Just a mini “Friday Finds” list today (’cause I think yesterday’s surprise release list stole today’s show) but we still have some goodies (and I will be adding more throughout the day as we find them 🙂
P.S. Don’t forget to check out yesterday’s list: ➔ Surprise! A Thursday “New Release” list!
- Constant (The Confidence Game Book 1) by Rachel Higginson <— RACHEL HIGGINSON’S LATEST IS LIVE!!!! I LOOOOOVVVVE THIS AUTHOR!! BLURB JOLT ALERT!! Eeeeeeep!!! This sounds crazy scary and adrenalizing!!! “Fifteen years ago I met Sayer Wesley. I fell in love with him. I promised I would never leave him. I swore nothing could break us apart. Five years ago I broke my promise. I ran away. I took the one secret that could destroy us both and disappeared. Five days ago I thought I saw him. I knew it was impossible. Sayer was locked away, serving a deserved sentence in federal prison. He couldn’t find me. He wouldn’t find me. I was too good at hiding. Too good at surviving. Because if Sayer ever found me, there would be hell to pay for a plethora of sins. The worst of which, he didn’t even know about. Five hours ago, I told myself I was crazy. Five minutes ago, I saw him again. Five seconds ago, I was too late.
Kathy: Maryse, one more book for you to add. Rachel Higginson’s new book Constant is out today. Free on KU. She has been a must read for me just like Mariana Zapata!
- #Delete by Sandi Lynn <— SHE’S TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT MAKES MEN TICK... “...Did the guy you like suddenly “Ghost” you? #Delete.vDid it take him two weeks to reply to your text message which involved you asking him a question? #Delete. Did he promise to call you in a day or two and then went MIA?” #Delete. Did the two of you have a scheduled date and he cancelled thirty minutes before it was about to happen? Or worse yet, not show up at all? #Delete. My name is Eloise Moore and this my story of how #Delete and one nasty text message sent to the wrong number changed my life forever…”
- Playing to Win: Risking It Book 2 by Autumn Reed
- Lawless by Sam Crescent <— ANTHOLOGY ALERT!! “Our twelve hand-picked novellas are dark, dirty, and will make you see bad boys in a whole new light. From bikers to hitmen, these dangerous men won’t be satisfied until they have everything they came for—until they have her.“
- Love on the Edge of Time by Julie Richman <— RECENT RELEASE & ANA GAVE IT 5 STARS!
Ana: Just finished love in the edge of time, 5 heartfelt stars like nothing I read before and I read a book a day.
- Savage: The Awakening of Lizzie Danton by L.A. Fiore <— THEY CALL HIM A MONSTER… “…He lives in a castle fit for a fairy tale, but he’s no prince. He’s savage. He’s brutal. He’s a killer. By an act of fate, our worlds collide. They call him a monster, but he is my salvation…“
- (Sur)real (Judgement of the Six Book 6) by Melissa Haag <— RECENT RELEASE & Robyn LOVES this series!
Robyn: Melissa Haag’s last book in The Judgement series came out today called (Sur)real. This is a fantastic Wolf PNR. Everyone gets together with their soulmate throughout the books, form their own pack and fulfill a prophecy. The writing is fantastic and I fell in love with all the characters.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
Good morning!! Happy, happy Friday!!!
Morning Nay! TGIF!
Good morning ladies! I normally hang back in the background but I had to pop in to tell you you all need try Athica Lane by Brynne Asher asap. It feels just like back in KA world !!!
Ooooo..Savage is MINE…Clickety click!!! Good Friday morning!
Wow, Constant sounds reeaaallllly good!
Good morning! I can’t believe the holiday season is quickly approaching. I am excited for black friday deals though. 🙂
GOOD MORNING! TGIF
Good morning all! I’ve finally accomplished a little bit of prenatal yoga this morning (never done any yoga at all before), and exercise is NOT my thing, but I’m forcing myself to do things which is so good for my mentality. Hopefully, I keep up on it. So, I’m feeling good today. A little online shopping on my to do list today, Macy’s has the charter club sheets I like on sale, so I’ll buy a couple of those. Maybe order a Roku for my bedroom, a new bedding set? We’re planning on a new mattress and a new stove for ourselves for xmas this year and those are big purchases so that’s mostly the extent of our budget. We do the want, need, read, and wear for the kids, with a Santa gift bc they’re small yet, and some stocking stuffers and a xmas box on xmas eve with pjs, a movie, popcorn and hot coco. I’ll get all the sets of parents something small too, usually. AND so far, all I’ve got is the pjs and a big gift for each kid that can work as the want or Santa. I’ve got lots of work to do!! Lol
YAAYYYYY ELABELL IS IN THE HOUSE!!! WHAT WHAT!!
Let’s just all go home and watch romcoms together. Big cups of peppermint hot chocolate and marshmallows. Movie marathon! Whose in and what’s on the line up?
I’m in!! Later though and I’ll have to buy the Roku for my room so I can get Notting Hill. The kids can watch Elf with me tonight before bed or for quiet time.
No hot coco for me though. It hates me like caffeinated coffee. 🙁 🙁 And I love it SO MUCH!!
Good morning ladies!!!
Miss you all like crazy but I’ll catch up this evening.
By the way…TGIF can also mean Thank God I’m Female. 😛
No romcoms for me (I don’t watch them…I just don’t :?) but I’ll watch a zombie movie while finally getting a chance to read. 😀
Hey now. I’m still surprised that The Princess Bride is considered a romcom. It’s one of my favorites and yep, I read the book first. 😀
It’s a small book release day, isn’t it? OH well, that just makes it easier to get through the TBR. I’m already reading another “shiny” book when I REALLY need to read Mistborn. Butterfly by Cambria Hebert. So far, cute. It’s the pop star meets normal girl trope, and I’m enjoying each second of it.
Random thought….who would be interested in doing like a book exchange for xmas? I don’t participate in any exchanges over here, you’ve seen my xmas buying list, and I don’t actually have any real ‘friends’ that I’m close to anymore, just acquaintances (mostly for my daughter’s school and activities) so being in the xmas gift giving spirit and all, I thought it might be fun to gift a book. Would anyone want to do something like this? Or have another fun idea to do for the holidays?
I have officially given up hope that I’ll ever get my FB back but I was able to create a group! So if you’re on FB come find me! Tessa? Grey? Ela? Lisa already did! I just shared it on my author page.
Notting Hill….swoooon!! I love that movie. Whoopsie Daisy is my favorite line….or I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. Gaaaaahhhhhh!
Tasha – I would love to buy someone their favorite book as a gift on here!! Or something we want them to read!! I like it and I’d participate.
A whole list of candles, I love candles.
I’d buy someone a book. Like an ebook?
Drive-by commenting here but…
I’d totally buy someone an ebook from their wishlist! 😀 Like the pick-for-me thing but as a Secret Santa?
Maybe have a list on GR for us to pick from.
Yay! I like the having a little list idea, or even picking one we think someone will like. The only thing that worries me is if someone already has the book. I was thinking ebooks, that way only emails are involved. I mean, I trust you guys and all, but this is the World Wide Web. Lol!
TJ (btw that’s your new nickname Tasha) I luuuurrve that Idea!!!
Can someone please start a new thread on GR eBooks4Xmass or something and we can iron out the details!?!
Tasha, good luck with Yoga – I love it!
Finished Drive, and what a ride. There is only 1 thing that bothered me . . . The song Drive was not originally done by Deftones, but by by The Cars. Other than that, 5+ Stars!
I decided to read something I already had on my Kindle, and Riven was the winner.
Happy Friday everyone!
Thanks Sharon, I kind of feel like I have no idea what I’m doing…breathe when? Down, up, curve in or out?? Lol
Watching Elf now!! And I got a Roku for later. Not sure I’ll make it though, I’m usually out by 9. If not, I’ll watch Notting Hill tomorrow. Make a weekend out of it. 😉
Yaaay bev. I’m in for the romcoms and the hot chocolate and marshmallows. I’ll bring a big box of chocolates to share. Let’s add When Harry Met Sally to the list. Do we wear our jammies?
I like the idea of a book exchange. That sounds fun.
I should say that, I didn’t take Consent into consideration since it’s a KU and I grabbed it last night. 🙂 So one on the list for my TBR.
Absolutely and definitely Princess Bride too.
I like RomComs, but right now my daughter has us watching Baby Driver.
R. glad you got a group created, but sorry I’m not on FB.
Tasha- prenatal yoga-does that mean your’e pregnant?
List on GR’s sounds good. Budget?
Constant does sound good- love this author, but it has a cliffhanger and the second book doesn’t come out until February. So needless to say, I’m waiting until February.
I want to watch Baby Driver, looked good.
TASHA is having a boy and naming him Travis Africa Jack Maddox.
Lol, Bev! I don’t think I’ve seen anything for Baby Driver, I’ll have to check that out. I agree with you Jan on Harry Met Sally, long overdue to watch that. Elf just ended, loved it! It doesn’t seem to get old. -I am Cheryl! 3rd and final, we’re pretty much 100% on calling him Jasper Lee. The kids have voted. This one’s taking a toll on my mind and body, so I thought yoga would be a good route to take. I had a little trouble stretching to full capacity with the dog on one side too close and the kids on the other, but I think it was ok. I’m using YouTube. Haha
Congratulations Tasha!!!!! I too, love the name Jasper. How cool is that?!!
I’ve never started a thread on GR, but I’ll try this weekend for the exchange. Notting Hill and When H Met S will have to wait until tomorrow, I dk how to set up my Roku and I won’t see hubby till then.
Amazon Prime Members- I got the free trial today, may keep it, thinking of trying the pantry feature. Anyone use this?? If I can go to the grocery very minimally this winter, I would be in heaven.
Love the name you’ve chosen, Tasha. So exciting for you.
Tasha…love the name Jasper Lee! I wanted to call our GSP Jasper but the hubs was not down with that…so he is Scout….Jasper Scout…LOL. And Lee…my sweet weim was Lee. The hubs will only name them one syllable names …Lee , Scout…so yeah.
Cheryl and Tessa…just finished Constant…yep it’s a cliffy…ughhhh! Why do I always do this?!??
But apart from being a cliffy, DG, what did you think?
Thanks all! D.G. I do really love the name Scout too, like TKAM! Lee is my father in law’s middle name and I thought it fit well. My other 2 have our middle names, so those were out.
I wish I’d been the one to guinea pig Constant. CH don’t bother me, and if I find it, I always give the heads up. 🙂
Jasper Lee sounds good. It’ll work well from baby to adult and will be a strong name.
Jan, it was good. There is a good bit of hopping back from past to present but it was still good. Cliffies are not my favs…I want it all like now. And I do tend to ‘forget’ or lose interest if it takes too long to come out.
Tasha, the crazy part is I find myself calling Scout…Boo also. Whereas I would sometimes call Lee …Beau. Crazy! Even though Scout is not called Jasper…he is listed as Jasper Scout on his AKC papers.
Again, LOVE both names! So many cute names out there, you have to have a rhyme or reason to pick one.
Sorry Tessa…wish you would have been the guinea pig for Constant…dang that cliffy!
lol No. I just would’ve warned you. 🙂 I have no issues with them, and if I forget, within the first chapter I usually remember. Or I put a little hint in my GR review. That helps a lot.
Tasha- congrats and I love the name.
D.G.- that’s why I don’t like cliffhangers- I forget too much or lose interest by the time the next book comes out.
I would like to join the book gift exchange too.
Congrats Tasha, that third one kills you.
D.G i tend not to read the book as I forget the book or I get cross that I can’t continue. Then I just forget about it.
I did it! lol I’m so proud of myself…I made a thread on GR in misc. chatter for the exchange. Hop on over to chat!
TG!!!!!! Yayyyyyyy I lurv the name Jasper and I remember commenting about it when we had that naming contest!
Soooo many awesome nickname names like: Jas, Jaz, Jay
Heading over to GR to check out your thread….
Okay so I started “Hot Cop” but I just can’t get into it… as much as I wish I could, because I want to read a book about a cop in uniform, and a girl who’s crushing on him, and all the fun hard-to-getness, or no-nonsense that comes with those kinds of characters (or at least per what I’m craving).
I just need it to be more serious, and less instant-lust and constant-sexy-thoughts, and this one isn’t giving me that. So….
I started “Dirty Filthy Men” an THIS one has my attention for sure. Not at all the same thing, but I’m intrigued.
Hmm. Not exactly what the title brings to mind, but ok.
LOL right bev? But the reason I went in despite the title was because of a few reactions here about how good it was (and total jerk-face bully type). Couldn’t help myself.
I had a helluva week and just have to share the highlights…or “lowlights”…
From a 73-year-old woman: I went on a singles cruise and caught the chlamydia that was going around but I’m all cleared up now. Can I donate?
Me: *inspects inner arm* Is that a pimple or a bug bite?
Man: Just a pimple. *pops pimple right in front of me*
Me: Can you push your sleeves up so I can check your arms or are the sleeves too tight?
Woman: *whips off top and sits in her bra*
From a 16-year-old boy: The question is asking if I came into contact with someone else’s blood. Does having sex with my girlfriend on her period count?
Soooooo, how was everyone else’s week??
GASP TO ALL OF YOU!!!
Speaking of the lice… have you read “Wait For It”? 😉
I love that cute baby!!!!!!
I had A. Week. Girls… right up on scale with Amy’s. CPS. Troopers. Head lice. Gah. However, my babies are on the Honor Roll at school. So yeah, proud mom moment.
Still reading our group read… almost done, lol. Should we have a 3 things night?
*frantically scratches head*
NO TALKING ABOUT HEAD LICE!!!
Good lord, I’m gonna be scratching my head for the rest of the day now…
Omg Amy, hilarious!!! Well, not for you yet (sorry)! Hahaha
Head lice?! *scratches head*
I’m sure you handled it like a pro Amy. Lol.
As much as I could, bev. As much as I could. *shakes head*
Yes, but I don’t know if any of us have a neighbor like Dallas to pick them out.
So let’s stop talking of them.
I told you, Maryse. *loves bullies*
Ugh, *hates head lice* seriously, Cheryl knows exactly what I’m talking about!. *sigh*
1) It is supposed to snow tonight. While one part of me is excited…. the adult part of me is cringing.
2) I only have to work one day this week! Woot woot!
3) I need a bully. *giggle* Maryse is making me SUPER jealous! Tessa… *whines* can you find me a bully???
4) because I’m a big fat cheater, because of reason number 1… I’m making cookies! at least 2 kinds, the ultimate cookie and my shortbread sugar cookie
Dammit all of you…
*furiously scratches head*
Amy that’s hilarious. I bet you struggle to keep a straight face and stay professional sometimes.
A few years ago a lot of kids at my school got **** (see bev, I didn’t say it) and I was the ONLY TEACHER in the whole school that got them as well :/
Congrats Grey for your kids’ achievement. WTG!
*snags one of Grey’s shortbread cookies*
*keeps scratching head*
I’m going to go and wash my hair in scalding water now. 😕
Ewww. Don’t scratch them off over the cookies.
Sadly just washing in hot water will do absolutely nothing to them.
Oh.my. My head seriously itches now.
*raises hand* May I make a suggestion? a couple of drops of Tea Tree Oil in your shampoo… or Peppermint Oil, the creepy crawlies… don’t seem to like the scents.
I got rid of them with ti tree oil shampoo mixed with ti tree essential oil. It’s from an aromatic Australian plant but I dunno if you guys can get it.
Okay I’m doing the three things as well.
1. I’m recovering from a wonderful lazy holiday in beautiful Tasmania (Australia) with my hubs. Lookie at this now https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/oceania/australia/tasmania/articles/tasmania-beaches/ We went all over and had a great trip. But now it’s back home to all the usual washing sweeping etc 🙁
2. It’s nearly summer here and the weather is hotting up. Gonna be 30 today (that’s 86 to you USA folks). And that’s just the lead up :8O:
3. I’m still looking for that next 5 star read. They’re few and far between :/ Last one was A Charm of Finches, before that, Devil In Spring.
Ha! Great minds, Grey. Obvs you CAN get ti tree oil.
🙁 my attempt at an eye popping emoticon didn’t work. Oh well. they work sometimes…….
Seriously guys, this is bad. I swear I can feel crawling on my scalp right now.
*stares at bev and pushes the cookies away*
Time to break out the tea tree oil…
Grey…Malachi and I ….Malachi and I ….he was a jerky jerk…just saying…am I the only one who read this book???
*refuses to acknowledge THAT word for fear of the creepy crawlies*
1. Due to the lingering effects of having strep last week, I did not attend my son’s first wrestling match of the season where he pinned in all 5 matches to win 1st place in his weight class.
2. I have NO pictures of any of the 5 matches
3. I made homemade Chili for dinner
1. I’ve watched 3 corny movies today with my new prime
2. My dog’s health seems to be rapidly declining and it’s stressing me out
3. It’s been raining all day, all last night with no sign of slowing up anytime soon
Amy & Grey, um…..wow & yuck!!
Jan, that looks beautiful!
Ela, how was your vacay?
Amy, Maryse can be your Dallas and pick your hair for you. Aww.
Jan, that looks like an amazing trip. Every time I am surprised to hear about it being summer, lol. Every time.
1. Everyone should read To Tell the Truth Shame the Devil
2. I miss Fabi and MichelleS.
3. I wanted to eat a cookie (And give one to Pim) but Amy put lice on them. Sorry Pim.
“Amy, Maryse can be your Dallas and pick your hair for you. Aww.”
*spits out sake and cackles*
I should know better than to check in here while out eating sushi. 😛
I do NOT have lice.
I just itch like it.
So sit on your cookies bev.
I want cookies. Why don’t I have cookies?
I miss Fabi and MichelleS too.
MichelleS was my Friday/Saturday night tipsy buddy. 🙁
I miss one day and BOOM! And DG, I will get Malachi and I eventually. Too bad no one got pictures. 🙁 Bastages.
No talking about that thingy! *twitches* Though, pepermint oil? Tea tree oil? Considering there are little nieces, that’s good to know.
Grey, uh… You haven’t read The Nature of Cruelty? Or Accidental Witness? Accidental Witness isn’t bad from the Hero but his uncle. And then, you get book two, the uncle’s book. Seriously, OMG OMG OMG. Oh and congrats on honor roll.
I’m nervous because Maryse is reading a book I adored. *hides* Next she’ll read Vicious, who lives up to his name.
1. Went to the library and bought some children’s Christmas books.
2. I hate writing a conversation and then going back and realizing both characters have multiple personality disorder based on it. *rolls eyes* I forgot which male was talking and well… that wasn’t smart.
3. Went to Ross and bought some pants. Good news, I’ve lost enough weight that, even with recently gaining a bit back, I’m still down a size, almost two. *does happy dance*
Eeek. I just caught myself scratching my scalp after reading this.
Tea tree shampoo is great for those thingies….but have read that the thingies prefer clean,clean hair….yuck!!! Hate those thingies!!! Oh this time of year is the worst, no trying on hats or beanies in department stories….
Thanks Tessa, just love sharing the jerky ones!
Loved, Loved Vicious! He was a straight out mean bully, sighs.
Oh no DG. Now I never want to try on a hat in a store again. Yecchhh.
Grey- you said the word we do not say. Ugh, hate it- every time students get it I have the uncontrollable urge to scratch my head ALL day!! Awful!!!
1. My daughter got us watching Mr. Robot. It is so MESSED up. Not sure what is going on.
2. Got my thanksgiving dinner shopping done. Well, most of it.
3. Cleaned the shower with this industrial strength cleaner our school custodian gave me. Shower is great- just now freaking out because remembered should have worn gloves.
1.) I had spaghetti for lunch with a jar marinara-like sauce (that was actually pretty expensive for a jarred sauce). Verdict? Meh.
2.) I also have a brand new Instant Pot (thanks mommy!). That I’m scared of (it has all these functions, and buttons). 😉 Learning curve…
3.) I ordered a replacement stoneware insert for my crock pot (since the original developed an obnoxious crack the whole way through). There is no learning curve with a crock pot.
I didn’t realize 50 Shades Darker (Christian’s POV) was releasing so soon! Anyone planning on reading?
What’s the cleaner, Cheryl?
Well, Amy gave them lice and then i sat on them.
Maryse, I’m eating Chik Fil a chocolate chip cookies I bought yesterday as a support the troops fundraiser. *hands Maryse one*
Bev- I don’t know, some orange cleaner he poured in a spray bottle for me.
*cookie-monster’s the cookie!!!*
Tight by Alessandra Torre is on sale for .99!! 😀
Maryse!!!! Amy (I blame u btw)!!!! I just finished “Full Tilt Duet” which will rip your heart apart and piece it back together again!
Emma Scott has the power to make your heart swell and sing one moment and ugly cry the next (30 min or so)… the journey of Jonah, Kacey and Theo is one that will be hard to forget but fondly remembered!
MARYSE!!!! BIG SEXY TIMES NEWS BREAK!!!
THE NEW “AUDIBLE ROMANCE PACKAGE”
A new way to love romance with Audible – Add the Audible Romance Package to your current membership and BINGE-LISTEN to thousands of romance audiobooks.
$6.95/month for Audible members (50% off the regular Romance Package price). First month free for new Romance Package subscribers. Cancel anytime.
YES Kooloo! Full Tilt was absolutely gutting. 😥
I didn’t read the second book though because I was just too weirded out by the idea of…er…where it was going to go. *shrug*
I hear ya Amz BUT I needed closure and devoured Book II “All In” to get it!
Oh and R wants to me to read more of E Scott’s books *pause for effect*
ARE YOU CRAZY ROBIN
I can maybe do like 1 per year… maybe
Amz I think you and R (for my heart is a ROCK) would enjoy this one called “Unexpected Arrivals” Stephie Walls!
I mean this has Big Drama and Heart Ripping all over it!
Kooloo! I am one of the last people who would read a male-POV story (they usually just don’t work for me) but DANG!! That one just totally blurb jolted me and I am clickin’ it. 😀
Kooloo, THAT does sound good.
Wow koolo, that looks great. My next read.
One clicked that one
I got it too!
Oh wow ok no pressure or anything… I wasn’t even playing to read it lol