Hi guys! I just finished a book from Friday’s bargain list (it was a new release) and yesssss, I’m still in the process of reading two books. LOL! A dark one that I’ve been working on, and some more “lighter” contemporaries that I keep finishing in record time. 😉 Like this one! So I’ll be posting the review of last night’s book in just a few. But come to think of it, it did have it’s own dark side. I love books that explore this subject matter. No worries I’ll tell you more in just a bit.
But for now… a quick little rundown on some brand new Sunday releases!
- Ace’s Redemption (Devil’s Despair Book 1) by A.C. Bextor <— I know a TON of you went nuts for this author’s other biker series, so… you know. Here’s the start of a new one, and it’s a standalone. 😀 “Ace was the gateway to a freedom I hadn’t known since I was fifteen. He offered his protection from the demons that haunted me; both living and dead. Although I knew I wasn’t enough to keep him, this didn’t deter my hope that one day he’d love me for who I was, not the broken girl he tried so desperately to save…“
- Surviving The Storm: Surviving Raine & Bastian’s Storm Boxed Set by Shay Savage <— One of my fav books (Surviving Raine) has just been bundled with it’s sequel right here!!
- Smolder (Crush Book 4) by Lacey Weatherford <— just released!! I won’t read the blurb ’cause it’s book #4 so I’m not sure if it’s a series continuation or not…
- Hate: A Love Story by Laurel Curtis <— Just released and what an awesome cover!! “I fought to love harder. But I loathe my love story.” Oooh. What does that mean!?
- The Games We Play Vol. 1 (Riley Grayson) by Elizabeth Nelson <— just released!
- Redemption by Kathryn Barrett <— FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT!! Here’s a new release that I missed a few days ago! “…he plays a hero on the big screen, but when he encounters Claire, ten years after their disastrous affair, he realizes she’s no longer the naive girl who fell into his arms. She not only forbids him to use her store as a location for the film he’s directing, but also refuses to cooperate with the emotional rescue he plans.”
- Addictive Collision – Book 2 (The Belmont University Series) by Sierrra Rose <— new release, she’s a secretary at the college in a sexless marriage and well… you know. And might I add… isn’t that just a pretty cover all around. 😉 *smirk*
FYI, Smolder is Russ’ book but will apparently spoil the first three if you don’t read those first. I’ve only read the first two but they were pretty good. Looks like I need to get caught up…yeah, with this series and a couple dozen other series. 😉
Oooooh, I just one-clicked Hate and Redemption. *happy dance* The Games We Play looked good but it’s a serial…and I don’t play nice with those. 😛
*big squeezy hug* for you, Maryse, for all you do on here!!
LOL Amy! Yeah I like cereal, but not sure if I like serials until they’re complete. 😉
Awwww *shucks* 😛 I love it. Lists, looking stuff up… I think my other hobby, other than “reading and blogging” is “blurbs”. I’m addicted.
But then again, I used to stand for hours in a book store and flip over to the back cover and read blurbs until I made myself a nice little take home pile, so nothing has changed really. 😉
Cereal serial *snort*
The best part is *now* we can browse blurbs from the comfort of home…and not peek over our shoulders to make sure no one sees the naughty covers. 😉
Idk, Amy…..my hubby & kids STILL know when I’m reading “smut”. Apparently I look “guilty”, hold my iPad closer to me, & look up & around too much. Last week my 17yr old son sat next to me on the couch & I angled my iPad away from him & he said, “whatcha got there, mom…a little something for the spank bank? Some 50 Grey Beautiful Shades of Disaster @ Twilight?” I was like…WTH?!?
Ok Amy & Jean are we still going to read EIT for Halloween? Can’t remember who all promised to read it too after we read the Fever series? Looking at Maryse’s post on major alpha a$$ H’s made me think of it, since Dex from EIT was on it!
Lauren – laughed out-loud at your son’s comments – I know I look guilty when I am reading pure smut on the sofa 3 feet away from my 18 year old! “the spank bank”….. LOL…… the lack of obvious cover art on a Kindle means I can indulge anywhere, anytime… not sure that’s a good thing. I wonder what my face looks like when I am reading?
OMG Lauren!! How did you keep a straight face when your son said *that* to you??? LOL!!!
Cheryl, I was thinking maybe next week starting the EIT series? Y’all need to let us know if there is some lovin’ in it…I can only go so long without smut in my books! 😉
Amy – No lovin’ in book one. Just lots of hints of it. It’s all about character development in that series. But, eventually, you get your Dex and Perry lovin’ (that’s not a spoiler, surely?). I prefer smut in mine too, Amy. Every once in a while, I will let one slip past me that has no smut (Written in Red).
I know what you mean Amy & Michelle- that was the one thing lacking in the Fever series, the” lovin.”
Next week sounds good Amy!