Hey guess what?!! It’s my FAVORITE time of the year!! We’re finally heading into HAPPY HOLIDAY seasons, and just finished an awesome Halloween, and we kick off the new month with a HUGE new release day. 100+ again, but of course I highlighted a bunch to help you sort ’em, plus…
Here’s my own mini-blurb jolt list: HALO (this is one of my BIG blurb-jolts of the day. The blurb gave me a jolt… she’s left pregnant when her husband goes into the military… but it’s the end of that blurb that had me mini-gasp!! I’m SO curious!!), I See You. (That one up there to the left. Molly McAdams is one of our queen’s of angst, and this one is touted as a love triangle the likes of Twilight. YAY!!) Breaking Cage (Famous football star and the reporter that he insists on not talking to), Unnatural Deeds (creepy psych-thriller that sounds right up my dark alley!! I think it’s about obsession, or stalker-ing, or… something? No matter, I’m seeing words from reviews like “creepy” and “shocking”. YES PLEASE!!!)
P.S. In case you missed it with all of the Halloween fun yesterday, don’t forget to check out yesterday’s ➔ Monday Earlybirds (LOTS of good ones came out a day early)!
P.P.S. What am I reading now? A Love Letter to Whiskey <— Okay yeah. All I’ve been seeing in my comments, recommendations, and newsfeed is that THIS one is like our old-school indie new adult romances, and it is ANGSTY AS… well, you know. 😉 To the point of infuriation. So I one clicked it.
Jenn: My fav October read was actually a first for me from this author “A Love Letter to Whiskey” Kandi Steiner and I loved it so much I immediately bought and read another book from her called “Weightless” both forever faves and 5 star reads!
Nay: My favorite October read was also “A Love Letter to Whiskey” by Kandi Steiner. I think it’ll also end of being one of my top 5 for 2016. Major tummy-twisting angst! … The gut-wrenching feelings it gave me reminded me of what I felt when I read Thoughtless, and I haven’t had a book do that to me in a long time. So if you enjoyed the angst of Thoughtless, you might want to give it a try!
In fact, I’m reading it as we speak. And when I read this part… I KNEW I was in for it. YAY ME!!!!!
I didn’t even have time to call dibs, I couldn’t even think the word, let alone say it, before it was too late. I watched it, in slow motion, as Whiskey fell for my best friend before I even had the chance to say a single word to him.”
GASP!!! MINE! 😉
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. ➔ Follow me (and Pimmie AND Hobbit – my sweet puppies – yep, I have a new addition!) on Instagram? That would be SO cool!!!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Fix Up by Kendall Ryan
- I See You: A Novel by Molly McAdams
- Archangel’s Heart: Guild Hunter Series, Book 9 by Nalini Singh
- Jaguin’s Love: The Dragon Lords of Valdier, Book 8 by S.E. Smith
- Worth the Risk: St. James, Book 3 by Jamie Beck
- Hang Tough: Blacktop Cowboys Series, Book 8 by Lorelei James
- The Award by Danielle Steele
- Rendezvous with Yesterday: Gifted Ones Series, Book 2 by Dianne Duvall
- Den of Wolves: Blackthorn & Grim, Book 3 by Juliet Marillier
- Unquiet Land: Elemental Blessings, Book 4 by Sharon Shinn
- Billionaire on the Loose: Billionaires and Bridesmaids Series, Book 5 by Jessica Clare
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Beautiful (The Beautiful Series Book 10) by Christina Lauren <— Jan chooses these as her October favorites:
- Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas <— BEST PENPAL FRIENDS UNTIL HE FINALLY SEES HER… and yep. I’m bringing this one back ’cause of a quote I read yesterday floating around on my newsfeed that made my jaw drop. OH. EM. GEE. HOW DARE HE!!!!
- Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan <— ONE OF MY 5-STAR FAVORITES!! HE’S A RECLUSE THAT DOESN’T SPEAK. Oooooh you guys!!! This one’s been picked up by a big publisher and has just been re-released at a super-bargain price, and it’s one of my all-time 5-star favorites ever!!! P.S. ALL NEW BONUS SCENE (from his pov)! Here is my book review!!
- Macabre Magic by L.H. Cosway <— TRICK OR TREAT FREEBIE!!! It’s not over for us! Look at this freebie that we can download by L.H. Cosway!!!! 😀 !!!!!!
- Judith McNaught <— BIG HUGE NEWS ALERT!!! HER BOOKS ARE AVAILABLE IN EBOOK FORMAT NOW!! 😀 😀 😀
bev: Maryse! Judith McNaught’s back list is going digital. All those yummy historical romances. You have to feature.
Jan: bev, good news about Judith McNaught’s backlist finally going digital. Some of the sweetest HRs ever.
bev: Jan, makes me want to do re-reads.
Lauren: Whitney, My Love is freakin INCREDIBLE!!!! Royce is an ancestor of the hero in Whitney, My Love, Clayton Westmoreland. Please read it if you haven’t already…..then there’s spinoff books from that one.
- Wicked Little Words by Stevie J. Cole & BT Urruela <— CRAZY SOUNDING PSYCH-THRILLER JUST WENT LIVE YESTERDAY and JenC is already hooked! He’s an author looking for a female co-author… but the murder stories he writes… are real!! *gasp*
Jen C: Wicked Little Words is my Halloween read this year – been hanging out for that book for a while now! Only managed 3 chapters after the Halloween carnage yesterday lol. But so far I AM HOOKED. Can’t wait to see where this is going to go!!
- Archangel’s Heart (A Guild Hunter Novel) by Nalini Singh <— NALINI SINGH ALERT! What a gorgeous cover!!! “New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh takes us into a dangerous and exhilarating world where a deadly, beautiful archangel and his once-mortal consort are caught in a fury of twisted darkness…“
- Illicit: A Novel of the Sazi (Luna Lake) by Cathy Clamp
- Fall into Magic: A Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Collection
- Romancing the Inventor: A Supernatural Society Novella by Gail Carriger
- Ted Online: Ted Stedman Novel 01 by D. R. Rosier
- Once You Go Demon by Sean Michael <— M/M ROMANCE
- Wicked Apprentice (Wicked Magic Book 1) by Madeline Iva
- Dispelled (A Null for Hire Novel Book 1) by Terri L. Austin
- Ruled (The Outlaws Series) by Elle Kennedy <— ELLE KENNEDY POST-APOCALYPTIC ALERT!! “Despite his magnetic personality, Rylan can’t seem to seduce Reese, the deadly leader of their town of outlaws. Winning her over is a welcome challenge, but her indifference isn’t the only thing standing in his way. If he wants Reese, Rylan must also win over Sloan, her stoic protector…“
- Once a Gypsy: The Irish Traveller Series – Book One by Danica Winters
- Haunted Redemption (The Cascade Book 1) by Rebecca Royce
- Assassin’s Awakening (Project Alpha) by N.J. Walters
- Unquiet Land (An Elemental Blessings Novel) by Sharon Shinn
- Breaking Cage by A.J. Pryor <— FOOTBALL STAR & A REPORTER ALERT! She’s got to get his story for her assignment but he HATES the media… “When her new assignment tries to give her the brush off, Hannah won’t take no for an answer, going to extremes to get the attention of this superstar athlete.”
- Tell Me How This Ends by Victoria De La O <— UBER-ANGST LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!!! Amy found us this one, saying: “Read the blurb. Go ahead…I’ll wait. *crosses arms and nods head* Does that say *oomph!* or what?? …Not to mention the cover for TMHTE is sweet and simple. ” GASP!!!!!! Two brothers falling for the same girl… “Lizzie hopes Ryan’s kindness can help heal her wounds from a toxic relationship. But when she meets Jude, their powerful attraction makes him difficult to resist. The problem is, Lizzie doesn’t realize Jude and Ryan are brothers, and they don’t know they’re falling for the same girl.”
- Wishing For Us (A Danvers Novel) by Sydney Landon
- Deadly Obsession (Deadly Series Book 2) by K.L Humphreys
- Fling: a novella by Jana Aston <— SHE’S GOT A HUGE CRUSH ON HER BOSS & HE ACCIDENTALLY FINDS OUT ALERT! “Gabe Laurent is off limits. Totally off limits. Which is fine. I make do with my imagination. He’ll never know. Ever. Unless my work bestie passes me an eighties-style teen movie sex quiz during a meeting and I fill it out. And it ends up in Gabe’s hands…” P.S. It can be read as a standalone.
- Still Waters: The Island\Below the Surface by Heather Graham & Karen Harper
- PAID FOR by Alexa Riley
- First Light by Bill Rancic
- Evelyn, After: A Novel by Victoria Helen Stone <— PSYCH-THRILLER/LOVE STORYish 😉 & IT IS SO GOOD!!! I LOVED THIS ONE! Here’s my review.
- So Twisted (Bad Behavior) by Melissa Marino <— SHE’S THE NANNY TO A SINGLE FATHER ALERT!! But.. “When living under the same roof proves too tempting to resist, Callie and Aaron discover a mind-blowing passion unlike anything either has experienced. But with a curious child and a nosy family in the mix, their secret, no-strings fling soon turns into a twisted, tangled knot . . .“
- Going Deep: An Alpha Ops Novel by Anne Calhoun
- Crazy Little Fling by Dorothy Callahan
- STROKED HARD by Meghan Quinn <— OLYMPIC DIVER ALERT! “What is supposed to be a simple summer fling with a very hot man, has now morphed into a f*cked-up mess of feelings, attachment, and dare I say it…love. But I don’t do relationships. And Hollis Knightly does.“
- Family Sins by Sharon Sala
- Three Christmas Wishes by Sheila Roberts
- Heartstrings: A Dirty Affliction Novel by Regina Frame <— BROKEN ROCK STAR ALERT!!!
- Cherry Bomb: Forbidden Bad Boys (Sunsetters Book 1) by Clara Leigh <— FAMOUS BAD-BOY ACTOR ALERT!!
- Shadows Of Hunters Ridge by Sarah Barrie
- In Bed With the Billionaire (Nine Circles) by Jackie Ashenden
- Because Beards by Alexis Alvarez, Kacey Shea, Scott Hildreth, Renee Rose, Leslie McAdam, Maria Monroe, Ace Gray, Martha Sweeney, Faith Andrews, Angelita Gill, J. Quist, Jeannine Colette, RC Martin, Hayley Faiman, Ruthie Hendrick, Jerica MacMillan, Evie Lauren, M. Andrews, Adrienne Perry, Tom Sweeney, Emmanuelle de Maupassant <— ANTHOLOGY ALERT (and for a cause!) “Lose yourself in this tantalizing collection of original short stories by your favorite romance authors in support of a great cause. Hipster CEO, bartender, best friend, baseball player—just to name a few—these men all have one thing in common: they’re bearded for your pleasure and deliver one hell of a happy ever after...”
- Not a Word by Stephanie Black
- Ten Thousand Hours by Ren Benton
- The Broken Road to Forever by Rhonda Dennis and LK Owen
- HALO by R.C. Stephens <— BLURB JOLT ALERT!!! HER HUSBAND ENLISTS AND LEAVES HER PREGNANT… “At twenty five he left me pregnant and didn’t turn back. I knew he was suffering…. I also knew I couldn’t save him. He left me broken. I was scared and alone. Until I met Ryder St. John a wounded soldier… He was lost. I was lost. Together we made sense. I fell in love again. What Ryder forgot to mention was that he held a secret so explosive that it could shatter both our worlds…” <— eeeeeep!! It sounds so good!!
- Burning Obsession: 100 Shades of Sin by Calista Fox
- All The Ways You Saved Me (Love Unplugged) by Jamie Howard
- Necessary Evil (Sentinels of Babylon) by Jamie K. Schmidt <— VIGILANTE BIKER!!
- Looking Inside by Beth Kery <— BETH KERY ALERT! She sees him in his window… “Eleanor Briggs just can’t help herself. The sight of the man in the high-rise across the street is driving her wild. She longs to feel his touch up close and personal. To win him over, she’ll need to shake off her wallflower sensibilities and become the seductress she never imagined she could be. The only trouble will be finding the perfect way to meet him…“
- Whiskey Eyes (Sparks in Texas Book 5) by Mari Carr
- Vines (The Killers Book 1) by Brynne Asher
- The Promise of Rayne by Nicole Deese
- Built for Love by Lori Foster
- Paparazzi (Evermore Series Book 3) by Andrea Smith
- Jed Had to Die by Tara Sivec <— TARA SIVEC ROMANCE COMEDY ALERT!!! She’s forced to return to her small home town… “Leo is still hot on her heels, but now he’s wearing a sheriff badge and dead set on solving a murder that may or may not involve Payton…along with half the town. In a place where the biggest crime happened the day someone kicked a few of his cows, people are pointing fingers, rumors are spreading like wildfire, and Payton swears she’s only making out with the sweet-talking, studly sheriff to distract him from the secrets she’s keeping.“
- Fatal Frost (Defenders of Justice Book #1) by Nancy Mehl
- KON (Trassato Crime Family Book 2) by Lisa Cardiff
- Hollow by Karlee Winters
- Hang Tough (Blacktop Cowboys Novel) by Lorelei James <— LORELEI JAMES ALERT! REAL-DEAL COWBOY… “While Tobin might be the hottest man Jade Evans has ever seen, his physical attributes won’t distract her from protecting her grandma from his sweet-talking ways. But the stubborn cowboy digs in his boot heels and refuses to leave. Stuck in close quarters together, Jade learns Tobin is the real deal—a hardworking, fiercely loyal man and she’s the one in danger of losing her heart...”
- What You Do to Me (The Haneys Book 1) by Barbara Longley
- Beautiful Crazy (Rock ‘n’ Ink Book 1) by Kasey Lane
- The Christmas Cabin by J.L. Jarvis
- At Last (The Brooklyn Brotherhood) by Addison Fox
- I See You: A Novel by Molly McAdams <— MOLLY MCADAMS LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!!! “New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Molly McAdams’ powerful new novel offers one of the most memorable love triangles in fiction since Twilight—perfect for fans of New Adult fiction like Jamie McGuire, Abbi Glines, and Tamarra Webber…”
- Claim (Splendor Book 3) by Janet Nissenson
- A Different Christmas by KM Lowe
- Chasing Brynn (A Tempting Novel Book 2) by Angela Corbett
- Explosive Forces: A K-9 Rescue Novel by D. D. Ayres
- The Award: A Novel by Danielle Steele <— DANIELLE STEELE ALERT!! GERMANY OCCUPIES FRANCE AND HER LIFE IS FOREVER CHANGED, but “…her missions will mark her for years, when she is falsely accused of collaboration at the end of the war. Orphaned and alone, she begins a new life in Paris, with the ghosts of the past always close at hand. Gaëlle’s life will take her from Paris to New York, from a career as a Dior model to marriage and motherhood, unbearable loss, and mature, lasting love...”
- Trillionaire Boys’ Club: The Connector by Aubrey Parker
- Sins of the Father: Rose Gardner Mystery Novella 9.5 by Denise Grover Swank
- Her Naughty Holiday (Men at Work) by Tiffany Reisz
- SO FOR REAL: A Sugar Baby Novella by Rebekah Weatherspoon
- Daughters of a Nation: A Black Suffragette Historical Romance Anthology by Kianna Alexander, Alyssa Cole, Lena Hart, Piper Huguley
- Lucas – A Preston Brothers Novel (Book 1): A More Than Series Spin-off by Jay McLean <— SHE’S HIS BEST FRIEND BUT… “It took only sixteen clicks and eight seconds for Lucas to realize that his like for Laney had turned into love. Eight life-changing seconds. It’s also the exact length of time it took to lose her.“
- His to Cherish: A Fireside Novel by Stacey Lynn
- Wishing For Us: A Danvers Novel by Sydney Landon
- Unnatural Deeds by Cyn Balog <— EEEEEP!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT & THAT BLURB SCARES ME!!!! And I wanna read this badly! I skimmed reviews VERY lightly, because the blurb is just vague enough to have me wondering, but I’ seeing words like “creepy” and thrill… and shocking. GASP!!! <— I’m ON IT! “Victoria Zell doesn’t fit in, not that she cares what anyone thinks. She and her homeschooled boyfriend, Andrew, are inseparable. All they need is each other. That is, until Zachary Zimmerman joins her homeroom. Within an hour of meeting, he convinces good-girl Vic to cut class. And she can’t get enough of that rush…“
- Honor Bound (The Montana Hamiltons) by B.J. Daniels
- Master Bits & Mercenary Bites (Masters and Mercenaries) by Lexi Blake & Suzanne M. Johnson <— IT’S A COOKBOOK!!!!
- All I Want For Christmas (14 Christmas Novellas to Benefit Diabetes Research) by Debbie Macomber, Bella Andre, Melody Anne, Violet Duke, Marie Force, Brenda Novak, Laurelin Paige, Jane Porter, Melanie Shawn, RaeAnne Thayne
- Running Wild: An LCR Elite Novel by Christy Reece
- Coma Girl: Part 5 (Kindle Single) by Stephanie Bond
- Worth the Risk (St. James Book 3) by Jamie Beck
- Gabe (7 Brides for 7 Brothers Book 2) by Ruth Cardello <— A SERIES WRITTEN BY MULTIPLE AUTHORS! “Meet the Brannigan brothers—seven sexy brothers who bring the heart and the heat! From bestselling authors Barbara Freethy, Ruth Cardello, Melody Anne, Christie Ridgway, Lynn Raye Harris, Roxanne St. Claire and JoAnn Ross comes a brand new contemporary romance family series: 7 Brides for 7 Brothers. You won’t want to miss a single one!”
- Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows Book 2) by Melinda Leigh
- Trinity’s Trust (Sawyer Brothers Book 5) by C.A. Harms
- Entrap: River City Heroes 2 by Elle Rush
- Better Love (Wingmen Book 4) by Daisy Prescott <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!!! And it can be read as a standalone! “No man is an island, but Dan Ashland comes close. He’s content with his quiet life on Whidbey, a world away from the rat race on the other side of the ferry. Dan has three great loves in his life: solitude, pizza, and Roslyn Porter.”
- Impressions of You (The Impressions Series Book 1) by Christopher Harlan
- Midnight Obsession: A Midnight Riders Motorcycle Club Romance Part 4 by Olivia Thorne <— CONCLUSION TO THE SERIES!!!
- The Bandit (The Stolen Duet Book 1) by B.B. Reid
- Her Brother’s Keeper: The Sacred Brotherhood Book II by A.J. Downey
- A Sure Thing (The Donnigans Book 1) by Marie Harte <— MARINE GIVING SELF-DEFENSE COURSES!! “Ava can take care of herself and likes quiet, bookish men-not muscular warriors who think women need to be coddled. But Landon is more than he seems, and when they come together, the results are explosive…“
- Jester: No Prisoners MC Book 2 by Lilly Atlas
- How I Met Your Brother (Power of the Matchmaker) by Janette Rallison
- Christmas in the City II by Samantha Chase, Ashlee Taylor, Elizabeth Hayes, Shari J. Ryan, Misha Elliott, Janine Infante Bosco, Madison Street, CS Patra, Jennifer L. Allen, Stephanie Rose
- Heating Up the Holidays: A Steamy Contemporary Romance Christmas Collection
- Left at the Altar (A Match Made in Texas Book 1) by Margaret Brownley
- Kiss the Boys (Lost Girls Book 2) by Chris Myers & Diana Downey <— BROKEN BROTHERS & A RUNAWAY GIRL… “When she runs away from her abusive foster home and notorious past, she crash-lands into Noah’s arms. She should feel safe with him, but she is attracted to guys more broken than she. And his brooding brothers Nathan and Jake wait patiently to catch her when she falls. Her relationship with each jeopardizes the precarious balance of their troubled family, and she will either mend their wounds or break their hearts.” It CAN be read as a standalone.
- Romancing the Wrong Twin (Dreamspun Desires Book 21) by Clare London <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Love in G Minor by Sean Michael <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- The Scars of Spring by Francesca Cay <— M/M ROMANCE!!! “…Kaede looks at the world through an inner glass, a barrier that helps him cope with his mind’s numbness. A never-ending lethargy protects him but also isolates him from humanity. He has no memory of his childhood, nor of his broken relationship with his mother. One day, a sudden light makes its way through London’s cloudy sky: Kaede’s life as a college student intertwines with that of Rey, a young Australian biologist. Both have a secret in their past, both seem tied together by the thread of destiny…“
- Dark & Dazzling (Sassy Boyz) by Elizabeth Varlet <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- A Lantern in the Dark: An O’Brien Tale (The O’Brien Tales Book 2) by Stacey Reynolds
- Picture Perfect Wedding: a charming southern romance of second chances (Magnolia Brides Book 3) by Lynnette Austin
- Counter Point (Heath’s Point Suspense Book 1) by Marji Laine
- Love’s Broken Road by Julie Coulter Bellon
- Let’s Try This Again by Jordyn Woodtke <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT! Her ex boyfriend crushed her heart, and now she’s the assistant to an ex-boy band heartthrob relaunching his career… “Sweet, doting – and, oh my god! – former boy band heartthrob, Carter. Josie’s new life falls into place, with new friends and a job working as the personal assistant for Carter as he plans the re-launch of his career. When it seems like there might be something between Josie and her new boss, she can’t help but hold back in fear of crossing a line and, worse yet, getting her heart crushed. “
PREORDERS (next few days & next week’s!!! )
- Dirty Mother (The Uncertain Saints MC Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale – November 3rd 2016
- Living Without (Hawks MC: Caroline Springs Charter Book 4) by Lila Rose – November 7th 2016
- Last Ride (Wind Dragons Motorcycle Club) by Chantal Fernando – November 7th 2016
- Night School: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child – November 7th 2016
- Living Without (Hawks MC: Caroline Springs Charter Book 4) by Lila Rose – November 7th 2016
- Trust by Jana Aston – November 8th 2016
- Creed by M Robinson – November 8th 2016
- Dirty Wicked: A Wicked Lovers Novella by Shayla Black – November 8th 2016
- Top Shelf: An Aces Hockey Novel by Kelly Jamieson – November 8th 2016
- Made for You by Kelly Elliott – November 8th 2016
- Love Between the Lines: An Adult Coloring Book for Book Lovers by Christina Collie – November 8th 2016
- Unapologetic by Pamela Ann – November 11th 2016
- Blow: A Virtuous Paradox Novel by Heidi McLaughlin – November 8th 2016
- Endurance : A Sin Series Novel (The Sin Trilogy Book 4) by Georgia Cates – November 11th 2016