<— But in the meantime, we’ve found a bunch of books to read. Awesome sounding reader recommendations plus some new ones like that one to the left! TOTAL BLURB JOLT ALERT!!! That blurb gave me a KA “Golden Dynasty” feel, and I am soooooo in the mood for that. Yes I think I’m going to read it this weekend. 😀
P.S. two of our favorites lists just got huge updates, so check those out, too.
- ➔ UNREQUITED LOVE LIST UPDATED!! He doesn’t want her… “Unrequited Love” Book Recommendations
- ➔ OLDER WOMAN/YOUNGER MAN LIST UPDATED!! In celebration of Author Vi Keeland’s “All Grown Up” and in anticipation of Karina Halle’s “The Younger Man” release, I just updated this list BIG TIME!!! 😀
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔ Prime members that have not joined Kindle Unlimited yet can get a KU membership for THREE MONTHS FREE!
- War (The Four Horsemen Book 2) by Laura Thalassa <— LAURA THALASSA’S LATEST JUST WENT LIVE!! OMG THIS WARRIOR KILLER JUST CALLED HER HIS WIFE AND TAKES HER… eeeeeeep!!! 😲😬 “…There is no surviving this, especially not once Miriam catches the eye of War himself. But when the massive and terrifying horseman corners Miriam, he calls her his wife, and instead of killing her, he takes her back to his camp...”
Anne18: Hi Maryse! War by Laura Thalassa just went live and is free on kindle unlimited.
Caroline: Thank you! Been waiting forever for the next release!!
Maryse: YAY!!! Thank you Anne18!! 😀 It sounds AMAZING!!! Almost like Golden Dynasty…
- First and Forever: Heartache Duet Book Two by Jay McLean <— LIVE!!! YA SPORTS ROMANCE DUET CONCLUSION ALERT!! “…First and Forever is the second book in the Heartache Duet, and must be read after Heartache and Hope: Heartache Duet Book One…”
- Academy of Six: A Reverse Harem Academy Series (Origins of the Six Series Book 1) by A.K. Koonce and Aleera Anaya Ceres <— LIVE!!!
- A Spell for Death: Rosewilde Academy of Magical Arts by B.C. Palmer and Marie Robinson <— LIVE!!!
- The Hopeful Heart: (Accidental Connection #1) (Forever Safe Romance Book 8) by Haven Rose <— LIVE!!!
- Wicked Games by T.K. Leigh <— LIVE!!! HE’S FORBIDDEN BUT SHE DIDN’T REALIZE WHO HE WAS... “…On paper, we mix as well as oil and water. He’s confident. Commanding. Successful. Master of his universe. I’m a hot mess, barely holding on as I struggle to balance my job, finally finishing college, and keeping my mother sober. But when the lights go out, nothing else matters. Until I learn the truth of who Lincoln Moore actually is…”
- His Oath: A CIA Military Romance (The Protector Series Book 2) by Lilian Monroe <— LIVE!!
- Flutter (Nash Brothers Book 3) by Carrie Aarons <— LIVE!!
- Heaven’s Fall: A Paranormal High School Bully Romance (Pandorax Academy Book 1) by Ember Hollis <— LIVE!! BULLY ROMANCE ALERT!!! “…the dad I never thought I’d meet turns out to be an angel. He’s the only family I have left, and he’s sent me to Pandorax Academy. A super-secret, super-magical, super dangerous academy for supernaturals like me. Except that I’m the only one with angelic blood...”
- Without Limits by M.A. Innes <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Caraval series <— HOLY COW ALERT!!! Alyssa recommends this one (and so does Tasha J):
Alyssa: If you like crazy confusing mysterious alternate world (did I say confusing?). You NEED to read the Caraval series. Holy cow. I read the trilogy in 1 day.
Tasha J: …I love her descriptive writing. It’s beautiful, magical, and I almost want to say sometimes delicious. Like it makes me hungry when food words are used. Sugary beaches and what not. LOL It’s completely unique, but if I had to pick ways to describe it so far it would be a little like Alice in Wonderland, maybe some Hunger Games too. I’m loving the potential love interest. Is he a prick, really? Or is he someone else perhaps? Or maybe this guy could play in here…..?
- All Grown Up by Vi Keeland <— OLDER WOMAN/YOUNGER MAN RECENT RELEASE & we have feedback (by a fellow Canadian reader!!!)
Michelle: I just finished All Grown Up and loved it. What a fun read.
- End of Day (Jack & Jill Series Book 1) by Jewel E. Ann <— Rebecca insists (and I have one-clicked the entire collection). I dunno what I’m waiting for considering how much she LOVES these:
Rebecca: You have GOT to read her Jack and Jill series. It is still my absolute favorite. I never re-read books because I have literally thousands waiting to be read and I re-read the entire series because it is perfection. My favorite of hers and maybe everything. Laughs, laughs till you cry, cries, and SOB cries. You HAVE to read it!! 💗
- Last Summer: A Novel by Kerry Lonsdale <— RECENT RELEASE & we have feedback!! She can remember everything… except being pregnant and losing her baby…
Lisa: I love, love, love Kerry Lonsdale books. Last Summer was amazing…
Michele G: I have to say that I loved Last Summer! I read it in a day because I had to figure out the mystery!
Kari: This one is really good!!!
- Protector (Silent Phoenix MC Series Book 4) by Shannon Myers <— LIVE!!
- doyenne. by Anne Malcom <— REMEMBER THIS DARK SOUNDING ONE from a few weeks ago (and that crazy blurb)? We have feedback!!
Nancy: Recommendation: DOYENNE by Anne Malcom. Going on my list of Best Dark book of 2019!
- Promising Forever (Falling for a Rose Book 11) by Stephanie Nicole Norris <— LIVE!!
- Sacred Sinners MC – Texas by Bink Cummings <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! Tessa is loving this series!
Tessa: I started the trilogy that was a question of the week, the Bink Cummings one, and I’m on book 3. It’s really fun and I adore the characters. I think I like the H’s brother the most. Kade is pure awesome. He’s psycho but sweet. lol
…He loves his knives a little too much and goes nuts when it’s killing time, but then he’s with her and the kids and he’s an utter sweety. So, psycho but sweet.
- Speaking of which… Joy is caught up in a BIKER BOOK reading frenzy!! And it was that “Bink Cummings” book from last week’s reader question that started her off, too!
Joy: Hi Maryse, I have to tell you about the MC book craze that I’m wound up in!
I was reading a post on your blog (can’t remember what it was, but I remember seeing the name Bink Cummings and HOPE TRILOGY BOX SET: Sacred Sinners MC- Texas Chapter) and went to Amazon to check it out. Well, I read a few reviews before I started reading it.
One reviewer said it was good, but not great. She said she felt that way because Deuce West from Madeline Sheehan’s Undeniable Series is her all time fave book boyfriend. She also mentioned Grizz from Beth Flynn’s Nine Minutes Series as her next fave, of MC’s.
I started the Hope Trilogy and was immediately drawn into it, but my mind kept wandering to Undeniable and Nine Minutes. Soooooo, I decided to read the first chapter of each book. Now I’m juggling all three, lol. I’ll read 3 chapters from one, then switch until I’m back at The Hope Trilogy. I can’t put them down! I’m now in book 2 of each series.
So far, it’s Grizz and Nine Minutes that has become my favorite, MC story!!! Book 2 is giving me backstory like crazy and the secrets revealed are blowing my mind! Grizz is in a league of his own, when it comes to biker badasses! It’s so much more than a kidnapping\obsession story! Deuce made me wanna choke him, so bad! He wanted his girl for a long time, and their story had so many twists and turns that I almost gave up hope for them.
Then there’s Ryker and his lady in the Hope Trilogy! Ryker makes me swoon. I don’t like how he betrayed his lady, but he was truly sorry and had been put in an awful situation. He did what he had to do to protect her and their daughters. When things were revealed and she had to depend on him to protect her, Ryker and his amazing brother Kade, made my heart melt!
I had to tell you that all three are amazing!
Maryse: LOL Joy!! I feel it!!! I read the Undeniable series (and LOVED IT like crazy) and also a few books in the “Nine Minutes” series and FREAKED OUT by all that craziness and forbiddeness. Both of them… PURE GRIT. LOVED!!! So yes, now both you AND Tessa (and last week’s reader question) have me super-intrigued and tempted by the Bink Cummings series. Hrmmm…
- In Moonlight and Memories by Julie Ann Walker <— EPIC COMPLETED TRILOGY ALERT!! Theresa read this trilogy and LOVED it!
Theresa: Just finished all 3 books in Julie Ann Walker’s In Moonlight and Memories. It was beyond an epic read. Has to be one of best I have read in true romance. Author makes you understand and feel the people and history of New Orleans, with a love triangle, secrets, mysteries, loyalties of a true friendship that goes beyond any you have ever read.
If you have not thought about reading, it is a must read. Unlike anything author has ever written. Can’t seem to pick up another book because I keep re reading in my mind.
- Unspoken Vow (Steele Brothers Book 2) by Eden Finley <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE/NEW ROOMMATES ALERT!! “…In short, he’s perfect. The reality, he scares me.He’s the opposite of what I usually go for. He’s bigger. Intimidating. He reminds me of someone I’d rather forget. When I need to find a new place to live, Brody offers me his spare room, but I have no plans on taking him up on the offer. He doesn’t know what happened to me five years ago…”
- The Seller: A Dark Romance by Loki Renard <— LIVE!!!
- Lawless (The Clean Cut) by Tracey Ward <— LIVE!!!
- Trials of Fear series by Nicky James <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! Kristy LOVED these!
Kristy: I just finished up Nicky James Trials of Fear series and it’s so so good. M/M and each book deals with a character working through intense phobias. If you’re into m/m but looking for a different kind of story these books are perfect!
- Going Down on One Knee: A sizzling, laugh out loud romance! (Mile High Matched, Book 1) (A Mile High Matched Novel) by Christina Hovland <— LIVE!!! SHE WANTS A MAN JUST LIKE HER SISTER’S FIANCE… and then this BIKER rolls into town… 😉 “...Badass biker Brek Montgomery blazes a trail across the country, managing Dimefront, one of the biggest rock bands of his generation. With the band on hiatus, Brek rolls into Denver to pay a quick visit to his family and friends. But when Brek’s sister suddenly gets put on bed rest, she convinces Brek to take over her wedding planning business for the duration of her pregnancy. Staying in Denver and dealing with bridezillas was not what Brek had in mind when he passed through town, but there is one particular maid-of-honor who might make his stay worthwhile…”
- Blow Me Away: A sizzling, friends to lovers rom com! (Mile High Matched Book 2) by Christina Hovland <— LIVE!!! THE BAKER & THE FLORIST ACROSS THE STREET ALERT!! “…Cookie-baker extraordinaire, Heather Reese, has had one too many rounds of heartache, so she’s sworn off men and prefers to spend her evenings binge-watching game shows. Plus her no-men rule gives her time to focus on her dream come true–Heather’s Cookie Co.–her very own bake shop with an underground following for naughty shaped treats. She refuses to be interested in the hot-shot florist across the street. He is trouble with a capital T. Sexy trouble, but still, a hook-up with Jase is a hard nope. Desperate to avoid his family’s incessant matchmaking, a fake breakup with the beautiful Heather is just what the florist ordered…”
- Savage: A Steamy Journey into Temptation by Tim Madge <— LIVE!! PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! SHE LOSES IT WHEN HE ENDS THE AFFAIR… “…He wants her, but he isn’t willing to leave his wife; eventually, he ends the affair. Yet the wrath of a woman scorned can reach unimaginable levels. Especially when Helen turns up in the mountain hotel where he has taken Sally to mend their marriage…”
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
➔➔ Audible now has a “Romance” package membership (3o day free trial)
- Outlander: Outlander, Book 1 by Diana Gabaldon <— Michelle is listening to this one!! And I totally get what she’s saying… it would happen to me too. Unless I’m listening while I’m working on stuff. 😉
Michelle: I decided to give audio books a go and because I’ve been missing my Outlander, I decided to listen to the series on audible. I’m really enjoying it. Although, I tend to listen as I fall asleep and miss 2 or 3 chapters lol. Good thing I’ve read the series many times.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Dear Anna by Katie Blanchard – July 16th 2019
- Window on the Bay by Debbie Macomber – July 16th 2019
- Cruel Legacy by K.A. Linde – July 16th 2019
- Temptation’s Darling by Johanna Lindsey – July 16th 2019
- This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone – July 16th 2019
- HOT SEAL Hero (HOT SEAL Team – Book 7) by Lynn Rae Harris – July 16th 2019
- Take Me Tonight (The Knight Brothers Book 3) by Carly Phillips – July 16th 2019
- Falling With You (Fractured Connections Book 3) by Carrie Ann Ryan – July 16th 2019
- The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory – July 16th 2019
- Trapping Her by Aurora Rose Reynolds – July 16th 2019
- Untamed Delights (The Phoenix Pack Book 8) by Suzanne Wright – July 16th 2019
- Making Up by Helena Hunting – July 16th 2019
- Filthy Vows by Alessandra Torre – July 18th 2019
- Lies by Kylie Scott – July 21st 2019
- Infinite (Indefinite Duet Book 2) by Corinne Michaels – July 22nd 2019
- Just added (just went up for preorder):
- Crew Princess (Crew Series Book 2) by Tijan <— AUGUST 19th 2019
- The Day He Came Back by Penelope Ward – August 19th 2019
- All the Way (Hot Jocks Book 2) by Kendall Ryan – September 24th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).