A reading order for only two books? Yep, ’cause for one, I loved these and how absolutely uncomfortable they made me (such dark daaarrrrrk reads!!). So addictive and they absolutely need to be read in order, even if there are just two of ’em.
And TWO, I will be blog-stalking the author (stalking is so appropriate considering this series…) gathering intel and all that, and updating this page with any news, tweets or comments by the author about potential future writings for the characters in this series. ‘Cause we all know… there’s got to be WAY more story where these came from, right? So this page is gonna be everything “Dark Duet” related!
Here are some reader reactions to the series:
Sonia: I have to start by saying I was really apprensive about reading this book because it reminded me a lot of that movie Taken which I swore I would never watch again because it disturbed me so much. With that said I started reading it and forced myself to stick it out. I am glad I did. While the idea of what was happening disturbs me very much, I did feel emotion for both of them. I am amazed how well written it was. The writer takes you though so many emotions….
Sandy: I felt like it was a train wreck (you can’t help but look) in the beginning… you can’t help but look…did NOT like this book but still i kept reading then it grew on me… dark.. yes… and OMG YES… I felt so bad for Livie, she was so broken in her own way… and then there is Caleb… hate him, loved him, had total anxiety over him…
Ashley: I loved the book and i also hated it cuz of the mixed feelings i had…its true when they say you ll need therapy afterwards….i found myself gripping the ipad fierce when caleb confused me…i wanted to bang my head to the wall for understanding why *spoiler* …gosh…it was intense. Its an amazing story..
Paula: OMG!!!! I can’t believe i’m actually crying over this book… is it only me or everyone fall for the bad guy???
Get the picture? Yep… it’s one of those darks reads. 😉
- Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet: Book 1) -> see my review
- Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet: Book 2) -> see my review
- Epilogue (The Dark Duet: Book 3) (from Caleb’s POV – here’s just a “peek“)
- ALTERNATE ENDING (free on the author’s website)
- Determined to Obey
- Agent Reed’s book <— spinoff in the works – expected release 2013
- And my stalking has already proved fruitful!! (see the news area below)
DARK DUET NEWS UPDATES: (most of these quoted from the CJ Robert’s Facebook fan page)
- A CJ Roberts fan asked her (on her Facebook page) for the possibility of a Dark Duet 2.5 for Christmas – a followup of Caleb and Kitten (YES!! so clever! What a perfect request) and CJ Roberts answered:
“Hahahahah, oh ‘that’s all’? Probably not for Christmas, but maybe for your birthday (next year). LOL”
- When a fan asked about the possibility of a 3rd book, CJ answered:
“At this time I am not planning a third book. I am writing about Agent Reed though. Once I’m done with that, I’m open to the possibility of writing some novella’s or a graphic novel.”
- When a fan asked her for the possibility of more about Felipe and Celia, CJ answered:
“As for Felipe and Celia, I definitely want to write something for them. Also, Kid.”
- When a fan asked for her dream cast for her characters, CJ posted this link to photos of “them”.
- About how the series came to her…
“I came by it honestly in a dark and lonely hotel room in Germany one night. The story wouldn’t leave me alone for eight years.”
- Interesting little tidbit here from the author! When a fan(s) made mention of her incredible stories (and the fact that some shied away from them, due to the subject matter) CJ said:
“I thought I took it easy on you guys. lol! Thanks for sticking it out… I forget the rest of the world isn’t as emotionally crippled as I am. LOL! Looking back, the stuff I took out could have curdled milk. The world is better off without it.”“I dug deep into MYSELF while writing these books. I dreamed about them too. Thanks for coming on the journey.”