Not so many new releases today that have me jolting (I’ll still keep an eye out as they randomly get released), but OMG the Friday bargain finds and reader recommendations are epic! I totally one-clicked that one to the left, and can’t wait to get to it!!
In the meantime, I’m reading book #2 in the Eversea series (Forever, Jack (Eversea #2) <— also super bargain priced) ’cause I LOVED #1 (my review, in case you missed it) and had to continue the series. And yes, I’m loving it too. In fact, even more because it is SO FREAKING INTENSE!
In the meantime, lookit all the finds!! 😀
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- The Air He Breathes by Brittainy Cherry <— SUPER-LOVED AUTHOR ALERT!!! Nancy just found us some SERIOUS super-bargains and this author is MUCH-LOVED and I LOVED one of her books and have been DYING to read another. And now I’m one-clicking ’em all!!
DG: Nancy – loved, loved The Air He Breathes – it stuck with me way after I was done reading it!!!
Kathy: definitely agree with you about “The Air He Breathes.” as being one of the best books I read this year.
Kristina: I thought it was soo 5 star!! Anything that makes me catch my breath in the middle of the night and makes my husband wake, must be good.
Cheryl: It was well-written and touching and heartbreaking and angsty, but not overly so, which was good because I’ve cried enough with the previous 2 books I read.
Donna: Just wanted to throw out there that I found – The Air He Breathes – prior to your recommend. AND I was blown away! It hit all the marks…I laughed, I cried, I pulled for Tristan, I could not put it down!!! (I stayed up to 3 in the morning to finish it). A definite to add to your TBR list.
- Loving Mr. Daniels by Brittainy Cherry <— I 5-STAR LOVED THIS STUDENT-TEACHER ROMANCE LIKE CRAZY!! And it’s also on super-bargain sale right now! (here’s my review) and Rachel agrees!
Rachel: Loving Mr. Daniels is a must read for anyone who loves teacher/student stories. It was so good! Just one part that was a little too much (it was just something that was so out of left field that it took me,out of the story for a minute), but for the most part it was perfect! Funny, interesting characters, lots of good and achy feelings, no cliffy, so all wrapped up. Read it!
- Cruel & Beautiful by Terri E. Laine & A.M. Hargrove <— ANGSTY TEAR-JERKER ALERT! Back on the list ’cause it’s was one from last week that I wanted to read badly (the recommendation was adamant) and now it’s super-bargain priced today!! YAY ME! Yes… I one-clicked!
Jaime: For what it’s worth. I cried my face off reading cruel and beautiful.
- Mafia Captive by Kitty Thomas <— DARK READ ALERT and this one was good! She witnesses a mafia-murder, and the mafia hitman kidnaps her and gives her to his brother. For owning! *gasp*!!! (my review)
Emily: I read Mafia Captive …it gave me nightmares!
- The Letting by Cathrine Goldstein <— DYSTOPIAN and it’s super bargain priced!! She’s in love with her enemy… “Ronnie was proud to be a Leader; taking hundreds of harvested girls to the Letting facility. After all, she was saving them from future Couplings and bringing them to the safety of the New World. Or so she thought…“
- KEPT: A Second Chance Fairy Tale by A.C. Bextor <— SINGLE MOM & RECLUSIVE BUSINESS MAN and it’s super bargain priced! “As a single mother living only to make ends meet, I stopped wishing for more. My hopes and dreams in finding Prince Charming ceased to exist. Life forced my priorities to change. Then I walked into Michael Holden’s office and saw pain not so unlike mine reflecting through his icy gaze…” Lauren LOVED THIS ONE!!!
Lauren: I read KEPT: A Second Chance Fairy Tale by A.C Bextor yesterday & loved it so much I reread it today. She wrote the Lights of Peril MC series that I’m always raving about….Shame is still my favorite MC character, ever!
- A Modern Fairytale: The Vixen and the Vet / Never Let You Go: (Two-Book Bundle) by Katy Regnery <— FIRST 2 BUNDLED AND STILL ON SUPER-SALE and SO many here love this series! Book #1 has a scarred reclusive hero, and #2 is about two abused foster kids that meet again once adults. “…foster children Holden and Griselda attempt to escape their abductor, but only one of them makes it to safety, while the other is returned back to hell. Ten years later, they meet again.” Book #3 will be out in just a few days (all standalones).
Theresa: The Vixen and the Vet was really good. Pure old fashion romance.
MichelleS: I just read never Let You Go. I won’t forget it, that’s for sure. Very cool retelling of Hansel and Gretel – what if two kids got “taken” and then formed a bond? Yup. Pretty cool.
Lauren: Never Let You Go is one of my favorite books of 2015. I’ve already re-read it a few times.
- Walk Through Fire (Chaos) by Kristen Ashley <— Kristen Ashley is writing another book (Cait found out for us, saying: “…my life may be complete I just saw that Kristen Ashley has wrote an erotic BDSM I think this will please most of us!”). YAY US! 😀 DG loved this (older) one of hers, so I’m putting it on today’s list!
DG: Lost time mixed with regrets kill me more….very rare for me to read second chance books. KA’s Walk Through Fire was so good but tore me to pieces….
- This is War, Baby (War & Peace Book 1) by K. Webster <— DARK READ ALERT and book #2 – the conclusion sequel – will be out in just a few days and Erica loved it!
Erica: This book was so good!! I read it in a day and now I can’t wait for book 2 to come out! It’s a dark read yes, but totally worth it. Loved it!!!
- The Confessions: An Original Sinners Collection by Tiffany Reisz <— TIFFANY REISZ RECENT RELEASE back on the list ’cause Grey loved it, and I LOVE how Grey described her love of it!
Grey: I read The Confessions…. Loved it. It was like coming home slipping into a bubble bath – except this was a priest and a dominatrix’s confession so not really a comfy robe… Kind of a bed of nails or switch to the back… But you know what I mean. And Tiffany Reisz didn’t disappoint with a little tidbit that I always watch for, le sigh!
and Leslie agrees…
Leslie: About the whole Original Sinners Series…I do not like heavy BDSM but that series really is amazing. Super taboo & addicting. Like Stephanie says, you do really see the love between Soren & Nora in 4th book…made me cry. Nora is such an interesting character, one of my fave heroines. I’m not typically a book pusher, but this series is a must read.”
- Drop Dead Sexy by Katie Ashley <— THIS NEW RELEASE is back on the list ’cause DG really enjoyed it!
DG: one clicked Drop Dead Sexy!!!! *happy dance*. Only had a chance to get through prologue…laughing my tail off!!! First time, latex allergy for HIM, large purple eggplant, and rotten luck! Just what I need… a light funny read. Yay me! …Drop Dead Sexy may be about a coroner/mortician and a GBI agent….but geez….it’s a lot of dirty. *chorus dirty deeds done dirt cheap running through my head*. …Never realized some of the “situations” that morticians experience. Started off laughing…now OMGing…
DG: Finished Drop Dead Sexy. Innuendos…lots of innuendos. A good light read full of focus….and innuendos. Hot GBI agent, an unlucky mortician, a mystery, a little mountain hoodoo, throw in a lot of laughs and OMGs… A unique read for sure. Not what I expected but not a hardship to read and her writing style is easy to fall into.
- Morning Glory by LaVyrle Spencer <— ONE OF MY FAVORITE DARK READ AUTHORS LOVES THIS ONE!
Skye Warren: Years is good but Morning Glory by Spencer is my favorite book ever. Ex-con, reclusive woman, marriage of convenience, so epic!!
- Uncommon Passion by Anne Calhoun <— A COP & A GIRL THAT JUST LEFT A RELIGIOUS COMMUNE ALERT! And she’s going to “buy” a cop at an auction to get rid of her “inexperience”. *waggles eyebrows* And Skye also enjoyed and suggests this one! “Uncommon Passion by Calhoun also with a cop hero and a girl who’s left a commune.”
- Sinful Nights Bundle: Books 1-3 by Lauren Blakely <— Pia found us this bundle on super-sale! “Just want to let you know that Amazon has Sinful Nights Box Set (no 1-3) by Lauren Blakely …Super deal and awesome books “
And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (next couple of days AND next week’s)
- She Dims the Stars by Amber L. Johnson – March 20th 2016 <— AUTHOR OF PUDDLE JUMPING ALERT!!! LOVED!
- Felony Ever After: A Domino Anthology by Helena Hunting, Debra Anastasia, Nina Bocci, Vi Keeland, Penelope Ward, Leisa Rayven, Liv Morris, Tijan, JM Darhower, Belle Aurora, KA Robinson, SM Lumetta, Katherine Stevens <— SO MANY OF OUR FAVORITE AUTHORS!!! – March 22nd 2016
- Wild Things: Shifters Unbound by Jennifer Ashley – March 22nd 2016
- A Mess of A Man by A. M. Hargrove & Terri E. Laine
- COLLARED by Nicole Williams – March 22nd 2016 <— SHE WAS KIDNAPPED BUT HAS FINALLY BEEN SAVED… “Jade Childs spent ten years in captivity, but now that she’s back, the real battle for survival begins. The media shadows her. Flashbacks haunt her. Her old life evades her. Her so-called new life rejects her. She spent too many years in the dark to recognize the light.”
- Adrenaline (Speed Series Book 2) by Kelly Elliott – March 22nd 2016
- Ginger’s Heart (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery – March 22nd 2016
- All That Jazz: A Butler Cove Novel by Natasha Boyd – March 22nd 2016 <— SPINOFF OF THE EVERSEA SERIES!! HER BEST FRIEND’S BROTHER ALERT!“There’s something totally inconvenient about falling for your best friend’s brother. Especially when he’s turned into a pompous, arrogant, albeit annoyingly sexy a-hole that you’d like to punch or kiss to death at any given moment.“
- 7 Months (Time for Love) by Bethany Lopez – March 24th 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).