Nancy’s list is one of my favorites this year, not only because it has so many NEW-TO-ME books on it (that sound right up my book-alley) but because it’s a sweet tribute to our loving and long time friend, Kandace, who passed away.
Nancy: The year of 2018 was a very good reading year. I know from how hard it was to limit the books I want to put on my list. Having said that, I can’t make this list with out paying a dedication to Kandace. Kandace “Lovesbooks” Milostan was a Golden Girl in our book world.
She passed peacefully at home, surrounded by her beloved family, on December 26th 2018. She was way too young, was needed here by so many, but she is at peace. Heaven now has an Angel, but she was an Angel here on earth to so many of us. Kandace and I shared a birth-date: January 24th. She use to say we were Birthday Twins. Not looking forward to this birthday.
When getting ready to start making this list, I looked at my NANCY’S TOP READS FOR 2015, and so many were credited to her recommendation. Rest in peace Sweet Lady. You are missed so much!!
1) No Tomorrow by Carian Cole <— I had been patiently waiting for the release of this book. I am a big fan of Carian Cole, and have read all her books. But this is an epic book. It is a standalone long book, so don’t start reading till you can keep on reading. I didn’t want to put the book down till “The End”! This book does touch on sensitive subjects.
2) Watch Me Follow by Harloe Rae <— This is a very unconventional love story between Ryker Doxson and Lennon Bennett. He has never had a kind word said his way, even his own parents taunted him with verbal abuse. He had been called demeaning names that made his anxiety turn to anger about his life. That is until she showed up. For the first time in his young life, he didn’t feel alone. He would do anything for his “Sunshine”! Two other books by Harloe Rae I enjoyed are:
FORGET YOU NOT (A Reclusive Novel) & REDEFINING US (A Reclusive Novel).
3) The Boy in the Window: A Paranormal Thriller by Ditter Kellen <— The book starts out on a sad note, but changes into a mysterious mystery. This book is also unique and a mind chilling experience. Won’t say more, as you must read it for yourself.
4) The Sinister Silhouette by Alex Grayson <— After reading this book, it became my favorite book I’ve read by Alex Grayson. It is a Mystery Thriller, and a book I didn’t want to put down till the end. There are plenty of twist and turns. Even when I ‘thought’
I knew what was going on, not so much, so kept reading on till the end.
5) Outnumbered by Shay Savage <— This is one ‘crazy’ good book!! Shay Savage has a way of writing unique, original, and unconventional romance novels. Bishop Harp has lived in his isolated cabin for three years with no desire for company. But what could he do, when he found a damsel in distress, abandoned and unconscious, but take her home to his cabin. When she finally wakes up, he finds that he is outnumbered.
6) Dagger in the Sea by Cat Porter. This is a long epic book. There is world building and world travel. All the way from the crime-ridden streets of Chicago to the enchanted Greek Islands. A Mafia theme through out, with more bad intentions than good. A love story to rival any Greek Myth.
7) Only the Positive (Only You Book 1) by Elle Thorpe (New to me author) <— This is a very different love story. This touches a subject that I’ve never really seen addressed in a book. Reese meets Low on her first day of work at the Lavender Fields Racecourse. They worked at the long bar serving drinks, and he worked the section right next to her and was her delicious and sexy-looking boss. By the end of her first day, she was hoping that Low would want to go home with her. They had been flirting with each other all day. But he left with someone else, and they both would come to wish he would have chosen differently. I also enjoyed ONLY THE PERFECT by Elle Thorpe.
Medicine Man by Saffron A. Kent <— This is the Ultimate Forbidden Romance! It is pretty straight-forward if Willow Taylor is a patient at Heartstone Psychiatric Hospital, and Dr. Simon Blackwood is her Doctor. Her psychologist. That any relationship is crossing the forbidden line. Also the no-touching policy can also be thrown out the window. Also enjoyed GODS & MONSTERS by Saffron A. Kent.
9) Gravel Road by Stephie Walls <— This is a Second Chance Romance, but not the usual kind. There are mountains to climb, and deep wounds that need to be healed. Apologies that might not be enough or just too late. Just saying “I still love you”! Won’t be enough to mend hearts that have been this shattered. Hateful words thrown in anger can never be taken back. You can’t change your yesterdays, but there are plenty of fences to mend if you want a happy tomorrow.
Also by Stephie Walls: FAMILY TIES, DEAR DIAMOND & SMALL TOWN GIRL.
10) Ruffles & Beaus by Carina Adams <— This is a triangle love affair. The story is told by three points of view: Cady, Roman, and Reid. Love doesn’t fit into a neat little box. It doesn’t have rules that we all have to follow. It doesn’t always make sense. It isn’t perfect. And it can hurt. But it can be all worth it in the end. Love is all that matters. So, love freely, love openly, love often. Because in the end love might be all there is!
11) In His Eyes by Nicole Hart <— This is my most inspirational book of the year. I thought it was going to be a difficult subject, but I found this book to be very inspirational. I enjoyed the strength of the characters and how faith and hope is the theme through out. The courage of a mother to draw on all her strength to take her baby and run, because she was sure the abuse would escalate, and be turned on her baby.
12) Lessons In Corruption (The Fallen Men Series Book 1) by Giana Darling <— This is the year I discovered this author and just was blown away. He was eighteen, but who would have known. He was heir to a notorious, criminal MC The Fallen Men. He was still in school and only eighteen. His teacher didn’t know until it was too late. A really, really good teacher/student story. Also by Giana Darling WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE. So Good!!
13) Verity by Colleen Hoover <— This is not a book for everyone, but I found it consuming. It is a standalone romantic thriller. It is tragic, but creepy, too. Brilliantly written and I couldn’t put it down. Stayed with me and I needed someone to talk to about it. So made my husband and best book buddy read it also.
14) Bloodstained Beauty by Ella Fields <— I have read other books by this author, but nothing quite like this. It is a standalone thrilling, contemporary romantic suspense. Imagine finding your dream man, only to find your nightmare man just might be your soul mate.
15) My Favorite Duet: THE STARS DUET by Amie Knight.
*Beneath His Stars (The Stars Duet Book 1): Adam Nova and Livingston Montgomery were never meant to cross paths. They met under strange circumstances under the stars. Adam and Liv were pulled together by some unknown magical force. She would dream about him, until the next time she would see him beneath his stars.
*In Her Space (The Stars Duet Book 2): A continuation of Adam & Liv and their magical time beneath the stars. Even if after all these years they were two magnets drawn to each other. Not an easy ending, but destiny would win in the end.
16) My Favorite Series: MERCILESS by W. Winters (Willow Winters).
This is a four book series that is now complete. You can read the entire story of Carter Cross and his relationship with Aria Talvery. A Romeo & Juliet story with out a tragic ending.
*MERCILESS Book 1
*HEARTLESS Book 2
*BREATHLESS Book 3
*ENDLESS Book 4
This is a wild read, and you will enjoy every page.
Enjoyed these books with characters connected: A KISS TO TELL & POSSESSIVE.
Thank you so much for this, Nancy!! So many books on here that sound unique and raw and, just… everything I LOVE to read!
Like Nancy’s book-style? Check out more of her favorites: