Hi all! So… guess what I did this weekend? Guess!!! YES!!! Book Bash… how did you know?! 😛 *snort* I think I’m funny. Well not really, but you know… *giggle*
So it was six months in the making and it all came to a head (for me) on Thursday June 26th, at roughly 8pm as I walked into the huge hotel lobby and saw four of my favorite authors at once. Colleen Hoover, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Kristen Ashley and Karina Halle. *gasp* I couldn’t believe it! And that’s when I realized, Book Bash had officially started. The hotel bar was already hopping with readers, bloggers, cover models and authors, and everyone was excited. The energy was electrifying, and I was both frozen in awe and just ecstatic.
And now I shall proceed to tell you that this post (or at least the theme) has been inspired by author S.L. Scott’s Facebook status, and i just had to run with it!!
S.L. Scott: This one time at Book Bash 2014… I could share so many amazing stories, but I’ve got to write so I’ll just keep them safe with me. lol
But I just had to give it a go, and I have a feeling she’ll jump in, soon enough. 😉
This one time, at Book Bash (Thursday June 26th 2014 – night)
This one time, at Book Bash, I sat at a table with Jennifer L. Armentrout, Colleen Hoover and crew (including my BFF Sherry) and chatted with them all as if they were old friends. And you know what? They ARE. While I hadn’t yet met Jennifer (aka J. Lynn), she was as sweet as can be, and I completely forgot her superstar-ness. I forgot that she is one of my absolute favorites as we chatted about anything and everything. From cover model’s chiseled arms to eyesight, it was as if I was chatting with my reading besties in my “book club”. THIS book club. Gah!! I love our book community.
- This one time, at Book Bash, (that night) I walked up to the bar and Kristen Ashley bought me a Tequila Sunrise! And I told her how much I LOVED her original Motorcycle Man cover ’cause of those wonderful tequila shots. I knew me ‘n Tack were meant to be. 😉
- This one time, at Book Bash, I finally met one of my favorite authors, Shay Savage and “The Savage Boys” and well. I swooned a little. A lot. And I got to hug them! 😉 And boy do they hug back!!!
This one time, at Book Bash, I met fellow blogger Natasha Tomic, and she’s AWESOME. She’s SUPER tall, and super awesome and has a super accent, AND!!! She wants to kidnap me in her luggage and take me back to Australia with her. We’re working on the logistics… 😉
- This one time, at Book Bash, K.A. Linde hung out it in my room. MY. ROOM!!!! And we ate cheese. And berries.
- This one time at Book Bash, I walked into my room and was greeted by a “snacks and mini liquor bottles on a stick” basket. Thank you Cheri!!! This came in handy!! 😀 But, you knew they would, didn’t you? *big squeeeeezy hug* Your basket was a nerve-life-saver.
- This one time at Book Bash, everyone was wondering who that 6’4″ (6’5″?) tattooed, brooding, hulk-of-a-guy was, at the bar. Was he a cover model? Was he a stalker? <— LOL (sorry Josh, Kev suggested that one). It was as if he was straight out of one of our favorite “bad-boy-hero” books. I won’t say anything more about “him” (and yes, I’d say he *does* have that sort of… book-hero quality to him—-> *eeeep* *zips lips*) other than… come to find out, he was with us! 😀 Welcome to our book world, Josh. Many sure got a kick out of you! P.S. I’d tell you what he was there for…. but, it’s classified. Tee hee!!! 😛
This one time, at Book Bash (Friday June 27th, 2014)
- This one time, at Book Bash, Ariele from Atria Books, taught me how to do Instagram video thingies (that Colleen Hoover taught HER how to do), while we were in “Book Bash prep” mode. Here’s one. Why there is no sound, I do not know… More learning needed. Heyyyyyy Colleeeeeeeen!!?? Help? 😛
This one time, I went shopping with my BFF Sherry at Walmart, and she nearly fell over when she saw Walmart sold WINE!!! (She’s from Utah. ‘Nuff said). <— 😛
- This one time, at Book Bash, my husband went to the airport and picked up CJ Roberts!!!!! AND Paul Marron!! AT THE SAME TIME. *thud* AND he told me there was a ton of happy chatting! *sigh* I love that.
- This one time, at Book Bash, my husband rode in an elevator with a woman that WASN’T there for our event! *gasp* However, she figured it out quickly, asking him… “Romance books? Like erotica?” My husband answered “Yes! Lots of romance, and ummm….” (I know he must’ve blushed here) “…some of that erotica stuff for sure, too.” And she replied “Are they books I can m**%%$#@*e to?” *blink blink* <—- intense husband-blushing here – imagine some raised eyebrows, too 😉
- This one time, at Book Bash, I saw Karina Halle wandering my hallway, aimlessly (chatting on her cellphone). She was all dressed up for a fake wedding, but alas, she was in the wrong tower. Wait. Fake wedding? Wait. Wedding?
- So, this one time, at Book Bash, I invited Karina Halle into my room (I mean, who’d waste that opportunity for a hang-out session, right?) and my husband fed her “raw” kale chips, “raw” arugula chips” and sprouted rice cereal, while I tried handing her a peach vodka. She readily (or uneasily? LOL!!) accepted his offerings and chomped ’em down. Mine? Well… I think I ended up with that mini-bottle in the elevator. Hey!! What??! I was about to go down to the “Pre-registration party”. I was shaking in my boots. I mean, my heels! Yeah, I needed it. 😉 You just can’t make this stuff up.
- This one time, at Book Bash, I was offered umm…. a sort of…. “strip-tease”? By the “Savage Boys”. Alas… I had to regretfully decline due to my ummm… well? What the heck did I decline THAT for?!!! 😉 Oh right. My husband was there!!! And I’m a bit of a prude. Well. Not really, but you know. 😉 Although he just told me he woulda been fine with it. Much later. What!!?? So I could have… ??? *Son of a nut-cracking ^%$#@@*^^^!!!!!!* <— 😛
This one time, at Book Bash, I was lifted in the air (for cuddles <— yes. Cuddles) by a Savage Boy. And then another another Savage Boy. And Shay Savage herself had to keep an eye on my hemline. 😉 Thanks Shay!!! *eeeeeeeeep!* They are SO adorable. Sexy… and…. adorable.
- This one time, at Book Bash, I got to hug as many of our community as I could. There was a LOT of hugging. But what’s better than a hug? It’s an entire happy, loving conversation, in one big squeeze. 😀
- This one time, at Book Bash, I started to shake so hard as our fellow readers entered the room. It was go-time. I was shaking so hard that my BFF had to hold me a little, and warm me up. Thank you Sherbear!
- This one time, at Book Bash, I finally got to meet all of the authors I missed out on last year. What!?? How can I miss out on authors at my own event? I know, right? It is just SO BIG!!!!
- This one time, at Book Bash, I realized… Paul Marron can’t take a bad picture. And is probably the nicest person you’d ever meet. <— Wait. I already knew that. 😉
- This one time, at Book Bash, I met Hang Le!!
- This one time, at Book Bash, I realized that our “Book Bash volunteers” are the absolute BEST team in the world. They can run anything, fix anything, move at the speed of light and save the world. Yep. True super-heroes! <— I’m not kidding.
- This one time, at Book Bash, I got a TON of my own books signed!!!
- This one time, at Book Bash, I realized I was the luckiest girl in the world to be a part of the absolute BEST community, ever. When we’re all together, nothing else matters. We are one. Our books, and our authors, unite us. I love you all!
This one time, at Book Bash ANGSTFEST (Saturday June 28th, 2014)
This one time, at Angstfest, Lori brought me into our private “whip cream” lair. I didn’t even know that existed but I had a great kickstart to my evening. Key lime whip cream shots and extra “other” whip cream shots” made for a messy (and happy!) Maryse.
- This one time, at Angstfest, we took a ton of group bathroom selfies. You guys are right. They totally ARE the best!!!
- This one time, at Angstfest, I heard the entire crowd singing to Griffin Peterson’s songs. LIVE!!! What an incredible sound.
- This one time, at Angstfest, volunteer “Steve” and I posed next to the cutest “My Little Pony”… er… panties. Wait. They weren’t on me. 😉 And it’s not what you think. Well… not really. *tee hee!!!!* <— I’m blushing again. Nope. Not gonna show you. Stupid whip cream key lime shots make me silly! 😛
- This one time, at Angstfest, almost the entire room did the cupid shuffle perfectly. In unison. And then… they did it again.
This one time, at Angstfest (and Book Bash) there were cover models! —>
This one time, at Angstfest, I met a TON of our fellow readers. AND I LOVE ’em!!
- This one time, at Book Bash, I TRIED to do the cupid shuffle. Holding onto a cocktail. In 4″ heels. Flapping my arm (the other was busy holding that drink – thank goodness for that or I think I would have flown away). LOL!!! Ever seen the Elaine “Seinfeld” dance? Youtube it. Not my video hopefully… Elaine’s. We’ll just forget mine exists… somewhere. What exists? Not any video of me, that’s for sure.
- This one time, at Angstfest, R.K. Lilley and her own “Mr. Beautiful” were the last ones standing at the end of the night!!!! Oh yes. Mind you, R.K. lost her voice, but that just made her sexier. 😛
Now… wanna hear what the authors, volunteers and fellow readers think about “this one time, at Book Bash”?
This one time, at Book Bash, the authors…
Dawn Robertson: One time I went to Book Bash and I forced people to drink fiery booze (as Christina Lauren called it) <— sidenote from Maryse: I was one of ’em. Forced? Well… 😉 It was delicious!
Trudy Stiles: One time I went to Book Bash and I forgot socks. #secretstory #nottelling LOL
Dawn Robertson: One time I went to Book Bash and met someone as small as I am (Maryse) <— sidenote from Maryse: TRUE!!!!
C.d. Reiss: Once, I went to Book Bash and was so excited to stay, I booked my return tickets for the following month. (true story, and 600 bucks to fix)
Maryse: LOL!!!!! Ohh I shouldn’t laugh….. I’m sorry. But that one surprised me!
C.d. Reiss: Please. Laugh. Mascara’s expensive
JM Darhower: This one time at Book Bash Debra Anastasia convinced us to drink this TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE rum straight at the table that a reader gave us *side-eyes Debra*
Maryse: LOL!!!!! Oh gosh was it “Pussers Rum”? That IS deadly-tasting.
J. Lynn: One time I went to Book Bash and engaged in a hotel hallway territorial battle with a bible study group.
Maryse: Nice!!!!! I wonder if it was one of them that pulled the fire alarm thingie.
J. Lynn: Probably. Except I never heard the fire alarm. LOL
Carey Heywood: This one time I went to Book Bash and made a bad dance decision which resulted in my limping around and making readers who wanted pics with me sit in my lap. <— pic that she attached is hilarious!!! And quite… *waggles eyebrows*
Laura Kaye: Tessa Bailey has a good one for this. Eyeballs Tessa.
JB Salsbury: Book Bash Highlight: I sat on the toilet seat after Colleen Hoover! Yep. Sat. Oh! I stared at Kristen Ashley’s cocktail for five straight non-stop minutes when she left it at the bar to make sure she wouldn’t get roofed. This one time at Book Bash, a very enthusiastic reader accidentally made it to second base with me. It was a little awkward. Best. Trip. Ever!!! Toni Aleo, Gretchen de la O, Kristen Ashley? I know you girls have stories….
Penelope Reid: One time at Book Bash I was incredibly nervous during the author reception on Friday and accidentally bumped bottoms with Tina Reber. When I went to apologize she told me (next time) to grab her ass because it would give me good luck.
Tessa Bailey: I know which story you’re referring to Laura and I plead the fifth! BUT one time at Book Bash, I did ask a security guard to arrest me because I had just, “murdered the dance floor.” He shook his head while walking into the men’s bathroom, pants already half-unzipped.
Maryse: LOL!!! You guys are killing me!!
Penelope Reid: Also, one time at Book Bash I was introduced to a reader (as Penelope Reid) at the party. and she said she was still upset with me for “how quickly Tate forgave Jared in Bully” I told her I was releasing a new version with a different ending where they all died in the end Hamlet-style (Then I told her who I was). Also (I’m starting to feel like this is confession…) one time at Book Bash I became completely bereft for words while talking to Kristen Ashley and said, “Hey, maybe sometime we could hang out and talk about… the weather.”
C.d. Reiss: OMG have you EVER gotten laid?
Penelope Reid: Cd it’s funny you ask! Because, one time at Book Bash….
Aly Martinez: One time at Book Bash I had a very “stimulating” conversation with Renee Carlino but I can’t tell y’all about it because she witnessed me fall off a chair shortly after.
Renee Carlino: It was so stimulating, Aly that you fell out of the chair. I’m pretty sure that’s what happened and I’m sorry.
Aly Martinez: BAHAHHA! You absolutely do not have to apologize to me! I believe I started the “stimulating” conversation! You are freaking awesome Renee!
Tina Reber: I totally fondled Penelope Reid’s ass.
Gretchen de la O: Wait Tina Reber you fondled my ass too!
Trudy Stiles: One time at Book Bash, Gretchen de la O ate a piece of ‘candy’ and seriously turned me on. LOL!
Gretchen de la O: One time at book bash I gave a couple ladies multiple BIG O’s. Oh, yeah, Trudy Stiles…I still never found out what that was! But it was triangular and dark red. <–I know the guy said it was fruit, but what fruit comes in the shape of a triangle?
Trudy Stiles: LOL – Gretchen! It was like a jelly candy or something…
Shay Savage: One time at Book Bash I went fountain diving with a fan. One time I went to Book Bash and while TSB was in the shower, TST stole his phone and we made an “Angry Moose” video. One Time at Book Bash I thought it would be a good idea to pick up my 210 pound, solid muscle model piggy back style…I did hold him for a bit. However, when I thought trying to do a squat while holding him was a good idea, we both ended up on our asses.
Aleatha Romig: I was felt up by CJ Roberts! Does that count??? She said she was fixing my pleat…but it took longer than it should have. Just say’n (and I liked it) lol!
Debra Anastasia: One Time at Book Bash I was in a witch-like huddle toasting boobs with Maryse Couturier Black and CJ Roberts –I think we were one fart, one sneeze and one match from casting a really impressive spell over Orlando.
S L Scott: This thread for all the awards!
Maryse: YES!! ALL THE AWARDS!!!
Tina Reber: I grabbed a lot of author butts at Book Bash. So many, it’s all a blur.
This one time, at Book Bash (and Angstfest), the volunteers…
Sherry: This one time, I went to Book Bash 2014 with my Best Friend and HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE!!!
Crysti: This year at Book Bash, I was assisting an author. Two readers came up to her table and started chatting back and forth. One friend tells the the author that her friend is like their little homecoming queen. The other friend replied “I hate homecoming queens.” The look on their faces was priceless when the author said to them “I was homecoming queen! ”
Steven: I do not think you would want to quote my experiences.
Robin: Key Lime Pie Shots!!! <— see? i’m not the only one. 😉 It’s fun being a volunteer!!
Sherry: Haha Steven, I think I was part of some of your *experiences*
Michelle: This one time, at Book Bash, I got to hug Paul Marron and he smelled soooo good!
Maryse: All I remember is the whip cream face!
Sherry: I have the picture to prove that ^^
Laura: This one time, at Book Bash, I looked around and realized I was at Islands of Adventure with Chelsea M Cameron, Karina Halle, SL Scott, Katie Ashley, and Jennifer Armentrout and I almost had a panic attack being surrounded by all the awesome.
Daisy: One time at Book Bash I got Griffin Peterson to give a shout out to Kindle Buddies and I won the shout out. Not funny but yes it was.
Jody: One time at Book Bash someone wheeling in a blow up doll that was labeled and we didn’t blink an eye. I heard there was a church group that asked what all the women were doing. LOL
Sherry: Oh the blow up doll!! I saw it….did ANYONE get a picture of it ??!
Maryse: I think there’s a pic of me posing in front of it. Er… and by posing, I mean trying to hide it. LOL!!! 😛 Haven’t seen it yet, so I’m nervous. 😉
Steven: Me, Maryse, Dawn Robertson, a bottle of fireball, and “my little pony” panties… turned into the best picture ever.
Robin: Yes, that pic is awesome Steven!
Maryse: *blush* That was a cardboard cutout of me. Lori said so the next morning… I have no reason not to believe her!! 😉
Sharon: One time at book bash I had a few to many drinks after it ended and took this amazing pic with Maryse Black and almost took us both down ; ) —>
Lori: This one time, at book bash, all the MacPack were sitting outside waiting for the pre registrations doors to open, and each time an author came out from the author reception I’d announce who was coming, and they scream WOOOOOOO. Then the volunteer meeting started so Eddie asked me to keep them quiet, so they had to “whisper woo” whenever an author walked out. Needless to say that didn’t last long.
Maryse: LOL!!! US!!??? Whisper??? Bwahahahahhaha
Sherry: You could hear them throughout the hotel!! Funny
This one time, at Book Bash, fellow readers and bloggers…
Natasha Tomic: As soon as this flight is confirmed, I’ll think of something.
Maryse’s Book Blog: Are you still in the US, Natasha?
Natasha Tomic: Only Book Bash is worth THIS, Maryse Black! <— and by “this” she means, her plane leaving L.A. broke a water pipe and POURED WATER into the middle area of the plane she was on. They had to divert, dump fuel and go back to L.A. <— CRAZY!!!!!
Maryse’s Book Blog: Natasha, I’m adding it. THAT IS CRAZY!!!!!
Lindsee: My fiancee and myself had trouble looking for our hotel room so this nice lady was helping us. Turns out she was Jennifer Armentrout and because I was so jet lag and tired I didn’t realize it until after we went down to the front desk. *smacks head* & our hotel room was in the south pavilion which is why I couldn’t find it to begin with
Carla: Standing outside, patiently waiting, my BFF and I met fellow Kristen Ashley fans and ended up spending the day AND night with them. Four people united for life thanks to Book Bash. And to top it off, we sat WITH our fabulous Bucket List author for four hours at the bar. Couldn’t have asked for a better day!!! Thank you Maryse Black and Book Bash!!!
Kim Jones: Thanks Book Bash, I made great friends, had an awesome time and got to chill with Kristen Ashley! Thanks also to Carla Krissinger for posting!! <— side note: YES!! The author!!!
Shanda: Me & my 2 book BFF’s which also happen to be my cousin’s got called out by Gretchen De la O to come over to her table during pre-registration she asked if we read her books we admitted we hadn’t she told us what she was working on next asked us our opinion on some…um stuff I probably shouldn’t type here (blushing) we had to tell her what a Jack Ladder was even brought up pics on our iPhones then she had to bring Tina Reber in on the Jack Ladder conversation; my stomach hurt from laughing so hard. Gretchen was awesome!!! So guess who’s books I am going to start !
Ana’s Attic Bookblogger: The bellhop from last year asked about Tara Sivec. He knew she was at a wedding because he has “an unhealthy stalking obsession”. He said that Book Bash is the reason he stays working there. Looked forward to it all year.
Maryse: OMG Ana!!! I LOVE that tidbit!!! LOL!!!
Tara Sivec: LMAO Ana’s Attic Bookblogger!! I really need to give a shout out to my stalker!
Karen: Best. Moment. Ever…. Kissing Paul Marron —>
Abbie: This one time at Book Bash, R.K. Lilley kidnapped me and took me to Universal, and we did Butterbeer selfies in one of the Harry Potter lines hahahahaha
And here are some extra pics that I LOVE!
(P.S. Part 2 is coming tomorrow… I have a TON of awesome author pics and signing pics and well… yeah. There’s more). 😀