HAPPY Friday everyone!! A whole weekend of reading is in store for me and I couldn’t be happier!! Considering the SERIOUSLY awesome finds this week (below) I think most of us have some great reading ahead.
Okay so… what am I currently reading? I finally chose! Jezebel <— I know you guys have seen this one mentioned a lot lately, but I’m finally reading it myself, and… so far I’m 50% in, and absolutely in love with “Jezebel” (the book… although the lady is pretty awesome too). Oh wait!! HOLY MOLY it’s almost 500 pages?! Wow I truly must be loving it, ’cause I just started last night, and I’m already halfway through!!! Heartwarming, intriguing, profound… INTENSE! It feels like it could be BIG in regards to the depth of this story. I was expecting it to be so much darker (psych-thriller-like), ’cause of all of the “twist” freak-outs. I’m still guessing like crazy as to what it will be, but I love that no matter, I’ll be wrong. 😀
Sally: Don’t bother trying 😛
Tracie: This book was awesome! God the ending was crazy
Jenn: The ending…oh my!!! Didn’t see that coming!
Paula: Don’t forget the novella after. It’s a must. I loved this crazy, twisted book. Mind.f**k.
Next on my list after it? I’m pretty sure it’ll be this one: Pure Abandon <— Sounds right up my angsty romance alley and a few of my trustee fellow readers are LOVING it! (You’ll see below, I posted their comments). 😀
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- With A Twist (Bad Habits Book 1) by Staci Hart <— ANGIE IS LOVING IT ALERT!! JUST RELEASED, bargain priced and my friend Angie LOVES it like CRAZY!! “First book I’ve read by her but it was amazing. …It’s called With a Twist by Staci Hart. Its about a Ballerina who falls for her best friend. It’s phenomenal. So sweet and cute and heart warming and refreshing. I’m in love with it. I’m so in love with this book… I think it’s a indie gem! So brilliant.“
- King of Hearts by L.H. Cosway <— REVIEWS ARE PHENOMENAL ALERT!!! JUST RELEASED and Anne went nuts for it! “…read King of Hearts by L.H. Cosway and seriously one of the best books I’ve read this year! I was intrigued by Oliver King and his story since Hearts of Fire and was anxiously awaiting his book. So happy it didn’t disappoint! Seriously L.H. Cosway writes such unique, amazing and heart breaking stories she has become a favorite author of mine.“
- Inspiring You (Unraveling You Book 4) by Jessica Sorensen <— JUST RELEASED
- What She Doesn’t See by Debra Webb <— JUST RELEASED (she cleans up crime scenes and finds something at one…)
- I SEE YOU by Ker Dukey & D.H Sidebottom <— JUST RELEASED and it sounds deliciously creepy!
- Secrets at Maple Syrup Farm (Once in a Lifetime) by Rebecca Raisin <— JUST RELEASED and sounds sweet… she heads off on her own to a new place and runs into a grumpy guy…
- Point Blank (Lawmen Book 4) by <— JUST RELEASED and this one sounds crazy! She sells her art at trade shows and realizes it’s got drugs hidden in it… and the sexy cop she meets has been following her for a reason.
- Pure Abandon by Jeannine Colette <— ARSEN FEEL ALERT!!! This recent release is back on the list ’cause Neika recommends it!! “…read Pure Abandon by Jeannine Colette yesterday had an Arsen feel…the whole neglected wife and super attractive boss. Surprisingly really good…5 stars” and Cheryl agrees BIG TIME!! “Just finished Pure Abandon. LOVED it!!! Well-written, angsty, love-triangle. It reminded me of Arsen, maybe not in the level of angst, but a h who is married, thought she knew what she wanted in order to be happy, but she ends up questioning her life, her husband, her choices. I knew all along who I thought she should end up with, but I still felt maybe she should choose the other MC. *my heart hurt for him* That said, I think it ended how it should. That epilogue *sigh* …heart palpitations wondering who she would choose…and that ending *tear running down my face*”
- Arsen. A broken love story by Mia Asher <— And while we’re talking about Arsen… here it is!!! Tore my heart OUT!!!! Over and over and over again. MichelleS: “…. Shhhhh… Don’t tell anyone… I never read Arsen (it was mentioned again earlier in this thread)… Peanut gallery is in full force lately” and Cheryl just lost it! LOL! “*whisper/yells* MichelleS, whaaat?!!!! Arsen was a great read!!! All kinds of angsty and I think Maryse gave it 5* Get started before the peanuts rain down on you.” and Ela agrees: “Arsen rocked my worled….just sayin’”
- Toxic by Kim Karr <— Cheryl is enjoying this one!! “It’s a standalone and so far it’s good. Have a feeling there are some major twists/angst coming up. “
- Obligation: Obligation ((Underground Kings Series) Book 2) by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— HAS TO MARRY HER TO SAVE HER ALERT! super-bargain priced and a standalone! “Kai has been watching Myla from afar since he took over the family business from his father and inherited the responsibility of keeping her safe. When word gets back to Kai that Myla is not only in danger, but that his assets are being compromised, he immediately jumps into action and does the only thing that can be done at the time by marrying her…“
- DIRTY (The Vengeance Duet Book 1) by A.C. Bextor <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! Recently released and super-bargain priced right now! Her very young niece (daughter of an MC whore) is imprisoned in an MC and her ex-biker friend is going to help her get her out… “In order to get to Casey, Max must find a way to infiltrate the MC. Setting up a meet with Hoss, Satan’s Creed’s President who’s known for his depravity as much as his double-crossing ways, it’s made clear that forming an alliance is going to be more of a challenge than he expected. Now he must prove his loyalty to the club and in doing so, he’s forced to get his hands… dirty…“
- Unruly by Cora Brent <— ANGSTY ROMANCE ALERT!! Bargain priced and lots of great reviews on this one! “I would forget him. Yes, I had to forget him. Through the years, triumph or heartbreak would bring us together. Only to shatter us once more. It was never over though. It never will be.“
- Sloth: A Sinful Secrets Novel by Ella James <— CRAZY TWIST/SOB-FEST ALERT!! Back on the list ’cause Arianna just discovered it and went crazy for it, saying: “I just finished reading this amazing book that I thought many others would like to hear about. It’s titled Sloth by Ella James. This book had me hooked from the very beginning. It’s dark, gritty, with a love story like no other. There is a huge twist near the end of the book so I can’t give much away. You just have to read it! I literally had to set the book down a few times because my tears were affecting my reading abilities. My roommates looked at me like I had lost my mind, but I just couldn’t explain to them how connected I felt to these characters, and how their pain felt like my pain. For warning it is a very steamy read, and a little confusing at times, but what that all amounts to is a beautifully tragic love story.“
- Capitol Submission: The Complete Collection Box Set by Skylar Cross <— Erika HIGHLY recommends this! “…i read one series Capitol Submission, its a 4 part serial. Oh. My. God! I loved it!!!! So yeah just wondering which to go to next…” Sounds full of mystery and intrigue and STEAM! “Terissa can’t stop herself from giving in to submissive encounters with a mysterious dirty-talking dominant man whose face she has never seen…a man with a dark secret and a VERY high position in the U.S. Government…“
- Manwhore +1 (The Manwhore Series) by Katy Evans <— Bringing this one back ’cause it got Anne out of a reading funk!!! “I was in a reading funk for several weeks. Nothing grabbed my attention which totally sucked lol! But thanks to Manwhore +1 my reading rut is over! Yaay! Loved that book and Malcolm was awesome! A perfect ending to book 1! I hope Katy wrotes about Tahoe and Callan next “
- Warprize (Chronicles of the Warlands Book 1) by Elizabeth Vaughan <— RECOMMENDED FOR MORE LIKE TGOT and Golden Dynasty!! And Michelle enjoyed!! “Ok finished Warprize and the second book, Warsworn, already and definitely enjoyed them. The story is very emotional and has an abundance of great characters.”
- Caged: Takedown Teague by Shay Savage <— MMA FIGHTER THE “SHAY SAVAGE” WAY ALERT! Back on the list from the last batch of new releases ’cause Paula really liked it! “Caged is very good BUT does have a CH. Not an oh no, but a “I really want to know what happens” one! Book 2 out 4th August and book 3 25th August so not too long to wait but I have read the synopsis of both and they are going to give major feels!“
- Black Dawn (Titan Book 8) by Cristin Harber <— Another from the latest batch of new releases and it’s getting rave reviews too! Denise is loving it! “70% done and all I can say is HOT HOT HOT!” and Cathy agrees! “I started Black Dawn last night and oh my hot holiness!!! Got me women from the get go ..“
- Sacrifice by Adriana Locke <— DEAD-HUSBAND’S BROTHER/TEARJERKER ALERT!! Recent release that is back on the list ’cause Stacey loved it! “Loved, loved, loved, Sacrifice!!!! Been a long time since a book made me cry. Roller coaster of emotions ****sigh****” and Dani agrees! “Sacrifice was AMAZING!!! Best book in a long time. Definitely a 5 * for me”
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie). Okay so MY Matchmaker shows these books in my library with audiobooks that are awesome sounding for super cheap if you already have the ebook:
- Unbeloved: Undeniable, Book 4 by Madeline Sheehan <— If you already have this one in ebook, you can get the audiobook for so cheap!
- Hate to Love You by Elise Alden <— Angsty bad girl had a kid by her sister’s fiancé!! If you have the ebook, the audiobook is bargain priced too!
- The Will by Kristen Ashley <— Already have the ebook? Audiobook is super-bargain priced!
- Bad Things: Tristan & Danika #1 by R.K. Lilley <— Ooooh each one in this trilogy, too!!!! 😀
PRE-ORDERS (This month!!)
- Outside (Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances #1) by Michelle Mankin – July 19th 2015
- Life Before Damaged Vol. 7 (The Ferro Family) (Life Before Damaged (The Ferro Family)) by H.M. Ward – July 20th 2015
- Chaos (Mayhem) by Jamie Shaw – July 21st 2015
- Over The Top (Entangled Brazen) (Maverick Montana) by Rebecca Zanetti – July 21st 2015
- The Reeducation of Savannah McGuire by Heidi McLaughlin – July 21st 2015
- Never Loved: A Dark Obsession Novel by Charlotte Stein – July 21st 2015
- Breaking Her Rules: Beyond the Cage by Jennifer Snow – July 21st 2015
- Scattered Ashes (Shattered Promises, #4) by Jessica Sorensen – expected release date July 21st 2015
- Truth or Beard (Winston Brothers Book 1) by Penny Reid – July 21st 2015
- Vanni: A Prequel (Groupie Book 4) by Ginger Voight – July 24th 2015
- Targeted (Brides of the Kindred Book 15) by Evangeline Anderson – July 24th 2015
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).