Great series!!! These guys take “personal demons” to a whole new level. Powerful guardians to the gods release demons from their prison (Pandora’s Box), to prove a point. Unfortunately, they weren’t able to capture and put them back. As punishment for their actions, they were banished to Earth, each one forced to “host” a demon. Each book focuses on a Guardian’s internal struggle of good and evil mingled into one body, while continuing to protect and serve. But all is not lost. Within their dark existence exists a potential for love, a woman that can ease their torment, and help their mission. The romance abounds in these novels, and had me weak at the knees!
kim: Love, love, love! her books. Lords of the Underworld is one of my most favorite series! I love this spin off as well… I truly am such a fan that when a new book in the series comes out I reread all the others so that I don’t forget anything!
Arianna: Absolutely in LOVE with her Lords of the Underworld series.
Chrissy: I have really enjoyed the Lords Of The Underworld series as well and would recommend it if someone hasn’t already.
As per the author’s website:
Long ago, twelve immortals warriors – each more dangerously seductive than the last — stole and opened Pandora’s box, unleashing the evil from within. Now they carry that evil within themselves. Violence, Pain, Death, Disease, Disaster, Misery, Doubt, Promiscuity, Defeat, Lies, Secrets, and Wrath. When a powerful enemy returns, they will travel the world in search of a sacred relic of the gods – one that threatens to destroy them all.
SERIES READING ORDER:
- The Darkest Fire (This book is a prequel in the Lords of the Underworld Series)
- The Darkest Night (book #1) – my book review
- The Darkest Kiss (book #2) – my book review
- The Darkest Pleasure (book #3) – my book review
- The Darkest Prison (short story)
- The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld)
- “The Darkest Angel” as found in the Heart of Darkness Anthology (NOTE: Will also be coming out as it’s own novella The Darkest Angel (Lords of the Underworld) in April 2016)
- The Darkest Passion (Hqn)
- The Darkest Lie (Hqn)
- The Darkest Secret (Hqn) (Amun’s book)
- The Darkest Surrender (Lords of the Underworld) (Strider’s book)
- The Darkest Seduction (Hqn) (Paris’s book)
- The Darkest Craving (Lords of the Underworld) (Kane’s book)
- The Darkest Touch (Lords of the Underworld)
- The Darkest Torment (Lords of the Underworld) - May 31st 2016 <— A note from the author about why she picked Baden as her next:
“When I sat down to write the next Lords of the Underworld book, I had some hard choices to make. Did I tell Cameo’s story, the Lord readers most wanted, even though I hadn’t set up the final threads for her plot? Did I tell William’s story, a non-Lord but also a reader favorite, even though I hadn’t set up his plot line at all? Or, did I tell Baden’s story, the character the readers knew the least about? In the end, I had to go with the story I was most excited to tell, and the moment, the very second, Baden’s dilemma and heroine came to me, I gasped. I shivered. I paced with anticipation, scenes already rolling through my head. Writing his book became a need, an undeniable passion and it’s my hope that passion shines through every word. Because, you get more than a story when you read The Darkest Torment. You get a little piece of my heart.”
ALSO: The Darkest Facts: A Lords of the Underworld Companion by Gena Showalter
A fan of Gena’s? Check out my post entitled “A Book Signing with Gena Showalter“