ALSO SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED (add-ons!!)
- When We Collide by A.L. Jackson <— super-bargain priced
- The Heart (The Reluctant Romantics Book 2) by Kate Stewart <— JUST WENT LIVE TODAY!
- Our Favorite Days (My Favorite Mistake, Book Three) by Chelsea M. Cameron <— JUST WENT LIVE TODAY!
Happy Friday to us ’cause a few highly anticipated books just went LIVE today. Plus! The recommendations and bargain finds have come my way in droves over the last couple of days. Lots of dark-romance reads, including a few that I know are going to creep me out big time, and so of course I one-clicked ’em (and bonus? They’re bargain priced). YAY ME and my creepy-book love. LOL!!!
But I’m still adding to this list ’cause it’s a bit too dark-read-focused right now, and I want to add some angsty-romance and funny ones, too. No worries, the recommendations are plentiful and I’m still adding ’em so keep checking back (or let me know in the comments if you have a tried and true recommendation for us).
P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK to bev and Fabi!!!! 😀
P.P.S. I’m on Instagram. Well I’ve been on there for awhile, LOL! But I’m posting funny pics of me ‘n Pim (my minpin puppy) and… books! She hates photos, but too bad. She’s too cute and I take her picture anyway. 😉
JUST WENT LIVE!!
- Broken Girl by Gretchen de la O <— SHE’S A PROSTITUTE ALERT! “When fate brings us face to face, an undeniable attraction blazes between us. He becomes the constant I’ve never had and the only man I’ll ever trust. There is nothing simple about falling in love when you’re keeping a secret like mine…”
- Chloe (Made Men Book 3) by Sarah Brianne <— MAFIA ROMANCE LOVERS!!! THIS JUST WENT LIVE A FEW MINUTES AGO!!! Tasha found it for us!! “For lovers of mafia reads and those who loved Nero, Sarah Brianne just announced that she hit publish on Chloe (Made Men #3), so hopefully we’ll get it in a few hrs!!! Yay!! She posted a warning on her fb page to explain a little about the cliffy and no spoilers as it is going to be a two book thing BUT we Will know who she chooses in this book, Lucca or Amo?!! Ahh it’s gonna be super angsty goodness lol“
- Stone (Walk Of Shame 2nd Generation #1) by Victoria Ashley <— JUST WENT LIVE!!! HE’S A MALE STRIPPER & SHE’S HIS ROOMMATE ALERT! “…there’s only one girl that I can’t get out of my f**king head. Especially since she’s my damn roommate…“
- Gripped: A Prescott Novel (Prescott Series Book 2) by Joanne Schwehm <— HE’S A GOLF STAR! “…she set out to change her future and is finally putting herself first. Never in her wildest imagination did she think she’d fall for a man with stunning good looks and sex seeping from his pores. And, oh yeah, he plays golf…”
- Uninvited: Fate #7 by Elizabeth Reyes <— JUST WENT LIVE!!! SO IN LOVE UNTIL A BRUTAL BETRAYAL ALERT! Two strangers stranded in a snow storm together… but things are sparking between them… “As their relationship back in the real world intensifies, nothing surprises Nathan anymore. Not how fast things move between them nor even their talk of moving in together. Surrounded by friends and family who are all for the relationship despite it moving at lightning speed, Nathan couldn’t be surer that what he’s feeling for Aiyanna is the real deal. Things between them couldn’t be more perfect. Until the unspeakable happens. Could their love survive the most brutal of betrayals, especially when there’s no denying it?“
- Compelled: A Cyn and Raphael Novella (Vampires in America 10.5) by D. B. Reynolds
- Assessing Survival (Mechanical Advantage Book 1) by Viola Grace <— SCI-FI
- 1983: Cruel Summer (Love in the 80s: A New Adult Mix Book 4) by Amber Lynn Natusch <— I AM LOVING THE PREMISE OF THIS SERIES!!! I need to read these sweet-sounding, fun-looking “shorts”. Each one written by a popular author, all about life and love in the 80’s. So clever and the covers and titles of each book are perfect! “She passed on a European vacation with her parents, choosing instead to spend an amazing summer with her boyfriend. But that plan changed when she walked in on him and another woman. Now Izzy’s stuck in a town she’s avoided since high school…“
- Leave a Mark by Stephanie Fournet <— OPPOSITES ATTRACT! She’s a tattoo artist & he’s a doctor… “Wren knows the good doctor is way out of her league. To people like him, she’s a circus freak…”
- Hummingbird by Kasey Millstead <— SHE’S BULLIED & HE HAS A SECRET ALERT! “Xander Duke wasn’t planning on talking to the girl he found sitting by herself in the library that lunchtime. But something about her drew him right in and he couldn’t stop himself from wanting to find out all about her. As Belle learns to trust Xander, he refrains from exposing a secret that will tear her scarred heart wide open...”
- Summer at the Comfort Food Cafe: A funny, heartwarming and feel good summer romance by Debbie Johnson <— WIDOW STARTS OVER… “Laura knows that it’s time to move on. To find a way to live without him, instead of just surviving. To find her new place in the world, and to fill the gap that he’s left in all their lives. Her new job at the cafe, and the hilarious people she meets there, give Laura the chance she needs to make new friends; to learn to be herself again, and – just possibly – to learn to love again as well.“
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Lost by Ker Dukey & D.H SIDEBOTTOM <— DARK READ AUTHORS ALERT!! Stephanie found this super-bargain for us saying: “I loved Ker Dukey’s Empathy Series! And this blurb sounds oh-so-good! It’s described as being dark, gritty, and suspenseful! A standalone.” HER SISTER IS MISSING… “The world is a depraved place, full of evil lurking behind normality. Behind smiles. Behind deception and facades. She needs me and I will do whatever it takes to find her.”
- Eligible: A modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice by Curtis Sittenfeld <— LAUGH-OUT-LOUD FUNNY ALERT! ASHLEY RECOMMENDS IT! “If anyone enjoyed Pride and Prejudice even slightly I cannot recommend ‘Eligible’ highly enough. It is extremely clever and well written – I was actually laughing out loud!”
- Ginger’s Heart (a modern fairytale) by Kate Regnery <— MUCH LOVED SERIES/RECENT RELEASE!!! Nancy found this recent release super bargain priced!! “I just now saw that Ginger’s Heart by Katy Regnery is on sale… for this weekend only. If anyone missed out on this emotional read now is the chance to read for this bargain price.”
- Vampire Girl by Karpov Kinrade <— TWILIGHT LOVERS/OUTLANDER LOVERS ALERT!?! THIS RECENT RELEASE KEEPS POPPING UP IN MY FEED and the reviews (almost 250 of ’em!!) are INCREDIBLE!!!! Soooooo many 5 star reviews (mostly all) and it just came out this month! SO yeah… I need to know more! Her dying mom made a deal with the devil, and he’s here to collect HER daughter… “I signed my soul away and promised to pick a prince to marry. I would take the blood oath, become one of them, and give them an heir. I would become a princess of hell, and my mother would live. I expected fire and brimstone. I expected pain and misery. I didn’t expect beauty. I didn’t expect magic. I didn’t expect love. But the princes are keeping secrets from me.”
Cristina: I read Vampire Girl last week and it was awesome! The authors do a clever job of taking the vampire angle in a new direction. I’ve always loved a good vampire story line, but the trick is to keep it fresh for readers. Our heroine makes a deal with the Princes of Hell and is sent to live in Hell to carry out her contract. She has to pick a Prince to marry and produce an heir. The Prince that she chooses to marry will become the new King of Hell. To aide in making this choice, she is to spend one month with each Prince before she makes her final decision. What made it so cool is each of the Princes represents one of the seven deadly sins (lust, pride, gluttony, etc.). Hell is divided into realms (based on these sins) and each Prince rules his own realm. This book is just the beginning of what I think will be a fantastic series! Each book is NOT a stand alone so there is a CH. I highly recommend if you’re in the mood for paranormal!!
- My Commander (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 1) by Alanea Alder <— Grace and Ela are ALL OVER this one!
Ela: YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS PNR IS THE NEXT EPIC READ/SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bewitched and Bewildered SERIES BY Alanea Alder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM CRACKING THE ‘EF UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grace: I totally get why Ela was screaming about My Commander – Bewitched and Bewildered Series by Alanea Alder. The book is hysterical, but not just that. It’s amusing all the way through so the smile stays on your face throughout the entire book. There are times you are gut busting belly laughing, and then times when it’s so lovely I found myself crying, but good crying, happy crying, touching moment kind of crying. Then back to laughing. The paranormal world she creates is great. The story is great. The characters are really great. The sexy times are great. Listen to Ela! Read it! She was so right! I also highly recommend it if you are coming off of something really angsty and full of tension and need to recover a bit. I’ve moved on to the second book and it’s just what I wanted too. New lead characters for the love story, but all the old ones are there being themselves, which we’ve already established is them being really great!
- The Surrender Your Love Trilogy: Surrender Your Love, Conquer Your Love, Treasure Your Love by J.C. Reed <— SUPER-BARGAIN TRILOGY BUNDLE!! HER BOSS!!! “…When she’s sent to a remote estate to finalize a real estate deal, she discovers her new boss is no other than the guy she left naked in bed…“
- Sold Into Salvation by Colbie Carter <— SHE’S KIDNAPPED & SOLD AS A SEX SLAVE ALERT! Another super-bargain priced one found by Stpehanie (she’s on a dark subject roll today!) “...she takes a vacation halfway across the world to visit her father who is living in Romania, her tightly-stitched world is ripped apart at the seams when she is snatched into the sex trade, and sold at auction. But being bought turned out to be her salvation…“
- Lincoln Hospital (Trauma Series Book 1) by Cassia Brightmore <— VIGILANTE DOCTORS ALERT!! YIKES! Ohhhh sounds very dark and I totally one-clicked it. “A doctor wielding a deadly blade. An intern caught in the midst of first love and a lethal web of murder. Lincoln Hospital. Where the cure can be your worst nightmare…“
- The Fighter (The High Rise Book 1) by Harper Bentley <— MMA FIGHTER ALERT (WOW THAT COVER!!) The recently released new neighbor jerk-face is super-bargain priced today.
- Razorblade Kisses by R.L. Griffin <— AUTHOR HAS AN ENTICING WARNING! Nancy found us this one bargain-priced! The book cover doesn’t do much for me, and I have NO idea from the blurb, what it all means, but the author’s warning is certainly enticing! “…she doesn’t know who she is, she tried to run, to hide and make a life for herself, but that backfired. No one knows her except her best friend Rachel, if that’s even an adequate word for what they are to each other. Rachel helps her build a life for herself below the radar, which is fine until the unthinkable happens knocking Em out of her unfeeling cocoon…” AMY LOVED IT, GUYS!!!
Amy: OMG! OMG! OOOOO. MMMMM. GGGGG!!!!!!! Razorblade Kisses!!! That book was a gut wringer! If I had any complaints I can’t remember ‘em, I only remember being worked over by it. MARYSE!! If you feel like taking a chance on my memory then RK is your next read. Because I said so. M’kay? M’kay.
- As it Seems by Jayne Conway <— MARRIED & HAPPY BUT… “After all these years, they are passionately in love, two of the lucky few – or so Libby believes – until one snowy evening, the unthinkable happens. And she learns… nothing is as it seems.” Nancy found us this one at a bargain priced and it sounds SO good!!
- Life Interrupted by Yessi Smith <— DARK READ ALERT?!! SHE’S ESCAPING FROM HIM… “I escape again and start fresh on a small island, where there aren’t any expectations to fulfill. Where family and friends I don’t remember can’t look at me with sadness and disappointment. And when Travis Keillar comes into my life everything changes. The memories I’ve lost become unimportant to the memories I’m creating with him.” and then HE comes back for her… *gasp*!! Nancy also found us this one super-bargain priced. Thank you Nancy! It sounds crazy!!
- Deeper: A Novel (Caroline & West Book 1) by Robin York <— bev found us this oldie-but-goodie on super-sale!!! I loved it too! She says: “Deeper by Robin York… You all know how I LOVE this book. Here’s my review!!!
If you haven’t Read it.”
- Bully: The Fall Away Series by Penelope Douglas <— BULLY ALERT! One of our absolute favorites (so good!), and an oldie-but-goodie, but the reason I’m putting this one back on, is because I want to put book #2 back on this list also. Some here were raving about last week, so a few jumped in, and now it’s is getting even MORE raves this week. Yep. So if you missed these, I’m thinking you MUST READ THESE (I still need to read #2 and the way the girls are going on about it, YIKES. I’m gonna be in a delightful book fog!!! (my review of “Bully”)
- Until You: The Fall Away Series by Penelope Douglas <— BACK ON THE LIST, ‘CAUSE THIS IS THE ONE MAKING EVERYONE SQUEE RIGHT NOW!!
Grey: My favorite book quote ever came from Until You… god, this book… wrecked me. FLove it!!!
Jean: GREY! I SERIOUSLY LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW! I AM FREAKING OUT OVER UNTIL YOU!!! You were so right that it is a totally different story than Tate’s in Bully. I could not stop reading and stupid work is getting in my way today! I just want to get back to it asap! My heart is aching for Jared….I love him! Love him! I definitely see a book fog coming after this one! Anyone who has not read Bully and Until You, GET ON IT NOW!
Grey: It’s ok. I just get super excited about it when someone wants to read one of my all time book faves. Jean!!! I’m so thrilled you’re loving it!! Maryse, you should be next, you and Grace could buddy read!! *tra la la*
Tessa: OMG, Maryse! I re-read your review of Bully, and you asked some seriously needed to know questions that Until You answered. Oh, and looking back, that review was why I read the book to begin with. And! It was the first review I read on here.
Jean: Tessa, I have to go back and read Maryse’s Bully review. Seriously, I can’t even think about starting another book right now. Until You left me in such a state…..I just loved it so much!!!!!
Maryse: You guys, I’m so excited about your recent book love. Now I’m back to squirreling. I thought I had my next one all picked out… *sigh*
Jean: I don’t want to leave this book! I want it to last forever……I could get lost in it forever! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!!! …We really need to get Maryse to read Until You. I noticed she did read and review Bully, but there’s just no comparison!
Grey: The order of books for the the Falling Away series is #1 Bully, #2 Until You, #3 Rival, #4 Falling Away, #5 Aflame. Obviously, my number one in this series is Until You… I liked ALL of them. Honestly all of them, but Jared’s book was my favorite.
Jean: Ugh Maryse! I know the feeling! But please read Until You! You won’t be disappointed!
Grey: Incoming *tosses peanut* Come on Maryse… all the cool kids are doing it *giggle* is it too early for this kind of innuendo… UNTIL YOU!!!!
- And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- The Summer Games: Settling the Score by R.S. Grey <— JUST WENT UP FOR PRE-ORDER!! MAY 2nd! And super-bargain priced!
- A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses) by Sarah J. Maas – May 3rd 2016
- Night Shift: A Novel of Midnight, Texas by Charlaine Harris – May 3rd 2016
- Alpha Wolf Need Not Apply (Silver Town Wolf) by Terry Spear – May 3rd 2016
- Swear on This Life by Renee Carlino – May 3rd 2016
- Wicked Heart by Leisa Rayven – May 3rd 2016
- Never Let You Go by Monica Murphy – May 3rd 2016
- Blown Away by Brenda Rothert – May 3rd 2016
- Last Mile: A Vicious Cycle Novel (Vicious Cycle Novel, A) by Katie Ashley – May 3rd 2016
- Dominated: The Enforcers (The Enforcers series) by Maya Banks – May 3rd 2016
- Deception (Infidelity Book 3) by Aleatha Romig – May 3rd 2016
- The Apartment: A Novel by Danielle Steele – May 3rd 2016
- Honor: A Welcome to the Point Novel by Jay Crownover – May 3rd 2016
- Make Me Risk It by Beth Kery – May 3rd 2016
- Fighting Fate (Fighting Series Book 7) by J.B. Salsbury – May 3rd 2016
- Invision: Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon – May 3rd 2016 <— Tessa is excited!! “Invision: Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon comes out May 3 too. *happy dance* The last one was a huge game changer and I can’t wait to read what happens next. When the series is over, we better get Nick’s Dark Hunters book!”
- Jack & Coke (The Uncertain Saints Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale – May 6th 2016
- Dirty Girl (Dirty Girl Duet Book 1) by Meghan March – May 17th 2016
- Dirty Love (Dirty Girl Duet Book 2) by Meghan March – May 31st 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).