Right now, I’m finishing Imposter: A Gripping Thriller by K. Larsen that’s going live in just a few days. She was kidnapped, but is back now, years later. It’s sort of a psych-thriller, but for now a total mystery with a hint of something ominous lurking. I dunno yet, but knowing this author, I have a feeling I will have the rug pulled out from under me, and I can’t WAIT for that reveal. Whatever it may be… 😉
And while I’m at it, the next one up for me is An Exaltation of Larks by Suanne Laqueur <— ABSOLUTELY STARTING THIS ASAP!!! I LOVE this author too (remember how much I loved “The Fish Tales” series?), and this book (a standalone) is coming out in just a few days. I’m hearing this is her best one yet!!! YAY ME!!!! Seriously. I can’t contain how excited I am to start it!!! I’ll keep you updated… 😉
Jean: MARYSE! YOU WILL LOVE IT! LOVE IT! DON’T SQUIRREL! I’M SO EXCITED FOR YOU TO READ IT! (Yes, I’m screaming)! …..SIMPLY AMAZING!
OKAY ALSO!!!! ➔ NOW THIS is a Friday Find indeed! AMAZON PRIME MEMBERSHIPS are on sale today only! I have a membership and I use it DAILY. Whether it be to listen to Prime music, or watch movies or shows, or the free 2-day shipping, or now the “Prime Kindle First” books that I LOVE (every month, we get to choose one from 6 new books not yet released, to download and keep and read early)!! I tend to always choose a psych-thriller out of these monthly lists, and I’ve had great luck!!!
Now… take a look at what we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Hold My Breath by Ginger Scott <— LIVE!! GINGER SCOTT’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! Two brothers (Olympic swimmers?) and the girl that loves them. One brother always letting his other brother (her man) shine but… “…My life with Evan burned bright. He gave me arms to come home to, and a smile that fooled the world into believing everything was perfect. But it was Will who pushed me. Will…who really knew me. And when all of the pieces fell, it was Will who started to pick them up.” This one sounds SO GOOD!!!! And I LOVED another one of this author’s other books (Bully book and SO well told). Here’s my review of Wild Reckless.
- Wild Reckless (Harper Boys Book 1) by Ginger Scott <— BULLY BOOK THAT I HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! This one is a standalone and just AWESOME. Must be read, and since Ginger Scott is kicking off the list today, I couldn’t help but post this one, too! :D!!!
- Dollars (Dollar Book 2) by Pepper Winters <— LIVE!! PEPPER WINTERS DARK READ ALERT!! “Pimlico was stolen and sold all before her twenty-first birthday. Two years with a diabolical monster is over. She has a new master now…” (P.S. Book #1 – Pennies (Dollar Book 1) – is super-bargain priced right now!!)
- To Have and to Hold: (Intermix) (A Wyckerley Triology Book 2) by Patricia Gaffney <— CUTTING EDGE DARK HISTORICAL ROMANCE ALERT!! Recommended by one of my favorite authors (in case you missed this awesome post, Skye Warren recommends her favorites here) and it’s got a great price. And after these comments about this book, I HAVE TO READ IT. I’m craving to find out what the deal is!! She says:
Skye: The absolute best dark romance. Ever. Written. Yes, I just said that!! And it’s a historical romance that was traditionally published, but damn. Completely cutting edge with brilliant writing and a breathtaking interplay. It captivated me from the first moment the heroine stepped onto the page—I simultaneously hated the hero and knew he was the only one worthy of her.
Jan: Thank you for sharing your favs, Skye. The Patricia Gaffney is catching my eye. I love a good HR. I had a look at some reviews of it on Good Reads, and one person labelled it a ‘marmite’ book – you either love it or hate it. I’m officially intrigued and I’m going to see whether I can hunt down a copy.
Skye: To Have and To Hold is definitely a love-it-or-hate-it book! I was just jaw-dropping in awe of it the whole time I was reading. I’m not sure I could re-read it, though? Maybe someday. It’s intense!
Jeannie: one I love is To Have and to Hold by Patricia Gaffney. Not politically correct, one of the reasons I love it. …An historical, but so many heartbreaking scenes. It’s not prettied up for light reading.
- Absolute Doubt (Fallen Agents of T-FLAC Book 1) by Cherry Adair <— LIVE!!! HE’S UNDERCOVER & SHE’S LOOKING FOR HER BROTHER... “…When millions of dollars are inexplicably wired to her account she knows he’s trouble. Traveling to the small mining town… she accepts the hospitality of her brother’s employer and searches for clues as to Oliver whereabouts. If only she wasn’t overcome with inappropriate lust for one of the other houseguests- a gorgeous bishop with a warrior’s body and laser-sharp eyes that hint at deep, dark secrets…”
- Managed (VIP Book 2) by Kristen Callahan <— TOUTED AS HER BEST ONE YET!! Back on the list ’cause Alabama-Amy LOVED it!
Alabama-Amy: Ok y’all…. Managed was FANTASTIC! In my opinion it is by far Kristen Callihan’s best book. I almost didn’t buy it because I liked Idol but wouldn’t say I loved it because I struggled with the heroine. In Managed both main characters are wonderful. So different but they WORK SO WELL together. There’s tons of LOL moments and “did she really just say that moments?”
Sophie is so hilarious and genuine. I was expecting Gabriel to be unlikeable since he seemed so cold and aloof in Idol. Not at all. I loved him so much. He’s very stoic and steady but he’s got depth that’s very obvious from the start. And once he lets loose, he really lets loose, committed 100%.
There was just enough angst to keep the story from being flat and give some emotional depth without feeling “produced for effect” angst which is game over for me. I’m racking my brain but I can’t come up with a book I smiled more while reading this year. This might be my favorite so far in 2016!”
- Lucifer (Vampires in America: The Vampire Wars Book 11) by D. B. Reynolds <— LIVE!!! OR SHOULD I SAY… UNDEAD!! *snort* A VAMPIRE IN MONTREAL ALERT!! Hey I come from there!! I love my beautiful city. We have vampires in Montreal??!!! *gasp*
- Triple Trouble (Found in Oblivion Book 2) by Cari Quinn & Taryn Elliott <— LIVE!! STEAMY TRIO ALERT!!
- The Presence of Grace (Love and Loss Book 2) by Anie Michaels <— LIVE!! WIDOWED AND A SINGLE FATHER & THEN HE MEETS HER… “He’d fought before; fought for his family, for his love, and for his life. But her fight, although buried deep and festering within, was a fight he wasn’t sure he had the strength to overcome.” This CAN BE READ as a standalone, but it’s book #2 after this one, The Absence of Olivia (Love and Loss Book 1). P.S. The first book is bargain priced right now! 😀
- Twined Bond (Holly Woods Files, #7) by Emma Hart <— LIVE!!! This one cannot be read as a standalone…
- Tristan’s Temptation (Wired Series Book 2) by Sabrina York <— LIVE!!! OFFICE ROMANCE ALERT!!! She’s his executive assistant, and she realizes he fantasizes about her… “…When Shannon discovers the depth of Tristan’s desire, she vows to seduce him in real life, his rule be damned. After a blazing, illicit tryst in Tristan’s office, he insists they can never do it again. So Shannon, ever the obedient assistant, makes certain the next time she seduces him, they do something completely different…“
- Things Liars Say: a Novella (#ThreeLittleLies Book 1) by Sara Ney <— SARA NEY ALERT!!! SHE LIES ABOUT DATING A RUGBY PLAYER and he shows up at her door to confront her… P.S. He thinks she’s a GUY, at first. Tee hee!!!! Remember how I went crazy for her book “How to Date a Douchebag” a few days ago? Well, it looks like she has a few other series, and THIS is one of ’em. All three books are super-bargain priced right now, and each one can be read as a standalone. *squee*! This one sounds like SO. MUCH. FUN. “Greyson Keller didn’t intend to lie; it just came out that way. So when the object of that lie shows up on her doorstep, she is confused, shocked, and embarrassed…“
- Things Liars Hide: a Novella (#ThreeLittleLies Book 2) by Sara Ney <— SARA NEY ALERT!!! Super-bargain priced right now, and each one can be read as a standalone.
- Things Liars Fake: a Novella (a #ThreeLittleLies novella Book 3) by Sara Ney <— SARA NEY ALERT!!! Super-bargain priced right now, and each one can be read as a standalone.
- The Delphi Effect (The Delphi Trilogy Book 1) by Rysa Walker <— YA SCI-FI ALERT!! Tasha HIGHLY recommends this one!
Ok, I’m reporting back now that I’ve read The Delphi Effect by Rysa Walker. So Amazon Kindle says it’s *.** but the author said on her fb page the next couple days it’s on sale for *.** if you put the code DELPHIEFFECT in at checkout. And I loved it!!
So I was a little wrong going in thinking it was paranormal, it’s YA but more science fiction fantasy. And SOO good you guys. It was a little reminicient of like The Darkest Minds and a few others that I can’t put my finger on, maybe a little Mara Dyer since I’ve read that more recently, but definitely is its own book. It is the start of a series but doesn’t end in a huge cliffy though I already want book 2.
I really liked her writing, she took the time to make you really invested in all of the characters, there’s a lot of adventure, with just a hint of a beginning romance. Grab this book!!
- The Awakened (The Awakened Duology Book 1) by Sara Elizabeth Santana <— YA POST APOCALYPTIC ZOMBIE STORY!! And this one is bargain priced today… “…the victims disappear and suddenly reappear, awakened from their dead state. They’re faster, smarter, and they work together to get the one thing they crave, human flesh. The United States is in a panic and then the government decides the unthinkable: to bomb every major city overrun with the awakened…“
- See Through Heart by Amie Knight <— SOUNDS HEARTWRENCHING ALERT!!! “She was my comfort when life threw one ugly tragedy after another at me. Until she dealt me the greatest blow. Now, abandonment, betrayal, and death darken every corner of my life.” <— *oooomph*!!! That blurb HAS me, and Miranda found it for us!
Miranda: See Through Heart by Amie Knight came out 2 weeks ago and it is so amazing. A touching second chance romance.
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle ebooks are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. !!! VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (just a few highlights of next week’s releases!!! )
- An Exaltation of Larks by Suanne Laqueur <— RELEASING EARLY!! Was originally scheduled for January but is coming out November 22nd 2016!! YAY!!!!!
- Bad Romeo Christmas: A Starcrossed Anthology by Leisa Rayven – November 21st 2016
- Cross the Line (Alex Cross) by James Patterson – November 21st 2016
- Out of Bounds by Lauren Blakely – November 22nd 2016
- Over The Edge (The Bridge Series Book 3) by Meredith Wild – November 22nd 2016
- The Operator (The Peri Reed Chronicles) by Kim Harrison – November 22nd 2016
- Vice by Callie Hart – November 22nd 2016
- Brutal Game (Flynn and Laurel Book 2) by Cara McKenna – November 22nd 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).