Tuesday’s latest new release list has proven to be a GREAT one ’cause I’m getting awesome feedback on some of the books you guys one-clicked. Therefore, I’m highlighting a few of them again, right here. With these recommendations, I don’t know how I can possibly not jump right in!
In fact, late last night I started Black Lies and it absolutely grabbed me right from the start. Yikes!!! This girl sounds like a load of trouble and I. Am. IN! Amazing writing and while I’m still only in the first quarter, I know I’m about to be taken on a wild ride. Eeeeeep! I can’t wait to see what all the fuss is about. I posted a bunch of that “fuss” below in the list. You’ll see. 😉 *rubs hands together with devious glee*
Plus, there are a bunch of AWESOME book-sales right now, and more reader recommendations that look promising (and some hot-guy recluses, to boot!). YAY US! Hehe.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Beauty and the Mustache: A Philosophical Romance (Knitting in the City Book 4) by Penny Reid <— JUST RELEASED!! RECLUSE ALERT!!!! YAYAYYAYY!!!! (and here’s the series reading order). Getting RAVE reviews (just like her other books in this popular, funny series!) Kat says: “I read this the night it came out and I’m still trying to recover. I have a the worst book hangover and I’m super low on sleep. FAVORITE BOOK OF THE YEAR!!!! Recluse who looks like a Viking and writes poetry? YES PLEASE I’ve decided to give up and just to re-read it.“
- Empathy by Ker Dukey <— JUST RELEASED!! PLUS it sounds like quite the DARK read!! This blurb totally made me *eeeeeep!!* I’m scared… and intrigued! Lori says: “Yes it’s really good so far!'” and Tracie, too: “Loving so far!!” and Kelly: “Stayed up waaay to late reading this last night and finished at lunch. Liked it a lot. The end was a bit rushed for me. Could have had it drawn out a bit more but overall it was definitely a good read.”
- Being Neighborly: a novella by Carey Heywood <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Ordinary (Exceptional Book 3) by Jess Petosa <— JUST RELEASED!! I haven’t read the blurb yet, ’cause it’s the conclusion of the series…
- Unhinged: Book One by Nicole Edwards <— JUST RELEASED!!! “She’s supposed to be off limits to me. But that’s not a problem because I’ve perfected the art of breaking the rules. My name is Sebastian Trovato and this is the story of how I met the woman who unhinges me.“
- Jesus Freaks: Sins of the Father by Andrea Randall <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Be My December by Rachel Brookes <— JUST RELEASED!! One of my fav authors (Aly Martinez) is reading this one and appears to be loving it! And it’s got quite the intriguing blurb… “The night my innocence was stolen, the night I made the mistake of saying no—a mistake I’d never make again. The dream of a ‘happily ever after’ was now a locked away myth. I promised myself that I’d never return to the place of my worst nightmare, that I’d never let anyone get close, but then again, I never thought I’d meet someone like him. The intense, confident and beautiful Ky Crawford.” <— but he doesn’t want to be her Prince Charming…
- LOL Romantic Comedy Anthology – Volume 1 – Thirteen All-New Romance Stories by Bestselling Authors by Elle Casey, Julia Kent, Blair Babylon, Rachel Schurig, N.M. Silber, Daisy Prescott, Juliet Spenser, Gretchen Galway, Victoria Wessex, Caitie Quinn, Cassia Leo, Mimi Strong, Kelly Harper <— Jennifer found us this recently released anthology! 😀
- Hard Knox: The Outsider Chronicles by Nicole Williams <— This one came out this month, too and Kimmie LOVED it! “Just finished Hard Knox by Nicole Williams. So good. You’ve got to read. New book boyfriend alert!!!!! Know and the girl Charlie has a slick mouth and is so sarcastic.” Ahhh yes!! College writer trying to uncover if campus “bad boy” is actually campus “bad guy” and then wonders if he isn’t. And then wonders if he is… 😉
- One Ride: Hellions Motorcycle Club (The Hellions Ride Book 1) by Chelsea Camaron <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!.
- Impulsively (Dante’s Nine MC) by Colleen Masters <— BIKER BOOK ALERT (and Stephanie found it for us today!). It’s a standalone! “The damaged bad boy, womanizer, and the newest member of the Dante’s Nine MC has set his sights on her and now it’s game over. She knows what’s at stake getting involved with an outlaw like Brooks, but giving up control and letting him take what he wants, even for just a moment, is worth losing everything.“
- Aspen by Rebekah Crane <— sounds cute and recommended by a few of our fav authors! “Katelyn may have died — but she didn’t leave. Her ghost is following Aspen around, and heading into senior year, it’s kind of a problem. Especially when Katelyn’s former boyfriend Ben appears to be the only person at school with a clue as to how Aspen feels.”
- Black Lies by Alessandra Torre <— This one is from Tuesday’s list and it is getting RAVE reviews. Considering how much I enjoyed other books by this author, I have no doubts this one is for me! In fact, I’m reading it right now. And Melannie is freaking out over it! “I think I saw somewhere that you were going to read Black Lies?? …… This is SO scandalous! At 42% and my face hasn’t changed it’s expression I love how different this story is! I’m also dying to know what Grant is hiding.” and Cheryl says: “Started Black Lies. Halfway thru and still don’t know exactly what is going on, but whatever it is, things are f*%@ed up!!!!” and Rebecka says: “Do yourselves a favor and DO NOT READ SPOILERS when reading Black Lies. You will go through many emotions and few gut wrenching moments, but trust me it will all be worth it!!” and Rosemarie says: “Two words. Black Lies! Okay three…whoa!” <— WOW. I’m so excited this is my next!
- Ten Below Zero by Whitney Barbetti <— MOVING STORY ALERT!! Here’s another one from Tuesday’s list that seems to be putting our fellow readers in a frenzy! Michelle says: “Just finished Ten Below Zero and what an amazing unique story! Such a great read if anyone is on the fence. I definitely cried but both sad and happy tears. Highly recommend this one!” Linh says: “35% into Ten Below Zero and I have to say I am digging it ALOT. Unconventional situation. Interesting characters. Great writing. It kinda reminds me of The Edge of Never and we all love that journey.” and then once she finished… “Ahhhhhh. I just finished Ten Below Zero and it was sooooooo fantastic. You have to read it Maryse. Characters, pace, storyline, writing…it was all great.“
- Be My Hero (Forbidden Men Book 3) by Linda Kage <— another one from Tueday’s list that we are enjoying! I read it (my review) and so did a few of my fellow readers! Kristi says: “Finished this today and loved loved loved it!”
- On the Record (The Record Series Book 2) by K.A. Linde <— From Tuesday’s list and Tessa loved it! “Finished On the Record and I absolutely loved it! My only grrr is I have to wait until Nov for book 3. I want it now!”
- I Want It That Way by Ann Aguirre <— OH YES!!! Grumpy-hot single father/neighbor alert!! Another from Tuesday’s list that appears to be a HIT! This was also put on my TBR when I first read that blurb, and with a recommendation like this, I’m on it!!! Tracie says: “Maryse I just read I Want it That Way by Ann Aguirre, it was on your Tuesday list, single, broody father? It. Was. Awesome. It was exactly what I wanted and I just fell in love with everyone! Their honesty was so refreshing, and their intimacy was just beautiful, the sweet words.. I want more. I never wanted it to end… I don’t know what it was, but this book just grabbed me, everything Ty said had me melting. I already pre ordered the next two books.” OMG I WANT IT!!!
- Degradation by Stylo Fantôme <— a recent release and highly recommended by Kelly: “Just finished Degradation by Stylo Fantome and it was fabulous. There are some risque sexual elements however they were not overly graphic so most people could get over it and enjoy the characters. Really, really liked it and can’t wait until the sequel in Sept! … I think you might like this one. I felt like the author really fleshed out the characters and that intensified the story for me”
- The Minaldi Legacy by Courtney Cole <— RECLUSE! Stephanie found us this one! Ah interesting blurb (although one commenter warns about some very dark subject matter). “I’m a monster, Eva. There’s no saving a monster. But I love that you want to try.” Okay from the blurb I’m getting that she’s hired by him to help his aging mother… “Eva Talbot moves to Malta to finish her doctoral dissertation in Psychiatry. When she meets Luca, there is a very real and instant attraction that she has never felt before. But even still, she senses the darkness that lives within him.”
- Apartment 2B by K. Webster <— Stephanie found us this deal today, too! She escapes her mother’s abuse and is finally free but terrified. “Sidney has rules. Routines. Structure. It’s the only way she can cope. When a handsome, yet mysterious stranger inserts himself into her life, Sidney begins to come apart at the seams. She’s having trouble sticking to her habits and it’s threatening to shred any hope of a normal life to pieces.”
- Take a Chance: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series Book 6) by Abbi Glines <—
- Knight (The Unfinished Hero Series) by Kristen Ashley <— Linda says: “KA just never disappoints!!! Love this series. Love every h/h!!! Every storyline!!! Creed was very stressful for me I must admit but I powered through!!! Cannot wait for Deacon. Let’s just tell it like it is. KA writes it and we read it!! No brainer.” and Michelle agrees! “I really liked her Unfinished Heroes series. They are a bit darker than her usual fare, grittier. Knight was my favorite of that series to date. The alphas are “you love to hate them” kind of guys – and they don’t get sweet (like Tate and Tack) – they stay that way – but you still end up liking them!“
- Creed (Unfinished Heroes) by Kristen Ashley <—
- Raid (Unfinished Heroes) by Kristen Ashley <—
- Merciless Love: A Dark Romance by Nicole Snow <— RECENTLY RELEASED/DARK READ ALERT and well, obviously the cover got me good, on this one! ;). “The girl with the rocking body I saved yesterday believes I’m some kinda hero. You’d think she’d recognize evil after staring it in the face all her life, but with me, Cassie’s completely blind. She doesn’t know this house is a prison. She doesn’t know the cartel’s got my son. She doesn’t know I’m a selfish, desperate, pissed off imposter, and I’ll do anything to get my boy home.“
- Unlit Star by Lindy Zart <— ANOTHER RECENT RELEASE! I know I enjoyed another book by this author (my review of Take Care, Sara <— very angsty), so I’m nervous as I check out this new blurb. Yep. OH GOSH. Yes. This book wants to drown me in my own tears, I’m sure of it!!! That blurb. GAH!!!!! “Rivers Young is the popular guy untouchable by reality. He is like a star—bright, consuming, otherworldly. The thing about stars, though, is that they eventually fall, and he is no different. He falls far and he falls hard. Delilah Bana is the outcast enshrouded in all of life’s ironies. Alone, in the dark, like dusk as it falls on the world. When Rivers hits the ground, she is the night that catches him. In the darkness, they meld into something beautiful that shines like the sun. Only, the greater the star is, the shorter its lifespan.“
- The Genius and the Muse by Elizabeth Hunter <— RECLUSE ALERT!!! Here’s another on and it too, sounds good! “For Kate Mitchell, finishing her master’s thesis on reclusive photographer Reed O’Connor was just another item to check off her list. She knew exactly what she was doing. Or did she?“
- Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon <— Okay not really bargain priced, but it’s one from “Ten Books That Stayed With Me” reader lists. Julie considers it: “If were talking those books that stay with you forever and ever….”
- Nothing Left to Lose (Guarded Hearts Book 1) by Kirsty Moseley <— and here’s one from Marion’s “Ten Books That Stayed With Me” list. And it IS bargain priced! Oh it sounds scary and romantically angsty! She survives a kidnapping but comes out of it, damaged. (of course!) “Ashton Taylor is brought in to protect her. He’s a newly qualified SWAT agent, a bright spark, the agency’s new golden boy. He is assigned undercover, posing as her boyfriend. His job is to help her through college and keep her safe until the end of the trial in eight months’ time…” <— Wow. This one DOES look good!
- She’s Come Undone (Oprah’s Book Club) by Wally Lamb <— One from Jill’s “Ten Books That Stayed With Me” list. Not bargain priced, but good price nonetheless… “Meet Dolores Price. She’s thirteen, wise-mouthed but wounded, having bid her childhood good-bye. Beached like a whale in front of her bedroom TV, she spends the next few years nourishing herself with the Mallomars, potato chips, and Pepsi her anxious mother supplies. When she finally rolls into young womanhood at 257 pounds, Dolores is no stronger and life is no kinder. But this time she’s determined to rise to the occasion and give herself one more chance before really going belly-up.“
- The Witness by Nora Roberts <—- Eeeeep! This one sounds intense! One from Melinda’s “Ten Books That Stayed With Me” list, and wow. I DO love this author so I’m so tempted on backtracking to this book. “Daughter of a cold, controlling mother and an anonymous donor, studious, obedient Elizabeth Fitch finally let loose one night, drinking too much at a nightclub and allowing a strange man’s seductive Russian accent to lure her to a house on Lake Shore Drive…“
- Gerald’s Game (Signet) by Stephen King <— And Kristi is a girl after my own heart! This one sounds right up my freaked-out alley, and she says it’s “one of his best”. Just look at this blurb!!! “A different kind of bedtime story from Stephen King, as a game of seduction between a husband and wife ends in death. But the nightmare has only just begun…” <—- eeeeeeep!!!
- As You Desire: A Loveswept Historical Classic Romance by Connie Brockway <— One from Natalie’s “Ten Books That Stayed With Me” list, and it IS bargain priced. I know there are a bunch on here that love historical romance (I’ve loved quite a few myself!) so I think this one fits just perfectly… especially after you read this part of the blurb: “Kidnapped, drugged, and about to be sold to the highest bidder, Desdemona Carlisle is having a hell of a time maintaining her English pride. Then she sees the man in black, galloping through the Egyptian desert on a pure white steed. Desdemona could not have conjured a more dashing savior in her wildest fantasies. But an unlikelier hero would be impossible to find: Harry Braxton is a rogue, a scoundrel, and a born opportunist—who has already broken Desdemona’s heart once before…”
- Son of No One (Dark-Hunter Novels) by Sherrilyn Kenyon – expected release date September 2nd 2014
- Frayed: The Connections Series by Kim Karr – expected release date September 2nd 2014
- His to Claim by Opal Carew – expected release date September 2nd 2014
- Ghost Layer (The Ghost Seer Series Book 2) by Robin Owens – expected release date September 2nd 2014
- Wickedly Dangerous (A Baba Yaga Novel) by Deborah Blake – expected release date September 2nd 2014
- Love Bites by Angela Knight – expected release date September 2nd 2014
- Dark Blood (Dark Series Book 26) by Christine Feehan – expected release date September 2nd 2014
- Night’s Honor (A Novel of the Elder Races Book 7) by Thea Harrison – expected release date September 2nd 2014
- Keep Me (Twist Me #2) by Anna Zaires <— expected release date September 30th 2014
- Rock Courtship: A Rock Kiss Novella by Nalini Singh – expected release date September 30th 2014