4:33 pm EST —> *gasp*!!! All the cool electronic deals changed, so I’m adding more and updating the other cool ones that I can’t take off the list ’cause they are way too cool and still well-priced. Okay I’m still working on today’s list (’cause of the Black Friday sales) and it’s gonna be extra huge and special ’cause HOLY MOLY look at the KINDLE DEALS!! I’ll be working on it pretty much all day, as I find goodies, and as stuff expires and new stuff goes on sale, so keep checking. 😀
NOTE: bargain priced and/or “on sale” when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Right off the bat…
FOUR KINDLES are on SALE big time!
Fire HD 6, 6″ HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB – Includes Special Offers, Black (https://amzn.to/1vt6fgi)
Kindle, 6″ Glare-Free Touchscreen Display, Wi-Fi – Includes Special Offers (https://amzn.to/1rAhDrm)
Kindle Paperwhite, 6″ High-Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi – Includes Special Offers (https://amzn.to/1vt6bgF)
Fire HD 7, 7″ HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB – Includes Special Offers, Black (https://amzn.to/1HLc3XG)
SellfieTM Ultra Light Carbon Fiber Bluetooth Extended Selfie Stick for iPhone/Android w Shutter and Zoom Buttons – Includes Carrying Case + Mini Tripod! (Black) <— O.M.G. They made something to help us take phone selfies. Wow. LOL!!!!! Look at this bar… *eyeroll*… right? I totally need one. Bahahahahahah!!!
CTA Digital iPotty with Activity Seat for iPad <— Okay this!?? It’s just genius!! Why don’t we get an adult version of this? Nonetheless… holy moly what an awesome thing for kids…
EZOPower Desktop Charging Station with 3 AC Surge Protected Outlets, 3 USB Charging Ports and Built-in Slot Holder – White <— I must own this too!! A charging station with extra plug thingies. I LOVE IT! For now?
Oh look at this weird cool thing (and there are two other versions too)!! You clip it on! —> iKross 2-in-1 Tablet & Cellphone Adjustable Swing Arm Desk Mount Bracket Holder for iPad Air 5 4 3 Mini with Retina Display, iPhone 6 6 Plus; Samsung Galaxy Tablet, Dell Venue, Asus Iconia, Acer Transformer, Lenovo Tablet and more
<— Oh I want one of these!! It has a keyboard in it and everything. I think I’m making my Christmas list as I’m creating this. *snort* —> Kensington KeyFolio Pro 2 Removable Keyboard, Case and Stand For iPad 4 with Retina Display, iPad 3 and iPad 2 (K39512US)
Pure CUTEness overload. I wish I had one of these when I was little. I wonder if you can put kids books on it? Comes in a few different colors. I would choose pink. 😉 I bet you didn’t know that, huh? LOL!! —> Orbo Jr. 4GB Android 4.1 Five Point Multi Touch Tablet PC – Kids Edition [March 2014] – Blue
Wireless headphones to listen to those audiobooks with!! Wireless = awesome ’cause you can move around freely and listen away, and headphones = awesome ’cause you know… *waggles eyebrows*… some of our books aren’t ummm…. safe for… public listening. Tee hee!!! This is pretty cool, and the price sure seems right. —> Kinivo BTH410 Hi-Fi Bluetooth Stereo Headphones – Wireless apt-X Music Streaming and Hands-Free calling
<— Yep! This should be mine. Case Logic AUA-311 11.6-Inch Laptop and iPad Slim Case (Black). A nice laptop holder with extra holdy-areas for iPads, Kindles and cords and doohickeys. And it’s nice, sleek and slim, and has great reviews. I LOVE it. Perfect organization. I should’ve had this for Book Bash.
External battery charger! YES! All of us e-reader addicts should have this. I dunno if I ever needed it yet, ’cause don’t think I’ve ever been away from an outlet, but if you are nowhere near an electrical outlet, and your e-reader or phone is about to go dead, THIS!!!! —> RAVPower 2nd Gen Deluxe External Battery CHARGER 14000mAh Portable Power Bank Pack for iPhone 6, iPhone 5S,5C,5 (Lightning Cable not included), 4S, 4, iPad Air, iPad 4, 3, 2, Mini 2, Mini, iPods; Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, Note 3 Note 2; Nexus 7, Nexus 5, Nexus 4; HTC One, EVO, Thunderbolt, Incredible, Droid DNA; Motorola ATRIX, Droid; LG Optimus [Premium Samsung Batteries, Matte Finish, 2 mobile phone connectors] – Black
Amazon Kindle 9W PowerFast Adapter for Accelerated Charging <— Sherry found us this must-have! She says: “This charger is a dream come true for us Kindle users. It charges completely in just two hours or less” Yes. Two hours without my e-reader is pure torture!!
Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router <— I had one of these!!! I know what this is… er…sorta. 😉 Not “book” related, but internet related for sure.
<— TASCAM DR-40 4-Track Portable Digital Recorder <— These are GREAT for “on-the-fly” book signing interviews. Almost half price… I have one so no one-clicking for me, but a darn good piece of equipment.
And some EBOOK DEALS (and READER RECOMMENDATIONS)!!
- Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined Book 1) by Aly Martinez <— I LOVED LOVED LOVED this one!! And it’s on SUPERSALE today. (Here’s my review of Changing Course) 😀
- Effortless With You by Lizzy Charles <— SUPER-SALE!! HIGH SCHOOL book… “To make matters worse, the job is painting houses with Justin, the most popular, egotistical guy in school. Spending all summer with Justin might be other girls’ dreams, but definitely not Lucy’s. After all, Justin is cocky, annoying, and a jerk. So what if he’s the most beautiful jerk Lucy’s ever seen?“
- One to Love (One to Hold Book 4) by Tia Louise <— ALSO on super-sale today. Yep… intriguing blurb, and even though it says it’s book #4, it’s a standalone! “Tattoos, bad boys, love… Boxing, fame, fortune… Loss.”
- Summer of Seventeen by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— Kat found out this one was super-saled.
- The Forgotten Girl by Jessica Sorensen <— Stephanie found this one!! Bargain-priced and from a very popular author in our crew. “Good Maddie goes to therapy, spends time with her family, and works on healing herself. Bad Maddie rebels and has dark thoughts of hurting people and sometimes even killing them.” EEEEEP!!!
- James Games by L.A. Rose <— Stephanie found us this one, too! It sounds pretty crazy… sorority girls and competitions and a famous actor that goes to college with them…
- Maybe Maby by Willow Aster <– This author is one of our favs (check out my review of this angsty standalone: True Love Story) and this one is super-bargain priced. Thanks Steph!! This one sounds hurty! “I’m 28 and everyone has left me. I have no friends. My boyfriend left. My mom died, so technically she left me too. I hate my job. I get this overwhelming ‘oh my God, is this what my life is gonna be?’ feeling and I want to die. Curl up and die. And since I don’t feel my heartbeat fading or my breathing getting even slightly faint, I panic that I’m gonna have to live.“
- Owned (A Decadence after Dark Novel) by M. Never <— Good reviews, super-bargain priced and found for us by Steph. She’s on a roll today… check out this part of the blurb: “I like you collared, baby. I like you naked, I like you mine.” Well.
- Unchain My Heart (Scorpio Stinger MC Book 2) by Jani Kay <— This one too! BIKER BOOK ALERT! (Thanks Steph!) “Eva has never known a man so lost, so broken, yet so cocky. Harrison can unravel her with a mere look, set her heart beating with a touch, make her wanton with his words. He demands her submission. She is willing to give him her body. But her heart? No way. He’s hard, cold and distant. Set on revenge.“
- Incinerate (Explosive, #2) by Tessa Teeven <— Bargain priced too. Kim says: “Incinerate, the next book in the series, is my favorite- Knox is one of my favorite BBFs in a long time!” and Linda loves ’em too: “Ignite and Incinerate were reeeally good and Inflame is rated even higher!!! I’m all in;))) Army alpha males. Believe me they DO NOT disappoint!!!”
- Black Knights Inc. Boxed Set: Volumes 1-3 by Julie Ann Walker <— BIKER/BAD-ASS guys BUNDLE alert! Super-saled and a much loved series by many in our crew. Linda loves ’em: “I’ve read all the Black Knight Inc. The characters are sooooo hot it’s amazing that only one person can put together so many HOT people.” Kathe loves ’em too: “I just finished #2 and am starting #3. This is what I think of as a ‘sleeper’ series – WOW!!! Who would have thought they would be so good. But then again – bring on the Special Forces!!! I am so glad there are more books to come. She is a phenomenal writer and I hope she continues with them – so many stories in the books, so little time. Enjoy!“
- Electrified (Electric Tunnel Book 1) by Rachel Blaufeld <— LAS VEGAS STRIPPER ALERT! Steph found out #1 & #2 are on super sale today, too. “Sienna captivates crowds nightly at the Electric Tunnel, leaving them wanting to know more about the sensual enigma. But no one ever sees beyond the heavily guarded stripper onstage. She is Sienna Flower 24/7. No one other than her closest friend and boss, Asher Peterson, who helped turn a young and frightened girl into who Sienna is today. Together they created the sexual illusion known as Sienna Flower. They will go to any lengths to protect her image, which is why Sienna is convinced she must remain unattached and alone.” and then… she meets an ex-FBI agent…
- Smoldered (Electric Tunnel Book 2) by Rachel Blaufeld <— and here’s book #2!
- Cherry Girl: Neil & Elaina #1 (Blackstone Affair) by Raine Miller <— SUPER SALE!!! Nicole recommends it: “I would suggest Cherry Girl by Raine Miller, he’s a little alpha, DEFINETLY unrequited love there.” OH I LOVE unrequited love. IN BOOOOOOOKS. Onnnnnnly in books. 😉 And our very own Jean loves it like CRAZY!! “Cherry Girl by Raine Miller!! What an amazing love story! I felt, cried, loved……everything in this book! And Neil……….can’t say enough about my feelings for him!! Please Maryse, I am begging you to read this book. Please for all the times I dropped the book I was reading to join you with what you were reading (haha), I BEG YOU TO READ IT!! I really think you will love it! I recommend it to everyone and you don’t have to read the Blackstone Series — it is definitely a standalone!“
- Room For You (Cranberry Inn Book 1) by Beth Ehemann <— the whole series so far is on super-sale. Thanks Shell!!! (P.S. Shell found us pretty much the rest below).
- Room For More (Cranberry Inn Book 2) by Beth Ehemann
- Room For Just A Little Bit More (Cranberry Inn Book 3) by Beth Ehemann
- Full Measures (Entangled Embrace) by Rebecca Yarros <— This one, too! I gave it 4 stars (my review).
- Sweet Addiction by J. Daniels
- Sweet Possession (Sweet Addiction Book 2) by J. Daniels <— Both of ’em! Super-sale.
- Axel (Corps Security 1) by Sloan Harper <— You guessed it! First 3? Super-sale. 😉 And Michelle recommends ’em. “If you’re looking for some good heroes, try Sloan Harper’s Corps Security series: Axel, Cage, then Beck. They are sooooo goooood!”
- Cage (Corps Security) by Sloan Harper
- Beck (Corps Security) by Sloan Harper
- LIVE: Rockers Romance Anthology by Renee Lee Fisher, A.M. Madden, Ahren Sanders, M. Stratton, Lisa Swallow, Gina Whitney, A.L. Wood <— ROCK STAR ANTHOLOGY… annnnnnnd super-sale!
- Entice (Eagle Elite) by Rachel VanDyken <— These next 3? Same series… and super-sale!
- Elicit (Eagle Elite Book 4) by Rachel VanDyken
- Bang Bang by Rachel VanDyken
- Dearest Clementine: Dearest Series by Lex Martin <— this one, too! “Her number one rule for survival? No dating. That is until she accidentally signs up for a romance writing class and needs material for her latest assignment. Sexy RA Gavin Murphy is more than happy to play the part of book boyfriend to help Clem find some inspiration, even if that means making out…in the name of research, of course.“
- Finding Dandelion (Dearest Book 2) by Lex Martin <— and #2!!
- Ace’s Redemption (Devil’s Despair Book 1) by A.C. Bextor <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! Super-sale alert too and it sounds GOOD! “My reasons to bring Cherry home to California were obvious. I needed help with my family, and she needed help staying clean and convincing her parents she was ready to give her son the life he deserved. It was a perfect plan. However, the best laid plans often get lost amidst their best intentions. Cherry fell in love with me, and in return my love for her acted as the catalyst to her destruction.“
- Real Ugly (Hard Rock Roots Book 1) by C.M. Stunich <— Denni loved it! “…just read real ugly by cm stunich so will try the biker one by her!!! Have u readreal ugly maryse? It’s rockstar but very gritty and love/hate u will love it!! X”
- Unfixable (Entangled Embrace) by Tessa Bailey <— Super-sale and Georgia was loving it: “Currently reading Tessa Bailey. Unfixable … it is soo good. Ooh my god. I can’t put it done. Totally recommend it. Awesome!”
- I Love You to Death by Natalie Ward <— this one too! Mary LOVED it: “Book Number 1, I Love You to Death, is phenomenal. It is an intense and powerful book. Natalie ward is able to write a story which makes the reader feel every emotion. It was difficult to read through the tears at times but I could not put it down. It was a one day, stay up until I finish this book read.”
- Consequences: Book 1 of the Consequences Series by Aleatha Romig <— CRAZY DARK READ!!! And it’s on super-sale. AND I have a review for it. 😀
- The Vow: The True Events that Inspired the Movie by Kim Carpenter and Krickitt Carpenter <— and this… OH WOW…. listen to this (I’ve never heard of it before but it sounds ANGSTYYYYYYY) “Life as Kim and Krickitt Carpenter knew it was shattered beyond recognition on November 24, 1993. Two months after their marriage, a devastating car wreck left Krickitt with a massive head injury and in a coma for weeks. When she finally awoke, she had no idea who Kim was. With no recollection of their relationship and while Krickitt experienced personality changes common to those who suffer head injuries, Kim realized the woman he had married essentially died in the accident…“
- Three of Hearts (Hamden Series Book 1) by W. Ferraro <— “…She’s fortunate enough to find a great opportunity to live in an exterior apartment of a beautiful lake house in a small town in Vermont. When she realizes the apartment and scenery are not the only gorgeous appeal but the home owner, Seth Finn, is as well…”
- In Bloom (Entangled Embrace) (The Brightside Book 1) by Katie Delahanty <— ROCK STAR ALERT and lots of great reviews! “How does someone like me, an ordinary girl from Pittsburgh, wind up in the arms of the world’s sexiest rock star—surrounded by celebrities, fashion, and music—and not be eaten alive? Berkeley is everything I’ve ever dreamed of in a boyfriend, but the paparazzi, the tabloids, the rumors, it’s all getting a bit too crazy. My life has become every girl’s dream come true, if only I don’t blink and lose it all…” —–> SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!
- Sometimes Never by Cheryl McIntyre <— So many loved this one! Biate included! “I LOVED these books. I was sucked into the story right from the beginning and I lived every moment with the characters, feeling their pain and joy. It was an awesome read!”
- Almost Eighteen (Wilson Mooney Book 1) by Gretchen de la O <— student-teacher romance alert!
- Bad for You (Sea Breeze Book 7) by Abbi Glines <— Stephanie found out this one is on sale! She says: “Maryse, Another Bargain straight from my Wishlist!” TOTAL DEAL!
- Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons Book 1) by Christina Lauren <— Cheryl loved it! “Just finished Sweet, Filthy Boy and it was a laugh out loud, sweet, with some angst book! Definitely recommend it between all the angst! ;)”
- Beautiful Oblivion: A Novel by Jamie McGuire is still on sale today!!! And you know me and how much I love the Maddox boys. (here’s my review)
- Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover is on sale too!! I loved this one too. (here’s my review)
- Rusty Nailed (The Cocktail Series Book 2) by Alice Clayton <— I LOVED book #1 (Wallbanger), and this is a steal, I just KNOW it.
- The King (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 12) by J.R. Ward <— One of my FAVE series in the world, and her latest release is super-saled.
Okay.. more to follow (I’m finding ’em as we speak and adding ’em in too). And while you wait for me to add more cool book-related finds (and ebooks!!) here are all of the Black Friday Deals!
I just ordered the “weird cool thing” for the car-cup-holder!!! There was a count down clock thingy on amazon, and I was feeling pressured!! So I bought it. I’m such a sucker. I also bought the Kindle HD Fire 7 a week ago when it was $119, and you know what? I called them and they gave me credit since the price dropped. This is why I love Amazon!! Great deals today and they treat their customers right!!
VERY COOL!!! I love Amazon too. That is awesome customer service. 😀
That is impressive customer service. Most especially in today’s environment where “customer service” seems to be some weird ancient ritual that most employees have never heard of.
I just have to say it again…you are awesome Maryse!!!!! 😀 I love being able to pop in here for bargains instead of having to dig around for them (which I’m not very good at, by the way ;)).
I have something like the Kensington KeyFolio (not the same brand but it looks identical to the one above), and I absolutely LOVE it!! My iPad stands upright and I can type crazy fast with it compared to trying to use the on-screen keyboard. Seriously, ladies…if you use an iPad then you *have* to grab that. Ya know, ’cause I said so and all.
And that external battery charger…gimme, gimme, gimme!!!
I want a keyboard for my iPad SO BAD.
I’m having a blast. It’s like window-shopping, you know? With the terrible one-click risk. *snort* 😛
This one is a great deal too! I believe it’s only on sale for a few days at $0.99 https://www.amazon.com/LIVE-Anthology-Renee-Lee-Fisher-ebook/dp/B00P1Q0BC0/ref=asap_B00I1LRZ9O_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1417117546&sr=1-1
Room for you 1,2&3 by Beth Ehman
Changing Course by Aly Martinez
Cherry Girl by Raine Mille
Full Measures by Rebecca Yaros
Sweet Addiction & Sweet Possesssion by J Daniels
Axel, Beck & Beck by Sloan Harper
Entice, Elicit & Bang Bang by Rachel Van Dyken
Dearest Clemintine & Finding Dandelion by Lex Martin
The Ready Series (3books) by Lesley Jones
Ace’s Redemption by A.C Baxter
Real Ugly by CM Stunich
Love Realised by Melanie Codina
Three Rivers by Chloe Barlow
Unfixable by Tessa Baily
I Love You To Death by Natlie Ward
Consequences by Aleatha Roming
The Vow by K&K Carpenter
Breaking Spades by Tia Louise
In Bloom by Kate Delahante
Sometimes Never by Cheryl McIntyre
Almost Eighteen by Gretchen De La O
Maryse Thank you soooooo much for Kindle reader links you have posted. I have been thinking of buying one for a while but now I have got for next to nothing and I love a good bargain.
And thank you, Shell, for that 0.99 cent list! I’m adding ’em!
Risk versus reward…and the one-click risk is *always* worth the reward. 😉 Oh, oh, oh! Urban Decay’s flash sale for today is the Smoked Palette for $20 (normally $49!) and the Ammo Shadow Box for $10. They’re gorgeous! And MAC has their yearly Smoky Black Friday palette for $25. The trio would need a good nude transition color (hmmm…thinking MAC Wedge or UD Naked would be *perfect*) but how FUN! Now to make the online rounds on Ulta and Sephora. *rubbing hands together*
Holy crap, Shell! You and Maryse are on a roll today! Y’all have me bouncing in my seat. 😀
$1.99 – $3.99
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Clockes &Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Dark Wolf by Christine Feehan
Illusion by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Cinder by Marrisa Meyer
Dark fever by Karen Marie Moning
The Complete Until Series by A.R Reynolds
Thin Love by Eden Butler
Crow’s Row by Julie Hockley
The Fault in out Stars by John Green
If I Stay by Gayle Foreman
Dark places by GillianFlynn
Remember When Trilogy Setby T Torrent
Be With me & Trust in me by J Lynn
OMG Shell!!!! So many awesome looking books!!!
Amy!? Is that makeup on sale on Amazon? *wheeeeeeee!!* 😀
Maryse I have not stopped browsing Amazon last few days and have bought so many books that now I am really confused and can’t decide which one to read first, I want to read all of them at once. Hard decision.. What to do????
I posted most of these previously but thought I would put them here too:
Play Dead and Stay Dead by Anne Frasier 1.99 each
The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness 3.75
Shadow Spell by Nora Roberts 2.50
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare 3.25
FaCade by Ker Dukey is .99
Almost by Anne Eliot is .99
The One by Kiera Cass is 3.25
Written In My Own Heart’s Blood is 3.75
Written in Red is now 3.99!! 😀
The Beautiful Mess Series by TK Leigh is .99
Cress by Marissa Meyer is 2.50
The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison is 1.25
Power Players: Four Complete Series by Cassia Leo is .99
Take Care, Sara and Unlit Star by Lindy Zart are .99 each
Fracture (Blood and Roses Book 2) by Callie Hart is .99
Twice in a Lifetime by Ruthie Henrick is .99
Degradation and Separation by Stylo Fantome are .99 each
He Found Me by Whitney Barbetti is FREE
Forever Jack (Eversea Book 2) is .99
Thanks Michelle for this list. I was waiting for degradation & Separation to come on sale price.
Michelle did you like Eversea? I’m trying not to buy sequels when I have not read the first book, .99? Just I’ve done it before and then the first book is a DNF.
I’m not sure if this link will work or not…. I hope it does:)
Yay it did!!! Author Belle Aurora just put this up so if you loved Raw like I did…squeeee!!!
Thanks Maryse for finding us all these awesome sales!! And Shell and Michelle!!!
Bev, yes I loved Eversea…checked my rating and I gave it 4 stars. The ending is CHish so you kinda need to get the second book to figure out where the story goes. I picked it up today but will have to wait to read it since I’m not deviating from my current list. I think you would like the Anne Frasier books too – they cover a lot of ground – mystery, thriller, paranormal and romance. The third book coming out next year I’m highly anticipating.
I’ve never heard of an external charger before. Would come in handy when on commute and all devices are dead. Makes me wish for the days of packing *books* around. Though on commute I usually prefer music to pump myself up or wind myself down.
I had to click In Bloom. That one looked too tempting. So many free books randomly this week, many that I wanted. I’m itching for December first to be able to read again.
My mom bought all the grandkids Kindle Fires last Christmas (all 9 of em) & my 8yr old son is rarely seen without his in his hands. Besides the books, magazines, apps, & email, he watches Netflix & Directv on it, and Amazon Prime & YouTube. It’s nice to not have to run out in the middle of the night because my 7th grader “forgot” he had a test on Animal Farm the next day….just download & read. So, if you have kids or grandkids it’s a great gift & one they will definitely use.
Niki, is that definitely the second book to Raw?!?! Omg I will be so excited if it is!
Thanks for all the sale info girls…..I bought about 20 books in the last two days!
And yes, you should all read Cherry Girl….. Just loved that book so much as you can see!
Holy **** Niki! You just made my night! I can’t wait for Dirty!
Thank you for the list Maryse. I just ordered that 7′ Fire HD, good deal. And if you want a good hot alpha series, you must read Sloan Harper’s Corps Security series.
Ok I missed your gush over Cherry Girl Jean on my first pass of the list but I just 1-clicked 😀 Oh I’ve lost count of how many books I bought these last couple days but the prices are too good to pass up!
More books for $0.99
Allure by Lacey Weatherford
Crush (book1) , Smitten (book2) , Love (book3) , Smolder (book3) by Lacey Weatherford
Complete Memories Series by Emma Hart
Call Series : Boxed by Emma Hart
Yay Michelle, I hope you love it as much as I did! I will never forget that book!
‘Till Death’ by Bella Jewel is also $0.99
Knockout & Tapout by JC Valentine is $0.99.
These are MMA Fighter books.
I’m at about 68% in Lost Until You. It is a unique storyline, but sorry Jean, quite honestly I’m having a hard time with the writing. I don’t know how else to describe it other than it is choppy and reads more like dialogue. However, I will finish it, because I want to know how it turns out.
Finished Law of Moses and am not sure what to think, still. Just finished and have to say the epilogue was beautiful.
I only took a couple breaks from it and it made me fell moments of fear, anger, and heartbreak. But I still felt a disconnect. There are moments that hurt but usually I’d be sobbing. So, I don’t know.
It was a little choppy at parts Cheryl, but I was hooked on the storyline. I will definitely continue the series because I want to know about the other brothers and there’s also going to be a book about Stone!
Just had to share because these put a big smile on my face. I want to hug & snuggle that puppy so much.
Finished it Jean. It was a unique storyline and certainly full of alpha-males!:)
Now I have NO idea what to read next. Still looking for that story that punches my gut and that I don’t want to put down until I’m finished!
I’ll give it some more thought while I run some errands!
Thanks for sharing the vids Bev. Cheered up my day. 🙂
Keep going – oooh that looks good, only to find I have already purchased it and it is sat amongst the 2800 books on my Kindle! I keep doing a TBR list and then other books come along!! Maybe I should just go to a page on my kindle and select a book without reading the reviews??? I think I need help..one click crazy
Think i’m going to read Boy In A Band. It seems like it will have the gut-punch I’m looking for. 😉
Let us know how it is Cheryl. I downloaded that one too!
I decided to start FaCade (Deception Series 1) that Michelle recommended and found for 99 cents…. WHOA…. it’s a combination of The Tied Man, and Mud Vein, and Captive in the Dark… has elements of each… it’s a doozy, that’s for sure. Will keep you posted. Michelle, did you read this? They were not kidding with the “dark erotica” description.
Cheryl, if you don’t get the gut punch you’re looking for with Boy In A Band then I’ll join you for Unlit Star or Ten Below Zero. 😉
*Trying* to finish Moses (struggling though) and then it’s Light Shadows…ready for some PNR naughty-boy action!! *snort* Action. 😛
Hey no I haven’t read FaCade yet but was on my wish list since it was recommended by a friend who said I HAD TO read it. She has never lead me wrong so it must be good. I also was told that Empathy by the same author was amazing so I have both of them that I need to read soon. It’s in the same vein but I have Insidious next on my tbr list and plan to start that one tomorrow.
Fabi, I m glad you liked them. That puppy just looks like a giant pillow to me. Seriously want him to cuddle in my lap while I read. Though guessing you don’t want to teach a st. Bernard to be a lap dog.
Amy can I ask were you are in the book?
Will do Jean!
Ok, Amy, I read the descriptions for those two, why do I feel I’ll be ugly crying with those like I did Bright Side?! I definitely would have to buddy read them AND probably borrow your manatee AND have several of your drinks to get thru them. *you take “gut punched” seriously don’t you*
Maryse! I just saw your question about the makeup sales…sorry I missed it yesterday. MAC still has the Smoky Black Friday trio available at their online store, but the Urban Decay palette sale was only yesterday. 🙁 BUT, the flash sale for today at the UD site is two 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils for $20…I believe they are normally $20 each, and they are fabulous!!
Paula, 2800?!? Woo-hoo!! You topped my number!
I’m going to be starting From Scratch by Gail Stacy in a bit. It is a Christmas novella. He was injured in war and has selective amnesia and can remember everyone but his wife. One reviewer gave it an A & one gave it a C. It seems that the C was based on the husband maybe being too much an a$$ & too much info dumping in regards to some of the military aspects.
Then just saw a rec for another of hers called House of Payne that looks good and only .99.
Amy – I really need to slow down! I am sure I have only read half of them – and I can’t help adding to them! Books are my weakness!
Bev, I’m at 38%…like I said, I’m struggling. I’m just not “experiencing” the story but rather feel like I am being told what happened or like I am just watching it from the outside. Through frosted glass. And sometimes in fast forward. Ya know? 😕
Cheryl, I take getting gut punched (by a book, that is) *very* seriously. 😉 My favorite type of angsty read is the kind that makes me need a buddy reader, my manatee and a good strong drink – or four – and will punch me in the gut, heart and ovaries. Simultaneously. So, yeah…I think Unlit Star and Ten Below Zero might just give us that. But then Jean (aka my reading twin!) has to go and entice me with Cherry Girl! *sigh*
No, Paula…don’t tell me that! My number is the *un-read* books, and I thought your 2800 was as well. That’s okay though, you’re still up there with me. 😀
Amy – you have just made me feel soooo much better :0)
Amy that is exactly how I felt. Exactly. The scene at the rodeo that I truly felt. Then I felt a little more connected to Moses around the time he meets Tag.
There is one part that is very hard in the second part of the book. But again I still felt removed.
MichelleS and Michelle I’ve been doing so good resisting the sales and recs since I went crazy with book buys on Tuesday UNTIL you two combined forces. I don’t know if I can resist FaCade, Insidious and Empathy. And I don’t think I have any of them on my Kindle yet. 🙁
I’m almost done with Dark Light and was so sure I’d stick to my tbr for my next read. Now…idk if I can.
Michelle (either one of you) who is the author of FaCade pretty please?
FaCade and Empathy are both by Ker Dukey. Insidious is by Aleatha Romig – I just finished her Consequences series and loved it so I went looking for more. Sorry to hit ya with the force of Michelle squared Fabi 😉
Ok Amy, I’ll put those two on my tbr next list. Let me know when you’re ready and have the manatee on stand-by. 😉
Just have to finish Boy in A Band-at 25% and I’m liking it so far, the H/h are teenagers right now and it has that slow build with teenage angst going so far; know from the prologue there’s going to be much more angst over the years. Just made a strong vodka/cranberry…
Michelle(s) is FaCade part of a series? Is it complete?
Cheryl I just checked – CADEnce Book 2 and the conclusion to Book 1 FaCade comes out Dec. 5th.
I have no idea if it is part of a series. It says it is “Deception Series Book 1”, but I don’t know if it’s a continuation of their story or new ones for each book… I am at 62% now, will finish tonight and report back if it is a cliffhanger! At this point I have NO IDEA at all what’s going on. Haven’t figured it out yet. I love it when that happens. Can’t figure out if he’s a good guy, bad guy, or what. Wicked good!! And it was 99 cents!! Thank you Michelle.
Thanks Michelle(s). Another one to put on my tbr list!!
After all the crazy clicking I did over the past few days, I am completely stumped on what to read next! I thought maybe an MMA (which is my weakness), PNR, dark, erotic, MC?!?!….ugh! I hate when this happens! Then I took a look at my lists and was intrigued by Three Rivers. It has awesome reviews. Anyone read that one yet? Or any suggestions for an unputdownable book?
Amy, Cherry Girl!!!!!!!
Thanks Michelle. That’s who I thought the author was but wanted to make sure since there were so many.
Now I have a dilemma. I finished Dark Light (a bit of a cliffhanger). So do I buy book 2 which Amy says will tear me up? <— that's really scary coming from Amy — and wait to hear MichelleS's star rating on FaCade? Or do I buy FaCade and go straight into that one that already caught my attention?
MichelleS I'm always a little leary of dark reads because there are some I really can't handle. You know my reading tastes really well. Can I handle FaCade?
Michelle squared. *snort* that was really funny
I finished FaCade. So here’s the deal: it ends with a cliffhanger… dang it… and I did NOT see that coming at all. so that’s good – it surprised me. It was dark, though… and there’s one scene that is just… well… disturbing… but we’ve all read Captive in the Dark and Mud Vein and Tied Man and Bad Things… so we can handle it. I am giving book one 4.5 stars because it was riveting, but I didn’t get attached to anyone, you know? I’m waffling on the 4.5 stars….. but will read book two because now that I know, I’ve got to see how it plays out.
So now I am seriously ready for a Sweet Gum Tree kind of read. Seriously.
I’ve only read two of those you mention. I think I’ll wait till book 2 comes out next week. I’m already dealing with one cliffhanger.
If it was up to me, every book without a definitive ending would carry a warning. Something like *this is part 1* or even something more explicit. I just feel cheated when I invest my time in a book and I don’t get an ending.
Fabi, I totally agree. Nothing pisses me off more than for a book to end on a cliffhanger that I knew nothing about. Would be really great if there was a warning up front!! Warning: cliffhanger or warning: story to be continued…
Fabi – out of that list, which two have you NOT read? because they were all great!
Just finished a book I really liked, Starting from Scratch by Stacy Gail. If anyone is in the mood for a contemporary Christmas romance this is a nice one. It is also a novella so just a bite of a book for the speed readers around here.
MichelleS I have not read Captive in the Dark or Mud Vein. The only reason I finished Tied Man was because it was a group read. Ugh still hate thinking about that story. And remember what a hard time I had reading The Siren? Almost couldn’t finish that one. We exchanged several emails about that one. But…I read Bad Things twice and can’t wait to read it again. I even had a bit of a hard time with After. So…I don’t know. I guess I like some dark reads but not all of them.
Yey sounds really good MichelleS – I love books that I can’t figure out, nothing is more boring than predictability to me. I’m going to wait until the next part comes out and read them back to back then.
Fabi, I will voice my opinion on the second book in the Dark Light series. Amy convinced me to read the first two books and I enjoyed them a lot (the second book even more) but I didn’t get the angst wallop I was expecting. Maybe it’s because I read a lot of paranormal? I have the third book already to read so it’s a great series but I still do not get what everyone freaked out over in book 2…you’ll have to let me know what you think because I feel like I’m in the “I don’t get it” corner all alone 🙁
I’m going to set Moses aside for a bit and maybe pick it up later. I am seriously struggling with it, and I have too many books waiting to be read for me to spend time slodging through one that I’m just not feeling. There are (as of right now) 80 five-star reviews and 1 four-star review on Amazon, so maybe it’s just me? Although it does make me feel a little better that you’re feeling the same way as me, Bev!
Fabi, I wouldn’t consider Mud Vein dark. It’s just a good ol’ Tarryn Fisher 5-star mindf*ck that I loved and hated. Like, HATED. But I loved it just as much. And that *rarely* happens with me. I know, doesn’t make a lot of sense but there’s that. 😉
Michelle, what had me all twisted up in The Dark Prince (book 2) was the…um…”deal” or “arrangement” that was decided on for Dorian and how it affected Gabriella. You know what I’m referring to? *That* and how long it lasted is what killed me. I swear my tummy started to eat itself and then it went after my heart to eat that too! *giggle* I loved every second of it. 😛
Oh, and cliffhangers? $%#&@%&#@%#!!!!!!! Unless the next book is out, then I’m okay with it. 😉
I started Dark Prince last night and so far so good. I love reading all the recommendations I get here!!!
I’m going to finish Frenched today. I squirreled for TLOM (meh) & SFS (yay).
Not sure why I did as it is a fun book.
I also started Maybe Maby last night. Maby was a surprise. Something about her that I do not remember being alluded to in the blurb.
After that I have a few calling my name just not sure which way I’ll jump.
Just finished Boy in A Band. It was SO good. A LONG drawn-out angst filled, seemingly unrequited love relationship. I am sitting here with tears running down my face still in shock at not only how it ended but at the events leading up to the end. The *way* I was broadsided with an *event* made me think it couldn’t possibly be real, even though I have finished the book and know it is. Amy I so need your manatee!! I know there is a sequel, but not sure I’m going to read it. It somehow seems to take place prior to the ending of BIAB. Ugh, now I have to re-think what I want to read next. I wanted a gut-punch and I so got that!! *sniffle, ugly cry*
Oh Cheryl. *Hugz* just the name of that book had me flinching
Thanks Fabi. Think I’ll find a light-hearted, sweet read…
Hmmm Amy well I get the part and the drawn out nature but maybe I was in a funk or something because it didn’t dissolve my stomach lining 😉 I have the last book set to read this week so excited to see how it wraps up!
Ooo speaking of recs Fabi, all of the Razorland series by Ann Aguirre are on sale today. I only got the first one from when you posted your list so I grabbed the other two. I really want to read that series NOW…but I’m forcing myself to stick with my tbr list in order.
Oh and I forgot for the Walking Dead fans here, a major character is suppose to be killed off tonight! It better not be Daryl, Rick or Michonne just saying!
I hear ya Cheryl. I’d love another like Unmaking Hunter Kennedy or even Offside but haven’t see anything remotely like the come across is ages.
Michelle, that’s a good one for sure. A series I have in hardback. Those are my special books. Lol
Seems like there were some recommendations for a sweet, funny book in the comments. Have to look back thru them…
Oh no Cheryl…. I don’t know if I can read BIAB now! You made me afraid! Is it a reeeaaaally sad ending??
I ended up reading Three Rivers and it’s good so far… little bit of mystery, secrets and lots of hot sex! It’s the first book to city of champions which is getting great reviews!
Jean, not a really sad ending, just not the expected way you thought the story would progress and end.
Finished In Bloom and it was sooo sweet. If anyone needs that happy, sweet type book, that one is definitely it. About four stars ish for me.
Oh! And InTENse 2 is out. I just bought it, since I’ve only read Brady Remington Landed Me in Jail (a seriously good, fun book). Very Wicked convinced me because I can’t believe I’ve yet to read it or buy it!
*hands manatee to Cheryl* Okay, so BIAB is not a sad ending per se but still made you need Manny? Now I am *really* intrigued!!
Michelle, I totally get it. I think our moods often have an effect on how we react to a story. The Law of Moses has people loving it based on the Amazon reviews, but I just wasn’t feeling anything and I know Bev felt the same way. *shrugs* I’m starting Light Shadows tonight though and am so excited for it!! 😀
I heard that about tonight’s episode of Walking Dead! I read an interview with Norman Reedus (Daryl) where he said he sat on an apple box and cried for an hour before they started filming a certain scene because he wanted to get it all out and not cry during the actual filming. Aw crap. We’re in for it now, aren’t we?
MichelleS, thanks for the heads up on the cliffhanger in FaCade. 😉
Jean, isn’t Cherry Girl a spinoff from another series? I could be wrong…wouldn’t be the first time. 😛
Amy, thanks for the manatee. What I meant was BIAB wasn’t a REALLY sad ending. Definitely gut-punch book with twists I didn’t see coming and I was crying by the end. Hope that makes sense. Was it a HEA?- don’t think you want me to say one way or another.
*raises hand* to Tessa’s comment about needing happy, sweet type book.
*checking out In Bloom*… Rock Star, oh this sounds like what I need right now!!! 😉
Yes Amy, Cherry Girl is a spinoff from the Blackstone Series.
The Rocker Who Shatters Me showed up on my Kindle today! Love when that happens! So excited? Great series!
Thanks, Jean! I just checked and I have both Cherry Girl and Naked (the first Blackstone book) so yay me! 😀 The Rocker Who series…yet another one I am behind on. *sigh*
Okay, off topic but I just have to reach out to any WD fans…did you see it last night??? I knew someone was going to die and even thought that was who it might be, but still! *sob* Alright, retail therapy time for me with Cyber Monday!! 😉
Amy, didn’t watch but had to look it up. No way I could wait. Not happy.
I know that no one is safe and I appreciate that about the show, but so much build up in regards to that character’s story for this season almost seems anti climatic.
Omg Amy, you haven’t read the Blackstone series?!? Hot, hot, hot! The author based Ethan Blackstone on David Gandy. Google “David gandy milk” (trust me!) I love milk! Haha! I tried to post link to picture here but couldn’t……
Jean, I haven’t read the Blackstone series but downloaded Cherry Girl. Should I read that series before the spinoff or can I just jump right to Cherry Girl?
Amy, WD was sooo sad! I posted yesterday that I knew someone was going to die but did not expect that at all!
Cherry Girl is standalone. You really don’t have to read the series first, but the characters are in the Blackstone series briefly and the series was great so I recommend that too! Hope you like it!
Tessa, thanks so much for the recommendation of In Bloom. It’s just what I needed. I’m at 43% and loving it!! 😉
Jean, The Rocker series?(I’m with you Amy, yet another series I haven’t read!!) Do I need to read them in order?
Cheryl, yes you have to read The Rocker series in order! They are great!
Amy, you were right about Dark Prince. Yes, Michelle, it’s got me all twisted up. I got to 60% last night -the deal- and read to 70% this morning hoping for something better. But nothing yet and honestly, I just want to stop reading this now and throw my Kindle through the window for making me feel this way. *note to self* next time Amy says a story hurts, PAY ATTENTION.