HAPPY FRIDAY FINDS!!! 😀 A whole weekend of reading for me, and I’m super excited ’cause today’s list has a few that I’m super-excited about (3 blurb jolts for me one this one). Actually make that 4 because… guess what’s up, that I forgot to post about, and to choose for myself?
March’s Amazon First Reads!! How could I possibly forget, when Tasha (my book twin) posted about it a few days ago? But I missed it, and Michelle reminded me…
Tasha J: It’s March already!! How quick did that happen, right? Amazon firsts are here and I chose Wall of Silence, what did you pick? ☺️
Michelle: Maryse Did I miss your Amazon March First Reads post for March?
Maryse: YOU DID!! Because I forgot!!! LOL!! Thank you for reminding me. I’m going to post it on this week’s Friday Finds. Now… off to see what I want to choose. 😉
Maryse: …and wouldn’t you know it? I chose Wall of Silence too. LOL!! Tasha J, you truly are my book-twin.
And on that note, which one did you guys choose?
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- Dope Sick Love by by Hailey Weast-Hashbarger <— LIVE!! BLURB JOLT!! MARITAL STRIFE ALERT!! They’ve been blissfully married for ten years and then she discovers a secret… “...Their marriage is one other couples either envy or aspire towards. Life can’t get any better, but it can get worse. Insurmountably worse. Hazel’s world is splintered when she finds out Bridger’s demons swirl in a small, glass pipe. They fill his lungs and his mind with empty promises of escape and happiness. Truths are revealed and secret lives are brought to the surface as Hazel finds herself in the fight for Bridger’s life. She has to quickly learn to navigate life with a man she doesn’t recognize anymore…” P.S. Make sure to checkout this post & giveaway (she’s today’s newsletter sponsor) ➔ Hailey Weast-Hashbarger’s “Dope Sick Love” is live, and she’s sent over a Five Fun Facts and giving away two copies!
- Reese (Pack of Misfits Book 2) by Raven Kennedy <— Tessa 5-STARRED it!
Tessa: I finished Reese by Raven Kennedy. The book was pure 5star CUTE! OMG, being in her headspace was just the best. Anyone wants a good book, the pack of misfit series is totally it. The first one is about a goose shifter and is RH. Reese is a pack-rat shifter and the way her head works just makes me smile.
Jan: I’ve enjoyed a few shifter books. Haven’t come across a GOOSE shifter before! LOL. And pack rats. *shakes head*
Tessa: That’s the basis of the series. People who are kicked out of their pack, or are prey and are unwanted. It is so great. 😀
- Kiss the Stars by A.L. Jackson <— LIVE!!! A.L. JACKSON’S LATEST!!! THE SINGLE MOTHER & THE ROCK STAR ALERT!! YES PLEASE!!!! “...A single mother. An up-and-coming drummer with a sordid past. Their paths never should have crossed. But when a senseless crime rocks Mia West’s entire world, she agrees to spend the summer hiding out at her rock-star brother’s mansion in Savannah until the storm blows over. What she never expected was the gorgeous, brooding drummer living in the guest house…”
- Slayer (Shadowborn Rebellion Book 1) by Cyndi Friberg <— LIVE!!!!
- The Sinful King: (a naughty royals novel) by Claire Contreras <— LIVE!!! CLAIRE CONTRERAS ALERT & TOTAL BLURB JOLT!! HE’S BEEN NOTORIOUS FOR YEARS IN HER SMALL TOWN & SHE’S BEEN TOLD NOT TO TALK TO HIM…“…Like all the summers I’d been gone, Prince Elias is back, but this time with an incognito security detail and no friends. This time, there is no partying, no noise, no crowds. No reason at all to even think he was there. I’m given strict orders not to talk to him, not to even look in his direction, but he makes this an impossible task. I may be doing everything in my power to stay away from him, but there is no one in the world who can say no to the future King of France…”
- The Collectors: The Complete Series by Autumn Reed <— SERIES BUNDLE ALERT!! “…For years, I’ve been hiding in plain sight, pretending to be an average young woman by running my mother’s antique shop and dating cute, ordinary guys. But an accidental vision of the past has set events in motion that expose my secret—I’m anything but normal. I see memories through touch, and my abilities make me a target…”
- Cold Hearted: A BWWM Military Dark Romance by Nicole Houston <— LIVE!!!!
- Under (Pirate Cove Academy Book 1) by Rae Foxx <— LIVE!!!! THE MERMAID & THE PIRATE GOD!!
- Hurt to Love by Nikki J Summers <— LIVE!!!!
- Acting Out of Love: Steel Brothers Celebrity Romance Book 1 by Emily Evermore <— LIVE!!!!
- My Perfect Wife: An absolutely unputdownable domestic suspense novel by Clare Boyd <— LIVE!!! MARITAL STRIFE/PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! WHAT A BLURB JOLT!!! “...I finally have everything I ever wanted. A home with floor-to-ceiling windows, a devoted husband who dazzles everyone he meets, and two angelic children I adore. But as I watch my husband chatting with the girl next door, I wonder if anyone can see the sadness in my pretty pink smile, or hear the scream behind my straight white teeth? I know I’m crazy to think there’s a hint of desire in his eyes. I know it’s madness to see a flicker of fear in hers. I know all this, because I’ve been wrong before. And if I’m wrong again, he’ll try to take my children away…”
- Dear Ava: Enemies-to-Lovers Standalone Romance by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— SUPER-ANGSTY & HUGE LOVE for this one! I keep hearing how awesome it is and Tessa loved it too!
Tessa: Dear Ava was so good. It kept me going and absolutely loving every moment, and just so many times wanting to hug the main character. It had that much angst.
- Rough Road (Screaming Demons MC Book 6) by Summer Cooper and Sienna Chance <— LIVE!!!!
- The Forbidden Tide: A Romantic Suspense Novel (Tide Series #2) by T.M. Bashford <— LIVE!!!!
- Runaway Road by Devney Perry <— LIVE!!! DEVNEY PERRY ALERT!! She’s been homeless as a teen and she’s running away again as an adult… “…She’s driving across the country in her convertible. As a teenager, the rusty car was her shelter. As an adult, it’s her ride to freedom. Except one flat tire derails her trip. Her life collides with Brooks Cohen. They walked away from the first crash. The second might destroy them both…”
- Fearless (Steel Demons MC Book 3) by Crystal Ash <— LIVE!!!!
- Wicked Games: MC Romance (Bayou Devils MC Book 8) by A.M. Myers <— LIVE!!!!
- Fire King (The Crystal Kingdom Book 4) by Milly Taiden <— LIVE!!!!
- Redeem Me: A Reverse Harem Vampire Romance (The Last Vocari Book 3) by Elena Lawson <— LIVE!!!!
- Angry God by L.J. Shen <— MORE FEEDBACK!! HUGE LOVE FOR THIS ONE! Tessa loved it, too!
Tessa: Speaking of Angst… Angry God up there! *gasps* I can’t even put into words how good that was. Just so much of the dread with Vicious’s story, but in a totally different way.
Vicious as a dad is amazing. He’s all, “you hurt my son I will torture and kill you, and no one will find the body” type of dad. lol I expected nothing less.
- Alaska Wild by Helena Newberry <— Nancy recommended it and now Colleen LOVED it, too (including other books by the author!!)
Colleen: …I spent the weekend going down the Helena Newberry rabbit hole after those Alaska Wild recommendations on Friday (thank you to those who recommended it!). I finished Alaska Wild plus two more of her books and I loved them all. Her fast-pace suspense/romance combo is a welcome change from other stuff that I’ve been reading lately.
- Sweet Pea (Burning Saints MC Book 4) by Jack Davenport <— LIVE!!!
- Like a Virgin: BWWM First Time Romance Bundle by Asha King <— LIVE!!!
- To Catch A Bandit: A Reverse Harem Shifter Romance (This is Bandit Territory Book 1) by Emma Dean <— Tessa loved this one!!
Tessa: So… I already finished To Catch a Bandit by Emma Dean. She’s become an auto one-click for me. Loved it. Such a great start for a new set of characters set in her world.
All her paranormals are set in the same world. Not all have interaction with each other, but the world is still the same and the events from prior books do impact the books, even if the characters never know each other. This one, though, the characters do know the fox series group, as they stole an item from them. lol
- Hide Away (A Rachel Marin Thriller Book 1) by Jason Pinter <— SINGLE MOM-VIGILANTE THRILLER ALERT!! Recently released and I missed it!! “...On the surface, Rachel Marin is an ordinary single mother; on the inside, she’s a fierce, brilliant vigilante. After an unspeakable crime shatters her life, she changes her identity and moves to a small town in Illinois, hoping to spare her children from further trauma…or worse. But crime follows her everywhere...”
- Fool Me Once by
- Beautiful Liar (The Reed Rivers Trilogy Book 2) by Lauren Rowe <— LIVE!!! BEAUTIFUL LIAR is the second book of the standalone REED RIVERS TRILOGY. The full trilogy is BAD LIAR, BEAUTIFUL LIAR, and BELOVED LIAR, to be read in order.
- The Billionaire Quiz: A Choose Your Own Billionaire Adventure by Blair Babylon <— LIVE!!! THIS SOUNDS LIKE FUN!! “…Take The Billionaire Quiz, a new book concept from Blair Babylon, with over 1000 pages of book boyfriends just for you! Inside, you’ll answer a few fun multiple-choice questions (How do you like it? How many ways do you like it? Just how naughty are you?), and the quiz will match you to your very own billionaire book boyfriend and a book about him, just for you! And then, when you’re in a different mood, take the quiz again because life’s too short for just one billionaire book boyfriend…”
- A Dog’s Hope: An unputdownable, heartwarming and emotional page turner by Casey Wilson <— LIVE!!!
- Falling for Dr. Kelly: A Falling novel by DL Gallie <— LIVE!!! THEY ARE OPPOSITES… “…They say opposites attract and Avery Evans and Doctor Flynn Kelly are polar opposites in every way. Avery is quiet, reserved, and ohh so shy. There’s something about the gorgeous schoolteacher Flynn can’t stay away from. Flynn is flirtatious, headstrong, and confident, but underneath his outgoing exterior, he’s incredibly sweet and charming. He brings out a side of Avery she never knew existed…”
Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- You by Caroline Kepnes <— NAY LOVED ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!
Nay: I haven’t posted lately about the audio books I’ve enjoyed, so I have to mention that I finally listened to “You” by Caroline Kepnes, and I highly recommend it! The narrator was super creepy and fit the part perfectly.
I’ve started watching the Netflix series, and it’s good, but SO much is left out that I have to wonder how it makes complete sense to anyone who hasn’t read the book. I feel like it skips from one pertinent point to the next and leaves out some of the in between stuff that also seems important.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Thunder (Capital City MMA Book 1) by Susan Fanetti – March 7th 2020
Jan: The new Susan Fanetti, Thunder, comes out in a couple of days. New series – MMA fighters 😀 Could be good 😀
- Down and Dirty (Hot Jocks Book 5) by Kendall Ryan – March 9th 2020
- The Raven and the Dove by Kaitlyn Davis – March 9th 2020
- The Mirror & the Light by Hilary Mantel – March 9th 2020
- Where the Stars Fall by Ana Simons – March 9th 2020
- Damn Wright (The Wrights Book 2) by Skye Jordan – March 9th 2020
- The Rich Boy by Kylie Scott – March 9th 2020
- Love Hard (Hard Play Book 3) by Nalini Singh – March 10th 2020
- A Good Neighborhood: A Novel by Therese Anne Fowler – March 10th 2020
- The Deep by Alma Katsu – March 10th 2020
- Creole Kingpin (Magnolia Duet Book 1) by Meghan March – March 10th 2020
- Smoke Bitten (A Mercy Thompson Novel Book 12) by Patricia Briggs – March 10th 2020
- Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend: A Novel by Jenny Colgan – March 10th 2020
- The Queen’s Bargain (Black Jewels Book 10) by Anne Bishop – March 10th 2020
- My Dark Vanessa: A Novel by Kate Elizabeth Russell – March 10th 2020
- Enticing Liam (Big Sky Royals Book 2) by Kristen Proby – March 10th 2020
- Maybe Swearing Will Help (SWAT Generation 2.0 Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale – March 10th 2020
- In Fury Lies Mischief (Midnight Mayhem: Book II) by Emo Jones – March 10th 2020
- The Deep by Alma Katsu – March 10th 2020
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle – March 10th 2020
- Absolving Blue (Police and Fire: Operation Alpha) (On Call Book 4) by Freya Barker – March 10th 2020
- The Truths We Told (Secrets and Truths Duet Book 2) by E.K. Blair – March 12th 2020
- The Trade by Meghan Quinn – March 12th 2020
- Reborn Yesterday by Tessa Bailey – March 16th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).