A little about Aimee? She has been with us since 2013 and while she’s one of our more “quiet” reading-buddies, she jumps in every now and again, and has mentioned a few of her favorites in the past.
“My poor family were abandoned on the day I read ‘The Sweet Gum Tree’ by Katherine Allred and also ‘The Education of Caroline’ and ‘The Education of Sebastian’ by Jane Harvey Berrick. Absolutely fab reads!”
Already some awesome suggestions in her past comments (I agree!). I wonder if they’ll be listed below…. 😉
My top reads
- The Education of Sebastian (The Education Series #1) (The Education of…) by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— Absolutely feel in love with these characters. Even if the age difference was taboo was I definitely rooting for this couple.
- The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred <— Such an epic read. It was a beautiful story.
- What Price Paradise by Katherine Allred <— I love stories where the heroine doesn’t think much of herself and can’t see her worth. To watch her story evolve kept me reading this in one go!
- Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain Series Book 2) by Kristen Ashley <— I literally couldn’t put this one down when I started. This was my first biker book and is still my favourite.
- Play It Safe by Kristen Ashley <— The course of true love never runs smooth and this book kept me interested through all the twists and turns the characters went through.
- On the Island: A Novel by Tracey Garvis Graves <— Again, an age difference that some might find hard to connect with but I loved the characters. And even with it being about 2 characters I never found it boring or predictable.
- Back to You by Priscilla Glenn <— 2nd chance romance are a favourite of mine and this one was the first I read. It was a definite 5/5 read for me.
- Beautiful Disaster: A Novel by Jamie McGuire <— Well there’s not much that hasn’t been said about this book but it’s the one that reignited my love of reading.
- Hearts in Darkness by Laura Kaye <— How can a book revolving around 2 people in an elevator keep you interested? Well this one was a fantastic read for me. I loved the 2 characters and them being in the dark elevator added a twist I had never read in another book before.
- The Wreck by Marie Force <— Another 2nd chance romance and a real page turner. Another bonus was the suspense element.
- On the Plus Side by Tabatha Vargo <— I feel in love with this heroine. It was the 1st book I read with an overweight heroine. She was so much more than her weight and although the hero in this book didn’t start out heroic he definitely came through.
- Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City Book 1) <— I never laughed so much with the nerdy heroine in this one. I found her interaction with her friends and the love interest so entertaining.
- Bully: The Fall Away Series by Penelope Douglas <— I couldn’t handle the angst in this. It was stupendous. I loved the back and forth between the characters. I was in a book slump and this definitely pulled me out of it!
- Surviving Raine: Surviving Raine Book 1 by Shay Savage <— Ahhhh to love an angry man!! Again, a story containing 2 people on a boat. How will that be done? But it was and it was great. I devoured every page and it was a 1 sit read for me.