Mafia, criminals and bad-guys galore in today’s list! But I think we’ve got something for everyone on here. 😉 In fact, so many of ’em that I couldn’t help but post my blurb-jolt mini “highlights” list (below).
In case some of you missed it… I’m still reading my own brand of “bad-guy” (Fearless <— that gritty biker book that is over 800 pages long and put many in our crew in a happy reading-frenzy). I should be done within the next day or so, and nope!! I haven’t squirreled yet. 😀 It IS good. The writing is amazing, it IS gritty and the romantic tension is *whooooooo* right now. Trouble… And Paula just finished it and agrees: “Finished Fearless and loved it – 5* for me and now on to the second one..”
YAY!!! Okay I’m done today’s list (here it is!!) and now it’s time for me to sink back into my bad-ass biker world! 😀
A few blurbs are giving me that coveted *jolt*? EASY!!! ESPECIALLY Ricochet (OMG… his wife is murdered so he exacts revenge by kidnapping the murderer’s wife… and you know how THAT goes). 😉 CONTRITE (it’s back on the list ’cause #2 (Reprisal) is now out, and the fact that her husband is hiding something worries me big time. In a “good book” way). Oh and both Hitched and Whipped have my attention big time. A Vegas series (standalones I believe and in the first, she drunkenly marries a stranger in Vegas – I always LOVE those!! And in the 2nd, her new guy roommate is a Vegas male stripper. YAY!! I love those too). *snort* 😛 And of course Jezebel is back on this list ’cause I squirreled from it before even starting it, for Fearless up there, and I’m DYING to see what the fuss is about with that twist. I. Can’t. Wait!!! Oh and don’t even get me started on how fun Calamity Jena sounds.
*sigh* I think I’m going to need to take those “learn to read super-fast” courses… I want to read TOO many books.
So… pretty much the gist of it today? This list appears to ROCK.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Dirty Deeds (J.J. Graves Mysteries) by Liliana Hart <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- Elude (Eagle Elite Book 6) by Rachel Van Dyken <— JUST RELEASED!! (Here’s the Eagle Elite Series Reading Order)
- Ricochet by Keri Lake <— JUST RELEASED!! HE’S GETTING REVENGE FOR HIS MURDERED WIFE BY KIDNAPPING SOMEONE ELSE’S WIFE… “I’m no longer Nick Ryder. I’m a masked vigilante. Faceless. Loveless. Fearless. A man with nothing left to lose—one who’s seen the dark and violent truth behind the city’s flawless veneer. Michael Culling doesn’t know who I am. Or what I want. All he knows is that I’ve kidnapped his beautiful wife…” <— WHOA!
- Discovering Delilah (Harborside Nights, Book 2) by Melissa Foster <— JUST RELEASED!!
- Brave: A Contemporary MMA Romance (Oni Fighters Book 1) by Natalie Gayle <— JUST RELEASED!!! MMA FIGHTER ALERT!
- Prepared to Fight by E.J. Shortall <— JUST RELEASED!!! MMA FIGHTER ALERT!
- Friends Without Benefits (Stonehill Romance Book 2) by Marci Boudreaux <— JUST RELEASED! The disgraced spouses turn to each other…
- Healing by L Chapman <— JUST RELEASED!! Tragic incident, she becomes a recluse, and then she finally comes out again… “When she comes face to face with the man who saved her, can he save her again?”
- Bury the Hatchet (Tulsa Thunderbirds Book 1) by Catherine Gayle <— DISGRACED HOCKEY STAR & DISGRACED BEAUTY QUEEN ALERT! He said some very bad comments publicly and she had naked photos released… “The marriage is to be in name only—one year of sickeningly-sweet lovey-dovey PDA, all to get their detractors to bury the hatchet…“
- The Black Wolf (In the Company of Killers Book 5) by J.A. Redmerski <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED!! (series reading order)
- Drawn to you by Ker Dukey <— <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED!! SHE WITNESSES A CRIME & BECOMES HIS VICTIM ALERT! “Antonia McNally has a great family, a great boyfriend, and a great future… until she finds herself interrupting a robbery and becoming the victim of a ruthless criminal. When she witnesses brutal murder, abuse and suffers her own traumatizing assault by his hand, her life changes forever.”
- Reprisal (CONTRITE Book 2) by Kathy Coopmans <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED!! I won’t read the blurb ’cause it’s the sequel to #1 (below) and I don’t wanna spoil it for myself.
- CONTRITE by Kathy Coopmans <— AND HERE’S #1!! HER HUSBAND IS HIDING SOMETHING ALERT!!! “Clove Calloway knows within an hour of picking up her husband Turner from the airport that something is different, yet she can’t pinpoint what. Together since college, they know everything about each other… so why has she spent the last few days watching everything he does, hoping for a clue?”
- Whipped (Hitched) by Alex Lux <— SUPER-BARGAIN & HER ROOMATE IS A MALE STRIPPER IN VEGAS ALERT! ” I opened Whipped–a sex toy store. Because sex and Sin City go together like… well, like sex and Sin City. I’ve seen everything–and I mean EVERYTHING–which is why the guy who comes in every week with a new flavor of arm candy buying yet another set of sex toys doesn’t surprise me. But when he becomes my new roommate, well…” CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE!! 😀
- Hitched by Alex Lux <— DRUNKEN VEGAS MARRIAGE TO A STRANGER ALERT! And here’s #1 (also a standalone) and OMG I GOTTA READ these Vegas books! LOL!! “I don’t remember marrying him. And now, he won’t let me go. Dr. Sexy who saves children for a living. He wants the summer to prove we are meant to be…“
- Jade Calhoun Series Boxed Set (Books 1-3) by Amanda Chase <— QUIRKY & HILARIOUS ALERT! Jessica recommends ’em! “I am hooked on DeAnna Chase and Amanda M Lee’s paranormal quirky books, their entire series are just hysterical, google them or go into Amazon and they will pop up, Ghosts of Bourbon Street etc. they characters are absolutely hilarious!“
- Calamity Jena (Invertary Book 4) by janet elizabeth henderson <— SOUNDS HILARIOUS & FUN ALERT!! Brought to our attention as a “reader question” who was looking for this title, and now I just gotta read this. She finds her mobster bf cheating on her, so she gets drunk and buys a house in Scotland online to get away from him. When she get’s there, it’s a mess! LOL! But… she’s even more of a mess, it seems. “Since Jena’s arrival in town, Officer Matt Donaldson’s workload has tripled. The woman is a menace, gorgeous yes, but definitely a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Her only discernible skill seems to be causing chaos wherever she goes…“
- Jezebel by K. Larsen <— WTF TWIST & THEY’RE GONNA GANG UP ON ME TO READ IT NOW ALERT!!! *squirrel* 😉 Back on the list ’cause our crew is back to loving it now that it’s available again. Jean: “Just finished Jezebel! Amy and Cheryl, that was more than a wtf moment!!! My head is spinning! Should I read the novella??? Oh my gosh, I just can’t believe it…… did not see that coming at all! Ahhhhhh!!!!”
- Lying in Wait: A Companion Novella to Jezebel by K. Larsen <— And here’s #2, that Jean just finished too and she’s going crazy! “I read the novella last night and then I couldn’t fall asleep because my mind wouldn’t stop processing it all! I loved it! We need to gang up on Maryse to read it! I would love to see her reaction and review of this story. I’m talking about Jezabel and the novella, Laying In Wait. Please, please, please Maryse, I am being you to read it! Is it on your TBR list? Soooooo great!!!“”
- Tiny Beautiful Things: Advice on Love and Life from Dear Sugar by Cheryl Strayed <— PROFOUND AND TOUCHING ALERT!! bev found us this one saying: “Has anyone read Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed? It is some of the letters and answers she gave writing an advice as Dear Sugar. Its a great book. Beautiful and sad , heartbreaking and hopeful, fierce. Any one of the letters was on making the decision to have children or not. I can’t remember exactly what she said but she referred to a poem that was about how the poet saw his house how it would of been if he chose another life. This parallel ghost life. How we can’t know what it would be, better or not, but we all have it. I don’t know, not saying it right but it was a wonderful piece. The whole book is.“
- Melt For Him (Entangled Brazen) (Fighting Fire Book 2) by Lauren Blakely <— SUPER-BARGAIN!! HE’S A FIREMAN/BAR OWNER & SHE’S HIS BEST FRIEND’S SISTER… “e’s her brother’s friend…and a fireman. She knows she’s going to get burned, but keeping their hands off each other is easier said than done…”
- Paper Towns by John Green <— JOHN GREEN ALERT!! Bargain priced And SOUNDS CRAZY FUN!! He’s loved her for forever, and she asks him to help her get revenge. Then she disappears… but leaves clues as to where to find her. “…summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows. When their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Margo has disappeared. But Q soon learns that there are clues—and they’re for him. Embarking on an exhilarating adventure to find her, the closer Q gets, the less he sees the girl he thought he knew.”
- Looking for Alaska by John Green <— JOHN GREEN ALERT AGAIN and this one is bargain priced too!! “He heads off to the sometimes crazy and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young…“
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green <— JOHN GREEN ALERT AGAIN and this one is bargain priced too!! And of course perpetually on my TBR LIST ’cause I’m an absolute chicken. And no I haven’t watched the movie, either…
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie). Okay so MY Matchmaker shows these books in my library with audiobooks that are awesome sounding for super cheap if you already have the ebook:
- The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT highly recommended by Sadie!!! SUPER-CHEAP bargain ebook, and you can get the audiobook for super-cheap too, if you already have the ebook (via Amazon’s “Whispersync” ebook/audiobook deal”. AND I MEAN SUPER-CHEAP!
- Fixed on You by Laurelin Paige <— The ebook is free right now, and so if you have the ebook, the audiobook is SUPER-BARGAIN priced. And it’s a full length book, too!
- Throb by VI Keeland <— Have the bargain priced ebook of this super popular one? Guess what? The audiobook is EVEN CHEAPER!!!
- Bang by E.K. Blair <— same thing with this one!! Bargain priced e-book, and if you have that… you can get the audiobook for even cheaper!!
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker <— And THIS one, via ebook is STILL at that crazy never-before-seen practically free price on Amazon. If you have it, you can get the ebook for super-bargain priced too. AH-MAZING!!!
- Fallen Crest High: Fallen Crest Series, Book 1 by Tijan <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE COME ON!! LOL! HOLY MOLY it’s SO CHEAP!!!!!!!!! The audiobook version is available via Amazon’s “whisper sync” (meaning if you already have the Kindle book, you can get the audio for SUPER-CHEAP!!!) and considering the book version is free… OMG). MINE. Totally one-clicked this. Now… and I gonna read it, or listen to it? No matter what, I HAVE TO get this series under my belt. Melanie just reminded me saying: “Maryse, I was getting up to date on my news feeds, and read that Tijan is really close to publishing the next book in the Fallen Crest Series. That’s when it got me thinking back to your TBR list and recalled this wasn’t on it. You HAVE to bump this up on your list somewhere so you can join Team Mason.” Yep. I think I have peanuts in my hair again…
PRE-ORDERS (This month!!)
- Caged: Takedown Teague by Shay Savage <— July 14th 2015!! UNDERGROUND NO-HOLDS BARRED CAGE FIGHTER by Shay Savage!!! “Yet, when she began standing outside of the cage, everything changed…” and Sally says: “If you love this authors writing as much as I do then you know NOBODY writes a male POV like she does.“
- Bleeding Love by Harper Sloan <— July 14th 2015!!
- The Espionage Effect by Kat Bastion & Stone Bastion – July 14th 2015
- King of Hearts by L.H. Cosway <— JULY 16th 2015!
- Sinfully Mine by Kendall Ryan <— July 14th 2015
- Life Before Damaged Vol. 7 (The Ferro Family) (Life Before Damaged (The Ferro Family)) by H.M. Ward
- Again (Fate Book 4) by Elizabeth Reyes <— August 14th 2015
- Vagrant (Condemned Book 4) by Gemma James – August 18th 2015
- #Poser (Hashtag Series Book 5) by Cambria Hebert – August 18th 2015
- Rule (A Mafia Romance) (The Corruption Series Book 3) by C.D. Reiss <— August 27th 2015
- Sexy by J.A. Huss <— STRIPPER ALERT!! September 9th 2015