She’s had an amazing book year, and I know this ’cause of all of the awesome recommendations she’s sent our way! Robyn is voracious in her reading. Let’s get to know her a bit more by checking out some of her highlights from this year’s comments:
I have soooo many good books in the hopper right now. It’s hard to choose what to read next. I absolutely love that feeling!
I’m getting ready for my 2 months in Maryland. I’m going to visit my husband who works there, my daughter and son. Can’t wait for retirement then we won’t have such a big commute to see each other.
I’m ready for Fall also. I’m so tired of 100+ heat every freaking day! I’m ready to harvest, but unfortunately in AZ that doesn’t happen until mid October around here.
I also watched The Kissing Booth on Netflix. Did anyone else watch? Highly recommend! I’m kinda lusting after the hot young Noah Flynn.
You’ve never had sweetened condensed milk Maryse? For shame! I used,to make these seven layer bars, but I think they are also called magic bars, with that milk. The recipe might even be on the label. Those bars were pure sugar, but so good. You could only eat a teeny piece at a time.
Oooooooo…….I love me some Scandal too! I’m absolutely in love with Jake, so hands off Girls! I fell in love with him along time ago when he was Noel Crane on Felicity. Have you watched Felicity? You have to binge watch Felicity, it was so good! One of my favorite series. I know in my heart of romantic hearts that Fitz and Olivia will end up in Vermont making jam at the end of the series. It HAS to be that way. But I am loving the journey getting there!
Tee hee!! Oh there were SO many more fun comments to pick and choose from, (favorite foods, her love/hate relationship with the heat in Arizona, her fun trips to Maryland (and her favorite hotel that she stayed only one night in and LOVED it!!) and even a trip to a penitentiary, but… I think it’s time for her favorite books. 😉
And now… her Best of 2018 Book List. 😉
This has been a great reading year for me! Lots of books that I have adored and made my top of 2018 list. As usual I can’t choose just 10 either. So here goes…
1. The Bargainer Series by Laura Thalassa. I just finished the last book, Dark Harmony. These books are so well written. Desmond is a hot fae king and Callie is his soulmate. Des teaches Callie how to kick a** basically. She goes through a lot of transitions to win the battle in the final book. Action, undying love, angst, strong, quirky h….yes please!
2. Binding 13: Boys of Tommen #1 by Chloe Walsh. Set in the high school world. A girl from the wrong side of the tracks meets a privileged private prep school boy. This book is filled with angsty moments, tear jerking sadness and hope. I haven’t read Keeping 13 yet. If it’s anything like the first book I’m going to love it.
3. Heartbreak Warfare by Kate Stewart & Heather M. Orgeron. This book! Reminded me of Arsen but with a” more of everything ending.” I kept thinking what would I do if I were in this situation. Oh my heart! Loved everything about this book.
4. Balance and Execution by Lucia Franco. Set in the gymnastics world, this is a forbidden love story between a young gymnast and her coach. Yeah, and it’s scorching hot too! Can’t wait for the next book Release coming next year.
5. The Ribbon Duet by Pepper Winters. These books were so well written and hit every nerve in my body. I felt like I was there with Ren and Della. Such an epic love story. Can’t wait for the Boy and His Hope to come out.
6. The Idea of You: A Novel by Robinne Lee. This is another forbiddeny book. An older woman and a younger man. They meet at one of his concerts. It takes off from there as they meet in various spots around the world to do a little trysting. Very well written, I just wish this author would write a follow up book. I need more!
7. The Transcend Duet by Jewel E Ann. When this author writes a book it is pure gold. I don’t question anything, I just read it. Another time, another place is how I describe these books. Why do we make these connections with other people that seem to transcend time and space. Reading these books gave me the tingles and the feels.
8. My Torin by K Webster. Go in to this book blind. Just read it! Heartbreaking and hopeful, this book will run you through every stage of a good book. One of this authors best!
9. The Crossbreed Series by Dannika Dark. This is another author that writes pure gold. I haven’t met one book of hers that I haven’t adored. In this series the main characters are Christian and Raven. They are partners in the paranormal world, conquering the bad guys with the other members of their team. Of course, they have a thing for each other. Each book in the series gets better and better.
10. The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air Book 1) by Holly Black. This has a cruel prince and a girl who lost most of her family and was stolen away to Fae land. The prince doesn’t want anything to do with her and let’s her know that. This is the first book in the series. I loved the push and pull of the H and h. This book had all the feels, plus it’s paranormal.
11. The Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. I finished the last book in the series, War Storm, this year. These books are beautifully written. You are taken on an epic journey and transformation filled with love, angst, heartbreak and hope. The book follows Mare and Cal, who are trying to change an empire and keep their love alive at the same time. One of my very favorite series of all time!
12. The Pebble Jar (The Young Hearts Duet Book 2) by H A Robinson. This is one of those books you will not be able to put down. It’s a very beautiful, heartfelt, soul crushing coming of age story.
Robyn: I just finished a marathon read of The Pebble Jar. I don’t remember who suggested this book, but THANK YOU!!! If you haven’t read this beautiful, heart wrenching, coming of age story, you really need to. I absolutely could not put it down! Every emotion was explored. I don’t want to give anything away, but even I sobbed like a baby. Read this book if you want your heart to be touched!
- The Tainted Accords series by Kelly St. Clare
- Iron and Magic (The Iron Covenant Book 1) by Ilona Andrews
- Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter
- Sons of Rome series by Lauren Gilley
- High Voltage (Fever Book 10) by Karen Marie Moaning