HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY! 75+ new books just went live (let alone the ones on yesterday’s earlybird list) and I’ve found quite a few that I’m in the mood for!!
<—Like that one to the left. I LOVE Jennifer L. Armentrout, and HOLY MOLY this one sounds angsty (but I can’t quite get a handle on that blurb -it’s exciting and yet leaves me completely in the dark. Either way, If There’s No Tomorrow sounds like it might tear my heart out. YAY!!! Plus of course, we’ve got some HUGE heavy-hitters that went live today, like Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass) by Sarah J. Maas and Intensity (Chronicles of Nick Book 8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dark Legacy (Carpathian Novel, A) by Christine Feehan, and Secrets in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel (In Death, Book 45) by J.D. Robb. This is an EXCELLENT release day indeed.
But these also gave me blurb jolts: Raw Heat (Cherrie Lynn!!!! YES PLEASE!!! She’s his accountant and he’s a card shark 😉 And then her brother gets himself into some gambling trouble, and he has a proposition for her…) 😉 One Night (Aleatha Romig’s latest, and totally different sounding than her usual story telling. Single mom going on a blind date with an ex hockey-player), Eye Candy (all of our favorites revisit our favorites in this anthology!! “Dive into these Halloween novellas from bestselling authors Tijan, J. Daniels, Helena Hunting, Bella Jewel and Tara Sivec. Featuring stories set in the worlds of their popular series.”), Heaven on Earth (he discovers a stowaway who’s trying to escape her abusive relationship. I don’t know if he’s a trucker or what but this sounds good and that cover is MARVELOUS!!!), and The Muse (from last week’s list, but Jennifer tried it and considers it as one of her FAVORITE student-romance books now!)
And don’t forget to checkout out yesterday’s earlybirds. the Drumline blurb rocked my world on that one ➔ Happy Labor Day & Happy Early Bird Monday!!
P.P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Secrets in Death by J.D. Robb
- P.S. from Paris: A Novel by Marc Levy
- Dark Legacy by Christine Feehan
- Deathtrap: Crossbreed Series, Book 3 by Dannika Dark
- Ghostface Killer by M. Never
- The Real Thing: Sugar Lake, Book 1 by Melissa Foster
- The Gender End: The Gender Game, Book 7 Bella Forrest
- The Summer That Made Us by Robyn Carr
- Most Valuable Playboy by Lauren Blakely
- When the Dead Come a Knockin’: The Veil Diaries, Book 2 by B. L. Brunnemer
- A Conspiracy in Belgravia by Sherry Thomas
- On the Chase: Rocky Mountain K9 Unit, Book 2 by Katie Ruggle
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!)
- The Muse by L.M. Halloran <— TEACHER-STUDENT ALERT!! This one was on the Friday list, and Jennifer went for it and LOVES it!
Jennifer: So I’m 90% complete with The Muse and it is so good. I need duct tape to tape my heart back together but goodness! The writing is so deep and the chemistry of the two just oozes out from one page to the next. I’ve read quite a few professor/student books but this is for sure unlike any other I’ve read. I’ll definitely reread it in a few months I’m sure! Top 10 reads for sure!
- Passion & Venom (Venom Trilogy Book 1) by S. Williams <— DARK MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! Kooloo loved the entire trilogy!!
Kooloo: Just finished the Venom Trilogy by the Williams girls. Book 3 was just released and I was lucky to have read them back to back with those brutal “cliffies” !!! Lol So if you are looking for a dark and dirty mafia romance This Is The One for YOU!!!
Tessa: *grabs Passion and Venom, the first Venom book* I need a good mafia book. That mood has been hitting me a lot lately, and finding one has been difficult for some reason.
- Shadow’s Messenger: An Aileen Travers Novel by T.A. White <— PARANORMAL SERIES ALERT!! Danylle recommends these!
Danylle: I know I’ve recommended Pathfinder’s Way by T.A White to you before, but I just can’t get over this book. While I wait for Pathfinder 2, I decided to give her other books a try. I really liked her Aileen Travers series. It starts off a little slow, but if you’re tired of the same old kind of book, then this series is a refreshing change. Happy reading, Danylle
- Magic Bites: A Special Edition of the First Kate Daniels Novel (Kate Daniels Series Book 1) by Ilona Andrews <— MUCH LOVED URBAN FANTASY SERIES ALERT!!! Tessa HIGHLY INSISTS on this series!!
Tessa: Maryse, I’ve said before that I think the Kate Daniels books is probably one of THE best Urban fantasies out there. Even if you go to a library or a used book store and get the first one, Magic Bites, just to test it, it’ll make me happy. The series has nine books out so far, but of all the PNR I read, it’s the one I look forward to the most.
- Ghosted by J.M. Darhower <— BIGGEST HIT OF THE WEEK (and maybe the month and maybe the year!!) We’re ALL GOING CRAZY FOR IT! Here’s my review!! 😀 ➔ Book Review – Ghosted by J.M. Darhower
Linda: Maryse your review is spot on!! Loved Ghosted!!! Hands down 5 stars!!
Amy: I’m reading Ghosted right now and am seriously SO IN LOVE WITH IT!!!!! I’ve been so addicted to it since last night when I was able to finally able to get away from real life to read it, and HOLY MOLY I feel like I’ve been transported back in time to our early indie reading days. *sighhhhhh*
Maria: Omg, this book was everything ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Cheryl: Just finished Ghosted this morning. It’s everything you said in your review Maryse. Just loved everything about it, well except would have liked a longer epilogue!!
- Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass) by Sarah J. Maas <— SARAH J. MAAS ALERT!!!
- Smolder: a paranormal romance (Underground Encounters Book 1) by Lisa Carlisle
- Dragon in Distress by Crystal Dawn
- The Jaguar Tycoon: Tales of the Were (Howls Romance) by Bianca D’Arc
- Harem of Magic (Stairway to Harem Book 3) by Emma Dawn
- Undeniable Lover (Warriors of Lemuria Book 4) by Rosalie Redd
- In Mist (Wereplanets Book 4) by Crystal Jordan
- Intensity (Chronicles of Nick Book 8) by Sherrilyn Kenyon <— SHERRILYN KENYON ALERT!!
- Deathtrap (Crossbreed Series Book 3) by Dannika Dark <— ROBYN LOVES THIS AUTHOR!!!! She says: “Deathtrap, book 3 in Dannika Darks Crossbreed series went live today!! I love, love , love Dannika Dark! If your into PNR, she’s the Girl for you. Seriously, you can’t go wrong with any of her books.”
- Demon Flames (Resurrection Chronicles Book 2) by M.J. Haag and Becca Vincenza
- Her Dark Half (X-Ops Book 7) by Paige Tyler
- Creole Nights: 10 Paranormal Stories That Bring The Heat
- Fifth of Blood (Fate Fire Shifter Dragon Book 3) by Kris Austen Radcliffe
- Dark Legacy (Carpathian Novel, A) by Christine Feehan <— CHRISTINE FEEHAN ALERT! SHE WAS FORCED TO EXCHANGE BLOOD WITH AN EVIL VAMPIRE!! “...her beauty is irresistible to the vampires, her psychic ability like a drug. Whipped into a frenzy, they’ll never stop coming for her. And only the taste of one Carpathian warrior—the rush of his blood—can save her...”
- Alexandru’s Kiss (Magic, New Mexico Book 3) by S.E. Smith
- Revealed by Desire: City of Sin by Melissa Stevens
- Highland Dragon Warrior (Dawn of the Highland Dragon Book 1) by Isabel Cooper
- Wolves of Change: Wolves of Willow Bend Books 7-9 by Heather Long
- My Angel (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 9) by Alanea Alder <— HE’S GOING TO STAND BY HER NO MATTER WHAT… “...At any other time finding a mate would be cause for celebration, but Etain wants Vivian as far from Noctem Falls as possible, unfortunately, as the only doctor with an intimate knowledge of diseases she has to stay in the city, and finds herself working tirelessly to discover a cure in the middle of the deadly chaos sweeping the levels. As Vivian’s past is revealed she finds herself not only combating the terrible virus but also the rebellious faction of the Founding Families. Etain vows to stand by her, even if it means abandoning the post assigned by his queen…“
- If There’s No Tomorrow by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT ALERT!! THIS SOUNDS INTENSE!! “…For Lena, the upcoming year is going to be epic—one of opportunities and chances. Until one choice, one moment, destroys everything. Now Lena isn’t looking forward to tomorrow. Not when friend time may never be the same. Not when college applications feel all but impossible. Not when Sebastian might never forgive her for what happened. For what she let happen. With the guilt growing each day, Lena knows that her only hope is to move on. But how can she move on when her and her friends’ entire existences have been redefined?”
- Bringing Maggie Home: A Novel by Kim Vogel Sawyer
- Secrets in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel (In Death, Book 45) by J.D. Robb <— J.D. ROBB’S LATEST!!!
- One Night by Aleatha Romig <— ALEATHA ROMIG ALERT!! SHE’S A SINGLE MOM GOING ON A BLIND DATE WITH AN EX-HOCKEY PLAYER ALERT! “I’m not looking for love. There’s a man in my life who loves me with all his heart. He has beautiful blue eyes, is three feet tall, and calls me mommy. He’s my whole world and I’m his. Fate stole his daddy way too soon. What would happen if I allowed fate another chance, just for one night. One night to help a friend. Why did I agree to this?”
- Take A Chance (Lake Placid Series Book 4) by Natalie Ann
- Her Rich Player: Loving a Rich Man by Tasha Hendrix
- On Deck Desires: A Female Billionaire Romance by Lacey Wolfe
- A Conspiracy in Belgravia (The Lady Sherlock Series) by Sherry Thomas <— HISTORICAL ALERT!! “The game is afoot as Charlotte Holmes returns in USA Today bestselling author Sherry Thomas’s Victorian-set Lady Sherlock series.”
- Raw Heat (Larson Brothers) by Cherrie Lynn <— CHERRIE LYNN ALERT!! HE OWNS A NIGHTCLUB & AN ILLEGAL POKER CLUB and she’s his accountant… “Emma has always been drawn to Damien’s dark intensity and the gleam in his eyes that promises more than she can possibly handle. But when her brother’s gambling threatens to destroy her family, Damien makes her an offer she’d be crazy to accept—but can’t refuse: her brother’s debts will be forgiven, and Emma belongs to him for thirty days. In Damien’s world, he shows his angelic bookkeeper what it’s like to live with the devil. But Emma brings out a side in Damien he thought didn’t exist...”
- Leila: Goddess The Second Coming by R.J. Castille
- Everything (Men of Phoenix Book 1) by ML Rodriguez
- Chasing Red by Isabelle Ronin <— SHE BECOMES HIS ROOMMATE ALERT! “Veronica Strafford’s past makes it hard for her to trust anyone. Now, kicked out of her apartment, she reluctantly accepts Caleb’s offer for a place to stay...”
- Club Thrive: Agenda (The Club Thrive Series Book 3) by Alison Mello
- What is Forgiven (The Anna Klein Trilogy Book 2) by C.F. Yetmen
- A Christmas Flower: A Novel by Bryan Mooney
- Lucky: A Rockstar Romance Two Book Boxed Set by Liliana Rhodes <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! SHE USED TO HAVE HIS POSTERS ON HER WALL… and now SHE’S a rock star... “I got lucky, but I’ve always been lucky, that’s even my name. I got a recording deal and a tour to go along with it. Only problem is the record company wants a big name to be on tour with me. I should have been happy hearing they tapped Jude Morrison for my tour, instead I thought my luck had finally run out. How am I supposed to perform with this cocky jerk when I can’t even take my eyes off of him?“
- Breakaway: A Pilots Hockey Novel by Sophia Henry
- Business Contract (Bliss Series Book 2) by Veronica Soliman
- When We Touch: A second-chance romance by Tia Louise <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Now I’m back in Oceanside searching for peace, hoping to escape what my life has become. She isn’t supposed to be here… Dark hair blowing in the ocean breeze, Luscious curves barely hidden by thin cotton. I didn’t come back for her. But when we touch, I know I’ll do whatever it takes to make her mine...”
- All Right Now (Black Halo Book 3) by Madelynne Ellis <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! But the series needs to be read in order.
- Eye Candy by Tijan, J. Daniels, Helena Hunting, Bella Jewel, Tara Sivec <— ANTHOLOGY WITH SO MANY OF OUR FAVORITES!!! “Tijan’s Fallen Crest crew are back for a weekend of mischief that takes a sinister turn; all four couples from J. Daniels’ Alabama Summer series gear up for Halloween in their own sexy ways, with a special surprise at the end; Helena Hunting’s characters from Shacking Up plan a Halloween gala that features a few ghouls and witches; Bella Jewel brings the chills and thrills in her suspenseful take on Halloween night; and Tara Sivec gathers the Holiday family together one last time as they try to make this ghostly holiday one to remember—or one they’d rather forget…”
- The Billings Maid: Book One by Jack Harbon
- Eighty-One Days by Zoë Mullins
- Defending Hannah: A Delta Force Defenders Novel by Jennifer Becker
- The Woman Who Couldn’t Scream (The Virtue Falls Series) by Christina Dodd <— CHRISTINA DODD’S LATEST THRILLER ALERT! BUT!! This series must be read in order…
- George and Lizzie: A Novel by Nancy Pearl <— MARITAL DISCORD ALERT! “Over the course of their marriage, nothing has changed—George is happy; Lizzie remains…unfulfilled. When a shameful secret from Lizzie’s past resurfaces, she’ll need to face her fears in order to accept the true nature of the relationship she and George have built over a decade together…“
- No Ordinary Love by Mary Balogh
- Protecting Dakota (Sleeper SEALs Book 1) by Susan Stoker
- The Billionaires: The Bosses (Lover’s Triangle) by Calista Fox
- The Experiment (BookShots Flames) by HelenKay Dimon and James Patterson
- The Future She Left Behind by Marin Thomas
- Untold (A Country Roads Novel) by Shannon Richard
- Arm Candy (Real Love) by Jessica Lemmon <— HE’S THE SUIT & SHE’S THE WILD BARTENDER ALERT!! “I’m used to regulars hitting on me, and I’ve turned them all down, except for one: Davis Price. I like giving him a hard time, and he’s kind of cute in his suit and tie—if you’re into that kind of thing. Anyway, I don’t care how many blondes he takes home . . . until one of them sidles up to him in my bar. Nuh-uh. But after my little bet with Davis backfires, our first date lands us in the sack…“
- On the Chase (Rocky Mountain K9 Unit Book 2) by Katie Ruggle
- Dakota’s Delight: A SEALs of Honor World Novel (Heroes for Hire Book 9) by Dale Mayer
- Finding Faith (Bedford Park Brides Book 1) by Connie Davé
- Beneath The Badge (First Responders) by Donna Alward
- Educating Dr. Mayfield (Sterling University Book 3) by Rebecca Heflin
- The Real Thing (Sugar Lake Book 1) by Melissa Foster <— FAKE ENGAGEMENT WITH A FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT! She owns a bakery and he’s now a famous actor and they’re old friends… “...he knows her better than anyone, and becoming America’s hottest new leading man means cleaning up his reputation. An “engagement” to curvy, sass-mouthed Willow is the perfect PR move…provided no one gets hurt...”
- A Brother’s Secret: The Sacred Brotherhood Book V by A.J. Downey
- His Heart (HIS Series Book 7) by Sheila Kell
- Happy Accident (Silver Cove Book 3) by Jill Sanders
- Champagne & Handcuffs (Saddles & Racks Book 3) by Kimberly Knight <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT! “...He was always looking out for her during the summers they spent together, keeping other boys in line and just making her laugh. She knew that Seth was supposed to be her forever. Until one night when heartache became inevitable ...”
- Weston’s Trouble (Saddles & Second Chances Book 3) by Rhonda Lee Carver
- Deadly Proof (Atlanta Justice Book #1) by Rachel Dylan
- Justice Buried by Patricia Bradley
- Heaven on Earth (Compass Boys Book 1) by Jayne Rylon and Mari Carr <— HE DISCOVERS A STOWAWAY ESCAPING AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP ALERT!! “…On the open road he discovers a happy medium between the freedom he craves and the obligation that comes along with the Compton name. When he picks up some unexpected cargo in the form of a gorgeous if battered stowaway, he’s in trouble. The same reckless urges that convinced him to abandon his education are telling him to keep Hayden close and safe, maybe even teach her how to love again after the disastrous relationship she’s fleeing...”
- Sweet Reality (Reality Star) by Laura Heffernan
- Going Under (Something in the Water Book 1) by Cherry Pickett <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!
- Delay of Game (A Playing Dirty Sports Romance Book 3) by Lane Hart <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!
- Once a Husband (Hunt Club Book 6) by Heather Boyd <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Woven (Blended Book 6) by Erica Chilson <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Hard Time (Responsible Adult Book 2) by C F White <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Playing The Point by Ashley K Broome <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT! HIS MOM IS DYING & HE TOLD HER HE WAS ENGAGED TO A WOMAN… but he wants someone else entirely. “...The truth is, there’s no woman in my life and never has been. I just wanted to give my mother something to live for, a few celebrations, an extravagant wedding, the possibility of grandchildren… Now I just need to find a nice girl to pretend to be my fiancée and walk down the aisle with me in a matter of weeks. Actually, that may be a piece of cake compared to trying to stay away from the one person who has managed to ignite something deep inside of me for the first time in my life...”
- Tempted by Mr. Wrong: A Step-Brother Romance by Jacquie Biggar
- Going Dark (The Lost Platoon) by Monica McCarty
- When Angels Sing (Angel Paws Rescue Book 3) by Mimi Milan
- It Had to be You by Susan Andersen <— HISTORICAL 1926 ALERT!! She works in a speakeasy and he’s NOT happy about it… “It’s taken time but I’m slowly crawling my way up the entertainment industry ladder. I could get a lot farther, faster, if I were willing to play the old slap and tickle. Yeah…that’s never gonna happen. But my newest move is a step in the right direction and it’s my voice that earned me this gig. I feel on top of the world—right up until I discover who owns the joint…“
PREORDERS (Next few days, and a few of next week’s!!! )
- The Crossroads Duet by Rachel Blaufeld – September 7th 2017
- Play On by Samantha Young – September 12th 2017
- Temporary by Sarina Bowen & Sarah Mayberry – September 12th 2017
- The Final Score (A Play-by-Play Novel Book 13) by Jaci Burton – September 12th 2017
- Fraternize (Players Game Book 1) by Rachel Van Dyken – September 12th 2017
- Lust (Vegas Nights, #2) by Emma Hart – September 12th 2017
- Bloodguard: A Mission Novel by Megan Erickson – September 12th 2017
- Autoboyography by Christina Lauren – September 12th 2017
- Dirty Little Secret (Forbidden Desires Book 1) by Kendall Ryan – September 14th 2017
- The Outskirts: The Outskirts Duet: Part One by T.M. Frazier – September 17th 2017
- Exes with Benefits by Nicole Williams – September 18th 2017
I need to stop adding books. Authors, stop writing so many tempting books!!!
Morning! I agree with Leslie!
Morning! Yes, I’m alive! Home updates & pink eye had me down for a while!
Hope you all have a great day. 🙂
Back to school… Blah. I don’t wanna, Mom. *pouts* giggle.
I have so much work to do before the kids come back tomorrow…but Yet, here I am…checking in here, 😆 *waves* hi, everyone!
*waves* Hi Michelle! Pink eye sucks. Little dude got it when he was 8, and keeping his hands from his eye was impossible. Just glad you’re okay. 🙂
This list is a little overwhelming. I grabbed The Muse and added a bunch to look at. Reading Intensity now. 🙂
*waves towards Grey* Hi!
Morning all! I’m down to Wild and Evelyn Hugo and not really feeling either one, though I’ll stick EH out because $$$, respect, and mild curiosity. IDK what to read next. Dark of the Moon + Ghosted + Finches have done me in! Maybe Sempre? If you STILL haven’t read Ghosted, DO IT!
Michelle I just messaged you on GR.
Sempre, though warning, it has a lot of moments that will hurt your heart.
Thanks Tessa! That’s like saying it comes with a bottle of Bordeaux and box of Belgium chocolate. Yes, please. I need something to hurt me the way TJR used to!
Wait… HEA *after* it hurts my heart? I have both books… Don’t say anything here, but if it isn’t an HEA can you message me? LOL I’m turning into Leslie.
Yup, I didnt love Sempre. It was too depressing. But keep in mind I am not a fan of mafia stories. I only tried it because it was all the rage back in the day.
I am channeling my inner-Fabi and making a list for September reads. Who knows if I will even stick with it, but here it is!
Dark House (Experiment in Terror) by Karina Halle
Veiled Innocence by Ella Frank
Drunk Dial by Penelope Ward
Absinthe by Winter Renshaw
Library books due back soon:
Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by TJR
Buns by Alice Clayton
Just ’cause I wanna:
Ghosted by J.M. Darhower
Absinthe Buddy Read?
Ghosted Buddy Read??????
Bueler????? Anyone? ANYONE??????????
ROBIN DON’T LISTEN TO LESLIE! SEMPRE ROCKS BUT YOU NEED THE SEQUEL RIGHT AWAY OR SO I FEEL….KEEP IN MIND IT IS MORE TOWARDS NA/YA….
MAFIA BOOKS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN I GROW UP I’M GOING TO BE A BAD ASS MAFIA BOSS’S WIFE WITH AT LEAST ONE DRAGON… One of my favorites is The Devil’s Eyes by J. Loren
Sent the message, Robin! Yeah, I can’t see you liking it, Leslie. It’s too dark and painful. My angst box is broken and I had to set it down and walk away a few times. You’ll love Ghosted, though! It’s such a wonderful book.
I’m not necessarily into mafia books, just the author because of Ghosted. I’ll try it out and see. I think the only other one I attempted was El Diablo and it wasn’t for me.
Ghosted was my favorite for the year!!! If I was in the same situation as the heroine I will react the same way. But the hero’s changes were so touching and made me emotional. The little girl was a bonus!
*looks up The Devil’s Eyes by J. Loren* Huh. I apparently read that.
Finished Intensity. Just… Emotional. I went into it, thinking it would be lighter than Sarah J Maas. Pfft. That ending gutted me a bit. A lot. I just can’t express how, after that whole series, it ending and… I want Nick’s Dark Hunter book, because if that doesn’t have a happy ending, I’m going to punch someone. *grabs Manny and goes off to cry in the blanket fort*
Hey guys, I just heard back from Renee (Nay). Her mom’s cancer is terminal and she’s out of the hospital. Nay is staying with her at her brother’s (Nay’s brother’s) house taking care of her 24/7 along with hospice visits a few times a week. She said to thank you for your thoughts and prayers and she hopes to check in soon.
Ela, I don’t want people to listen to me….I don’t care for mafia or motorcycle club books, so def do NOT go by my opinion on those. 😉
I will BR Absinthe & Ghosted with you but I have to get through stupid library books first. *stomps feet and grumbles about library and stupid waiting lists*
Thanks so much Robin. I have been so worried about Nay. My heart breaks for her about her mom. I have been there, it sucks.
Well then Tessa! I guess I won’t be reading that spin off until YOU tell me it’s ok to proceed with his HEA!
Thanks Robin for the update! I simply have no words…Renee and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers!
Yeah, Ela. I was kind of surprised at the ending, but it did make sense.
Best part, to cure my sadness, I went to read what I thought would be a happy fluff book. Hockey player H, h angry at her dad who is the owner of the team, lots of warning about explicit sex. (I’ll be honest. Inappropriate use of hockey equipment had me curious). I start to read it, and it’s actually a heavy book with emotional abuse (By someone other than the H)! This does not seem like it’ll be happy.
Tessa, I HATE when blurbs are misleading OR book just isn’t what you were hoping for.
I think we should br There’s Someone in Your House when it comes out.
I really liked Sempre.
Hello my beauties!!
Leslie, yes to both your challenge reads! YES!!
Aw geez, Tessa just used catnip words for Sempre…remind me, who is the author? *gets one-click finger ready*
Jennifer Armentrout + that blurb? MINE! And then George and Lizzie…happy day indeed. 😀
Maryse are you in the path of the hurricane? Stay safe to all that are.
Amy! Sempre is by Ghosted author which is why I’m reading it!
Leslie, it’s okay. I just find it ironic. Thankfully, it looks as though most of the book will be after dumping the jerk.
Bev, that one looks like one I’ll wait to see the reaction on. I’m not sure if it’s my thing or not. lol I did read I Know What You Did Last Summer as a kid, which,ironically, was the only reason I could watch it. It just wasn’t my favorite book even then. I only read it because of who the author was.
Speaking of which, did you all know Lois Duncan passed away last year? *sighs* One of my favorites as a kid.
*blinks*Why is Sempre $11.99? I know I didn’t pay that much for it. Could it be a mistake?
That’s why I keep putting it off Tessa! I have the paperbacks and I’d much rather read an e-book, but whoa! You can get the paperbacks for around $3 on bookoutlet.com, but there’s shipping unless you spend $35. Totally worth it if you can find stuff you want. Most of their books are under $5!
*eyes bug out of head*
$11.99 for Sempre???
I swear it was like .99 when I bought it.
Ok, I am NOT crazy (well, at least in this instance *snort*)
There’s a site I use to track prices of books and it said
Sempre was $1.99 this past year and lowest price on record was .99
I think there must be some sort of glitch. Maybe the price went back up and too many ones were hit?
I’m not too sure how it works, but I’m wondering if it went up because Ghosted’s been so popular?
I don’t think so. She’s been a popular author for a while. I paid 1.99 for it, so she might have just hit the one twice and didn’t notice.
I legit can’t breathe right now… https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-41167296#
Thank you for sharing Eye Candy!
My pleasure Tijan! What a treat this book is!!!! 😀
I feel so bad for her. Her name and picture out there.
I choked on my gum when I read that. Not even kidding. My coworker said I looked like a tomato. I showed her the article. Now SHE looks like a tomato.
That poor woman. *snort*
I have Sempre already! 😀 I checked, and I only paid 1.99 as well. Seriously, 11.99? Not cool, man…not cool.
Amy. You haven’t read Sempre??? Or are you just referring to the current price? GASP if you haven’t read it yet!!!!!!
He has to marry her. That is the best first date story ever!
OH. EM. GEE. THAT POOOOOOOR GIRL. And a bit… of an odd choice. LOL!!!! OMG!!!!!
Is It? Like i would kill the person re telling that story. So, if your husband would you have gone out on another date?
I messaged JM Darhower, and she kindly respinded. She said unfortunately, it’s set by the publisher, but she did recommend the place that Robin got hers from, bookoutlet.com. I still HIGHLY recommend it.
Tessa, did you tell her how crazy we are all going over Ghosted? 😉
I love that they went for a second date. lol He’s seen the worst, so from up there, it’s all good?
I just don’t think it’s all that far-fetched. You’re on a first date and the unthinkable happens. You panic and do something uber stupid. I’ve done some pretty stupid stuff to avoid embarrassing situations such as these. Not this one in particular LOL, and I got away with my embarrassing shenanigans unlike her. If he’s the kind of guy that can find the humor in it, he’s a keeper! And he says, “Who knows what the future holds. We had a lovely night on the second date but it’s too early to say if she’s the one. But we got on very very well and she’s a lovely girl. And we’ve already got the most difficult stuff out of the way first.” KEEPER. I totally can’t believe I’m swooning over the poop-ey window guy. 😆
Reading the article now. Poop always makes me laugh. 😛
Okay back to the article.
I did! I even told her that since everyone loved Ghosted, I was hoping they’d give that a try since I adored it so much.
Nope Maryse, haven’t read Sempre yet…but after what Ghosted has done to me, it’s going to be one of my next three reads. 😀
*sees Tijan popped in*
LOL!!!! I love when the authors pop in. 😉 They’re so cool. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Are you prepared for the hurricane in case it comes your way? Don’t want anything to happen to you. Don’t know what we all would do without you!!!
Yo yo Tijan’s in the house y’all *happy dance happy dance*
Renee!!! I just finished Wild that MM romance and it’s reminds me of Brokeback Mountain meets The Revenant you know the one with DiCaprio and the BEAR!!!!
Kooloo I read a little further today and I’m getting into it. I think it just took me a while because it’s hard to get into anything coming off of a Suanne Laqueur book and Finches did me in.
Several up there I’m interested in, but what is with the prices?!!
R. thanks for the update on Nay’s Mom. Unbelievably sad.
Now to figure out what to read…
So sad to hear about Nay’s Mum. I’m glad she knows we’re thinking of her.
And then I clicked on R’s link. Whhhhaaaa???? I *literally* laughed out loud. Nearly choked in fact. At first I thought it was a joke story, but it’s on BBC News, so it has to be real? Um, doesn’t it? Yeah Maryse, poop makes me laugh too. *shakes head* Um, yeah, I guess he’s a keeper. They will seriously have to get married now. OMG. Imagine the fire and rescue guys trying to keep straight faces as they assessed the *situation*.
I just ordered a bunch of extra hurricane-type supplies on Amazon and because of Prime, I’ll have them before the hurricane reaches me.
Batteries and everything. I LOVE Prime.
Oh NO for Nay!!!! Thank you for letting us know, R. I was wondering if she was okay…
Hey ladies, One Is a Promise is FREE right now!! 😀
I agree, Maryse…Prime is AMAZING. And I am loving how Amazon took over Whole Foods and lowered the prices. No more Whole Paycheck!
I can’t believe I missed that about Nay…oh, our poor sweet friend. Sounds like she needs all of our book buddy hugs right now.
Yes, definitely thinking of Nay. One of the worst times. When she is ready we will be here with all the happy books.
For my amusement:
Apple spice or pumpkin spice?
Candy corn…yay or nay?
If you dressed your pet up what fictional character?
Re-watch It’s the Great Pumkin Charlie Brown?
Do you hand out candy or turn the light off?
Have you already gone sweater shopping?
Pepé Le Pew
Candy corn….Nay in excess, a piece here and there I can do
I have 2 dogs so I’m gonna go with Merida from Brave and a bear. My lab the bear and my (male) puggle, Merida. Lol
Yes, of course to rewatch Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin
I would prefer to hand candy out, cuz it’s always cold here on Halloween, but I’ve gotta trick or treat with the kids yet. I did leave a bowl out last year.
Nope to the sweater shopping, lol. Wish I could, but we’ve gotta save our money for more important stuff. *sigh*
Candy corn…yay, but in moderation
*thinks of dressing up cockatiel* Nope, couldn’t happen
Re-watch Great Pumpkin…no
Hand out candy
YES! I just picked up an adorable cowl neck sweater and can’t wait to wear it. 😀
Dress up & trick or treat
Poor Nay. That’s a hard thing to go through. Sending her lots of good wishes.
Nay. I’ll get one or two occasionally and eat just the white tip. Even if it’s illogical, I’m convinced that’s the only good part.
*contemplates dressing up spoiled cats* And then, I’ll go as a mummy so I can excuse all the bandages over my body from the scratches. If I did though, it’d probably be something like Acheron and Artemis. You know, to reflect how much they love each other. *rolls eyes*
Trick or Treat
Do people do that? If I buy a sweater, it’s because I’m shopping for something else, and I see a cute or cheap sweater. (Again, CA!)
I have a cat with the sweetest, most placid nature in the world, and he would let me dress him up as ANYTHING and he would just take it. BUT, I wouldn’t destroy his dignity like that 😉
Halloween’s not that much of a thing here. We occasionally get a knock at the door from some enterprising kid wanting lollies (as we call them), but most years, nobody. There are always lots of spooky themed things in the shops around that time, but I don’t know if many people actually buy them. Hey – this is shocking – I saw a new shelf of Christmas food in the supermarket the other day. WhaaaHHHH??? Early September, folks. That’s right. Get your Christmas puddings NOW before they’re all gone. LOL.
Hope none of you are in the path of the new giant hurricane. 🙁
I’m not sure if it is a thing so much as I can’t help but buy new clothes in the fall. And I am not a big time shopper at all. But think it is just a habit and sweaters are in stores. I’d way rather shop for fall winter clothes than spring summer.
Look at this cat.
I took this quiz the other day and thought it was fun. I’m ISFJ (Defender) and I though all the personality stuff was spot on, but the books that I’d like? Comics and Marvel crap are one of the things I hate to read most. And I also don’t like super hero movies which seem to be 80% of what is made in Hollywood anymore. https://www.bustle.com/p/the-genre-of-book-you-need-to-be-reading-based-on-your-myers-briggs-type-78287 The link if anyone else wants to give it a go. 🙂
No candy corn
A bumble bee
Not watching Charlie Brown
I used to hand out candy, now I hide
No sweater shopping yet. It’s Texas!
I liked Sempre, didn’t love it. DNFd the follow up novel. Mafia not a big catnip for me.
Now my current read… the one that will take me until Christmas to finish at this rate… Love & Sacrifice, The Prophecy Book Two…. savoring every word. Don’t want it to end. Epic. Amazing. Smart. On my top list of everything! It’s long & it’s a genre unto itself, but so so so good.
Why am I now MichelKe??? Going to try to fix it! It’s me… I swear!
Candy corn- I’ll sneak a piece here and there
My cairn terrier is anxious enough
Nay – I’ll be reading
Handing out candy
Two from qvc designed by Clinton Kelly from the Chew!!! Really not a shopper but couldn’t resist.
Bev, that Diddy quote! Lol
I have Love and Sacrafice, but just haven’t been in a fantasy mood since Dark of the Moon. I have quite a few, including the latest Throne of Glass book, but instead, I’m reading a Mafia book. I wanted something darker and CR.
INFO here. Poetry or magical realism. Uh… Somewhat? I can only handle so much magical realism before I start getting uneasy and need fun. Most of them are so serious. Poetry is actually something I like. I refuse to memorize any, though. And I like them best when they convert easily into music. 😉
INFP silly autocorrect!
I think I’m the same as Tessa. Took it before but can’t remember. Actually a couple times and always the same and yes I remember the traits being accurate.
Yeah, just took it again. INFP.
I like some poetry and magical realism. I think it is that I don’t often read it, bit when I do I can really enjoy it.
Lol, he’s a wolf Tessa.
Or maybe a lion.
Either way a good person.
Who will eat your face off.
If I understood it I’d make it tomorrows mantra.
Just took the test again. ENFJ. Protagonist. Suited to being a teacher. LOL. Yeah, I’ve been one my whole career. Haha. Likes literary fiction. OK, yeah, I’ve read (and taught!) a lot of it, but my current crazes are HR and CR, not that literary s**t. LOL.
I think my results were probably different when I took the test when I was younger. I was less confident than and more introverted. Personality change? No, probably just maturation due to experience.
But it’s a fun thing to do. Thanks Tasha.
We were talking about cheesy book covers on a HR group over on GR and had a laugh at this.
Ugh Jan, those are BAD!
I’m not dreaming of THAT captive, that’s for sure! Horrible covers.
OMG those covers and titles are terrible, LOL!!!
But the one which takes the prize is My Fair Dork. The cover, title and blurb…WTAF?!? I have secondhand embarrassment here. 😳
No first line for me yet as I am HUNGOVER after finishing Ghosted. Holy. Moly. That was perfection and the next book has some big shoes to fill.
FLT “The building was in shambles, decades of dry desert weather taking a toll on the exterior.” J.M. Darhower
So far so good!
How old is that kid on My Fair Dork? 14? Seriously, I could never read that book based on the cover alone. Honestly, though, the snark isn’t about the covers, it’s about the content. Other than the Dork books, those covers are bad, but not horrific. I’ve seen WAY worse.
Setting (Wolverine River, Alaska, 1920) FLT: “Mabel had known there would be silence.” – The Snow Child: A Novel by Eowyn Ivey
I’m completely absorbed in this story, it’s amazing, just need some more time to read it! I’m actually supposed to be going on a mini trip to Tennessee this weekend, about a 6hr drive that always takes us 9 *whispers ‘please don’t this time’* so I should get plenty of time. Only, my step sister just called and told me she heard from a co worker that bc of hurricane Irma, a lot of ppl from the Carolina’s and some other places that way will go to Tennessee. The hotels will be booked, we’re already booked so no bigee there, and gas will be out or high priced and it will be uber packed. Including like restaurants and stuff for dinner. She wanted me to research some and see what we wanted to do, but I can’t find anything online about it, and now I’m wondering if I should cancel.
While most Mardi Gras balls were lively, with performers from the parades that day in attendance to entertain the guest, this particular party overflowed with a very different vibe.
Misconduct by Penelope Douglas
Can you all believe that I haven’t read this yet?
For the pumpkin/ make up lovers.
Go. If not dangerous. Go.
You wanted to see me, Principal Hawthorne?
Absinthe by Winter Renshaw
I’m tempted by the hand wash and the burts bees. 🙂 Though, goodness knows, I’ve enough chaptstick, moisturizing balm, and gloss to last a very long time. lol I can’t see wearing the actual makeup, though. Orange and I don’t really get along. It makes me look like I’m dying of jaundice. 😛
Tessa…awful covers like the one with the pasty, pudgy guy with a farmer’s tan/sunburn? *snort* I should have bookmarked that one for times such as this. 😛
bev! You made my DAY with that link!! I do have the Peter Lamas pumpkin facial scrub and love it. See, Ipsy samples DO lead to purchasing full-size products. 😉
MARYSE!!! Did you see bev’s link for the pumpkin beauty products?!? Hurry and click on it!
Looking for bad covers made me need to bleach my eyes. No, this is FAR worse than those covers.
Tessa – that one wins the grand prize? What in the ever loving blazes of glory is that supposed to be?
Leslie’s FLT has me interested.
FLT: “Ifor Trantz, former Mordanian spy, was riding home from a day of hunting when he saw a woman burdened with a particularly large portmanteau trudging along the road from The Shadows’ railroad halt.” – Love & Sacrifice.
This will be my FLF, FLS, FLS… I’m sure!
I’m thinking this Ghosted book next?
I am an ENFJ-A (protagonist). Supposed to read Literary Fiction. Okey dokey. I’m on it!
OMG Tessa…that one is awful! LOL!!!
Yes MichelleS…a thousand times YES to Ghosted! 😀
😀 Ghosted was good. That cover is part of a lovely trend I wish I never knew about. Loving dinosaurs. The covers, though… *shudder*
I am definitely more into the scent and skincare than the makeup.
I’m lucky to find a bar of soap when I get in the shower.
I gotta admit, I’ve found myself watching something I almost never watch this year: Big Brother. *shakes head* This is the first year I’ve actually cared beyond, huh, *ignore and switch* beyond the year with the guy little dude just liked. (His hair was fun.) So, rather than finish Misconduct, I’ve been rooting for Josh and just wanting to hug the guy.
Please tell me I’m not the only one watching this!
Alright, better late than never…it’s still Thursday and I finally have a first line:
“I loved New York with the kind of mad passion I reserved for only one other thing in my life.” ~ Reflected In You by Sylvia Day
Um, I’ve never watched Big Brother. Ever. I’m not part of the cool crowd. 😕
I’ve never watched Big Brother either. *sigh* Cool-Crowd = not me.
lol I swear, I randomly watched it, and then… somehow I’m addicted. I honestly never watch these shows. They normally don’t interest me, since they are mostly just social and backstabbing. However, this season, there’s a guy who’s been a puppet master, and was smart and got the group to vote out all the smart ones. So it’s been watching this guy lie to everyone and manipulating them while looking like he has nothing to do with it. It’s mind blowing.
Michelle S. ENFJ-A. ME TOO! *hugs my twin* 😀 😀 😀
That dinosaur cover is hilarious. I will post the link from our GR thread for more cover laughs. No sure whether the link will work, but if it does, message #34. That’s all I need to tell you……….
Tess, I am ADDICTED to Big Brother!!! Watch is faithfully every season…and talk non-stop about it. I’m not so much rooting for Josh (the Meatball!!!), but he has kind of grown on me. Who would have thought HE would have been the one to finally figure out Paul’s game! My favorite is Kevin…poor clueless Kevin!!! And now we are going to get an extra season Celebrity Big Brother this winter….squeeeee!!!!
Stay safe Florida.
I’m nervous but I believe very well prepared. 🙂
Now I’m going to prepare book-posts for the rest of the upcoming week to auto-post (’cause the blog server is in another state so the blog won’t be affected by the hurricane). So that means you guys can keep hanging out here, no problem at all.
I probably won’t have enough electricity to make full on posts later, so that’s why I’m making them now, in advance.
AND!!! IF I’m able (with access to my cell phone), I will make little personal “hurricane updates” at the top of those posts to keep everyone updated. <3
Yes, please do. The updates. We willworry otherwise. The news is just so scary. Mass evac f Florida and the Georgia coast.
Already so much destruction.
Looking forward to Monday….maybe it wil be done?
Monday it will likely be in my part of the state, so I believe that will be our worst day. I’m in the Tampa Bay area.
YES Maryse, definitely keep in touch if you can.
And no hurricane parties on the lanai. 😉
Stay safe. *huge hugs*
*shudders* That hurricane just looks bad.
Lisa, I wasn’t as surprised it was Josh who figured it out. I thought for sure it would be Summer, but Josh makes sense. The guy is slower than the others, but if you really watch, he’s really smart in ways not expected. There have been other people he figured out before everyone else as well, like Elaine. Prior to that, Paul was the only one who was watching her suspiciously.
As for Kevin’s game, Paul already revealed to everyone how Kevin kisses up to all the jury folks leaving. Honestly, Kevin seems sweet, but he has is playing the “I’m sorry you left. It’s not my fault. I have no original ideas!” game! I can’t see him winning. Paul is why I’m watching this season at all. He’s so manipulative; they all know he is from last season! Yet, they still listen and follow what he says. *pounds head* It’s fascinating.
Yikes Maryse! Please stay safe. This one makes Texas look like a scrimmage!
Man, never ending. I thought Sat morning it was hitting you. How long do these things last?
We have family in Miami area that couldn’t get out. Couldn’t find gas anywhere. So scary! Stay safe Maryse. Put in a life jacket! And get some thunder shirts for your doggie!
Have you read Ella Summers “Legion of Angels” series awesome please add to your blog