HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!! 30+ Friday Finds on today’s list with a ton of reader recommendations including that one to the left that is making so many go crazy right now!!! 😀 That’s the duet I’m currently reading.
P.S. In case you missed my latest review, here it is again + the latest reader questions:
- Book Review – In an Instant by Suzanne Redfearn
- Reader Question – The book about a girl who falls for two vampires who are brothers…
- Reader Question… Solved! The book about the girl and her father that worked as the groundskeepers for her bully’s family…
- Reader Question – The forbidden romance book about the heroine that falls for her boyfriend’s father…
- Reader Question – The book about the Hero that ditches her for her sister…
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- The Life You Stole (The Life Series Book 2) by Jewel E. Ann <— LIVE!!! EVERYONE’S GOING CRAZY FOR THIS STEAMY DUET (and it’s complete!!!) And Ela is back to yelling at me with shouty caps – that’s how excited she is about it (and how I missed her shouty caps so much!!!) YAY!! I’m on it Ela!
Ela: MARYSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! YOU MUST DROP EVERYTHING AND READ The Life That Mattered (Life #1) by Jewel E. Ann SO THAT YOU CAN DIVE INTO THE SEQUEL
Maryse: OKAY!! Starting it right now!!! 😀
Maryse: …wow it starts off with a HUGE OOMPH!!!!
Ela: MARYSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AT 22% OF SECOND BOOK AND OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maryse: GASP ELA!!!!!!!!!! YOU. ARE. KILLING ME!!!!! *claps and claps* I can’t wait to get back to my book. 😀
Ela: I AM LOVING THIS SO MUCH! I MISSED THIS FEELING OF LOVING AND HATING CHARACTERS AND MY LOVE OF READING A WONDERFUL STORY! This reminds me the first time I read Beautiful Disaster per YOUR recommendation! Or WHEN WE READ THE OPPORTUNIST AND DISCOVERED TARRYN FISHER’S BRILLIANCE!
Maryse: *happy wiggles SO HARD!!!*
MichelleS: Finished The Life That Mattered (The Life Series Book 1), by Jewel E Ann, late last night. 5 stars!! Thank god the follow up releases this week. I love everything she writes. I am in love with Ronin Alexander. I have a dozen ideas where this might go, and I’m sure I’m wrong on all counts! This is probably a good time to throw some peanuts… Maryse…. read Jack and Jill series. You will NOT be disappointed.
- Boss Man Bridegroom by Meghan Quinn <— LAUGH-OUT-LOUD FUNNY!!! SO MUCH LOVE FOR THIS ONE!!
Mony: Oh my god, I loved this book! One of the best romcoms I have ever read! This book has it all. Quirky and incredibly funny, slow burn office romance, laugh out loud moments, hot sexy scenes, heartfelt moments, and FANTASTIC characters – Charlee (smart and kinda crazy/one of my favourite heroines), Rath (one of my top fantasy alpha boyfriend) and others (Bram – fantastic bromance there).
So much fun to read about Charlee – over the top but real, never know her next move, and her banter with Rath is off the scale. A 5+ book not to be missed…highly recommend!
Jennifer:I LOVE THIS BOOK!! I agree, it’s definitely one of the best romcoms I’ve ever read!
Virginia: AMAZING BOOK!!!
- King of the South by Calia Read <— The latest by Calia Read is LIVE!!! OMG THIS COVER & BLURB!! After the war and now he has to help find her a husband… ASAP! “...Most of the men I went to war with didn’t make it home, including my best friend, Miles. I thought I knew everything about him until I discovered he made me the executor to his little sister Rainey’s dowry. Rainey Pleasonton is anything but pleasant. Most men in Charleston found her wild and carefree ways to be terrifying, which explained why she was twenty-eight and still unmarried. I have sixty days to help her find a husband before she loses her inheritance, her family’s legacy, and I lose the last of my sanity…”
- Wild at Heart: A Novel (The Simple Wild Book 2) by K.A. Tucker <— RECENT RELEASE AND WE HAVE FEEDBACK!!!! Harper LOVED BOTH OF THESE! YAY ALASKA!!! 😀 P.S. Here’s book #1 which I loved: The Simple Wild: A Novel
Harper: The Simple Wild: was the best book I have read in a very long time. It was amazing. There were some parts that I couldn’t stop laughing and every single part of the book was swoon worthy. I already know that its going to be in my list of best books of 2020. I had unbelievable luck with books this weekend, all thanks to the recommendations made here.
Harper: Just finished Wild at heart. I’m completely in love with this series. I can’t imagine how K.A. Tucker could write something better than these two books. It had it all. I laughed a lot, cried and smiled through beginning to end. The character development was off the charts.
The secondary characters were so well the developed that they could have their own books. The only fault I could find was that it ended way too soon. I just wanted to spend more time with this story. I guess I will have to read it again until the author decides to write a third one.
- Creeping Beautiful by J.A. Huss <— J.A. HUSS ALERT!!! She doesn’t want to choose one… “…If I had to choose between them, I would die. There is just no way I could only choose one. I need them all.I don’t even care if that’s selfish. I want them all…”
- A Glimmer of Ghosts (The Hell Gate Series) by Hunter J. Skye
- Consumed By Rage: A Stained Souls MC Novel – Book 1 by Zara Teleg <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! Charmaine recommends it!
Charmaine: Okay, so I never post anything, just stalk the absolute daylights out of your site. I just finished a book by a new author. In actual fact, this is her first book, but holy [email protected] it’s amazing. It is Consumed by Rage and the Author is Zara Teleg. Give it a try…
- Lock & Key – The Complete Series – Motorcycle Club Romance: Books 1 – 4 by Cat Porter <— BIKER BOOK BUNDLE ALERT!!! “…For the first time ever, all 4 full-length novels of the thrilling, sexy, and very emotional Lock & Key Motorcycle Club Second Chance Romance saga are now available in 1 boxed set at 1 special price. 4 novels in one saga spanning two decades. 4 fierce Anti-heroes as real, complicated, and emotionally raw as they come. Bold women coming to terms with loss and daring to redefine themselves. Burning first loves in their 20s & blazing second chances in their 40s…“
Nay: Cat Porter’s Lock & Key series. I loved the first 2 books, and Fury is a spinoff–the hero of Fury is a member of one of the rival motorcycle clubs.
Kooloo: I’ve started Naynay’s MC rec by Cat Porter and IT IS HOWWTTT 😮 I’m def’ loven’ it 😉
Sonia: Lock and key by Cat Porter. It’s a biker book both main characters are 30/40.
Lisa: Maryse and co…i just read Lock and Key and the followup Random and Rare by Cat Porter.
I know theyre oldies and perhaps everyone else has already read them BUT if you haven’t PLEASE PLEASE read these books.
I am wrecked, wrung out and emotionally drained. Dig’s story (told from the grave) in Random and Rare has ruined me. Eleventy billion stars for me and some of the best biker books Ive read… Dig will break your heart even more than Havoc (Susan Fanetti).
- Submerged (Alaskan Courage Book #1) by Dani Pettrey <— ALASKA ROMANCE ALERT!! Nancy found is this one!! “…Yancey, Alaska was a quiet town…until the truth of what was hidden in the depths off the coast began to appear. Bailey Craig vowed never to set foot in Yancey again. She has a past, and a reputation–and Yancey’s a small town. She’s returned to bury a loved one killed in the plane crash and is determined not to stay even an hour more than necessary...”
Nancy: Totally into the Alaskan Books. Found: SUBMERGED (Alaskan Courage) by Dani Pettrey can be read for FREE with Kindle membership!!
- Rebel Priest (Love and Other Drugs Duet Book 1) by Adriane Leigh <— LIVE!!! OOOOOH FORBIDDEN LOVE ALERT!! “...Soon they’re working side by side together–chemistry simmering to a boiling point as two desperate hearts find the will to live again while forbidden love lights like lighter fluid in their hearts. But it isn’t long before secrets so explosive come to light it torches the very foundations of their belief, and only time will tell if theirs is a love strong enough to survive the inevitable fall...”
- Mason Soulless Bastards MC Miami by Erin Trejo <— LIVE!!!
- Rough Return (Screaming Demons MC Book 4) by Summer Cooper and Sienna Chance <— LIVE!!!
- On the Corner of Love and Hate by Nina Bocci <— FRENEMIES-TO-LOVERS ALERT!! Reese loved it!
Reese: On the corner of love and hate is also bargain priced today. I’m reading it now and so far it’s a fun enemies to lovers romance I think? I went in blind so not sure where it’s going yet. Hehe.
Michele G: Reese, I enjoyed that one!
Reese: I really enjoyed it as well! It is a great frenemies to lovers book and I loved the MC sassy snarky attitude. And the best part – it was all in her point of view so I was right there with her not knowing what HE thought or felt. Just a fun read all around.
- Face the Music (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll Book 3) by JB Salsbury <— LIVE!!! HE’S STILL GRIEVING HIS WIFE BUT SHE WANTS HIM ANYWAY… “…His wife died giving birth to their daughter six years ago. His tragic past doesn’t keep me from wanting to unravel him, strip away his buttoned-up goodness, and discover what kind of man lies beneath. If that makes me evil, so be it. I’m far beyond redemption anyway…”
- Stranded with the Ex-Boyfriend (Snowbound Billionaires Book 2) by Sophie Brooks
- Pretty, Dark and Dirty: A Forbidden Romance by Margot Scott
- Plum: A Steel Bones Motorcycle Club Romance by Cate C. Wells
- Would Like to Meet by Rachel Winters <— COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!!! TASHA J LOVED IT!!!
Tasha J: Ok, I’ve finished Would Like to Meet as well. I recommend this one if you want a light, pick me up, feel good kind of read. It had me laughing from the start and smiling throughout. It is totally a rom com and I’ve not read one in a very long time, but I love how Evie, our h, plays out all these meet cutes to get her client to write a script for a production agency.
It had so many references to all of my beloved rom com movies from years past, yet I could see this becoming one of those movies on its own! I loved her friendships, her back and forth with her “enemy”, and the potential relationships with prospects. And of course, all the mishaps along the way. *chuckles*
- The Terrible Gift (Empath Found Book 1) by Colette Rhodes <— REVERSE HAREM ALERT!! LIVE!!! And I love this cover! “…For as long as she can remember, Fi has been sensitive to other people’s emotions. So sensitive, she works a night job as a cleaner to avoid being overwhelmed by all of their feelings. After a night on the town goes wrong, Fi comes to the attention of the Academy of Avalon. The obscenely beautiful jerk of a man who comes to collect her confirms her suspicions — Fi isn’t human at all...”
- Mr. Big Ego (Dirty South Book 3) by Kat Addams
- Dreaming of You (Little Sky Romance Book 5) by Alexa Rivers
- The Day He Went Away by Jennifer Millikin <— MILITARY ANGSTY ROMANCE ALERT!! My heart already hurts!! “…Soon his four years in the Army would be over, and we’d be together forever. My perfect life was squarely in my palm. And then it was snatched from me. The harshest, cruelest truth became my reality. And I turned into a shell of my former self. Then a stranger arrived, wearing Army fatigues and closely cropped dark hair. Fulfilling a promise to his comrade-in-arms brought him to my front door. And the focus of his promise, it turned out, was me...”
- Always & Forever: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (ABC’s of Love Collection, Books 1 – 4) by Brenna Jacobs
- Invoked: Spellbound Series by Dani Kristoff
- Where We Belong: An unputdownable contemporary romance novel for 2020 by Shann McPherson
- Warrior Blue by Kelsey Kingsley <— AMY RECOMMENDS THIS ONE! “...Blake Carson can’t afford to have a life. Between working full-time as a tattoo artist and caring for his disabled twin brother Jacob, his plate is more than full – and he prefers it that way. But his meticulous planning is turned on its head when he meets the upbeat and beautiful Audrey Wright and her butterfly tattoo…“
Amy: Currently reading Warrior Blue and it is SO good! Not sure if it’s been mentioned or if you’ve seen it but so far, I highly recommend!
- The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James <— GHOST THRILLER ALERT!! RECENT RELEASE & TASHA J LOVED IT & NOW Val was told she has to read it!
Val: I got a text from a friend that I have to read it like now!
Maryse: yes… Sun Down sounds like all SORTS of my kind of read!!!! 😀
- Chasing the Knight (Stealth Ops Book 6) by Brittney Sahin
- Bullseye: Book 1: The Monsters Within by Monica James <— REVENGE ALERT!!! “...Four men took something from me, something which can never be replaced. That one night changed the lives of so many and taught me that monsters are real. But I also learned I’m the biggest monster of them all. Nothing and no one will stand in my way of redemption because those men…they’re now three. The fourth—he is the reason they call me Bullseye…”
- Hydraulic Level 5 (The Hydraulic Series Book 1) by Sarah Latchaw <— TRILOGY IS NOW COMPLETE & ROBYN LOVED THE SERIES!!
Robyn: I finally started Hydraulic Level Five by Sarah Latchaw. It’s been sitting in my que for so long waiting for book 3 to come out, which did last week! It is so good you guys. The H and h have been friends since childhood then married. They divorced over something the h never knew about the H. He was hiding it. He’s a successful author and she is this extreme sports junkie/ promoter. She is loved by his family, like another daughter.
She decides to embark on a journey to figure out what went wrong with her marriage and uncovers a lot of things that were hidden from her. She’s still madly in love w the H as he with her. I just love the writing, the flow and ease.
I love all the references to the extreme sports in the beginning of the chapters. Like Hydraulic Level Five has to do with whitewater rafting, SkyGods has to do with parachutists and I think Fourteeners is mountain climbing. Those are the titles of the books. Sorry I’ve gone on forever, but these books are so good I had to share.
Rochelle: I have been plowing through book 1 HL5. So much I had forgotten. I forgot he wanted to ask 1 question a week so they could digest the pain. Who does that ? I also live her description of the mountains in Colorado and the color of the sunsets. It is so well written. I really forgot just how good it is. I am one who never reads a book twice. Too many out there to waste time on rereading. But I am so glad to jump back in this story. I am sorry Sarah Latchaw is not a full time writer. She really has a talent.
R. Renee: Same here. I’m not a re-reader, but I might have to! I wish it was on audio!
Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- Jane Doe: A Novel by Victoria Helen Stone <— ONE OF MY PSYCH-THRILLER FAVS & Shirley is loving it!
Shirley: Maryse, I am listening to Jane Doe on Audible (thanks to you for the free trial link) It is SO GOOD! I really like the Narrator.
I Love Audible and I didn’t think I would. I am officially going to become a member after my free trial has expired. Thank you Maryse!
Maryse: OMG Shirley that is so awesome to know! I too, have just started becoming hooked on fiction audiobooks (I used to only listen to the self-help stuff), but it’s opened a whole new world for me too!!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Laws of Entanglement: A True Love Story by Maya Preisler – February 22nd 2020
- Just One Year by Penelope Ward – February 24th 2020
- Disavow (The Dumonts Book 3) by Karina Halle – February 25th 2020
- Imaginary Numbers (InCryptid Book 9) by Seanan McGuire – February 25th 2020
- Great And Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros – February 25th 2020
- Love And Other Things (A Crystal Lake Novel Book 4) by Juliana Stone – February 25th 2020
- Finding Him (Covet Book 2) by Rachel Van Dyken – February 25th 2020
- Crazy Heifer (The Valentine Boys Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale – February 25th 2020
- Apeirogon: A Novel by Colum McCann – February 25th 2020
- Great And Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros – February 25th 2020
- Once a Myth by Pepper Winters – February 25th 2020
- The Secrets We Held (Secrets and Truths Duet Book 1) by E.K. Blair – February 26th 2020
- Crowne of Lies: A Marriage of Convenience Romance by C.D. Reiss – February 28th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).