<— HAPPY FRIDAY AND HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!! I’m currently working on today’s Friday Finds (with a great bunch of recommendations that just came in) so keep checking back as more are added. If you have one for me, let me know! 😀
I will be reading an R. Renee recommendation from a week or so ago (Still Beating by Jennifer Hartmann), and I can’t wait to get it started!! I have a feeling this will not be a DNF for me, ’cause R and I have very similar book tastes and she LOVED it. YAY ME!!
R. Renee: Thank you for sharing Maryse! I think you’ll love Still Beating!
Rochelle: I also look forward to Still Beating.
BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST!!
- 1 year ago, Nancy’s favorites! Reader Favorites – Nancy’s Top 20 Best Books of 2020 List
- 1 year ago, R’s favorites! Reader Favorites – R. Renee’s Top 10 Best Books of 2020 List
- 1 year ago, we made this sweet list! Reader Recommendations – Our Favorite Books Featuring Virgin Heroes
- 2 years ago, Tasha’s favorites: Reader Favorites – Tasha J’s Best Books of 2019 List
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
—> ONE MONTH FREE TRIAL TO KINDLE UNLIMITED!!
—> AMAZON GERMANY!! You guys get a 3 month free trial for Amazon Unlimited music!!!
- Two Doors Away by Elle Spellman <— LIVE!!! LONELY NEIGHBORS!! “…Eric and Steph are lonely. They’re strangers, but with one connection – they live on the same street, on either side of number 26. Neither Eric nor Steph have met their neighbour at number 26, but both used to take comfort in hearing their neighbour playing piano at the same time every night – it made them feel less alone. Now the music has stopped and number 26 lies silent. Brought together by their mutual concern, Eric and Steph begin to grow closer and it looks like they might discover that the solution to their problems has been just two doors away the whole time…”
- Oath of Obedience: A Dark Mafia Romance (Deviant Doms) by Jane Henry <— LIVE!!!
- Beauty and the Assassin by Nadia Lee <— LIVE!!!
- Rooted by Susan Fanetti <— ANA LOVED IT!
Ana: Well there I thought I would be stuck in a book rut, just finished Rooted by Susan Fanetti (Pagano Family). Another 5 stars
- My Forever (Townsends of Texas Book 3) by Tiffany Patterson <— LIVE!!
- A Match, Unmasked (Dukes Of War Book 8) by Erica Ridley <— LIVE!!
- Drop Dead Queen: Dark Enemies to Lovers Bully Romance (Corium University Book 2) by C. Hallman and J.L. Beck <— LIVE!!
- Mountain Topped by K.M. Neuhold and Mia Monroe <— LIVE!!
- MONY ENJOYED THESE!!
Reading some BOTM books…all were good this round!
1. The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden #1) by A.R. Torre (Same author as The Good Lie, which I loved) – Mystery & murder. About a sex cam girl with a unique personality (mowhaha). It starts slow but really builds up. Will be reading the next one, Do Not Disturb. 4⭐
2. Bad Cruz by LJ Shen – I’ve haven’t been connecting with Shen’s books lately. But I read this one at one go and enjoyed it. Some points taken off for some of the H’s douchey behaviour & values that didn’t work in the book or sit right with me. But I’m likely in the minority. 3.5-4⭐
3. Crow by A. Zavarelli – Down to last few chapters but wanted to send this in. Not a big fan of mafia romances but this one is very good! About an Irish mafia leader Lachlan Crow. He’s hot, smart, fierce, and loyal to the family above all else. He’s fantastic! Love Irish Hs. Oh, and the h, Mack, is a sassy and strong woman, who’s great at being a thorn in his side. Lots of action, chemistry, heat & banter +++ 4.5⭐
- Her First Taste of Fire (Shadowvale Book 5) by Kristen Painter <— LIVE!! SHE HAS A CURSE THAT SHE’S TOLD NO ONE ABOUT + MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE ALERT!!! “…Most people think Nasha Black lives in Shadowvale because that’s where her father, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, lives. But Nasha has another reason for staying in Shadowvale and it’s not just the bakery she owns and operates. She has a devastating curse of her own. One she’s never told a soul about… …Facing certain humiliation, Charlie is about to leave for the census when an attractive woman shows up at his house, desperate for more of the chocolates Charlie sells in his shop. Nasha needs to know what magic he puts in his chocolate. She’s never tasted anything like it, literally, and it’s changed her life. Discovering he’s headed out of town pushes her to make a crazy offer. She’ll pretend to be his wife in exchange for his recipe. Seems fair enough…”
- Murder Most Fancy by Kellie McCourt <— LIVE!!
- You’ve Got an Earl (Determined Debutantes Book 2) by Bianca Blythe <— LIVE!!
- The Grump Who Stole Summer by Ella Fields <— LIVE!!! ELLA FIELDS ALERT!! BROKEN HERO BROKE HER HEART ONCE! “…I never meant to hurt her. Okay, so that might be a lie. The truth is, I just… panicked. My soul died when I was fourteen, and there was no reviving it. But when the one person who’d tried made headlines, got dumped by her Ivy League college, and was forced to work in my bookstore, I began to wonder if I needed it when my heart beat faster at just the sight of her. I began to wonder if I’d been wrong to push her away three years ago, and if she was as I’d hoped and feared—different. If maybe, she could truly accept a guy like me. All of me. Every vile, cruel, tattered piece…”
- Hunger (Vampire Beloved Book 6) by R. E. Butler <— LIVE!!
- Watch Me Fall (The Emerson U Series Book 1) by KC Kean <— LIVE!!
- The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes <— TASHA J LOVED IT!!!
Tasha J: I finished The Inheritance Games and haven’t read a book that quick in too long! I loved it. It was like being in an escape room, the ones I’ve been to are all mysteries to be solved to get “out”. Loved all the riddles and secret compartments. Found family or no one you can trust? And possible love triangle. ❤️
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins <— MADE ROSE CRY & SHE LOVED IT!
Rose: I love crying when I’m reading. I don’t know why, but I just love feeling so emotionally attached to characters. A book that made me cry was ‘The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes’, by Suzanne Collins, when a particular character died (I won’t spoil it for anyone).
Maryse: Oh yes!! I know I am LIVING the book when I feel that depth of emotion.
- Because of Ben (Star Crossed Book 2) by Lisa Henry <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!! THE BAD BOY ROCK STAR & THE CHRISTIAN THAT IS STILL IN THE CLOSET!! “…Marco Chase is the lead singer for Static, one of the world’s most famous and successful rock bands. Marco’s bad boy rock star image isn’t just one he’s cultivated for his fans—it’s Marco all over. Marco’s past is full of one night stands, bad decisions, and blackouts. Marco never saw a cage he didn’t want to rattle—and from the moment he lays eyes on him, he really wants to rattle sweet, innocent Ben Selden’s cage...”
- Binding Rose: A Dark Mafia Romance (Mafia Wars) by Ivy Fox <— LIVE!!
- Alex (Heroes MC Fort Dix 1): MC Romance Suspense by Autumn Summers <— LIVE!!
- Salty Sisters The Complete Collection Boxset: A Beach Novella Series (Books 1-6) by Carmen Cruz <— LIVE!!
- This Love by Samantha Victoria <— ERIKA SAYS BETTER THAN BEAUTIFUL DISASTER!!
Erika: I just finished reading This Love by Samantha Victoria. It’s a kindle unlimited book. And oh wow what a read!!! Slow burn romance. Friends to lovers. Drama. Angst. Just freaking wow! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Better than Beautiful Disaster if u ask me ❤️❤️❤️
Melissa: OMG! I just finished reading This Love by Samantha Victoria…just….ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I loved it soooo much!!! reminds me of beautiful disaster. Freaking loved Joss Nixon! A must read Maryse! I think you would really like this book! 🙂
Josie: I recently read an Indie book called This Love by Samantha Victoria. Really enjoyed it. If you liked the angsty romance in beautiful disaster, you would like this too.
- The Worst Guy by Kate Canterbary <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE ANA 5-STAR LOVED IT, TOO!!
Ana: …my first book of the year was the worst guy by Kate Canterbary and my it did set a high bar for the rest of the year a strong 5 stars…
Mony: Agree!!! Sebastian is sexy, arrogant, often dirty talking ER physician. On the quiet devilish side. A compelling intense character in this E-to-L story. 🙂 *sigh*
- New Wolf (Arctic Wolf Book 2) by J.R. Rain and H.P. Mallory <— LIVE!!!
- Hidden Angel: A Paranormal Academy Romance (Keepers of the Light Book 1) by Tamar Sloan and V.P. Allasander <— LIVE!!!
- Suffer in Silence: A Dark Mafia Romance (Malvagio Mafia Duet Book 1) by Kelsey Clayton <— LIVE!!! DARK ROMANCE!!! “…The Familia is a mystery to most, and sitting on its throne is Kage Malvagio. Vile. Sadistic. Painstakingly beautiful. Some say: Ask for forgiveness, never permission. Kage asks for neither. Especially when he gets his hands on me. I should hate him. I should run at the first chance I get. But how could the devil be so bad when he looks at me like that?“
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters <— JAN SAYS IT’S CREEPY!
Jan: I read The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters a few years ago and liked its creepy atmosphere (it was about a ghost I think?). I might try Fingersmith.
- Out of Reach Series by Kaylee Ryan <— KATHY RECOMMENDS IT!
Kathy: If you are looking for a good series and like baseball romances, you should read Kaylee Ryan’s Out of Reach Series. A good series to just curl up with a blanket and read.
- A History of Wild Places: A Novel by Shea Ernshaw <— TASHA J ENJOYED THIS ONE TOO!
Tasha J: I have like 20 pages left in A History of Wild Places and have really loved this book. The writing style, ugh, I’m a sucker for lyrical writing and it’s so atmospheric and really pulls you in. The synopsis really drew me to it and it didn’t disappoint! I also love the cover. Lol.
- Becoming His Mistress by A.E. Murphy <— THE OTHER WOMAN ALERT!! OFTEN RECOMMENDED & NOW AIMEE LOVED IT TOO!
Aimee: I just finished this one. If you can get over the narrator’s lisp this book is soooo good!!! I LOVE a cheating romance book, BUT HATE Cheaters!!! I always love how this story line gives you so much angst and drama and still give an HEA! !
I love this genre by seeing how each author deals with the cheating. Even knowing what’s going to happen in this book the author kept you guessing how it was going to end!
Maryse: Oooooh that is reading CATNIP for me!!! THANK YOU MY FRIEND!!!
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Float Plan by Trish Doller <— ROCHELLE JUST GOT THIS ONE (per R’s recommendation!!)
Rochelle: Ok I just bought the Float Plan. I have never seen Kindle fir $10.99. I am not complaining as authors need to make a living also. Just made it easy to buy audio. 👍
R. Renee: Float Plan is swoony!
- Two Doors Away by Elle Spellman
- Her First Taste of Fire (Shadowvale Book 5) by Kristen Painter
- The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Juniper Hill (The Edens) by Devney Perry – January 11th 2022
- Hearts on Ice (The Hopefuls) by MJ Fredrick – January 11th 2022
- Put Me in Detention by Meghan Quinn – January 11th 2022
- Wright Rival by K.A. Linde – January 11th 2022
- Twilight at Moorington Cross by Abigail Wilson – January 11th 2022
- Dragon Unbound: A Dragon Kings Novella by Donna Grant – January 11th 2022
- Best Kept Secret (Rochester Trilogy Book 3) by Skye Warren – January 11th 2022
- Triple Threat by K Webster – January 11th 2022
- Baden: A Pittsburgh Titans Novel by Sawyer Bennett – January 11th 2022
- The Siren of Sussex (Belles of London Book 1) by Mimi Matthews – January 11th 2022
- On The Honey Side by Staci Hart – January 11th 2022
- Shopping for a Highlander by Julia Kent – January 11th 2022
- Dating the Duke (The Aristocrat Diaries Book 2) by Emma Hart – January 11th 2022
- The Family You Make: A Novel (The Sunrise Cove Series Book 1) by Jill Shalvis – January 11th 2022
- Beautiful Nightmare by Giana Darling – January 13th 2022
- Mystic Veil: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel: (Poppy’s Potions) (Haven Hollow Book 11) by J.R. Rain and H.P. Mallory – January 15th 2022
- Endgame Romance (Lost Daughter of a Serial Killer Book 3) by C.M. Stunich – January 16th 2022
- Reminders of Him by Colleen Hoover – January 18th 2022
- On a Night Like This: the brand new funny and heartwarming romantic comedy from the international bestselling author by Lindsey Kelk – January 18th 2022
- What Might Have Been by Holly Miller – January 18th 2022
- Something So Sweet (Honey Hill Book 1) by Joy Avery – January 18th 2022
- Love & Other Disasters by Anita Kelly – January 18th 2022
- Yinka, Where Is Your Huzband?: A Novel by Lizzie Damilola Blackburn – January 18th 2022
- The Runaway Duchess by Joanna Lowell – January 18th 2022
- Made in Manhattan by Lauren Layne – January 18th 2022
- Sinner’s Game: Ronan and Brandy standalone romance (Saints and Sinners Book 4) by J. Kenner – January 18th 2022
- Lightning in a Mirror (Fogg Lake Book 3) by Jayne Ann Krentz – January 18th 2022
- Hold Me Forever by Layla Hagen – January 18th 2022
- Just One Spark: The Kingston Family by Carly Phillips – January 18th 2022
- Shallow | A Novel by Randi Cooley Wilson – January 18th 2022
- Green Envy (Sin Series Book 2) by Aleatha Romig – January 18th 2022
- Pack Darling Part Two Reverse Harem Omegaverse Duology by Lola Rock – January 18th 2022
- Hotwife by Kat Blackthorne – January 19th 2022
- Just Another Liar by Mandy Byatt – January 20th 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!