HAPPY FRIDAY FINDS & Happy Valentines Day my friends!!! Time for some serious romance. In real life… and in our awesome book life too. 😀 Today’s list is nicely loaded & I’m still working on it as we speak, so keep checking back for more.
And if your Valentine’s weekend includes hanging out with your kids, this list might be fun to try!!
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Fourteeners (The Hydraulic Series Book 3) by Sarah Latchaw <— TRILOGY CONCLUSION ALERT!! IT. IS. LIVE!!!!!! P.S. Here is the reading order (and huge love for this trilogy): The Hydraulic Series Reading Order
Rae: OMG I can’t believe this is being released. I gave up on it so long ago. Thanks Maryse. Off to download.
Susan: I read both about a month ago and loved them!!! I have looked everywhere for book 3 …It’s definitely an unfinished story and needs a third book.
Robyn: I have had this book for sooooo long waiting to be read. Maybe it’s time to start it now!
Carla: HL5/Skygods is my favorite… of all time. I will always re-read it when I have a chance. I fell in love with it as a fanfic, and anxiously awaited the publication…. Skygods is not a CH. It ends in a good place, but another book, continuing the story would be amazing. I love these characters so much.. getting to spend more time with them would be a gift.
- The Affair by J.L. Berg <— LIVE!!! BLURB JOLT!!! HER HUSBAND’S BROTHER… “...Sawyer Gallagher was never on my radar. The moment I met his younger brother, I was taken. Done for. Love-drunk. But, some things aren’t meant to last and at the age of thirty-three, I find myself divorced, penniless and living with my parents. When Sawyer stops by our family’s antique store, asking for a job, I figure: Why the heck not? Life can’t get much worse. It doesn’t take long to realize just how different the Gallagher brothers are…”
Amy: One-clicked The Affair! Sounds so good and I love J.L. Berg!
Maryse: Agreed!!! That’s my biggest blurb jolt of the day!! 😀
- Teacher I Want to Date: An Opposites Attract Romance by Mia Kayla
- The Pretending Plot (Caught Up In Love: The Swoony New Reboot of the Contemporary Romance Series Book 1) by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY FAKE FIANCE ALERT!! “The Pretending Plot is a reimagining of the 2013 story Pretending He’s Mine (no longer available for sale). The Pretending Plot has been rewritten in first person and expanded from a novella to novel length!”
- The Second Chance Plan (Caught Up In Love: The Swoony New Reboot of the Contemporary Romance Series Book 3) by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY ALERT!! “Author’s Note: Note: in 2013, I wrote CAUGHT UP IN US, and though it’s no longer available for sale, the characters of Kat and Bryan seemed to demand another chance in the spotlight. THE SECOND CHANCE PLAN is a reimagining of their second chance romance, with 70 percent brand-new material, vastly expanded characterizations, and his POV woven into the story, so you can come to know and love Kat and Bryan at their best, like I do. Enjoy!”
- The Simple Wild: A Novel by K.A. Tucker <— JOANNE LOVED IT TOO!
Joanne: I just finished A Simple Wild. Amazing! It’s been a long time since I’ve been moved to tears by a book. Thank you for this recommendation — the best part, the sequel is out next week. 🎉
- Her Enemy, Her Lover (The Ladies of The Burling School Book 1) by Elizabeth Lennox
- Counterfeit Relations (Alaskan Security-Team Rogue Book 2) by Jemma Westbrook
- Bastian (THe Wounded Sons Book 2) by Leah Sharelle
- Til There Was You (The Misfit Inn) by Kait Nolan
- She Walks in Majesty (Protectors of the Spear Book 3) by MaryLu Tyndall <— LIVE!! FANTASY ROMANCE!! I LOVE that cover!! Beautiful.
- Condemned Complete Series: A Dark Romance by Gemma James <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! DARK ROMANCE... “...I was fifteen when I sent the love of my life to prison for a crime he didn’t commit. Back then Rafe was my brother’s best friend and off-limits, but that didn’t stop me from drooling over him. I’ve never forgotten the guy whose green eyes made me weak in the knees. Rafe hasn’t forgotten me either. Eight years later, I find him on my doorstep with revenge on the mind. The twisted part of this story? I still want him, even though he’s holding me captive on an island…”
- Warprize (Chronicles of the Warlands Book 1) by Elizabeth Vaughan <— SUPER-BARGAIN!!! WHAT TO READ AFTER GOLDEN DYNASTY ALERT!!
Young: One of my favorite series ever is Warprize by Elizabeth Vaughn. For me, it is right up there with Tairen Soul series. …Please read Tairen Soul series, or Warprize. Both were AMAZING and the best I’ve ever read!! The world building in the stories is top notch. You won’t be sorry.
- See Me by T.L. Travis <— LIVE!!! HE’S BEEN DISFIGURED ALL HIS LIFE… “…“Trust what’s inside. Even beauty sometimes has an evil lurking beneath.” Over the years her nickname for me, my little one, was shorted to Mio. Calling me little when I now towered over her five foot frame by more than fourteen inches made it even more adorable to hear her say. Is it best to see someone for who they truly are, or is it safer to hide in the shadows and avoid risking it all?“
- Suburban Renewal (That Business Between Us Book 3) by Pamela Morsi <— JulieO kept the paperback in her precious collection!
JulieO: SUBURBAN RENEWAL. Read it long before kindles were around. Very good. How do I know it is very good? Because as soon as I heard the title I remembered the goodness of the book. So will go find my paperback and blow off the dust.
Another reason is the last time I moved I went through all my paperbacks and only kept the ones I truly care out about and SUBURBAN RENEWAL made the cut.
- Heart of Darkness (An Immortals of the Damned Novel Book 1) by Claire Marta
- Has Anyone Seen My Sex Life?: An absolutely hilarious, laugh out loud page turner by Kristen Bailey <— MARRIED LIFE AND FAMILY ALERT!! “...All hope of having some ‘alone time’ is replaced with wondering if we’ve run out of Cheerios, thinking about the overflowing laundry, and remembering that I forgot to take out the recycling. Again. Just a typical Monday morning for the Morton family… Except today, when I go downstairs in my dressing gown, I find something. Something belonging to my husband. Something that definitely wasn’t in the wedding vows. And it’s either going to make us… or break us…”
- Rescued: A Dark Sci-Fi Romance Short (Winning Her Over Book 1) by Kendra Darcy
- Apple Blossoms: A Regency Fairytale by Britain Kalai Soderquist
- Going All The Way: Kiss The Bride #1 by Cynthia Cooke <— LIVE!! HER NEW NEIGHBOR IS NOT PEACEFUL!! “…She returns home to San Francisco to focus on her artwork, relax, and hang out with her friends. A stress-free life. Until a man moves in next door who pushes all her buttons. Between Ryan and his dog, Riley, life is anything but peaceful. But it sure is a whole lot more fun...”
- Tell Me I’m Yours by J. J. Carlson <— LIVE!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! “...Walking barefoot across town, Evelyn Jameson fears that no one will ever love her for who she is. But then she meets a charming, easygoing man who is just as awkward as she is, and her worries begin to melt away. Happiness, it seems, is finally within reach. Mutual sparks of attraction lead to a comfortable romance, and Evelyn knows she is falling in love. Her perseverance is finally paying off. But one of her closest friends—someone she has known for years, is watching her closely. Too closely…”
- Wanderlove by Rachel Blaufeld <— Rachel Blaufeld SUPER-BARGAIN (US) ALERT!! & Michele G LOVED IT!!
Michele G: …read Wanderlove by Rachel Blaufeld and really loved it too – 4 1/2 stars! It was the first of her books that I’ve read and I don’t know why.
…Two broken souls meant to be together (at least that’s my interpretation)…their story crawled right into my heart and took residence.
- Straighten Up and Swipe Right by by Lu Etchells <— COMEDY ROMANCE ONLINE DATING ALERT!! “…Laura Henderson already has two loves in her life: her cat, and her ever-increasing shoe collection. Three, if you include her best friend Martyn. But, as Martyn’s wedding day approaches, Laura starts to think it might be nice to have someone to snuggle up to on those cold Mancunian nights. Join her as she enters the farcical, and occasionally disastrous, world of online dating. Is she destined to be the crazy cat lady with the nice shoes, or will she find her Mr Swipe Right?”
Absinthe Minded (Bourbon Street Bad Boys’ Club Book 1)by Kathryn M. Hearst <— LIVE!! MAFIA BOSS & A BABY LEFT WITH HIM ALERT!! AND HE NEEDS HELP! “…Maggie Guthrie is broke, exhausted, and raising her deceased sister’s kids. She’s also a reporter by day and desperately needs to get the scoop on one of the most illustrious families in the French Quarter, the Marchionnis… …even if that means running into her ex. Unfortunately, wishes do come true. So when Gabe shows up on her doorstep with a newborn and a proposition she should refuse, Maggie knows better than to let him into her house…and into her life…”
- Every Day is Valentine’s Day by Ava Danielle <— LIVE!! SHE HATES VALENTINES DAY! “…Despite all the hatred she feels towards Valentine’s Day, she still fell in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time. She fell in love with her own personal Romeo. But will she still feel the samewhen she meets him for the first time?”
- Beautiful Trouble (Dirty Hollywood Book 2) by Claire Raye
- Endgame by Aisha Tritle
Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- The Girl He Used to Know by Tracey Garvis-Graves <— Leslie M is listening to one of my favorites!!
Leslie M: I’m reading (well, listening to) The Girl he Used to Know and I’m nervous. I KNOW something is coming but I have no idea what. I started reading Maryse’s review then stopped where it says “go in blind”.
*bites nails nervously*
P.S. The male narrators voice is slightly annoying but not enough to ruin story.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Altered by Lead (Undercover Sinners Book 2) by Tate James & C.M. Stunich – February 15th 2020
- Loud Mouth (Ice Knights Book 3) by Avery Flynn – February 17th 2020
- Real Life: A Novel by Brandon Taylor – February 18th 2020
- Chasing Cassandra: The Ravenels by Lisa Kleypas – February 18th 2020
- The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James – February 18th 2020
- Wild at Heart: A Novel (The Simple Wild Book 2) by K.A. Tucker – February 18th 2020
- Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon – February 18th 2020
- Saint X by Alexis Schaitkin – February 18th 2020
The Other Mrs.: A Novel by Mary Kubica – February 18th 2020
- Creeping Beautiful by J.A. Huss – February 19th 2020
- A Glimmer of Ghosts (The Hell Gate Series) by Hunter J. Skye – February 19th 2020
- Rebel Priest (Love and Other Drugs Duet Book 1) by Adriane Leigh – February 20th 2020
- Face the Music (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll Book 3) by JB Salsbury – February 20th 2020
- The Laws of Entanglement: A True Love Story by Maya Preisler – February 22nd 2020
- Just One Year by Penelope Ward – February 24th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).