I LOVE a “forbidden love” story. The taboo kind… *waggles eyebrows*, and the less-taboo, but still “professionally iffy” kind. A romance between two co-workers = fun! A romance between a higher up and his/her assistant = MORE FUN!!! 😛 That long-standing crush, the pining, the “playboy” rumors, and that unapproachable, unattainable, undeniably sexy, commanding alpha-male that suddenly (or secretly) takes notice. YAY US!!!
Oh sure… I’ve made it well known that I love my alpha-males bad-ass, dirty-mouthed and loaded in tattoos. But a sexy “book bad boy” in a three piece suit can sure play me good, too. And, if we go by some of these books, the men in suits have been known to be very foul-mouthed, too. 😉
What’s especially fun about these? They can really happen!
So I just had to start this list. These books are the ultimate guilty pleasure, that I think will please ANY romance book enthusiast. For the most part? No warnings needed. Just steamy scenes and angsty heartache… and consequences. 😉 Let me know if I’m missing any of your favorites on here.
Maryse: I got such a kick out of the latest “office romance” novel I picked up (“The Plan“), and I agree with Nancy, and Kandace. We need an “Office romance list”. So… if you are so inclined, please list your favorites!
- The Plan by Qwen Salsbury <— I’m not well-versed in office romance books yet, but this one had me hooked and I WANT MORE!! Which is the reason for this list, in fact. 😉 LOVE this book and Sandra agrees: ” I absolutely loved The Plan! Is it me or did it have a Bridget jones feel? Ugh I read a book that was office humor and it was funny as well I can’t remember the name of the book.” In fact, she re-read it when she was done. And Barbara agrees: “I just finished The Plan and Ioved it! So funny and different!” (my review)
- Beautiful Bastard (The Beautiful Series) by Christina Lauren <— suggested by Wendy. But of course this one!!! I haven’t read it yet, but I’m absolute gonna. Here’s the Beautiful Bastard Series Reading Order
- Insufferable Proximity by Z Stefani <— Crystal says: “One of my favs.”
- Fight With Me (With Me In Seattle) by Kristen Proby <— Chanel’s recommendation. “…she knows to stay away from sexy men with tattoos and motorcycles. That goes double if he’s your boss.” <— okay so no “three piece suit” for this guy, but still “office romance” enough and I bet I’ll like his uniform plenty. 😉
- Office Affair by Jess Dee <— Bobbi’s suggestion.
- Blindfolded Innocence (Hqn) by Alessandra Torre <— Jessica loves this one! “Womanizing lawyer meets intern… this starts in the office but it is SO MUCH MORE. This is a must read… possibly the greatest and worst book hangover of my life.” and Trish agrees! “…love this one so much!!!” an Bella says: “I’m obsessed with Brad DeLuca!” and Kiki says: “Will BLOW YOUR MIND!!!” and Kandace says: “Oh..I’ve read Blindfolded Innocence that book was an awesome office romance.” <— LOL!!! Wow if this doesn’t convince me, I don’t know what will. 😉 Ohhhhh and I love me a good book hangover!! And I love this author’s other books, so I am on it! (here’s the series reading order)
- Sweet Surrender by Maya Banks <— Jenn says: “Sweet Surrender is a good one too.”
- Weekends Required: A Danvers Novel by Sydney Landon <— Ashley recommends this series! “Claire Walters has worked for Jason Danvers as his assistant for three years, but he’s never appreciated her as a woman—until the day she jumps out of a cake at his friend’s bachelor party.…” <— sounds right up my alley!!! (The Danver’s Series Reading Order)
- Twisted Perfection: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series) by Abbi Glines <— Jillian suggests TWO: “Not sure if either of these would count – because they’re not really ‘office’ romance, more boss/waitress – but Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines” and… (my review of Twisted Perfection and the Rosemary Beach Series Reading Order)
- Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain) by Kristen Ashley <— “Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley.” I agree, Jillian… maybe not “office” romance, exactly, but pining for your boss (or dating him) is perfect for this category, no matter what the “uniform”. 😀 P.S. I LOVE THIS BOOK WITH ALL OF MY HEART! One of my all-time #1’s forever and ever and ever! (Here is my review Sweet Dreams and the Colorado Mountain Series Reading Order)
- Motorcycle Man (Dream Man) by Kristen Ashley <— Jessica asks: “Hmmmmm….. does Motorcycle Man count? Technically, she works in the office. ;)” and Sandra says: ” I would say Motorcycle Man does count!” <— agreed and yes!! Let’s add Tack. LOVED him and his bossiness (at the company, and outside of it). 😛 (Here is my review of Motorcycle Man by and the Dream Man Series Reading Order)
- Tangled (The Tangled Series) by Emma Chase <— Kirsten’s suggestion!
- Breach (Breach #1) by K.I. Lynn <— Kirsten says: “Loved Nathan and his dirty mouth.” and Tracie agrees: “It’s so good. Holy cow, Nathan has a dirty filthy mouth and I love it.” <— Oooooh yes. I keep hearing about his dirty mouth. I need to read these!! 😛 And Hanne says: “I don’t think it’s a spoiler when I say that books 2 and 3 makes more sense of book 1 (for those finding book 1 somewhat ‘dysfunctional’ – which it was…” (here is the Breach Series Reading Order)
- The Proposition by Katie Ashley <— recommended by Kirsten. “When Emma spurns his advances at the company Christmas party, he’s determined to have her no matter what it takes.” And ohhhhh what a proposition it is. I just read the blurb. Tee hee!!
- Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella <— Sandra recommends this one! “Can you keep a secret? That’s the name of the book!!! Such a great read and same humor as The Plan … She spills all her secrets to a stranger on a plane and he turns out to be the new CEO at her company” and Kandace LOVES it! “Sandra, I’ve read Can Tou Keep A Secret more than 10 times. It was my go to book before I got caught up in all these ebooks. I loved all her confessions when she thought the plan was going down. Hilarious.” —> Yes I agree! It was so fun! Here is my review.
- Sweet Surrendering by Chelsea M Cameron <— Tracie’s suggestion and Rebecca agrees: “This is a great reversal of Tangled, where the heroine is the CEO, and her assistant is a hot guy that she tries to resist… Really good funny sexy story, loved it!! And there’s recently book 2!!“
- Trust in Advertising by Victoria Michaels <— Tracie also recommends this one! “…he begins to take notice when the fiery young woman is hired as his new assistant. Quickly, Lexi turns his world upside down and becomes an invaluable addition not only to his team, but to his life.“
- The Other C-Word (In Other Words) by MK Schiller <— Tracie suggests this one, too! “Marley Mason is dreading the arrival of the new business consultant…“
- Henry (The Beck Brothers) by Andria Large <— Tracie suggests this one, too! “Claire never expected her new boss to be the most gorgeous man she’s ever laid eyes on. She also never expected him to be sweet to her two year old son, Ethan. But Henry is her boss and there is no future with him. Or so Claire thinks…“
- Knight and Play (The Knight Trilogy, Erotic Romance Series) by Kitty French <— Tracie suggest this one. “From the moment girl-next-door Sophie accepts the job as Lucien Knight’s PA, she understands how Alice must have felt when she tumbled down the rabbit hole. Lucien takes her safe, vanilla life away and plunges her head first into a huge dish of fantasy flavors.” (here is The Knight Trilogy Reading Order)
- Conviction (Club Destiny) by Nicole Edwards <— and this one! “…she was offered a position that would take her from her small office in San Antonio, Texas to that of her company’s larger, more upscale headquarters in Dallas, Texas, Sam hadn’t seen anything. Her new boss is not only intensely sexy, he is also about to show her things she’s only read in books.“
- The Executive’s Decision (The Keller Family Series) by Bernadette Marie <— Kim says this one “was good”
- No Turning Back (The Kathleen Turner Series #1) by Tiffany Snow <— Racine reminds us of this EXTREMELY popular series. And Chelsea agrees! “…totally fits in the office romance category…Kathleen never had any intension of starting anything with her boss in fact she very much avoids any possibility and makes predictions about his current revolving arm candy.” and Sally LOVES this one like crazy!! “OH Maryse The Kathleen Turner series by Tiffany Snow ABSOLUTELY needs to be added to this list. Besides the fact that it is MY FAVORITE series EVER , it fits the bill perfectly!” <— Hehe yahhhh…. this was good. She face plants into the lawyers lap. Tee hee!! What an introduction to her boss. 😛 (here’s the Kathleen Turner Series Reading Order and my review of book #1)
- Mid Life Love by Whitney Gracia Williams <— Felicia recommends this one!
- Temptation (The Temptation Series #1) by K.M. Golland <— Jenna says: “Love this series!!!” (here is the series reading order) and Claire agrees! “I agree with you Jenna Hanson. The Temptation series by KM Golland omg! Talk about office chemistry that is almost palatable. It’s a must read.” and Helen agrees, too: “Hot, Hot office romance. He’s absolutely yummy!”
- This Love (University of Branton) by Nazarea Andrews <— Rachel’s recommendation. He’s looking for an assistant over the summer… “Something that can’t happen–he’s a professor and she’s a student. And both of them have histories, pasts that won’t let go.” <— Whoa! Double the forbidden love pleasure!!
- The Boss by Abigail Barnette <— recommended by Mary Ann and Leah says: “SOOOO good!!”
- Storm Damages (Storm Legacy) by Magda Alexander <— also recommended by Mary Ann and it’s got a ton of great reviews! “When Gabriel Storm crashes into Elizabeth’s life she wants nothing to do with him. After all, he’s on the opposing side of a business deal her law firm represents. If she’s seen with him, she can kiss her career goodbye. But she can’t stay away from the billionaire who put the “B” in bad boy…“
- 99 Days of Laney MacGuire by Rachel Bateman <— recommended by Jessica “Weston, her mysterious new co-worker, who is the cause of so many of the changes Laney hates. She wants to despise him, but she can’t deny the attraction she feels…”
- Heller by JD Nixon <— Nancy suggested this one! (here is the Heller Series Reading Order)
- Accidentally on Purpose by L.D. Davis <– Both Jillian and Beverly suggested this one! And Stephanie says: “(Love Triangle & Office Relationship) – this turns into a fantastic series” (here is the Accidentally Series Reading Order)
- LUKE: Complete Series by Cassia Leo <— Stephanie recommends this one: “(Corporate Spy/Office Relationship) – Serial Book Collection is Complete”
- CHASE: Complete Series (Power Players Series) by Cassia Leo <— and she recommends this one: “(Escort/Relationship/Boss) – Serial Book Collection is Complete”
- Disastrous (Disastrous Series) by E.L. Montes <— Stephanie recommends it! “(Summer Extern/Boss)”
- Don’t Lie To Me by Stacy Lynn <— Kandace’s suggestion! “It also meant taking a job with Jack McMillan; powerful, sexy, controlled, and CEO of McMillan Holdings. Emma has spent the last several years keeping her dreams and fantasies of Jack to herself, but one night, and one encounter, changed everything.“
- Be My Baby Lite by Andrea Smith <— Kandace also recommends this series, saying: “(rich guy and she works for his family)” Here is the Baby Series Reading Order
- To The Moon and Back by Jill Mansell <— Kandace recommends this one: “To the Moon and Back by Jill Mansell. (Loved this book hard. It’s not steamy but it oh so good. The chemistry is there. It’s hard to explain Jill’s books.)”
- Who’s Afraid of MR Wolfe? by Hazel Osmond <— Claudia loved this one! “I’m in love with this author from UK , unfortunately amazon doesn’t sell the ebook in US but she wrote a book that’s is about office romance thats is so good.”
- Practice Makes Perfect (Berkley Sensation) by Julie James <— Lisa recommends it: “Julie James’ Practice Makes Perfect is super funny. It is about competitive lawyers and the pranks and hi jinks they play against one another.“
- Double Standards by Judith McNaught <— Komal loved it! “Double standards by Judith mcnaught..a MUST MUST read”
- Office Politics (Harper & Lyttle Series) by Sharon Gerlach <— Ashley suggests this one and…
- The Secret Dreams of Sarah-Jane Quinn (Harper & Lyttle Series #2) by Sharon Gerlach <— this one, saying: “Love them both!”