What’s it about? Kandace just asked that, too!
Kandace: What are the books like? Angst, romance? I’m sort of a newbie to this genre.. I’ve only read the fever series and a few BDB books.
Maryse: YES!! ALL of that, Kandace. Teacher-student romance!!! But… all of that vampire protection stuff. She is of a certain “breed” half human/vampire (I think if I remember correctly) and they are trained to bodyguard the royal breed of vampires. Her teacher is like her (half/half)… and he trains them in their Academy.
He’s the BEST of the best, and she’s pretty darn good too… but since it’s kind of like the end of high school, and he’s her teacher (and older than her)… it’s got that whole forbidden angle going on… plus SO much more angst that I can’t tell you about but that you will SCREAM at, and throw your Kindle.
I LOVED this series! Couldn’t put it down, and I felt every minute of it! Despite the fact that Vampire Academy is considered “Young Adult”, this series had masses of paranormal readers, of all ages, in an absolute reading frenzy. Non-stop action,romance, good vampires vs. bad vampires, social upheavals, and risqué tensions and situations that captured us completely, broke our hearts, and mended them again.
As per the author’s website:
Two races of vampires walk our world. The Moroi are alive and wield elemental magical, while the Strigoi are undead and evil–feeding on the innocent to survive. Rose Hathaway–a half-vampire with poor impulse control–is training to be a bodyguard for a Moroi princess. Learning to decapitate and stake is hard enough, but Rose’s real danger may lie in an illicit romance with one of her instructors…
- Vampire Academy (read my REVIEW here)
- The Meeting (free short story Dimitri’s POV on author’s website)
- Frostbite: A Vampire Academy Novel (read my REVIEW here)
- Shadow Kiss: A Vampire Academy Novel: 3 (read my REVIEW here)
- Blood Promise: A Vampire Academy Novel (read my REVIEW here)
- Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy) (read my REVIEW here)
- Last Sacrifice: A Vampire Academy Novel (read my REVIEW here)
- “Sunshine” as found in the Kisses from Hell Anthology <– about Lissa’s parents (and how they met).
- “Homecoming” as found in the Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction Anthology (short story to end off the series)