<—- Okay I’m totally cheating ’cause this one’s not coming out just yet (sorry!!!!) but Kristen Ashley JUST posted this surprise release/preorder yesterday: Hold On (The ‘Burg Series Book 6) <— and I really think it needs to be highlighted. 😉
And… I haven’t started anything yet, after my love-fest with the delightfully-contraversial “Asking For It” by Lilah Pace (<— my review) but I think, next for me will be Amber to Ashes: Part One in the Torn Hearts Series (The Torn Heart Series Book 1) <— I hear this one is SUPER-angsty and very close to the author’s heart. I loved her past love-triangle “Collide” so I’m excited about this. It’ll be out this Tuesday, but I have a big brick of a print book ARC right here in my hands, so I’m gonna try to go “old-school” and read an actual book. LOL!
But!!! There’s THIS list below that I can choose from (YAY ME!!) AND… I’m open to “must-read!!” suggestions, and in fact, will be making my latest TBR list public in the next couple of days. 😀 So let’s see if you guys have anything I just have to read. *winces and expects an influx of peanuts <—*ahem* 😛 to be thrown at her*…
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Better When It Hurts (Stripped Book 2) by Skye Warren <— JUST RELEASED, SHE’S A STRIPPER & ONE OF MY FAV AUTHORS ALERT!! The authors told me… “Better When It Hurts is the second book in the Stripped series, though it does stand alone. It’s about a girl working at a strip club and her foster brother who’s back for revenge. This one’s extremely filthy hot, but it’s also about betrayal, redemption, and second chances.“
- Double Tap (Code 11- KPD SWAT Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale <— JUST RELEASED & MILITARY MAN/SHE’S STILL TOO YOUNG & TONS OF GREAT REVIEWS ALREADY! WHOA it sounds romantically angsty!!! Gah… maybe I wanna start this one!?? So he falls in love, she’s too young so he joins the military until she’s older and he can come back to her. But she leaves… he looks for her… bad stuff happens I think! But… “it takes her years to return, and in those years, Nico changes, too. He’s seen too much. Done too much. Lost too much. He lives his life as a SWAT officer for KPD, goes through the motions of everyday life, but only as half a man. And not even the good half. The US military saw to that.“
- Infinite Dolls by Emalynne Wilder <— JUST RELEASED & WANTS TO MAKE MY HEART ACHE ALREADY ALERT!! She’s dying before her 21st birthday… her father is over-protective and… “Everly longs for connection and freedom she has never been allowed due to her dad’s controlling routine. Time ticking away she begins to defy his rules and make up her own. One star-crossed meeting grants Everly her greatest desire when she befriends Callum Trovatto, a grief-stricken med student needful of his own blissful upswing in the wake of his mother’s death.” WHOA. Full length book + super-super-bargain priced!!!
- Jezebel by K. Larsen <— JUST RELEASED & POSSIBLY UNPUTDOWNABLE ALERT!! Brenda wants us to read it, saying: “Don’t forget Jezebel by K Larsen. Omg!!! It was so good! I read all day. Could not put it down!” and OMG IT SOUNDS PERFECT!! GAH i’m totally *squirreling* even worse now. “30 years of affection.
10 years of soul shattering love.
8 years of happy employment.
2 months of turmoil.
1 week of truth.
A lifetime of betrayal.Would you have seen it coming?Annabelle Fortin landed herself in a bit of trouble. Mandated to community service at an assisted living facility for early onset dementia she meets Jezebel, one of the residents. This is the story that unfolds over the course of Annabelle’s court ordered six month sentence. Nothing is what it seems.“
- My Skylar by Penelope Ward <— SUPER-bargain priced today and Dina says: “OMG “My Skylar ” is AMAZINGGGGGGGG I cant put it down! Ahhhhh READ IT:)” wow… sounds angsty!! “I thought I’d never see her again. But now she’s back…and living with him…” and Jean agrees! “My Skylar!!!!! An all time favorite!! Will never forget it!”
- True North (The True Series) by Liora Blake <— ROCK STAR & AUTHOR ALERT!!! MichelleS is loving it! “I’m at 6% in for True North and loving it already. I have highlighted all over!!! It’s her POV… but, it shows her personality not just her thoughts, which I ADORE. I think I’m gonna love it….. yay….. thank you Bev… okay back to it because it’s that good so far!” (and book #2 will be out in just a couple of weeks!)
- Own the Wind: A Chaos Novel by Kristen Ashley <— KA BIKER BOOK ALERT!!! Lauren found us this deal!! I 4.5-starred this Kristen Ashley biker bad-boy and it’s on super-sale today (my review).
- Where Sea Meets Sky: A Novel by Karina Halle <— RECENT RELEASE SUPER SALE from one of my FAVORITE AUTHORS IN THE WORLD!!!! He meets a tourist and falls hard, but she has to go home… “He can’t get Gemma out of his head, even after she has left for home, and finds himself throwing caution to the wind for the first time in his life. It’s not long before Josh is headed to New Zealand with only a backpack, some cash, and Gemma’s name to go on. But when he finally tracks her down, he finds his adventure is only just beginning…“
- After Hours: (InterMix) by Cara McKenna <— STILL on super-sale and STILL magnificent!!!! A must read for everyone here, because I can’t imagine anyone NOT loving it. I swear I believe it’s true!!! (here’s my review)
- Love Square: The Series by Jessica Intro <— MARRIAGE TROUBLE SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! The ENTIRE angsty “love triangle/marriage troubles” bundled in one! And at a rock bottom price, at that!!!
- The Mason List by S.D. Hendrickson <— SO FREAKING GOOD ALERT!!! One of my favorites and it’s on SUPER-DUPER-BARGAIN!!!!!! (my review)
- Third Debt (Indebted Book 4) by Pepper Winters <— DARK READ EVERYONE LOVES ALERT!!! And Nicole is bringing this series back! “This may have been discussed, but….I just finished the fourth book in The Indebted Series by Pepper Winters and it is amazing !! It’s a dark read, so beware. Think Dark Duet Series by C.J. Roberts mixed with The Consequences Series by Aleatha Romig !!! Can’t wait for the next two books !”
- Hold My Heart (The Heart Series Book 1) by Esther M. Soto <— Lea found us this bargain and recommends it! “Hold My Heart by Esther M Soto is on sale… If you’re looking for something kinda different, scoop this up. The heroine is badass, and the story is sexy and sweet, and filled with suspense.”
- Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold by Ellen O’Connell <— HISTORICAL ALERT and one of our queens of historical bev, enjoyed this one! “Eyes of Silver Eyes of Gold. This I love. I can see the faults but I loved it.”
- The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn <— IT’S MAKING MY MOM SNORT ALERT!!! I’m literally watching my mom, right now, snort and giggle her butt off, as she reads this. Tee hee!!! I finally asked her, “What are you laughing at?!!” and she said “that virgin author!!” LOL!!! Yes…. and she hasn’t even gotten to the waxing scene yet. *snort* 😛 (my review)
- Come Dancing (The Jack and Julia Series Book 1) by Leslie Wells <— ROCK STAR ALERT! bev also recommends THIS series! “Leslie Wells has three rockstar books out. They are connected. 2 novels and a Christmas novella in between. Come Dancing is the first book. I wanted the heroine to not be so laid back, ask questions. But I liked her and the book. Great sense of time and place… a great deal. It doesn’t end on a ch but can see why she wrote a sequel, haven’t but will read.” Plus!!! It’s a full length book and super-bargain priced! *wheeeeeee!!!!*
- Keep Dancing (The Jack and Julia Series Book 2) by Leslie Wells <— Here’s #2 and it has great reviews (and also super-bargain priced!!)
- Dancing with Mistletoe: A Holiday Story by Leslie Wells <— and this one!! 😀
- Going the Distance by Julianna Keyes <— ANOTHER BEV ALERT!!! and bev wishes we’d read this one!! Why? Well because… “…the book that snuck up on me. I’d love if some one else read this and told me what they thought.” Okay… now I’m curious and gotta check out this blurb. “Olivia Clarke’s fall from pretty, perfect, and popular happened in an instant. With her life in tatters, she impulsively accepts a teaching job in the small city of Lazhou, China. Three months in, she’s ready to admit she made a huge mistake. She doesn’t speak Mandarin, the teachers at her school refuse to include her in anything, and she spends her nights watching counterfeit DVDs in her twin bed. Alone.” And then she meets an ex-military man (interrogator!!) that is over there, too…
- Time Served <— JUST GOT OUT OF PRISON ALERT!! By the same author and another blurb that has me excited!! She left her small town, AND him to make something of herself “I left. Him, my mom, and the trailer park. Without so much as a goodbye. Now Dean’s back, crashing uninvited into my carefully cultivated, neat little lawyerly life. Eight years behind bars have turned him rougher and bigger—and more sexually demanding than any man I’ve ever met. I can’t deny him anything…and that just might end up costing me everything.“
- Filthy Marcellos: Lucian by Bethany-Kris <— ITALIAN MAFIA ALERT!!! Lauren is nuts for this one! “I’d read anything Bethany-Kris writes. I love her books! The Filthy Marcellos series is so good but her best is the Russian Guns series. Best Russian Mafia books I’ve ever read!!!!”
- Finding Me (His Series Book 3) by Mariah Dietz <— JUST RELEASED!!!
- Dance for Me (Forbidden Trilogy Book 1) <— SUPER-BARGAIN & GREAT REVIEWS/STRIPPER ALERT! “Learning to stand on my own two feet has been a challenge, but I’m making it… my way. I make no apologies for the path I’ve chosen. My choices have served me well, but no one knows the real me. Except one man…“
- Opulence (The Excess Series Book 1) by Angelica Chase <— WEALTHY BUT BAD (DANGEROUS?) MARRIAGE ALERT! Okay this looks SO good! Super-bargain priced and an exciting blurb. It’s listed as a thriller… she’s SUPER wealthy by her own design, but lonely as heck. OH YES!!!! “Devin McIntyre, the most dangerous shark of them all, was the last nail in my naïve coffin. His beautiful smile and amazing c*ck tainted me in ways I could have never imagined. I craved him. I needed him. I loved him. Miserable with the outcome of my prosperity, I set out to change what disgusted me most—the first decision being to rid myself of Devin. Little did I know that taking that first step would make me a slave to a man far more tempting … or that my addiction to Devin would threaten to ruin it all.“
- Reverence (The Excess Series Book 2) by Angelica Chase <— Here’s #2!!!
- Hindrance (The Excess Series Book 3) by Angelica Chase <— And here’s #3 that was just released a couple of weeks ago!!! I may need to get lost in this one… 😀
- The Traveler by Melissa Delport <— Jean found us this one on super-duper-sale! Sounds like a post-apocalyptic one! “Dex is back, but this time he is not alone. He has brought a formidable army – their sole purpose to conquer. Fate will bring Rachel and Dex back together, but on opposing sides of a war that threatens to obliterate her world…“
- Empathy by Ker Dukey <— SUPER-DARK READ ALERT!!! Jean found us this one at a super-bargain price and believe me…. those that love dark reads all appear to LOVE this one!
- Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume <— BLAST FROM OUR CHILDHOOD PAST ALERT!! OMG!!!! THIS Judy Blume book CLASSIC is on super-sale today. Gah! I have to one-click it. I must have this again!!! Other than Beautiful Disaster, this is the only other book I had ever re-read over and over again.
Melanie: I LOVED this book! I remember thinking that it was kind of naughty because it talked about periods. Lol.
Diana: “I must, I must, I must improve my bust!!” <~ who could forget that?!!! Classic!
Maryse’s Book Blog: LOL!!!!!! YESSSS every time i think of this book, I remember that chant. wink emoticon
Isabelle: OMG BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!! I totally tried the bust thing!
Megan: Wonderful book that captures adolescence. I identified with her existential crisis. One of my favorites.
Sally: Omg THIS book!! And I STILL do “I must I must I must increase my bust”
Nikee: I read this probably 50x as a kid!!!!
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! ——> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (This month!!)
- Amber to Ashes: Part One in the Torn Hearts Series (The Torn Heart Series Book 1) by Gail McHugh – June 9th 2015
- Never Let You Go (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery – June 12th 2015
- King by T.M Frazier <— June 15th 2015
- BLUE by H.J. Bellus <— June 16th 2015
- Beneath These Chains (Beneath Series Book 3) by Meghan March <— June 16th 2015
- Grey: Fifty Shades of Grey as Told by Christian by E.L. James <— June 18th 2015
- True Devotion (The True Series) by Liora Blake – June 22nd 2015
- The Girl I Was Before (The Falling Series Book 3) by Ginger Scott – June 23rd 2015
- Sins of the Innocent: A Novella by Jamie McGuire – June 28th 2015
- The Rocker Who Hates Me (The Rocker… Book 10) by Terri Anne Browning – July 6th 2015
- Racing the Sun: A Novel by Karina Halle – July 28th 2015
- Fourth Debt (Indebted Book 5) by Pepper Winters – August 11th 2015
- Heart-Shaped Hack by Tracey Garvis-Graves <— August 26th 2015
- Hold On (The ‘Burg Series Book 6) by Kristen Ashley – September 1st 2015
- True Divide (The True Series Book 3) by Liora Blake – October 19th 2015
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
First Chance is the first book in the Rock Romance Series and is currently free.
The story follows a college student with a broken past and a rock star that always gets what he wants.
I gave this and the entire series 5 stars.
Amber to Ashes looks really good, and I loved Collide too. I guess that’s on my tbr after it comes out list. You know my thoughts on the Indebted series. I’m so glad more people are finding and loving it. And! The next is out in August. Like a happy, belated birthday present for me! *squee*
All PNR fans, Margarita Gakis’ Covencraft series is good. Its a series, but each has a mystery that is figured out by the end of each book. I’m on book 2.5 Carnival Moon, and I’m loving it.
Infinite Dolls may not have any reviews yet but I’m willing to guinea pig it this weekend after I finish Normal. That blurb… *oomph*
I need to read that Virgin book, especially after you said there was a “waxing” scene in it…I’ve had so many waxing mishaps over the years that I can only imagine what that scene entails! 😛
*grabs peanut and bounces it in hand* <—– yes, I said PEANUT 😛
What was that one book full of jerks and drama and heartache and was really good…oh yeah, Therapy!!!
*throws peanut at Maryse*
Although I can't really talk 'cause (*whispering*) I haven't read After Hours yet. 😉
I swear I turn into a giggling 12 year old when I see peanuts on here.
Girl scout honor, last time I’ll throw peanuts or wave it in Maryse’s face. I’ll pinky swear, cause can’t break a pinky swear.
Eleanor * throws peanut* & *throws peanut* Park *throws peanut*
Just think you’d love it.:-D
Ok. *holds out pinky*
haha bev!! I was gonna mention that one… 😉
And Tessa’s book husband. I KNEW those would be two peanuts to my head. Peanuts. Tee hee!!!
Nope. You and peanuts are too fun. Not gonna let you swear.
Amy, she almost read Original Crowd. Push for that so she can finally read Fallen Crest High and meet my Book Husband!
I’m jealous you got Amber to Ashes Maryse! I loved the Collide series!
My Skylar!!!!! An all time favorite!! Will never forget it!
Infinite Dolls? Um I don’t think so…… Amy you can be the GP for that one!
*throws E&P peanut from Bev’s stash at Maryse*
Ooh!! Fallen Crest High! *throws another peanut*
Oooo to many!!! I loved WIR btw everyone then read the second one was going to start bison in silver but the price scared me off so I am just starting first grave on the right by darynda Jones anyone read it? *eats peanut from maryse’s shoulder*
Hey Jean, do you have the number for Maryse’s behavior Dom? ‘Cause she is just having toooooo much fun telling us how she has books we can’t get our hands on yet such as Amber to Ashes and Maybe In Another Life.
Yeah I said it, Maryse!!! *pblltttt*
Laura! Read Pierced by J.C. Mells… *throws peanut at Laura*
Amy read after hours *throws peanut at amy*
Blahahaha Amy! I don’t know where the book doms have been lately because I think we’ve all been really out of control!
I haven’t read the Fallen Crest series yet…. and I need to get that Virgin Author book, especially with Maryse’s mom’s reaction!!
Is anyone still thinking about Asking For It after our BR?? Having a hard time moving on, but I think i might try the Wild Side Series this weekend since I already know I love the author! Or maybe something else…haha… obviously….
Laura, Happy Dance!!♡♡
Bev, step ball change annnnnd spirt fingers!!!!
Just to let you Dusty and Delinquents by Mary Elizabeth are free on Amazon!
Laura, full on jazz hands.
Poor Maryse. Lol. That could be one of your lists, your most rec’d.
What are u reading right now maryse?
Wild Side!!! That was another one I went a little bonkers over!
*** incoming peanuts Amy… Surviving Rain **** and no, that’s not the story of Texas weather! Right, Fabi?
I can’t read for a few days with graduation craziness, makes me sad because True North is amazing. Boo for me.
WAIT a minute….. Amy hasn’t read After Hours???? **** handful of peanuts ***** take that *** and that **** and that **** OMG. That’s a total no brainer. Do you or do you not have a vagina? Okay – then read AH and let the clenching begin,,,,,
Haha MichelleS! I agree After Hours was great!
And she still has to read Surviving Rain….just sayin’.…..
I am SOoooooo throwing peanuts at you if Love *throws peanut at Maryse* In *throws peanut at Maryse* Rewind *throws peanut at Maryse* is not on your Must Read ASAP TBR!!!
OMG .. she is coming for me ** TAKE COVER**
nanny nanny foo foo.. you missed me.. ** eeeeeeeek** 😛
I have been begging you to read it since Fo-evahhhh!! If I’m not wrong I recommended it as a must read the moment I finished the book and that was May LAST year!! ** grabs more peanuts **
and there are 80’s songs in the book.. who doesn’t love the 80’s?? Push it by Salt’n Peppa come onn.. Push it reaal good… LOL
Alpha by Jasinda Wilder is $.99 right now. It’s the one where the girl gets $10,000 checks in the mail every month with YOU written in the notes line. Then, after a year, a guy shows up in a limo & say, “it’s time to pay your debt”.
That one sounds AWESOME Lauren!!!
OMG YOU GUYS. I am SO making the “peanut” list. YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME BIG TIME. 😀 *waggles eyebrows*
And I’m not the only peanut receiver that’s gonna be on it.
Y’all… yep. You’re on it.
Just sayin’ 😛
Starts throwin’ peanuts, girls.
I mean… 😯
yah. No. I had it right the first time. *smirks at Amy*
“Do you or do you not have a vagina” <—— OMG MichelleS, you went there!!! Clenching?!? LOL!!!!!
*ducks in kitchen from flying peanuts* Y'all aren't getting any of these hot pink cougar martinis if you don't knock it off!!! Don't make me come out there!
Oooh, Jean! SR, really? Okay…you asked for it… *nails Jean with peanut* Sweet Gum Tree! Sound familiar? Huh???
*smirks right back at Maryse* Yeah, okay…so says the PEANUT RECEIVER… *cackling*
You said it first!! 😛
*ducks from random peanut*
…I know those Dusty books are Twilight fanfic, but is that Robert Pattinson on the cover of the original release? Just curious…
Ouch Amy!! You guys are cracking me up!
Couple sales I came across today for .99$….. The Mason List by S.D. Hendrickson (which I haven’t read yet), The Traveler by Melissa Delport (anyone read this one?), and Empathy by Ker Dukey.
*throws peanut at Bev*
You need to read Pierced as well, Bev…shifters, magic, random vamps… 😉
Don’t forget Jezebel by K Larsen. Omg!!! It was so good! I read all day. Could not put it down!
The Mason List is great, Jean! I have the other two but haven’t read them yet. I don’t think… 😕
I also have Love In Rewind but haven’t read it…and right about now I’m hoping that Lee up there doesn’t notice my comment ’cause she’s a wild one! 😛
OMG JEAN!!!!!!! I’m adding The Mason LIST
THAT BOOK ROCKS!!!!!!!
Throws peanut at everyone that hasn’t read it yet!!!!!!
Can you believe my own blog tells me I’m commenting too fast and to slow down? *gasp*
who would have known?? Peanuts hurt!! damn it .. all that fire because I havent read the Mason List…?? geeez Maryse .. LOL
PS. Amy .. I got my eyes on youuuu…. teehhee 😛
My rudeness knows no bounds.
I’m used to getting peanuts thrown at me with this crew. 😉
You’ll get a hard head soon enough, Lee.
Pretty sure it is Rob
Oh and I haven’t read the Mason List either!
Gosh that peanut hurt!!
actually the ” soooo rude” was about your blog telling you to slow down.. but it’s good to know 😀 😀 😀 😛
LOL I just saw MichelleS TOTALLY “went there”. She said clenching!!!!!
Ouch… wait!!! I read it. I don’t need a peanut for that one. 😀
Amy I have to read “Love in Rewind” like ASAP!!!
Maybe we’ll buddy read.
Did you guys see bev’s one simple but so poignant comment?!! 😛
** HAPPY DANCE*** whoop whoop *hands in the air*
Starts break dancing and rapping..
” yo!yo! Maryse is reading Love in Rewind
Peace and love!! yo!! ”
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
( that was so embarrassing.. but Im so clicking submit)
Wait, we get to throw peanuts about EVERY book we’ve told you to read. *goes and grabs a HUGE bag*
*throws peanut* Fallen Crest High! *throws another* The rest of the Up in the Air series! *And yet another* Gus! Dude, read it already! *And another* The whole Indebted series to date. *and… ducks*
Ouch MichelleS! What After Hours?
Oooh, Jean. Empathy was super good, but the second, I couldn’t.
Yeah, I saw Bev’s “dirty” comment up there…which is why she got a Pierced peanut!!
I’ll buddy read Love In Rewind with ya Maryse, just let me know when…oh crap, here comes another peanut from Lee for LIR! *pulls Maryse out of the way*
You said hard head… 😛
And I just said Pierced peanut…
Ha! Another comment…keep up with that, RUDE blog!! 😛
Tessa, what was wrong with the second book…Desolate, right? *sigh* Gus.
*walks around with mouth open catching random peanuts*
Gotta love Fridays around here.
Jean I read The Traveler by Melissa Delport over a year ago I think. It’s a sci fi. I liked it but it felt like it needed a continuation and I dont think one ever came out.
hahahah Amy.. pierced *snort*
I wanna buddy read too ** pouting **..
** whispers with creepy voice** mostly to throw peanuts at you two if you start claiming ma man!!
It was a personal trigger. Nothing wrong with the writing or story at that point. There was detailed mention of mentally messing with people’s mental issues, and it just left me feeling ucky. I even cheated and read the ending, because I really wanted to know how it ended, but those scenes… Nope. Can’t.
*throws some peanuts to Fabi’s mouth* Here you go!
Bizarre Life of Sydney Sedrick by Mandi Casey is free right now. I had it in my wish list. *grins* Got Mason’s List too.
*points to Lee* You started it! Wait… what are we buddy reading?
*slowly and carefully hands martini to Lee*
H-h-how about a drink, Lee? We won’t be stealing your man…we share our book guys around here. *waggles eyebrows*
Ah, okay…got it and understand, Tessa. And we were talking about buddy reading Love In Rewind! 😀
Fabi, you didn’t know what you were walking into, did ya? 😉
*writes Therapy on peanut* Hey Maryse, I got a peanut for your friend Sherry to throw at you! 😛
wait WHAT?? Tessa whh…whhy arrre are you pointing at me??
*hides* I didnt do anything.. Lee is innocent.. NOT!! #LOL
Amy.. i LOVE martini.. *sip.. sip *gulp*
😀 😀 😀 😀
*dodges peanut* pierced shifters magic stuff? Wait that sentence looks bad without the apostrophes 😀 *points at amy* she did it *runs…….*
I totally did say that Amy. I totally did.
Peanuts are yummy!!! 😀
Okay, I just one clicked 5 of the above books, I’m in a book funk again
But I can’t buddy read that! I gotta read Double Sided Witch because it’s insanely good. Also, we find out who Lily is here! This is important stuffs! I want to know who Lily is and the mystery of the lake!
Check out this new release Maryse called Wrong by LP Lovell and Stevie Cole. Has great reviews but I think its a CH though. Cant decide what to start next.
Ok so you all know it’s 23.46pm here right? So I’m going to curl up in that corner over there and sleep cause it’s Friday and I’m so badass going to sleep at this time I can trust I will be guarded from the peanuts right? It’s no fair! Your all just starting your night I wanna stay!! *cries to sleep in said corner*
Tessa.. yes, you can!! Yes, you can!!
wait… am I quoting Obama right now?? o.O
pssssshh.. it’s time to sleep Lee 😀 😀 😀
*puts peanuts in a bowl next to sleeping Lauren* That’ll protect her.
Lee… Nope. I found this random… okay. Michelle posted a freebie of the short story on this random book, and I read the first, because that day it was on sale for 99 cents. Now, I’m hooked. I’m bummed this is the last one out so far. However, she mentioned who Lily is. *ooooo* However, I’m still confused, though I think the bad thing is rather obvious because of her lizard. Yeah… it’s that good. Still have to figure the Lake though. And what happened to Lily!
😀 Nini Lee!
Maryse…nah…you didn’t say that…
You DID!!! BAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Making peanut butter with my Love in rewind nuts, and E&P nuts.
Mason List was great. Dodged that peanut bullet! Haha
Okay, right Laura…you point the finger at me then run off and go to sleep! *sigh* Fine…nighty-night Laura. 😉
Lee…where are you at that you’re going to sleep as well?
You need to read Pierced as well, Bev…shifters, magic, random vamps… YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION. Adding that one.
Whoa. Stop. Stop. Stop.
Back this crazy train up.
” Love in rewind nuts” *blink blink* did MichelleS actually said that?? LOL!!
errrrrrrrrr…Amy .. I live in Narnia (better known as South Africa) and it’s 1:06 AM but I’m ignoring that because the comment/throw peanut/Friday party at Maryse’s is too fun.. and since its friday err o.O Was friday and i dont work tomorrow..today!! Geeezzzz 😀 😀 😀 😀
Yay LEE!!!! Live it up my friend. And so many book-lovers from South Africa!!! I love that!
Ooh, are we singing to Allen Toussaint?
Yes, MichelleS…it is a REALLY GOOD series that hasn’t gotten enough attention. Probably ’cause I rec’d it and y’all get scared when I do that. *snort* But seriously, it has a sloooooooowwww burn/sexual tension that lasts until the last book, but it is so worth it. There are three books and a novella (#1.5 I think, the story before Pierced). The only complaint I had that I can remember is the two Mildreds in her head which kinda annoyed me at times, but that was just me. I’d love to hear what you and Bev think of it!
*whooping* Bev is pulling out the big guns now with the caps!! 😛
*more whooping* Lee is staying up with us! 😀
** slowly clapping and tapping.. **
DJ Bev in da house!!
Lee that is so cool that you’re in Narnia! Whooop! International party at Maryse’s tonight.
LOL!!!! I’m inviting more to our peanut party!
You ladies do make me laugh 🙂
Peanuts galore in here tonight, think I’ll keep quiet about what I’m yet to read *hides behind blanket and hopes no one sees me*
Pierced has me intrigued, who’s the author?
As I’ve just tried to find it on goodreads and instead stumbled across a book named ‘Simon’s pierced cockslave’ WHAT A TITLE!!!
Running to buy After Hours…
So cool. South Africa, The Netherlands, Australia, England, and of course Scotland.
I can’t wait to see this list, lol.
Of course Written in Red will be on top in bold. Maybe pink and glittery. 😉
Then E&P. They’d sneer at pink and glitter.
What else? Love in….*throws over shoulder*
What’s that, Tessa? “Fallen Cre..”
* Puts hands over ears*
Lalalalal I can’t hear you
Amy, that looks good. I’ll have to add it to my tbr.
*screams and runs for cover* *throws a really big peanut at Maryse from hidey hole and shouts Written in Red*
Is E&P eleanor and park? If so, I’d like to join in. Also, I have been telling maryse to read “the kind worth killing” forever so I’ll throw some peanuts for them. Reading Love in Rewind now so jury is out on that one. Lol you guys are hilarious.
Did anyone notice that Laura said *spirt*
I know… I’m slow to this party… 😉
Well, Maryse, being slow from ducking a rain of peanuts is perfectly understandable. *snicker*
I’ve got the most peanut pelts!!!!!
Er… or should that be welts? *snort* OMG I said pelts!!!!!!! 😛
GAH!!! I love peanut night!
It’s the accent.
LOL!!!! Yes. The “accent” 😉
Um yeah “peanut” pelts is right there with “clenching”
*snorts cougar martini through nose* <—— freaking waste of a good drink
That title LaurenB!!!! LOL!!!!!!
No, it's definitely not that one…it's by J.C. Mells and really is good. The guy on the front of the second book, Pinked…that scruff…oooooh, come to mama, big guy. 😛
Sadie…yep, we're talking about Eleanor and Park. 😀 Do we have a peanut vote from you as well for it?? We love book peer pressure around here!! And Maryse is usually the target of it. *giggle*
Hey Bev! Not fair. I totally will throw peanuts for Written in Red. I knew I forgot one. You watch out, or I’ll start dissing your Eleanor and Park!
*takes Amy’s martini* You waste it. Mine now!
Yeah, where have you been Maryse? Enjoying yummy PEANUTS??? 😛 Oh wait…you’ve been collecting peanut pelts. No, no, no…let me guess…you’ve been doing both and in that order!!! And I’m really gonna look the fool (sheddup PG) if no one gets that…
I saw Laura’s typo but for some reason thought it said “sprit”…good catch lady!! You done me proud!!! 😀 *cackling*
I love doin’ the peanut gallery proud. If it ain’t in proper recommended books, at least it’s in typos. Or catching ’em. Amy.
Amy… you DO KNOW that your ummm… peanut auto-correct fiasco is making the “peanut list” right? LOL!!!!
I read it as spit.
Oh good lord Bev!!! LOL!!!
Hey, my martini… *slumps shoulders*
*throws peanut at Tessa* Eleanor and Park!!!!!!
Peanut butter martinis!!!!! *shudders*
Maybe if we puts lots of martini juice in ’em.. and some chocolate syrup. 😉
Spit, spirt, yummy peanut pelts…bahahahaha!!!!!!
I seriously love y’all. 😀
Eleanor and Park!!!! OMG they get all the peanuts!
I am laughing so hard from all your comments, the tears are running down my face! Hard head, pierced nuts, spirt….LMAO!
Love in Rewind? I haven’t read that yet either. Is that the next buddy read?
*eyes Amy* You say Eleanor and Park as much as you want, but Bev was saying no to Fallen Crest. How long have we been saying read Fallen Crest High? Yeah. *points to Bev* And she said No!
Tessa, pfft. I was just singing to myself. “La a note to follow so…”
Yep Jean, Love in Rewind! Between the 80’s theme in LiR and that Margaret book up there, I’m having all kinds of flashbacks. 😉
She said no to Fallen Crest?? *gasp* Bev!
*throws FCH peanut at Bev*
Who said no??!!!
Ok have another.
* picks up peanut*
Flowers from the Storm by Laura Kinsale.
* throws peanut*
Tessa, commence singing.
Yes! *throws a peanut at Maryse* That’s for making Bev say no to FCH. Sadie, we can read Eleanor and Park but NOT at the sacrifice of Mason Kade! Or Logan. Cause everyone needs to adore Logan as well.
All of you are hilarious!!! Ill throw some peanuts at Maryse for Written in Red!!! It’s so good!!!
Amy, I downloaded the sample of Pierced so ill let you know!! I read Love in Rewind but feel like I didn’t like it… sigh can’t remember.
Finishing the Elements of Chemistry by Penny Reid right now.
Oooh, I can sing. What am I singing? I know! Gentle Rogue by Johanna Lindsey! *throws a pirate peanut*
Oooh, Niki. Wasn’t Elements of Chemistry good? *grins*
Laura, so jealous that you are just starting to read First Grave on the Right!! I love Charley and Reyes!!!
I’ve read FCH. And I liked it. Not sure about adoring Logan He was kind of creepy. Raise an eyebrow at yourself, Tessa.
Sadie, nice arm!!
MichelleS, only 5% in but already think that cover does not fit the book, no?
Um peanut butter martini?? Is this like the mustard thing?
Tessa it is so good!! Love when Martin is all growly!! I waited till.the bundle came out to avoid the cliffhangers.
Be , what are you reading??
I haven’t read FCH….. has everyone here read it?
I gotta try a mustard and peanut butter sandwich!
*gasp* Jean! Jean! It’s free. Yes, the first one doesn’t even cost money. Go read it and meet my book husband.
Peanut butter… and mustard? Eeew. My mom and brother both ate peanut butter and mayonaise. Again… Eeew.
Here! *dips a peanut in mustard* Catch!
Niki, True North by Liora Blake.
Maryse & Tessa, gross, lol.
I love mustard and peanut butter, but together? Or PB and mayo?? WTH is going on around here?? I would totally try a peanut butter martini (https://www.drinksmixer.com/drinkk223j11.html) but I’m drawing the line at mustard and PB. Now, lemon juice on pepperoni pizza…that’s some good stuff… 😉
Hey, that was family with the mayo. I like normal things like jelly, plain, honey or bananas. Not mayo.
Anyone else read the Covencraft books? I’m enjoying this one the most. I think she gets better with each story.
My peanut autocorrect fiasco on the peanut list…that one is never going away now…
…nor would I want it to after seeing the conversations it has instigated, LOL!!!!
Yay Niki!! *clappy hands* Can’t wait to hear what you think of it! 😀
Oh Jean… *shakes head* You are missing out on some goooooood stuff with FCH and Tessa’s book husband. Seriously. I first read it back when the cover was some kind of weird pencil sketch of a girl but I still remember SO much about it…
Alright, last thing…
I *knew* I had read this before I just couldn’t remember where…but I found it! Freaking Mason. *swooooooon*
AMy. Lemon juice on pepperoni pizza!????
I LOVE lemon juice squeezed on anything and everything and I never thought of that. Now tomorrow I gotta have a pepperoni pizza just for that.
Okay one thing I do want y’all to try since it’s peanut night… and please trust me on this.
Hot dogs… bun and all… but instead of mustard, ketchup etc… ONLY peanut butter.
TRUST ME. FREAKING DELCISIOUS>
Autocorrect and I can’t even spell decliosuc right now that’s how declsiousus it is!
I know it’s upsetting…
I don’t bother with bacon on this. Just good old hot dogs and buns made the way you love ’em… but with peanut butter as the condiment.
On pizza? That’s new. I like it in Greek fries.
hehehe Amy of all the interviews, you got the one where he’s mister silent, but boy did Logan step up to the plate!
Peanut butter and hot dogs? I’d try that. But no mustard!
I think I saw something like that on The Chew recently, but with burgers.
Maybe, one day.
Now though I’m craving pizza, lol.
https://lindaabigailbooksreview.blogspot.com/2014/04/cover-reveal-and-interview-w-mason.html Here, this is Mason. He’s such an a**.
I’m tellin’ ya…lemon juice and pepperoni pizza is a weird combo but it just WORKS!
Okay, I’m going to try the PB and hot dog combo. My mind is already fighting it but I’m gonna give it a go! I don’t know what Greek fries are, but I love Greek food so I’m going to assume they are…what did Maryse say…oh yeah, DELCISIOUS!!
Oh Tessa, that is soooo Mason. 😉
I was trying to find an interview where the questions were sent and the blogger had a hidden camera to hear what the answers were before reporting them. That one was hilarious.
Hehe so now Your all asleep and I’m just starting my day at 8.00am oh the mischief!!
*creeps around with peanuts to a sleeping Amy, puts one in her nostril. Gets to maryse puts a bunch in her hair. Gets to bev and puts peanuts under the pillow. Gets to tessa and MichelleS puts peanuts down back to trousers hehehehe* yeah so morning!!! *runs……*
Hi maryse, just wondering if any of u are reading blurring lines by Chloe Walsh I’m 52% in ,so far wow, it’s amazing, did not expect the twist in the story , now she’s back all broken , Cade the boy she never saw for three and half years , wants to help her , well needs to , can’t wait to finish but there no guarantee of a H.E.A , I always need that though .
Bev – you’re right. That cover was a bad choice for True North. He’s not even THAT kind of rocker, and she’s not that girl either. Doesn’t match the story. What are you thinking about the book so far?
I missed the end of the part-ayyyy!!!
Im with Laura, everyone sleeping while we are half-day in!!
shame on you!!
** dumps truck load of peanuts on Maryse, Tessa, Bev, Amy”
Laura is safe cuz she was sleeping.. and Sadie is reading Love in Rewind so she gets immunity !! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
** whispers ** never trust these ladies in the kitchen ..err NO!!
Tessa, thanks for the info on FCH, but I already have the whole series downloaded for a while now. Guess I better move it up on my TBR list! !
Omg Lee! You are too funny! You are a great addition to this goup of crazy girls!!!
Laura: why do I get peanuts in my trousers? What have I not read?? Huh? Huh?
Ummm ummm *runs…..* (I’m so skinny in this chat world with all the running)
Why am I covered in peanuts?? A truck load, Lee? Really??? I already told ya I’m gonna read Love in Rewind!
What the…peanuts in my NOSE?!? Laura!! *grumbles* …gonna be picking shells out of my nose for days now…
Wait…all these peanuts are going to come in handy ’cause Jean has the whole FCH series and hasn’t read any of them. That’s just wrong. She’s gonna get a whole handful thrown at her! 😛
Grey popped up on my recommendations list on Amazon, and it’s #1 in Paid Kindle Store.
Hole. Eee. Crap.
Oh, Laura left me a midnight snack.
MichelleS, I’m still not that far. I was surprised at the genre of music he is in. Curious to see that unfold. I sometimes have little tiffs with myself over artist or songs I like. Oh, misogeny.
One little thing is the pauses for internal dialogue when she is talking to others, lol. But that’s not as noticeable as with some others I read.
I love little moments I can see like after they watch the guy land his trick.
“Trevor grabs my waist and pulls his arms around me tighter, rocking me with a tender kind of delight.”
So, when Maryse reads one of my peanut reads I will celebrate with a peanut butter hot dog.
MichelleS, her little moments of grief are just done perfectly.
“I feel a little like a cup without a saucer.”
And then she puts Tom Waits on. I think she is listening to this.
Mmmmm… peanuts IN my hair. I can store ’em in there all day like a squirrel… Thanks Laura!
*shouts from hiding spot* your welcome!!!!
So I finished first grave on the right I liked it was quite funny in parts and unique which I liked now I’m onto another I think Bev/michelleS recommendation? Magic bites by Ilona Andrews?
Laura I was up to the third in that series, need to get back to it. Was really enjoying it. It was a Michelle/ Tessa push.
Hmm I never looked to see if Maryse read them back in her Uf/pnr days.
Ooooo get the peanut ready Bev lol she’s pretty badass in this book kind of reminds me of the Downside books but I think it’s just the magic and I think from the romantic aspect it will be a very slow burn?
Love in Rewind is in my all time top 5….favorite….wonderful….best books ever!!!!
I haven’t read ’em yet bev, but I HAVE read “The Downside Ghosts” and I LOVED that series like crazy!!!!!! Have you guys read it?
One of the best slow-burn, intense, devastating, tragic and painful and exciting, HOT, made-me-cry love stories.
I haven’t. I have the first two in pb tucked away somewhere. I remember when many were going crazy over it and Terrible. Did she finish the series? It seems like I haven’t heard mention of it in awhile.
Oh Laura… I’m so jealous that you are reading all my favorites for the first time!!! Love the Kate Daniels series so much!!! Bev you need to get back into it;)
I’m reading Pierced right now and last night I was thinking that it kinda reminds me of Downside Ghosts…not really the magic part but the heroine. Thanks Amy for the recommendation!! I’ll.keep you updated!
Tessa, I dug around and yeah I only have the novella/preview or whatever it is for covencraft but I put them on my wishlist to watch if you are liking them that much!
Downside Ghosts is fantastic I agree Maryse. I just did a reread of the series all back to back since a new book is suppose to be out at the end of this year or early next. Such a unique, really truly unique take on urban fantasy/pnr. Terrible and Chess are fascinating characters with no comparison. Book 4 is my favorite but yes the drama centering around their relationship is spellbinding!
Yes maryse I have read them loved them and terrible!!! God when is she bringing her next book about them out? It’s been a lonnnng time! This one has that sort of feel about it maryse only there are vamps and shifters in the mix but the vamps are the icky kind I’m gathering not the rhage or v kind *sigh* ok got off track you should try these
Niki! Yes, that is who also rec’d Andrews hard. 🙂
And yes I really do, really great read.
Niki in always way behind on what u have all read so I just add it to the list and eventually get around to it lol
Bev you haven’t read downside O_O why?!
Hey guys! So my surgery went great! I am home now although I am still pretty sore. Sleeping’s been a challenge but I need to be patient. Yesterday I felt a lot of pain but I am much better today. Just wanted to pop in a sec and let you know I survived lol
Anne, so glad to hear you’re back home. Just have to get through the recovery now and you’re home free. Thanks for the update. I was thinking of you.
That’s good to hear, Anne.
😀 Now just take it easy until you are all healed up.
Anne so happy your surgery went well! I was thinking about you too. I hope you are not too painful or sore. Take the pain meds if you can. It’s better to be comfortable and get some rest.
Thinking take out for me as I can not stop thinking of pizza, thank you, Amy. 😉
MichelleS, I’m at the fifty mark.and still liking it. I like that there is instant attraction but not insta love.
I like her voice how self assured she is. She knows who she is. Sometimes she maybe judges people too quickly in the negative, but I guess that is an irl trait.
Oh, Michelle, did you see the new Others has a title? Marked in Flesh, hence to be known on here as MIF.
March of 2016. No cover yet.
Ahhh no Bev I didn’t see that…going to look now!
OMG …OMG… OMG…. I just finished Jezebel!!! Who else has read this???
Is it amazing, Joy?
I haven’t read it yet but I want to badly!!!
*looks around at all the peanuts* What in the world? *throws them at everyone who hasn’t read FCH* Oooh, weaponry!
Anne! Yeah! Take the meds, but I’m glad everything went well. *grins*
Marked in Flesh. That’s so appropriate to the story. Though, the childish part of me wants to enter an L word in there so we can call it MiLF.
Michelle! You must read them. The mystery part of the writing improves as she writes. However, the full on story and arc is awesome and I adore the all the characters. So well written and the plot is good and the humor is there, but the mystery writing ability doesn’t get great until the third book. Still, totally worth the reading.
Joy, I’ll look into it more.
Wow I miss a day here & I’ve missed out on the peanut fight!! I have read Love in Rewind.
So many good revs. Looking forward to reading a lot this next week at the beach. Yeh!!!!!
I’m downloading Love in Rewind for my vacation coming up. I need some more of the peanut gallery recommendations for what else I may have missed. Have E&P all set to go too. Now what?
I, for one, have already read Fallen Crest High and am shocked you guys haven’t talked Maryse into it. I really, really liked it. I do remember liking some of the follow ups and then I just never revisited it. I know there are several in that series now. I read the first three. Are the others worth it?
Downside Ghosts? How did I miss that? It sounds so EiT like. So, go back and read it now?? huh? huh? Maryse? You know my tastes…..
I have 10 days on the beach coming up so I need some great stuff on my Kindle. I just know I missed some good stuff. If Amy missed Surviving Raine, then I know I missed something equally as great.
Can that be a new post? The peanut gallery post for those who need beach reading material?
MichelleS YOU WILL LOVE TERRIBLE.
OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! Book fog extraordinaire I’m telling you!!!!! And he’s not your typical “sexy bad boy” and he’s just human, but he’s an enforcer for the head gang in her city (all scarred and scary looking and bad-ass and MEAN as heck!!!!) and his gang (there are two opposing gangs), but HIS gang has to hire her to “de-ghost” the place they wanna use for their criminal activities.
Oh AND WAIT until you get the backstory of these ghosts that are terrorizing the city. And entire series of this. You guys. SERIOUSLY. Best Paranormal series ever. And she’s just human too… but with some magical ability (a rare one able to handle the ghosts).
MichelleS, when you say beach do you mean Hawaii? Cause not the same, lol. One is wonderful but the other is amazing and needs caps & !!!!.
*points at Tessa* Bahahaha!!!! MIF–MILF…I thought it but SHE said it!! Woman after my own heart, you are. 😉
My interest was piqued when y’all started talking about Downside Ghosts, then I read this…”One of the best slow-burn, intense, devastating, tragic and painful and exciting, HOT, made-me-cry love stories.” MAGIC WORDS!! Click!
Niki…yes, definitely keep me updated! Have you met “Pink” yet? 😉
Anne, so glad to hear you’re home and doing well! *gives Anne a GENTLE hug* <—– you've no idea how hard I'm trying not to squeeze ya 'cause that's how I love to hug!
Hey Bev, did ya try lemon juice on that pizza? Mmmmm, yummy…
MichelleS…we have been trying for soooooo long to get Maryse to meet Mason but she is being stubborn. *side-eyes Maryse* Pfft..she acts like she has allllll these other books to read. 😛
I just read the blurb for Jezebel and I. Am. SOLD!!!! I'm thinking I may start that one today…
Ooh, Maryse is getting sassy.
Okay Teeeegin’s book. 😉
YES!!!! On my nut list. 😉
Seriously? We’re talking about Tessa’s book husband here. *looks around for leftover Fallen Crest High peanut* Seeeeee…if you had read them you would KNOW this. *snicker*
And how is it I’ve never heard y’all talk about Downside Ghosts until this weekend?!?
Exactly, Amy! Everybody knows I’m a nut for paranormal and urban fantasy & have pimped out every series I love. And this has gotten no mentions before. Published in 2010? What. The. Ding. Dong? I am sooooooo on it, though.
(And I only read FCH cause I was on a high school-ish weird trend for a while with student-teacher, etc., so when that mood strikes Maryse, she’s probably got it on her radar.)
Who is author of Jezebel?
Bev: YES! Of course it’s Hawaii. Maui, Ka’annapalli. Loading up my kindle!!! Just hope this new Ghostie thing makes it. Sounds like I may read it before then. Best PNR ever, says Maryse. And I’m supposed to let it sit there? No way.
MichelleS, how far did you get in the Fallen Crest books? I haven’t read the fourth book ’cause with the way that the third one left off, I’m a little wary of where the fourth might go and want to wait until the next one is out just in case I freak out. Which never happens. *snort*
Amy, have you never hear of them? Probably cause they are traditional published and your all, “Dude, I only do indie.” 😉
They came out a few years ago. Everyone was going crazy. I think one of them even has a scene that everyone loves & references.
Going to have to see if can find it. I want to say got the pb at Powell’s years ago. It and Kate. Have to start & finish.
Hey, you know how we were talking not long ago about how we picture our book guys when we are reading, and I had said that I always see the same guy over and over? Well, I started thinking about it, and I DO see the same guy but I think it is more for books that don’t *oomph* me, ya know? Like, when I think of the guys that stuck with me such as Travis, Tristan, Dex, Mason, Christian, Miles (or any of CHoover’s book guys!), even Barrons and V’Lane – hell, I could go on and on – I actually do picture those guys as having their own distinct physical looks, but all other book guys have my “generic” guy look.
Does any of that make sense? 😕
MichelleS, how fun. Another on the dream list. I need to stop buying books and put it in a vacation fund instead.
*kicks V’lane as I walk by Amy’s post*
*scoffs* Now who is being sassy, Bev? Nuh-uh…I’m not all, “I only do indie”…I’m all, “I only do ebooks.” There’s a difference, woman!! 😛
*snort* Nut list.
Er…yeah…I was talking about books too…not, ya know…the other nuts. 😉
LOL over Bev kicking V’Lane!!!!
Why are we kicking V’lane? Don’t tell me she didn’t read Fever series???
Same guy thingy, Amy… Well, for me it’s the same. My generic hot guy that works for nearly all. Then the memorable ones!!! You’re right. They are their own person: Rhage, Jamie, Dex, Rain, Rammel, Z, V, Adam Black, Adam Hauptmann, Lhan… Fanning self now….
*GASP* What do you mean why are we kicking V’Lane??? He may be sex incarnate but what he did…aaarrrrgggghh!!
Z!!! *swoon* LAHN!!!! *thunk*
Yes, for what he did to Mac!!
Okay here I just made a post for you guys!!! 😀
What about what Barrons did to Mac in latest book? What. About. That?
(at least with V’lane it is totally in character)
MichelleS, probably shouldn’t speak for others….but that’s Maryse, Amy, me & Michelle.
Amy, yes I did try it. I had a lemon. It went well with the saltiness added some brightness. I liked it. Not sure if it will be something I think of to always use, but good.
Anne happy to hear you’re home and doing well! *hugs*
Amy I added Jezebel to my beach read list. Just finishing Sweet Ache first.
Maryse, I’ll probably get pelted with peanuts too, but ihaventreadfallencresteuther!
Either not euther. What kind of autocorrect word is that?!
Alright, alright. First of all, yes, Amy MichelleS. Read more of FCH. Read Mason first, because it’s kind of a 3.5 of short stories and too many reveals to read until after 3. Then four. I’ll say this. Four is the weakest as far as how good it is. However, Logan totally made my heart clench and want to hug him, but not for why you’d think.
*Throws FCH peanut at Cheryl* Read it!
Second… seriously? You all haven’t tried Downside Ghost series? I mean, I at least read the first one, then forgot characters. Bought the second and have it waiting to be read after I re-read the first. *grins* Yeah, I remember what happened, but darn if I remember who’s who.
Finished the one series to date. Now, Throne of Glass. I went to the library and they had it. Sooooo… I have to read it, right?
I must confess… I like V’lane as a villain. He’s all hot and sexy, then he’s pure evil and how dare he. Love him!
I remember when Maryse first found Downside Ghosts and then I read them and thought wow this girl is messed up but it’s oh so good!! Might have to do a re-read:)
Amy!!! I finished Pierced and lovvveeeddd it!! So much so I went straight to the author’s Twitter and Facebook page to find out more!!
You guys should definitely check this book out!! The heroine is so different and awesome!! On to the second one:)
What latest book, Barrons did what?…*happily hums* remembering the last book in the Fever series which was of course Shadowfever…
Get to reading Downside Ghosts asap UF/PNR fans! I mentioned it at least twice on here. I guess I thought most who are into that genre had read it…my bad, I will be annoyingly pushy about good series from now on. For instance, *clears throat* READ WRITTEN IN RED FOOLS OR YOU WILL BE DESTROYED!
MichelleS…I have no idea what Barrons has done since Shadowfever ’cause I stopped with that one. I know some loved and some didn’t care for the books after that, and I was so happy at the end of SF that I don’t want to take the chance of messing that up. *points to Michelle’s post up there* So now I’m just lollygagging along in my blissful ignorance. 😉
Tessa…V’Lane was GREAT! I was just disgusted with him by the end so now he’s on our kick list. The jerk.
YAY Niki!!! 😀 I’m so happy to see Pierced gettin’ some love!! Ya hear that, ladies? Not ALL of my recs need to be feared!! 😛
Cheryl…I’m starting Jezebel tonight. How about that blurb?!? *rubs hands together* But seriously…no FCH yet for you?? Gah! You’re missing out!
Now I’m off to check out Maryse’s Downside Ghost post…that series sounds FUN!!!
Fabi?? I just noticed on Maryse’s peanut list that you haven’t a peanut book. You just pop up to eat the peanuts, lol.
Lol Bev. I only have two. Bad Things which I think Maryse read in secret and didn’t like. And Surviving Raine for Amy which I hound her so much about that I take breaks from the hounding sessions. I think those were my top two 2014 reads among many, many great ones.
*snort* Don’t worry Fabi…you’re not the only one who has been on me to read SR. 😉
Are you talking about Bad Things from the Tristan and Danika series? ‘Cause Maryse and so many of us LOVED that series! Whew, I just got butterflies in my tummy thinking of T&D!!! 😀
Nah, mine is Bad Things by Krylov. Only MichelleS was brave enough to take the deep dark plunge with me. Then later, Michelle started another Krylov buddy read, but not Bad Things. I’d swear someone also read Bad Things, but for the life of me, I can’t remember who. Strange since so many of us like the occasional dark read.
Aha, I remember you reading that one. But hey, some of us read After by Krylov so that should count for somethin’! Did you read it? I can’t remember who all was in with that one… It wasn’t the darkest I’ve read, but it was still dark and was heartbreaking at one point. Like, sucker-punch, didn’t-see-that-coming heartache.
Oh yeah, I was definitely in on that buddy read. And…I’ll jump in to ANY buddy read of Bad Things and/or Dangerously Happy. Even though I’ve read both (BT several times!)
For that matter, I may reread SR when you take the plunge. Just give a shout out and I’ll jump in.
These are both gritty angsty reads. I like the gritty, you like the angsty, we’ll be a great support group.
Gah! You got me going on these didn’t ya? Or was it Bev who started it…and I though I’d done so well at the peanut party catching the rebounds without creating more havoc.
*somebody, quick, grab the soapbox*