Exciting day today, ’cause not only is it HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY (it’s a short one, in comparison to our usual lists, and it’s the last one of the year!!!!! OMG that’s crazy to say that!! ) but there are a few from our READER FAVORITES BEST OF 2016 LIST that are on super-sale today (listed below). !!!
Couple that with YESTERDAY’s earlybird book release list, and we’ve got us some awesome reading this week!!! Oh… and don’t even get me started on the awesome books up for preorder that are releasing next Tuesday (posted below). It’s gonna be one of those excited-panic inducing book days for sure. Tee hee!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon <— HUGE HIT FANTASY ROMANCE and it’s super-bargain priced right now!! (Thanks for finding that bargain price, Jean and Tasha!!). My book review.
Tina: I recently finished The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon and loved it.
Anne: Finished The Bird and the Sword last night and really liked it! It was a great fantasy romance. A 4 star for me.
Jackie: The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon is top for me.
Ela: I really want to read The Bird and the Sword all over again! I absolutely LOVED that book! It’s so different and I LOVE DIFFERENT
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things: A Novel by Bryn Greenwood <— CONTROVERSIAL FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT! This one was also much-loved by many, but extremely controversial. (thanks for the super-sale-price find, Lindsay!!) My book review.
MissR: All the Ugly and Wonderful Things is one of the best books I’ve ever read and I’ve been reading for many years I borrowed it from a friend because it’s a little to pricey for my book budget.
Skye: I love love loved this one, from the writing to the romance. And most of all, loved Wavy. The whole thing really spoke to me.
Robyn: …it was a super forbidden fruit deal for me. But I read the book like a trainwreck…I couldn’t stop if I wanted to. I’m glad it ended like it did, even though so many lines were crossed and then crossed again!
- Darkfever: Fever Series Book 1 by Karen Marie Moning <— ONE OF THE BEST BROODING, JERKFACE ANTIHEROES ALERT and each book in the series gets better and better! Thanks for finding us this super-bargain, Jean!! My book review.
Jean: Guys I am LOVING Darkfever!!!! Great recommendation! Couldn’t put it down last night and now I’m tired today! Soooo good!!!!!
KB: My favorite book that I’ve read this year so far is definitely Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning…I just caught up to that series and read all of them over 2 weeks, love those books.
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty <— MARITAL STRIFE AND FRIENDSHIPS ALERT!! “…when Erika mentions a last minute invitation to a barbecue with her neighbors, Tiffany and Vid, Clementine and Sam don’t hesitate. Having Tiffany and Vid’s larger than life personalities there will be a welcome respite. Two months later, it won’t stop raining, and Clementine and Sam can’t stop asking themselves the question: What if we hadn’t gone?” This one is on super-sale too!
Tasha: I’m going to go with Truly Madly Guilty by Lianne Moriarty as favorite book of the year though. I just love this author. I’ve only read 3 of her books but they all have that special something that makes such a big impression on me and stays with me long after I’ve read them. She has the ability to write characters that feel so incredibly real and you feel something for all of them, flaws and all and will quickly become absorbed in their lives and the mystery of the thing that drives the story. In this book, the mystery of what happened at the BBQ truly did drive me mad. Lol For almost a good 40% of the book I think, but it allowed for good character development and when I found out what happened, and how it affected each of the characters from then after, it made me feel so much more for them.
- Paper Princess: A Novel (The Royals Book 1) by Erin Watt <— HER SORT-OF-FOSTER BROTHERS ARE BULLIES ALERT! This one is super-bargain priced today and I LOVED it!! My book review.
Anne: I am reading The Royals series by Erin Watt and freaking loving it!! I am almost done with Paper Princess and I love those Royals! Yes they can be total jerks but deep inside they are just suffering. I can’t wait to get off work today so I can keep reading. I am glad I waited till all 3 books were out
Lauren: I would have to say Paper Princess. I think I bought 6 copies and gave them to friends and family! I forced them to read it and all but one love it!
- A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses Book 2) by Sarah J. Maas <— HUGE FANTASY SERIES FAVORITE ALERT!!! This one is on super-sale right now too!!
Jeannie: , I can’t choose between two of my favorites for 2016, so I’m going to list them both. I absolutely loved A Court of Mist and Fury – everything changed in this book, and I loved it! I couldn’t put it down and I cannot wait for the sequel.
MichelleS: My favorite November read? It was A Court of Mist and Fury, by Sarah J. Maas. SQUEE!!!!! Loved it. Cannot wait for the next installment.
- Empire of Storms (Throne Of Glass Series Book 5) by Sarah J. Maas <— HUGE FANTASY SERIES FAVORITE ALERT!!! This one is on super-sale right now too!! (thank you, Tasha for finding it!)
Theresa: Oh Maryse…to only choose ONE…GAHHH…that is so challenging…well, since Court of Mist and Fury is already up there, and that is what came to my mind immediately; I will choose a different one…same author though and that is Empire of Storms by Sarah Maas…the world building, character development, plot twists, and that ending…OMG talk about a cliffhanger!
- A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole <— ANOTHER 2016 READER FAVORITE SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!!
Teresa: The book that has moved me the most so far this year is A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole. I both loved and hated it….6+ stars.
Shay: I would have to say A Thousand Boy Kisses by Tillie Cole her books always leave me wanting more, this book left me emotionally exhausted i couldnt sing its praises enough i recommend it to everyone especially if they are fans of me before you they both affected me in the same way. Months later they can still bring tears to my eyes just thinking about the stories. I left this book with an appreciation for living and enjoying life also an appreciation for authors that have the ability to move you with their words there are only a handful that leave me weeks later still thinking about their books, and Tillie cole is one of them.
- The Problem with Forever (Harlequin Teen) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT SUPER-BARGAIN TODAY!!! (Thanks for finding it JenC!!)
Amy: even if The Problem With Forever is YA, it’s Jennifer Armentrout so I’m clicking that one, too. GAH! I love her writing.
JenC: Oh more! The Problem with Forever by Jennifer L. Armentrout has dropped
- Beard Science (Winston Brothers Book 3) by Penny Reid <— COMEDY ROMANCE and it’s super-bargain priced today!!
Lisa: Loved Beard Science. Its like visiting the set of Northern Exposure, there are all these quirky eccentric characters. Love Penny Reid’s writing.
- One with You: A Crossfire Novel (Crossfire Series Book 5) by Sylvia Day <— CROSSFIRE SERIES ALERT!! This one is super-bargain priced today, too!
LisaM: I just finished One with You by Sylvia Day!! Waaa!! I loved it!! I’m sad because it’s over. What an amazing series!! Sylvia is an awesome writer!! Loved Gideon & Eva’s story through each book!!! This was one series that I didn’t have to reread the previous books!! That says a lot, especially since there was a year or so in between each book!!
- Fellside by M.R. Carey <— SCARY BOOK ALERT!!! And this one is super-bargain priced today and has me wanting to one-click it SO HARD!!! “Fellside is a maximum security prison on the edge of the Yorkshire Moors. It’s not the kind of place you’d want to end up. But it’s where Jess Moulson could be spending the rest of her life. It’s a place where even the walls whisper.“
- Desired Affliction Series: Books 1-4 by C.A. Harms <— BARGAIN-PRICED SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!
- Destroy Series: Books 1-3 by K.D. Carrillo <— BARGAIN-PRICED SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!
- Fated Destinations: A Contemporary, Paranormal, and Science Fiction Romance Boxed Set <— BARGAIN-PRICED SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!
- Red Stilettos series boxed set: Books 1-4 by Rebecca J. Clark <— SALE-PRICED SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!!
- My Champion (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 7) by Alanea Alder
- Ted on an Alien Planet: Ted Stedman Novel 03 by D. R. Rosier
- Phoenix Blood (Old School Book 1) by Jenny Schwartz
- Scorched (Rulers of the Sky Book 1) by Paula Quinn
- Call Me Zhenya by Katriena Knights
- The Choice To Be Free (Children of Angels Book 8) by Natalie D. Wilson
- Torture (Terraway Book 3) by Mary E. Twomey
- Death’s Dancer by Jasmine Silvera
- Edge of Yesterday (Edge Series Book 1) by Tarah Scott and Sue-Ellen Welfonder
- A Court For Fairies (Dark Heralds Book 1) by Lynn S.
- Kovah: Soul Seeker: A Rebel Riders Novel by C.J. Pinard <— COLLEGE STUDENT HAS BEEN CHANGED FOREVER… “When his freakish eyes and lack of aging become too much to explain, he leaves Dominic and New York behind and becomes Kovah Sanagra, the foul-mouthed, angry vampire-hunting hybrid who literally has nothing left to lose.”
- Blood Moon: Fated & Forbidden: The Conclusion by Kallysten
- The Edge of the Blade (The Uncharted Realms) by Jeffe Kennedy
- Wild Rose, Silent Snow by Angel Martinez <— M/M ROMANCE
- Accused (The Talani Trade Alliance Book 1) by Leona Windwalker <— M/M ROMANCE
- Cursed Touch (Grimwood Book 4) by Kelly Apple
- Color of Evil: Spectrum of Color Book Two by S. K. Wee
- Until Ashlyn: (Until Her) by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— SHE DRUNKENLY MARRIED HER BOSS IN VEGAS ALERT!! ”Waking up married in Vegas isn’t something Ashlyn Mayson ever thought would happen to her. Having Dillon, her boss, a man she thinks is a dick, insist they stay married is absurd, but every time he touches her, she gets lost in him and wonders if maybe they are meant to be together...”
- The Ice Beneath Her: A Novel by Camille Grebe <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!!! A WOMEN IS DEAD & A WEALTHY “PLAYBOY” who’s the MISSING SUSPECT and they’re all looking for him… “Emma Bohman, a young clerk at Orre’s company, chanced to meet the charming chief executive, and romance swiftly bloomed. Almost as quickly as the passionate affair ignited, it was over when Orre inexplicably disappeared. One staggering misfortune after another followed, leaving Emma certain that her runaway lover was to blame and transforming her confusion and heartbreak into anger. Now, pursuing the same mysterious man for different reasons, Emma and the police are destined to cross paths in a chilling dance of obsession, vengeance, madness, and love gone hellishly wrong.“
- Underboss Raphael (Cosa Nostra Book 2) by Harley McRide
- Hawk’s Bounty (Haven MC Book 2) by Carson Mackenzie
- Wind River Rancher (Wind River Series Book 2) by Lindsay McKenna
- How Not to Let Go (The Belhaven Series) by Emily Foster
- Kill Without Shame (Ares Security) by Alexandra Ivy <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT! HE’S A MILITARY HERO NOW WORKING FOR A SECURITY COMPANY and he once broke her heart badly, but “…since surviving captivity, he’s a changed man—and a crucial member of ARES Security. When he discovers a dead man clutching a picture of Mia that bears a threatening message, his fiercest protective instincts kick in, and he knows he must go to her…”
- Atonement (The Atonement Duet Book 1) by Selene Chardou
- What Women Want by Mari Carr
- The Sometime Burglar by Winifred Morris
- Uphold: Blue Line Series Book 2 by Reagan Phillips
- Divine Desire (The Lotus House Series Book 3) by Audrey Carlan <— A YOGA INSTRUCTOR AND A MUSICIAN ALERT! “When veteran yoga instructor Mila Mercado was asked to attend a new class and report back to the studio, she had no idea that the over-confident, ruggedly sexy newbie Atlas Powers was going to teach more than just a very controversial and erotic form of yoga...”
- Crashing The Net by Cheyenne Meadows
- Unforgivable Lust & Restraint: Book 2 of the Unforgivable Series by Shay Lee Soleil
- The Fallen Angel Series Box Set: Fallen Angel – A Mafia Romance by Tracie Podger
- Depravity (The Captive Series Book 2) by Penelope Marshall
- Twisted by Emily Zajac
- Cabin Rescue (The Sampson Series Book 2) by Lena Lane
- Fighting for Us by Mareta L. Miller <— HE’S MOURNING THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE AND WANTS TO JOIN HER, and… “…he falls into the world of underground fighting, every day chasing the chance to know the relief that joining her in death would bring. In a surprise attack, he’s finally called to the other side, and he follows willingly until a woman he’s never met, an angel, begs him to stay and fight for his life. Against all he’s wanted for more than four years, he allows the eyes and the voice of this angel to call him back. ..” OH!! This sounds like it could be really heart wrenching and heartwarming and angsty!!
- A Spiced Apple Winter: A Fairfield Orchard Novel by Emma Cane
- In Your Arms (A For Your Love Novel) by Shannyn Schroeder
- All He Feels – Dax & Ginny (Crossroads Book 11) by Melanie Shawn <— SHE’S A FAMOUS COUNTRY SINGER & HE’S HER BODY GUARD (and it can be read as a standalone)
- Everything for Her by Alexa Riley
- Insert Groom Here (Unconventional Brides Romance) by K.M. Jackson
- The Fixer: Games People Play by HelenKay Dimon <— SHE NEEDS HIS HELP ALERT!!! “He’s known only as Wren. A wealthy, dangerously secretive man, he specializes in making problems disappear. A professional fixer, Wren hides a dark past, but his privacy is shattered when Emery Finn seeks him out—and what she wants from him is very personal…”
- SEALs of Honor: Chase by Dale Mayer
- The Devil’s Spawn (Devil’s Kiss Book 4) by Gemma James
- Craving Irish (Sinners & Saints Book 3) by Sara Brookes
- Protecting Her SEAL (ASSIGNMENT: Caribbean Nights Book 11) by Kat Cantrell
- Dirty Play (A Nolan Brothers Series Novel ~ Book 3) by Amy Olle <— SHE NOW OWNS A PRO HOCKEY TEAM ALERT!! “Thrust into her new role as team owner, Haven strikes a hasty but lucrative trade deal, only to find out her new star forward and the sexy groomsman she hooked up with at a friend’s wedding are one and the same man…“
- Seeking the Future (The Forgotten Trilogy Book 3) by Brenda Kennedy
- Crash and Burn (Sisterhood Book 27) by Fern Michaels
- The Rancher’s Heart (Hearts of Wyoming Book 3) by Anne Carrole
- Four Weddings and a Sixpence: An Anthology by Julia Quinn, Elizabeth Boyle, Stefanie Sloane, Laura Lee Guhrke
- Eligible Billionaires Box Set Books 1-5 by Maggie Marr
- Eligible Billionaires Box Set Books 6-9 by Maggie Marr
- The Fighter’s Bride (Interracial Bad Boy Fighter Romance) (Alpha Males Book 10) by Miss Brandy K
- Draw The Line by Kim Carmichael <— SHE NEEDS TO GET MARRIED TO NOT BE DEPORTED ALERT! “…Needing to get married, she figures she’ll give it a go when Argyle offers to make an honest woman out of her for the price of co-starring in a reality show. The show takes on a life of its own, airing everything from their dirty laundry to their public display of passion…“
- Highland Gathering (Abducted Hearts Book 2) by Douglas Black <— M/M ROMANCE
- A Long Walk Home (Happawly Ever After Romance Book 1) by Piper Landen
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Rock Chick Reawakening by KRISTEN ASHLEY!!!! – January 3rd 2017
- Diablo Lake: Protected by Lauren Dane - January 3rd 2017
- Empire (Cartel Book 3) by Lili St Germain - January 3rd 2017
- Hard Hitter (A Brooklyn Bruisers Novel) by Sarina Bowen - January 3rd 2017
- The Mistress: A Novel by Danielle Steele – January 3rd 2017
- Breath of Fire (The Kingmaker Chronicles Book 2) by Amanda Bouchet – January 3rd 2017
- Satisfaction (A Lawless Novel) by Lexi Blake - January 3rd 2017
- The Protector: A Sons of Texas Novel by Donna Grant - January 3rd 2017
- Divine By Blood (Partholon) by P.C. Cast - January 3rd 2017
- Intense Pleasure (Bound Hearts) by Lora Leigh - January 3rd 2017
- The Perils of Paulie (A Matchmaker in Wonderland) by Katie MacAlister - January 3rd 2017
- It’s You, Book One by Kate Regnery - January 3rd 2017
- Fifty Shades Darker (Movie Tie-In Edition): Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (Fifty Shades of Grey Series) by E.L. James <— NEW COVER!!! - January 3rd 2017
- The Summer Palace: A Captive Prince Short Story (Captive Prince Short Stories Book 2) C. S. Pacat - January 5th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).