<— Sorry so late, but look!!! It’s BOOK RELEASES!!! Latest ones! Like this one! 😀
Some that I think look intriguing… Only Love (a cop neighbor. Swoon. ;)) Poles Apart (a race car driver and a stripper!), and Wild: The Ivy Chronicles (she meets him in a *kink* club and he’s younger…) and Red (this one makes me wanna start it NOW!! She’s a famous stripper with an addiction, that is forced to rehab with a stranger. A biker!)
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Complete We (A Her Billionaires Novella #4) by Julia Kent <– SUPER SALE!!
- Running Barefoot by Amy Harmon <— Also super-saled!!! And wildly loved by so many! Sally loves it! “have just finished ‘Running Barefoot’, possibly even better, definitely another 5* read. Put it at the top of your TBR list…”
- Fearless (The Forever Series) by Priscilla West <— RECENT RELEASE!!
- Pretty Instinct (A New Adult/Erotic Romance) by S.E. Hall <— Super saled!! Ashley loved it! “Read “Pretty Instinct” by S.E. Hall in one day this weekend!!! Definitely 5 stars for me. I cannot even think about starting another book right now which seals it as a definite top on my list!“
- Darkfever: Fever Series Book 1 by Karen Marie Moning <— ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!! On sale super-saled!!! Here’s my review: Darkfever
- Zane (Inked Brotherhood Book 3) by Jo Raven <— SO many great reviews!!
- Debt Inheritance (Indebted Book 1) by Pepper Winters <— Komal loves it! “definitely need to read indebted series by Pepper winters….it’s soooo good..i stumbled across it yesterday and its every bit as dark/angsty as could ever want in a story.”
- Push by Claire Wallis <— since the release of book #2, we have some new fellow readers loving #1! Like Chrissy: “Maryse I just finished Push by Claire Wallis! Ahhhhhhhh! WTF were my words when I finished. Crazy and twisted!!! I usually just see what you recommend and go in blind, so I hadn’t read your review.”
- Beautiful Outlaw (Savage Outlaws MC Book 1) by Emily Minton <– Crystal loved this recent release! “Y’all have got to read Beautiful Outlaw by Emily Minton!! One of my favorites so far!!!”
- The Void (Witching Savannah Book 3) by J. D. Horn
- Time Out of Mind: Cora’s Bond Vampire Series #3 by V.M. Black
- The Hunted Heart (Redwood Pack) by Carrie Ann Ryan
- Touch of Desire (Ashwood Falls) by Lia Davis
- Alpha’s Sacrifice (Fallen Alpha) by Rebecca Royce
- Veiled Intentions by Kate Allenton
- Sangue Fever by Ann Mayburn
- Wicked Witches of the West: Rowan’s Ascension (Volume 1) by Beth Williamson
- A Cursed Bloodline: A Weird Girls Novel by Cecy Robson
- Blood Chained (Dark Siren Book 3) by Eden Ashley
- Jackal’s Measure (Ludos Deorum Book 2) by Marie Harte
- Cyber Illusions (Sensory Ops) by Nikki Duncan
- Silent Night: Vampire Holiday Romance (The Night Songs Collection Book 4) by Kristen Strassel
- No Restraint (Sypricon Masters Book 3) by Sara Brookes
- Witches’ Waves (Duals and Donovans: The Different) by Teresa Noelle Roberts
- Captivated By You (Crossfire, Book 4) by Sylvia Day
- For the Record (The Record Series Book 3) by K.A. Linde
- Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River Novella, Book 4) by Melinda Leigh
- Hart Attack (Titan Book 7) by Cristin Harber
- SEALs of Winter: A military romance super bundle by Cora Seton, Elle Kennedy, Anne Marsh, Elle James, Jennifer Lowery, S.M. Butler, Delilah Devlin, Kimberley Troutte, Zoe York
- Flirting With Love (Love in Bloom: The Bradens) Contemporary Romance by Melissa Foster
- Ella and Micha: Infinitely and Always (A Novella) (The Secret) by Jessica Sorensen
- A Family Affair: Christmas (Truth in Lies, Book 5) by Mary Campisi
- Wanton Christmas Wishes by Kate Pearce, Monica Burns, Madelynne Ellis, Samantha Kane, Eliza Lloyd, Jess Michaels
- Deception and Surrender: with the BONUS novella, The Billionaire’s Reunion (The Billionaire’s Temptation Series Book 4) by Cali MacKay
- The Perfect Ingredient (Dare Valley) by Ava Miles <— “Terrance Waters may look like a sexy Alpha Navy Seal, but he’s actually a celebrity chef. His star is rising with a new primetime TV reality cooking show until his dream hits a snag. His bad-boy image needs to be cleaned up. He’s arrived in Dare Valley to show the network how squeaky clean he can be, working as the head chef at Dare Valley’s famous hotel.“
- I Belong to You (Inside Out Series) by Lisa Renee Jones
- Poles Apart by Kirsty Moseley <—RACE CAR DRIVER & STRIPPER “Carson Matthews, the hottest driver ever to hit the MotoGP circuit, is living the carefree, celebrity lifestyle. With little to worry about, other than keeping himself top of the leader board, his favourite weekend pastime is visiting a certain blonde at Angels Gentlemen’s Club. She’s a pole dancer…“
- Top Dog: Heroes of Henderson ~ Book 3 by Liz Kelly
- Captive Films 1.1 by Jillian Dodd <— NEW SERIAL SERIES!
- Taking Out The Mother Of the Bride and Other Christmas Wishes by Avery Gale
- The Man In The Arena Collection: Sexy Romantic Suspense (The Man in the Arena Series Book 4) by Taylor Lee
- Forced Disappearance by Dana Marton
- Betting On It: A Callahan Brewery Novel by Violet Blake <— “On the eve of her canceled wedding, her so-called friends formulate a bet to dig Blair out of her rut: in the next thirty days, she has to complete ten erotic dares that would make most married women blush. The stakes are high, and this is one bet she can’t lose.“
- Only Love by Victoria H. Smith & Raven St. Pierre <— COP ALERT! “Cops around here aren’t exactly honorable, and yet, I found myself trusting the one in my own backyard, quite literally the floor above me. Still, my instincts have been wrong before. My heart tells me to let him in completely, to love him completely…“
- The Perfect Date by Julie Kenner, Tammy Falkner, Marquita Valentine, Ava Stone, Lori Handeland, Claudia Dain, Deb Marlowe, Jerrica Knight-Catania, Sarra Cannon, Catherine Gayle, Andris Bear, Caren Crane, Linda Winstead Jones, Dee Davis, Susan Sey, Jane Charles, Susan Gee Heino, Michelle Marcos
- Kisses Sweeter Than Wine (Tastes of Seduction Book 3) by Jess Dee <— M/M/F
- Operation Family (SEALed for You Book 4) by Marissa Dobson
- Starr’s Awakening (Red Starr, The Prequel) by Kennedy Layne
- The Husband Beside Me (The Devil Trilogy Book 2) by Evangelene
- Red by Kim Jones <— JUST RELEASED!! She’s a famous stripper with an addiction… “Facing three to five years in a federal penitentiary, Red feels like her life is over. But, just like he always does, Luke Carmical, her childhood best friend, comes to the rescue. Only this time, he’s brought Devil’s Renegades Regg with him. Having no other option, Red is forced to spend the next ninety days in a place she’s never been and in the care of a man she hardly knows.“
- Forbidden Rescue (The Watchers Book 1) by Heather Long
- Home For Christmas (Novella) by Nora Roberts
- The Bones of You by Laura Stone
- Living in Sin (Living In…) by Jackie Ashenden
- Intrepid: Book 6 of a New Life Series by Samantha Jacobey
- Wild: The Ivy Chronicles by Sophie Jordan <— “In the shadowy den of the kink club, she unexpectedly runs into Logan Mulvaney, her friend’s little brother. A player extraordinaire too hot for his own good, he may be younger, but the guy is light years ahead when it comes to sexual experience. Now he’s telling her to go home—“good girls” don’t belong here!“
- As Tears Go By (McCullough Mountain Book 6) by Lydia Michaels
- Bones Along The Hill by Nancy Sartor
- One Condition: The Lust List: Kaidan Stone #1 by Nova Raines <— “When scandal follows them everywhere, there’s no hiding from the cameras. They’re irresistible, insatiable—and talented in all the right ways. Every woman wants them. But these playboys won’t be easy to catch…“
- Three Times Lucky: Five Sizzling Tales of Three-Way Love by Kim Carmichael, Solera Winters, Louisa Bacio, Dorothy F. Shaw, Sascha Illyvich, Chelle
- Holiday on Ice (A Play-by-Play Novel) by Jaci Burton
- Spice (Fate) by Jenna Jameson
- Raindrops on Roses: Book One of the Favorite Things Trilogy by Millennia Black
- Larger Than Life (Smithson Group (SG-5) Book 6) by Alison Kent
- Champagne and Bullets: Book 1 (Military Moguls) by Olivia Jaymes
- First Taste: The Lust List: Devon Stone by Mira Bailee
- Tears At Dawn by A.B. Leake
- Zoey And The Nice Guy (Big Girl Panties Book 1) by Carter Ashby <— “After finding out that his brother is an abusive monster, he can’t help but question himself and his parents. The one thing he knows for certain is that he’ll do anything to take care of his sister-in-law and her children. For them, he would walk into gunfire, pass through the flames of hell…even go head-to-head with Zoey Odell.“
- The Laws of Seduction: A French Kiss Novel by Gwen Jones
- Keep It Secret (KIS Series Book 1) by Olivia Snow
- Matchless (Black Brothers Trilogy Book 2) by Brynley Bush
- Discovering Me (Breakneck Series Book 4) by Crystal Spears
- Taking A Chance (Chance Series Book 1) by Kacey Hamford <— “Jacob and Rose begin dating, but the course of true love never runs smooth and it’s not long before Jacob is hiding things from Rose…”
- Unwrapped (A Silver Creek Romance) by Maisey Yates <— “They were both in it for one night with no strings attached.. But when Sarah discovers that Walker is the father of her new student, things turn deliciously complicated. Can the cold winter nights thaw two frozen hearts?”
- The Space Between (The Walsh Series Book 2) by Kate Canterbary
- Riding Steele #4: Wanted (Ready To Ride) by Opal Carew
- A Cowboy’s Christmas Promise by Maggie McGinnis
- This Christmas by Katlyn Duncan
- Divorced, Desperate and Dead (Divorced and Desperate Book 5) by Christie Craig
- Taming Her Boss by C.M. Stunich
- When Ash Falls (London Fairy Tales Book 4) by Rachel Van Dyken
- Bound For Me (Be for Me: Connor) by Natalie Anderson
- Bend, Don’t Break (Irrevocable Book 2) by Skye Callahan
- Game For Tonight (Entangled Brazen) (Game for It) by Karen Erickson
- VIP (Rock & Release, Act I) by Riley Edgewood <— ROCK STAR ALERT! “When Cassidy Evans scores VIP tickets to a concert, she decides to use them for one carefree night before beginning a summer internship at her father’s Fortune 500 company. But one carefree night turns into a few too many martinis–with two unexpected twists: A steamy encounter with Gage Logan, sexy singer and guitarist, and a tempting job offer from Gage’s boss to work at the concert venue she now knows quite intimately.“
- The Law of Moses by Amy Harmon – expected release date November 27th 2014
Read Captivated this morning..gotta say, I wasn’t very happy with it. The reviews are terrible. The storyline doesn’t move forward @ all. Gideon is kinda whiny & desperate & cries & begs….NOT the Gideon we know & love. Whole lotta sex though. And fights. And sex.
I read captivated this morning aswell I kind of liked that we got both Gideon and Eva’s PoV on this one but the ending was very annoying sort of like she just didn’t finish the story.
Anyhow onto mercy Thompson book 3 I’m loving them! I feel like I’m team Adam but I don’t think we get to hear enough about him I think I might be team Ben to I kinda like him!! Who did u guys like best?
Captivated….I was already Gideon and Eva who??? I broke down anyway…and I WAS. NOT. WRONG…. when did Gideon become so whiney? I dunno…this should have been done in three books…this feels very streched out without a continuation and I will not be reading about them anymore…sorry Sylvia Day.
Oh Ben, so broken. I was definitely for Adam. Laura I’m glad you are liking them! You must be one of the fast readers too.
I grabbed a couple sales but otherwise nothing I need to one click today.
I had Phenomenal x on MY so finishing that tonight & then done with KU. It’s kind of a meh read. Think I’ll finish DSM after that.
Laura – you’re way better off sticking with Mercy Thompson – they just get better and better – and I am team Adam all the way. You just wait!!! And read the spinoff series, Alpha & Omega…. Charles’ story – love that too.
Not sure I want to read a whiney Gideon! And this is not the end of the 4-book TRILOGY? It’s now a 5 book TRILOGY? Someone needs to tell Ms. Day what TRIlogy means……..
Yes, someone please explain the meaning of a trilogy…Yes I broke down and am reading it but so far I see a lot of unnecessary plots!
Just noticed book I was reading was book 1 & I’m not liking it enough to follow into another book. So, done with that one,lol.
Maryse you are being very quiet. Please tell me it is because you found a gem of a book.
All of those holiday-themed books have me wanting a peppermint hot chocolate and ready to start Christmas shopping! 😀
Oh! This would be perfect after a long day of shopping…or one-clicking. Whatever. 😉
I’m disappointed to hear about Captivated. I’m not sure if I’ll try it if it’s about a whiny guy instead of our normal Gideon. I’m reading the first from the list on Sat? I think? Devil’s Eyes. Soooooooo good. I did get Off the Record. I just have to finish Devil’s Eye’s first, and I’m savoring it currently.
Amy that looks so good. I have a few holiday books I keep meaning to read. Maybe this year…
I had to 1 cclick Running Barefoot at that sale price! Trying to be good and not go 1 click crazy cause I’m swamped at work till mid Dec
I one clicked Running Barefoot too. Earlier today I grabbed Sweet Gum Tree and Blank Slate by Tiffany Snow. I loved her Kathleen Turner series so I thought I would give it a try.
I just finished The Sweet Gum Tree. I loved it. Thanks to everyone who recommended it. 😉
Ok, starting Captivated, even though I’m apprehensive after reading the above comments.
Grrrrr… 🙁 Started Captivated today during my lunch break and I’m just not feeling it yet! I agree with the previous comments. Gideon seems whiny and, dare I say, annoying? I’m only about halfway so I’m hoping it improves. Read After the Rain yesterday and enjoyed it. It was moving and poignant and definitely had me crying more than a couple times, but the end felt a little disjointed. Running Barefoot sounds really good. I think that just moved to the top of my TBR list. And I can’t wait for the Law of Moses!
Laura, I’m jealous. I love the Mercy Thompson series and you get to read it for the first time. Don’t forget the Alpha and Omega books when you are done. I actually like their story more. It’s sweet and great to watch Anna grow into herself.
Finished Devil Eyes and very good. A little predictable towards the end, but then again, it’s book one of six. It was inevitable it would have a little predictability. Still loved it.
Anyone who isn’t scared of CH, read Debt Inheritance. Seriously. Just go read! 🙂
I’ll second Tessa’s comments above read Debt Inheritance by Pepper Winters, it’s brilliant if you aren’t afraid of a little darkness. Book two – First Debt – also came out last week and it is better than the first. The way she weaves the story line has you captivated even if it is a little wrong.
I have just finished ‘Thoughtless’ and ‘Effortless’ and now reading ‘Reckless’. Whenever I decide to read a love triangle I have to really pluck courage and talk myself to go for it as I have a real issue with cheating. These books have literally consumed me and taken over my life and every thought, the angst in the books gave me a headache, I am reading the last one now but my heart was in my mouth the entire time and I still have ‘Reckless’ to finish. The best books ever.
After this I will need to read a soft and fluffy romance with no angst. Any suggestions ????
Damn, so many of these sound awesome. Too many good books and not enough time to indulge in them.
I am reading Effortless right now and I am so mad at the way I think this is going. I almost don’t want to finish it.
Excited about The Void – it’s a great series for paranormal fans out there.
Also if you like paranormal, The Secret Dead by SW Fairbrother is free today – it was recommended by a friend so I haven’t read it yet.
Thief: The Scarab Beetle Series Book 1 by CL Stone is also free – I *highly* recommended the related Ghostbird Series. I haven’t read this series yet but it looks like a similar premise.
Shell not sure of your preferences but Julie Garwood Scottish historicals are tied up with big fluffy pink bows. Lisa Kleypas historical s bring the ROMANCE. Susan Elizabeth Phillips Heaven, Texas & Lady be good are so fun. RL Mathewson is funny and romantic. Katie Macalister Men in Kilts is one I want to read again to see if I love it as much. Funny and made me want to move to the highlands with a sheep farmer, lol. Puddle Jumping is a very sweet novella that I definitely rec.
Not sure if any of these fit and I mention them slot but there you go.
I am so excited – have you seen that Colleen Hoover is releasing a novella on monday – “Maybe not” telling Warren and Bridgettes story from Maybe Someday. The best news of the week 🙂 🙂
Thanks Bev that’s quite a list of recommendation for me to look into and I am sooooo excited. I have read Puddle Jumping and I loved it, have you read any more similar books, if you have pls do let me know.
Omg Pia! That’s amazing news. Thanks for sharing.
Yay Cheryl! Another Sweet Gum Tree lover! 😀 And how exciting about the Maybe Not novella…thanks for that great news, Pia!!!
I want to read Debt Inheritance because I liked her Monsters in the Dark series, but I will probably wait until closer to the release date of the next book…I *really* don’t like cliffhangers!
Shell and Tracy…you ladies need my manatee? How about a big hug as well? I’m in a snuggly mood today. 😉 Thoughtless with its delicious angst was the “gateway read” to my angst addiction. It chewed me up, digested me and puked me up only to stomp all over me…and I loved every second of it!
Light Shadows by SL Jennings is now available.
There WERE no plots in Captivated…seemed like every time a subject was touched on….Corinne (Gideon ex), Anne (the Dr’s wife & Gideon ex), Brett Kline (Eva’s ex)…it was abandoned immediately. The Brett & Eva sex tape was mentioned but nothing else. Same with the other plots. Cary was barely in this book & his friendship with Eva is a HUGE part of the story. I just wanted to slap Gideon & tell him to man the f**k up….or just burn his man card cuz he didn’t need it anymore.
The most amazing book is on sale. Unbreakable by Laura Hillenbrand. It is an amazing story that is beautiful and so heartbreaking. Some parts are very difficult to read but it will stay with you.
Shell sorry I tend to hear rec as sit and tell me of all the books,lol. From Puddle Jumping you may want to try The Madness of Sir Ian Mackenzie. Great read.
Amy I felt the same way with ‘Thoughtless’, still feeling it and I think it will take a long while to get over it but I will read these books again as they are that good, I could really do with a group hug and I am not a touchy feely kind of person so you can imagine what this writer has done to me. I feel like I have been put in a washing machine and no body has remembered to take me out.
Thanks Bev will try all your recommendations out. All look amazing.
I ended up finishing Abduction. I don’t know why, other than I hate leaving a book unfinished. I was never really able to get into a single character’s head and connect. Because of that, it felt more like porn to me than erotica. You know, the kind of porn guys prefer, with lots of graphics and little emotion/story. <— I guess it's bad for me to say that. Never good to group people into a category and I don't mean it as offensive. Hopefully you ladies get my meaning.
I did see that there's a novella for Conrad. Conrad's First Girl by Varian Krylov. Can I admit that he's the only character that intrigued me?
I have NO idea what to read next. But I'm extremely tempted by Hoover's novella. God, I loved that book.
YES!!!!!!! That’s how I felt about Abduction!! I read it (or tried too) a year or two ago and it had such great reviews but I couldn’t get into it. Too much in their own heads and toooooooo much er…. “dark erotica” constantly. And pretty much up to the point I put it down… that too was only in their heads.
Oh Light Shadows is available – that’s an easy 1-click for me.
Unbroken (not Unbreakable I think?) I agree Bev was amazing – movie directed by Angelina Jolie comes out around Christmas. I’m finishing up the third Romig book today (yes I hated the setup and the characters still annoy me to no end but I can’t stop reading…you figure it out?!) but do you want to start The Resistance or if anyone was still thinking about Eversea tomorrow for a buddy read?
Fabi, sorry it was a crappy one from Krylov. I actually downgraded my rating to 2 stars yesterday when I officially recorded it. I have Conrad’s First Girl and Lord Melchior, both novellas, that I was going to try out. I also added Bad Things to my borrow list since I’m ready for it now… I think… so hopefully I get the loan soon.
Fabi, I totally snorted when I read your Abduction porn vs. erotica comment.
Oh Shell, hopefully I won’t drive you crazy because I *am* a touchy feely person and I love to snuggle and cuddle and give hugs, especially when books work us over. 😉
Light Shadows is out?!?!?!?!? SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Tessa!!! Seriously, the second book was probably the most angsty PNR I have ever read…and if there was a PNR that was more angsty then I can’t think of it right now. That second book gave me tummy and heart pains!
Off topic, but Charlie Hunnam and Jimmy Smits both breaking down and sobbing together…saddest effing thing ever. *sob*
Michelle, not sure if me or auto correct. That book is too good to be misnamed. I definitely want to see the movie and encourage anyone to read it. So amazing. Parts I can not forget and maybe shouldn’t.
I have both of those books and would be up to reading either.
Amy you make me laugh.
Fabi – you could always move on to book two in the Tairen Soul series – that series only gets better with each one! just sayin’…..
ONE CLICK … Light Shadows…. loved this series. But I have to say, it’s one of those that I loved while I was reading it, and then I can’t remember anything months later. A true 5 star PNR for me – I remember almost everything (early BDB, early Midnight breed, Fae Chronicles, etc).
MichellS I don’t have book 2 in the Tairen Soul series yet otherwise I’d jump on that. Book 1 was awesome!
I was debating whether to go to a PNR or YA for a change of pace from Abduction. I ran across one on my tbr that is both. LOL at tbr lists. Eyes of the Woods by Eden Fierce. This came out several months ago. It’s a young author too. I bought it for several reasons but what really caught my eye was the beautiful cover. It’s really short so it won’t take me long to read and be ready for Friday’s list.
Michelle, when you read Bad Things let me know. I’ll take a 3rd go round at it. Don’t forget to put Dangerously Happy on your radar. I think I’m going to go ahead and pick up Conrad’s novella if it’s not too pricey. I’d love to get in his head.
Amy, umm, yeah, my comment earlier came out a lot more inappropriate than I meant it to. Wasn’t bashing I swear.
Bev…seriously, it was sooooo sad!! I was teary eyed and wanted to group-hug-sob with them! Only two more episodes in Sons of Anarchy and then it’s all over. 🙁 And to think I had never watched it before January of this year and watched seven seasons in eleven months’ time…
Pfft Fabi…we’re all friends here! 😉
Fabi emailed ya Krylov surprise 🙂
Tara Sivec has her whole Playing with Fire series bundled together for 99 cents. A blog/review site I visit really likes this series.
Bev you pick which one you want to read – I need to read both anyway before my borrow time is up.
Ok Fabi I added Dangerously Happy to my borrow list.
Oh the Tairen Soul series…I have all the books and it’s just been on my tbr for way too long. I will make it a point to read before the end of the year.
How about the Resistance? But if by tomorrow anyone wants to join in for Eversea. I don’t mind changing. Actor or Rock Star both sound fun at the end of a long day. And a good start to the weekend.
Michelle thanks so much !!!
And count me in when you get to book 2 of Tairen Soul. Although I better start 2 when you start 1 just to keep up with you. This is another of MichelleS’s great recommendations.
Haaa Maryse, when you said “dark erotica” you meant porn didn’t ya? Come on, admit it. LOL You’re always way nicer than I am.
Yay glad you got them Fabi – you can share with Jean, MichelleS, etc. if you have their emails. I for sure NEED to read the Tairen Soul series so you got yourself a deal
Ok Bev The Resistance it is! I will plan to start tonight. After that I’m rolling right into Eversea.
Michelle, going to start in just a bit on commute home. Hope it is a good one.
Michelle, I’m only at 33% and starting to warm up to Holliday. I had a hard time clicking with her at first. Question. Did I miss when it says what her tattoo is? Dalton has mentioned several times what a great one it is, but I still have no idea.
Bev, I got home too late last night to start so I’m just sitting down now. I need to play catch up now but I will keep my eyes peeled for the mention of a tattoo.
Michelle, you’ll prob overtake me in like 20 minutes. Reading it in snippets right now between things.
Ok I’m caught up at 35% and done with cleaning so now I can really dig in. They haven’t said what her tattoo is yet. The book is kinda fluffy for me so far – no real connection. It’s entertaining though but nothing deep happening here.
Now you can really dig in? Lol. Wish I could read as fast as you ladies. I’m having a little difficulty with how in one paragraph she is having thoughts that make it seem as if she really knows him and how he has changed and in the next she is thinking about how she doesn’t know him. I feel like I’ve missed something in their relationship. With the talk of exes and past exploits feel like I’ll be hitting the angst soon~always fun
Something angsty better happen soon because so far it needs some spice. Well they really didn’t have a relationship imo before they left Las Vegas – it was all very superficial. I have trouble with books like this where it moves too fast and I can never connect with the characters after the fact even if it does slow down.
Michelle sometimes the insta love can be fun but when they take the time to fall gives me time to fall with them. So you are prob cruising way ahead of me but that pool scene and the shower after made me so mad at him.
So it’s hard for me to think of real rock stars going to weddings for publicity. Pop stars or those who are ffamous from competitions yes.
Yeah it has to be really well written and still have a foot in ‘real’ land for me to get swept into the fast relationship. I was mad at him as well with the pool scene like what does he expect being a rock star with groupies!? There is a shocker coming up and I say that loosely since it bared blipped on my emotion meter. I just do not know the characters well enough to care at this point. I have 25% to finish and it’s dragging…I’m ready for the next read. Boo we picked a bummer for a buddy read. We need to read a deeper historical romance together – oh wait Tapestry! Have you read it yet? I picked it up when it was on sale. When you are in the mood we should tackle that one 🙂
Yes it could of had more of an impact if we had gotten to know that side of his life more. Also the music seems to be missing for it being a rock star book. The Edge of Never was mentioned on this Friday’s thread & that is a book that lets you feel and hear the music. One other little thing I’ve noticed in other books the character nodding when disagreeing. I think of a nod being yes a head shake as no.
I’m glad to read it cause I had it in my kindle books. So nice to make any headway. I pulled up a lot of different books as a “stack” & Tapestry was one, so any time.
I have the Edge of Never on my tbr. You say it has a music theme? Is it good? Will it make me cry? I’m looking for my next read again.
Fabi it is a great read. It is what I would consider a standalone but then the author wrote a sequel. Haven’t read that yet. I think you would really like it as music and the guitar do play apart. Honestly Fabi I think it might be right up your alley with some of the books you’ve loved. You may cry.
Ok I finished. Yeah I wish there was more music, lyrics, something artistic. Liked the Edge of Never – read it a while ago though. I didn’t notice the head nod thing. It’s getting 3 stars from me – enjoyable but nothing remarkable.
Oh and you said you couldn’t get into Consequences before right. Well I read books 1-3 in the series this week and you should give them another go. I completely agree they started off as an uphill climb for me and I actually think I was like 75% through the first one before I realized the bigger picture I was missing…thought I was reading a romance and in that mindset you will go insane with the plot. It’s difficult too since the characters make it hard to like them and I wanted to smack them both. By the second book I was hooked and the story is really very intriguing and mysterious with LOTS of twists and turns.
Ok now what to read…I guess I will stick with Eversea but I really want to jump to Light Shadows instead.
I have the first book in that Light Shadows series but not the next two.
I’ve had Edge of Never forever. Since anything music related is a hot button for me, that’s the one I’m starting next. Thanks for the info!!!
So this may sound harsh but so RELIEVED to finish that, lol. That last part it did drag.
I’ll think about the other series. I do get caught up in thinking the recs on here are all romances.
Next for me is a thanksgiving timed novella, His Road Home.
We’ll, shoot, I opened up The Edge of Never and realized I’ve already read it. I don’t remember much about it other than there was a bus ride or something but I don’t think I’m going to re-read. It would probably come back to me as I was reading it and I’m just not in the mood for a re-read tonight. Back to the drawing board.
It didn’t stick with me either Fabi but I remember it was good.
Yeah Bev I’m glad to be done with that one too. Hey now it’s off our lists at least right?
So nice to cross one off my tbr. Hey, did you catch any mention of her family?
Any mention of Holliday’s family? Nope they didn’t say anything about them. I really want to reread the Mercy books now…trying to be motivated and read another borrow with Eversea but I’m really tempted to abort