Today’s Friday Finds list is LOADED in recommendations!!! I love when that happens, ’cause that means they are tried and true. Plus of course, plenty of books that just went live in the last 24 hours, including that one to the left that sounds SO good!!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out:
- The Poet by Lisa Renee Jones is LIVE and she’s sent us an excerpt + we’re have a $25 gift card giveaway! <— TODAY’S NEWSLETTER SPONSOR!
- Book Review – Arrogant Officer by Lauren Runow & Jeannine Colette <— MY LATEST REVIEW!!!
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM OUR BOOK PAST 😀 !!
- 1 year ago today, we needed to escape (I wonder why? 😉 ) Reader Recommendations – Our favorite books to “escape reality”…
- 3 years ago, I read another Tessa Bailey cop romance (I love her books!!!) Book Review – Indecent Exposure by Tessa Bailey
- 4 years ago, these were Stacy’s favorites! Reader Favorites – Stacey’s Favorite Audiobooks
- 5 years ago, Jan chose these! Reader Favorites – Jan’s 10 Books That Stayed With Her…
- 7 years ago, I 4.5 STAR LOVED yet another Colleen Hoover book! Book Review – Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
- 8 years ago, this angsty romance made me LOSE IT!!! Gutted. I 5-star LOVED it!! Book Review – The Dark Prince by S.L. Jennings
- 9 years ago, I 5 STAR LOVED this wartime historical (she was in love with her sister’s man…) Book Review – The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- To Have and to Hate by R.S. Grey <— LIVE!! R.S. GREY’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE ALERT!! And this one sounds like SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!! “…Marry a man I barely know to save my family from ruin. It might’ve been simple, if my betrothed were anybody else. On our wedding day, my husband-to-be arrived at the courthouse like a black cloud rolling over Manhattan. Walt didn’t crack smiles or pepper in pleasantries as we exchanged hollow vows in front of the judge. His disdain for me was so palpable I assumed we’d walk out of that ceremony and resume our regularly scheduled programming. But then fate was like, Hold my beer. I got this...”
- The Truth about Regret by Catherine White <— LIVE!!!
- Like You Should: A Student Teacher Romance (Devilbend Dynasty Book 3) by Kaydence Snow <— LIVE!!!
- Smoke and Mirrors (The Mirrors Series Book 1) by Norma Marie <— LIVE!!!
- Fate’s Demand by Aleatha Romig <— LIVE!! ALEATHA ROMIG DARK ROMANCE ALERT!! “…As Emma waits for a business meeting, those ingredients are there, in the heavy air and circulating through her bloodstream. Until everything changes. Everett Ramses is tall, dark, and mysterious. He’s more than that. According to him…he is Emma’s fate. And he has a demand…“
- Screwed: A Driven World Novel (The Driven World) by Eva LeNoir <— LIVE!!!
- Fighter’s Best Friend: A Friends to Lovers Sports Romance (Crown MMA Romance) by A. Rivers <— LIVE!!!
- Edge of the Wild (book #2) by Lauren Gilley <— LIVE!!! LAUREN GILLEY’S LATEST!!! FANTASY ROMANCE!! “…Lady Tessa Drake traveled North with her cousin Oliver as escort with the intention of wedding King Erik. But it was Oliver who captured Erik’s heart, and Tessa was instead offered the hand of Erik’s elder nephew, the handsome and kind-hearted Prince Leif. But with Leif away at the festival, and Tessa left behind at Aeres, she finds herself growing closer and closer to Leif’s younger brother, Rune…”
- The Muse (Beautiful Magic Book 1) by Lauren Blakely <— LIVE!!! LAUREN BLAKELY’S LATEST!!! FORBIDDEN LOVE!! SHE’S TRAPPED IN A PAINTING WHERE HE WORKS!! “…The first time a woman stepped out of a painting, I thought I was seeing things. The second time, I thought I was going mad. The night she emerged from a Renoir, I felt something else entirely — a deep stirring of desire, and the wish to get to know the brilliant beauty who’s been trapped inside a painted garden for years. She can only come out at night in the Musée d’Orsay, where I work. There, after hours, we wander through galleries, with the Van Goghs, the Monets, and the Toulouse Lautrecs the only witnesses to our midnight kisses and, soon, our trysts. She opens her heart to me, and I learn her story...”
- Second Chance Valentine by Annie J. Rose <— LIVE!! SECRET BABY ALERT! HE ONCE BROKE HER HEART!! “...Now, seven years later, he’s back in our small town and there’s no way to avoid him. Especially not when I bring a very special patient to the local ER where he’s doing his residency. The intake woman asks for her father’s name. I tell here there is no father, but one look at Travis, and I know he knows...”
- Stripped Bare by Heidi McLaughlin <— LIVE!!! HEIDI MCLAUGHLIN ALERT!! STRIPPER SEES THE ONE GUY THAT ONCE BROKE HER HEART!! “…Macey came to Vegas for one reason only: money. She’s got a young daughter to support, and the tips really are bigger in Vegas. But when she blows her earnings on blackjack, her guardian angel is the rich boy who once stole her heart and never called her back. Although Macey would love to turn the tables on Finn, she can’t afford to refuse his proposition…”
- Made For Loving You (Rescue My Heart Book 3) by Kait Nolan <— LIVE!!!
- Fear The Reapers: A Dark Mafia Romance (The Reapers of Caspian Hills Book 1) by Jessa Halliwell <— LIVE!!!
- The One by John Marrs <— ARE YOU LOVING THIS SERIES ON NETFLIX?? Here’s my review of the book from a few years ago… and I LOVED it and still remember everything about it. *oooooomph!!!*
Tasha J: Currently watching The One on Netflix. I knew it sounded familiar. Just re-read your review, Maryse. It’s really good so far, now I wish I’d have read it!
Maryse: I LOVED THAT BOOK!! Unforgettable! I don’t remember what I gave it in stars, so I’ll have to pull it up, but OH YES. I may need to increase the star rating, now that I realize how much I still remember of it.
Paula: This looked intriguing – thanks for the book review post!
Maryse: My pleasure Paula!!! It had me HOOKED!
Angela: Do I read the book or watch the series ?
Maryse: I haven’t watched the series at all yet, but I’d definitely read the book. I heard the series takes a few liberties in the story line that don’t match the book.
Lily: I read this last year…Starting the series soon!
Maryse: Let me know what you think!! I think I’ll start it too, actually.
Kayla: This show was freaking EPIC. It literally gave me nightmares in the best way!
Maryse: GASP!!!! I know the book didn’t give me nightmares, but I sure love the sound of the show. EEEEEEP!
- Mafia Bride (The DiLustro Arrangement Book 1) by CD Reiss <— LIVE!! MAFIA ROMANCE AGE GAP ALERT!! ALINA LOVES this author!!! “Some girls dream of marrying a prince, but I never imagined I’d be sold to a king. Santino DiLustro. The king. The monster. The keeper of secrets. When he forced me to marry him, I cried for love I’d never know. When he locked me away, I cried for the freedom I lost forever. Every other tear I’ve shed is for my soul, because I’m falling for the devil himself.”
Alina: C.D. Reiss’ Forbidden series have always been one of my all-time favorite, and now she has a new release called Mafia Bride, so I thought it’s worth mentioning. It’s also an age-gap, which always earns an extra star from me.
Maryse: OMG Alina I don’t know how I missed that one!!! Thank you so much for letting me know. I’m adding it to tomorrow’s Friday Finds post. 😀
Alina: Nice, just started it myself, Santino looks like a real piece of work, but in a way kind to his girl, which is the dream 🙂
- Fallen by Mia Sheridan <— PSYCH-THRILLER & OMG TOTAL BLURB JOLT! Thank you Linda!!
Linda: Has anyone else read Fallen by Mia Sheridan? Kept me completely hooked and guessing from 1st page!! Loved it!!
Maryse: Oh WOW Linda that book sounds like it’s TOTALLY MY THING!!!!! Thank you for letting me know you loved it. YAY ME!!! 😀
- Distorted (Alabaster Penitentiary Book 1) by Nyla K <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!! “…I’m just a lowly bank robber. I don’t belong here, surrounded by psychopaths and killers with no remorse… At least, I don’t think I do. Getting by unscathed is my top priority. Unfortunately for me and my fellow prisoners, those in charge are more dangerous than we are. You see, the guards run the show, and I seem to have caught the attention of the most twisted one…“
- Pretty Wild (Boys in Makeup Book 3) by Christina Lee and Riley Hart <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Dreads & Crew Cuts (Takoda Outreach Center Book 4) by Sammi Cee <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- Sugar Daddy: A Dark M/M Age-Gap Romance (Dark Love) by Xan Collins <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- The Brit by Jodi Ellen Malpas <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE DENISE LOVED IT!
Denise: it’s amazing.. I read it in one sitting yesterday
- Hell Theory series by Lauren Gilley <— MONY IS LOVING THESE!!!
Mony: Just finished first 2 books of Lauren Gilley’s Hell Theory series books, King Among the Dead & Night in a Waste Land. Unique for sure. Am loving them! Supernatural/horror/erotica.
Beck is an anti-hero, both kind and evil, while Rose begins as a shy h but then things start to happen. mowhaha. Powerful books.
Maryse: YAY!!!! We definitely have some Lauren Gilley fans here. 😀
- The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty <— I READ & LOVED THIS ONE & IT’S ON SALE!! Here’s my 5-STAR review.
Claudia: Yess!! 5 stars for me too! This author is so good, I just finished reading “What Alice Forgot”, amazing!
- The Lewis Cousins: Books 1 – 5 by Bethany Lopez <— BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!! “…The Lewis Cousins is a box set of the small town romance series by Bethany Lopez. With five books, including: Too Tempting, Too Complicated, Too Distracting, Too Enchanting and Too Dangerous. Follow the Lewis cousins of Cherry Springs, the kind of place where there are festivals for every occasion and everyone knows your business, as they learn about love and loss…”
- BREAKER: A Brother’s Best Friend Standalone Romance by Harloe Rae <— NANCY FOUND US THIS SUPER-BARGAIN!!! “…I went four years without seeing Grady—each one more painful than the last. That distance did nothing to dull my feelings toward him. But things are different now. Most noticeably is Grady. I barely recognize this man he’s become. And that’s the way he intends to keep it. Not that it really matters. Grady Bowen stopped being my happy something long ago.” Here’s a snippet from her 5 STAR review:
Nancy: …I can say that Grady & Sutton are one of the “Best Couples” ever! Plus, this is one of the “Best Love Stories” for the pages!
…so much angst, grief, and heartache stand in their pathway. There is plain evil trying to tear them apart. Sutten proves to be one of the most devoted woman characters I’ve ever met in a book. She does the impossible when things are looking dim…
- Love is Never Lost: (inspired by “Rip Van Winkle”) (A Modern Fairytale) by Katy Regnery <— BACK ON THE LIST ’cause Michele G LOVED IT TOO!
Michele G: I have to second how wonderful Katy Regnery’s new one is! Love Is Never Lost was such a great read! I always enjoy her books…but the Rip Van Winkle storyline was awesome…I loved how she made it into her own story!!
- Cash: A Dark Romance (Saint and Sinners Book 2) by Ruby Vincent <— LIVE!!!
- Love is a Dance Step (Rockstars Anonymous) by Michelle MacQueen <— LIVE!!!
- Mad About Ewe (Common Threads Book 1) by Susannah Nix <— LIVE!! SILVER FOX ONCE REJECTED HER… “…Dawn Botstein is doing just fine after her divorce, thank you very much. She’s got her yarn store to run, her house to herself for the first time in her life, and no use for men anymore. That is until the hottie silver fox who walks into her store turns out to be her old high school crush—the guy who rejected her 30 years ago. No way is she going to lose her head over him this time...”
- Give Love a Chai (Common Threads Book 2) by Nanxi Wen <— LIVE!!
- Comeback Route: The Originals (Seattle Steelheads Book 6) by Jami Davenport <— LIVE!!
- She’s Still The One: A Brother’s Best Friend, Rockstar Romance by Kaci Rose <— LIVE!!
- Wild Sign (Alpha and Omega Book 6) by Patricia Briggs <— BACK ON THE LIST ’cause it’s a MUCH LOVED SERIES & JAN IS LOVING the latest release!!!
Jan: I’ve started Wild Sign and I’m HOOKED! Can’t stop reading. It’s really gripping and also a bit scary and spooky. I think it’s best if you read at least some of the other books first for maximum enjoyment though, cos there are references to characters from the past. But it’s GOOD!
Mony: That’s good to hear! I have a ways to go for Wild Sign. I just finished the prequel and Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega #1), and really enjoyed reading them. I particularly enjoyed Bran in Cry Wolf…thought he was a standout character. On to Hunting Ground (book #2) soon-ish!
- The Legacy of a Vampire Witch: The Complete Urban Fantasy Boxset by Theophilus Monroe <— SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!! “5 books and 1200+ pages of vampires, witches, and New Orleans Voodoo fill this complete urban fantasy boxset. Because you can’t stake a heartless vampire… “
- Betrayed (Covington Security Book 1) by Dr. Rebecca Sharp <— LIVE!!
- High Voltage: An Enemies To Lovers by L.A Hudson <— LIVE!!
- Her Best Friend Romance Collection by Cami Checketts <— BOOK BUNDLE ALERT!!
- Faithful: Age Gap Small Town Romance (Whiskey Run Book 1) by Hope Ford <— LIVE!!
- You by Caroline Kepnes <— ONE OF MY FAV STALKER PSYCH-THRILLERS and it’s super-bargain priced today!! A MUST READ!!! P.S. Here’s my book review.
Jenn: You by Caroline Kepnes definitely gave me the chills, Joe is crazy scary but I found myself liking him so much and that scared me! 🙂
Patty: Favorite read…it has to be You by Caroline Kepnes! It has everything I haven’t read before and somehow you become a fan of the creepy stalking Joe Goldberg lol.
- Not My Romeo (The Game Changers Book 1) by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!! FAMOUS FOOTBALL STAR! “…The next day I learn he’s Jack Hawke—bad-boy professional quarterback with a murky past. The NDA he has me sign should be a warning that he isn’t a regular person. Please. I sign it Juliet Capulet, so goodbye, famous football player with abs of steel, and good luck tracking down this small-town librarian. But Jack keeps showing up in places I least expect him…”
Summer: Read this one it was good
Heidi: Very good one!
April: This book is absolute perfection!
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Push by Ashley Audrain <— PSYCH-THRILLER CREEPY CHILD ALERT!! Michele G LOVED IT!
Michele G: …favorites I read recently – – The Push by Ashley Audrain….Oh.My.God….this book can’t even be described. Let’s just say “buckle up”!
(Also, I did the audio for this and it was great!!!)
- On the Ropes Series by Aly Martinez <— ALY MARTINEZ ALERT!!! She says:
On the Ropes Series is now available in audio!!
Get all three books–over 25 hours of audio–for only one credit!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Arrogant Officer by Lauren Runow & Jeannine Colette – March 21st 2021 <— P.S. Here’s my Book Review 😀
- Dark Alpha’s Obsession: A Reaper Novel by Donna Grant – March 22nd 2021
- Wild Rebel (Dirty Wild Book 1) by Laurelin Paige – March 23rd 2021
- Autumn Night Whiskey (Tequila Rose Book 2) by Willow Winters – March 23rd 2021
- One More Time by Aurora Rose Reynolds – March 23rd 2021
- Family Skeletons: A Paranormal Military Romance by Josie Malone – March 23rd 2021
- Eternal by Lisa Scottoline – March 23rd 2021
- The Last One Home by Victoria Helen Stone – March 23rd 2021
- Every Vow You Break: A Novel by Peter Swanson – March 23rd 2021
- The Last Writer: A Domestic Thriller by Adriane Leigh – March 23rd 2021
- The Evolution of Fae and Gods (Chronicles of the Stone Veil Book 3) by Sawyer Bennett – March 23rd 2021
- The Winter Before by Karen Crompton – March 25th 2021
- Shift of Morals: An MM Shifter Romance (Kingdom of Wolves Book 5) by K Webster – March 26th 2021
- Montana Mavericks: a hot cowboy collection by Rebecca Zanetti – March 30th 2021
- No Way Out by Fern Michaels – March 30th 2021
- The Three Mrs. Greys by Shelly Ellis – March 30th 2021
- Rule of Wolves (King of Scars Duology Book 2) by Leigh Bardugo – March 30th 2021
- Wilde Child: Wildes of Lindow Castle by Eloisa James – March 30th 2021
- The Rebel by Kendall Ryan – March 30th 2021
- Watch Me Burn (Elements of the Heart Book 2) by C.E. Johnson – March 30th 2021
- Hard to Lose (The Play Hard Series Book 4) by K. Bromberg – March 30th 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!