- Wardrobe Malfunction by Samantha Towle <— SAMANTHA TOWLE’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! HOLLYWOOD HEARTHROB IS A JERK! And she’s working on the set of his latest movie as a wardrobe assistant. “…Now, Charly has landed the mother of all jobs—working on the new Vaughn West movie. Excited doesn’t even cut it. Only things don’t go as planned, and it turns out that Vaughn is actually a jerk. A hot jerk, but a jerk nonetheless...”
- Goalie (Texas Mutiny Book 3) by M.E. Carter <— LIVE!!! SOCCER STAR ALERT is losing his marriage… “Letting the fame and notoriety go to his head, he lost the things he loved the most… his wife and kids. Now he has one shot to make it right before losing at this relationship game and he’s determined not to miss this time. Mariana has been scarred so deeply by Santos’s betrayals, she will carry the wounds forever...”
- The Woodlands Series by Jen Frederick <— DAMAGED MILITARY HERO ALERT!!! Laura found us this series on sale saying:
“Jen Frederick’s The Woodlands series is currently bargain priced on Amazon (even in Canada!). I read the first book in the series (Undeclared) last night and immediately one clicked the rest of the series. Noah and Grace, the main characters in Undeclared, reminded me a lot of what I loved about Jen Frederick’s characters Daisy and Nikolai, from the Last Hit (with Jessica Clare).Undeclared features a damaged former military hero who doesn’t quite understand why the heroine doesn’t find someone better suited to her. The insecure heroine admires the hero’s self-confidence. Both characters have to work through personal issues and do some maturing to make the their relationship work. Instead of flashbacks, you learn about the characters’ pasts by reading letters they wrote to each other while the hero was deployed.”
25 Friday Finds (most of ’em, super-sales!!). Plus, I’ll be adding to this list throughout the day ’cause I received a BUNCH of awesome feedback and recommendations over the last week (and they’re still coming in), so even though there aren’t many new releases on this one, we have plenty of “tried and true” to choose from!!! 😀
Plus! I have a new review coming up tonight for Open House (tumultuous long-term relationship, and OMG HE TOTALLY had me fuming and thinking OH NO HE DIDN’T!!!!!) You’ll see. 😉
Now… take a look at what we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Yours: A Standalone Contemporary Romance by Jasinda Wilder <— HER HUSBAND DIED & HIS HEART WAS DONATED ALERT!! I love the premise of this one! “…Then his heart, beating in another man’s chest, found its way back to me, and I found myself faced with an impossible choice: hold on to the pain and beauty of the past and the memory of the man I loved, or reach for a bold new future, knowing each heartbeat will be a reminder of all I’ve lost.” And it’s super-bargain priced today.
- Curio and the Curio Vignettes by Cara McKenna <— CARA MCKENNA AWESOMENESS ALERT!! HE’S AN ESCORT & SHE’S A VIRGIN ALERT!! CURIO IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE STORIES (sexy and so unique with a twist!!) & now the whole series had been bundled at a bargain price!!! P.S. Here’s my 4.5 star review, and now I can’t wait to continue the story!!
Sofia: How about the Curio series by Cara McKenna? He’s a Parisian male prostitute, and she falls in love with him. The story plays out over a few books, and alternates her POV then his as the story develops. They are beautiful and heart wrenching 🙂
Stacy: So speaking of male prostitute’s (never thought I’d say that) LOL, there is a book, Curio by Cara McKenna. She is the same author who wrote Willing Victim. A woman visits a French male prostitute and the story is about how their relationship evolves from there. There is alot of dialogue and emotion in this one… This was a really good book!
Virginia: Thanks, Maryse! I’m a dedicated Cara McKenna reader. This price makes it possible for me to finally read Curio…
Maryse: And I have Curio, but was dying to read all of the subsequent releases so I had to one-click this one, too!! 😀 YAY!!!
Saffron: OMG! Cara McKenna is my ABSOLUTE favorite. Thank you for posting this!
- Maddening (Cursed Superheroes Book 2) by Jessica Sorensen <— LIVE!!! SUPERHEROES ALERT!! On her 18th birthday, she discovers something about her power “…Cursed with the power to drive someone to insanity with a simple touch, Heartley now faces a choice. Give into her evil side. Or join a superhero program…“
- The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby Book 3) by Penny Reid & L.H. Cosway <— RUGBY PLAYERS COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!!! And D.G. gives us some awesome feedback on this recent release!
D.G.: Did I ever mention that I crush majorly on certain rugby players??? Well, of course Penny Reid’s new rugby player book was right up my alley! The Cad and the Co-Ed. I do love this series so much! My favorite part is the tweets. Some are so random and just hilarious.
- Venom & Ecstasy (Venom Trilogy Book 2) by S. Williams (Shanora Williams) <— LIVE!!! DARK READ ALERT!! I won’t read the blurb of this one, since it’s part of a trilogy and I don’t wanna spoil it for myself BUT!!! Here is book #1 Passion & Venom (Venom Trilogy Book 1) and it sounds darn good! Her husband is murdered on their wedding day, and she’s kidnapped by a powerful man… “…Soon after, he makes you an offer that you can’t refuse. All you have do is submit to him, and in return you won’t be punished. He will reward you handsomely. But if you disobey, you must be prepared to face the consequences…“
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick <— SHE WISHES SHE COULD BE A PART OF THE FAMILY NEXT DOOR ALERT!!! Oh wow this one sounds right up my heartfelt, deep emotional alley. “…every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them . . . until one summer evening, Jase Garrett climbs her terrace and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love, Jase’s family makes Samantha one of their own. Then in an instant, the bottom drops out of her world and she is suddenly faced with an impossible decision…” AND!!!!!! It is super-bargain priced today and Jean and Amy loved it!
Jean: You guys, I am LOVING the Garretts (My Life Next Door)….this book…..sigh, I LOVE IT!!!! The writing…AMAZING!!!
Amy: Jean, RIGHT?!? I absolutely adore the Garretts!! Their interactions, their devotion to each other, how they absorb the h right into the family…LOVE that book. 😀 AND it’s still on sale!!!
- We Are the Stars by Teagan Hunter <— LIVE!!! HE’S ANGRY & SHE WANTS TO MAKE HIM HAPPY… “I’m restless, on the search for a new adventure, something to make me feel…well, anything. I’m certain I’ll find a permanent fix soon, but in the meantime, I have this summer job and Carsen to keep me going.”
- Brie’s Submission (4-6) (Brie’s Submission Boxed Set Book 2) by Red Phoenix <— LIVE!! SERIES BUNDLE...
- Truly: A New York Novel (The New York Trilogy Series Book 1) by Ruthie Knox <— SHE HATES NY & IT HATES HER BACK… and he’s bitter and wants to be left alone. Sorta. 😉 Jan found us this super-bargain and LOVES it!
Jan: Bargain alert! Ruthie Knox’s Truly… I floved this book, and bk 2, Madly, is coming out (finally!) in March, bk 3, Completely, in June. If you haven’t read Truly, check it out. A slightly quirky and very real CR set in NYC. Can’t wait for the sequels!…A meet-cute in a New York bar when May is down and desperate. Ben and May are so great together in this book. I think I’ve mentioned I’m rereading this one cos the next one in the trilogy is due out soon. It’s a lovely, slightly different CR with not too much angst (for all you angst-haters like me)…
- The Rulebreakers Trilogy by Roya Carmen <— FORBIDDEN-LIKE ARRANGEMENT BETWEEN TWO MARRIED COUPLES ALERT!! Book #1 rocked many of our worlds, and now the trilogy is complete. And Megan just devoured ’em! (P.S. In case you missed it, here’s my 5-star review of the first book).
Megan: Just finished a trilogy that had me riveted from the start. I LOVE trilogies! Two couples meet by chance and decide to swap! The arrangement is very specific: no discussing what the other couple does, no emotional attachments, and a few other “ground rules”. As usual, things don’t always go according to carefully-laid plans, and one of the couples starts to break some of these “ground rules” – with far-reaching consequences for the two families involved. I would REALLY RECOMMEND this series, as you have no idea of how the situation will be resolved… THE GROUND RULES 1, 2, 3 by Roya Carmen.
- Dirty Duet (Found in Oblivion Book 3) by Cari Quinn and Taryn Elliott <— LIVE!! ROCK STAR ALERT!! “Lauren Bryant is a student of psychology, and now she’s going in depth on rockstars. Specifically, fans. What makes a woman turn into a lust-driven groupie?“
- 44 Chapters About 4 Men: A Memoir by B.B. Easton <— LOL!!!! THIS ONE SOUNDS SO FUNNY!! SHE WRITES JOURNAL ENTRIES TO MANIPULATE HER HUSBAND… with *ahem* HINTS… but it doesn’t always go right. *snort* 😛 “Well, guess what? My husband read that sh!t. And guess what else? He upped his f*cking game. Drunk with power and under the dubious advisement of my best friend and colleague, I began testing the limits—crafting journal entries specifically designed to manipulate Ken’s behavior. For the most part, he responded beautifully…except when he didn’t.” And Kristy recommends this one!
Kristy: “Have you read 44 chapters about 4 men by b.b. Easton? I can’t remember if I saw it on the blog or just picked it up on my own but omg…. It’s just amazing. Read the blurb. You’ll love it.”
Sarah: I just read 44 Chapters about 4 Men by B.B Easton. HILARIOUS. I want more from this author.
- Caught Out by Leesa Bow <— LIVE!!! SPORTS STAR SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! She’s a single mom and he once broke her heart… “The break up almost ruined her, but she refused to deny him his dream of playing International cricket for Australia. With her life on track as co-owner of a fashionable restaurant, and supporting her five-year-old son alone, Ava cannot risk falling for his charm a second time…“
- Cold Hearted by Winter Renshaw <— RECENT RELEASE ANGRY HOCKEY STAR ALERT!!! And it’s super-bargain priced. “…I knew why he was so bitter and angry. I knew why he was so cold hearted. But I didn’t know why I let myself fall in love with him. And I didn’t know why I couldn’t stop–even when he told me to. But when the truth came out, I knew I’d lost him for good … until he came back, more cold hearted than ever before.”
- Crown of Lies (Truth and Lies Duet Book 1) by Pepper Winters <— PEPPER WINTERS DARK ROMANCE ALERT!!! Back on the list, ’cause Milissa recommends this recent one… especially to Amy. 😉 P.S. Book #2 (Throne of Truth (Truth and Lies Duet Book 2) is coming out this month!
Milissa: Ok I have read crown of lies Pepper Winter and I can’t wait on the next book!! …So Amy try Crown of Lies The first book Rocked Hard
Chelli: Yes soooo good. She’s def one of my fav authors.
- Prince of Hearts (Elders and Welders Chronicles Book 1) by Margaret Foxe <— REFRESHINGLY GOOD STEAMPUNK ROMANCE/SCI-FI ALERT! KLUTZY SECRETARY WORKS FOR AN INSUFFERABLE BOSS and Danylle says it’s amazing!
Danylle: Refreshingly good steam punk romance … I don’t usually like steampunk romances but Prince of Hearts (Elders and Welders Chronicles book 1) by Margaret Foxe is amazing! This book held my attention throughout the entire story. It’s set in London in 1896 where airships rule the sky and automatons run the tracks at Ascot. The book is about a klutzy, plain girl named Aline who’s the secretary to a famous, but insufferable, criminologist named Romanov. In the beginning of the book she’s finally had enough and tries to quit…
- The Girl Who Came Home: A Novel of the Titanic (P.S.) by Hazel Gaynor <— BOOK FOG ALERT!!! “Chicago, 1982. Adrift after the death of her father, Grace Butler struggles to decide what comes next. When her Great Nana Maggie shares the painful secret she harbored for almost a lifetime about the Titanic, the revelation gives Grace new direction—and leads her and Maggie to unexpected reunions with those they thought lost long ago.” AND my aunt loved it!
“By the way, Maryse, I just finishd a book of which I’m suffering from withdrawals! ” The girl who came home…a novel of the Titanic”. … I LOVED it!! For me, it was a page turner. Such a great way of taking to that time, on that trip!”
- Slide (Boosted Hearts Book 3) by Sherilee Gray <— LIVE!!! STOLEN CAR ROAD TRIP WITH HIS BEST FRIEND’S SISTER ALERT!! “…the last thing he expects to find in the car he’s just boosted is his biggest temptation – his best friend’s little sister. Now he’s on the road trip from hell, and the sexy she-devil riding shotgun is determined to make him sin…“
- Marriage Games (The Games Duet Book 1) by CD Reiss <— SHE WANTS A DIVORCE & HE HAS A PROPOSITION FOR HER…. and Cheryl LOVED this complete duet!
- Echo: A Dark Billionaire Romance (Bleeding Hearts Book 1) by A Zavarelli <— DARK ROMANCE DUET ALERT!! HE’S BLACKMAILING HER FAMILY SO SHE SELLS HERSELF TO HIM FOR 6 MONTHS… “My blackmailer can’t give up his revenge on my family, and I can’t be with him if he doesn’t. But I’m nothing more than a butterfly caught in his net. Do I really have a choice?” AND Marsha is doing her good “book-buddy” duty by recommending this duet!
- Acquisition Series by Celia Aaron <— DARK READ ALERT!!! CRISTINA DEVOURED THEM and I mean just CHECK out this review she left us!!
Cristina: I just read…no wait… I just DEVOURED this entire series in two days flat. If you are in the mood for a dark read, this is definitely it! WARNING! If you have certain triggers this may not be the book series for you, because it is certainly a dark read. Here’s a quick snapshot… “Darkness lurks in the heart of the Louisiana elite, and only one will be able to rule them as Sovereign. Sinclair Vinemont will compete for the title, and has acquired Stella Rousseau for that very purpose. Breaking her is part of the game. Loving her is the most dangerous play of all.”This “elite” is something very similar to a secret society which is ruled by the “Sovereign.” Only certain families are allowed into this society, the main requisite being wealth. But this society is filled with darkness, depravity, and corruption. Every 10 years, a new Sovereign is selected by the current one to rule for the next decade. Three individuals (family first-borns) are selected by the former Sovereign to compete in this process. Each contender must acquire an “Acquisition” to participate in the four trials that occur over the course of a year, and these trials are not for the faint of heart… and I’ll leave it at that. I don’t want to give away too much because it’ll take away from the reading experience, but tbh, when I first read this series (went in blind by the way), I literally stopped after a few pages because it was all kinds of twisted and I didn’t know what to make of it. I was like “Whoa… what is this?” BUT alas… I picked it back up because honestly no other book could hold my attention, and once I got a few more pages in, I was HOOKED!
This series is by far the BEST I’ve read in a very long time. How do I know this? Because right now, I have no gumption to jump into another book. That is my tell.
It gave me the same feels as the “Indebted” series. At times it wasn’t quite as dark as that series, and at other times, it was much darker. If you love these kinds of books, I HIGHLY recommend this series to you! You will not regret it! Bravo Celia Aaron!! I have a serious case of book hangover now… I’m turning in circles, not really sure which book road to take next.
- Mack Daddy by Penelope Ward <— INFURIATING HERO ALERT! YAY I love when they make us mad, and this one is back on the list again ’cause it’s a LAST CHANCE SALE ALERT!! AUTHOR WARNS PRICE IS GOING UP this weekend permanently… (P.S. LOL on Ela’s reaction. She doesn’t mince reactions… *snort* 😉 )
Cheryl: Finished Mack Daddy. Frustrating, enjoyable read.
Ela: …not yet finished but I have to say I REALLY WANT TO HIT MACK UPSIDE THE HEAD WITH HIS ROD REALLY REALLY HARD
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! )
- Wardrobe Malfunction by Samantha Towle – February 18th 2017
- #1 Crush by T. Gephart – February 20th 2017 <— FAMOUS ACTOR ALERT!!! AND OMG… LOL!!!! This one sounds like SO MUCH FUN!! The ultimate “super-fan” fantasy gone wrong? (or right?!!). 😉 “…she just wanted to meet him. Just one time. One time. Confident that just seeing him in the flesh would get him out of her system. So, with her resolve steeled, Tia set off on a quest to make it happen while avoiding her mug shot being splayed across the five o’clock news. The journey no doubt will make for one hell of a story...”
- Nova (The Renegades) by Rebecca Yarros – February 20th 2017
- Sex Says by Max Monroe – February 21st 2017
- Roman: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) by Sawyer Bennett – February 21st 2017
- Damage Control (Dirty Money) by Lisa Renee Jones – February 21st 2017
- Royally Matched (The Royally Series Book 2) by Emma Chase – February 21st 2017
- Going Down Hard (Billionaire Bad Boys Book 3) by Carly Phillips – February 21st 2017
- Pucked Off (A Standalone Romantic Comedy) (The Pucked Series Book 6) by Helena Hunting – February 21st 2017
- Devil in Spring: The Ravenels, Book 3 by Lisa Kleypas – February 21st 2017
- Whisper of Love: Tempest Braden (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor Book 5) by Melissa Foster – February 22nd 2016
- Beard Mode (The Dixie Warden Rejects MC Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale – February 23rd 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).