Kayla is looking for recommendations, and while I have a bunch of lists that fit this genre, I’m opening it back up so we can add more.
I’m a HUGE fan of cruel heroes (even abusive/borderline abusive heroes) who are redeemable in the end.
- Sandra Brown (Breath of Scandal, Mean Streak, Chill Factor: A Novel, Sting),
- Linda Howard (Prey: A Novel, Against the Rules, Cry No More: A Novel, After The Night, Death Angel: A Novel, Dream Man, Sarah’s Child),
- Tami Hoag books, and
- Anne Stuart (Ice Series).
- I also enjoyed Kristen Ashely (Law Man, Breathe),
- Colleen Hoover (Ugly Love: A Novel),
- Susan Elizabeth Phillips (Kiss an Angel, Dream a Little Dream), and
- Cindy Gerald (Black Ops series), and
- Unbreak My Heart By Nicole Jacquelyn which I found on your page.
Given the above authors/style/romance preference, can you recommend any new authors or books that I haven’t listed that feature mean/cruel/abusive yet redeemable heroes? I’m NOT a fan of historical romance. I’m open to paranornal. My favorite is contemporary I guess.
Thanks so much
I DO have a bunch of lists featuring these kinds of heroes (or sometimes… antiheroes – and not all of them redeemable, of course – eeeeeeeep!!) but of course, since this is a HUGELY popular genre, we can never have too many recommendations. 😉
So let’s start with these if you haven’t perused them yet, and then I’m opening it up to our fellow readers and alpha-jerk enthusiasts for their favorites:
- Recommended “Unrequited Love” Books (he doesn’t want her…)
- Bullies to Love – Ultimate List of Bully Romance Books!
- Reader Question – Looking for book recommendations where the husband rejected his wife, and is now trying to repent…
- Unrequited Love Recommendations
- Book suggestions about heroes that treat her bad because he doesn’t know how to handle his feelings…
- Reader Favorites – Marital Strife Romance Book Recommendations
- Looking for more Bully Romance Books?
I thought we pretty much had them all (considering some of these lists have repeats) but the books Kayla suggest above are not even on these lists!!! So yep… I’m all ears.
Oops. I missed the bit where you say you don’t like historical romance, so I removed my rec. LOL. Sorry.
I don’t know if it’s already been thrown out there but, Consequences by Aleatha Romig was the first one to come to mind!
I looked this up on my Nook and couldn’t find it 🙁
Kayla, are you in the US? Consequences is free on Nook & Kindle here.
I am in the US. I will check again tonight 🙂 Maybe I wasn’t paying attention and selected the wrong book.