BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! It looks like most of her books are ON SALE today!! I paid almost $13 for The Nightingale just a couple of weeks ago, and it’s on sale right now. :D!!!
I FELL HARD for this author’s latest release “The Nightingale” (<— my review). I’ve always known that she’s HUGE in our reading world, but I had never experienced her awesomeness for myself. Until a few weeks ago. I am HOOKED on her writing. So I searched my recommendations and OMG this author comes up a TON. How could I possibly resist reading every single thing she’s ever written, after reading these adamant recommendations!
Sally: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ladies you MUST read Nightingale by Kristin Hannah!!!! If you loved The Bronze Horseman there is NO WAY you won’t love this book too. If you want an EPIC read TRUST ME this is the book. It’s the book that makes you go back IMMEDIATELY to read that first chapter again when you have finished. I was a blubbering mess at the end… SO good! I am not even going to bother trying to find my next read like I usually do when I finish a book , I KNOW there is just no use……….
Jessica: Kristin Hannah is hands down one of my very favorite authors of all times I have 5 starred every book she has written.
Jennifer: Home Front by Kristin Hannah. OMG I cried for 4 hours straight. My eyes were a wreck the next day. I’m sooo glad my husband and son weren’t home. They would have laughed their butts off. jerks.
Gina: I have to give a little to Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah also because it’s the book that got me back into reading as an adult.
Shannon: Last book that made me cry was Firefly Lane!!! Cried and cried!!!!
Sheri: OMG…I totally forgot about Firefly Lane. That book had me bawling like a baby.
Erin: If you want a book that will make you bawl read “Night Road” by Kristin Hannah. Omg!!!! This one hits all the fear and pain when you are a parent. So so so good. I also just read “Home Front” by Kristin Hannah. Also made me cry but not quite as good as the night road.
Julie: It’s hard to choose my all time favorite book this year! I would have to say “Night Road” by Kristin Hannah.
Theresa: Firefly Lane – by Kristin Hannah. I have a terrible habit of occasionally reading ahead…which I did with this book. I found a part that made me cry like a baby and then I was so mad at the book I put it down for a couple of weeks. My BFF and reading buddy, kept telling me to finish it, so finally I picked it up again and I did finish it, but even knowing what was coming I still cried like a baby, twice more before I was done with the book.
Jennifer D: Just finished The Nightingale ……maybe the BEST story I have ever read. WOW.
Rose: Kristin Hannah is really good
WHOA. I am in for HUGE emotion and I just HAD to look up these books… read the blurbs and see which ones I wanted to read first. And and of course, make a list. ‘Cause you know me and lists. I love ’em!! It’s my other method of “collecting books”.
So I’m sharing the obvious awesomeness that is Kristin Hannah. Have you seen the reviews??!
- The Nightingale <— WWII story, but this one’s about two women attempting to survive in the chaos and devastation of a war torn world. (my 5-star review) “The Nightingale tells the stories of two sisters, separated by years and experience, by ideals, passion and circumstance, each embarking on her own dangerous path toward survival, love, and freedom in German-occupied, war-torn France…”
- Firefly Lane <— TEAR-JERKER BEST FRIENDS! I have this one, too! Time for me to read it. 😀 About two best friends that meet when they were young (neighbors) and it spans their lives… “For thirty years, Tully and Kate buoy each other through life, weathering the storms of friendship—jealousy, anger, hurt, resentment. They think they’ve survived it all until a single act of betrayal tears them apart . . . and puts their courage and friendship to the ultimate test.” This one is a tearjerker, if we go by the recommendations above!
- Fly Away <— MOTHERS, DAUGHTERS, BEST FRIENDS! BUT!!! DON’T READ THE BLURB FOR THIS ONE IF YOU HAVEN’T READ “FIREFLY LANE” (above) YET!!! OMG I already want to cry reading this blurb. “An emotionally complex, heart-wrenching novel about love, motherhood, loss, and new beginnings, Fly Away reminds us that where there is life, there is hope, and where there is love, there is forgiveness.“
- Night Road <— A MOTHER WORRIES ABOUT & PUTS HER TEENS FIRST BUT… “On a hot summer’s night her worst fears come true. One decision will change the course of their lives. In the blink of an eye, the Farraday family will be torn apart and Lexi will lose everything. In the years that follow, each must face the consequences of that single night and find a way to forget…or the courage to forgive.“
- Home Front: A Novel <— MARRIAGE ISSUES & THEN SHE GETS DEPLOYED… “Like many couples, Michael and Jolene Zarkades have to face the pressures of everyday life—children, careers, bills, chores—even as their twelve-year marriage is falling apart. Then an unexpected deployment sends Jolene deep into harm’s way and leaves defense attorney Michael at home, unaccustomed to being a single parent to their two girls…”
- True Colors <— THREE VERY DIFFERENT BUT TIGHT-KNIT SISTERS… YET… “In a matter of moments, everything will change. The Grey sisters will be pitted against one another in ways that none could have imagined. Loyalties will be tested and secrets revealed, and a terrible, shocking crime will shatter both their family and their beloved town.”
- Between Sisters <— ESTRANGED SISTERS, SELF ABSORBED MOM & THE MEN THEY LOVE… “It is the first time they have been together in more than two decades. Over the course of a hot Pacific Northwest summer, these three women who believe they have nothing in common will try to become what they never were: a family.“
- Distant Shores: A Novel <— MARRIAGE ALREADY IN TROUBLE AND… “When Jack accepts a wonderful new job, Elizabeth puts her own needs aside to follow him across the country. Then tragedy turns Elizabeth’s world upside down. In the aftermath, she questions everything about her life…“
- Summer Island <— ESTRANGED CELEBRITY MOTHER & DAUGHTER… “Nora is injured in an accident and a glossy magazine offers Ruby a fortune to write a tell-all about her mother. Under false pretenses, Ruby returns home to take care of the woman she hasn’t spoken to for almost a decade. Nora insists they retreat to Summer Island in the San Juans, to the lovely old house on the water where Ruby grew up, a place filled with childhood memories of love and joy and belonging. There Ruby is also reunited with her first love and his brother. Once, the three of them had been best friends, inseparable. Until the summer that Nora had left and everyone’s hearts had been broken. . . .“
- Magic Hour: A Novel <— A YOUNG HOMELESS CHILD AND A PSYCHIATRIST… “Speechless and alone, she offers no clue as to her identity, no hint of her past. Having retreated to her western Washington hometown after a scandal left her career in ruins, child psychiatrist Dr. Julia Cates is determined to free the extraordinary little girl she calls Alice from a prison of unimaginable fear and isolation…“
- Comfort & Joy: A Novel <— DIVORCED, SHE WALKS AWAY FROM HER OLD LIFE, AND MEETS A SAD FATHER & SON… “…when the little boy meets Joy, these two unlikely souls form a deep and powerful bond. In helping Bobby and Daniel heal, Joy finds herself again. But not everything is as it seems in quiet Rain Valley, and in an instant, Joy’s world is ripped apart, and her heart is broken.“
- Home Again: A Novel <— A HEART SURGEON, HER REBELLIOUS DAUGHTER, A PRIEST & HIS BAD BOY BROTHER… “… Years earlier Angel abandoned Madelaine—and fatherhood—to go in search of fame and fortune. His departure left Madelaine devastated, but now he reappears and seeks help from the very people he betrayed—as a patient in dire need.“
- The Things We Do for Love: A Novel <— DIVORCED WOMAN BEFRIENDS TROUBLED TEEN… “Angie hires Lauren Ribido because she sees something special in the seventeen-year-old. They quickly form a deep bond, and when Lauren is abandoned by her mother, Angie offers the girl a place to stay. But nothing could have prepared Angie for the far-reaching repercussions of this act of kindness. Together, these two women—one who longs for a child and the other who longs for a mother’s love—will be tested in ways that neither could have imagined.“
- Winter Garden <— TWO VERY DIFFERENT SISTERS & THEIR COLD & DISTANT MOTHER… “Alternating between the past and present, Meredith and Nina will finally hear the singular, harrowing story of their mother’s life, and what they learn is a secret so terrible and terrifying that it will shake the very foundation of their family and change who they believe they are.“
- Angel Falls: A Novel <— WIFE IN A COMA, & HUSBAND DISCOVERS HER SECRET… “Daily he sits at her bedside, telling her stories of the precious life they have built together, hoping against hope that she will wake up. But then he discovers evidence of his wife’s secret past: a hidden first marriage to movie star Julian True.”
- On Mystic Lake (Ballantine Reader’s Circle) <— RECENTLY DIVORCED & FEELS LIKE SHE’S LOST… “she is reunited with her first love, Nick Delacroix, a recent widower unable to cope with his grieving, too-silent six-year-old daughter, Izzie. Together, the three of them begin to heal, and, at last, Annie learns that she can love without losing herself. But just when she has found a second chance at happiness, her life is turned upside down again, and Annie must make a choice no woman should have to make. . . .“
➔➔➔ Love this author? Browse more Kristin Hannah here features and reviews on my blog. 😀