P.S. Check out my latest two reviews:
- Book Review – Whitney, My Love by Judith McNaught
- Book Review – Whispers and the Roars by K. Webster
I’m finished (and ready to review) the highly recommended historical romance entitled “Whitney, My Love” and oh boy did it put me through the ringer. Almost 750 pages of one heck of a crazy love story, and I’ve got a few… choice words, let’s just say. 😉 Still, I get the enthusiasm for it.
*grumbles* stupid jerk-face Clayton *grumble grumble*
But what makes me extra happy right now? It’s time for me to start a new book, and I am choosing one out of the list below. Problem? There’s three that I’m dying to read from the list right now (like that one up there to the left… AMY!! I have a feeling it’s gonna be a Marmy book!!), and now I have to make a choice, ’cause I already one-clicked a new release from this week that also sounds pretty crazy. Hmmm… that’s not so much of a problem, though. 😉
Now… take a look at what we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Wait for It by Mariana Zapata <— LIVE!!!!! MARIANA ZAPATA SLOW BURN ALERT and Jan is reading it as we speak (and GLUED to it)!
Jan: I’m 45% in and really liking it. But, be warned, it IS a slow burn like Kulti and WoW. I FLOVED those two books, esp. Kulti. But I can see how some people got bored with it. But I loved the characters and was happy to dig deep into to their stories for the great payoff in the end. I didn’t really like the other MZ books as much.
Wait For It seems to be similar in style to Kulti and Wow, although it’s a different kind of story from those two. The h is Diana Cassilis, best friend of Vanessa (from WoW) and a relative (cousin maybe?) of Sal from Kulti. But it’s completely a standalone. You gradually get to know the great characters in the book as their stories unfold and relationships develop. Diana is just lovely, and she’s got a heckuva lot to deal with but she does it so well. And there are lots of funny, sweet moments.
I’m glued to this book and have dropped the other ones I was reading till I’m done with this one. So far I highly recommend it to anyone who liked Kulti or WoW or who appreciates slow burn and well-written characters with integrity.
- Dancer (The Good Guys Book 2) by Jamie Schlosser <— LIVE!!! SHE’S A SORT OF… STRIPPER ALERT! “My life may not have turned out the way I thought it would, but I’m not complaining. From 9pm to 1am several days a week I get paid to feel sexy, to feel desired, to do what I love. I always knew I wanted to be a dancer—I just didn’t realize I’d be doing it in a cage…“
- Torch (Devil Souls MC Book 1) by LeAnn Ashers <— LIVE!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! And he saved her and made her his… “Torch is the Vice President of the Devils Souls MC. The men are violent and scary, but I learned to trust them, because above everything else, their women are protected. They became my family. My only family.“
- NOWHERE: (Crimson Outlaws MC #1) by Bink Cummings <— LIVE!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT (and a single mom high school teacher)! LisaKay recommends it!!
LisaKay: Maryse I just read “NoWhere” by Bink Cummings, the book came out Dec. 6th. I couldn’t find it on here, so I was letting you and your readers know it was out. It was an awesome read, as all her books are, it already has like fourty four 5 star reviews.
- Wild in the Windy City: The Anthology by M. Dauphin, J.D. Hollyfield, Ryan Michele, JM Witt, FL Jacob, Danielle Jamie, Jenna Galicki, Sapphire Knight, Lisa Suzanne, Elle Christensen, Evan Grace <— LIVE ANTHOLOGY FOR A GREAT CAUSE!!!
- Whispers and the Roars by K. Webster <— SOUNDS DARK & I ONE CLICKED IT SO HARD & AM STARTING TONIGHT!!! AUTHOR SAYS TO GO IN BLIND AND AVOID REVIEWS which has me even MORE intrigued!!! I think Amy’s reading it too, so it’ll be a sort of buddy read!! Er… well, I think I’m starting it next… ’cause there’s also that other one up there to the left that has my attention, big time!!
Lisa: Ladies (and gentlemen, if any are lurking), Whispers and the Roars is in the bag, and it was amazing. For anyone who fears it as a dark read or because it has triggers, please don’t. The triggers aren’t really in your face or over the top. It is, at it’s very core, an unconditional love story.
- Tough Luck (A Luck Brothers Standalone) by Liv Morris <— LIVE!!! FOOTBALL STAR ON A REALITY SHOW ALERT!! “When Amelia Adams tells everyone my days as Chicago’s quarterback are over, I vow never to give her another minute of my time–until the team owner sees an empty stadium, and forces us together on a reality show in hopes of filling the seats.“
- Once She Dreamed: Part Two by Abbi Glines <— LIVE!!! ABBI GLINES ALERT!!
- Mr. Match: A Mister Standalone (The Mister Series Book 5) by J.A. Huss <— LIVE!!!! J.A. HUSS ALERT!!! (P.S. This is NOT a standalone, so here’s the series reading order)
- Yours to Bare by Jessica Hawkins <— LIVE!!! SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE ANGSTY!!!
- Pub Fiction Boxed Set by Gillian Jones <— HE’S A PLAYER… SERIES BUNDLED AT A BARGAIN PRICE ALERT!! “He’s the guy who girls like me should avoid. I’m smart; I know better. But when I’m with him, I feel things I’ve never felt before. Things I never knew I wanted. I can’t deny it … I like the chase…“
- Bird Box: A Novel by Josh Malerman <— HORRORish BOOK THAT I LOVED!!! Super creepy post-apocalyptic story! NOBODY can look outside… or else… and Tasha and Jean found us this one on super-sale right now!! (here’s my review)
Tasha: For all the triller/spooky book lovers, Bird Box by Josh Malerman is on sale… through Dec. 31st!
Jean: Loved that book…. totally unforgettable!
Amy: I really liked it!! Not terrifying but definitely creepy with enough intensity to keep me reading.
- See No Evil by Chantal Fernando <— LIVE!!! BAD BOY ALERT!! “…if Sylar treats me as though I’m his world, does it matter that technically he is not a good man? He’s good to me. He’s good for me…“
- On Thin Ice by Carrie Aarons <— LIVE!!! HE’S THE LAID BACK GROUNDSKEEPER & SHE’S THE RICH ICY HEIRESS ALERT!!! “Nathan Rush is a small town man who has never dreamed of a bigger life. Until, that is, the only surviving heiress of America’s richest family lands on his doorstep. Nathan is the groundskeeper at Hollis House, the Valon family’s upstate New York mansion just outside of Harlin Falls, the quiet, sleepy town he was raised in. He’s an honest, hard-working man who wants nothing more than a beer and a hockey game on TV at the end of the night. Except, when the ice princess starts to melt, Nathan pictures his future in a way he never has before…” Nancy found it for us, and it’s super-bargain priced right now!
- Black Widow by Lauren Runow <— THEY MEET IN A SEX CLUB ALERT!!! “My marriage ended tragically. Since then, the only excitement in my lonely, pathetic, workaholic life is reading erotic novels. However, I now have the chance to be whoever I want to be, where no one knows my past and will never be my future.” (Nancy found us this one on super-bargain and she loves it!)
Nancy: If your looking for a psych-thriller than you should give Black Widow by Lauren Runow a try. It is romantic Suspense, Erotica, Murder Mystery, Broken Souls,
Grey: …read an older release… Black Widow by Lauren Runow, pretty sure a bunch here have already read this one. Hot and steamy with a good bit of mystery. 4.25 stars for this one too.
- Take Me With You by Nina G. Jones <— GO IN BLIND/ADRENALINE-RUSH, SUPER-DARK READ ALERT!!!! My 2 book buds, Sally and Lori say THIS BOOK IS FOR ME!!!!!!! *squeeeeee*
Sally: Maryse!!!! Wake up!! It’s super early in New York but I can’t hold back LOL I have to share! Okay so I don’t know this author, in fact I have NEVER read this author before. But this book is AWESOME and I don’t know if you have read it yet?!? You know I LOVE me some dark reads and practically NOTHING gets to me BUT …It is one of the most disturbing, gut wrenching, non stop ADRENALINE rushes I have been on in a LONG time! Not for the faint of heart. But if I have any dark read sista’s out there don’t pass this one up. Go in blind!! Don’t read ANY reviews. Easy 5 Star read! And you won’t be able to put it down till your done!
Lori: Completely agree!! It’s so messed up but sooooo good!! it was such a rush I couldn’t put it down. Maryse I think it’s right up your alley!
Maryse: OH YAY MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Okay I’m one-clicking it, and adding it to today’s Reader Recs list. :D!!!! I’m WAY too excited now!!!! Gah!!! I love to wake up to messages like this!!!!
Lori: lolol I made Sally read it but then she beat me (yes that’s how busy i am lol) and she had to hold my hand!! and listen to my rants
- Room for You (Cranberry Inn Book 1) by Beth Ehemann” <— SWEET SPORTS ROMANCE ALERT!!! Theresa recommends it BIG time!!
Theresa: Hey Maryse…I have 2 book recs..totally different ends of the spectrum…first is Room for You by Beth Ehemann…a sweet and sexy sports romance that has just enough angst but nothing over the top…add in a set of adorable 5 year old twins and a great supporting cast of characters and I was hooked…It was a 4.5 star read for me.
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi <— INTENSE TWIST-AND-TURNY DYSTOPIAN ALERT!! Theresa recommends this one too!
Theresa: The second I am currently reading and at about 70 percent…is Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi…in one word “INTENSE”…it is a dystopian / sci-fi? (Difficult to categorize) read that has many twists and turns that have left me breathless…the way it is written allows me to fully experience the array of thoughts and emotions experienced by Juliette (h) as she navigates some horrendous situations and at the same time experiences the touch of a loving hand for the first time…I can’t wait to see where this story goes…already got the novella and book 2…I am hooked! Hope you enjoy these recs…happy reading!
- She, the Kingdom by Olivian Pope <— RECENT RELEASE ABOUT “THIS THING” and the blurb is only ONE SENTENCE? And SO VAGUE (yet totally intriguing!). Some are talking about it (I’ve been hearing a bit about it here and there) but I can’t get a feel for it, but lucky for us Tasha is reading it. This book (and all that is tied to it) appears to be a mystery… 😉 In fact, Tessa won’t even tell us… she says: “Never had I really read a book about *this thing* I can say that for sure.” <— GASP!!! WHAT IS “THIS THING”?!!!
Tasha: Hey guys! …I had to mention this book Im reading real quick. She, the Kingdom by Olivian Pope. Anyone else read this??! Check out that blurb!! I was really intrigued especially after I briefly caught some reviews so as not to spoil. It’s probably too early to tell, but so far I’m really enjoying it!! I’m about 30ish percent, reads quick, has good writing, the story is giving me feels! It’s weird though, but still I’m looking past the weird and it has me jittery you guys!! I’m wanting to know what the heck is gonna happen, and the anticipation has me going crazy. Has a bit of a 50 shades feel so far! 🙂 And Nay (I think it was Nay), if you’re still in the mood for hot forbidding, angst and you haven’t read this, maybe give it a try!
Nay: Tasha–thanks for the recommendation! I will definitely check that out! But what I want to know is, how does that author expect to get their name out there and sell any books? There’s no info about her/him on GR, Amazon, FB or anywhere that I can find. No web page, no nothing. The title doesn’t really tell you what the book is about and the blurb is one vague sentence, so how can anyone even know if they want to read it or not?? IF they happen to come across it.
Tasha: Nay, I dk the one sentence blurb is what had intrigued me. That and the reviews of how great it was even with her being a first time author. But also how everyone says it’s so weird. Seriously out of curiosity I just read the sample and decided I had to know more. You’ll see what’s weird about it just in that much. I’m about halfway through now and my eyes constantly bulge, my heart races, I’m like wth, seriously, omg I bet I know what’s gonna happen, and I can’t help but laugh too. Never had I really read a book about *this thing* I can say that for sure. And it’s super fast. If I had the time I probably could’ve been done by now and I just started it today. So far I’d say it’s a guilty pleasure read for me and it’s a little thrilling too, anticipating what’s next. But seriously, the subject matter!!! LOL is all I can say right now. Maybe the author is relying on word of mouth for sales? I dk
Tasha: Finished! I’m not sure what my rating will be yet, though leaning towards 4ish stars. I really enjoyed it, it was entertaining for sure and I became quickly absorbed in the drama and angst. The writing was really good, and I liked that it was a quick read bc sometimes I don’t want to spend a week on a book, but also it moved too fast and skipped over some character development and connection. It was hot, if not kind of weird. Lol All in all Id definitely recommend it and think a lot of you here would like it!
Ela: Tasha, I see there is a book 2 so I’m curious if there is a cliffy.
Tasha: No cliffy…just MORE
- Once We Were Brothers by Ronald H. Balson <— TWO FRIENDS THAT FIND THEMSELVES ON OPPOSITE SIDES OF THE HOLOCAUST and it’s back on sale!!! There are TONS of AMAZING reviews (over 2000!!!) & we have fellow readers right here that absolutely LOVED this one and highly recommend it!!!
Lindsay: “Maryse, just read Once We Were Brothers Although not your typical genre, I know you will love it. Couldn’t put it down for anything…”
Andrea: This is one of my favourite books of 2016!
- From Sand and Ash by Amy Harmon <— SURE BET OF AWSEOMENESS!!! And R is reading it as we speak!
R: From Sand and Ash and My Broken Soul by Amy Harmon“Angelo must have slept in the damp grass beside the road for a while, but the evening was cold and his cassock was thin, and he awoke, shivering.”
Aaaaannnd…I’m crying again. I think I may be re-sending you my top ten Maryse.
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Scarlet Stone by Jewel E. Ann – December 10th 2016 <— TOMORROW!!!!!
- Nice Guys Bite (Elemental Assassin) by Jennifer Estep – December 12th 2016
- Light After Dark: A Gansett Island Novel by Marie Force – December 13th 2016
- Dark Crime by Christine Feehan
- Bestie: Joker’s Wrath MC by Bella Jewel – December 13th 2016
- Sweet Surrender: A MacKenzie Family Novella (The MacKenzie Family) by Liliana Hart – December 13th 2016
- Max: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) by Sawyer Bennett – December 13th 2016
- Beyond Surrender (Beyond, Book #9) by Kit Rocha – December 13th 2016
- Jaded Hearts (Loaded Replay Book 1) by Harper Sloan – December 13th 2016
- Naughty Boss by Whitney G. – December 15th 2016!!!
- Devil’s Vengeance: Sydney Storm MC by Nina Levine – December 15th 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).