One of my favorite series of the year (and pretty much one of my favorites of all time). This one took so many of us by storm and put us all in a reading frenzy. A seriously tortured soul finding his way from the dark to the light, and a gentle soul struggling to meet him in the middle. Check out my book review of book #1 to get an idea of what it’s about – this is not your typical contemporary romance. Sure… it’s romance, but with a twist. A HARD twist 😉 :
My friend Jackie said it best, and I just had to quote her:
“Maryse urged me to look past the ‘kink’ and read away. It was sooo good. I loved both main characters – cringed in a few places – yes , but did manage to ‘see’ Christian despite his needs. Read it girls – it’s a gut churning, heart wrenching tale that I defy you not to get lost in.”
P.S. Here are all my reviews (though if by crazy chance you haven’t read these yet, don’t read my reviews past book 1 to avoid spoilers):
- Book Review – Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James – 5 stars
- Book Review – Fifty Shades Darker by E. L. James – 5 stars
- Book Review – Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James – 4 stars
About book #1:
The unworldly, innocent Ana is shocked to realize she wants this man, and when he warns her to keep her distance it only makes her more desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her too – but on his own terms.
Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success – his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving adoptive family – Grey is man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a passionate, physical and daring affair, Ana learns more about her own dark desires, as well as the Christian Grey hidden away from public scrutiny.
The reading ORDER:
- Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
- Fifty Shades Darker: Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
- Fifty Shades Freed: Book Three of the Fifty Shades Trilogy
- and then… from HIS POV!!
- Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian
- Darker: Fifty Shades Darker as Told by Christian (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian Book 2)
- Freed: Fifty Shades Freed as Told by Christian (Fifty Shades as Told by Christian Book 3)