s her doing the betrayin’ I’m okay, but if it’s him the book will be ruined or me because of my stupid double book standards. UGH!
Amy – I think the betrayal really was more about betraying what was felt and betraying themselves. It’s been awhile since I read it (although I CLEARLY remember the ending), I don’t remember any horrific cheating…just missed chances/opportunities. I think you’ll be okay with this one.
Deanndra Hall’s Love Under Construction: The Complete Series is $.99 right now!!!! Those books are usually $4.99 EACH!!!! Incredible deal!!
Thank you Lisa!! What would I do without y’all to guide me through this beautiful bookland we love so much? 😀
AMY! I AGREE WITH TESS, NOW, YOU MUST READ A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES SERIES, YOU JUST MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!! AS A MATTER OF FACT ALL FAE/PNR FANS MUST READ IT!
That is all…
TESSA! Unless you want a new nickname?
Amy–from what you’ve said, I think it’s a good decision for you to just stick with the 13 Reasons book.
lol another nickname. Sure. What’s this one? 😀
And see Amy! She didn’t go in blind like me. She went in knowing what you did and she Lurved it!
Thank you Ela! *hugs*
I called you Tess in one of the posts…
I was all set to give Eleanor a go, checked my email and My Not So Perfect Life FINALLY came in. So now I need to read that first. And, *spoiler alert* I’m getting an Amazon Gift card for Momma’s Day!! So I’ll try and have my list good and ready. 😉
Ela, I’ve read the first one but am hesitant to read the next one because of…stuff. 😕
I know, Tessa…I KNOW. And I totally trust you, I’m just nervous. Dangit woman, you better be around when I DO read it and freak out. Okay? Okay. 😉
Nay, I’m thinking the same thing…
Had to laugh after quickly glancing at Real Dirty and thinking is that his bare butt? LOL!
Beautiful cover for What’s a Soulmate. I liked the blurb for The Light We Lost until it said thirteen-year journey. I hate stories that drag out over years.
What the heck! The One is not on kindle?! I was all revved up to read it after that blurb and it’s not on kindle. 🙁 Soulmates is one of my trigger words so I’ve moved on to What’s a Soulmate? Lucky you had a replacement for me Maryse!
Robyn, Soulmates looks SO GOOOOOOOOD. I have to know it… or read it!
Robyn let me know how you like that one… THAT too, is a trope I love. The impossible (or looked-down upon love story). Eeeeeep!
Amy TRUST US….things are not bad AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL BE KICKING YOURSELF IN THE BUNS IF YOU DON’T READ FURTHER!
🙂 I’ve been called Tess a lot in my life. It’s easy and only one syllable. And sure I’ll be there if needed. It’s just that good. 🙂 I liked two and three way more than the first one.
Incoming load of peanuts – like a 18 wheeler sized load – right on top of Amy for not continuing to book two in Court of Roses series. I’m with Ela! What an amazing ride that was!!! Can’t wait for spinoffs. All those “couples” – mates – gah!!! And Armen is like Nix meets Tess (from The Others).
Yup. Two & Three were freaking awesome!
AMREN- not Armen. My typing sucks today
I might be squirreling from my BR(s) tomorrow! Ones I created and rallied for! I’m turning into Amy/Maryse!!! I’m that stoked to read book 3!!!! I feel like finding another FAE Chronicles treasure!
MichelleS! I knew she reminded me of someone!!!
Add more peanuts to that bucket to cover Maryse!
Ela… which book are we covering me with peanuts for?
Elaaaaaa!!! It’s really ok with me because I want to read the Mia Asher book, whatever the title of it that I can never remember is! Unless Lisa wants to go ahead with the BR. Btw…Did you tell Lisa yet??
Nooooooooooooooooooooo! I can’t tell Lisa! I’ll just read 2 books at once or or or start tomorrow 11:59 that’s still Wednesday!
Cheryl I see what you mean about the cover of Real Dirty. LOL.
I just got another ARC that I reallllly want to read…. Eek.
Apparently I bought Soulmates in February.
Ela, Ela, Ela…I understand the need to squirrel. And it’s okay if you don’t love me anymore and don’t want to read Hausfrau with me. I’ll get over it…eventually…with some therapy!! But, I’m gonna spoiler the hell out of that thread, and you’re going to be compelled to read each and every one of them…completely your choice though 😀
What’s this Soulmates book???
Oh Lisa! I’m starting Hausfrau RIGHT NOW!
Love Me in the Dark is Live
Ela, it’s What’s a Soulmate? up there under bargains. It looks really good.
I’d only been in the mansion once before, when my family first came to Todos Santos.
Vicious by LJ Shen
GREY!!!! BULLY BOOK!!! I was up until after midnight just reading, not wanting to stop. Sadly, sleep took over. I saw a bunch of you had read it, but I’m really loving it. He’s such a JERK and I wanted to kick him so badly mutliple times. I do have one issue, and it would have been better revealed earlier rather than thrown in but… He’s a total jerk and you all know I love that. 😀
Wait…tell me it’s Wednesday? I’ve been posting #1linewed on Twitter!! *checks phone*
Tessa!!!! My brain is a fragile place right now 😀
*looks at calendar*
It is! Darn it. Proof I was up late.
However, I do think Grey should read the book.
HERE THAT GREY! READ VICIOUS BY LJ SHEN!!!
Mine is too. It’s kind of sleep deprived. I need at least six hours sleep, not five. 😀
Whoa! A bully book… I haven’t read that one either… *runs to good reads and adds it to my list*
Girls, I have a HUGE problem. I have not 1, but *2* Arcs that I am dying to read like right now… I literally just got the second that I have been chomping at the bit to read, since a certain someone read it! 😆 And then Tessa goes and throws a catnip word at me. And Mia Asher’s book released today and all I can think is Arsen… #TheStruggleIsReal
lol I sympathize. Right now I have that Soulmate book, the new Rick Riordan book, The second NSB book, Dark Notes, Daughters of the Blood, Hundreds by Pepper Winters, The Knight by BB Reid, and WIcked Abyss.
*thunk* I shouldn’t have typed those out…
However, one word, Grey. BULLY!
Grey, is it Love Me in the Dark? Because I am ALL OVER THAT ONE!!! I’m starting it today…the potential for Arsen feels? HELL. YEAH.
I’m keeping an open mind and acknowledging that it isn’t going to be another Arsen (there can never be another Arsen) but that blurb and the name Mia Asher has me so freaking giddy. 😀
The queen and the cure… I didn’t know about this. YES!!!
Love Me in the Dark is KU!!! Yippee. Adding it now.
What’s a Soulmate has a puhrdee cover! And it’s only 99 cents! But heroine is 17… hmmm….
I got it because of the blurb. As to when I’ll get to it… *shrugs* I have too many goodies currently. I’m reading Wicked Abyss right now. 😀
Hausfrau didn’t work for me, it’s not my type of book at all!
FLT: “It was amazing how alcohol had the power to make people think they were attractive, mused Jaxxon.” From Rags… this one’s for you, Ela.
“The buzzing flies and screaming survivors had long since replaced the beating war-drums.” A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
Hope you like it MichelleS, and don’t let Lisa influence you!
It figures the asshole’s company would occupy the entire top floor.
Mister Moneybags by Vi Keeland (reading this one)
I wait my turn at the single blinking red light in Gold Haven, Kentucky, and turn left before pulling into the gas station.
Dirty Together by Meghan March (listening to)
Wow Leslie! Doubling up!
Ela, watch and learn. This is how a romance book nerd gets her freak on! *snort*
I am ALWAYS book double fisted. One audiobook and one ebook.
That’s right, I am living in the edge baby!!!
double fisted… getting her freak on…. I am not even TOUCHING THAT one with a ten foot pole – I will leave that to Amy…
I’m about halfway done, Ela – and it’s still got my interest. I probably would have gobbled it up a few years ago. He is a bit over territorial, no? Might as well piss on her and get it over with!
*snort* YOU SAID “double fisted”
Random question…who has both read Me Before You AND seen movie? I haven’t read book as tear-jerker type books are not my thing, but Sam Claflin is most definitely my thing. 😉
Anyway, I watched movie and I did not find it that “emotional” (for lack of a better term and without giving anything away). Not sure if it is just me or because I knew spoilers beforehand. Maybe the book is much more emotional???
Honestly, the movie seemed really rushed at end and didn’t spend very much time on the “you know what” scene.
The Dark Prince (The Dark Prince Series Book 1) by Autumn Winchester is free. It looked like a twisted dark book, so…. At the same time, it also sounds a little like Sempre by JM Darhower.
As King Saetth leisurely wiped blood off his sword, Lila choked down her fury.
Wicked Abyss (Chapter 1) by Kresley Cole
Good find Tessa!!! That looks very good.
Tessa!!! OMG – Kresley Cole FLT – Report back soon on Wicked Abyss. Waiting for some honest feedback.
“I’m strumming my fingers on the windowsill, watching the rain fall outside the apartment, when I feel small, warm arms hugging me from behind.” ~ Love Me in the Dark by Mia Asher
Yep, I caved and squirrelled from my planned reading list. 😉 But come on, it’s Mia Asher!!!
Leslie double fists?!?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Need a bag of peas to sit on, honey? *snorrrrrrrrt!*
FLT: “Not just any woman will do.” ~ The Tutor by K. Larsen
YAY GREY!!!!!!! 😀
MichelleS, Wicked Abyss WAS AWESOME AND VERY VERY CLEVER OUR LITTLE NIXIE IS GETTING WHILE SHE FEEDS HER BAT COTTON CANDY…
Amy, I don’t think just the peas will ease, perhaps some lube *snort*
MichelleS, I loved it. The fey is someone we haven’t heard from before, but we know her world. The things that went on in the book put more things into power, and, well, I’m agreeing with Ela with a theory after it.
Actual story, super cute, didn’t feel fake or rushed. I think I’ve had too many bow tie endings that this felt nice and complete, and not fake with weird, incomprehensible emotions.
I stopped after MacRieve. Am I gonna be lost? Dark Skye& Sweet Ruin just didn’t hold my interest. Didn’t feel like IAD to me.
Sweet Ruin is more important than Dark Skye imo. Sweet Ruin gets better. But this one I loved way more than both.
You guys are crazy AND made me spit out my food.
Tip: Do not read these comments while eating dinner.
*passes paper towel to Leslie to wipe the food from her computer screen*
Michelle S your FLT made me laugh!
My FLT: Edwina Ladoux stood at the window in her late father’s office and watched a small two-wheeled carriage swing through the front gate. Or rather, what was left of the front gate.
From Heartbreak Creek, a Western HR by Kaki Warner whose books I have just started reading. This book starts In Louisiana just post-cicvil war then moves to Colorado as our desperate h becomes a mail-order bride.
Pieces of Sky, the first Kaki Warner I read, was pretty good. I would have four-starred it but dropped it down to three cos there’s a fair bit of violence in it which I don’t really enjoy reading.
Maryse, the peanuts are for A Court of Thorns and Roses. You have to read it and know that book two and three are even better!
Alright, so after Wicked Abyss, nothing sounded good, so I knew I needed something light. So I went to my favorite trope of nerd girl, bad boy with the most ridiculous title in the world Bad Boy Rebels. (I kid you not. That’s really the title!) But, Jessica Sorenson, so… at least in the first chapter the h agrees, saying these boys have the dumbest name for themselves.
I feel so guilty I might throw up.
Bad Boy Rebels by Jessica Sorenson
“I’M STRUMMING MY FINGERS on the windowsill, watching the rain fall outside the apartment, when I feel small, warm arms hugging me from behind.”
Love Me in the Dark by Mia Asher.
Already my stomach is in knots. Have a feeling this is gonna hurt.
Although, I’m waiting for Amy to come on here ranting…
Oh no!!! I have a bad feeling that book I am reading (Mister Moneybags) is going to have plot twist I will hate!! Grrrrr.
I sure hope I am wrong.
Amy & Cheryl, Love me in the Dark sounds so good!! Can’t wait to hear how you guys like it.
Leslie, this sums up the writing and what’s going on so far. Two words- Mia Asher.
“He continues to feed me lies, and I continue to eat them, hungrily swallowing them, because I’m starving.”
Cheryl, I like the sound of that!!!
Maryse – YOU NEED TO READ THE COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES SERIES! PEANUTS