HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!! :D!!!!!
<— SATURDAY BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!!!! *SQUEEEEE!!!* ONE of my 5-star FAVORITES from this year – and of all time (and a favorite for so MANY of us) is on super-sale today!!!!!!! An Exaltation of Larks is a MUST READ!!! And here’s my review. 😀 You’ll see!
In fact, it was one of the most-favoritest favorites added to the main READER FAVORITES BEST OF 2016 LIST (requested by so many of our fellow readers!!)
Kathy: An Exaltation of Larks by Luanne Laqueur is on sale… Going to use my Christmas Amazon gift card for this one!
This year is almost finished, and the New Year is kicking off BIG!!! And I know it’s going to be an awesome one. I just KNOW it. More reading, more squeeing, more falling in love, and more having my book-wits scared right out of me!
In fact, I just finished one creepy stalker one yesterday (and reviewed it ➔ Book Review – Bad Mommy by Tarryn Fisher) and I’m in the mood for another one just like that. Soooooooo I’m reading the sequel to “You: A Novel” (which I loved – creepy stalker that ends up being her BOYFRIEND!!!!! – here’s my review)
marina: Just finished You by Caroline Kepnes and LOVED IT!!! Wow, how did I just finally read this book?!?!?!?!? It has been on my TBR for AGES, since your review Maryse in 2014?
and this next one is Hidden Bodies: A Novel and from the reviews, I know I’m in for another creep-fest. I can’t wait!! YAY ME!!!
Maryse: Hidden Bodies is calling me HARD though. I love a scary thrill… you know me. Especially since… #1 did have a love story. Just sayin’
Tasha: I decided to jump right into Hidden Bodies bc I’m weird like that. Lol. I’m loving it too, even better than the first. Somehow though I still like Joe (I know it’s soo bad)!
Rebecca: …it is awesome and page turning good! And, yes, I am scared to hype it too much because I don’t want it to be a let down (I hate when that happens and I probably would have thought it was great if I wasn’t expecting fireworks)- but, I seriously cannot recommend it enough. I was kicking myself for not starting it sooner. I would even re-read it (and I usually never do that!) to enjoy it again…
marina: I’m finishing up Hidden Bodies today. Very much the feel of You.
Now… take a look at what else we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Franco (Bright Side Book 3) by Kim Holden <— LIVE!!! KIM HOLDEN’S LATEST BOOK ALERT!! The author says:
“Bright Side and Gus go together like PB&J. Franco is a different story, a new chapter in this series, so we wanted to to try something new to reflect it. And this photo truly is my Franco.”
“This is my funny book, I would say. Hopefully no tissues required.”
- Retreat (The Getaway Series Book 1) by Jay Crownover <— LATEST JAY CROWNOVER WENT LIVE ALERT!!!!!! She and her girlfriend were going on a retreat… “…Nowhere in the glossy brochure did it say anything about the fact I was going to have to battle the insufferable but deliciously rugged and sexy trail guide instead of the elements. The brochure also forgot to mention the part that warned when you left civilization behind, there was no place to pack your inhibitions and fears. I was told that I would be facing a week where the only thing I should expect was the unexpected. However, no one mentioned that I was going to have to fight for my life…and my heart as soon as I ventured into the unknown…“
- Dark Matter: A Novel by Blake Crouch <— SUPER-EXCITING CRAZY THRILLER ALERT!! One of my latest favorites and back on the list, ’cause Fabi just read it and lost her mind over it!!
Fabi: Whoaaaaa – just finished Dark Matter. I can’t wait for the movie!!! So so so glad I finally made time for this one. If I’d read it before submitting my top ten of 2016, this one would have been high on my list of favorites for the year.
Maryse: I LOVED DARK MATTER!!!! Yessssss!!!
Fabi: OMG! Maryse, tell everyone to read it. Read it now. I finished it last night and I have very little hope I’m going to enjoy my next book. How in the world can anything follow Dark Matter? Oh, and btw, please beat me over he head with the book when I don’t immediately jump on your raving raving review. :-/
Maryse: Okay I’m posting it right now on today’s!!!! LOL!!! I KNOW RIGHT?? How CRAZY did that story get. So unique and clever! I need to make a “What to read after Dark Matter” list. I have no clue, though. *snort*
- Bad Mommy by Tarryn Fisher <— CRAZY STALKER LADY WANTS TO BE HER ALERT!!! Back on the list, ’cause I just read it and LOVED IT!!! Such an infuriating read… but so well written, and the ending was *gasp* SERIOUSLY??!! WHOA. LOVED IT!
Maryse: I finished Bad Mommy you guys!!! It was VERY good. Not as… crazy and dark as her usuals, but definitely up that creepy-weirdo alley… and I LOVED how she told the story. It was fun and a bit exciting.
Cheryl: …you should read Bad Mommy- it’s not angsty, dark like her other books. Kinda weird, has three different POV’s that contribute to the twisty-turny sh!t changing and piling up. Thought the ending was kinda rushed and left some unanswered questions but you won’t hate the ending.
Linda: This book kept me completely captivated!!! … I’m trying really hard not to spoil anything!!! Lol. That ending??!! Well shut my mouth!!!!
Kaycee: YES!! YES!! Totally agree with your review. I loved this book from beginning to end. The three parts were told exactly how they should have been … that ending. Those last few words! I read them twice, three times, and then put my kindle down and said out loud, “Ohhhhh, now that’s clever!”
Jen C: Can we gush about Bad Mommy? I don’t usually write reviews on Amazon/Goodreads (there’s a reason I read books and not write them!) but I had to for this one. I won’t repeat it here lol but I will say this… A fascinating, intoxicating read. Brave and honest. And I loved playing detective – little comments from the book I remember from Facebook/Instagram etc. WOWZERS.
- Scarlet Stone by Jewel E Ann <— JAWDROPPING ALERT!!! Robyn says THIS ONE NOW!!!!
“Maryse, have you read Scarlett Stone by Jewel E. Ann yet? That book! I can’t stop thinking about it. It was a jaw dropping, angsty tear jerky book. Everything we love!! You gotta read it, it had major feels.”
- Shuttergirl: (A Standalone Second Chance Romance) by C.D. Weiss <— PAPARAZZI ALERT!!! Janet recommends it!!
Janet: Just finished CD Reiss’s Shuttergirl and it was a page-turner. Really smart writing, good storyline, and satisfying characters. A Paparazzi Photographer/Movie Star, second-time romance, set in LA. Lots of Hollywood twists and turns through both the superficial and gritty sides of the city, that take it back and forth from passionate reconnection to the sadness of impossible circumstances. Definitely recommend it!
- Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas <— JERK-FACE BULLY HERO ALERT!!! Amy (and crew) recommends this one!!
Amy: Maryse…you gotta add Punk 57 to your TBR for next year. He is such a jerk-face and you would love it. YA with an NA feel. 😉 … he is so freaking angry for his own reasons and ends up being MEAN to her, and his POV doesn’t really lessen things all that much. And they totally have this attraction-hate thing going on and MAN does it get explosive passion wise. You would love it!
Fabi: I got totally sucked in to Punk 57 and can’t seem to unglue myself from this book. I think I know what Punk is now but I’m still clueless on the 57. I saw some lyrics but they didn’t make any sense to me. When she (and I) figured out Rocks, omg, I was dying laughing.
Tessa: I’m reading Punk 57. Angsty as all out.
Grey: I *felt* this book. It hurt in places. I had to get a cold glass of water in other sections. In yet different parts, I read with my eyes kind of squinted a little, because I knew the inevitable crash was coming… “Close your eyes, there’s nothing to see out here.” Gah! That made me tear up!
- Charged: A Saints of Denver Novel by Jay Crownover <— HE’S A LAWYER & SHE’S A REBEL ALERT!! “When Avett lands in a sea of hot water because of one terrible mistake, the only person who can get her out of it is the insanely sexy lawyer. The last thing on earth she wants to do is rely on the no-nonsense attorney who thinks of her as nothing more than a nuisance…” AND!!! It’s super-bargain priced today! (P.S. Here’s my review in case you missed it).
- The Liar Series (Duet Boxed Set) by Lia Fairchild <— SUPER-BARGAIN BUNDLE TODAY!!! I read the first book in this duet!! (my review)
- Slave to the Rhythm (The Rhythm Series Book 1) by Jane Harvey-Berrick <— DARK READ ALERT!! Nancy found us this one saying: “SLAVE TO THE RHYTHM by Jane Harvey-Berrick is a dark standalone on sale…” (super-bargain priced!!) “…Every choice has a consequence. And when you meet the wrong person, all bets are off. Laney tolerates her limitations, pushing quietly at boundaries. But when Ash crashes into her world through rage and violence, it sets off a chain reaction that neither of them expected…“
- A Love Letter to Whiskey by Kandi Steiner <— ANGSTY ROMANCE ALERT!!! Nancy found us THIS one on super-bargain sale, too!! (here’s my review)
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum <— SHE’S AT A NEW HIGH SCHOOL, and someone anonymous is offering to help her… Lisa C enjoyed this one and it’s super-bargain priced right now!
bev: Tell Me Three Things is on sale. Cute read.
Maryse: I just read the blurb of Tell Me Three Things and it sounds awesome. I hadn’t even heard of it before. Thank you bev!!!!!
Lisa C: Just read Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum. It was NA I guess. MC is 16. It was really good. Didn’t really feel like high school.
- The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks <— NICHOLAS SPARKS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!!!
Erika: I think The Longest Ride is my favorite book!
Kristina: I loved the Longest Ride book. So many beautiful lines I highlighted on my Kindle.
Leslie: The longest ride. The two love stories were beautiful.
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks <— NICHOLAS SPARKS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! What an AMAZING EPIC love story with a twist. Gasp!! MY HEART!!!
Connie: I have read all of Nicholas Sparks books… my favorite The Notebook…until I read The Best of Me 🙂
Donna: The notebook and the best of me were my favorites!
Margot: Oh I loved ‘the Notebook’ – book and film!
Jojo: At the time that I was reading The Notebook my grandmother had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and my grandfather sat with her all day, everyday at the nursing home until she was put to bed at night. It was a hard one for me to get through with my eyes so swollen from crying. I will never forget staying up all night crying, reading, and loving The Notebook!
- The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks <— NICHOLAS SPARKS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! ANOTHER TEARJERKER and OMG have I not watched this yet? I could swear I was planning on it… and yet the blurb tells me nothing.
Anne: Maryse The Best of Me is so sad!! I cried so much.
boa: The Best Of Me. Such a phenomenally heartwrenching movie.
Michelle: went to see The Best of Me and oh god I cried so hard – even more than I did with The Notebook! I must read that book now though, seriously it was completely unexpected how it turned out.
Belen: My all time favorite book The Best Of Me by Nicholas Sparks
- Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks <— NICHOLAS SPARKS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Abused wife escapes her husband and starts off new in a small, remote town. I only watched the movie, but I loved it, and I was so nervous for her…
- The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks <— NICHOLAS SPARKS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! Also a tearjerker…
Lyndsey: My favourite book is the last song because I feel like it’s the least depressing and its the only Nicolas sparks book I’ve read.
Rose: The book that left an imprint is “The Last Song.”
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Rock Chick Reawakening by KRISTEN ASHLEY!!!! – January 3rd 2017
- Diablo Lake: Protected by Lauren Dane – January 3rd 2017
- Empire (Cartel Book 3) by Lili St Germain – January 3rd 2017
- Hard Hitter (A Brooklyn Bruisers Novel) by Sarina Bowen – January 3rd 2017
- The Mistress: A Novel by Danielle Steele – January 3rd 2017
- Breath of Fire (The Kingmaker Chronicles Book 2) by Amanda Bouchet – January 3rd 2017
- Satisfaction (A Lawless Novel) by Lexi Blake – January 3rd 2017
- The Protector: A Sons of Texas Novel by Donna Grant – January 3rd 2017
- Divine By Blood (Partholon) by P.C. Cast – January 3rd 2017
- Intense Pleasure (Bound Hearts) by Lora Leigh – January 3rd 2017
- The Perils of Paulie (A Matchmaker in Wonderland) by Katie MacAlister – January 3rd 2017
- It’s You, Book One by Kate Regnery – January 3rd 2017
- Fifty Shades Darker (Movie Tie-In Edition): Book Two of the Fifty Shades Trilogy (Fifty Shades of Grey Series) by E.L. James <— NEW COVER!!! – January 3rd 2017
- The Summer Palace: A Captive Prince Short Story (Captive Prince Short Stories Book 2) C. S. Pacat – January 5th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).