WEDNESDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! KARINA HALLE’S LATEST IS LIVE ON AMAZON!!! ILLICIT ALERT!! Heat Wave <— This is that one that gave me a blurb-jolt with, especially the last few lines. EEEEEP!! ➔ ➔ ➔ ➔ ➔ ➔ ➔
“…soon their relationship becomes utterly intoxicating. There’s just one major catch. The two of them together would incite a scandal neither Ronnie, nor her family, would ever recover from.
Forbidden, Illicit, Off-limits – sometimes the heat is worth surrendering to, even if you get burned…“
Happy NEW RELEASE DAY!!!! A TON of awesome releases today (many new-to-me) but also HUGELY IMPORTANT!!!! Yesterday’s “Early bird” Monday releases were AWESOME so if you missed it, check it out!!! NOT to be missed ➔ 20 Early Bird Book Releases
So what looks extra exciting to me today? THESE!!! ➔ #1 is that one over there to the left, because COLLEEN HOOVER!! Always my favorite, but I hear this one (Too Late) is TOTALLY different from her usual style, and DARK and even she warns the HECK out of us. And you know me… I love a good warning. *snort* The Turning Point (not a new release, but now two of my fellow readers have gone crazy for it – it’s mentioned as a what to read for those that loved Me Before You). *gulp* I WANT IT!! Major Love (because it’s a sports star romance, I laughed a ton with book #1, and I love this author’s style, and now #2 was just released!), Buttons and Lace (psych-thriller/dark romance and it sounds like it could be SO gooooood. She owes him BIG time, so he owns her… for now, and she has to submit to him. Once her reward jar is full, he’ll release her. Eeeeeeep!!), In This Life (she finds out the life-altering reason he never called her back…), Josh & Anna and Gabe & Claire (two couples & best friends, typical marital issues, until a tragedy happens… and only two are left), and!!! Scrappy Little Nobody (because I LOVE autobiographies, and I love Anna Kendrick!!),
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Sweet Cheeks by K. Bromberg
- Neighbor Dearest by Penelope Ward
- Torn: Devil’s Wolves, Book 1 by Carian Cole
- The Dollmaker: Forgotten Files, Book 2 by Mary Burton
- Tru Blue by Melissa Foster
- Filthy Rich: Blackstone Dynasty, Book 1 by Raine Miller
- Rescuing Harley: Delta Force Heroes, Book 3 by Susan Stoker
- Fractures in Ink by Helena Hunting
- Preppy: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater, Part 1: King Series, Book 5 by T.M. Frazier
- Mosaic: Reliquary Series, Book 3 by Sarah Fine
- Fighting to Breathe: Shooting Stars Series, Book 1 by Aurora Rose Reynolds
- The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon
- Wolfsong by TJ Klune
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Forever Ink (Montgomery Ink) by Carrie Ann Ryan <— SUPER-BARGAIN TODAY!! OLDER MAN/YOUNGER WOMAN “Callie Masters loves ink. After finally getting her own chair in Montgomery Ink, she’s ready to start being a full time artist, rather than only an apprentice. When Austin, her former boss, gives her one very broody man as her first client, she jumps at the chance to make him hers—in and out of the shop…”
- The Olivia Collection: Six of Olivia’s Best Selling Novels by Olivia Long/Olivia Hawthorne <— BOOK BUNDLE BARGAIN!
- Marco’s MMA Boys Starter Set by S.M. Donaldson <— BOOK BUNDLE BARGAIN!
- Managed (VIP Book 2) by Kristen Callahan <— ROCK STAR (& entourage) FUN!!! Just released yesterday and Julie o loved it!
Just finished Managed and absolutely loved it! Did not read the first book, really don’t need to, it’s a standalone. But am going to read Idol now. Funny h, totally no filter. It’s definitely a keeper for my shelf.
- From Jennifer Ashley, With Love: Three Paranormal Romances from Bestselling Series by Jennifer Ashley & Allyson James
- From Caris With Love: Four Paranormal Romances by Caris Roane
- The Turning Point by Freya North <— POIGNANT, BEAUTIFUL TEAR-JERKER ALERT! It’s back on the list ’cause who can resist this recommendation from Amy AND Jan?
Amy: GAH!!! I finished it yesterday, and I have been thinking of it non-stop since then. The writing was pretty tough for me to get used to, and I didn’t know if I would ever adjust enough to it to fully become involved in the character’s lives. But Jan said it was the kind of book that sneaks up on you, and you know what? She was right. She was SO right because I found myself wondering what was going on with the characters whenever I wasn’t reading it, and picking it up again was like catching up with old friends and the happenings in their day-to-day lives. The story was just moving along, almost slowly at some points, and I was beginning to wonder if there was ever going to be any real drama when suddenly…BA-BAM!!! It cracked my heart wide open. And there was no shying away from what the characters were experiencing after that. It was raw and brutal and REAL, and I had no choice but to go through it all with them, painful as it was. There was definitely hope by the end, but I’m going to be bruised from this one for a while. *sigh* Loved it.
Jan: Yup Amy. That’s how I felt after reading The Turning Point. Bruised. I couldn’t stop thinking about the characters for days either. Freya North’s writing style is a bit different from what we’re used to, but I think she’s brilliant, because her characters are like people I actually know and care about. Don’t know how she does that! And the characters are pretty much what makes or breaks a book for me. If the characters are ‘meh’, it usually ends up a dnf for me. But Frankie and Scott? Their lives matter to me, crazy as that sounds. (I know, look out for the crazy book lady. Something like a crazy cat lady?) But what a beautiful book. Just wow.
- From Felicity With Love: Four Hot Paranormal Romance Books in One by Felicity Heaton
- Blood Kiss: Black Dagger Legacy by J.R. Ward <— J.R. WARD BLACK DAGGER BROTHERHOOD ALERT!!! This one’s on super-bargain today!!
MichelleS: …total old BDB feel for Blood Kiss. Seems like more Butch & Marissa than Psaradise & Craeg though. Lassiter was a bit over the top. I’m almost done, but for BDB fans, it’s a must read!
- Claimed (Nightwind Pack Book 1) by Kele Moon & Laurann Dohner <— HE SAVES A HUMAN WOMAN & CLAIMS HER AS HIS/NOW HE HAS TO TELL HIS MATE? Ruh roh!! “When he investigates the desperate screams near his secluded cabin, Jason’s shocked to find his own kind hunting a human—but he ends up even more stunned when he accidentally triggers a mating heat in the beautifully lush woman he saved. Overwhelmed with lust, Jason takes her, bites her, binds her to him forever… Now he just has to break the news to Brandi.”
- Alphas for the Holidays: Over 30 Paranormal Winter Tales of Werewolves, Dragons, Shifters, Vampires, Fae, Special Forces, Witches, Billionaires, Magics, Ghosts, Demons, and more!
- Shifters in the Snow: Bundle of Joy: Seventeen Paranormal Romances of Winter Wolves, Merry Bears, and Holiday Spirits
- Spell Disaster (Silver Hollow Paranormal Cozy Mystery Series Book 2) by Leighann Dobbs & Traci Douglass
- Magically Delicious: Magic and Mayhem Book Four by Robyn Peterman
- Treasure and Treason: A Raine Benares World Novel by Lisa Shearin
- 3013: OUTLAW (3013: The Series Book 14) by Kali Argent
- Scorched Ice (The Fire and Ice Series, Book 3) by Erica Stevens <— SERIES CONCLUSION ALERT!!! And… “***The Fire and Ice series is a spin off based on characters from The Kindred Series. You do not have to read The Kindred Series in order to enjoy this book.“
- Rhapsodic (The Bargainer Book 1) by Laura Thalassa
- Dark Protector (A Werewolf Romance) (Moon Shifter Series Book 6) by Katie Reus
- Fur Ever Witched (Black Paw Pack Book 2) by Melanie James
- Mosaic (Reliquary Series Book 3) by Sarah Fine
- Fangs, Fur & Fantasies
- Past, Darkly (The Dreams Book 2) by Hunter Jones
- Bound (Anniversary Edition) (The Nevermore Series Book 2) by Shannon Mayer <— “*RE-RELEASE: “The Nevermore Trilogy” Anniversary Edition. Now a full length novel. Brand new scenes, additional points of view and 35K extra words all breathe new life into the first series ever published by USA Today Bestselling Author Shannon Mayer.*”
- A Draglen’s Wedding (BK5.5) (The Draglen Brothers Series) by Solease M Barner
- Shadow Mine (Guardians of the Underworld Book 1) by Jennifer Kohout
- Adam’s Kiss by Mindy Neff
- Reaper (A Dark Assassins Novel Book Two) by Valerie Ullmer
- The Keeper: The Guardian Chronicles by Mel Favreaux
- Black Mountain Magic: Kentucky Haints #1 by Megan Morgan
- Rubicon International Series Bundle: Shifter Romantic Suspense by Ann Gimpel
- Too Late by C. Hoover <— COLLEEN HOOVER’S LATEST BOOK PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!!! WARNING!!! This one is MATURE, and DARK, and not at all her “usual” style… in fact, she’s published it under the pen name
Stephanie: This story was amazing!!!
Jessie: I’m sure I’ve read her stuff before but why very mature? Sexy? (Putting it nicely)
Maryse: Colleen posted this: “*Too Late is a book that is very mature. It is not for young teens and has explicit content. If cursing bothers you, please avoid this book. If murder bothers you, please avoid this book. If pretty much anything involving drugs, rape, sex or violence bothers you, please avoid this book. I do not want anyone reading it who will later hate me for writing it, so I’m telling you now. This book is ridiculously inappropriate for most humans.”
Jessie: ok. Right up my alley. Lol. Sounds weird but I was one of few who thought twilight was good but lacking. 50 shades was good but too much innuendo. Lol. Coming from a black dagger standpoint. Lol. Don’t hold back! Let us have it. I know I can take it. Lol. Ok sorry. Rant. Over. Thanks Maryse.
Maryse: My pleasure Jessie and it sounds RIGHT UP MY ALLEY too. 😛 😉
Susan: One clicked! I’m scared a little lol but I LOVE everything CoHo
Melissa: I read this one wattpad a few months ago. It was amazing- like all of her books!!
- Split by J.B. Salsbury <— J.B. SALSBURY ALERT!!! HE HAS BLACKOUTS... “He doesn’t know what happens when the blackouts overtake him, but he can recall the feelings—the rage, the confusion, the fear. Thankfully the quiet life he’s found in Payson, Arizona has kept the darkness at bay. Until his boss’s estranged daughter shows up in town, asking questions she shouldn’t and sparking a desire Lucas can’t control…“
- His to Cherish: A Fireside Novel by Stacey Lynn <— SHE TRIES TO SAVE A LITTLE BOY AFTER AN ACCIDENT… “Chelsea Dwyer arrives home from her job at the middle-school library in Latham Hills, Michigan, expecting another quiet evening—until she hears the screams for help through her living room window. As the first witness to a terrible accident involving two local students, Chelsea doesn’t anticipate how her own life will be irrevocably changed by the father of one of the boys...”
- Tied to His Betrayal: A Dirty Little Secrets Novel by Stacey Kennedy
- I’ve Seen You Naked and Didn’t Laugh: A Geeky Love Story by Eden Butler
- Finding the Light by Kassidy Carter <— THIS MAY BE A SEQUEL… “I was letting the dark win. Until I saw her and her son. I let her in and vowed to protect her. She was changing me into the man I wanted to be, allowing me to right my wrongs. One thing I should have counted on was the past always coming back to haunt you…“
- Life as we know It (Love Not Included Book 4) by J.D. Hollyfield
- Major Love (Balls in Play Book 2) by Kate Stewart <— KATE STEWART’S LATEST BASEBALL STAR ALERT!! Tee hee!!! I really enjoyed book #1 (was SO FUNNY!!!!!) and now book #2 just went live! P.S. Here’s my review of “Anything But Minor“
- Wanting My Stepsister by Alexa Riley
- Silver-Tongued Devil (Portland Devils Book 1) by Rosalind James
- Shockwave (Impulse Book 1) by Sierra Cartwright <— MASTER OF A BDSM CLUB SEES HER… “When Master Nathaniel Stratton catches Alani Dane, a professional submissive, yawning during a scene with one of his club’s most prestigious members, he vows to personally deal with her.“
- Knox: 7 Brides for 7 Brothers (Book 4) by Christie Ridgway
- Rescuing Harley (Delta Force Heroes Book 3) by Susan Stoker
- To the Ends of the Earth: A Stripped Standalone by Skye Warren <— SKYE WARREN DARK ROMANCE ALERT!! She’s on the run… “There are two men after me… One wants to save my soul. The other wants to claim my body. Part of me wants Luca to catch me, even knowing what he’s capable of. An enforcer. A fighter. The only language he speaks is violence.”
- Snowbound at Christmas by Jennifer Ryan, Maisey Yate, Lia Riley
- Home for the Holidays: A Contemporary Romance Anthology
- SEALs of Honor: Evan by Dale Mayer
- Twelve Days of Christmas: Her Side of the Story by Emma Lea
- Buttons and Lace by Penelope Sky <— PSYCH-THRILLER DARK ROMANCE ALERT! SHE OWES HIM, SO HE OWNS HER… “Every action gets a reward. A button. Once I fill his jar with three hundred and sixty-five buttons, he’ll let me go. He’ll let me walk away. But I have to earn every single one. By submitting to the darkest, cruelest, and most beautiful man I’ve ever known.”
- A Family Affair: The Weddings: A Novella (Truth in Lies Book 11) by Mary Campisi
- The Dollmaker (Forgotten Files Book 2) by Mary Burton
- Fall: a ROCK SOLID romance by Karina Bliss
- Final Ride: Hellions Motorcycle Club (Hellions Ride Book 9) by Chelsea Camaron
- SEAL’s Deliverance (Take No Prisoners Book 9) by Elle James
- Beautifully Broken by Laura Lee <— TABOO RELATIONSHIP ALERT!!! STUDENT-TEACHER… And LISA LOVED IT!!!
Lisa: It’s a definite 4 star read for me. It was a very well written story. The plotline itself was a bit formulaic – done one thousand times over, but it was still well done with characters that you wanted to know more about. Damaged girl (with a secret and a lot of angst over it in her past) meets the most beautiful man on earth. Insta-attraction and “the best sex ever” happens. They grow closer, but then the plot twist. A taboo relationship that sets up a plot to keep them apart…but they persevere and overcome, until the pivotal moment where the great “misunderstanding and miscommunication” happens, and our heart breaks in little pieces and we hold our breath and hope for their happily ever after.
However, the characters themselves are what kept me reading and invested in this couple. Both the characters were witty and charming. I laughed, I smiled, I shed a couple tears.
- Turbo Twenty-Three: A Stephanie Plum Novel by Janet Evanovich
- The Takedown (The Hookup Book 2) by J.S. Cooper
- Kiss Me Again by Kimberly James
- Arresting Desire by Shayla Black <— SHAYLA BLACK ALERT!!
- Say You’re Mine (You’re Mine, 1) by Jenika Snow
- Beauty and the Billionaire: The Wedding (Billionaire Boys Club) by Jessica Clare
- Lucca: Azzarra Crime Family Book Two by Kiara Woodson
- Hello, Forever: Cornerstone Book 1.5 by Krista Noorman
- She Runs Away (The Sheridan Hall Series Book 2) by Jessica Calla
- Magic Flute: A Novel by Patricia Minger
- In This Life by Christine Brae <— SHE MEETS THE LOVE OF HER LIFE ON A TRIP, BUT HE NEVER CALLS HER BACK... “Anna finally moves on with Dante after giving up hope that Jude will ever return—until they come face to face again in a chance encounter. Reeling, Anna discovers the life-altering secret of why Jude never contacted her—and why they can’t be together.”
- Accidental Love (A Year Agreement Book 3) by Kenadee Bryant
- A Beautiful Nightmare: A Novel by Shana Vanterpool <— DARK ROMANCE ALERT!! “Life seemingly ends the moment 27-year-old Kinley Hashawaye awakes to find herself inside of a nightmare. Fear and lies are covered in gold and darkness, and her heart won’t let her be when the truth comes back to haunt her…“
- A Million Different Ways To Lose You (The Horn Duet Book 2) by P. Dangelico
- Brick House 3 by Keith Thomas Walker
- The Christmas Challenge (The Wilder Brothers Book 3) by Sinclair Jayne
- More Than Words: A Hale Street Novella by Natasha Lake
- Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty Book 1) by Raine Miller <— RAINE MILLER ALERT!!! THE BILLIONAIRE WANTS HER... but “Brooke isn’t looking for love. She knows all too well just how much damage the wrong guy can do. Still, what sane, broke British girl can resist the charms of an incredibly sexy, chivalrous billionaire?“
- Crushing It: A Love Between the Bases Novella by Jennifer Bernard
- Loving Deep (Steele Ridge Book 4) by Tracey Devlyn
- Faithful Addiction (The Safeguard Series, Book Two) by Kennedy Layne
- Ink & Bone (New York Crime Kings Book 5) by Skyla Madi
- Romance with the Billionaire Boys Club (Billionaire Romance Series Book 17) by Cara Miller
- The Gamer and the Geek (Gone Geek Book 4) by Sidney Bristol
- Rush by Sara Bennett Wealer
- Josh & Anna and Gabe & Claire by Eliza Freed <— BEST FRIENDS & MARITAL ISSUES ALERT!! And then one fateful night… “For these four friends, the difficulties of their marriages are camouflaged by hazy happy hours, extravagant vacations, picturesque weddings, and sleeping in. The possibilities of their youth are wilting in the light of their waning twenties, and on one fateful night, four friends become two. Survivors become lovers. Truths are told, and nothing seems like forever anymore...”
- Body Talk by Cara Bristol
- Manna Tree by Savannah J. Frierson
- A Midnight Clear: A Christmas Novella by Jeannie Hall
- Broken by Elizabeth Kelly <— REJECTED FOR HIS APPEARANCE BUT SHE SEES HIM… “Ford Taylor has endured the whispers and the horrified stares his entire life. Rejected by both his family and strangers for the way he looks, he’s grown accustomed to his lonely life. His life is changed forever when Stella, the redheaded beauty he harbors a secret crush on, befriends him…”
- Sick Pleasure (Crazy Beautiful Book 3) by Jessica Huizenga
- Mischief and the Masters (Masters of the Shadowlands Book 12) by Cherise Sinclair <— SHE’S TRYNG TO OVERCOME HER FEAR, AFTER BEING STALKED… “…Unconvinced of her claims that she can overcome her fear of big men without help, Master Z gives her a time limit. And she is improving–until she hears the stalker is out of prison. Now her time limit is up, and the Masters will intervene...”
- Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick <— ANNA KENDRICK AUTOBIOGRAPHY ALERT!!!
- Fredo’s Dream: SEAL Brotherhood: Fredo by Sharon Hamilton
- Her Hopes and Dreams (Ardent Springs Book 4) by Terri Osburn
- Caitlyn’s Christmas Wish by Laura L. Walker
- Because of You (Just Because Book 1) by Mari Carr
- Ravage (Siren Book 5) by Katie de Long
- Entrusted To The SEAL: The Inheritance (The McRaes Series – Book 6) by Teresa Hill
- Collecting the Pieces by L.A. Fiore <— ONCE UPON A TIME… SHE HAD THE PERFECT LOVE OF HER LIFE... “But this story isn’t about Jake. It’s about Abel Madden; the man I meet after the fairy tale goes to hell. A cocky, arrogant man who says what he wants, does as he pleases, and makes no excuses for it.”
- Perfect Alignment (Thorne and Dash Book 3) by Silvia Violet <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- bare by Lynn Kelling <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Love At First Hate (Love At Firsts Book 2) by Muriel Garcia <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Forever Sky (The Blue Phoenix Series Book 6) by Lisa Swallow
- The Keeper by Jillian Liota <— SHE HAS A SOCCER SCHOLARSHIP, her life is on track… and then she meets him, but… “an unfortunate circumstance forces the two to abandon their romance before it has truly begun. Rachel’s carefully planned life begins to shake like an unstable house of cards, and when she risks losing Mack completely, she has to decide what’s more important. Her future. Or theirs.“
- Intermission by Serena Chase
- Undaunted (Men of Mercy Novel, A) by Joss Wood
- Tiny Threads (Snapdragon Book 1) by Jami Denise <— MARITAL STRIFE ALERT!! “…marriage once full of passion and consideration, becomes one full of bitterness and resentment. The past comes back to haunt them in a way they never imagined and their happily ever after becomes a battle…“
- Torch (Tarnished Souls MC Book 1) by Dusty Lassetter
- Cruising Toward Love by Christi Barth
- Out Of The Dark by Arlene Gonzales
- Unveiled Hearts (Heart’s Intent Book 2) by Dawn Brower
- Killmore by Martha Sweeney <— HER EX IS A MEXICAN CRIME LORD & NOW SHE’S IN HIDING… “I knew everything about Antonio’s business. How, you ask? I was the only woman he kept close, really close – he claimed he loved me. You get to see and hear a lot of interesting things when you hold that kind of status. Now, the Feds have me in what they claim is witness protection. However, I never feel safe knowing he’s out there…“
PREORDERS (next few days & next week’s!!! )
- Heat Wave by Karina Halle <—- KARINA HALLE ALERT! GOING LIVE AT MIDNIGHT (NOVEMBER 16th)!!!! OH MY!!!!! The blurb says FORBIDDEN & SCANDAL & ILLICIT and I’m SO titillated!!!!
“What does matter is that he’s a grump.Kind of an a$$hole, too. And gets under Ronnie’s skin like no one else. But the more time Ronnie spends on the island of Kauai, falling in love with the lush land and its carefree lifestyle, the closer she gets to Logan. And the closer she gets to Logan, the more she realizes she may have pegged him all wrong. Maybe it’s the hot, steamy jungles or the invigorating ocean air, but soon their relationship becomes utterly intoxicating.
There’s just one major catch.
The two of them together would incite a scandal neither Ronnie, nor her family, would ever recover from. Forbidden, Illicit, Off-limits – sometimes the heat is worth surrendering to, even if you get burned…”
- Twined Bond (Holly Woods Files, #7) by Emma Hart – November 17th 2016
- Falling For The Billionaire (One Night Stand Series Book 5) by J.S. Cooper – November 17th 2016
- Tristan’s Temptation (Wired Series Book 2) by Sabrina York – November 17th 2016
- Hold My Breath by Ginger Scott – November 18th 2016
- Bad Romeo Christmas: A Starcrossed Anthology by Leisa Rayven – November 21st 2016
- Cross the Line (Alex Cross) by James Patterson – November 21st 2016
- Out of Bounds by Lauren Blakely – November 22nd 2016
- Over The Edge (The Bridge Series Book 3) by Meredith Wild – November 22nd 2016
- The Operator (The Peri Reed Chronicles) by Kim Harrison – November 22nd 2016
- Vice by Callie Hart – November 22nd 2016
- Brutal Game (Flynn and Laurel Book 2) by Cara McKenna – November 22nd 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).