<— SURPRISE!!!! COLLEEN HOOVER JUST RELEASED ANOTHER NEW ONE!!! Finding Perfect —> HAPPY FRIDAY FINDS TO US!! 😀 And… Whoa!! It’s already Friday again? This middle-day Wednesday has me all sorts of confused. BUT YAY!!! I’m not complaining *claps with glee*
ALSO!!!! MY LATEST 5-STAR REVIEW IS UP!!! ➔ Book Review – Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
Another thing that made me clap with glee? I marathon-watched (or should I say listened to/watched – since I watched while I worked on my blog) the entire Season 2 of “You” and I absolutely loved it. I mean… he is literally THE BEST version of Joe I could ever have dreamed of, and his I LOVE being in his head. Ahhhhhh I LOVE this series so much. I already loved both books (Book #2 – Hidden Bodies even more than #1 – You) and I can’t WAIT for #3. In fact… here’s a preview of book #3 (on Entertainment Weekly). I WILL EAT THAT ONE UP!!!!! From the article:
“Caroline Kepnes, the author behind the You series upon which all of this is based, finishes up her third book (and already has a deal for the fourth). And although the show continues to deviate more and more from the series, Kepnes is excited about telling both stories.”
Nancy: YES! Two this month!! 😄 I picked the same 2 as you! I have a hard time deciding, so you made it easy!
Ashley: Are these books free, or is it like kindle unlimited where you check them out and return them?
Andrea: I think it’s ours to keep
Maryse: Yes! If you’re a prime member, it’s yours to keep. You “buy it for free” 😀
Stephanie: Why didn’t I know about this?
Michelle: l love when we can pick 2.
Maryse: Me too!! I’m usually struggling to pick between 2. Today… no struggle! 😀
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
P.S. These deals are still active as we speak so you can still get in on ’em:
- ➔➔ Three months of Kindle Unlimited for a super-bargain!! Not a member yet? This is for you! Not for me, ’cause I am one. 😉 And I love it.
- ➔➔ 4 months of Amazon Unlimited Music for a super-bargain <— AMAZING deal! “... This limited time offer provides on-demand, ad-free and unlimited access to 50 million songs on any device via the Amazon Music app...” you have FOUR DAYS LEFT to get in on this bargain!!
- and now the book finds!
- Finding Perfect by Colleen Hoover <— COLLEEN HOOVER ALERT!!! “…Finding Perfect is a novella that brings back several of Colleen Hoover’s most beloved characters. Told from the point of view of Daniel from Finding Cinderella, readers will finally get the conclusion they’ve been hoping for. For the best reading experience, make sure you’ve read all four books that come together to make up this heartwarming story; Hopeless, Losing Hope, Finding Cinderella and All Your Perfects...”
- The Vigilante’s Assassin by Lawrence Hall <— LIVE!!
- Freeing Ryan (Last Hangman MC Book 7) by Muriel Garcia <— LIVE!!
- Accidental Shield: A Marriage Mistake Romance by Nicole Snow <— LIVE!!! OOPS! THEY’RE MARRIED! “…It’s awkward, okay? I didn’t plan on waking up hitched to Hubby of the Century. Or one little misadventure erasing every memory of us. No sweet nothings. No ugly cry vows. No flipping honeymoon. But every time I see Flint Calum, I wonder. How did I get so lucky?…”
- Rising: Book 1 After the Thaw by Heidi Catherine and Tamar Sloan <— LIVE!! POST-APOCALYPTIC ALERT!! “…Humans now live in a super greenhouse. Seas have risen. Oceans have acidified. And the fight for resources is deadly. To ensure nothing of this magnitude ever happens again, only those with enough intelligence and heart will earn the right to bear children and heal the earth. Nine teens must face the tests of the Proving to decide who will be Bound to this new order. Four of them will challenge the system in ways even they can’t imagine…”
Nay: FYI–if you happen to be interested in Rising up on the list, it has a prequel called Burned and it’s free!
Grey: I actually added Rising to my TBR… have you read it already, Nay? It definitely piqued my interest… I haven’t read a good dystopian in a while.
- Survival: A Reverse Harem Romance (The Hollow Book 1) by Ellabee Andrews and Helen Scott <— LIVE!!!
- Fated, She Flies: A Dark and Twisted Swan Princess Retelling (A Never After Tale) by Brea Viragh<— LIVE!!
- Shadow’s Edge (Shadow Falls Series Book 1) by Lizzy Prince <— LIVE!! SHE SEES GHOSTS & WEIRDER THINGS… “…I’ve always seen ghosts, but since moving to Shadow Falls I haven’t seen a single spirit. Everyone says weird stuff happens here, it’s just a way of life. Ghosts don’t scare me but what’s happening in Shadow Falls is terrifying. Shadows that cling to people like parasites and a man who wants to devour me...”
- Saving Sandcastles (Lobster Bay Book 1) by Meredith Summers <— LIVE!!
- Inheritance Reversal by Mckenna James <— LIVE!!
- Sweeter by Eve Dangerfield <— LIVE!!
- Led By The BrokenHearted: A Contemporary New Adult Romance by Amani Green <— LIVE!! HE TEARS HER APART… “…There is only one person who has ever been able to shake something in her, but when she goes off to college, he tears her entire world apart. Ashton isn’t the boy Brisé once knew, and he isn’t interested in mending her broken heart. He’s out to settle a score...”
- The Vampires’ Blood Mate: A Paranormal Reverse Harem Romance by Lili Zander <— SERIES BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!
- An Unexpected Match by Arianna J. Dayne
- I Like Big Dragons and I Cannot Lie (The I Like Big Dragons Series) by Lani Lynn Vale <— Kathy recommends this series!
Kathy: Lani Lynn Vale wrote a 3 book paranormal series ( I Like Big Dragons). I enjoyed this series. The second book in the series is free (which never happens!!). It is called Dragons Need Love, Too.
- Princess Ballot: A Dark College Romance (Royals of Arbon Academy Book 1) by Tate James & Jaymin Eve <— TESSA COULDN’T PUT IT DOWN!!
Tessa: Princess Ballot from last week. GOOD. 🙂 Finished it the day after it was released and couldn’t put it down. I can’t wait for the next one.
- Mrs B’s Younger Man: An Age Gap Romance by Leah Key <— LIVE!!!
- What She Doesn’t Know: A Psychological Thriller by Andrew E. Kaufman <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN!! She can’t remember… “…Riley was the suspect in a murder investigation that destroyed her life and drove her into a psychiatric facility. Locked away for years, she was always guilty in the eyes of an unforgiving public. Now, after being released, all she wants is a fresh start, but the effort stalls when she becomes fixated on her new neighbor’s extravagant life. She can’t stop watching Samantha Light. And it’s curiously satisfying. For now, at least...”
- Hearts and Thorns by Ella Fields <— LIVE!!! SOUNDS ANGSTY & INTENSE!! Can be read as a standalone 😀 “…Jackson Thorn was my best friend and worst enemy, but that didn’t stop me from wanting him. From first words to high school halls, our childhood years braided a bond that wove in a direction neither of us could predict or outgrow. Forbidden became a word we ignored. It wasn’t that we didn’t care. It was that we cared too much. We had it all planned out. We thought we could make it. We thought we’d been careful. But all we managed to do was prolong the inevitable. Our destruction…”
Jen: Hearts and Thorns was an excellent read!
- Devastated (Anger Management Book 1) by R.L. Mathewson <— MONY LOVED IT LIKE I DID!
Mony: Hi Maryse,
Just finished DEVASTATED (Anger Management #1) by R.L. Mathewson (Goodreads 4.25). If you loved THE WALL OF WINNIPEG AND ME, this is your book! Slow burn, enemies-to-lover – gets better & better as it goes. Amazing & unique book boyfriend. Fantastic read!
Maryse: Oh yes I read and LOVED that one!!!! Wholeheartedly agree. It had me giggling like crazy (especially when she was drunk on the bathroom floor “dying a virgin”). LOL!!!!
- Tragic Beauty: A Dark Romance (Beauty & The Darkness Book 1) by Iris Ann Hunter <— DARK READ & MAJOR WARNING THOUGH KELLY LOVED THIS ONE!
Kelly: Just finished Tragic Beauty by a new to me author – Iris Ann Hunter – and OMG!!!! Couldn’t put it down.
It is DARK, really dark, a la Captive in the Dark. It has MAJOR triggers, is hard to stomach at times but the payoff was wonderful.
Her writing drew me in and kept me riveted and horrified but feeling EVERYTHING!!! Highly recommend. On my top 2019 reads for sure
- The Complete Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances Series, books 1-5 by Michelle Mankin <— ROCK STAR SERIES BOXSET SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! From New York Times bestselling author Michelle Mankin, The Complete Rock Stars, Surf and Second Chances Series is available for the first time ever in a box set. Five full-length novels. Your all access backstage pass to Southern California’s most famous rock band. P.S. Check out these fun facts about the series here and here.
- No Time for Daddy’s Girl: Author to Today the Waiting by Dorothy Collins <— LIVE!!
- With This Ring by Georgia Le Carre <— LIVE!!
- Renegades (Breaking the Rules Book 1) by E.M. Lindsey <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens <— THIS WAS NANCY’S ABSOLUTE BEST OF 2019 (P.S. here’s her whole list if you missed it on Sunday) and look what else she found out:
Nancy: Crawdads named a Best Book of the Year by the New York Times, USA Today, Bloomberg, Buzzfeed and many others. Ends 2019 as the bestselling hardcover in America for the year and starts 2020 as the Number 1 NYT Bestseller.
- Rivals: An enemies to lovers romance by ML Preston <— LIVE!!
- Filthy Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago Book 3) by Alex Wolf and Sloane Howell <— LIVE!!
Kissing & Telling: A Friends To Lovers Romance (Breaking The Rules Novel Book 1) by Jenna Reed <— LIVE!!
- Blinded Love Series by Stacey Marie Brown <— PAIGE RECOMMENDS THESE! They hate & blame each other… “…Everyone wants her to get back to who she was before. But nothing of her old life feels real to her anymore. The only one who understands what she is going through is someone who has always been cruel to her and someone she hated. The other survivor. Hunter Harris is totally off-limits and full of secrets...”
Paige: Love love all your recommendations! I just finished The Love Series by Stacey Marie Brown, never read her books before and omg I’m so in love with this series!
I wanted to ask you if you could please give us a list of your favorite good brother/bad brother w/ bad reputation or perfect boyfriend/bad best friend, where heroine falls and ends up with bad boy.
If you haven’t read this series YOU MUST. THANK YOU!!
- Love Bitten (Vampire Blood Royals Book 1) by Sabrina C Rose <— LIVE!!! SHE’S A HUMAN & HE’S A VAMPIRE ALERT!! “…karma was plotting against her. It wasn’t his car that she’d smashed into oblivion. It belonged to someone else. Someone whose dark emerald green eyes, livid face, and fierce stare left her breathless and quaking from more than just fear...”
- Death Angel: A Novel by Linda Howard <— CRUEL HERO (and it’s on sale today)!!! This book has been recommended for two of our dark hero lists!! Our Favorite “Falling In Love With An Assassin” Romance Books and Looking for book recommendations featuring cruel, abusive yet redeemable book heroes…
- The Stopover (The Miles High Club Book 1) by T.L. Swan <— NANCY LOVED IT (it’s on her Best of 2019 list!!) & found it on super-bargain for us!!
Nancy: just saw that THE STOPOVER by TL Scott just went on sale… It is on my list!!
Susan: you should start T L Swan’s Stopover. It’s another page turner. Loved it too!! …Smoking hot book. I love T L Swan’s books. They always keep me reading until I finish.
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial)<— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons)!!
- Daisy Jones & The Six: A Novel by Taylor Jenkins Reid <— I TOTALLY got in on the sale price of this one last week (and added on the audiobook since that price was great too) and look at ALL the love for the audiobook:
Robin: This was also a great book on audible. Probably the best I’ve listened to. The narrators (there are a few) did an exceptional job.
Denise: I’ve read the book and listened to the audio. Loved both, but the audio was absolutely freeking fantastic. I listened to the audio first, then straight onto the book. The narrators give you such a ‘feel’ for the characters and the time period. I’m so in love with this book
Maria: This is an amazing book!!!!
Tasara: The audible, though!
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren<— Nay says I’ll love it!!
Nay: Maryse–I just saw your Josh and Hazel fb post. I listened to it last week and loved it! I think it’ll be a hit with you…
Frannie: I loved this one!!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Moral Compass: A Novel by Danielle Steel – January 7th 2020
- Mr. Nobody: A Novel by Catherine Steadman- January 7th 2020
- The Night Country: A Hazel Wood Novel (The Hazel Wood Book 2) – January 7th 2020
- A Heart So Fierce and Broken (The Cursebreaker Series) by Brigid Kemmerer – January 7th 2020
- Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy) by A. Jade – January 7th 2020
- Scavenge The Stars by Tara Sim – January 7th 2020
- The Vanishing (Fogg Lake Book 1) by Jayne Ann Krentz – January 7th 2020
- Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children Book 5) by Seanan McGuire – January 7th 2020
- The Harder You Fall (Rixon Raiders Book 3) by L.A. Cotton – January 7th 2019
- Come Back for Me by Corinne Michaels – January 7th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).