HAPPY TUESDAY NEW RELEASE DAY!! It’s time to build our mega list for the week, but I’m still working on it so keep checking back as this list will grow BIG TIME. Also… Kristen Ashley’s latest is LIVE!! Need I say more? 😉
MY BLURB JOLTS!! Smolder (Anita Blake) (OMG she’s marrying Jean-Claude??? He was my FAVORITE of that entire series and I was so bummed he was put to the side after so many books… and now he’s back?? YES PLEASE!!) Hidden (once a foster girl, she inherits an old house and finds a vampire inside!!), The Girl in the Woods (Kristen Ashley’s latest! FBI agent trying to catch a serial killer, and she wants to help him…), Just a Little Hookup (she bids on her crush!! 😉 ) The Only Game in Town (wealthy benefactor dies but has a game for people in his town, that he paired together, to try and win his estate!!), Jane & Edward: A Modern Reimagining of Jane Eyre (struggling to get by, and she gets a job for a renown awful boss)
Don’t forget to check out:
- Kristen Ashley’s latest “The Girl in the Woods (Misted Pines Series Book 2)” is LIVE!! FBI Agent hunting a serial killer, and she wants to help him… <— today’s newsletter sponsor!! 😀
- Abby Jimenez – The Friend Zone Series Reading Order <— a fun series that many here loved!
- Meghan Quinn – The Vancouver Agitators Series Reading Order <— the latest release is #1 on all of Amazon Kindle right now!!!
- Monday Early Bird Book Releases – 03-20-2023 <— Yesterday’s including one from Karina Halle!!
READER RECOMMENDATIONS & BARGAIN FINDS:
➔➔ Kindle Unlimited <— 30 day FREE TRIAL!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP <— 30 day FREE TRIAL!
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER 😀 <— 30 day FREE TRIAL!
- His & Hers: A Grumpy Sunshine Romance Collection by Winter Renshaw <— SUPER-BARGAIN BOOK BUNDLE!! “…These angsty, addictive standalones will keep you reading late into the night. Don’t miss out on the chance to own this limited-edition grumpy sunshine, opposites-attract, enemies-to-lovers collection!”INCLUDED IN THIS BOX SET:
- 1. Stone Cold
4. Hate the Game
5. Whiskey Moon
6. The Best Man
7. Enemy Dearest..”
- Dangerous As Sin: An Antihero Romance Collection <— SUPER-BARGAIN ANTHOLOGY!! “...Dangerous as Sin is a box set of twenty brand-new and exclusive novellas, taking us on an adventure of falling for the anti-hero, one stuttering breath at a time. Grab this limited-edition collection before it’s gone forever!“
- Bound by Vows: An Arranged Marriage Mafia Box Set (The Mafia Wives Book 1-4) by Ivy Davis <— BOOK BUNDLE!! “…Bound by Vows is a steamy, sizzling, and passionate FOUR book box set, ready to whet your appetite for sexy mafia men! This box set is the entire Mafia Wives series, so if you haven’t had the chance to read any of them yet, now you can read all four books in one go!”
- Advertising for Love: Complete Box Set by Victoria Michaels <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!! “…Advertising for Love by number one best-selling author Victoria Michaels is a complete five book thriller series with prequel. Full of mystery, romance, and complex characters you will love. Ideal for fans of James Patterson, Nicholas Sparks, Colleen Hoover, and Willow Rose. This page turning story will suck you in until the final page…”
- Beautiful: A Novel by Danielle Steel <— SUPER-SALE & I WANT TO READ THIS SO BAD!! FAMOUS MODEL RAVAGED BY AN EXPLOSION “…The beloved daughter of a hardworking single mother, she has always preferred spending time at home or with her kindhearted boyfriend to attending lavish parties. When a quick getaway presents a welcome break on the heels of Paris Fashion Week, and before a Vogue cover shoot in Tokyo, Veronique is thrilled, eager to escape the mayhem of her busy schedule. Then, out of nowhere, a tragic explosion at Zaventem Airport in Brussels changes her life forever. The ruthless terrorist attack has the entire world on edge. Veronique finds herself hospitalized and alone, devastated to learn that the blast has killed both of the people she loved most. She is also forced to confront the harsh reality that she has been severely injured, her famous appearance forever altered…”
PARANORMAL/FANTASY/SCI-FI/DYSTOPIAN NEW RELEASES:
- Smolder (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Book 29) by Laurell K. Hamilton <— LATEST ANITA BLAKE BOOK! OMG I HAD NO IDEA OF THAT FIRST LINE & I’M SO EXCITED!! —> “…Anita Blake is engaged to Jean-Claude, the new vampire king of America. Humans think she’s gone over to the side of the monsters. The vampires fear that their new king has fallen under the spell of the most powerful necromancer in a thousand years. In the midst of wedding preparations—including getting Edward, aka U.S. Marshal Ted Forrester, fitted as best man—Anita gets a call that the local police need her expertise at a brutal murder scene linked to a nationwide slaughter of vampires and humans, dubbed the Sunshine Murders. But there is more than just a murderer to catch: an ancient evil has arrived in St. Louis to challenge Jean-Claude for his crown, his life, Anita, and all they hold dear…”
- Devour Me (Vampire Wardens/Werewolf Society Book 4) by Lisa Renee Jones
- Wildwood in Winter (Brotherhood of Blood – Wildwood Book 3) by Bianca D’Arc
- The Unbound Witch (Unmarked Book 2) by Miranda Lyn
- Shadowcraft Academy: Cursed: A Dark Academy Paranormal Romance by Yve Vale
- Yearning For Her by Tiffany Roberts
- Mist Dragon (Dragon Prophecy Book 1) by Minerva Howe
- Bones of the Lich King by Megan Derr <— M/M ROMANCE!
- The Witch and the Wolf (Immortal Wolf Shifters Book 2) by Nikita Slater
- Creature Comforts: A Dark Fantasy Romance (Demigod Monsters of Protheka Book 1) by Celeste King
- Hidden: A totally addictive vampire romance novel (Vampires of Marchwood Book 1) by Shalini Boland <— SHE INHERITS A HOUSE WITH A SECRET… “…On my seventeenth birthday, I inherited an old mansion and wealth beyond my wildest dreams. I thought it was a joke, but as I step through the creaking door of the sprawling building, I realise my life in foster care is in the past. I’ve been chosen and my world has changed forever. But I wasn’t told that Marchwood House hides a secret. As I explore every inch of the crumbling property, I stumble upon a set of large, dusty boxes in the basement. When I pull back the lid and look down, I find myself staring at the most handsome face I’ve ever seen…”
- Taken: A completely gripping paranormal vampire romance (Vampires of Marchwood Book 2) by Shalini Boland
- Hunted: A page-turning dark fantasy romance (Vampires of Marchwood Book 3) by Shalini Boland
- Cauldrons Call: A Witchy Paranormal Romance (The Curse of the Blood Moon Book 2) by Kristen Proby <— KRISTEN PROBY’S LATEST!! FRIENDS FOREVER BUT SHE THINKS HE’S OBLIVIOUS THAT SHE’S IN LOVE WITH HIM… “…Giles isn’t as oblivious as Breena thinks he is. A powerful witch, he’s spent most of his life hiding his true feelings from her, but he can’t ignore the fact that she’s hurting and plagued by the same nightmares that haunt him every night. So, getting her to move in with him so he can do just that seems like simple common sense. The hard part will be resisting the way Breena makes him feel. But evil has invaded their world, and it has the power to kill every witch in Salem...”
CONTEMPORARY NEW RELEASES:
- The Girl in the Woods (Misted Pines Series Book 2) by Kristen Ashley <— KRISTEN ASHLEY’S LATEST!! FBI AGENT HUNTING FOR A SERIAL KILLER!! “…Misted Pines has recently survived a killer’s rampage and a town scandal that made global news. The media was primed to devour a new story. So Rus already has his work cut out for him. But it’s more. Something is just not right with this latest victim. As Rus works with the local sheriff to unravel the mystery, the victim’s employer, Lucinda Bonner, decides she’s going to do everything she can to help...”
- A Hero in Hiding (Vexing Villains Book 2) by Alice Winters
- Restaurant on the Wharf (Blue Heron Cottages Book 4) by Kay Correll
- UTAH (Iron Horse Legacy Book 9) by ELLE JAMES
- Just a Little Hookup (A Dare Crossover Novel Book 1) by Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde <— SHE BIDS ON HIM!! “…Jessica Cavanaugh never intended to bid on the man she’s had a lifetime crush on. But her spur-of-the-moment decision gives her a chance to exact a bit of playful payback, for old time’s sake. And Derek is all too happy to indulge Jessica’s whims. What starts as a fun, flirty, game, with Derek acting as her personal handyman, quickly turns into a steamy and forbidden weekend...”
- Ski Patrol by Lucy Lennox
- Dead Cold (Cold Case Psychic Book 21) by Pandora Pine <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Queen Vs Queen: She Meets Her Match by Anne Hagan & Barbara Winkes & Alysia D. Evans <— F/F ROMANCE
- Dante’s Decision (Heroes for Hire Book 28) by Dale Mayer
- In Isabeau’s Eyes (Kentucky Nights Book 1) by Lora Leigh <— SOMEONE WANTS HER DEAD!! P.S. THIS IS MY NIECE’S NAME!! ❤️ “…Danger is stalking Isabeau Boudreaux. After the deaths of her parents ten years ago during a violent attack that left her blind, remnants of her vision are returning. But a series of accidents has convinced her friends the Mackays of Somerset, Kentucky, that someone wants her dead. When a roadside blowout proves to be almost fatal for Isabeau and her good friend Angel, Angel’s brother mercenary Tracker Calloway knows this was no accident...”
- Done Being Single: A Late Bloomer’s Guide to Love by Treva Brandon Scharf
- Beach View Lane (Crown Island Book 1) by Jan Moran
- A Novel Proposal by Denise Hunter
- Finn Rhodes Forever: A Small Town Second Chance Romance by Stephanie Archer <— SHE DATES THE FIREFIGHTER SO HE’LL DUMP HER AND LEAVE HER ALONE! “…We were inseparable as kids until everything changed. Now, he’s all grown up—tattooed, muscled, and unfairly hot… and insists we’re meant to be together. I know he’ll grow bored of me and this small town like before, but he’ll never give up unless it’s his idea. I’ll pretend to date him, but actually? I’m trying to get him to dump me. Between hiking the back country and cringe-worthy dates designed to turn him off, I begin to remember why we were best friends...”
- Mr. West and the Widow (The Brazen Beauties Book 3) by Sophie Barnes <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!
- Enchanting the Innkeeper: Sweet Historical Western (Love in Apple Blossom Book 5) by Kit Morgan <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!
- Never a Duchess (Scandal Sheet Survivors Book 3) by Adele Clee <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!
- Hard Hit : A St. Louis Mavericks Hockey Romance by Brenda Rothert and Kat Mizera <— THE HOCKEY STAR & THE RUNAWAY BRIDE! “…After escaping marriage to a man who made me feel like I was never enough, I plan to focus entirely on completing my dissertation. Science has never let me down—I can avoid emotional entanglements by focusing on cold, hard data. But when I’m powerfully drawn to a man who is warm and, okay, I’ll admit it—also hard—all bets are off. Mr. Right Now is exactly what I need, until both of us find ourselves wanting the one thing we can’t have—more…“
- The Wedding at Moonglow Bay: A Novel (Moonglow Cove Book 4) by Lori Wilde
- Locked in Love and Mary’s to Blame: A Pride and Prejudice Variation (Pride and Prejudice Variations) by Bella Breen
- Cyber (A Steele Riders MC Book 12) by C.M. Steele
- Fearless Enough (Love in Montana Book 1) by Kelly Elliott <— SHE HAS TO INTERVIEW HIM!! “...Georgiana Crenshaw is chasing a career as a sports reporter and has something to prove to the top dogs at the network where she works. She hasn’t made it this far simply because of who her father is. Georgiana has succeeded solely due to hard work and determination. She dives in when given a chance to show she has what it takes to get the promotion she desperately wants. Told it will be the interview of a lifetime, Georgiana shows up at the airport with a go-get-’em attitude. Only when her father tells her who she’ll be interviewing does she have a moment of doubt...”
- Searching the Harbor (Bar Harbor Book 2) by Sage Parker
- Here To Stay (An Atlantic City Bed & Breakfast Romance Book 3) by Grace Meyers
- Sweet Sinner (Necklace Series Book 5) by Lisa Renee Jones
- Sneak Attack (Nashville Steel Book 1) by Stacey Lynn <— FOOTBALL STAR SINGLE DAD & HIS SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE!! “...I might have made it as an NFL quarterback, but I was still me– still living in my hometown north of Nashville and tackling being a single dad. The media assumed I wore a halo beneath my helmet, but they didn’t know my tragic past. I was no angel. Because the only woman I ever truly loved was the girl who stole my heart when it was committed to another, and I never recovered from the mess we created...”
- Sunset Weddings (Orcas Island Book 4) by Amelia Addler
- Heart of Gold: Tyler’s Revenge (SEAL Brotherhood: Legacy Book 7) by Sharon Hamilton
- Protected (Holt Agency Book 3) by Becca Jameson
- The Only Game in Town by Lacie Waldon <— ECCENTRIC WEALTHY BENEFACTOR HAS A GAME PLANNED WHEN HE DIES… “…At the funeral, it’s revealed that Jasper has devised a massive, high-stakes game for the people of Redford, with the winning duo taking home his entire fortune. The catch? He’s already taken the liberty of pairing them up. As tensions of all kinds rise between Jess and Carter, and the life-changing prize looms closer, the two must decide what they’re willing to risk to change their lives…”
- Out in the Surf: MM College Romance (Out in College Book 10) by Lane Hayes
- Last Call at the Doghouse (Mystic Springs Book 5) by Linda Winstead Jones
- Roping the Wind (The Turner Brothers Book 1) by Kate Pearce
- The Puck Bunny: a Hockey Rom-Com (Some Girls like it Cold) by Stephanie Queen <— THE PUCK BUNNY & THE HOCKEY STAR!! “…I was a f**ing NHL super star in L.A.. My life was perfectly scripted with fame, fortune and all kinds of women throwing themselves at me. But a hushed up incident with a certain princess caused me to miss seeing my dad on his death bed. Now my family is pissed at me. And I need to deal with them–and the loss of my dad. So I signed with the Brawlers, uprooted from L.A. to come back east and return to my roots. Between hockey and dealing with the need to square things with my family and get real about relationships, I have plenty to concentrate on. So why do I find Sara, the awkward little puck bunny and big f-ing distraction, so irresistible?”
- The Protected Secret (Griffin Security & Protection Book 2) by Aria Ray and Sarina Hart
- Married to the Wolfe (Part Two): An Arranged Marriage Mafia Romance by Sage Alexander <— MUST BE READ IN ORDER!
- Infamous: A Novel by Lex Croucher <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!! SHE HAS COMPLICATED FEELINGS FOR HER BEST GIRL FRIEND & SHE’S BEEN INVITED TO AN ESTATE BY A MAN SHE MET… “…the pure hedonism and debauchery that ensues isn’t exactly what she had in mind, and Eddie soon finds herself torn between her complicated feelings for Rose and her equally complicated dynamic with Nash, whose increasingly bad behavior doesn’t match up to her vision for her literary hero...”
- Ariel’s Duke by Loni Ree
- Protecting His Second Chance (Cowboys of Second Chances Security Book 2) by Rhonda Lee Carver
- The Other Half (Lost And Found Book 3) by Annelise Devereaux
- Too Soon for Adiós by Annette Chavez Macias <— HER ESTRANGED FATHER WANTS TO GIVE HER THE HOUSE… “…Gabby doesn’t want the house—or him. But she could use the money. So Gabby agrees to take it under two conditions: First, she can sell the house whenever she wants. Second, accepting it doesn’t mean she accepts him. After they strike a deal, Gabby hires a contractor in preparation for a quick sale. But as she gets to know the town and these two new men in her life, she learns more about herself than she ever dared to think possible...”
- After the Shadows (Secrets of Sweetwater Crossing Book #1) by Amanda Cabot <— HISTORICAL!!
- Love, Lilly: A Sweet & Clean Friends To Lovers Romantic Comedy (Love Always Book 1) by Belinda Mary
- Jane & Edward: A Modern Reimagining of Jane Eyre by Melodie Edwards <— STRUGGLING TO GET BY, SHE GETS A JOB FOR A NOTORIOUSLY DIFFICULT BOSS… “…A former foster kid, Jane has led a solitary life as a waitress in the suburbs, working hard to get by. Tired of years of barely scraping together a living, Jane takes classes to become a legal assistant and shortly after graduating accepts a job offer at a distinguished law firm in downtown Toronto. Everyone at the firm thinks she is destined for failure because her boss is the notoriously difficult Edward Rosen, the majority stakeholder of Rosen, Haythe & Thornfield LLP. But Jane has known far worse trials and refuses to back down when economic freedom is so close at hand...”
- Body Shot (Last Shot) by Kelly Jamieson
- Hot Shot (Last Shot) by Kelly Jamieson
- Sight Unseen by Kasha Thompson <— ADVENTUROUS GIRL & PLAY-IT-SAFE GUY ARE ON AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE TV SHOW! “…After the “I dos” comes the getting to know one another. Living together, meeting the family, and revealing secrets all while cameras follow their every move. Evelyn and Quincy can’t deny their chemistry, but can they get past the spectacle of the ever-present cameras and crew to find something real? A chance at love is better odds than nothing, even if that means falling in love while the whole world is watching...”
- Ellie Is Cool Now by Victoria Fulton and Faith McClaren <— SHE USED TO NOT BE COOL & HAS TO GO TO HER REUNION… “…TV writer Ellie Jenkins worked her butt off to put her nerdy, outcast teen years behind her. So there’s a certain delicious irony in that she works for a hit show about popular high school kids when she was So. Not. Cool. And now she’s been offered the promotion of a lifetime—if she attends her reunion. But Ellie’s memory of High School Hell isn’t nearly as traumatic as the reality . . .”
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER (one month free trial) 😀
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Girl in the Woods (Misted Pines Series Book 2) by Kristen Ashley
- In Isabeau’s Eyes (Kentucky Nights Book 1) by Lora Leigh
- Cauldrons Call: A Witchy Paranormal Romance (The Curse of the Blood Moon Book 2) by Kristen Proby
- Dante’s Decision (Heroes for Hire Book 28) by Dale Mayer
- A Novel Proposal by Denise Hunter
- The Wedding at Moonglow Bay: A Novel (Moonglow Cove Book 4) by Lori Wilde
- The Only Game in Town by Lacie Waldon
- Too Soon for Adiós by Annette Chavez Macias
- Smolder (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Book 29) by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Hidden: A totally addictive vampire romance novel (Vampires of Marchwood Book 1) by Shalini Boland
- After the Shadows (Secrets of Sweetwater Crossing Book #1) by Amanda Cabot
- Infamous: A Novel by Lex Croucher
- Jane & Edward: A Modern Reimagining of Jane Eyre by Melodie Edwards
- Ellie Is Cool Now by Victoria Fulton and Faith McClaren
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Brutal Billionaire : A Standalone Novel (Brutal Billionaires Book 1) by Laurelin Paige – March 23, 2023
- In Their Hearts (Their Captive Bride Book 3) by Julia Sykes – March 23, 2023
- Struan (Guards of Clan Ross Book 3) by Hildie McQueen – March 24, 2023
- Boss in the Spotlight: A billionaire boss romance by Janie Grey – March 24, 2023
- Declan: A Reverse Age Gap, Single-Parent Romance by Laramie Briscoe – March 24, 2023
- Edge of Trust (Arrow’s Edge MC Book 6) by Freya Barker – March 27, 2023
- Shattered Spells: A Wild Hunt Adventure (Night Queen Book 2) by Yasmine Galenorn – March 27, 2023
- Chance (Steel Brothers Saga Book 25) by Helen Hardt – March 28, 2023
- The Bachelor (The Dalton Family Book 5) by Marni Mann – March 28, 2023
- So Close (Blacklist Book 1) by Sylvia Day – March 28, 2023
- Forever (Lair of the Wolven, The Book 2) by J.R. Ward – March 28, 2023
- The Gargoyle’s Captive (A Deal With A Demon Book 3) by Katee Robert – March 28, 2023
- Thirty Day Roommate (Thirty Days To Love Book 3) by J. S. Cooper – March 28, 2023
- Cruel King by K.A. Linde – March 28, 2023
- Break the Ice: A Brother’s Best Friend Sports Romance (Lakeshore U) by L A Cotton – March 28, 2023
- Alpha (Stope Packs Book 2) by Rebecca Zanetti – March 28, 2023
- Glory and the Master of Shadows (Lady Charlotte’s Society of Angels Book 4) by Grace Callaway – March 28, 2023
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being: A Novel by Milan Kundera – March 28, 2023
- Hopelessly Devoted (Rockers’ Legacy Book 9) by Terri Anne Browning – March 28, 2023
- The Scandalous Ladies of London: The Countess by Sophie Jordan – March 28, 2023
- One More Chance (Band on the Run Book 4) by Samantha Chase – March 28, 2023
- A Spinster’s Guide to Danger and Dukes (Ladies Most Scandalous Book 3) by Manda Collins – March 28, 2023
- Hotel of Secrets: A Novel by Diana Biller – March 28, 2023
- Yours Truly, The Duke: Say I Do by Amelia Grey – March 28, 2023
- Bad Mother by Mia Sheridan – March 28, 2023
- The Earl Next Door (Noble Charades Book 1) by Ashtyn Newbold – March 28, 2023
- The Build Up by Tati Richardson – March 28, 2023
- Over the Moon (Fated Mates Book 13) by Rochelle Paige – March 28, 2023
- Max Wilde’s Cowboy Heart: A Wyoming Wilde Novel by Jennifer Ryan – March 28, 2023
- I’d Really Prefer Not to Be Here with You, and Other Stories by Julianna Baggott – March 28, 2023
- Why You Should Never Kiss Your Ex by Erin Nicholas – March 28, 2023
- Why You Should Never Kiss Your Enemy by Erin Nicholas – March 28, 2023
- Why You Should Never Kiss Your Brother’s Best Friend by Erin Nicholas – March 28, 2023
- Why You Should Never Kiss Your Roommate by Erin Nicholas – March 28, 2023
- Why You Should Never Kiss Your Best Friend by Erin Nicholas – March 28, 2023
- Groundball (Vegas Heat: The Expansion Team Book 4) by Lisa Suzanne – March 30, 2023
- Whiskey and Willow (The Hamiltons Book 8) by SJ McCoy – March 31, 2023
➔➔➔ Looking for more book releases? Check out the upcoming new releases here or check out the latest new releases here.
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!
Maryse!!! You got me hooked on Alone. I just watched the S1 ep where Lucas makes the guitar! 😆 I have to stay up late to complete a steriod treatment for my never-ending back pain and this show is getting me through. 🙌
YAY!!!! I’m so glad. I’m on season 4 and I’ll say so far, season 3 rocked my world!!!!! Wait until you see how creative some can be…
Lucas is mentioned quite a few times in season 3 and his creativity. 😉
P.S. Oh noooooo on the back pain!!! Do you know what’s causing it? I hope it gets better soon.
I don’t know yet. The steroids I got yesterday don’t seem to be working which is worrisome. I’m trying to get an MRI scheduled and then I’ll know more. It’s insane. I can’t sit or stand comfortably and I’m pretty sure my husband is ready to murder me. 😬😆
Ahhhhhhh that’s terrible. I’ve only had it one time where I put my back out, and for 2 days I had to take off of work and roll on and off my bed if I needed to pee. I didn’t eat, I didn’t shower… I just laid in bed.
It eventually resolved itself without having to go to a doctor.
I hope you find yours out soon. How long have you been in pain?
It’s been going on for 2 months but it escalated about 3 weeks ago. I’m going the opposite direction for sure.
How are you feeling today, R? Is the steroid treatment starting to kick in?
It doesn’t seem to be working. 😕 I had an MRI Wednesday so hopefully that will tell me something. For now, I’m planted on my new vibrating/massaging/heating chair cushion (god bless Amazon) in front of Alone where I plan to stay until my Tuesday follow-up. 😆😵 Thank you for checking on me!
Back pain is the worst. My mom gets it bad enough every few years that she can’t even sit up or stand at all. Hunched over (and she’s been getting those backaches since I was little). Sometimes she ends up at the hospital just to get relief.
Once you can stand it, you should get an awesome massage.
The MRI didn’t show anything, but it does appear the gabapentin may be working on my sciatica (if that’s what it was). Now the pain is focused in my lower back at the base of my spine, and my legs constantly ache. It’s so weird because every day its something new that’s equally painful. I’m scheduled for an injection on Friday, but I’m not super confident. For now, I’m doing whole30 (I swear by that to cure multiple things), treadmilling as much as my body allows, and doing my own PT 3x a week. I’m determined to make it to Greece dang it! 😬🤞😫
It’s all connected… so I bet that pain moves.
Gabapentin appears to be good for all sorts of pain. One of my relatives takes it for numbness in her hands and feet (diabetes).
I really need to do the whole30 (but my issue is dairy. Cheese is always in my food (mostly Feta and cottage cheese and mozzarella balls) but GAH!!! What will I do without my cheeses?
Hey if I can give up wine for a month, I know you can give up cheese! That’s the thing about it. If something you give up doesn’t affect you negatively, you can go right back to it when it’s over. I try to eat w30 most of the time but soy and legumes don’t bother me so I still eat those when I’m not “hardcore” (though sparingly because of carbs). Dairy does bother me, but you better believe I’m putting heavy cream in my coffee on the non hardcore days too.
Wait should I skip S2 and go right to S3?
Nope! Each season gets better and better. And there are even more seasons after 4. And then “All-star” competitions, and crazy ones in Alaska. I can’t wait to watch ’em all.
Also… I’m on season 5 now, and what’s fun is that it’s a “redemption” season and has only people from the past 4 seasons that were taken out of their initial season (or tapped out). So it’s fun to see them try again, and remember what they did wrong the first time around…
And try and fix that this time. And this time, they’re in Mongolia!!!
I’m still on S2 and so frustrated with the ones who practically create a wilderness resort, then tap out! 😒
That guy in the hat. I can’t remember his name, but he was LOVING life. Made everything so cool. Had plenty of food… and then. Grrrrr. WHAT???
What I wish is that the show would leave all of the cabins and fireplaces standing after the contestants leave. I get the whole “leave nature as untouched as when you arrived” but some of those structures are truly incredible. Imagine being a hiker or someone who’s lost, even, to come across a cabin like that??
They could use it!!
I wonder if Alone has a museum of sorts, that houses the canoes and traps and stuff the contestants end up making?
Maybe I read too many “stranded” books. LOL!! 😂
I agree! I was telling my husband, they should send a crew in to “tighten” them up and rent them as airbnbs for charity! Of course the bears may be a liability…
We finished S2 yesterday. Can’t wait to start on 3!
#3 is my absolute favorite so far, and I think #5 might be a favorite also (wait until you see one of the fireplaces/chimneys in #5!!). #4 is good too (and will be a surprise – a bit different 😉 ) but that’s all I can say for that one – not my absolute favorite but culminates well into #5.
I’m still not done #5.
🎵 This is my two-note soooooooong 🎶
I was dying. 😆 And laughing hurts! Starting S2 today.