I’m still working off of my latest TO BE READ list. I’m being a good “TBR-list girl. In fact I just finished “Coming Home” (<— SO good – nice unique twist!) and I will be reviewing in the next day or so. Now I’m choosing my next. Of course, I’m thinking it’s high-time I get to my long-term “TBR” floater, Fighting Destiny (The Fae Chronicles Book 1) <— Sooooooo many are absolutely CRAZY for this series, and MichelleS is certainly convincing when she says:
“Oh. Em. Gee. Cannot believe The Fae Chronicles is sitting on your Kindle untouched. The horror!!! I know, I know… you’re worried it’s too paranormal and “fae” and you need to be in the mood for that…. I am here to tell you it is absolutely NOT… the over-the-top hot-hot chemistry and fantastic dialogue is what I loved about this series. Yes, it has the fantasy element, but who cares? How else could these characters be as wicked as they are? Great story. One fantastic hot-as-heck alpha male. Do it. Do it. Do it. Can’t wait to hear if you liked it as much as I did.”
“You need to escape from reality for just a day. Ryder will do that for you. Gah! he’s just so….. gah!! HAWT. Ok. he’s hawt as heck….
“…You know that book feeling you got when you were 15 and you read an adult romance novel and “those scenes”…. and you just felt it all over all day? Yup. That was Fae Chronicles for me. Except I’m three times that age!!”
LOL MichelleS!!!! I think you could write a book on how much you love this series. Yep. I must read this… WOW. This sounds like EXACTLY what I love. And like I’ve said before, MichelleS is sort of a tough book-cookie, so I’m extra tempted since she loved this one so much.
But, these sound really good! Like: Sound Advice (the hero sounds like a total grump, and so just one-clicked it, ’cause it’s on super-sale), Come (MMA fighter, and I like the premise presented in the blurb – it’s not so unique, sure, but if done right, can be lots of fun!), Forever Innocent (sounds like it wants to tear my heart out! Leaves her after the death of their baby, and comes back to her college, years later), A Perfect Life (*when* I’d read romance back in the day, I usually reached for Danielle Steele and this one sounds like it’ll give me those “feels” that I crave), Second Chances (OH YES! Definitely this one, it’s actually making me squirrel the most right now, ’cause so many love this author’s other books, and the fact that she’s a decade older than he is, plus she’s a single mom, has me excited!), Wife Number Seven (that title alone was enough to get me, but that blurb? YES PLEASE – another super-squirreler for me), Hard Roads (Biker/Dark read? For me!!) and a few more below… like usual, I left some notes.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Sound Advice (Sensations Collection Book 1) by L.B. Dunbar <— Ooooh YAY!!! This one’s on my main TBR list. I totally one-clicked that puppy! Sorta sounds like it might have that KA feel, ’cause he’s so grumpy sounding. “Calling Jess Carter’s clenched jaw and denim-colored eyes part of his standoffish manner was an understatement. His brooding exterior bordered on being downright rude…“
- Impossible Series Box Set (Savior, Rogue, and Knight) by Julia Sykes <— the entire series bundled! “The sexy FBI agent wants to save my junkie kid brother from the violent Latin Kings and save me from my self-destructive behavior. He makes me want to be better than what I am.“
- Enticing Interlude (Tempest #2) by Michelle Mankin <— Stephanie found us this ROCK STAR book!
- Ground Zero: A Zombie Apocalypse by Nicholas Ryan <— Eeeeep!! That book cover gave me a fright! I love frights! Definitely not our usual for this list, but some of our fellow readers are loving this one. Debbie says: “Fast paced … intense …. incredible attention to detail ….” and Ginny loved it, too: “Just started “Die Trying” after devouring “Ground Zero”! Loving them!”
- Die Trying: A Zombie Apocalypse by Nicholas Ryan <— and here is the second one, in case you’re in the mood for a different kind of *jolt*. Both are bargain priced. Jen says: “…my husband read them and LOVED them!”
- Come (The Fight Club Book 1) by Becca Jameson <— Oh!! An MMA fighter book that was just recently released that I missed. Looks good, too! “… she has a stalker, one of the firm’s partners who hopes to entice her to gain promotion by sleeping with him. Backed into a corner, she grabs an unexpected opportunity. She wards off his unwanted advances by plastering herself against the sexy man leaning casually against the wall outside her uncle’s gym.” <— hehe. That would be one of the MMA guys…
- Ditching The Dream: Dream Series, Book 1 by Isabelle Peterson <— Married woman/love triangle (er… love square?) ALERT! I noticed this one last week and put it on our bargains list, and I’m bringing it back again, ’cause Kelly gave it a go and loved it: “Ditching the Dream by Isabelle Peterson was amazing. I loved it. Sexy…“
- Not In My Wildest Dreams: Dream Series, Book 2 by Isabelle Peterson <— and here is book #2 but don’t read the blurb yet!! Not until you read #1.
- Forever Loved (The Forever Series Book 2) by Deanna Roy <— Stephanie found us this deal saying: Did you buy Forever Innocent when it was on sale in January??? Here’s your chance to get the heart-wrenching conclusion to Gavin and Corabelle’s passionate story on SALE!
- Forever Innocent (The Forever Series Book 1) by Deanna Roy <— and book #1 is on sale today, too! Oh YES!! I remember this blurb! Wow this sounds ANGSTY and has a ton of great reviews! “Corabelle doesn’t feel like any of the other college girls. On what should have been one of the happiest nights of her life, she and her boyfriend Gavin watched a nurse disconnect the ventilator from their seven-day-old baby. During the funeral two days later, Gavin walked out and never returned.“
- Making Faces by Amy Harmon <— Just because it’s just SO good. And Bobbi just dissevered it saying: “Late to the party again … but I finished reading Making Faces by Amy Harmon this morning and OH MY GOSH … THAT. BOOK. Just … that book. Wow. Holy book hangover.” I know, right??
- Beautifully Done (Beautifully Awake Book 2) by Riley Mackenzie <— recent release and Michelle LOVED it: “I just finished reading Beautifully Done by Riley Mackenzie! It was amazing and emotional and I CANNOT stop thinking about it! You MUST read this book!!!”
- A Moment (Moments Series Book 1) by Marie Hall <— MMA FIGHTER!! This is one that I enjoyed year or so ago, and it even has a book #2. I need to catch up! (my review of A Moment)
- Right Now (Moments Series Book 2) by Marie Hall <— This is the sequel… (but I think a different couple) AND!! I just realized that this series has a book #3 (a different couple). Yep. I REALLY need to catch up.
- This Time (Moments Book 3) by Marie Hall <— So far, SO good! Great reviews for the whole series!
- Poison Promise (Elemental Assassin Book 11) by Jennifer Estep
- Veiled Target (A Veilers Novel) by Robin Bielman
- Demons (Darkness #4) by K.F. Breene
- Shifter’s Claim Part III (The Shadow Shifters) by A.C. Arthur
- Administrative Control (Immortal Ops Book 6) by Mandy M. Roth
- The Underworld (Rhyn Eternal Book 4) by Lizzy Ford
- A Perfect Life: A Novel by Danielle Steele <— Sounds good! She’s a TV powerhouse, with a blind teenage daughter that suddenly has to move back home… “A new caretaker provided by Salima’s school creates as many problems as he solves. Handsome, accomplished, thirty-two-year-old Simon Ward, with strong opinions on every topic, questions how mother and daughter view themselves and each other. Simon opens new doors for both of them and refuses to accept Salima’s physical limitations. He turns their world upside down, and the three become friends…“
- Second Chances by H.M. Ward <— Looks like this one’s a full length, standalone novel. Ooooooooh it’s a bit forbidden-y. She’s significantly older than he is (and a single mom). I feel like I REALLY want to read this one… “Years pass and I’m still here, but it doesn’t feel like it, not until the lawn guy, Daniel Clemment, checks me out. Me. A yoga-panting, pony tailing, frumpy-butt, frizzy mommy who’s covered in whatever the baby tossed on me at lunch. Daniel’s dark eyes linger too long, as if he likes what he sees. I’m shocked and flattered, but he’s too young. The age gap between us is over a decade, but that doesn’t stop him.“
- Craving Absolution (The Aces Book 3) by Nicole Jacquelyn <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!!! I read book #1 and really enjoyed it (here’s my review of Craving Constellations), and now there are TWO more books!! I need to post the reading order.
- Taming Alec: A Novella by K.A. Robinson <— “Her safe world explodes when she meets her new neighbor, Alec. Tattooed, pierced, and with a body to kill, he’s every woman’s wet dream. Too bad he’s arrogant beyond belief. Rebecca instantly hates him. Unfortunately, her body doesn’t agree.“
- Swinger Style (Hot Rods) by Jayne Rylon
- Uninhibited (The Callahans Book 2) by Melody Grace <— ROCK STAR ALERT! “She’s spent years playing it safe, pining after the perfect man – who’s about to marry someone else. She doesn’t know how to move on, until a sexy stranger turns her world upside down with a wickedly tempting proposition…”
- Let Me Love You (The Love Series, Book Four 4) by Megan Smith
- Don’t Let Go: A Full Hearts Novella by MJ Summers
- How to Reprimand Your Rock Star by Mina Vaughn <— “… all-star college basketball player Thea dominates on the courts—and off—with a rock star who is determined to win her over.“
- Fiancée for Hire (A Front and Center Novel) by Tawna Fenske <— sounds like fun. He’s a bad-a$$ undercover, and his sister’s best friend is his “fake fiancee”. Unbeknownst to him, she’s been crushing on him for years…
- Falling for the Pirate (Entangled Scandalous) by Amber Lin <— Okay not contemporary (sounds more like historical/pirate romance) BUT!! I love this author’s other work, and must add it to the list! “Captive. All Juliana wanted was to clear her father’s name. Instead, she’s been struck with amnesia – unable to recall even her name – and imprisoned by a tall, imposing, and entirely unscrupulous pirate.”
- Bound for Trouble: BDSM Erotica For Women by Alison Tyler
- Lover Unknown by Ellie Kincade
- Fearless Love by Kennedy Kelly <— single mom overcoming death of her husband, and she meets a contractor…
- Falling for Her Husband (The Renaldis) by Karen Erickson
- Wife Number Seven by Melissa Brown <— Up my alley-sounding!! “You see, there’s more to me than the braid that spills down my back. More to me than the layers of heavy fabric that maintain my modesty. And so much more than the oppressive wedding band that adorns my finger–the same band that each of my sister wives wear. So much more. To protest would be sinful. I must keep sweet, that is my duty.” and then!!! “I’ll do my best to silence the resistance within me, to push him from my mind. If only my heart would do the same.” <— Ooooooooh!!!!! Beth says: “Wife Number Seven was UH-MAZING!!!!!!”
- Different Dreams by Tory Cates
- Reject Me: Kin Series Book 5 by Jennifer Foor <— Must be read in order… (I’ll create the reading order soon).
- Meeting His Match (A Match Me Novel) (Entangled Lovestruck) by Katee Robert
- Maybe This Time (The Belonging Series) by A.M. Arthur <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! ”Witnessing his lover’s death two years ago has Donner trapped in a holding pattern—living in his sister’s basement, working at the Pot and flirting with the customers. He’s not above spending a night with the gorgeous Ezra, but love is not in the cards. That’s more than he’s ready for.”
- General Misconduct by L.A. Witt <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! Oh sounds good! “It’s only a matter of time before they’re caught by a man who’s more than just Connor’s overprotective father. He’s also Aiden’s high-ranking boss. Someone with the power to force Aiden to choose—Connor, or his naval career.“
- Naked Risk (Shatterproof Book 3) by Jordan Burke
- The Other Side of Someday (Carolina Days Book 1) by Carey Heywood
- Hard Roads by Lily White <— DARK READ/BIKER READ ALERT!!! Our fellow reading buddy Sally went NUTS for this one saying: “I loved it! It was more than just another MC book because it had the infamous Lily White spin. That dark kind of f****d up that draws you in and spits you right back out. This book was a gripping ride of highs and lows that had me all kinds of crazy and I ate it up completely.” and Stephanie agrees: “Hard Roads by Lily White is awesome!!!” P.S. Sally reminds us (no cliffhanger): “Complete story… it was GREAT!”
- Made to Sin: The Prologue and First Chapter to Ultimate Sins (The Callahans) by Lora Leigh
- Taken by Lora Leigh <— MILITARY MEN (multiple stories in this one).
- Hot Alpha SEALs: Military Romance Megaset by Sharon Hamilton, Anne Elizabeth, Cat Johnson, Cindy Dees, Cristin Harber, Delilah Devlin, Elle James, Gennita Low, J.M. Madden, Sabrina York, Teresa Reasor, P.T. Michelle <— ANTHOLOGY !!
- Getting Played (Heart of Fame) by Lexxie Couper <— ROCK STAR SERIES!!!
- Dark Chase (The Gunrunner Series Book 2) by Miranda Kavi <— MOB series alert!!
- COME BACK: Dirty, Dark, and Deadly Book Two by J.A. Huss
- Autumn Bliss (Romancing Wisconsin Book 5) by Stacey Joy Netzel <— MILITARY MAN! “Army veteran Levi Jenkins is still dealing with the aftermath of his last tour of duty. Working in the background as a maintenance man at Whispering Pines Lodge gives him the peace his soul craves. The last thing he wants is the distraction of a woman who charms his heart while teaching him to smile again. Or maybe, that’s exactly what he needs.“
- Revive (Storm MC #3) by Nina Levine <—- BIKER BOOK ALERT!!!! “It started out as a bit of harmless fun between friends; it wasn’t meant to get complicated for either of them. But when two broken souls come together and arouse unwanted feelings in each other, complicated is what happens.“
- Three Years (Gypsy Brothers Book 5) by Lili St Germain <— BIKER SERIES ALERT!!! Installment #5 is live (I won’t read the blurb just yet, ’cause I don’ts wanna spoil this series for myself).
- Never Me by Kate Stewart <— Sounds good (and she sounds bad!!) She’s out to steal your boyfriend (doesn’t want one of her own… until him). “…I was the girl you talked about in your sad inner circle. The girl you shielded your boyfriend from as you cleverly covered him with your body when I came near… I was NEVER going to be you … until I met HIM.“
- SEX Unlimited Volume 1 (The Unlimited Series) by Kathryn Perez <— Angela recommends this brand new (short) release: “Brisban is hot! The second book just came our in this series and you will be excited for the third. Great writing.”