Happy Friday!!! It’s time for another reading weekend and I have a bunch of reader recommendations for us to indulge in!!
And… one on this list, a few of us are actually buddy-reading right now. 😀
P.S. Congratulations to a few of our favorite authors for becoming RITA award nominees!! Ginger Scott for her book “Cry Baby” and Kennedy Ryan for her book “Long Shot: A HOOPS Novel“, Katy Regnery for her book Catching Irish, J.A. Huss for her book Total Exposure and Tiffany Reisz for her book Picture Perfect Cowboy (The Original Sinners).
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
- A Lesson in Thorns (Thornchapel Book 1) by Sierra Simone <— LIVE!! SIERRA SIMONE ALERT!! Oh this just sounds dirty and scandalous and all sorts of forbiddeny fun!! The librarian gets a job in an old house… “…As Poe begins uncovering the house’s secrets, both new and old, she’s also pulled into the seductive, elegant world of Auden and his friends–and drawn to Auden’s worst enemy, the beautiful and brooding St. Sebastian. And as Thornchapel slowly tightens its coil of truths and lies around them, Poe, Auden and St. Sebastian start unravelling into filthy, holy pleasure and pain. Together, they awaken a fate that will either anoint them or leave them in ashes...”
Kelsie: Oh I love this author!!
- Hidden Miles (The Miles Family Book 4) by Claire Kingsley <— LIVE!!
- Lust in Translation (Harbour Point SEAL Series Book 1) by Rachel Robinson <— THE LATEST BY RACHEL ROBINSON IS LIVE!! NAVY SEAL ALERT!! She’s supposed to be teaching him different languages… “…I don’t expect to rekindle a friendship with a wildly cocky, always humorous, and sometimes demanding Navy SEAL. I’m supposed to teach him foreign languages. The job is supposed to give me purpose. Quickly my friend ensnares me with more than just his wit and bad pronunciation. He traps me with salvation...”
- What She Doesn’t Know: A Psychological Thriller by Andrew E. Kaufman <— PSYCH-THRILLER SUPER-BARGAIN!! SHE BECOMES FIXATED ON HER NEW NEIGHBOR... oooooh creeeeeepy!!! “…Riley was the suspect in a murder investigation that destroyed her life and drove her into a psychiatric facility. Locked away for years, she was always guilty in the eyes of an unforgiving public. Now, after being released, all she wants is a fresh start, but the effort stalls when she becomes fixated on her new neighbor’s extravagant life. She can’t stop watching Samantha Light…”
- Jean’s been reading and has THESE recommendations for us:
Jean: Read some good books over the past few months, such as
My Oxford Year: A Novel (Maryse’s 5-Star list….LOVED IT!), and
The Idea of You: A Novel (my heart is still hurting from this one….the story has really stuck with me!! I’m still thinking about Solene and Hayes….sigh…..). Oh and
MVP by Rachel Van Dyken…..it’s a short book, but TOTALLY ROCKED MY WORLD!!
Also, just finished The Work Wife: A Romantic Comedy….really good!!
- The Surviving Trace (Surviving Time Series Book 1) by Calia Read <— TIME TRAVEL ALERT!!! AND… SO MUCH LOVE for this series so far. I LOVE the premise – she has a fiancé, but sees an old photo and is kicked back in time… to a past where she has a moody husband and just wants to come back to today… look at these reviews!!
Nicole A: I have to say I’ve been sleeping rather poorly since you posted about Calia Reeds Surviving Time Trilogy, I AM OBSESSED!! It’s so good!! I blew through book one and I’m about halfway through book two. Great recommendation!
Ashley: This series is soooo amazing!!!! I devoured the first two books and I’ve been anxiously awaiting the third. I reread the first one recently in anticipation.
Michele S: … runs and downloads Surving Time… herhee… love that trope!
Amy: I have to agree about the Surviving Time premise. Click!
- Bitter Rival: an enemies to lovers romance by J. Sterling <— J. Sterling’s LATEST IS LIVE!!! SHE HATES HIM!! Sorta… 😉 “…Our families have been at war for generations; a bitter rivalry with no end in sight. All I’ve ever wanted to do was make wine, but one night with James will cost me everything. I shouldn’t be attracted to him… but I am…“
- Hissy Fit (The Southern Gentleman Series Book 1) by Lani Lynn Vale <— RECENT RELEASE & Lisa M LOVED IT!!! LAUGHED OUT LOUD!!
Lisa M: Good morning!!! Just finished Hissy Fit, cracked me up. Love it when a book makes you laugh out loud!! Now looking for my next read time to get clicking!! Happy Friday!!!!
- Home To Green Valley Boxed Set: Books 1-3, O’Neill Brothers by Virna DePaul <— BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN!! “Take a journey through California wine country as five Irish brothers explore family secrets and end up falling in love. This boxed set collection includes three full novels—What Love Can Do, The Way Love Goes, and I’m Gonna Love You—each with a sexy and deeply moving romance inside...”
- Broken Wings: A Dark High School Romance (Dark Legacy Book 1) by Jaymin Eve & Tate James <— RECENTLY RELEASED BULLY BOOK & now we have feedback!! Shara 5-STARRED it!!
Shara: Just finished broken wings. Loved it! 5 star for me. However it ends in a cliff hanger and I cannot wait till the next book which doesn’t look like it’s scheduled to be released till June. Bummer!
Jackie: I looooved Broken Wings. Never thought I would find a book similar to Paper Princess by Erin Watt or the Silver Swan by Amo Jones ever again. But here it is. It has similar features (four protective guys, elite in a school, bullying etc.) but the story line itself is completely different.
The level of angst was beyond scale. I adored everything about this book. Riley was hilarious and Beck is definitely my new book crush. Also.. mother of all cliffhangers. Couldn’t put it down and I now have a book hangover. I don’t know how I’m supposed to wait until June for the next book..
- Duke of Manhattan by Louis Bay <— Ninik 5-STARRED this one!
Ninik: U guys should read “duke of manhattan” by louise bay…. i rarely give 5 star of rating. But this time i had to give in for this book
- ABOUT HER by Kimberly Adams <— PSYCH-THRILLER RECENT RELEASE THAT I AM READING & LOVING!!! In fact, we’re having an impromptu buddy read. 😉 And… so far the feel, and awesomeness of the writing? I’m feeeeeeeliiiiinggg…. Jezebel. NOT in storyline (not at all) though I’m only a quarter into it and I’m hooked. Her voice, her interpersonal connections. It’s THAT feel. And oh yes… something… is… up. I have NO clue where I’m going (but by that blurb I know it will be CRAZY). SQUEEEEE!! YAY ME!!! 😀 P.S. The author warns: “This is a story unlike my others, so please be aware of the genre switch. Psychological Thriller / Horror / TRIGGER WARNINGS: Abuse, Domestic Violence“
Claire: this sounds good!
Rachel: already on my kindle
Maryse: I’m starting it RIGHT NOW!!! :
Claire: I am in a book funk! I might start it too
Rachel: ok I’ll make 3!!
- Beautiful Survivors (Five Forgotten Souls Book 1) by C.M. Stunich <— Ashley IS LOVING IT!!
Ashley: Hey Maryse! I’m about halfway through Beautiful Survivors by CM Stunich. It’s a new author for me and it’s the first book in a series. I’m loving it so much! I didn’t see it anywhere on your blog so I wanted to send you an email to let you know about it!
- 99 Percent Mine: A Novel by Sally Thorne <— GASP!!! LOOK WHAT JUST WENT ON SALE!! Tasha J loved it and one “sugar-scene” had her laughing so hard!!!
- All Stars Fall: A Seaside Pictures/Big Sky Novella (Kristen Proby Crossover Collection Book 6) by Rachel Van Dyken <— RECENT RACHEL VAN DYKEN RELEASE & JulieO loved it!
JulieO: I loved ALL STARS FALL. Cute kids. Hot single dad. Help you decide?
Lisa M: I loved All Stars Fall too!! JulieO I’m doing the same thing as Maryse put it backtracking!!
- I Was Born Ruined: A Reverse Harem Motorcycle Club Romance (Death By Daybreak Motorcycle Club Book 1) by C.M. Stunich <— C.M. STUNICH’S LATEST IS LIVE!! REVERSE HAREM ALERT!! They share her… “…I’m the princess to a dirty throne of motorcycles and madness, daughter of the president of the Death by Daybreak Motorcycle Club. My father’s four closest officers—men dressed in blood and death and sin—they’re my honor guard, cloaked in leather vests and tattoos. Only, there’s nothing honorable about them at all...”
Ashley: Ahhhh! Ok how have I not heard of this author??? I’m in the middle of another one of her books and loving it! Yay for a new (to me) author!
- Collide (a Collision novella) by L.B. Dunbar <— L.B. DUNBAR’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! “...Daughter of a famous female rock star, it’s difficult to decide who to trust, who to believe in, so when Ivy finds herself in a predicament, it’s hard to determine Gage Everly’s motive. He couldn’t possibly love her, including her secret...”
Advice From A Jilted Bride (The Baileys Book 2) by Piper Rayne <— LIVE!!! He’s her hot new neighbor… and he’s also her boss. GASP!! What to do after heartbreak:“Advice #1 – First, purge your apartment of all things him—by tossing his belongings off the balcony.Advice #2 – Do not, I repeat do not, throw anything out into the hallway because you’ll injure your hot new neighbor.Advice #3 – When said neighbor brings over Chinese Food do not let him stay and keep you company. It’s awkward when you realize he’s your boss…”
- Sin & Salvation (Demigods of San Francisco Book 3) by K.F. Breene <— LIVE!!! And Christine is excited!
Christine: Happy dance! Sin & Salvation (Demigods of San Francisco Book 3) comes out tomorrow! I’m really loving this series and it’s on KU! I am definitely a new fan of K.F. Breene!!!
- The Five by Lily White <— LILY WHITE’S LATEST IS LIVE!!! Everyone wants her but… “...she is a temptation with far too many secrets. When psychologist, Justin Redding, is assigned to Rainey’s case, he has no way of knowing the tale of debauchery he will encounter...”
Jessica: Omg it’s soooo good!!!
- Upside Down by N.R. Walker <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Personal Best 3 by Sean Michael <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- The Commanders’ Mate (Interstellar Brides® Book 15) by Grace Goodwin <— LIVE!!!
- What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon <— AMY HARMON’S RECENT RELEASE and we have feedback!!
MichelleS: I did finish What the Wind Knows by Amy Harmon and LOVED IT. It had that Outlander feel, except only ONE BOOK. Woohoo.
Mona: I loved What the Wind Knows!! I’d read and think, I’ll just finish this chapter, but then get pulled in and have to read another and then another… well, you get the idea. (Also thank you for the Amazon Prime tip on getting this book for free!)
- Fallen Kingdom (Ravenswood Book 2) by Christine Zolendz <— THE LATEST BY CHRISTINE ZOLENDZ IS LIVE!! “…Returning to the ominous and sinister Ravenswood is the last thing Rainey Halerow wants. She can’t sit back while innocent souls suffer at the hands of the evil King Hemlock. Hellbent on doing anything to protect them, Rainey does the unthinkable by making a deal with the devil...”
- The Hardest Route by AS Teague <— JUST WENT LIVE!!! FOOTBALL STAR & HIS ONE-NIGHT STAND HAD A BABY… (and one of my favorite authors LOVED it & recommends it!!)”...Brooke turned out to be an amazing woman and mother. For seven years, we were the MVP’s of co-parenting—and even better friends. That all changed when tragedy struck our makeshift family...”
Aly Martinez: I loved this one!
Mo Mabie: Just bought mine.
Danielle: Loved this book
Jessica: Such an amazing book.
- Slashes in the Snow: A Baum Squad novel by M. Never <— RECENT RELEASE BY M. NEVER!!! HE’S THE PREZ OF an MC and he hates her guts!!! “…Someone is watching me. I can feel it. I wake up in the middle of the night freaked out of my mind, paranoid a stranger is there. My skin prickles every time I leave my house, because I know someone is following me. I’m afraid. Alone. And there’s only one person left to turn to. The stepbrother I never met. The man my stepfather speaks so highly about, but never sees. He’s the president of a notorious motorcycle club, and exactly the kind of person I need to protect me. Little did I know, Ky Parish, freakin’ hates my guts…”
- Close (Ryder Brothers Book 1) by Laurelin Paige <— RE-READ GOOD as per Ashley!
Ashley: I just read Close by Laurelin Paige and loved it! It was light and fun – I’m definitely going to read it again soon!
- Every Which Way (Sloan Brothers Series Book 1) by Calia Read <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!! And Amy (my book-twin!!) recommends it!
Amy: Every Which Way, was great. CR can write a good love triangle. Severine (ha, I still remember her name!) is emotionally tough but not obnoxiously so, and when she gets hurt it is ROUGH and full of feels. I can still vividly recall the coffee shop parking lot scene…it was heartbreaking and yet so satisfying. Hard to imagine those two feelings at the same time, right?
- The Seven Series Boxed Set (Books 1-3) by Dannika Dark <— COMPLETE SERIES BOOK BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! ***BINGEABLE! SERIES COMPLETE*** Three full-length novels (almost 1000 pages) USA TODAY BESTSELLING SERIES. The Seven Series is a Shifter romance about family, second chances, and finding that person who completes you.
Jan: I also really liked the Seven series by Dannika Dark. A shifter series with a really different feel from some others. Well-written. …it’s not all about the pnr – more about the people and their relationships and adventures.
AP: For anyone looking for something different: I was in a post-”the deal” funk too and started reading the seven series by Dannika Dark. It’s paranornal- about shifters actually- but it’s amazing! It has everything we crave- hot men, fiesty women, angst, action (in and out of bed of course!), humor.
The series reminds me of the rock chick series by kristen Ashley… I read the Mageri series first but you don’t need to read them before starting this one. And each book is a different story too so you get your HEA and each book after follows in sequence.
- Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1) by T.A. White <— SCI FI ROMANCE ALERT & Dani loved it!
Dani: Hi Maryse, So I just read this amazing sci fi romance called Rules of Redemption (The Fire bird Chronicles Book 1) by T.A. White. I’ve struggled to find good sci fi romances, so I was thrilled when T.A. White released this book on 3/8. I loved this book, it has the perfect blend of science fiction kick assery and melt in your mouth romance.
AUDIOBOOK L VERS!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Jock Rule by Sara Nay <— Ashley recommends listening to this one for lighthearted fun!
Ashley: I’ve listened to Jock Rule by Sara Ney a bunch of times because it keeps making me laugh and it has that feel good quality to it.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! )
- VIPER (Fallen Angel Book 2) by Brooke Blaine and Ella Frank – March 25th 2019
- Envy (The Elite Seven Book 4) by M.N. Forgy – March 25th 2019
- UNDONE: A CONTEMPORARY MC ROMANCE (CREED Book 3) by JAX HART – March 25th 2019
- Rex (Walkers of Coyote Ridge Book 6) by Nicole Edwards – March 26th 2019
- In a Badger Way (The Honey Badger Chronicles) by Shelley Laurenston – March 26th 2019
- My Little Secret by L.A. Casey – March 26th 2019
- Eli’s Triumph: A Reapers MC Novella by Joanna Wylde – March 26th 2019
- I’ll Be Watching You by Courtney Evan Tate – March 26th 2019
- Sweet Fate (Dirty Sweet Book 2) by Laurelin Paige – March 26th 2019
- Fate Knows Best (Kindred of Arkadia Book 1) by Alanea Alder – March 26th 2019
- Mrs. Martin’s Incomparable Adventure (The Worth Saga) by Courtney Milan – March 26th 2019
- Moonshine & Malice: Moonshine Hollow #2 by Kathleen Brooks – March 26th 2019
- The Creek (A Berry Springs Novel) by Amanda McKinney – March 26th 2019
- The Panty Melter: An Enemies to Lovers/Boss’s Big Brother/Grumpy Fighter Pilot with a Heart of Gold Romance by Lili Valente – March 26th 2019
- Ink by Numbers: A Montgomery Ink: Colorado Springs Bonus Romance by Carrie Ann Ryan – March 26th 2019
- Deep Harbor by Fern Michaels – March 26th 2019
- Fatal Reckoning (The Fatal Series) by Marie Force – March 26th 2019
- Forget Me Not (Catalina Cove) by Brenda Jackson – March 26th 2019
- Stone Cold Heart (Tracers Book 13) by Laura Griffin – March 26th 2019
- Nothing But Trouble (Malibu University Series) by P. Dangelico – March 26th 2019
- Riding Hard (Bennett Boys Ranch Book 2) by Lauren Landish – March 26th 2019
- Snatched by K. Sterling – March 26th 2019
- The Cliff House by RaeAnne Thayne – March 26th 2019
- Guarding Gwen by Cynthia Eden – March 26th 2019
- The Roommate Agreement by Emma Hart – March 26th 2019
- Dangerous Beauty by J.T. Geissinger – March 26th 2019
- Misadventures with My Ex (Misadventures Book 21) by Shayla Black – March 26th 2019
- Bombshell by Jen Frederick – March 27th 2019
- Seducing the Billionaire’s Brother by Marquita Valentine – March 28th 2019
- Restless Wind (Redemption Mountain Historical Western Romance Book 13) by Shirleen Davies – March 28th 2019
- The Hate Vow (Quicksilver Book 1) by Nicole French – March 29th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).