I remember back in my Twilight obsession days, I was seeing all sorts of women reading books from THIS series. I was obsessed with books, so of course I’d chat with ’em, but I couldn’t fathom the obsession. Why? ‘Cause there were NO vampires in this series!!! Mere mortals. I couldn’t fathom it. I just… I couldn’t. LOL!!! But even wayyyyyy back then, Tanya told us this was a good series to help tear us away from our vamp obsession:
Tanya: Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series, it is laugh out loud funny, similar to Queen Betsy but no supernatural. Right down to two hunky men, crazy side kicks, and a lead with an interesting view point. If you run out of sup reads and need to fill some time, try out one of these, you may find a way to gently pull away from sexy vamps.
*gasp* But I just couldn’t!
But now I can. 😉 ‘Cause I’m back to loving human men, and I hear this series is hilarious. I know… I knowwwwwww… I’m WAY late to the Stephanie Plum party. Most of y’all are already well acquainted with, and caught up with, this fabulous series. And it was brought to my attention again, with this recent reader question, and by the reader answers (and their reactions to him) – past comments, and current ones… I knew I was missing out.
Rebecka: I also love the Stephanie plum series
Stacy: …the most recent book I cried because I was laughing so hard was Janet Evanovich…Stephanie Plum series.
Shannon: I’m reading the Stephanie Plum series right now. Not much romance but pretty funny.
Penny: I love the Stephanie Plum books, Ive never laughed so hard with a series as with those books! Not to mention I still have a major crush on Ranger and still hope her HEA is with him
Char: This is embarrassing to admit but I have an obsession with Ranger from The Stephanie Plum series. It’s been a year since I read the series I should be able to get this guy out of my head right? …Ranger tops them all. I know it’s sad. lol
Alyssa: Stephanie Plum is always a fun read. And Ranger. Swoon!!!!! Love him. My first alpha…
Amy: Ah, Ranger.
Megan: Best series ever!!!!!!
Rebecca: …They are seriously- laugh out loud- make your husband stop and listen to you read out loud to him whether he wants to hear it or not- funny. You will enjoy them!
So here’s the reading order for those of you that haven’t read ’em yet, and are just as curious as I am. Oh and I know… it’s kind of funny & superfluous creating a “reading order guide” for a series when each book IS already numbered right in the title of that book. But just humor me.. 😉 It helps keep me organized, and helps me keep up with her upcoming releases, too! 😀
About book #1:
Watch out, world. Here comes Stephanie Plum, a bounty hunter with attitude. In Stephanie’s opinion, toxic waste, rabid drivers, armed schizophrenics, and August heat, humidity, and hydrocarbons are all part of the great adventure of living in Jersey. She’s a product of the “burg,” a blue-collar pocket of Trenton where houses are attached and narrow, cars are American, windows are clean, and (God forbid you should be late) dinner is served at six.
Now Stephanie’s all grown up and out on her own, living five miles from Mom and Dad’s, doing her best to sever the world’s longest umbilical cord. Her mother is a meddler, and her grandmother is a few cans short of a case. Out of work and out of money, with her Miata repossessed and her refrigerator empty, Stephanie blackmails her bail bondsman cousin, Vinnie, into giving her a try as an apprehension agent. Stephanie knows zilch about the job requirements, but she figures her new pal, fearless bounty hunter Ranger, can teach her what it takes to catch a crook.
Her first assignment: nail Joe Morelli, a former vice cop on the run from a charge of murder one. Morelli is also the irresistible macho pig who took Stephanie’s virginity at age sixteen and then wrote the details on the bathroom wall of Mario’s Sub Shop. There’s still powerful chemistry between these two, so the chase should be interesting.
It could also be extremely dangerous, especially when Stephanie encounters a heavyweight title contender who likes to play rough. Benito Ramirez is known for his brutality to women. At the very least, his obsession with Stephanie complicates her manhunt and brings terror and uncertainty into her life. At worst, it could lead to murder.
Witty, fresh, and full of surprises, One for the Money is among the most eagerly awaited crime novels of the season.
- One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, No. 1): A Stephanie Plum Novel
- Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, No. 2): A Stephanie Plum Novel
- Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, No. 3): A Stephanie Plum Novel
- Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, No. 4)
- High Five (Stephanie Plum, No. 5)
- Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, No. 6): A Stephanie Plum Novel
- Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, No. 7): A Stephanie Plum Novel
- Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, No. 8): A Stephanie Plum Novel
- Visions of Sugar Plums: A Stephanie Plum Holiday Novel (A Between the Numbers Novel # 8.5)
- To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, No. 9)
- Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, No. 10): A Stephanie Plum Novel
- Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum Book 11)
- Twelve Sharp (Stephanie Plum, No. 12)
- Plum Lovin’ (A Between the Numbers Novel Book 2) # 12.5
- Lean Mean Thirteen (Stephanie Plum, No. 13)
- Plum Lucky (A Between the Numbers Novel Book 3) # 13.5
- Fearless Fourteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel #14
- Plum Spooky (A Between the Numbers Novel Book 4) # 14.5
- Finger Lickin’ Fifteen (Stephanie Plum Book 15)
- Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum Book 16)
- Smokin’ Seventeen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
- Explosive Eighteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
- Notorious Nineteen: A Stephanie Plum Novel
- Takedown Twenty: A Stephanie Plum Novel
- Top Secret Twenty-One: A Stephanie Plum Novel
- Tricky Twenty-Two: A Stephanie Plum Novel – expected release date November 17th 2015