I just received this awesome “list” request.
Pam: Maryse, I need a list of your 2014 5 star reads so far!!! I wanna keep up!
YAY Pam!! What an opportunity to highlight my favorite 2014 books so far! And going over these books once again, I can confirm I’m still 100% in love with ’em!
So here they are. These are the books that had me riveted, glued to my seat, and titillated with swoooooon-induced (and/or nerve-induced) butterflies in my stomach. 😉
From rock stars, to taboo, to moody reads to super funny reads to absolute sweet perfection. I’ve got I nice range of recommendations here. In my opinion? These are MUST READS! 😀
Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher
“…feeling like this… aching, needing to pace, and not knowing what to say other than READ THIS!!! <— That’s why I read. I read to feel it all (the good, the bad, the ugly). And this one is a perfect mix of the three. A love story. A horror story. An absolutely moving story.” (see my full review of Mud Vein)
Play (A Stage Dive Novel) by Kylie Scott
“This book is a must read, for those that love good ol’ fashion rock-star infatuation romance. Lots of sweeeeeeet laughs, a HUGE crush, and boy is it steeeeeeeamy (even though it’s kind of a slow burn at first <— which makes it THAT much better the whole way through). Oh. And plenty of angst in so MANY ways. I’m telling you, my heart felt it all.” (see my full review of review of Play)
Lovely Trigger (Tristan & Danika – book#3) by R.K. Lilley
“…wanna read three books in a row without stopping ’cause you just need to read them, they’re so good? Crush, pine, fall in love, and wanna throw up, cry and rock yourself back and forth in the corner for awhile? And then move onto book #3…? THIS SERIES!!!!!!” (see my full review of review of Lovely Trigger and the Tristan & Danika Series Reading Order)
Archer’s Voice by Mia Sheridan
“Ahhhhhh you guys are in for so an AMAZING treat, ’cause the rest is so much fun to read from there on out. Actually it was perfect from the very start. There are so many highlights in my book, I just couldn’t stop myself, because it was all meaningful. It was all my favorite.” (here’s my full review of Archer’s Voice)
Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
“So yep… this book is full-on taboo, and probably THE most taboo (yet supremely eloquent) story I have ever read. So touching and so beautifully poignant and so emotionally distressing. On many levels. And in many ways.” (here’s my full review of Forbidden)
And while I’m at it… these books that I rated 4.5 stars are absolute MUST READS, too!
- Book Review – Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover: “…All of that deliciously *spoiler* heartache-y tension + those twists + the incredible depth of emotion and angst that loads us in “feels” right to the very end + that signature Colleen Hoover “funny” (don’t even get me started on the “Warren pine-sol” reveal LOL!!!!!!!!) = You’ve got yourself an awesome read!!!“
- Book Review – Rock Bottom by R.K. Lilley: “…try being “normal-in-love” when you’re both so jealous. Possessive. Codependent. An enabler… and enabled. Try being all that, while dealing with the whole “dating a rock star” thing.“
- Book Review – Bad Things by R.K. Lilley: “OMG, you guys!!! Pheeeeewwww *fans self* This was pure “old-school” book-angst at it’s best! Steamy, sexy, jealousy, alpha-y and full-on hurry!“
- Book Review – The Plan by Qwen Salsbury: “Ahhhhh how I love a book where the girl has been pining for awhile (in this case, almost a year) and where the guy shows absolutely no interest. Truly. No interest. And I mean none.“
- Book Review – Transcendence by Shay Savage: “An unconventional, delightfully weird love story. Weird… but not quirky or corny, you know? Just… right up our alley, and I loved it!“
- Book Review – Come to Me Quietly by A.L. Jackson: “Fantastic angsty potential love story, that had just enough of everything to keep me guessing, torturing me just right. You know I love it when it hurts, and this one stung real nice!“
- Book Review – Remembering Us by Stacey Lynn: “An extremely unique and intriguing love story that had my nerves teetering on the edge the entire way. Because the mind can play tricks on us. And so can people.“
And now, I can’t wait to find more! So… what are some of your 5 star (4.5 star) reads so far, this year?