HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!! What does everyone have planned for the weekend, and what are you reading? I had an impromptu mini-emergency last night when I came home form work, my AC had been down. The tech guy was sure it would be the compressor (which meant I’d be out of luck for days while they ordered it – and tons of money) but luckily it was something else entirely and he had the part ready to go. YAY AC IN FLORIDA!!! 😀 *claps with glee*
P.S. Don’t forget to check out:
- Karen Crompton’s The Winter Before is LIVE & we’re having a giveaway! <— RECLUSIVE, SCARRED HERO & SHE’S HIS NEW NEIGHBOR ALERT!! and the author is today’s newsletter sponsor. 😀
- Book Review – My Husband’s Daughter by Emma Robinson <— MY LATEST 4.5 STAR REVIEW IS UP!!
TODAY’S BLASTS FROM THE PAST!!
- 1 year ago… we made a spoiler-y list!! Reader Recommendations – Our favorite books where the heroine doesn’t end up with the lead guy…
- 2 years ago, I went 4.5 STAR CRAZY for this psych-thriller!! Book Review – About Her by Kimberly Adams
- 2 years ago, we explored this question… Reader Confession – What happens to our ebooks when we die?
- 6 years ago, I 4.5 STAR LOVED this angsty… sort of bully read (he’s such a jerk!!) but that rocked my world! Book Review – Wild Reckless by Ginger Scott
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- The Rules of Friends with Benefits (Rules of Love) by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY ALERT!! “…A good girl follows the rules. So does a smart woman. That’s why I’ve resisted my brother’s best friend for years. Fine, fine. Maybe the sexy, charming confident baseball player hasn’t given me a reason to suspect he’s thinking the same flirty, dirty thoughts as I am. But then he starts showing up by my side at sporting events. At galas…”
- Protect and Serve Series Boxset: A forbidden love romance by Nadine Hudson
- Boyfriend Wanted, Must Love Dancing: A Sweet Romantic Comedy by Angie Pepper
- His Temporary Assistant: A Grumpy Boss Romantic Comedy (Kensington Square Book 1) by Taryn Quinn
- Breaking the Bully by Jessa Kane <— LIVE!! THE RICH GIRL & HER BULLY ALERT!! “…After years of pining for her in the halls of our high school, I finally touch her one night in an open field beneath a storm, receiving a miracle I never expected—she needs me in return. Or so I think. As soon as she finds out I’m a handyman, she cuts me off. But I’m not letting the richest girl in school break my heart without consequences. She will pay… But I’ll pay a far worse price when I find out why she really left me hanging without a word. And after unfairly bullying my sweet girl, I’ll sell my soul to win her back…”
- Anarchy (Hades Book 2) by Tate James
- Mac: A Scottish Mafia Romance (Mountain Men) by Jane Henry
- Black Sunshine: A Dark Vampire Romance by Karina Halle <— OOOOOOH!!! KARINA HALLE’S LATEST JUST WENT LIVE & I AM SO EXCITED!! “...A week before her birthday, she’s kidnapped by the brooding and dangerous stranger with cold eyes and a lethal touch, who has been stalking her on San Francisco’s fog-shrouded streets. Absolon “Solon” Stavig isn’t your average criminal though. He’s a centuries-old vampire who’s caught between wanting to kill Lenore and wanting to save her. You see Lenore, too, is a vampire. She just doesn’t know it yet. Taken by a pair of vampire slayers when she was just an infant, Lenore was raised never knowing her true nature...”
Stacy: Karina Halle’s new release (paranormal) is live – Black Sunshine.
Maryse: YAY!!!!!! Vampires a la Karina Halle!!!!!
- The Winter Before by Karen Crompton <— LIVE!!! RECLUSIVE, SCARRED HERO & SHE’S HIS NEW NEIGHBOR ALERT!! “…when she inherits a rundown cottage near secluded Briars Creek, she can’t resist the thrill of a new adventure and creating a home of her own. A home that’s right across the creek from Isaac Stone. In place of the boy Olivia once knew, is a rugged man with emotional walls as imposing as the mountains around them…”
- Cosa Nostra: A Steamy Mafia Romance (Kids of The District Book 3) by Nicci Harris
- Shift of Morals: An MM Shifter Romance (Kingdom of Wolves Book 5) by K Webster
- Shadows of Fire (The Shadow Realms Book 1) by Brenda K. Davies
- Without Warning: A Billionaire Romance (Playboys of New York Book 5) by JA Low
- Wild Rebel (Dirty Wild Book 1) by Laurelin Paige <— LIVE!!! LAURELIN PAIGE SECOND CHANCE BILLIONAIRE ROMANCE ALERT!! “…We were supposed to run away after graduation. When she didn’t show at our meeting place, I got brave and went after her. It was a mistake. I left bloodied and bruised. I had no choice but to walk away. Years passed. I traveled, settled halfway around the world, made enough money that I didn’t have to look back. But I never got over her. Then, out of the blue, she calls…“
- Damage: A Ghost Squad Novel by Lilith Saintcrow
- Love Hard: A Reverse Harem Enemies-to-Lovers Romance (Black Rose Kisses Book 4) by Eva Ashwood
- Astonishing August by Caroline Lee
- Strange Love by Ann Aguirre <— bev is enjoying this one!
bev: I started Strange Love by Ann Aguirre. I’d seen some good reviews of it last year and saw that The Heaving Bosoms podcast has a 2 part ep about it….kind of using the eps as a buddy read 🤷♀️
Only 8% in and it’s already made me laugh a few times.
The set up is that an alien (the hero) goes to pick up his prospective bride and accidentally kidnaps a human woman (our heroine) and her small dog Snaps. He implants both with communication technology so they can converse. He has now come to the conclusion that Snaps, though of limited vocabulary (basically: “yup”, “go”, and “dog”) must be the more important one in the hierarchy between the two.
- Crazy Hearts : A Small Town Romance (Poplar Falls Book 5) by Amber Kelly <— LIVE!! HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE JUST A FLING! “...I’ve always loved my life and career. That was until my boss, best friend, and partner in crime, fell in love during a trip to her hometown and made me become a bougie cowgirl. It only took a few visits to the sleepy town of Poplar Falls for me to understand the draw. So here I am, fighting the two girls that live inside of me. One who loves the glitz and glamour of NYC and thrives in the fast-paced world of the Upper East Side. Then the other who longs to be wild and free in the laid back mountains of Colorado with the people who have become like family...”
Nancy: One of my favorite authors & friend: Jeannine Colette has a recommendation for us! I already looked up the 1st book: RUSTIC HEARTS: A Small Town Romance by Amber Kelly … I one-clicked!
- Spring Seduction (Wyoming Fever Book 1) by Elizabeth Lennox
- A Lair So Sinful by Zoey Ellis
- The Sex Surrogate (The Surrogate Book 1) by Jessica Gadziala <— MONY LOVED THIS ONE!! She says:
“The Sex Surrogate (The Surrogate, #1) by Jessica Gadziala. I really loved this book. It’s a sexy slow burn romance between a hot psychologist/sex surrogate who helps a young woman who is anxious about intimacy – through “tutoring”. Real life?…no..would definitely break those professional codes. Nevertheless a great read with a memorable book boyfriend.”
- Broken King: A High School Bully Romance (Green Hills Academy Trilogy Book 3) by Josie Max
- Fallen Moon: Wolves of Thunder Cove: A Paranormal Shifter Romance by Cate Cassidy
- Her Shadowed Wolves (House of Wolves and Magic Book 3) by Helen Scott
- MONY IS ALSO READING THESE!
Mony: Not a series but what about Always Only You (Bergman Brothers, #2). Will be doing a BR on that one but I’ve read a bit already & it’s very good!
The Not-Outcast by Tijan – Enjoyed this book. Also hockey and same as above – both heroines experience neurodiversity (love that term).
These have been around for a while…you may have already read them…
Loved the WAGs series by Sarina Bowen.
Zack (Cold Fury Hockey #3) by Sawyer Bennett.
Brooklynaire (Brooklyn #1) by Sarina Bowen.
The Copper Valley Thrusters Series by Pippa Grant (liked book 1 & 3 best) (book covers OTT :).
- Hard Luck by Sara Ney <— ONE NIGHT STAND WITH A BASEBALL STAR & NOW SHE’S PREGNANT! “…SOME GIRLS HAVE ALL THE LUCK Unfortunately, I am not one of those girls. Not when I lost my apartment because my roommate let the lease lapse while I travel for work. Not when my brothers keep finding love and my mother keeps reminding me I’m still single. Not after a one-night stand during my older brother’s wedding has me waking up pregnant. I have to keep it a secret—from him, and my family. I sure can’t tell my brother his teammate, Mateo Espinoza, is the man I slept with. Confident, funny, Mateo…“
- Chasing Shadows (Stealth Ops Book 9) by Brittney Sahin
- First Down: Second Chance Secret Baby (Sharks Football Book 1) by Leslie North
- Paper Hearts: An Enemies to Lovers-Second Chance Romance by Brittany Taylor <— LIVE!! HE’S NO LONGER THE SAME MAN!! “…With my heart set on expanding my business, I needed one of New York City’s best real estate executives. Little did I know it would be the same man who had torn my heart like a piece of paper before setting it on fire. Once my gaze lands on his, I know Asher is no longer the boy I loved when I was eighteen. No, this Asher treated me like a stranger...”
- Witching After Forty series by Lia Davis & L.A. Boruff <— RANDI IS ENJOYING THESE!!
Randi: Reading the “Witching After Forty” series by Lia Davis & L.A. Boruff. If you like Shannon Mayer’s “Forty Proof” series, you will like this one.
- True North by Jennifer Watts <— THE ABUSED WOMAN THAT LEAVES & THE POLICE OFFICER!! NANCY’S LATEST ALASKA-style READ THAT SHE LOVED!
Nancy: TRUE NORTH by Jennifer Watts is what I would call a hidden gem! The story starts off in Alaska than moves to the Canadian, Yukon. It only has 2 Reviews & one is mine!
…a good book, but a warning if domestic abuse is a trigger for you. However, what the book does have is a very brave young lady that is battered, but not broken…
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Secrets We Held: Secrets and Truths Duet, Book 1 by E.K. Blair & The Truths We Told: Secrets and Truths Duet, Book 2 by E.K. Blair <— THIS DUET NOW AVAILABLE IN AUDIOBOOK!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Hard to Lose (The Play Hard Series Book 4) by K. Bromberg – March 30th 2021
- No Way Out by Fern Michaels – March 30th 2021
- Montana Mavericks: a hot cowboy collection by Rebecca Zanetti – March 30th 2021
- Watch Me Burn (Elements of the Heart Book 2) by C.E. Johnson – March 30th 2021
- The Three Mrs. Greys by Shelly Ellis – March 30th 2021
- Rule of Wolves (King of Scars Duology Book 2) by Leigh Bardugo – March 30th 2021
- Wilde Child: Wildes of Lindow Castle by Eloisa James – March 30th 2021
- The Rebel by Kendall Ryan – March 30th 2021
- The Perfect Marriage: A Novel by Adam Mitzner – April 1st 2021
- The Light Through the Leaves: A novel by Glendy Vanderah – April 1st 2021
- The Two Week Stand: A Sizzling Beach Romance by Samantha Towle – April 2nd 2021
- You Love Me: A You Novel by Caroline Kepnes – April 6th 2021
- The Drowning Kind by Jennifer McMahon – April 6th 2021
- Mother May I: A Novel by Joshilyn Jackson – April 6th 2021
- The Drowning Kind by Jennifer McMahon – April 6th 2021
- Headhunter: A With Me In Seattle Mafia Novel by Kristen Proby – April 6th 2021
- Goodbye, Lark Lovejoy: A Novel (The Enchanted Rock Series Book 1) by Kris Clink – April 6th 2021
- After Happily Ever After: A Novel by Leslie A. Rasmussen – April 6th 2021
- Blessed Monsters: A Novel (Something Dark and Holy Book 3) by Emily A. Duncan – April 6th 2021
- Jailbait (Souls Chapel Revenants MC Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale – April 6th 2021
- Sixpence and Selkies (Manners and Monsters Book 5) by Tilly Wallace – April 9th 2021
- Not Pretending Anymore by Penelope Ward & Vi Keeland – April 12, 2021
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!