SATURDAY MORNING BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!! LOOKIT WHAT ELSE JUST WENT LIVE!!!
- Good Girl Gone Badd (The Badd Brothers Book 4) by Jasinda Wild <— JASINDA WILDER ALERT!!! Her latest is LIVE!!! SHE LEAVES TO BE WITH A BAD BOY… 😉 “...she’s expected to toe the family line and be a trophy wife for a future senator. But when this good girl takes a quick getaway to clear her head, she finds a whole lot more than she’d bargained for. She finds herself in the arms of a bad boy...”
- Slam (The Brazen Bulls MC Book 3) by Susan Fanetti <— SUSAN FANETTI’S LATEST JUST WENT LIVE!! HE JUST GOT OUT OF PRISON... “The love of Jenny Wagner’s life promised her a beautiful future. He swore he’d be there for her and their daughter forever. He wanted to be her hero, and she believed that he would be. Then he left her alone before their baby was born—and what he did left Jenny’s life in ruins. She’ll never forgive him. But she’s never stopped loving him. Her anger arises from that deep, abiding love, and the pain of its betrayal...”
- Beautiful Survivors (Five Forgotten Souls Book 1) by C.M. Stunich <—- LIVE!! C.M. STUNICH ALERT! THEY WERE IN A GROUP HOME TOGETHER… “…me and my four best friends, we’re family. These boys, they make the group home we live in bearable. They’re everything to me, almost like brothers. Except…I don’t want them to be my brothers. I want them to be my boyfriends. Only, I can’t decide on just one…”
IT’S FRIDAY FINDS TIME!!!! Tee hee!!! Okay okayyyyyyy… yessssss I missed this list last week, and apparently a few of you did too. 😛 *snort* No worries. Today’s list is loaded in PURE guilty-pleasure indulgence. *waggles eyebrows*
Kelly: Did I miss a Friday release day posting?
Amy: I miss a couple of days because of stupid real life, and I go into a panic because I can’t find Friday’s post. Because it was on Thursday. Talk about almost having a complete freak out. Maryse’s Tuesday and Friday posts have been my normal for over 4 years now!!
Maryse: LOL sorta. 😉 It felt redundant to post another Friday post, when all of the ones I wanted to highlight came out on Thursday, so I let that post be the highlight. THAT was a first for me. 😉 *sigh* And I was too busy finishing another book. *snort* Reading always gets the best of me.
Tessa: Reading is the best excuse ever.
Ela: Maryse, maybe this is a new thing? Latest Release Thursday???
Well, for now it was a one time thing, ’cause today we have a bunch of Friday Finds, so I made this post extra long this week, to make up for it.
Take a look at what we found for the weekend!!
- Beautiful Beast by Aubrey Irons <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!!! Tested, tried and true by one of our very own bully book-boyfriend addicts! 😉
D.G.: *Shouts* BULLY! He is a BIG OLE JERKFACE BULLY!!!! And…I love him!!! Beautiful Beast by Aubrey Irons He is broken, entitled, maybe even a stalker but at the end of the day, he is just a mean ole bully. Love, LOVED Bastain! *whispers that the cover isn’t hard on the eyes either as I wave a ‘I <3 Stu’ sign*
Tessa: DG! Catnip! *squees and runs off to look*
D.G.: Tessa….definitely Catnip!
Grey: Hold up… Someone said the magic word… BULLYYY! I’m in! *giggle*
- The Affair: The shocking, gripping story of a schoolgirl and a scandal by Amanda Brooke <— OOOOOOHHH PSYCH-THRILLER STUDENT-TEACHER ALERT!!!!!!!! And Deanna recommends it!
Deanna: The Affair by Amanda Brooke is a great teacher/student affair book! 10/10 highly recommend!
- Wrecked by J.B. Salsbury <— EX-MILITARY HERO JUST TRYING TO ESCAPE, but then she shows up… “…Beautiful and sophisticated, she seems out of place in this laid-back beach town. Something is pushing her to experience everything she can-including Aden. But as much as he wants her, starting a relationship with Sawyer puts them both at risk…” It’s a recent release & now we have feedback ’cause my BFF Sherry recommends it!
Sherry: Just finished Wrecked by JB Salsbury at 1am. LOVED it. Such a great story
- BEAST (Boyle Heights Book 2) by Elizabeth Reyes <— LIVE!!! ELIZABETH REYES’S LATEST!! SHE HAS TO INTERVIEW A FELON ALERT!!! “…One interview was all it was supposed to be. An interview with the daunting felon in the work-release program that leaves Allison breathless with anticipation for their next encounter. Despite the risks of becoming involved, neither is able to fight the inexplicable draw they’re feeling…“
- Waking Magic: The Revelations of Oriceran (The Leira Chronicles Book 1) by Martha Carr <— LIVE!! PARANORMAL/FANTASY ALERT!
- Finally Found You: A Stand Alone Contemporary Friends to Lovers Romance by Carrie Ann Ryan <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! OH MY!! They were thrown together due to the worst circumstances… “Mason Sutton not only just got dumped by the woman he thought he’d spend the rest of his life with, but now he finds himself healing beside the woman his brother cheated on. He’s spent his entire life living in his brother’s shadow only to find himself wanting the one woman he can’t have.”
- Porter: Men of Lovibond by Georgia Cates <— LIVE!!! GEORGIA CATES ALERT!! WAS ONCE JUST A KID TO HIM… AND NOW SHE WORKS FOR HIM! “...Frankee is my intern and under me for the summer. Literally. It’s a difficult secret to maintain when you can’t keep your hands off each other. This was supposed to be a hot summer fling. Sex and fun without commitment. That’s what we called it. But we were wrong… …I love her. And I’m happy, so damn happy… until a terrible mistake from my past springs forward and threatens to rip us apart…“
- 180 Seconds by Jessica Park <— JESSICA PARK SUPER-SALE ALERT!!! It’s about a girl who’s been a foster all of her young life and knows not to depend on anyone or let anyone close, except… “…One unsuspecting afternoon, Allison is roped into a social experiment just off campus. Suddenly, she finds herself in front of a crowd, forced to interact with a complete stranger for 180 seconds. Neither she, nor Esben Baylor, the dreamy social media star seated opposite her, is prepared for the outcome…” AND Renee found us this super-sale!!
Renee: Omg I <3 Jessica Park and her latest novel is on sale…!!!
Leslie: 180 Seconds looks good!!!
- Love Me Never (Lovely Vicious Book 1) by Sara Wolf <— WAS RECOMMENDED IN OUR BULLY-BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS! “…All the girls in her new school want one thing—Jack Hunter, the Ice Prince of East Summit High. Hot as an Armani ad, smart enough to get into Yale, and colder than the Arctic, Jack Hunter’s never gone out with anyone. Sure, people have seen him downtown with beautiful women, but he’s never given high school girls the time of day. Until Isis punches him in the face. Jack’s met his match. Suddenly everything is a game...” AND Kat found us this one!!
Kat: I recommend a book it’s called love me never it’s a really good book I definitely recommend everyone to read it. It’s a good, funny, and interesting book. It is from the book series lovely vicious.
- The Leverager by C.L Masonite <— LIVE!!! THRILLER ALERT!!! HE DOES DIRTY DEEDS (and I don’t think they’re done dirt cheap by this blurb 😉 Tee hee!!) “…They say his price is different according to each client, sometimes it’s money, sometimes it’s trade secrets and sometimes it’s a favor that you’ll have to repay in the future. The price is always extortionate—when you make a deal with the devil it always is. And I was willing to pay...”
- Twisted Twosome by Meghan Quinn <— LIVE!!! MEGHAN QUINN ALERT! A BROODING CONTRACTOR IS FIXING HER PARENTS HOUSE... “We try to stay out of each other’s way . . . that is until I have no other option but to ask for his help. But what I don’t realize is he needs me just as much as I need him. I have money he’s desperate for, and he holds the key to making my dreams come true…”
- The Boy Next Door: A Standalone Off-Limits Romance by Ella James <— HER CHILDHOOD BEST FRIEND & THEN HE BROKE HER HEART ALERT! “...That’s why, when he skipped town, it wrecked me. Now I’m older. Wiser. I’ve just snagged my dream job, writing at a film studio. The lead animator on my project? You guessed it. He’s not the boy next door. Not anymore...” Tamika recommends it!
Tamika: I just finished The Boy Next Door by Ella James and I loved it!
- The Good Daughter: A Novel by Karin Slaughter <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!!! Recent release and we have feedback ’cause Frannie recommends it!!
Frannie: Yay! I finished the good daughter by Karin slaughter and now that I finished, the title throws me off haha but still a solid 4.5
- SCARRED (The Caged Series Book 4) by Amber Lynn Natusch <— SHIFTERS ALERT!!! Kristin is reading this one! And she’s loving the series so far!
Kristin: Im reading Scarred. Book four in the caged series. Loving it so far!
- Until It Fades: A Novel by K.A. Tucker <— FAMOUS HOCKEY STAR & SHE SAVED HIM ALERT!! Leslie M recommends it!
Leslie: Got a rec for all you slow -burn lovers! Until it Fades by K.A. Tucker I loved it and I don’t even like slow burns. Go figure!?
Northernstar: I just finished “Until it Fades” by K.A. Tucker and i enjoyed it so much and it was such a great read! It had a little bit of everything I love in a story; a strong heroine, a sassy funny as hell kid, a sexy h, great supporting characters, ands the story (she saves his life and he’s famous). The story had me tearing up one minute and laughing the next. I would love to read more from this group of characters in the future. K.A. are you listening?
Julie o: UNTIL IT FADES by K A Tucker Really good. Well written. Good editing. 4.5 stars. Lighter than she usually writes
- About That Night by Natalie Ward <— NATALIE WARD ALERT!! HE’S A CLOSED-OFF BARTENDER & SHE’S AN OVERWORKED EMERGENCY ROOM DOCTOR… ”…All it takes is one fateful night when their lives collide. Neither of them is expecting it, yet somehow, they find solace confiding in a stranger they know they’ll never see again. But there’s something about that night that changes them both,..”
- Brick by by Charlie Lee <— HE LIVES ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE LAW ALERT!! “…I live on the wrong side of the law, and I’m damn proud of it. It’s rooted deep in my soul, stems from the scars of my past. A pool of blood, a lifeless woman, and a missing child lead me into chaos, smack dab in the middle of it. Why? To protect what’s mine. Life has never had perfect timing. My sins and her redemptions are about to collide…”
- Flight Risk by Alexa Riley <— LIVE!!! ALEXA RILEY ALERT! SHE’S SHELTERED & INNOCENT AND HE WANTS HER… ”…Lincoln Gray owns everything he could ever want. And that includes the dark-haired beauty he catches sight of. One look at Sophia and he’s making sure she’s the carry-on he’s taking to his next stop. She’s too naive to travel the world alone, and luckily for her, he’s the one to protect her…”
- Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic Book 2) by <— VAMPIRES RECENT RELEASE ALERT!! Julie loves this series!
Julie: For anyone who likes urban fantasy. Melissa F Olson released…the second book in her Disrupted Magic series called Blood Gamble. This is one I’ve been waiting for. It’s an automatic one-click for me.
- Red Fish, Dead Fish (Fish Out of Water Book 2) by Amy Lane <— LIVE!!! AMY LANE’S LATEST M/M ROMANCE ALERT! This is the sequel, but don’t fret!! ‘Cause here’s book #1 which is super-bargain priced right now!! ➔ Fish Out of Water 😀
- Acts of Faith: (Cost of Repairs #4) by A.M. Arthur <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!!
- Mondays with You (Sunday Love Book 2) by <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “…He’s fooled himself into thinking he’s conquered the demons of his past until he runs into the best friend he was forced to leave behind when he was sixteen. When their jobs force them into a fake relationship, Blake learns something about his childhood best friend and eventually about himself...”
- Truth or Lies by J.A. Johnston <— LIVE!! THRILLER ALERT! “Five-year-old Amelia just witnessed a murder. Not just any murder, but the murder of her mother. When Amelia is questioned by the police, she is asked what she saw. This is Amelia’s BIG decision. She can tell the truth as she witnessed it. Or She can lie like her father has coaxed her into…”
- At This Moment (Of Love and Madness Book 1) by by Karen Cimms <— ROCK STAR BOOK ALERT!!! TWO STRANGERS… SHE WANTS A STABLE LIFE & HE WANTS TO BE FAMOUS… “...Thrown together during a freak snowstorm, Kate and Billy’s lives become permanently entwined. On the outside, they have nothing in common, but scars aren’t always visible and abuse doesn’t always leave a mark. Kate keeps the pain of her past buried, while Billy carries his like a weapon. In spite of finding love, Billy continues to be haunted by his childhood and tempted by the excesses of the music industry...”
Suzie: At This Moment (Of Love and Madness book 1) by Karen Cimms
Tera: All three books are soooo good
- A.K.A. by T.L. Alexander <— LIVE!! THRILLER ALERT!! “…When her half-sister is brutally murdered her world spins off course, tilts off its axis. Seeking justice, she commits the unthinkable and finds herself no longer living in a world of right or wrong, black or white. She finds herself living in a reality within a false reality of love, lust, betrayal, and murder...”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Parise <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT!! I read (and reviewed) this one, and Northernstar is listening to it. She says: “I just started the audio version of B.A. Paris – Behind Closed doors. Creepy.: <— HECK. YES.
- A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness <— Kooloo LOVED listening to these! “Oh and I’m just finishing up a audiobook marathon lol it’s great because you can get so much done and still your book lurv on!!! You have to check out the “A Discovery of Witches” series by Deborah Harkness and narrated by the Amazzzing Jenifer Ikeda!!!!!! That girl can do accents – like all of them sooooo good …Para is not really my thang Buttttt that audiobook with That narrator blew my mind – def movie material Yup yup“
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Beneath The Truth by Meghan March – August 8th 2017
- Bad Deeds (Dirty Money) by Lisa Renee Jones – August 8th 2017
- Blade: A Bayou Heat Novella by Alexandra Ivy – August 8th 2017
- Any Dream Will Do: A Novel by Debbie Macomber – August 8th 2017
- The Wright Mistake by K.A. Linde – August 8th 2017
- Blade: A Bayou Heat Novella by Alexandra Ivy & Laura Wright – August 8th 2017
- The Flirtation (The Submissive Series Book 10) by Tara Sue Me – August 8th 2017
- The Forbidden by Jodi Ellen Malpas – August 8th 2017
- Run to You by Jessica Lemmon – August 8th 2017
- Aveoth (VLG Book 7) by Laurann Dohner – August 8th 2017
- Wicked Wish (The Wicked Horse Vegas Book 2) by Sawyer Bennett – August 11th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2018!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
First!!! Just sayin!! Happpy Friday everyone!!!!
D.G.!!!! Lookit you!!! 😛 Good morning friend!
Maryse Flat Out Love is also on sale for .99 cents!!!! I loved this book so freaking hard back in 2013. And Matt is still one of my fav book boyfriends.
Twisted Twosome is on my TBR list already! I find Meghan Quinn writing very funny. I want to get my hands on the new series of Georgia Cates. I have this plan of doing a marathon read on Penny Reid “Knitting in the City Series”. Wish me luck.
Now some shopping/window shopping…..except too hot.
Seriously how do you summer all year people do it.
It is a triple digit her wave going on.
Maryse make it snow.
There’s no R. No Grey. No Fabi, No Ela. No MichelleS, no Amy… No Lisa, no Leslie… and so many of our beloved book buds. *sigh* There was almost no bev, but she was getting pampered so I forgive her.
Though… there’s you guys that I love that have come to book-snuggle with me!!! <3 *snuggles y'all and makes sure to snuggle bev extra 'cause she hates that*
Did a bunch go to a book signing or something? Or are we in a reading marathon that I don't know about???
I missed ONE Friday. ONE!!!!!
And some think Friday is no longer. BUT YOU GUYS!!! This is an EXCELLENT Friday!! LOOKIT!!!!!!! 😛
I got kidnapped in Goodreads and it jinxed our mojo.
I only kidnapped Ela! IDK where everybody else went! **Waves to Maryse!**
*gasp* GIVE. HER. BACK.
And where are the confetti cannons???? There are ALWAYS confetti cannons on “first!!” declarations.
Nary a sparkle. :/
*wishes for glitter and happiness*
YO! Robin is liquoring me and Jen M up properly!
Oh duh! Jen! I keep forgetting she’s a blog peep even though we JUST talked about it!
This is Robin and NOT ELA sabotaging Robin’s computer! Where is everybody? Come join the PARTAY!
Awww! *huggles Maryse* I’ve just been belatedly celebrating my birthday today. It was fun. 😀
awww Maryse! *huggles*
I wish I was having fun. Nope, no fun for me. Day from he!!. But it’s finally over and NOW I get to settle down with my favorite ARC of all time.
I’m reading Artemis by (Maryse’s boyfriend/crush) – Mr. Andy Weir himself. *big smile*. I gotta tell you, he does the female pov in Artemis even better than the male pov in The Martian. What a talented author!!!
I <3 ANDY WEIR!!!!! 😀
*jealously shoves Fabi a little. Just a little* 😉
*snuggles Fabi ’cause she misses her* 😛
Is R having a party without us?????? I WANNA GO!!!!
*licks wine splatter off Kindle*
“The city shined in the sunlight like a bunch of metallic boobs. What? I’m not a poet. They look like boobs.” @30%
It’s the annual Writer’s Retreat at R’s this weekend!!! You know, the one in which absolutely no writing ever gets done. 😉
I had to miss this year. So I’m going to cry in my cups the rest of the weekend.
Hurry Maryse we’re about to toss the seafood boil on the table!
Awww Maryse! *belatedly, really belatedly throws sparkling confetti, blows party horn, hangs up balloons and streamers, sets up a martini bar to the side of the room and turns up the music…shouts HApPY FriDay…while whispering ‘it’s really Saturday now’*
I totally fell down on my first duty…I fell back asleep…and then it was run, run, run with the fam on the last weekday before the kiddos start back to school! So I am a little stressed and frazzled with NOT one promising book to read…or one to call to me anyway. Last read just didn’t fill me up…
And happy belated birthday Tessa – hope you had a great one!!!!
Hi Maryse! I could never forget you! Just been traveling every weekend and work is kicking my ass!
*sniff sniff* Okay Jean. I accept. *snuggles Jean* 🙂
I miss Jan too!! Wondering where Jan is…
I just read Torn Between Two and Choosing Forever by Mia Kayla this week! Loved this unique rocker love triangle series! Highly recommend!
Seriously Maryse, I, like Amy (and so many others), depend on your Tuesday and Friday posts like I depend on air to breath! We need you! *hugs* Thanks for all your hard work!
So many good books and so little time. But a while ago I read “At this moment” and I loved it 5 stars for me the 3 books are super good.
I also read “The difference between us” but I didn’t think it was as good as the first book “The opposite of you” it was just missing something.
There’s too many in that list I would love to read just add them to the list. Throws hands in the air…….. Click, click,click
Well . . . Happy Saturday! It’s been a long week. I am devouring The Devil’s Cut by JR Ward – this is going to be 6 stars for me. Yes – that’s possible. Love this author.
*slides into my seat at the table smelling like old booze and bad decisions, shakes glitter out of my underwear* Just kidding about that whole sentence… *side-eyes R* Really, I was marathoning Game of Thrones. I’m in a book funk. Taking suggestions. I’m not ready to start my challenge reads yet. Actually I may take the weekend off. *slams fist on the table* More GoT it is. Still jealously waiting for more news from The Retreat front…
I still have to watch GoT. I watched first season and part of the second… years ago. I think I need to start over.
I still have to watch last week’s episode. I was too tired to watch it last week, and so I have to watch it today since the next episode will be on tomorrow.
Book suggestions? Right now, I finished reading a PNR series and am finishing up another one.
I am here!! Recovering from a very hectic day yesterday and late night. Went to Coldplay concert which is crazy. Tailgating, traffic, etc.
Anyway, all you music lovers on here….you have to check out Izzy Bizu. She opened for them and was fabulous.
That sounds like so much fun Leslie!!!
Happy Saturday my fellow book lovers!!! *breaks open the unicorn sparkles with rainbow colors and tosses them up in the air* Happy sparkly Saturday to Maryse!!!
Grey – I haven’t watched any of GoT yet. Everyone has talked about how good it is so I guess I need to plan some time to start season 1.
Unfortunately, this weekend is dedicated to reading a short book on Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and dissecting each chapter with my kiddo. And school has not even started back yet….
*dances in the sparkles*
Thank you D.G.!!!!!! 😀
Ooh – GoT is amazing! First year was excellent and love the series, but these last two seasons? Fantastic. I may try to finally read the books. Very intricate storyline and so easy to get lost.
LOOK WHAT LIST JUST GOT UPDATED!!!! The bully romance list!
Yay!!!! You added Beautiful Beast. Crown was the prince of assary lol
But loved it just the same even more because his assariness?!?!?
Yup just makin up words kids
Cause I can lol
Hey, it’s nice to see some peeps around again. It’s been quiet on here. *snuggles Maryse* I love everyone’s comments today. Gave me my morning laugh.
I haven’t watched GoT yet. I think I would like it, but I’m sceeered. And that Bully list? Eeeeek! *runs and hides from bully list in blankie fort*
*reaches hand out of blankie fort* Can somebody please pass me a hot chocolate with a marshmallow on top?
*opens kindle to romantic HR and settles back* Aaaaah.
*hands Jan a hot chocolate*
Maryse for your “Bully” list have you thought of the book “Therapy” by Kathryn Perez that is such a good book and I couldn’t believe what I was reading.
Oh thank you Melinda. I just received a few extra recommendations so I’ll add this one, too!! 😀
Maryse is throwing around CATNIP instead of confetti!!! Some of us REALLY love those bullies!
Game of FUCKING Thrones! I kinda binge watched at Robyn’s!!!! Not my fault, I swear!!!!!
Wait? Ela was here? I didn’t even see her? 😀
1. On repeat What’s Up by 4 Non Blondes to get me going this morn. Texas Flood thinking of our Texas friends. Fire Bruce Springsteen live version. Makes me smile.
2. Gah. To have talent like that. To sing or play or write like that. That would be the talent I would choose.
3. Been on a Kdrama kick so dreamed of them last night, lol.
Now you’ve lost Ela too?
Is this a Stephen King kind of retreat?
Apparently R was a bully to her. Trying to get her to streak.
All…Fabi would do it.
So Ela was all I’ll show you streaking and hasn’t stopped running since.
1. My hands smell like parsley & basil that I chopped for dinner. Love that smell…mmmmm.
2. I am so tired I don’t even know if I can read tonight. *gasp*
3. I would sell my soul to the devil right now for some ice cream.
Oh I love three things!!!
1. I just took a hot lava shower. No. Just kidding. It was a water shower but hot like lava. It relaxes me and makes me feel extra clean.
2. I just finished Tarryn Fisher’s “Atheists Who Kneel and Pray” and it was awesome. It made me cry but at a part that I didn’t expect to cry over. LOVE HER.
3. I’d love to eat a medium rare, salty, peppery, bloody T-Bone right now. And some steak fries that have become soggy and stained from the juicy steak. YUM!!!!!! Full moon right?
It’s a cold wet midwinter day here. The thought of streaking makes me shiver.
I’m finally here (I seriously need to look at working from home again…working weekends because people call in just blows :roll:) but I know everyone is probably sleeping like most normal people do at this hour. Why am I awake? Because Tarryn Fisher is killing me with Atheists!!! I have to get up in 5 hours but I feel like if I stop reading now then the story will continue on without me and I’ll miss something. But I’m a-scared to keep reading because of the tension and angst…I (like Yara) wasn’t supposed to fall for David, dammit!!
Then I read Maryse’s comment that she cried from it. CRIED. From a TF book. *throws up hands* I’m screwed.
I swear…first-world book lovers’ problems.
GAH! Did you guys see tonight’s GoT episode?!?
Holy mother of all $&%#ing dragons.
Just…O. M. G.
Eff. Me. <—– not the same effect as using the actual word but whatever 😆
*gratefully accepts hot chocolate from Maryse. Sips* Ahhhhhh. That’s bliss. I had outdoor yard duty at work today (I’m a teacher part-time) and it started to POUR WITH RAIN right at the start of the lunch break and it was cold and miserable.
But now I’m home with my feet up in front of the heater 😀
1. My current read is a new(ish) Western HR from Jo Goodman called A Touch of Frost. A bit of mystery, a hot H who wears a black hat low over his eyes, plenty of romance. Nice.
2. My pussy cat is safe home from the vet after getting bitten by a neighbour’s cat and getting an abscess on his leg. Poor pussy!
3. I’m going to make caramel apple pancakes for dessert tonight. We hardly ever have pudding, but in this icy weather it’s too tempting to resist.
3 things…nope 4 things
1) Maryse updated the best list ever… (Hush the rest of you!) I feel like a little kid making my Christmas list right now! I may, in fact, live on the Bullies list forever and ever and ever… *glitter cannons and peanuts armed and ready*
2) Ela swore on the blog *giggle* I am only up to season 6. But love it!
3) I love reading Non-U.S. readers… Because I have 12 year old boy humor sometimes!
4) still mad because Amazon banned a book I want to read. Pouting.
Hi to everyone. Finished reading Mr. Right Now. Fun, low-angst read.
Amy, I’m really curious about the TF book- want to read it, but now with Marsye crying I’m unsure. I don’t want to be sitting in my daughter’s hospital room crying!!
Happy belated birthday Tessa!!!
1. My daughter hopefully will be discharged from rehab on the 15th. She’s a rockstar!
2. Finished painting my kitchen cabinets and the walls. Just have trim work and then I’m done!!
3. So sad about Chris Pratt and Anna Faris and I don’t even know them!
Grey, if you are referring to The Wild by K. Webster that Amazon banned. Holy sh!t. How does that still happen in 2017?!!! It’s available on Smashwords and I’m buying a copy just on principle!
1. My birthday cake had lemon in it and I didn’t realize it. So for the last few days, I’ve been out of it since I’m extremely allergic to lemons. Feeling better today thankfully. 😀 (Seriously, who puts lemons in a carrot cake?)
2. I’m reading a Cassie Parker book right now, while little dude watches cartoons.
3. I’ve been on a diet for a few months now, and have lost four inches on my waist! Yeah!!
*snuggles Tessa for her birthday and for her feeling sick*
*wishes she snuck some of her lemony carrot cake while she wasn’t looking*
*feels SO BAD for Tessa and her lemon allergy. I LOVE LEMONS!!!*
Oh, Tessa. That is what is scary about food allergies. I hope all is well.
Congratulations on the lost inches!!!!
Oh Tessa, *hugs* Girl that is so scary. I’m glad you’re ok. Kudos on the weight loss!!!
Thank you guys! *hugs* For the sympathy and congrats. 😀
I’m just catching up and OMG! TESSA!!!! I’m so sorry I missed your birthday, my friend!!
*huge belated birthday hug*
And congrats on the weight loss! 😀
I like lemon, but in a carrot cake? *scratches head* I’m glad you’re doing better now.
Right? They put it in the cream cheese frosting. It made it not as sweet and rich, which is kind of the point of having cream cheese frosting.
Oh and *huggles squeeze *Thanks for the bday wishes.
Oh, you can have all the rest. Lol I honestly threw away half the cake.
I love oranges! Sadly, it’s all citrus fruits.
And thank ye! *grins in a group huggle*